Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY! Will GA/CA Get Immunity?

+7
HippieChick
Nama
Wrapitup
NiteSpinR
mommyof3kids
Juanita
artgal16
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY!  Will GA/CA Get Immunity? Empty LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY! Will GA/CA Get Immunity?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:09 pm

LEE ANTHONY BEING QUESTIONED UNDER OATH! Scroll down in this LINK until you reach THIS SUB title:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quoted from article:

Lee Anthony's attorney, Tom Luka, said his client will not avoid answering the tough questions, because the line of questioning will be based on facts and not his opinion about his sister or what she may have done.

At one point, there was concern that Lee Anthony may be charged with obstruction of justice because of contradicting statements he had given to sheriff's investigators in the past. Now that Lee Anthony has been granted immunity he does not have to worry about that any longer.

Thomas LUKA, has video interview w/Kathy Belich before Lee's deposition. LUKA said Lee has USE immunity, which is ONLY GOOD for this deposition. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will George or Cindy be given immunity & do they deserve it? I am ONLY assuming that GA/CA will also get LIMITED USE IMMUNITY which they are entitled to with their SUPENEO. It will not be good beyond this deposition.

Last edited by artnut12345 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY!  Will GA/CA Get Immunity? Empty Re: LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY! Will GA/CA Get Immunity?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:17 pm

IMO, we will only know if the ANT'S get immunity if CONWAY decides to tell, us, "trying to put the ANT's in a more positive light" to influence public opinion of them. CONWAY promised LE that the ANT's wouldn't TELL anymore CONFLICTING stories, he promised LE they wouldn't LIE anymore!

LE is on record as saying: "We are interested in anything the ANT's have to say as long as they are TRUTHFUL." The ANT's NEVER came forth to be HONEST w/LE, they are supenoed this week for DEPO's, they have NO CHOICE BUT to attend.

B CONWAY signed on PRO BONO as soon as Caylee's body was found & IMMEDIATELY ask for IMMUNITY for the ANT's. He received so much criticism for his request, he told MEDIA it was his IDEA! LIAR!! jmo! Perhaps when he heard the ANT's story, he realized they NEEDED immunity to protect their lying butt's, jmo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY!  Will GA/CA Get Immunity? Empty Re: LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY! Will GA/CA Get Immunity?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Criminal Defense Attorney Richard Hornsby weighs in on CA's deposition:

"She has back-tracked," he said. "They've got to pin her down."He said Cindy Anthony's stories have been inconsistent, so they need her story on the record before they go to trial.

"I think Casey Anthony is the wild card," Hornsby said. "I think Cindy Anthony is the loose cannon."

An important thing CA LIED about was the fight she had with KC on the night of the 15th, speculated motive by many. I wonder if she will CONTINUE TO LIE & say this fight never happened.

How can you give a hostile liar immunity? jmo, you can't!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:52 pm

I believe also she back-tracked in her testimony this time because with the State she knows she can be convicted of perjury for lying and I dont believe that she would go that far when questioned under oath.
What she said to the press and media for the past year was one thing - but when you get into the hot seat and put up your hand and swear to tell the truth
even Cindy knows you had better tell it.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:03 pm

i cant stand lee. cant stand him!!! hes a wacko! imo
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:04 pm

artgal16,

I am just sick of the ANT's, especially CA. I agree with your opinion, hopefully Conway "MANNED UP" & told CA she better TELL the truth!

The ANT's are not viewed by the STATE, imo, as sympathetic. IMO, the State Att. see them as the liars they are & hopefully, will NOT GIVE THEM IMMUNITY! If they do, imo, how can they be sure they won't flip/flop or LIE in court?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:09 pm

dont give the ants immunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it WONT WORK FOR THEM

if you do, they will lie for their daughter!!!!

put them under oath and make them either protect themselves or their daughter.
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:20 pm

It sounds like LUKA is saying that the IMMUNITY is GOOD ONLY for the DEPOSITION TODAY that the STATE is taking.

Lee Anthony's attorney, Thomas Luka, said nothing his client says will be used against him because in the days after Caylee was reported missing, Lee Anthony spoke to his sister several times, with many of the conversations recorded on jailhouse video.

"He would have use immunity for this deposition. He's already received his subpoena, so I'm unconcerned that they would prosecute him for any sort of perjury or anything else like that," Luka said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:24 pm

by Juanita Today at 5:03 pm

i cant stand lee. cant stand him!!! hes a wacko! imo

Juanita, Not if you like to wear tube socks and high five your baby killer sister! Barf
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:33 pm

artnut - I am late coming to the conversation, but I've been to the wftv article several times and I can not find the paragraph that you referenced earlier. Maybe they retracted it? Am I the only one who can't find it?

Last edited by georgiamom on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Georgiamom,

LOL! IT is difficult to find. I wish I could have posted more of the entire article but wrapitup says we really need to be careful & post 10% or less of the article.

Go to the link I listed above. SCROLL WAY DOWN, it is a LONG article, there is a SUB HEADING which says:
Lee Anthony questioned under OATH!
Look at the end of that article, & there is just a sentence or two which states he has immunity.

In the first post, I copied the two paragraphs from the article about the immunity.! Sorry it was so difficult to find so I just copied & pasted it here.

I have found out from CLICK Orlando, that LEE has USE IMMUNITY which, thankfully, is ONLY GOOD for this deposition.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:57 pm

art,
I did what you said but it's not in the article. Under the "Lee Anthony ..." heading there are only 4 sentences and none of them contain any info on immunity. I continued on through the rest of the article (discusses CA depo) and there isn't anything there. So my point was, do you think they jumped the gun on that and had to redact it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:10 pm

by georgiamom Today at 5:57 pm

art,
I did what you said but it's not in the article. Under the "Lee Anthony ..." heading there are only 4 sentences and none of them contain any info on immunity. I continued on through the rest of the article (discusses CA depo) and there isn't anything there. So my point was, do you think they jumped the gun on that and had to redact it?
And didn't every who read the doc dump say they DID NOT see this in there??
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:42 pm

It is not in the dump but I read it in the article.

At one point, there was concern that Lee Anthony may be charged with obstruction of justice because of contradicting statements he had given to sheriff's investigators in the past. Now that Lee Anthony has been granted immunity he does not have to worry about that any longer.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Guys, your right. The article is GONE! But the good news is: I have printed the paragraphs above for you in which his attorney confirms he had immunity & there is a link to a VIDEO interview w/LUKA that Kathy Belich did in which he states LEE has LIMITED USE immunity for this deposition.

Check this link lindamarie posted. IT IS IN THERE! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some people looked in the doc dumps for the information but it HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH the doc dumps. This immunity is GRANTED for these DEPOSITIONS only with the STATE attorneys.

Last edited by artnut12345 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:46 pm

I figured that out Art. 8) Couple Hugging
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 pm

art, I wasn't doubting you - just noting that the original article that you referenced did not have those words in it any longer. Linda, thanks for the link, it is in that article, but the quote from the original article has been removed. Sometimes, the local reporters jump the gun with info that shouldn't be released or is in fact misleading.

I just want to make it clear that I wasn't doubting you, art; just wondering what wftv was up to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 pm

georgiamom,

I must have posted the wrong link back to the article. I corrected it. Lindamarie has the right LINK.I'm sorry, losing my mind. I posted it about 3 or 4 times, sorry for the mix up.

I did find this information:
LEE was granted “USE IMMUNITY" or “Limited Immunity”, which in Florida is automatically granted with a state’s witness subpoena for deposition.

All it means is the state cannot use anything he says during the depo against him, but he could still be charded with a crime with other evidence. Also, if he lies under oath, the immunity will cease.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:39 am

mayyyy B
Casey told Lee where Caylee's body was located and he told his parents and led D.Casey to the site. Maybe they are giving him immunity so he will testify when, how and who told him "Caylee was close to home"

JUST my "O"
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:11 am

NiteSpinR,

certainly plausible! 🕷
🕷 🕷
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:23 am

hey art, no problem and thanks for clearing me up. I guess the cynic in me thought wftv was up to something. I hope Lee has had enough time to realize that the stakes are high and he better come clean with what he knows. Isn't he still living with the Ants?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:22 pm

Lee Anthony's Lawyer Exits Case!
Attorney Says Casey Anthony's Brother No Longer Needs Representation!

(quoted from article:)
-- The attorney of Lee Anthony said he is exiting the case as his "representation is no longer necessary."After eight hours of deposition, Tom Luka said Anthony [b]"spilled it all and nothing was different."

As a result of his testimony, Luka said Lee Anthony has what's called "use immunity" from prosecution, though he said Anthony never did anything to warrant being charged in connection with the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:38 pm

This is pretty incredible. What does 'spilled it all' mean? Isn''t use immunity just good for the depo or does it cover all testimony? Wish I understood the different immunities better. Thanks for the link, art.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

LEE Has Been Given IMMUNITY!  Will GA/CA Get Immunity? Empty Luka's role in the case has come to an end

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:46 pm

The attorney for Casey Anthony's brother reports his representation is no longer needed in the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:34 pm

Lee Anthonys lawyer is done - he says Lee no longer needs representation. Im sure Lee racked up quite a bill too - unless the lawyer was doing in pro-bono.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:48 pm

Artgal,

I agree, Lee probably owes a TON, I never read anyone in this case is working PRO-BONO except for B Conway & imo, he isn't worth much. LUKA, being a CRIMINAL Att, probably charges at least 200.00 per hour. Just yesterday at 9 hours is alot & the PREP work LUKA proably had to do with LEE was several hours prior to the depos. I bet LEE couldn't wait to get rid of LUKA. Lee can thank his murdering sister for all his headaches.

Georgiamom,

If LEE tells the same stories in COURT that he shared with w/STATE attorneys yesterday, he will be alright. Lee can still be implicated in other crimes by other participants & he will NOT be protected. His immunity was only GOOD for the depo he gave, it does NOT include anything in the future that might be revealed about LEE.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:51 pm

Luka always struck me as an honest person..nothing like Baez or Conway, to name two of many.

He probably DID take the case on pro bono and yes, as far as I know, Lee is still living w/the Ant's. Guess Mallory was NOT pregnant??

My question is this: LEE w/be testifying at trial. So, the State will NOT be asking him any questions that would warrant him having his own attorney?? Are we to assume that by Lee "spilling it" - the State is SATISFIED with him and therefore, No Bombshell questions w/be asked at the trial by the State?? No rabbit's being pulled out of the proverbial hat?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:56 pm

If you are a witness for either the state or the prosecution can you sit in while the trial is going on?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:59 pm

wrapitup,

from what I understand, LEE is protected ONLY for the Questions & contributions he made yesterday. By "spilling his guts," maybe he told everything he knew.

There shouldn't be any surprises in court UNLESS someone else IMPLICATES LEE in some type of obstruction that the STATE doesn't know about. In that case, he would be sunk. He does NOT HAVE "Blanket Immunity" which would cover ANY acts he participated in. If he in fact participated in something else, he can be charged.

I am hoping that HE WAS HONEST & told everything he knew, like the choking incident he shared with J. Grund on the night of June 15th, imo, this is critical since CA HAS lied about it, & is possible motive some contend for the murder of Caylee., jmo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:01 pm

Luka said he may help Lee Anthony in the civil case against his sister. Attorneys for the woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation may want Lee Anthony and his family to answer questions they initially balked out during their depositions.

What will Luka help Lee with? Balking out, again?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Artgal,

I don't think you can sit in & hear testimony if you are a witness for the state of the defense.

That would make sense, as GA & CA would want to TELL the same story under oath in court.

I certainly hope someone request copies of the depositions so they will be released to the public. I am dying to know what LEE said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:05 pm

Thanks art, and I'm sorry to be so dense, but what about previous questioning. Are we to assume that he answered the same or corrected any 'misstatements' that he made in other questioning? It seemed for awhile that he was doing alot of behind the scenes stuff.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 pm

USE IMMUNITY: A witness’s compelled testimony in a criminal case cannot be used against him for criminal prosecution.

Transactional and use immunity are granted to a witness in order to preserve their constitutional protection against self-incrimination.

The states grant either form of this immunity. The federal govt. grants only use immunity.

A witness with use immunity can still be prosecuted, but only based on evidence NOT gathered from the protected testimony.

quoted from Itsamysterytome
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:47 am

So could it be that Lee is getting immunity because he's the only Anthony the State intends to call to the stand?

How far would you go to keep your sibling out of prison?
Would you confess to the internet searches?
Erase their computer?
Frame someone else for the crime?
Betray your parents?
Hide or move a body?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:50 am

NiteSpinR,

You make all very good points. I dislike Lee, his giggling at the depositions with JM made me ill, they were there to discuss evidence in a case that led to the MURDER of his niece. His mannerisms were creepy, CAYLEE is DEAD. TRUTHFUL answers are needed to get to the bottom of it, Giggling through out the questioning were more than bazaar & sitting there grinning saying he believed EVERYTHING HIS SISTER SAID was just another ANTHONY LIE.

I do feel like LEE holds a lot of answers that LE needs. LE has said, "LEE knows what he had done" before he was given immunity. I hope he was confronted with their knowledge. IMO, he sought immunity & he got it, I pray he told the truth INSPITE of the LIES I anticipate the ANT's will continue to TELL, even under oath, to save KC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:47 pm

artnut12345 wrote:NiteSpinR,

You make all very good points. I dislike Lee, his giggling at the depositions with JM made me ill, they were there to discuss evidence in a case that led to the MURDER of his niece. His mannerisms were creepy, CAYLEE is DEAD. TRUTHFUL answers are needed to get to the bottom of it, Giggling through out the questioning were more than bazaar & sitting there grinning saying he believed EVERYTHING HIS SISTER SAID was just another ANTHONY LIE.

I do feel like LEE holds a lot of answers that LE needs. LE has said, "LEE knows what he had done" before he was given immunity. I hope he was confronted with their knowledge. IMO, he sought immunity & he got it, I pray he told the truth INSPITE of the LIES I anticipate the ANT's will continue to TELL, even under oath, to save KC.
Like is sister, I think Lee gave "half truths" even with Immunity.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Attorney Richard Hornsby, who is doing legal analysis for WESH, pointed to Lee as the key witness at trial. "He of all his family members seems to be the one person she trusts the most," Hornsby said. "If she is even lying to him about what happened to Caylee, I think that's going to hold a lot more weight with the jury as to her believability."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:21 pm

sassybtsweet,

IMO, Lee will NOT be GIVEN FULL CRIMINAL IMMUNITY DEAL because, he could LATER get on the stand & say HE KILLED Caylee & he would be protected by his FULL CRIMINAL IMMUNITY. IMO, that's why he will NOT GET it.

If Lee for example, helped DC Casey move the body for BOZO, the STATE could give him immunity in EXCHANGE for his testimony against the others & NOT charge Lee with any crime. (obstruction or accessory after the fact), (imo, this is the immunity that D Casey has probably gotten in this case, to testify to what he knew & the participation of obstruction of others.) The above two are JUST EXAMPLES of the kinds of immunity.

He was given IMMUNITY for his testimony, meaning, the STATE would not CHARGE him for being honest when he gave his deposition with them, BUT, if he LIES in court & says something different than he said in his deposition, he will lose immunity & can be charged.

Lee can ALSO be charged if someone else TESTIFYS to his participation in a criminal act or some type of obstruction having to do with Caylee's body.

I agree, I don't think he hurt Caylee, but, imo, he will do anything to save the BUTT of his murdering sister. IMO, Lee had knowledge of where Caylee was & it will be interesting to see if he got honest about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:33 pm

To be honest, art, thats why i was hoping he would not get it. It is also why i thought he asked for it in the first place. bet that didnt work out quite like they hoped, hum?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Sassybtsweet I've always kind of wondered how a mother could look her child in the eyes as she wraps her face in ductape. so maybe it wasnt her that did it, even if she was present/nearby/knew of it

Not for minute would I believe that KC would cover for someone else while she was going down. She would be telling who did it and putting all the blame on the person that helped her. KC is one sick chick to have wrapped that duct tape around Caylee's head and threw her in the trunk of a hot car. LA had something to do with covering up the crime no doubt in my mind about that.
duct and run
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:38 pm

lindamarie wrote:
Sassybtsweet I've always kind of wondered how a mother could look her child in the eyes as she wraps her face in ductape. so maybe it wasnt her that did it, even if she was present/nearby/knew of it

Not for minute would I believe that KC would cover for someone else while she was going down. She would be telling who did it and putting all the blame on the person that helped her. KC is one sick chick to have wrapped that duct tape around Caylee's head and threw her in the trunk of a hot car. LA had something to do with covering up the crime no doubt in my mind about that.
duct and run
Linda Marie, you don't have to duct and run on my account because I completely agree with you; just not sure how he helped her. thinking
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:19 pm

sasssybtsweet,

I think most of us will agree with you, there is just no "level of understanding of the hate/spite/vendictiveness that dwelled in KC's heart." KC called herself a "vendictive bitch" in a conversation w/Lee before CA made the infamous 911 call.

JMHO, Shirley Pleasa, KC's grandmother & CA's mother probably rationalized it best for me, she said, "KC hated CA more than she loved Caylee." IMO, this is a true assessment in of the demented mind of KC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 am

Juanita wrote:i cant stand lee. cant stand him!!! hes a wacko! imo

CA said one time that Lee suffered a bad reaction to an acne medication, I believe it was taken off the market but it had a possible side effect of some kind that caused fecal incontinence among other things. I have often wondered if thats why Lee is willing to settle for a job parking cars and why he has such a weird personality overall. Was he a dorky teenager who spent most of his time in the house hiding his acne face and dealing with possibly wearing adult diapers for awhile?

All JMO.

HippieChicks
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 am

It is the knee socks. They cut off the circulation to his brain.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:34 pm

charminglane wrote:It is the knee socks. They cut off the circulation to his brain.

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO I just want him to wax those eyebrows!!!!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Charm you are killing me with these one liners.

See it doesn't take too many words to get ones point across.

chug
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Oh, Raine, the inhumanity of those eyebrows.
Even an Epilady wouldn't do it.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Seeing this old thread come back has me wondering....was he really granted Immunity and when was that? The Gonzales civil trial?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:11 pm

He was only given immunity for the Gonzales trial. Not the murder trial. No way!!

Charm, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:29 pm

LMAO thinking of an epilady on those eyebrows...oh the pain. :lol!:
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next