Lawyer DROPS Misty Croslin Cummings!!!

Go down

Normal Lawyer DROPS Misty Croslin Cummings!!!

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:04 am

Lawyer drops Misty Cummings
By RICHARD PRIOR | More by this reporter | richard.prior@staugustine.com | Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 ; Updated: 11:47 PM on Saturday, October 10, 2009

Misty Cummings' lawyer, who failed to talk her out of going to New York for a nationally televised interview Friday morning, is no longer representing her.

The announcement came the same day his former client suggested someone on her husband's side of the family may know what happened to her missing stepdaughter.

"I can't really speak about the reasons, other than Misty doesn't need me any more," said Robert Fields, with the Palatka firm of Dowda & Fields. "She's an adult now; she's married.

"She can make her own decisions."

Cummings is the stepmother of HaLeigh Cummings, who was 5 years old when she disappeared from her father's Satsuma mobile home the night of Feb. 9.

Cummings, who was Ronald Cummings' live-in girlfriend at the time, was babysitting HaLeigh and her younger brother while their father worked a night shift as a crane operator.

She is the last known person to have seen the child.

Misty and Ronald Cummings were married March 12, one month after the child disappeared.

Ronald Cummings' attorney confirmed Tuesday that he was asking his wife for a divorce.

Fields said he contacted Cummings on Thursday after hearing she was planning to appear on the CBS Morning News on Friday.

She said she would not but flew to New York for the show anyway.

Fields said he texted her, notifying her of his decision, when the program aired. He didn't know if she actually got the message because she hadn't called him back as of Friday night.

Helping get clients through difficult times relies less on newsprint and the glare of television cameras, and more on "boring, gray, straight line work," Fields said.

Cummings apparently didn't agree.

On-line chat rooms are filled with reaction to Cummings' appearance on national television as well as the traffic stop she was caught up in on Wednesday.

A driver on Interstate 4 called 911 and said the driver of a car Cummings was riding in had threatened her with a handgun as they raced down the roadway, in a scene that one on-line blogger compared to "Thelma and Louise."

A Seminole County Sheriff's deputy had the car pull off at the Lake Mary exit.

Cummings, 17, and the driver, identified as Donna Brock, 43, were handcuffed and the car searched. They were released when no weapon was found.

Brock has been identified as a volunteer - or, perhaps, a former volunteer -- with EquuSearch, a Texas-based search and recovery group that the missing girl's family called on just after the disappearance.

Tim Miller, owner of EquuSearch, later became openly critical of Misty Cummings for months, insisting she knows more than she's telling investigators.

An Orlando Sentinel article said Brock lives in Georgia.

The incident report filed by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office lists the alleged victim of the "road rage" clash as Courtney Ballinger, 25. The report says her address is in Massachusetts.

The zip code for her address is Madison, Miss.

The area code for her two phones is Orlando.

Ballinger has been identified on a Facebook page as being as friend, or acquaintance, of "Steph," a man who runs a chat site devoted to HaLeigh Cummings and her disappearance.

That has led some on-line speculators to wonder out loud if the alleged encounter on the interstate was accidental.

Fields said his decision to no longer represent Cummings had nothing to do with the alleged "road rage" incident.

"This had everything to do with me advising her not to go into a potentially dangerous situation and her ignoring that advice," he said. "If she would listen to me, I believe I could get her through this."

Cummings appeared Friday on CBS Morning News in New York wearing a white "Have You Seen Me?" sweat shirt with a large photograph of her missing stepdaughter in the middle.

With her hair falling past her shoulders, she looked even younger than her 17 years.

She said her husband "tells me it's just too much pressure on us right now," when the interviewer asked if she knew why divorce papers had been filed.

She also said near the end of the five-minute interview that she and her husband may get back together if HaLeigh is found and their lives return to "normal."

The interviewer asked if the pending divorce meant Ronald Cummings had begun to think she had something to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"No," she said. "I don't think so. He hasn't really said much about it. He believes me. He doesn't think I had anything to do with HaLeigh going missing."

Asked if she had any ideas about what happened to the little girl, Cummings said, "Someone came and got her. Obviously."

"I feel like it's on the other side of the family that has her," she continued. "That's just how I feel."

Investigators haven't given that possibility a whole lot of attention, she suggested.

"I don't think they looked at everyone as close as they have me," she said.

Cummings calmly reflected on her possibilities when the interviewer asked about her immediate plans.

"I just need to move on and look for the right person," she said. "They're focusing on me. I'm not the one that has HaLeigh. I don't know where she is.

"They need to look for the person that does have HaLeigh."

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/101009/news_2072176.shtml

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Lawyer DROPS Misty Croslin Cummings!!!

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:20 am

This is like a train wreck and I just can't look away!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Haleigh Cummings – Step Mom’s Lawyer Files For Divorce!
Posted on October 10th, 2009 by Simon Barrett

Against her lawyer’s advice Misty Croslin decided to take a trip to NYC and appear on the CBS early show. What she felt she had to gain from national coverage is anyones guess, but the result is, Misty once again has no legal representation. Her appearance on the CBS Early Show came as no surprise, it is more a question of motive?

First Coast News reports:

Cummings will no longer be represented by Putnam County attorney Robert Fields. He says he feels he has “navigated her through the most difficult parts of this matter,” and he “wishes her well.”

Fields advised Croslin-Cummings not to go to New York for the nationally televised interview Friday morning.

From this simple statement you can gain much.

Misty Croslin has much to learn, but at 17 years old, who does not?

I was talking to an author yesterday who happens to be an attorney. We were talking about life in general, and the subject of Haleigh Cummings did not come up. He did however say something that hit a chord. Clients that ignore legal advice are destined for a bad result.

Misty Croslin may be too young to realize the severity of the situation she finds herself in. My sources, and they are very strong sources, are still saying that Misty is not the culprit, but she knows way more than she is saying.

The longer this case continues, the stranger it becomes.

A fine example of that statement is Misty’s new ‘well heeled’ friend Donna Brock. She has ties to Tim Miller’s TES organization, and Tim himself admitted that he has given money to Donna to pay for Misty’s vacation.

I thought Tim Miller and Texas EquuSearch were involved with missing people, not trying to beat the Make A Wish Foundation!

No doubt this subject will crop up on tomorrows radio show

In fact we learned quite a lot on last weeks program.

Of equal interest is what Ronald Cummings is doing. I suspect that after his last ‘Miss Nancy’ show he needs to find another outlet. It was pretty clear that even Miss Nancy, his biggest supporter, was getting just a little ticked off.

When talking Atom Bombs, and Atomic Energy in general there is a term ‘Critical Mass’. The search for missing Haleigh Cummings has reached that level.

For those that actually cover the story rather than slam those that do, I applaud you!

Simon Barrett

Let Others Know About This Post These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
Click Below To Rate This Post:
(2 votes, average: 1 out of 5)
Loading ...12 users commented in " Haleigh Cummings – Step Mom’s Lawyer Files For Divorce! " Follow-up comment rss or Leave a Trackback Sweet_Prayers said,in October 10th, 2009 at 3:36 pm Not too sure I agree w/a Lawyer dropping a client until that Lawyer helps find another Lawyer that would be willing/help the client. However I can understand.
Sweet_Prayers said,in October 10th, 2009 at 3:39 pm Just wanted to know if anybody knows if or where info. can be found that Misty called Ron to let hime know his daughter was missing? Or did she just wait for him to get home? Did she grab up the boy once she knew Haleigh was gone? Being a parent if I found my child gone I would run to my other child holding them close.
J said,in October 10th, 2009 at 3:45 pm Sweet_Prayers,

It’s been reported that Misty called Ron about HaLeigh and Ron did not answer his phone because he was just pulling into the driveway of the house. I’m sure that information is in some of the early articles if you look at those. Ron said when he got out of the car, Misty was standing in the doorway waiting for him.

As for Attorney Fields dropping Misty as a client, he did what he needed to do as an attorney and it is hard to blame him. When a client is not listening to an attorney’s advice, it makes it next to impossible to represent that client’s best interests and advocate for the person. Misty does need to find another attorney to protect her right’s, and she needs to listen to said attorney. An attorney is there to protect you and knows what is best for you, even when you do not. I hope she finds someone that will help guide her through the rest of this investigation. She needs someone that she can trust.

BOLDONE3 said,in October 10th, 2009 at 4:08 pm Why would an attorney want to waste their time with a client who doesn’t listen to their advise??
I saw this coming the minute I heard she had an attorney. At 17 you don’t listen to anyone, let alone an attorney.
Brilliant article.

nance said,in October 10th, 2009 at 4:12 pm Tim Miller isn’t broadcasting false rumors, as numerous reporters of mis-information have.

Bubble-headed journalists devour each other and their sources left and right.

nance said,in October 10th, 2009 at 4:19 pm Your comments about Tim Miller seem pretty cut-throat, Simon.

Surely you’re not so desperate to create drama that you will stoop so low and bash TES?

liberty said,in October 10th, 2009 at 4:25 pm For those that are actually on the ground doing something rather than slam those that do! Simon, it seems if anybody does anything outside of your group they get slammed. Why is that? Somedays I say “go simon go” others I shake my head at you.

journo-since-christ-was-a-corporal said,in October 10th, 2009 at 5:03 pm I’m disappointed in you Simon. It’s the CBS Early Show - not NBC. You did get it right on second reference, but the damage is done. You were inaccurate. You can do better.

Simon Barrett said,in October 10th, 2009 at 5:14 pm I mean nothing bad about Tim Miller, I am sure he is a fine upstanding person. I just find it hard to swallow that he would give peoples money that was donated to TES to ensure that Misty had a good vacation!

Tim Miller has little to do with this case, although he does seem to be inserting himself into it! That may be a bad move for TES.

treece said,in October 10th, 2009 at 5:20 pm IT is bad for TES in one way because there are enough people like me who will no longer give to TES because I have lost respect for him. Not only for using the donations to fund vacations but for placing himself in there like LE, hiring a fraud “mother” for Misty and then blabbing it to the world!!!! And what did he accomplish??? besides looking like an ass??? JMO Treece

wrapitup said,in October 10th, 2009 at 5:21 pm I have no clue WHY Tim Miller involved this Donna person - nor do I have any idea why TM gave Donna money for Misty. I DO know this:

Tim Miller has done more for missing person’s than anyone else I can think of. He is NOT pefect, noone is. But, he is a fine person and Simon, as much as highly as I think of you..I think the comment you made reference Tim was not appropriate.

As far as Misty..she is a train wreck. I agree that she is NOT the culprit. But, yes..she definitely knows more than she is telling. IMO, she was completely messed up on oxycontin and pot, probably alcohol as well..and was in a black out. She most likely remembers bit and pieces of what took place. Was she home? No, probably not. I think she left Jr. alone and took Haleigh with her to party. Haleigh may have chewed a pill, died and “they” (whoever they are) had to get rid of the body. If they dumped her in the St. John’s River, she would have been eaten by gators. I pray this is not the case..but it is what my gut has told me almost from day one.

wrapitup said,in October 10th, 2009 at 5:22 pm No edit button. I Meant to say: Simon, as highly as I think of you.

http://www.bloggernews.net/122585#comment-1420726

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Bringing this here:

by mommyof3kids Today at 18:47

Nancy Grace Reports Haleigh stepmom/babysitter Misty Croslin dumped by her own lawyer after breaking her silence in missing tot Haleigh Cummings case. Find out why Misty believes her brother betrayed her in jail. Watch tonight for the latest!
A Mother holds her childs hand for a while, but their hearts forever...

mommyof3kids

Re: Misty Dumped by her Lawyer.. LOL
by CritterFan1 Today at 18:48

Will tape it!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum