Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

+21
concerned4all
raine1953
jeanne1807
cherylz
misshesitation
lisette
laga
michelle_ellis
mayhem
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Nama
janie
TerryRose
Love4My5boys
Juanita
adelacruz
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
charminglane
Cory
25 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:05 pm

You wait, lets get Nick to trial, I will be sitting behind you, along with most of VH!!!! Leah just touches my heart because of my Walker being the same age, you know that. it bothers me that it is not fair.

CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm

remember when a benefactor gave 1 million to help find Natalee Holloway? wonder what happened to all of that money? Wish a wealthy benefactor would come up with $500 thousand or something. If I win the lottery I can promise you I will add to the reward!! Dollar Signs Dollar Signs Dollar Signs
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:20 pm

if I could help i would it sad it takes money for some people to tell what they know if it was me i would not ask for a dime of it just for leah to have justice would be good for me
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Cory, do you have an attorney yet??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Cory, do you have an attorney yet??

No. I don't know why I would need one. Do you think I do?
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:30 pm

I have thought so ever since they gave you the run around. Most parent's who have (unfortunately) a murdered or missing child have legal representation. Once the cops know you have legal counsel, they look at you differently.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Here is the way I see this.....

Leah and I are victims. I see no reason for me to get an attorney. I have done nothing wrong. I certainly didn't kill my daughter nor do I "know" who did. Sure I have my ideas as to who is responsible but I have no way of proving it.....that's LE's job. LE can look at me in any way they choose. I am who I am. I have tried to answer their questions to the best of my ability and assist them in any way I know how. It seems to me that the "guilty" are the ones who retain attorneys. Also, as far as I can see, LE should be on my side. After all....they are the ones doing the investigation.

Hope that doesn't sound mean - maybe I am just not understanding your point.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 pm

I think you should have an attorney who can guide you...especially now that Frazier is taking this case seriously after almost ten years. Frazier knows you're not guilty and that was not my intent of my post.

I think you have been through the ringer and an attorney may be able to offer you some sound legal advice and be a go-between so that you don't have to deal with a lot of the little legalities that can drive most of us crazy!!

It is simply an idea that we've all discussed on the board before and NO, it doesn't sound mean. ❤
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:33 pm

I suppose. I don't know. I just wish the guilty would step up and do the right thing and confess....Yeah right! Like that will ever happen! We are obviously dealing with a sicko coward here. One with absolutely NO morals or regards for human life.
Attorneys are so damn expensive and my family has put out enough money on this case. It's unbelievable.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 pm

I understand; however, if your case gets the national coverage that it DESERVES and is LONG overdue, you may attract a high profile attorney that will take your case pro bono.

I can guarandamntee you if that is the case, Frazier and his men will be busting ass to solve this case and give you the answers you so deserve, like the cause of death for one.

Have you ever considered writing Gloria Allred? Seriously. What do you have to lose???
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Wow!! Gloria Allred!! No I hadn't thought of her!!! Wouldn't that be something??!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:00 pm

You need a high profile attorney who will take the case pro bono to get the ball rolling. This case is right up Allred's alley.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 pm

OMG!!!! I am balling right now :jaw dropping: crying
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:OMG!!!! I am balling right now :jaw dropping: crying

Sorry Mommy....Couldn't resist. Me too.... crying
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:44 am

that was a sweet song and now im crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 pm

thewrightone wrote:that was a sweet song and now im crying

Aw....I'm sorry thewrightone!! It just reminds me so much of Leah is why I posted it.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Cory wrote:Wow!! Gloria Allred!! No I hadn't thought of her!!! Wouldn't that be something??!!!
The thought of her in on this case leaves me with chills...that would be unreal.
Beautiful song Cory!!! crying
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 pm

I vote for Susan Moss!
Advocate for children!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 pm

charminglane wrote:I vote for Susan Moss!
Advocate for children!

That makes two of us. :cheers:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Susan Moss..... Is she the one who is always on NG??
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Susan Moss is the one that talks in rhymes on Nancy Grace.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 am

She is a hoot, she is serious about being a child advocate!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:01 am

I bet if you contacted NG's show, you could get a letter to Susan Moss.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like she is in a big law firm specializing in matrimonial and family law.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:46 am

charminglane wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like she is in a big law firm specializing in matrimonial and family law.

Wow!!!! Thank you Charming!!!! Cool!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Wishing you all the best, Cory.
For some reason I feel I can trust Susan Moss.
Sending her an email can't hurt, right?
Could you imagine the fire lit under the DA if Nancy Grace got wind of this case from Susan Moss?
At least send her a link to here to read Leah's story.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Whatever happened to those media packets that Treaves put together and sent to AMW and some other shows? If she(Treaves or Mommyof3) still has a packet I think we should get one sent to Susan Moss. Could not hurt one bit! butterfly
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that people are starting to donate to Leah's Facebook Cause and we now have raised $135 which will go directly to Coquille Valley Crime Stoppers, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit Organization who is assisting with the new investigation. All donations are gladly accepted and appreciated! Here is a link to the Cause page for anyone who has not signed up, please do.. it does NOT cost anything to join, just fyi. Great job, Mommy, I will donate, even if we all donated $5.00 it would be an enormous help. Thanks for the info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
🐶
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:36 pm

aww critter, thanks for posting that FB link again.

Ok, so I actually still have that packet my mom put together... but I just have to wonder, and it is prob just my ignorance, but... why does Cory need an attorney? :scratch: I suppose it wouldn't hurt? Sorry, I am just a bit confused is all frying pan
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:19 pm

I have been confused about what is going on in this case lately and so have not posted. Please know that your quest for justice for Leah is in my heart. I have noticed that others are telling you to contact Sue Moss through NG. It seems to me that any publicity you get would help things along. Also, was there ever any evidence that could now show DNA? There was an old crime just solved recently through revisiting the DNA that still existed in the evidence. They said at the time that there are thousands of cases where that could happen but just don't get around to reopening them. Pardon my ignorance here, admittedly I have not kept up with the case as I should have.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 am

If the investigation stalls again (I don't think it will) she will need a lawyer to get the autopsy report. That is all she needs a lawyer for.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 pm

K!! That is what I thought you were all talking about!
GOD, lets hope she will NEVER need a lawyer! This is Leah's year! I know it from the bottom of my heart!!

We love you Leah Freeman! angel :iluvu:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Cory! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Leah you have as your avatar! I don't think I have seen that one before!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:08 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:Cory! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Leah you have as your avatar! I don't think I have seen that one before!!

Thanks Mommy!! I just started scanning pics back on to my puter from when we had to wipe it!!! I haven't even had time to breathe lately!!! Anyway, I'm not sure if that pic is on her video or not?? I found a bunch from the vigils way back in 2000 and 2001..... brought back some pretty sad memories. crying I sure don't look the same as I did back then!!!!! :scratch: Age? Weight? affraid
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:55 am

Just thinking of Leah and her dear Mother.
Hoping that all the VH positive vibes are flowing as they should toward a resolution.
Praying for LE~that they use their strong analytical minds, hunches, fresh eyes and compassion to the best of their abilities. Group Hug
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Thank you Charming. Very sweet of you.

I don't know what is up but I am extremely bummed out today. Tears. Lots of tears. Can't seem to stop them from streaming down my face. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. crying
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Okay, Missy....just WHAT is going on with you?? Do we all need to chip in and get you one of those SADD machines?? You DO live in Oregon and as gorgeous as it is, I know it rains a lot there. :lightning:

Maybe this will get you out of your funk. I found this post today on Craigslist and thought, okey dokey..who would qualify for this??

Looking for open minded roomate in my cabin in the Lost Pines area of Bastrop. Willing to put up with monthly bonfire drum circle gatherings with a liberal hippie group. Willing to reduce rent in exchange for fixup vehicle mechanical work on the property. call 627-7788.

stripper ☀ dancing have a nice day thinking peace faint chug :jaw dropping: ROFLMAO WTF :trampoline:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:16 pm

OK, so that didn't do it.

Now, I will just say have yourself a good cry. You deserve it. I would bet you are having to re-live a lot of things lately now that LE is back in full force on Leah's case. Couple Hugging
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:32 pm

ROFLMAO I think a lot of us are in a funk lately, Wrap, and some of us have no reason to be. I think it is typical of this time of year. Spring will come very soon and probably make us all feel better. Some, like Cory and Critter, have good reason to feel down, but I hope that springtime will help them to feel much better.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 pm

I agree, TR. Here in Texas, it is already Spring. It's in the 60's and 70's. But I will be bitching like I did last year when it's 105 w/100 per cent humidity in July. So, you all count your lucky stars!!

This may sound selfish or self-serving when I don't mean for it to be.. but really, it's good to know that I am not the only one that has been in a funk lately. I know many that are for various reasons, and some don't really know why they are.

As you said, Cory and Critter have very good reason to be. I just keep saying: There IS a huge light at the end of a very long and winding tunnel!! Group Hug
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Not selfish at all, misery loves company, lol! I think the cold weather shutting us in is one thing, but I think the biggie is the lack of sunshine that we have had. Something about sunshine perks us up.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 pm

I have been in tears for 2 days now.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:21 pm

charminglane wrote:I have been in tears for 2 days now.
Why Charming? Can you explain? Does it have to do with Leah or are you feeling down for some other reason? Can we help cheer you up any?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Cory it seems like a long time has passed since we got the news about the cold case team working Leahs case. Plus the lack of sunshine does not help. Justice will come this year for Leah. I hope everyone cheers up. Wrap I loved what you found on craigs list. To Funny.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:51 pm

by Wrapitup Yesterday at 9:14 pm

Okay, Missy....just WHAT is going on with you?? Do we all need to chip in and get you one of those SADD machines?? You DO live in Oregon and as gorgeous as it is, I know it rains a lot there.
The gym that my son belongs to has one of those lights that you can sit in front of daily to help beat depression. I checked into one of those lamps years ago after a year of hell (illness and deaths in the family plus the welcomed birth of my last child, which made the rest harder to handle) and they were very expensive. My son said it's just a fluorescent lamp.....IDK? OR can be a very depressing place to live in the winter as we don't see the sun for months and the state has a high suicide rate. This year has been different and we're all thriving in OR. ☀
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Cory wrote:Thank you Charming. Very sweet of you.

I don't know what is up but I am extremely bummed out today. Tears. Lots of tears. Can't seem to stop them from streaming down my face. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. crying
I am so sorry Cory, I have been crying for days and I have nothing as serious as you in my life. Keep the faith. There will be good news soo, I just know it!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:11 pm

I'm still having troubles pulling myself outta this funk I seem to be in. I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to depress everyone. Hopefully soon something will happen. I just keep praying for the day I am able to come on here and say an arrest has been made. I know LE is doing all they can for a resolution.....I guess that it's just that I'm not very damn patient. Who would be after 10 freakin' years though, right? I'm trying guys...that's all I can do for now. Again...sorry if I depressed everyone else. Group Hug
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Cory, "love means never having to say sorry" and "that's what friends are for". When that arrest is made you will hear shouts of joy from all over and VH will have a big celebration. Group Hug
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Aw....Laga! How sweet!!! Big Hug
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:33 pm

I hear ya all.. this year seems to bring so much Hope, Joy and great plans for heart health and New Years resolutions, yet there is still something missing?

I am tired of being tired, I want change! I want to read the paper in the morning and read about a child winning an award for an accomplishment INSTEAD of reading about them being snatched up by some sicko;

I am tired of worring about dropping my kids off at school and hoping they do not get made fun of or threatened...

I just want Peace on this earth that we all call home.

I am just sick and tired of all the violence crying
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next