Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007 from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man.

+11
raine1953
TerryRose
artgal16
Nama
cherylz
charminglane
lisette
Wrapitup
CritterFan1
janie
adelacruz
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007 from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man.

Post by adelacruz Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Madeleine McCann disappeared on the evening of Thursday, May 3, 2007 while on holiday with her parents and twin siblings in the Algarve region of Portugal. The British girl went missing from an apartment, in the central area of the resort of Praia da Luz, a few days before her fourth birthday, and has still not been found. Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, have said that they foolishly left the children unsupervised in a ground floor bedroom while they ate at a restaurant about 130 yards (120 meters) away.[1]

The initial investigation by the Polícia Judiciária (PJ) (the Portuguese criminal investigation police) was based on the assumption that she had been abducted.[2] After further investigation, the PJ stated that there was a strong hypothesis that she might have died in her room.[3][4] During the investigation there were a number of unconfirmed claimed sightings of Madeleine in Portugal and elsewhere and additional scientific evidence was obtained. The investigation involved the co-operation of the British and Portuguese police and demonstrated the differing methodologies employed by each, with regard to such aspects as the amount of information released to the public and the legal status of those involved in the case.[5][6]

Robert Murat, a local resident, was given arguido (suspect) status on 15 May 2007.[7][8] Kate and Gerry McCann were also named as arguidos on 7 September, but were allowed to fly back to the United Kingdom on 9 September.[9][10][11] All three were cleared, with their arguido status lifted, on 21 July 2008. The Portuguese Attorney General closed the case, without a result, also on 21 July.[12]

The disappearance and its aftermath were notable for the breadth and longevity of the media coverage. This was initially due to the active involvement of the parents in publicising the case and to several awareness-raising campaigns by international celebrities and, latterly, to the interest that arose from the parents being named as suspects. The event generated international media attention with controversy surrounding the Portuguese-led police investigation and the actions of Madeleine's parents. There has also been criticism of the extent and nature of the publicity and of the reporting of the disappearance in both the Portuguese and British media.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LONDON (AFP) – Police Tuesday released an Internet video of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared two years ago in Portugal at the age of three, with tanned skin and darker hair which she might have if held captive in a warmer climate.
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Re: Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007 from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man.

Post by janie Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Yes thank you very much for the update! Madeleine parents were on a British talk show and they said after Jaycee Dugard was found alive after eighteen years it gave them a lot of hope that their sweet little Madeleine is alive and will come back home someday too.
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Re: Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007 from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man.

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 pm

does anyone remember why they thought she died in her room at first??
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm not absolutely positive critter I know there were a lot of rumors going around at that time. The only one I remember is the police thought Madeleine's parents had given her some kind of drug to make her sleep while they went out to dinner with their friends.LE thought she was accidentally overdosed and died in her sleep.
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:51 am

There is something about these parents, in particular the mom, that raises my red flags. I do NOT think this little girl will ever be seen again, just like Haleigh Cummings. This is MOO!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 am

For some reason I think it was cough syrup, they thought the mom gave her cough syrup to make her sleep. I could not remember if there was a hit from a cadaver dog in the room.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty New Files Like 'Gold Dust' in Search for Madeleine McCann

Post by lisette Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am

A newly released file on the highly-publicized disappearance of British girl Madeleine McCann is "gold dust" and could lead to a breakthrough in the case, her parents' spokesman told Sky News.

McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the family is disturbed that information on possible sightings of Madeleine is only now emerging, after sitting in a box since 2008 when the case was closed by Portuguese police.

"The McCanns have been tearing their hair out for a long time, they're very frustrated this information has been sitting in a file since July 2008," Mitchell told Sky News.

The files reportedly contain hundreds of pages of information, including CCTV images of a young girl with an appearance similar to Madeleine being led into a New Zealand supermarket in 2007, according to Sky News.

Madeleine was three years old when she disappeared from her family's rented lodging in Portuguese resort town, Praia da Luz, on May 3, 2007. Her parents were eating dinner with friends nearby.

The new evidence became public after several newspapers applied to the state prosecutor in the Algarve, Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said.

One report allegedly mentions a British man named "George" who spotted a young, seemingly distressed blonde girl being dragged along a road to Faro airport in Portugal on the night Madeleine went missing, Sky News reported.

Another report allegedly details how a young girl who looked like Madeleine was seen being held at gunpoint on a French motorway by a half-naked man in August 2008, according to Sky News.

"This information is gold dust to them. Kate and Gerry need all of it and they want a full review of all the information it contains," Mitchell told Sky News.

"Our investigators are working at times with one hand tied behind their back.

"Any leads must come through Portugal but they must come to Kate and Gerry," Mitchell was quoted by Sky News.

I don't know how to get the image on here, but the picture of the girl in New Zealand really looks a lot like Madeleine!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 pm

That does look like her.
I usually don't agree with poor photos, however in this case I do see a strong resemblance.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Yea, but didn't cadaver dogs or bloodhounds hit in the apt and in the parent's car? I didn't keep up w/ this case, but I think so.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 pm

didn't the cadaver dogs hit in the parents rental car that they put so many miles on??
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:30 pm

I don't remember too many details about this...I think her parents were suspected at first, but were eventually cleared...What about this part!?!?
Another report allegedly details how a young girl who looked like Madeleine was seen being held at gunpoint on a French motorway by a half-naked man in August 2008, according to Sky News.
Was this investigated!? Did nobody do anything about this when it was seen!? This is crazy!..I think that when Portugal couldn't find the parents guilty of this, that they just quit working on it. :idk:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty 'I know who took Madeleine': Paedophile suspect claims abduction clue in deathbed letter

Post by Nama Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:25 am

'I know who took Madeleine': Paedophile suspect claims abduction clue in deathbed letter
Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. IMG_5841Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Article-1307883-050FF03F000005DC-789_224x371
A paedophile suspected of being involved in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann reportedly 'confessed' to knowing what happened to the little girl on his deathbed.
Raymond Hewlett apparently wrote to his estranged son denying he played a part in the three-year-old’s abduction, but claimed he knew she had been ‘stolen to order’ by a gypsy gang.
Cancer sufferer Hewlett, who has a record of raping and abducting children, had previously claimed to have seen the missing toddler twice before she vanished in 2007.

But he vowed only to reveal where he was the night she went missing if he was paid thousands of pounds.
Kate and Gerry McCann’s private detectives refused the request.
Today his son Wayne claimed to the Sun that the letter was delivered to him by a mystery man a week after he died in April.
Wayne, who has had no contact with his father for 20 years, claimed his father insisted he had nothing to do with Madeleine’s disappearance – but that he knew who did.

He said: ‘He said a very good gipsy friend he knew in Portugal had got drunk and “let it out” that he had stolen Maddie to order as part of a gang.
‘My dad said this gang had been operating for a long time and had snatched children before for couples who couldn’t have children of their own.
‘Maddie had been targeted. They took photos of children and send them to the people they were acting for. And they said Yes or No.’
Private detectives working for the McCanns are said to be ‘extremely interested’ in the claims and are preparing to interview Wayne.
Wayne, 40, says he burned the letter because it ‘unnerved’ him so much.
The Sun reported they learned of the existence of the note through another source and confirmed they had not been approached by Wayne originally.
Madeleine went missing from The Ocean Club Hotel in Praia da Luz in the Portuguese Algarve while her parents dined at a restaurant on the resort.
Hewlett was living with his family on a campsite an hour’s drive away at the time.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 am

WHY WOULD YOU BURN THE LETTER AND NOT TURN IT OVER TO AUTHORITIES!!! I am sorry for shouting, but this just blows my mind! over reaction Maybe there were other clues in there that could have helped the investigation! I think this guy should be charged with Obstruction of justice if they have that over there!!! I wonder if Hewlett might have actually kidnapped, molested, and killed Madeleine himself, but made up this story to make himself look better to his son before he died. I am just FLOORED that he didn't care enough to turn this letter over to LE head bang I think he might have just made up this story for publicity and perhaps money for interviews, etc. How cruel to give Maddie's parents false hope if this is what he has done! angry
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 am

This case baffles me. I believe that cadaver dogs hit in the room and in the parent's car trunk.
The mother doesn't sit right w/ me either. How can 2 MD's OD their own child on cough syrup?
And, yes why would the son of that man burn the letter? Sadly, I do not think she will ever be found. It would be hard to conceal her eye deformity if she were in fact sold.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:06 pm

I may be wrong, but I think that those cadaver dog hits turned out to be just rumors...If I recall, the parents were publicly cleared of all wrongdoing by the Portuguese LE...It was extremely poor judgment for the parents to leave the children in the room asleep while they ate in another part of the hotel, BUT I think they were thoroughly investigated and cleared...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Group of powerful men convicted of sex abuse in Portugal - link to Madeleine McCann?

Post by artgal16 Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:03 am

By James Murray A GROUP of rich and powerful men in Portugal have been jailed for their involvement in a paedophile ring which some believe is linked to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

A former ambassador, a television presenter, a doctor and a lawyer were found guilty on Friday after an eight-year investigation and a six-year trial which shook the country, with 32 men giving evidence of hundreds of crimes committed against them when they were children.

Members of the ring snatched children as they slept at the state-run Casa Pia orphanages in Lisbon and took them to grand houses to endure sickening abuse.

One of the abused boys, Pedro Namora, is now a lawyer and was a key witness in the case.

He wants Portuguese detectives to continue their probe as he believes the ring may be connected to the disappearance of Madeleine at the Praia da Luz resort on the Algarve in May 2007.

Speaking to the Sunday Express, Mr Namora said: “During the summer children were taken to the summer homes of paedophiles on the Algarve. It was highly organised and involved a lot of planning and control.

“It is possible that those connected with the ring who have not been caught may be involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. I do think detectives should look at this possibility. No stone should be left unturned.”

Although most of the abuse involved hundreds of boys, he said some girls also fell victim to the gang.

One man arrested in the case and later released without charge was said to have had a great interest in the ancient underground tunnels running under Praia da Luz.

There were emotional scenes at the Lisbon court house as two judges read out the punishment to the men, once regarded as being among the country’s great and good.

Socialite Carlos Cruz, once Portugal’s most popular television presenter, was sentenced to seven years in prison.

The 68-year-old father of two was found guilty of having sex with a 14-year-old and abusing another boy. Cruz said: “There is no proof of my guilt. This brings back memories of Portugal under dictatorship.”

A former Portuguese ambassador to Unesco, Jorge Ritto, 74, was jailed for six years and doctor Ferreira Diniz got seven years.

Former Casa Pia ombudsman Manuel Abrantes should have been safeguarding the boys but he was also an abuser. He was sentenced to five years.

Casa Pia caretaker Carlos Silvino, 53, known as Bibi, used to pluck sleeping boys from their beds and take them away to abuse them or pass to others.

He confessed to 600 crimes and was given the longest sentence of 18 years.

Mr Namora, who was in court along with four other victims, said: “These men have to be condemned. They committed barbaric crimes against humanity.”

Catalina Pestana, who has run Casa Pia since the crimes were reported in 2002, said: “The stories that I heard were the most terrible of my life.

“Now when a child accuses an adult, nobody will look with the same lack of attention that they did for many years.”

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, said they had been closely following the Casa Pia case but did not have a lead linking Madeleine’s disappearance to the paedophile ring.

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Pedro Namora

Post by Nama Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:18 am

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. R747475583
Pedro Namora
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Relief follows Portugal abuse trial

Post by Nama Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Carloscruz
Former TV presenter Carlos Cruz said he was found guilty because of 'prejudice'.
"Condemned" is the most commonly used word on the front pages of Portugal's newspapers today, after the country's longest ever criminal trial ended with a damning verdict.

Abuse victim. Bernardo Teixeira: It gives us some comfort, after so many years of them calling us liars”
Six men were given jail sentences of between six and 18 years for sexually abusing children.

But the media coverage of Friday's verdict also made much of the fact that all six men remain at liberty, after their lawyers immediately submitted appeals against the decision.

In the trial, which began in late 2004, seven people faced charges relating to an alleged sex ring exploiting children from the Casa Pia, a state-run network of homes and schools.

The accused include the former television presenter Carlos Cruz, the former ambassador Jorge Ritto, and a former director of the Casa Pia.

'Ring-leader'
Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Advogado-de-carlos-silvino-ramiro-miguel-miguel-a-lopes-lusa-230
But it was Carlos Silvino, a former driver at the institution, who faced by far the most charges - relating to the abuse of children or procuring them for others to abuse. Prosecutors contend he was the hub of the alleged ring.

Former school driver Carlos Silvino is alleged to have co-ordinated the child abuse ring
The other male defendants each faced between six and 48 abuse charges; one was also accused of pimping.

One woman, Gertrude Nunes, faced 35 charges for having allowed her house in Elvas, near the Spanish border, to be used for abuse. The court found that she was aware of what was going on, but cleared her of all charges of profiting from the activity.

The initial stages of the trial, and of the lengthy investigation that preceded it, had gripped Portugal. But the subsequent slow progress due to the sheer number of witnesses to be heard, more than 800, helped to foster cynicism about the judicial system.

So too did the dropping of abuse charges against a Socialist deputy and former government minister.

Miguel Matias, lawyer for the Casa Pia and for 31 of the 32 victims whose testimony had triggered the investigation, expressed his and their satisfaction that the court had found that "it was the accused who lied".

Six of the victims were in court for the verdict, before which they had to hear the judges read out graphic descriptions of the incidents of abuse that prompted the charges.

"It gives us some comfort, after so many years of them calling us liars," said Bernardo Teixeira, the only one of the victims who has made himself available for face-to-face interviews from the start.

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Bernardtax
Bernardo Teixeira is one of the few victims willing to speak in public: "But it's difficult to look at the accused and their lawyers when they're looking at us."

The panel of three judges, presided over by Ana Peres, stressed in its ruling that the accused acted in the awareness that they were endangering the physical and psychological development of the victims, whose age meant they could not make decisions "freely and consciously".

The judges also rejected the argument, put forward by the defence team of Carlos Cruz in particular, that the young men had been manipulated by prosecutors and had coordinated their stories to incriminate the accused.

The court also ruled that the six must pay compensation to each of their victims of between 15,000 euros and 25,000 euros per person.

Despite the large numbers of journalists, Portuguese and foreign, inside and outside the courthouse on Friday, there was a notable absence of the crowds there had been at previous key moments of the trial.

'Contradictions'
Later, at a well-attended news conference across town, Carlos Cruz said he had been found guilty without evidence, because of "prejudice".

He has created a website on the case that features videos he says were central to the prosecution's case against him.

The films show two of the victims being interviewed by Judge Peres. On his website, Mr Cruz highlights what he describes as contradictions in their testimony. He has also compared the trial to the summary courts under the authoritarian dictatorship that ended in 1974.

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Bernard
Dr Joao Ferreira Diniz is seeking to have his conviction struck down.

His claim was described as "an exaggeration" by the head of Portugal's Order of Lawyers, Antonio Marinho Pinto, given that defendants have every right and opportunity to appeal against court decisions.

The lawyers' leader is, though, among those who warn that the sluggish pace of court proceedings in Portugal could lead to the statute of limitations being applied in this case if there is a series of appeals.

"The trial alone took six years [but] normally the appeal phase takes much more," he said.

Another of the accused, medical doctor Joao Ferreira Diniz, said he would seek to have the court decision struck down on the grounds that the judges did not provide sufficient grounds for it.

At the start of the hearing, Judge Peres told those present that the judges did not intend to read out the full ruling, which comprises six volumes totalling thousands of pages.

She said lawyers for the prosecution, the defence and the victims would receive the document in digital format by Wednesday.

Last edited by BJ in OR on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:37 am

Those condemned include a television presenter, a lawyer, a former ambassador and a doctor.
The abuse happened at the Casa Pia children's home in Lisbon.

Carlos Silvino, a driver and gardener at the home who helped procure boys to be abused at orgies, was sentenced to 18 years.
The 53-year-old, the only defendant to have pleaded guilty, had admitted more than 600 counts of abuse and gave evidence against the others.

Carlos Cruz, a veteran TV presenter, was sentenced to seven years, while Jorge Ritto, a former Unesco ambassador, was given six years and eight months.

Six victims - now aged between 16 and 22 - punched the air and cheered when the verdicts were returned.
One of them, Bernardo Teixeira, said: "The court recognised that we were telling the truth. It's a happy ending for us. The paedophiles are going to jail."

The scandal emerged in 2002 when a victim accused Silvino of raping him. A year-long police investigation led to what is believed to be the longest-running court case in Portuguese history.

Some observers have said the process has highlighted the slowness and inefficiency of Portuguese courts. The judges heard 920 witnesses in 460 court sessions.

Casa Pia was founded in 1780 to help care for the hundreds of children orphaned by a massive earthquake five years earlier.

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. 15712939
It now cares for around 4,500 orphans and children whose parents cannot care for them.

Catalina Pestana, who was put in charge of Casa Pia after the crimes were first reported, said: "The stories that I heard were the most terrible of my life.
"I think Portugal, the country, all of us, won a lot from this process. Now, when a child accuses an adult, nobody will look with the same lack of attention that they did for many years."

In March 2006, a court ordered the Portuguese government to pay two million euros (£1.6m) in compensation to 44 former Casa Pia residents, saying it had failed in its duty to protect the children.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:32 am

Sounds like a nightmare but sadly it is a reality. I think with these perverts had all the kids they needed from Casa Pia. They did not need to take Madeline.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am

So very sickening! There is no safe country in the world for children it seems. Oh, how terribly, terribly sad what these children endured!

RE: M. Mc Cann, I saw 2 psychics trace the route of the abduction on a tv program. Both narrated the crime as they saw it occur, Madeline was killed by a lone stalker who panicked and killed her when they started searching for her for fear he would get caught with her. Whether or not one believes in psychic powers, I tend to believe them on this one myself.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:04 pm

As the investigation went on so many years, the children at the orphanage might not have been in danger as the police were on to what was happening and if there were more people involved, but not known, its possible that they started to think of child abductions as a source for more children. That I think is the theory. If there was a group of child predators, probably many of the "clients" are still unknown,
and with the orphanage out as a source for children, possibly child abduction was the next step. I still believe that it was lone abductor but still its something to possibly investigate.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:34 pm

I am speechless!!! omg
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed May 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Paedophiles questioned over missing toddler Maddie McCann

BRITISH police have questioned two convicted paedophiles over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann after learning they were touring Spain on fake passports the month she went missing from nearby Portugal.

Charles O’Neill, 48, and William Lauchlan, 34, were jailed last year for child sex offences as well as the murder of mother-of-three Allison McGarrigle, who had threatened to expose them.

O’Neill fits the description of a thin, spotty, man seen lurking near the Ocean Club resort where Madeleine was staying, shortly before she disappeared.

A senior officer working on the investigation told The Mail on Sunday that Lauchlan and O’Neill had been interviewed in prison, but the investigation was “being kept extremely tight at the very highest level.”

It is the first time it has become public knowledge that the British police have interviewed anyone in connection with the McCann case.
Madeleine vanished from her room at the resort in Praia da Luz on May, 3, 2007, while her parents dined in a tapas restaurant nearby.

O’Neill and Lauchlan, gay lovers who masquerade as cousins, were first jailed in 1998 over a horrendous string of child sex crimes in Scotland. They reoffended after being released in 2002 and were later convicted for further sex crimes as well of the murder of McGarrigle in 1997.

The news comes after Madeleine’s mother Kate prepares to release a book on the abduction to raise further awareness of the case and help fund their search.

In extracts of the book published in British newspapers this week Mrs McCann said her greatest fear was that her daughter had been killed by a paedophile.

A spokesman for the McCann family said it was “encouraging” that information was still being sought by police.
Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. 170026-madeleine-mccann
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:09 am

I dont remember all of the details and am hoping someone can help me. Do you remember the little girl I think her name is madeline or something close to that, She was abducted from a motel room while her parents were having dinner with friends? I think they were from England or some where that direction. The last name may start with a C...I think I heard her mentioned on the news this morning but I was still sleeping so not sure if I dreamed it.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 am

Sly, it's Madeline McCann.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 am

thank you Raine I just read they think they may have found her and are checking DNA. Im having trouble copying and pasting the link??? Ill keep working on it.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:49 am

Sly, I just checked and there's been a possible sighting of her in India, DNA is being checked but the family is downplaying it. We have a thread on her to post. If you have more problems let me know. Thanks Sly!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Wow!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

I know huh?! Wouldn't that be something!! praying
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

'It's not our Maddie': McCanns' hopes dashed after sighting in India

Gerry and Kate McCann do not believe a young girl spotted in India is their missing daughter, their spokesman said.
The Chandigarh Tribune said that a British woman had seen a youngster bearing a remarkable likeness to Madeleine who disappeared four years ago.

But after studying a photo of the child, the McCanns announced this afternoon that the girl was not their daughter.

Spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple were 'certain' the girl was not Madeleine, who would now be eight-years-old.He said: 'Kate and Gerry do not believe the child seen in India was Madeleine. They have seen photographic evidence and concluded that it was not her.

'We remain grateful for people's vigilance around the world. Madeleine is still out there and the search for her very much continues.'
The sighting was made in the northern city of Leh which lies in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It’s the northernmost state of India and is situated mostly in the Himalayas.
The report in the Tribune said a British woman raised concerns with other tourists that they had found the missing girl.
At one point an American man is said to have tried to take the girl from the couple.
However the French woman and her Belgian husband, who had their passports copied by Leh Police, insist that they are the parents of the girl.
A spokesman for Leh police told the Chandigarh Tribune in India: 'It all depends upon the evidence like DNA for which help from Madeleine's parents and the British police was required.'

Madeleine was days short of her fourth birthday when she went missing on a family holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007.
Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann marked the fourth anniversary of their daughter's disappearance privately with family and friends.
They recently launched a book about how she disappeared with proceeds from the book, entitled Madeleine, going towards the funding of their search for their daughter.

Despite a massive police investigation and huge publicity worldwide, she has not been found.

The official Portuguese inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance was formally shelved in July 2008, although private detectives employed by the McCanns have continued the search.In her most recent interview, Mrs McCann said she believes the kidnapper who took Madeleine may also have drugged her other two children.

She said she had to check that twins Sean and Amelie were still breathing because they did not wake as the frantic search for the missing three-year-old began.

She also believes the man who snatched her daughter may have gone to the holiday flat the night before but fled after being disturbed.

In May this year, David Cameron asked Scotland Yard to carry out a review of the investigation to bring a 'new perspective' to the case.

But the move prompted questions about why the review could not have been carried out earlier, when evidence was fresher.

And critics will question whether there is any realistic prospect of a breakthrough in the case, which has seen no major developments since Madeleine’s disappearance on May 3, 2007.

Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Wow if this is not Maddie can you imagine a couple with a child and some stranger coming up and trying to take her because she "looks" like the missing child.

That had to be horifying for that couple.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:36 pm

crying poor Maddie. I saw the posts on the whats on your mind thread and I got my hopes up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

lindamarie wrote: crying poor Maddie. I saw the posts on the whats on your mind thread and I got my hopes up.
I was hoping for a miracle too LM! crying
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Criminal Profiling Topic of the Day: Why Madeleine McCann is Likely Dead ~ Hosted by The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm

The Daily Profiler

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2011

No one likes to think of an abducted child as being dead, least of all the parents. Even detectives on a case hold out hope that a kidnapped juvenile will be found alive and returned home to his or her family. Police officers deal enough every day with sad endings and they cross their fingers and hope that this time, they will save a child's life, not find her skeleton in the weeds along the side of a road. They would like to triumphantly reunite the child with her parents, not knock on the door and deliver the dreaded message to the poor mother and father.

But, then there is reality. Most stranger abductions don't end well unless you stop them in progress. Unfortunately, the statistics out there on child abduction are vague and distorted. In spite of stranger child abduction being a major fear of parents the world over, it is hard to the actual facts on the issue. Here are the only bits I could find on the statistics:

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

40% of children in stereotypical kidnappings are killed.
4% of children are never found.
79% kidnappings are carried out by strangers and 21% by acquaintances.

In 46 percent of non-family abductions, the child was sexually assaulted. Of abducted children who are ultimately murdered, 74 percent are dead within three hours of the abduction

Okay, so what do we actually have here? Of the 115 stereotypical kidnapped children, a good portion of these are pre-teens or teens that sex predators took and killed or enslaved as their little wives. A bunch are babies that some women wanted to pretend were their own. Some of these children were found quickly, within hours, and were saved from a worse fate. Some were kidnapped by a close acquaintance who was angry with the family for some reason.

Very few are toddlers or little girls from ages three to five. There seem to be no exact statistics on the age of the children abducted, by whom, and what happened to them. So, in lieu of finding these, I put out a challenge to the folks that believe statistics support Madeleine McCann being alive. I asked people to give me the names of little girls who had been abducted by total strangers who were found alive after months or years. So far I have had only one name given to me; Tara Burke, a toddler who was found alive ten months after she was abducted by a sexual predator duo. This crime was 29 years ago in 1982.

I can, however, name little girl after little girl who was abducted by a stranger and was found dead in the following days, weeks, months, or years. But, so far, I have only been given the name of one child victim over a period of three decades who was found alive. I am sure there are a few more but the point I am making is there are incredibly few of these cases with a "happy ending" in comparison to little abducted girls who have been murdered by their kidnappers. Yes, a few preteen and teen girls have been found alive after being abducted: Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, Natascha Kampusch - these girls were kept as sex slaves and were at an age the rapist viewed them as "young women" who should enjoy being taught sex techniques and could learn how to please the captor. Little three-year-old girls like Madeleine McCann are not going to do well in the "girlfriend" department and will lie there and cry and scream. Little girls are raped and murdered almost 100% of the time. Sad but true.

Therefore, if Madeleine McCann was indeed kidnapped by a stranger, there is very little possibility she was alive even three hours later. Does that mean a truly good tip should be ignored that points in the direction that she is alive and held captive somewhere? Of course not. She could be the one in whatever high number that wasn't murdered. But, detectives have to be realistic when it comes to using resources. They can't waste millions of dollars and massive hours of manpower running down ridiculous sightings and unlikely scenarios.

Likewise, Gerry and Kate McCann should tell donators that, although they hope Madeleine will be the miracle child recovered alive this decade, they recognize the chances of that happening are very, very slim. Then, if people want to contribute to finding a perpetrator who might have taken Maddie and killed her (to get justice and save other little girls), they can do that. If they want to give money in spite of the horribly poor odds of finding Madeleine alive, this is their choice. But the McCanns should tell the truth and donators should know it.

The McCanns, if they didn't have anything to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and want to find her and who took her, ought to be using donations to look for a dead child in Praia da Luz buried in someone's backyard.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

My ebook, Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, removed from Amazon following threat of legal action by Carter-Ruck on behalf of Gerry and Kate McCann, can still be found online at Barnes and Noble and Smashwords. Keep posted for news of my upcoming legal action with attorney Anne Bremner against the McCanns for tortuous interference with business and libel.

Bravo
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 am

UK police: Missing girl Madeleine McCann may still be alive
Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. BritainMissingGirl
LONDON – British police on Wednesday asked Portugal to reopen the case of missing girl Madeleine McCann, saying that as the fifth anniversary of her disappearance approaches there is a possibility she is still alive.
Police also released a new image of what McCann would likely look like today, expressing hope that she would be found even years after the then-3-year-old vanished on May 3 while on a trip to Portugal with her family.
The case sparked global interest because of heartbreaking images of the girl beamed around the world and, in part, because her parents were briefly considered suspects before they were cleared.
In a rare press conference on the case, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said he is leading a team of 37 police officers reviewing some 40,000 pieces of evidence gathered so far. The team has identified some 195 possible leads to be followed up on, he said.
Redwood said forensic evidence of the sequence of events around her disappearance shows there are moments when she could have been snatched by criminals. He said he had an "open mind" on who could have abducted her, but asked for the help of Portuguese authorities, who closed the case in 2008.
"We would like the case to be reopened; our case is clear," Redwood told reporters Wednesday. "I should stress quite clearly that the decision is in Portugal."
He acknowledged that police have to consider that McCann may be dead despite hopes that she is alive.
"Our drive on both scenarios is of equal measure," he said, choosing his words carefully.
There has been no reliable indication of what might have happened to the girl despite numerous reported sightings from around the world.
Redwood said he has made seven visits to Portugal and is working closely with Portuguese police officers. He has had regular contact with the missing girl's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, who have pressed to keep the case in the public eye, publishing a book and appearing on the "Oprah Winfrey Show."
Police said the investigation has cost about $3.2 million so far.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:47 am

As they never found a body, I have always believed Madeleine was alive, but I dont know if she can ever be found.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:01 am

That enhanced photo image is the best I have ever seen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Portuguese police won't reopen McCann case

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. 1335117755326_ORIGINAL
A combination of images created on April 25, 2012 shows an undated handout picture of missing British girl Madeleine McCann taken when she was three years-old and a computer generated handout image released by the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) on April 25, 2012 showing an age progression picture of how police believe Madeleine would look like today, aged 9. (AFP PHOTO/METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICE/TERI BLYTHE)

Portuguese authorities say they will not reopen the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a British girl who went missing while her parents were on vacation in 2007.

"There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry," Pedro do Carmo, the deputy head of the criminal police department, said Thursday, the news agency AFP reported.

The announcement comes a day after British police said they believe Madeleine might still be alive.

On Wednesday, Scotland Yard released an updated photo of what they believe the little girl would look like today.

Madeleine was four when she went missing during a family vacation in Portugal on May 3, 2007. She has never been located.

Police in London said they've uncovered evidence during a year-long review that leads them to believe the young girl is still alive.

They had hoped the new evidence would encourage Portuguese authorities to reopen the case, which has been closed since 2008.

Police are also hoping to speak with anyone who was at the resort of Praia da Luz between April 28 and May 3, 2007.

Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were initially suspects in her disappearance, but were cleared of any involvement.

Since then, there have been sightings of the young girl, including last July when a British tourist thought she spotted Madeleine in India, and earlier this month when someone reported spotting her in Nerja, on the southern coast of Spain.

omg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Portuguese authorities say they will not reopen the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a British girl who went missing while her parents were on vacation in 2007.
OMG is right!! I remember when the parents were under heavy scrutiny. I doubt she w/ever be found and am not sure what I really think happened to her. SAD!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:41 pm

I could NOT agree more, SixxChick!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed May 02, 2012 11:04 am

Parents of missing Madeleine McCann believe she will be found alive
Published May 02, 2012

The parents of a British girl who disappeared in Portugal five years ago still believe their daughter will be found alive, they said Wednesday.
Madeleine McCann's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, say Scotland Yard's ongoing review of the case has given them hope, Sky News reports.
The McCanns say they have "no doubt" that Portuguese authorities will eventually reverse their decision, and reopen the case after initially citing no new evidence.
Madeleine disappeared while on vacation with her family in Portugal in May 2007. She was 3 years old.
"I think the most important thing is that a lot of the investigation opportunities are in Portugal. I think it’s fairly clear that the case will have to be reopened for those to be pursued adequately," Gerry McCann said, according to Sky News.
"We weren't expecting a knee-jerk reaction by any means. This is an ongoing dialogue, and I am sure the investigation will get opened again in due course. I have no doubt about that. It will get reopened," he said.
"If people want to find Madeleine, and want to find the person who took her, then we need the case to be reopened," Kate McCann said, according to Sky News.
British police claimed last week to have 195 new leads in the case and released a new image of what they believe Madeleine may look like today.
Scotland Yard has assumed a team of 37 police officers who have been reviewing 40,000 pieces of evidence gathered since last May.
Portuguese authorities closed the case in 2008.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 am

Madeleine McCann's Grave Found, Claims South African Land Baron Stephen Birch

Posted: 07/06/2012 10:32 am

A South African real estate developer claims to have found the gravesite of Madeleine McCann.

Self-styled investigator Stephen Birch says he used a ground penetrating radar device -- a tool that that uses radar pulses to x-ray the subsurface -- to locate the body of the missing British girl.

McCann was 3 years old in May 2007, when she went on a trip to Portugal with her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann. The couple was dining with friends at a nearby restaurant when the little girl vanished from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz. There have been no solid leads in the case since that time.

Birch is obsessed with McCann's disappearance and spent more than $30,000 of his own money on the equipment used to find McCann's suspected gravesite, according to Sky News.

"All I want to do is solve the mystery and bring closure to Madeleine's family," Birch said on Friday.

Birch said the location he scanned is not far from the apartment where Madeline disappeared.

"I've had the scans analyzed and they show digging, a void and what could be human bones," he said.

Birch told Sky News that he provided Scotland Yard detectives and Portuguese police with hard copies of the radar scans and the agencies are examining them.

Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, have yet to comment on Birch's claims.

Criminal profiler Pat Brown, author of Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, said she expects little from Birch's independent investigation.

"In my opinion, nothing will come of this," Brown said.

According to Brown, Portuguese police have already searched the property in question and found no evidence of a grave.

"Birch ... claims to have ground radar scans showing a burial site on ex-suspect Robert Murat's property, which is just a long block away from the McCann's vacation home in Praia da Luz. He says the police have asked him for more information, which I believe to be merely a polite formality as Scotland Yard has steadfastly stated they believe, against all odds and evidence to date, that Madeleine McCann is likely alive [and] living with a family who wanted a child," Brown said.

Brown is also critical of the overall investigation into the little girl's disappearance -- an investigation that has reportedly cost authorities more than four million dollars.

"Scotland Yard detectives have spent a year pouring over thousands of meaningless tips while never bothering to re-interview the McCanns or their friends," Brown said. "The case would be best served by the McCanns requesting the case be reopened and returning with their friends to Portugal to allow the Portuguese detectives to finish the investigation properly [and] to do [a previously] requested reenactment, to eliminate themselves as having any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Here's a very good, blunt article by Pat Brown - I can't believe they made Kate McCann an Ambassador for anyone missing!

Criminal Profiling Topic of the Day: Kate McCann appointed Ambassador for Missing People Organization - Unfuckingbelievable!

Seriously?
I know, I know. I should be more professional than to use such bad language, but having Kate McCann be the poster woman for people who have lost children, just blows my mind. Yes, Kate surely is pretty good at making children go missing, but it is this fact alone that should disqualify her for any ambassador position connected to missing anybodies. In fact, it should make her poison to any organization seeking money and support for finding missing persons. Not only has Kate managed to lose her child due to her own poor skills at mothering, but she has squandered millions of donor dollars on crooked and incompetent private investigators who haven't unearthed a damned clue, much less the body of her own very likely very dead daughter.

What in god's name was this Missing People organization thinking? Even if they find Kate McCann a sympathetic figure, even if they believe her daughter was really abducted, even if they believe she has truly spent five years searching for her missing child, the people who run this organization have to know that a good many people think Kate McCann is guilty of child neglect, guilty of manslaughter, guilty of covering up a crime, guilty of obstructing a police investigation, and guilty of defrauding the public of money. Who chooses such a person to represent their organization? Wasn't there one person in the leadership who said, "You know, bringing Kate McCann on board might not be such a bright idea."

Of course, Kate McCann, had she any sense of decency and concern for the purpose of such an organization should have said, "I do appreciate your kind offer and your generous support of my innocence and forgiveness of my parenting "mistake" but I wouldn't want to do harm to your organization, do more damage than good, considering how many people think I am guilty of a number of crimes. They will undoubtedly attack your organization if my name were to be linked with it."

Oh, I get why Kate didn't turn down the offer; it fits with her personality. I am not a bit surprised. If she had turned it down, I might have actually stopped to rethink my analysis of her. Guess I don't have to do that. I also can't help but wonder if, perhaps, she wasn't offered the position...that maybe she offered herself as a representative, that she paid her way in. Maybe a large donation is what buys you an ambassadorship. I, for one, would like to see the financial records.

So, go figure. Another bizarre occurrence in the McCann saga which involves people who shouldn't be involved with them. I never was much for conspiracy theories, but with all the high level people sticking up for the McCanns and ignoring their very concerning behaviors and misdeeds, I just have to wonder why the McCanns seem to walk on British waters, don't you?

July 10, 2012
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am

I just Love Pat Brown. She is usually right on the money in most of the cases and I completely agree with her on the above post.

Thanks for posting it, Sam!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Missing link overlooked in the Madeleine McCann case

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:00 pm

PUBLISHED: AUGUST 9, 2012 AT 11:50 AM • LAST EDITED: AUGUST 9, 2012 AT 2:13 PM
LEAD2, NATIONAL NEWS

• MADDIE WENT MISSING IN 2007
A PILE of discarded cigarette butts could have been the link to finding missing Madeleine McCann.
A witness claims the discarded butts were found on a shared balcony that had a bird’s eye view of the apartment in Portugal, from where toddler was snatched a few days before her fourth birthday in 2007.
However the tourist, who contacted the police, insists detectives never took vital DNA evidence from them.
She had stayed in the apartment a week after Maddie’s disappearance from Praia da Luz, while on a family holiday.
“You could see the front and back of the building from that view point,” she told detectives.
“It was as if there had been someone stood there for some time smoking.
“I thought that was odd and it could have been someone watching the McCann’s apartment to monitor their comings and goings.”

Who is behind all these idiotic stories in The Olive Press? #McCann

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann missing since 5/2007  from the Algarve region of Portugal/Breaking:10/13/13~Police release e-fits of mystery man. Empty Madeleine McCann May Be Buried Under Driveway; Authorities Seem Unwilling To Investigate

Post by Wrapitup Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Posted: 09/20/2012 10:54 am EDT Updated: 09/20/2012 1:57 pm EDT

The mystery of Madeleine McCann's disappearance may lie under a driveway just outside a holiday villa in Praia da Luz, the oceanside Portuguese resort town where the 3-year-old child was last seen in May 2007.

Stephen Birch, a South African real estate developer and self-styled investigator, says he has found what could be a burial site below the surface using a ground-penetrating radar.

Birch, who has invested $50,000 of his own money investigating the case, has asked Portugese authorities to excavate the area, and three experts contacted by HuffPost Crime agreed that this would be the appropriate action.

Nevertheless, Portuguese authorities refuse to act on the information.

The controversy began in June, when Birch first examined the driveway. The property is owned by the mother of a former suspect, Robert Murat.

Facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign

"The scans indicate that the ground beneath the gravel driveway was disturbed and something lies buried underneath the driveway," Birch told The Huffington Post.

The location of the property is not far from the apartment where Madeline disappeared.

Madeline was 3 years old when she went on a trip from Britain to Portugal with her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann. The couple was dining with friends at a nearby restaurant when the little girl vanished from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz. There have been no solid leads in the case since that time.

Scotland Yard detectives and Portuguese police were provided with hard copies of Birch's radar scans. The agencies examined them and thus far have declined to probe or excavate the location.

The office of the Prime Minister of Portugal sent Birch a letter on Sept. 10, which included a response from Almeida Rodrigues, head of Portugal's judicial police. According to the letter, authorities examined the same location with a ground-penetrating radar device in 2007 and did not find any areas of interest.

"Therefore, we are of the opinion that this does not justify the realization of the desired diligence by the advocate," they wrote.

A similar statement was made by Murat in July, during an interview with the Algarve Resident.

"Every single part of the house, inside and out, was checked in 2007 by more than 20 police officers, who found absolutely nothing. They used ground-penetrating radar equipment, which was brought by a civil protection team, to search the grounds of the property and the area surrounding Casa Liliana," Murat said.

Speaking with the same newspaper, former police inspector Gonçalo Amaral described the 2007 searches as "thorough."

Birch contends that the location where his suspicious scan was taken was not searched properly. He claims it was covered with vegetation and debris from construction materials and it would have been impossible to conduct the scanning on the rubble.

"I am in possession of photographs taken on May 15, 2007, during the initial search of the Murat property, together with a photo taken five months later of the same yard. When comparing the two photos, one can clearly see a pile of building rubble with a wooden plank lying on top of it. Both photos show the same pile of rubble, in exactly the same condition, in the rear of the Murat yard, substantiating the claim that the Murat property was not searched properly," Birch said.

Three out of four GPR (ground-penetrating radar) specialists who were shown Birch's scan agree authorities should excavate the area in question.

"There are anomalous features in the GPR data that may be due to [human] remains, but whether or not the data indicate the presence of remains cannot be determined solely from the GPR data. You must dig to find out," said Gary N. Young, senior vice president of operations and development for Underground Imaging Technologies, LLC.

Michael Wolmarans, of Imbila Location Services CC, agreed.

"After scrutinizing various scans emailed to me, there is a strong possibility of ground disturbance ... At the 3-meter mark, at a depth of 250-300mm, there is a distinct sign of a void. This suggests that the ground has been disturbed by digging. Below the void there is an object, though it is not possible to say what it is without excavating. If this were my own investigation, I would have little doubt that an excavation of the area would be required and this is what I would do," Wolmarans said.

Ralph Baird, a geophysicist from Houston, also suggested a dig.

"What is shown in one GPR profile and in a local area is just that there are objects in the box/dirt-filled area. The process needs to just dig and remove the dirt. The area is small enough for that to happen under professional or videoed supervision ... dig it up or probe it and see what is there; it's a small task -- the digging," Baird said.

Bryan Bacheller, president of Digital Concrete Imaging in Tampa, Fla., had a slightly different opinion.

"There isn't enough for me to compare typical soils to. However, there are minor disturbances that can be interpreted as human remains. With that said, I think the area is too shallow and 100 mm below the surface is a tar layer. Highly unlikely that a criminal would dig through such hard materials and in the open space of a driveway. My opinion is that this is not a crime scene," Bacheller said.

The Huffington Post notified the Office of the Prime Minister and Portugal’s judicial police about the experts' opinions. Neither agency responded to a request for comment.

Carter-Ruck, the law firm representing Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann, said they stand behind the decision of the authorities not to dig.

"Mr. and Mrs. McCann are guided by the expertise of the British and Portuguese police, both of which have studied the information provided by Mr. Birch and both of which have concluded it is not credible," Isabel Martorell, a partner at the firm, told HuffPost.

There is, as Birch points out, only one way to settle the controversy.

"Dig. If you think I am wrong, then I am going to ask you one simple question, a question millions of people are asking: why haven't they dug or put probes down there?"

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:56 pm

If this were my missing child and there was the slightest possibility she could be buried there, I would Demand they dig.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 pm

agreed Same here, Wrap! It doesn't sound like that large an area. Odd that the parents' attorney is against the digging.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next