Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

+22
HippyChick2
Slys Hunny
HippieChick
Praying For Faith
mayhem
raine1953
Turtle
Lilone
TerryRose
charminglane
adelacruz
Marica
lisamaree44
jeanne1807
lisette
artgal16
laga
janie
CritterFan1
Nama
Juanita
Wrapitup
26 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by Lilone Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:40 pm

There is a lot of evidence that Susan was murdered. There is a lot of evidence that Josh could care less.

Powell mysteriously disappeared on Dec. 7, 2009, when she did not report to her stockbroker job and her two sons, ages 2 and 4 did not make it to day care. Police investigated the family's residence in West Valley City only to find it empty, except for two fans directed towards a wet spot on the rug. Josh Powell, Susan's husband, told police he had taken their sons camping at approximately 12:30 a.m. and returned that evening.
CBSNews

Lilone

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 am

I highly doubt she will ever be found. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 23993741
"I personally believe (Josh) is responsible for Susan's disappearance, so the fact that he has not been brought to justice yet is extremely frustrating," said Josh Powell's sister Jennifer Graves, shown with her husband Kirk.

Powell Disappearance
• Dec. 6, 2009 - The last time anyone saw Susan Powell
• Dec. 7 - The day Susan Powell was reported missing
• Dec. 9 - Police call disappearance of Susan Powell suspicious
• Dec. 12 - Family of missing woman's husband speaks
• Dec. 16 - Josh Powell named person of interest
• Dec. 17 - 2nd search warrant served at Powell home
• Dec. 20 - Josh Powell attends Wash. vigil
• Jan. 3, 2010 - Friends of missing Utah mom launch Web media blitz
• Jan. 4 - Social media blitz kick off
• Jan. 9 - Josh Powell packs up West Valley City house
• Jan. 27 - Family, friends put up ribbon display at Powell WVC home
• Feb. 5 - Friends plan ‘Week of Service' in honor of Susan Powell
• Feb. 15 - Family accuses missing woman's husband of abuse
• March 1 - Susan Powell's family, former cop question new website
• March 6 - Vigils mark 3-month anniversary of Susan Powell's disappearance
• March 9 - Witnesses say they saw Josh Powell at a strip club just hours after Susan Powell was reported missing.
•March 16 - Volunteer search being organized for Susan Powell
•March 26 - Tooele County sheriff has concerns about search for Susan Powell
•April 2 - Search for Susan Powell closed to the public
•April 10 - Searchers comb West Desert for signs of Susan Powell
•June 1 - Susan Powell back in spotlight 6 months after disappearance
•June 26 - Dozens search for Susan Powell 6 months after disappearance
Nine months after the disappearance of Susan Powell, the emotions surrounding the mother of two are still very raw for those who were closest to her.

It was nine months ago Tuesday she was reported missing, and after thousands of hours of investigation there is still no sign of the West Valley City mother.

"I personally believe (Josh) is responsible for Susan's disappearance, so the fact that he has not been brought to justice yet is extremely frustrating," said Josh Powell's sister Jennifer Graves, shown with her husband Kirk.
KSL spoke with the family of Josh Powell, Susan's husband -- he is the only person of interest in the case.

The family members say they are frustrated with what is happening with Susan's case. They say there is very little information being passed on about her disappearance from investigators to their family.

"We get no information, practically," said Jennifer Graves, Josh Powell's sister. "So we're not really sure if things are moving forward really, or if it's kind of at a stalemate, or who knows. We're just not sure."

Jennifer Graves and her husband Kirk Graves say Susan's disappearance is still very fresh on their minds, and the fact that no new information has been presented about her case is frustrating.

"Sadly, I don't think there has been anything new at all," Kirk Graves said.

Still, they realize there may be police work going on behind the scenes. They say their frustration is based on the fact that police still haven't taken the steps to bring Josh Powell in yet.

"I personally believe he is responsible for Susan's disappearance, so the fact that he has not been brought to justice yet is extremely frustrating to me," Jennifer Graves said.

As of Aug. 25, the West Valley City Police Department has spent more than 6,800 hours investigating the disappearance of Susan Powell, costing the department roughly $150,000. Police also say there are still five detectives assigned to the case.

"Any investigation is frustrating when you don't have quick results, and obviously there has been some time since this case initially started," said Sgt. Mike Powell with the West Valley City Police Department. "I think it's fair to say that every day is a day of progression. I think we grow closer, whether in eliminating information or obtaining more information."

According to the police, Josh Powell is the only person of interest in his wife's disappearance. Beyond that, the department will not comment on the specifics of the investigation.

Jennifer Graves says she's glad to know investigators are still actively trying to find Susan. She says after nine months, she just hopes that something will happen soon.

"We're trying to keep up hope that it will end soon, and that they will finally bring this to a close and do what needs to be done, and that's finally an arrest," Jennifer Graves said.

But not everyone in Josh Powell's family thinks he's behind his wife's disappearance. In an e-mail to ABC News, Josh's father Steven Powell claimed his son's marriage was "normal."

"Clearly we think Susan decided to leave," the e-mail reads. "This has little to do with Josh because their marriage was basically normal."

Powell also told ABC "most of the time it was a happy and stable relationship, however Susan had the occasional tendency to lose control."

Shelby Gifford, the spokesperson for the Cox family -- Susan's parents and relatives -- disputes Steven Powell's claims.

"If you knew Susan at all, then you know their marriage was not normal and stable like Steven claims. It was anything but normal and stable," Gifford told KSL Newsradio Tuesday. "It was controlling, it was tumultuous."

Gifford says the topic of divorce came up "more than once" inside the marriage.

"I feel like either he doesn't have a clue about what was really going on in that marriage or, you know, he's considering the best interests of his son," Gifford said.

Susan's parents have not seen their grandchildren since April. Jennifer and Kirk Graves say it's been since January for them.

Gifford says Josh Powell now requests they contact him via e-mail, but he never responds.

"It's been nine months. He's feeling very confident, he is not going to come forward with anything," Kirk Graves said.

Jennifer and Kirk Graves told KSL Susan's parents will be in town this weekend to support "Ride For Their Lives," an organization raising awareness about missing people.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I find it extremely sad that Josh doesn't let the grandparent's see the kids. Not only have they lost their mother but also four other people in their lives. If Josh won't respond to their emails, that says to me he is a complete "control freak".

I have no doubt in my mind he did her in and she w/never be found. There are too many caverns in that area of Utah. It would be like searching for a needle in a hay stack. I am sorry...I am NOT comparing a human being to a needle - but just trying to get across how tough it would be to find her. Thus, the infamous "I took the kids camping in sub degree weather w/Susan's permission at midnight, and when we returned...she was gone. And, I forgot it was Monday and I had to go to work" smacks of complete b.s.
:FBI:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Vanished: Susan Powell's Husband Scrutinized by His Own Family The Trail Grows Cold Eight Months After Mom Disappeared While Josh Powell Was on Mysterious Camping Trip

Post by Nama Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Ap_Susan_Josh_Powell_100907_mn
This image provided by Mindy Guzman shows Susan Powell, right, at a church function with her husband Josh Powell, left, Dec. 5, 2009 in West Valley City, Utah. Eight months after Susan Powell disappeared from the couple's West Valley City home, her husband -- who provided a bizarre alibi about a midnight camping trip with his toddlers -- continues to fend off accusations from her family and his own.

The husband of missing Utah mother Susan Powell maintains his wife simply walked away from her family, even as his own sister said she's "quite convinced" he was involved in her disappearance

"Has he kidnapped her, holding her somewhere? Has he killed her?" Josh Powell's sister, Jennifer Graves, asked. "Who knows?"

Eight months after Susan Powell disappeared from the couple's West Valley City home, her husband -- who provided a bizarre alibi about a winter midnight camping trip with his toddlers -- continues to fend off accusations from her family and his own.

Kirk Graves, Jennifer's husband and Josh Powell's brother-in-law, said his behavior after Susan Powell disappeared was telling.

"Josh's reaction was, don't talk to anybody, be of no help -- not even family. Just get out," he said.

Josh Powell has not been charged in the case and police have yet to make any arrests.

The family who supports him -- namely his father Steven -- maintains that the negative comments toward him are religiously motivated, that the Mormon church that Susan Powell was so deeply involved with has organized to attack him.

In a statement to ABC News, Steven Powell argued that his son has done everything to help police find the mother of his children even as Josh Powell's sister and brother-in-law claim he's done little but push her family and the police away.

"Clearly, we think Susan decided to leave," Steven Powell wrote. "This has little to do with Josh because their marriage was basically normal. There is no evidence to the contrary."

"Although (Susan's parents) would like the public to believe otherwise ... most of the time it was a happy and stable relationship," Steven Powell continued. "However, Susan had an occasional tendency to lose control."

It's a characterization of the 28-year-old mother that her friends say is completely untrue.

"They would get in fights and talk about divorce and she would say. 'I'm going to take the kids,'" Susan Powell's close friend Kiirsi Hellewell said. "And he would say, "No. Over my dead body.'"

Graves said her brother was controlling and watched over his wife carefully.

"He controlled the money, the car," she said. "He wouldn't let her go to activities and things without his approval."

Susan Powell was last seen Dec. 6. She went to bed early, but Josh Powell said he bundled up the boys, then 4 and 3, on the cold winter night and took them camping around midnight to a campsite about two hours away.

When they returned, Susan Powell was gone. Police found her purse and keys in the house and, strangely, two fans drying a wet spot on the living room floor.

Susan Powell's Father Warns: 'We Are Not Going to Quit'
Powell, who was still out with the boys when a daycare provider realized the family was nowhere to be found, was reached on his cell phone and told to come home.

He was questioned by police, but that information, along with other forensic evidence, have been sealed. Powell has told local media outlets of his middle-of-the-night trip that "we were just going to do s'mores."

Graves said it's hard to think that her own brother may have kidnapped or killed his wife.

"But you have to remember that she was my sister and she's gone. She's my friend. Where is she?" Graves said. "I haven't seen her for eight months."

Susan Powell's father said he's equally convinced his daughter's husband is guilty.

"It's our understanding from hearing it from three sources that Josh was not going to give up the children. That he would cause her physical bodily harm," Chuck Cox said. "She feared for her physical safety."

Josh Powell is now living 900 miles away from West Valley City in Puyallup, Wash., with his father.

"I think whoever is responsible needs to realize that we are not going to quit. And it's not going to stop until the truth is known," Cox said. "And anybody who doesn't believe that is not being real. So come forward."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:12 pm

BJ in OR wrote:... When they returned, Susan Powell was gone. Police found her purse and keys in the house and, strangely, two fans drying a wet spot on the living room floor.

I wonder if they ever found out what those wet spots were from? In other words, did they find evidence of blood? I've heard that blood stains will show up even after an area is thoroughly washed!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:10 am

I hope LE didn't screw up the "crime scene" to the point where there's evidence that can't be used against Susan's husband. I think that happens sometimes when LE doesn't realize that it IS a crime scene.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:20 am

Good point and applies to at least two other cases that readily come to mind.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:16 am

Susan’s Parents should have a right to see their Grandsons. That really makes me mad that Josh is with holding them. I am so glad Susan's family and even some of Josh’s family have not given up in their search for Susan. Noticed that a volunteer search effort is going to be taking place soon even though she has been gone for 9 months.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 am

Every time I read about this case, I get a sinking feeling in my stomach. I am so afraid that this is one in which the perp is going to walk free, while filling those little boys' minds with lies about how their mother walked off and left them. So SAD when she loved them with all her heart and would NEVER have left them. But, by being kept away from those that would tell them the truth about her love for them, they will never hear the other side. And, if by any chance they do arrest and try Josh for her murder, he will probably give custody of them to his father (who BTW Susan did not trust and did not really want them to be around)...SO frustrating and unfair!!! It\\'s Not Fair
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:05 am

I agree. What "the perp" did will have a profound effect on these boys for the rest of their lives. And, when they are adults and find out the truth, I think the boys won't want much to do with "dad".
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Lissette, your comment about Josh filling the children's heads with lies and that their mother just took off for NO reason reminded me of someone else, the infamous Drew Smirking Peterson.
Who knows what he has had the opportunity to say to his children all of these yrs about their mother running off and leaving them.
Josh seems to have that same smirking "smile" as Drew, almost like "Ha, I got away with murder!Nanny Nanny Boo Boo", like a child that pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Josh Powell wants to join Wash. school PTA

Post by Nama Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 am

Parents whose students attend Carson Elementary in Payallup, Wash. say they do not trust the man who is the only person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell last December. Josh Powell has expressed interest in joining the local parent teacher association for the school. He moved from West Valley City to Washington State a few months after his wife went missing. While maintaining his innocence, Powell has been uncooperative in the investigation according to police.

"I wouldn't want my kids to be around that you know, I just don't trust him just based on what we know," says parent, Amanda Rouse. Get It Now: FOX 13 News E-mail Newsletters and Text Message Alerts | Mobile Web Site and Smartphone Apps | Twitter and Facebook

Families say Powell's sons are more than welcome to the school, but they do not want Josh anywhere near their school and are petitioning the school to keep him out.

"If I was in their position I would be concerned to. At this point what is he capable of?" says Powell's sister, Jennifer Graves.

Jennifer pleaded with Josh to cooperate with police. She was soon banned from her family's Washington home where the Powells will not talk to reporters.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 am

Good for those parents. I still hope Susan will be found before winter. If not and Josh murdered her maybe an OJ Simpson thing will happen and he will get what he has coming even if it takes years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 pm

You go Carson Elementary. Even money the other children will be told to stay away from the 'Powell Kids'. You think anyone would let their kid come over to the Powell house for a sleepover. LindaMarie...I believe in karma, also. What goes around does come around, usually bites you on your Booty Josh is too arrogant right now, on some kind of high because he thinks he got away with it, or maybe he is just an arrogant jerk.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:53 pm

It's just so sad for the kids...I am afraid that they are going to have miserable lives because of their father's actions...Again- It\\'s Not Fair
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:42 pm

So many kids lives ruined because a greedy man wants it all, all of the money, full custody, insurance. Those poor children. Are the kids still being withheld from Susan's family?? Dollar Signs Dollar Signs
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Susan Powell, Missing Utah Mother, Still a Mystery; Wyoming Remains Not a Match

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 am

Crimesider
September 15, 2010 2:29 PM

Posted by Caroline Black 2 comments

SEATTLE (CBS/KIRO) When Susan Powell's family received word that police had found remains in a Wyoming field that might be those of the missing Utah mother, they prepped themselves for another ride on what has been an emotional roller coaster.

However, police have since determined that the remains are not the 28-year-old woman, and were forced to tell her loved ones, yet again, that Powell's disappearance remains a mystery.

It was the seventh time since she went missing that authorities had informed relatives they'd found remains that could be Powell's, only to determine that was not the case, according to CBS affiliate KIRO.

The Deseret News reported Thursday, Sept. 9 that a sheepherder had discovered a body 14 miles east of Laramie, Wyoming.

Because there were some characteristics that resembled Powell, police began to look into the possibility that the remains could belong to the woman who's family live in Puyallup, Wash., and who has been missing since last December.

However, the local sheriff's office told the Salt Lake City newspaper that the body was between 30 and 40-years-old, was between 5-foot-2 and 5-foot-3, and had light brown hair - which doesn't quite match Powell's 5-foot-4 frame and darker brown hair.

Shelby Gifford, a spokeswoman for Powell's family, told KIRO that the whole ordeal has been "heartbreaking...every minute is a challenge."

Powell was reported missing Dec. 7, 2009 after she failed to show up for her job and her two sons, ages 2 and 4, did not make it to day care.

Josh Powell, Susan's husband, has told police that he saw his wife that day before he took the boys on a camping trip and left her home, says KIRO.

He remains tight-lipped with investigators and has been named a person of interest in her disappearance.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:18 am

It's been quite a while since I've joined the discussion, so forgive me if this question has been asked and answered already. But iirc, Josh had been interviewed by police a couple of times before lawyering up and refusing to talk. Surely the police asked specific questions as to why there was a fan blowing on the carpet. Did the police ever say what he said about that? Of course, he could have denied knowing anything about it since he apparently "left his wife at home". But I was always curious as to whether LE got a statement specific to that.

It is heartbreaking to know that parents are petitioning the school to ban Josh from the PTA -- this will only make the kids more isolated. I understand how these parents feel about Josh, but their emotional outbursts to the media and to the school will directly effect those sweet children. Their hearts are in the right place, but imho they need to be still. The more drama that unfolds with parents bitching about Josh being around, the more kids are going to get wind and bring it up to the Powell children. That's continual salt in the wound. Their mom's gone and their Dad's hated and not welcome anywhere. Ugh!! It rips at my heart -- these children need a sliver of normalcy as they enter school. They need to feel that they belong and that they fit in with their peers. This drama at the school does not support that need at all.

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 pm

mayhem wrote:It's been quite a while since I've joined the discussion, so forgive me if this question has been asked and answered already. But iirc, Josh had been interviewed by police a couple of times before lawyering up and refusing to talk. Surely the police asked specific questions as to why there was a fan blowing on the carpet. Did the police ever say what he said about that? Of course, he could have denied knowing anything about it since he apparently "left his wife at home". But I was always curious as to whether LE got a statement specific to that.

Mayhem, I posted a similar question a little while ago, and got no answers. I would also think that if there had been any blood on the carpet, there should be still evidence of that. (I've heard that it is very hard to wash blood off, and LE has the equipment to see evidence of blood that is unseen to the "naked" eye) However, I think that whatever LE knows about the carpet, they are keeping it quiet until they get more evidence. JMO!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 am

I agree That is why no one is responding. But what gets me, if this information about the stain is so compelling that they are keeping it close to the vest, does it in any way, shape or form implicate Josh? I don't get it. Because if it doesn't, why aren't they releasing what it was?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:13 am

Wrapitup wrote: I agree That is why no one is responding. But what gets me, if this information about the stain is so compelling that they are keeping it close to the vest, does it in any way, shape or form implicate Josh? I don't get it. Because if it doesn't, why aren't they releasing what it was?
Wonder if the stain was urine leaving her body if killed there? Urine shows up in a black light.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:47 am

I have been able to read part of this thread. So sad, such a beautiful lady and her poor parents, kids and her family. I feel so bad for them.

I also wondered about a blood stain when I read that fans were running. I would have thought that the LE would have been all over that right away.

So sad.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm dying to know what Josh's response to the fan was. I'd like to think that LE HAD TO HAVE ASKED why it was on and what made the carpet wet. I'm trying to imagine his responses:
1) Son peed on rug early evening and we cleaned it up and had the fan on it. ~Is there a test to differentiate mom's urine from son's?
2) Son or Susan vomited early evening....cleaned it up and had the fan on it. ~Would a good cleaning wipe away all traces from vomit? Of course, if he mentioned it was one of the boys, I think they could recall that info easily, even at their ages...not to mention the fact that it would look really odd to explain why he took a sick kid out camping in freezing temperatures.
3) He could have said "I have no idea." It wasn't on when I left with the boys. ~If this had been the response (and the house was immediately sealed -- LE didn't let Josh inside when he got home, right? They took him immediately in for questioning?), I would think they've got fingerprints from the on/off knobs.

I can't imagine Josh forming a "blood" stain scenario that would make sense. So if he didn't, and it WAS Susan's blood, then I don't understand WHY he's not being brought in. I can only assume at this point that the spot was probably vomit or urine. Which is just frustrating as heck.

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Good points, Mayhem! Susan has been missing for almost a year & we haven't heard much from LE regarding the investigation. I sure hope we get some answers soon!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty group of volunteers has begun searching abandoned mines

Post by Nama Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:36 pm

A group of volunteers has begun searching abandoned mines for any trace of a Utah mother who disappeared from a Salt Lake City suburb almost a year ago, Fox13now.com reports.

Susan Powell, of West Valley City, Utah, was reported missing on Dec. 7, 2009, after she failed to show up to her job as a stockbroker for Wells Fargo Financial.

The volunteer group, Mojave Underground Utah, is now assisting in the search for her by exploring abandoned mines in Dugway and Eureka, Utah, according to the station.

The group's efforts, however, have been met with controversy because the searches are reportedly being conducted without the approval of state or local authorities. The Utah Division of Oil, Gas and Mining has also declared the searching of abandoned mines a public safety hazard, saying the mines are unstable.

In a statement released to the station, Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, thanked the group for its help but called on the volunteers to coordinate any search with the local police.

"The amount of resources -- time, energy, money, expertise -- that has been spent to search for Susan is overwhelming to our family," the statement read."We hope that any group that decides to undertake particularly dangerous or technical search efforts, such as searching mines in the area, will coordinate with West Valley City Police and will balance their desire to aid in the search for Susan with the proper safety precautions. While we are focused on finding Susan, we would be heartbroken to learn that someone was injured during the search for her."

Powell’s husband, Josh Powell, told police he left his wife at their home at 12:30 a.m. on December 7 to go camping in freezing conditions with the couple’s sons, ages 4 and 2.

West Valley City Police have named Powell the only person of interest in the case, but he has not been named a suspect.

Friends of the missing mother told the Salt Lake Tribune that Powell thought about divorcing her husband and even put together a plan in case he tried to kidnap her sons or strip her of her finances.

Powell reportedly told her friends that she went so far as to set up her own bank account, prepare for a place to stay if she left her husband, Joshua Powell, and wrote up an informal will, the paper reported.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:08 pm

I think I have stated this before but I have friends in Utah and from what I was told, most in Utah think that the husband threw her done a mine. With 20,000 mines in Utah..I think it is safe to say that she is probably in one of those 20,000. I hope they find her. And, this is dangerous work. Not for the faint of heart in those mines!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:51 pm

With 20,000 mines in Utah..I think it is safe to say that she is probably in one of those 20,000.

Abandoned mines?
Turtle
Turtle

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:07 pm

It would be a real miracle if her body was ever found! i wonder also, Turtle, working mines or 20,000 unused?
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Abandoned mines.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:56 am

Did anyone watch NG last night? I don't know if this was a rerun or not, it was news to me. One of Susan's sons told police his mother was in a mine looking for crystals. Apparently, LE learned this early on, I don't know why they are just now searching mines. Also, a neighbor said josh was a crime show junkie and told him the best place to hide a body would be in a mine.

I hope they find her. I wish they could lie and say they did find her body in a certain area and maybe josh would implicate himself.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 am

I have thought this all along since my friend from Ogden, Utah told me that is what everyone up there thinks..that her body is in an abandoned mine. I thought the same thing..WHY is this just coming out now? NG said the infamous National E posted it in their "paper".

Also, Susan's dad was Live on NG and he said they have not seen or spoken to the grandchildren since April..that Josh has requested they don't have any contact w/ them. Susan's dad sounded so defeated. I felt so badly for him. One of the attorney's, I believe Eleanor Odom..said the grandparent's could file a lawsuit for grandparent's rights in the State of Utah.

Josh is sooooo guilty. I pray they find whatever is left of her. All they need is one bone to id her (I think).
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 pm

In an explosive new development in the Susan Cox Powell case, the missing Utah mom's four-year-old son reportedly said, "Mommy's in the mine, looking for crystals." The boy reportedly made the statement after his mom went missing in Dec. 2009, but it wasn't made public until now.

Police are searching abandoned mine shafts near Powell's home. Adding to the intrigue: according to a report on CNN's Nancy Grace Show, airing Oct. 7, Powell's husband, Josh, once told a friend that a mineshaft would be the best place to dispose of a body.

As part of their search efforts, teams are dropping cameras into two silver mineshafts 20 to 50 miles away from the area Josh Powell claims he took his sons camping. These mines are at least half a mile deep.

Also revealed on the CNN show: Powell, an avid fan of crime shows, is alleged to have told a friend at a 2008 Christmas party that the perfect hiding place for a body would be a deep mineshaft.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Out of the mouths of babes...
Helping his Mommy.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Why is this all coming out now????

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Friends and family celebrate Susan Powell birthday with balloon release

Post by Nama Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Original

Susan Cox Powell - the West Valley woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances back in December - turns 29 today. And even though she's been gone for 10 months, her friends didn't forget. In fact, they held a party at West View Park to celebrate, remember and ask some sharp questions.

She is missing, but Susan Cox Powell can be found in the hearts of her friends and family - just ask her sister-in-law Jennifer Graves. "If she is out there - and can her our voice we want her to know we love her."
To demonstrate that love a couple dozen people gathered at West View Park on Saturday to remember the missing mother and make sure others remember her has well. "Were just trying to keep her name in the media and let people know what is going on."

Just like any other birthday party, Susan's came with cake, balloons and cards. However, the cards were a bit different. They had pictures of Susan and information about her and who to contact if something that could help find her is ever found. Then they were tied to the 150 or so purple balloons - Susan's favorite color - and released. As the small group let go of the balloons they wished Susan a happy birthday.

Graves says, "it's not easy for me and its not easy for anyone. But that is what we are dealing with right now." Graves, her husband and children were at the celebration and while she was remembering Susan, she also spent some time talking about Susan's husband, and her brother, Josh Powell. "He left the state two weeks after she disappeared. What sane spouse would do that? And a month after she disappeared he moved."

Graves says she is bothered by what she doesn't know as well as what she does know. And begs Josh to "Tell the truth and come clean." And she adds, Susan's disappearance is something that weighs on her mind. So, in addition to birthday wishes - she now wishes for closure - one way or another. "What's done is done. If she is alive we want her back and if she is not we want to know the truth."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:00 pm

She was really pretty!!! It's just SO damned sad, and her "husband" is a murdering control freak!! I feel so badly for her children!! He doesn't allow them to see, write or speak to Susan's parents. angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Rainbow wrote:
mayhem wrote:It's been quite a while since I've joined the discussion, so forgive me if this question has been asked and answered already. But iirc, Josh had been interviewed by police a couple of times before lawyering up and refusing to talk. Surely the police asked specific questions as to why there was a fan blowing on the carpet. Did the police ever say what he said about that? Of course, he could have denied knowing anything about it since he apparently "left his wife at home". But I was always curious as to whether LE got a statement specific to that.

Mayhem, I posted a similar question a little while ago, and got no answers. I would also think that if there had been any blood on the carpet, there should be still evidence of that. (I've heard that it is very hard to wash blood off, and LE has the equipment to see evidence of blood that is unseen to the "naked" eye) However, I think that whatever LE knows about the carpet, they are keeping it quiet until they get more evidence. JMO!!

Hopefully LE cut that section of carpet and tested the floor beneath it. Guess we will not know the results until LE feels releasing it will not jeopardize the case. OTOH, if it was evidence damming to Josh Powell they would have arrested him by now, right?

IMO Josh is a creepy little weasel. I didn't like him from the moment I saw his face on TV. His "I gotta go get my boys" statement when reporters questions got difficult....well, did anybody see Zarah Baker's father the other day, reporters talking to him and him answering (lying, but answering) their questions-then one asks a hard question and suddenly he says "I gotta go.." after he had been standing there 2 seconds earlier answering them? Hummmmmm both are too similar to ignore.
HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 pm

This is indeed a sad case. This man even blamed the wet carpet on Susan, stating that she had cleaned a "red stain" out of the carpet, just before "running off" with another man. He must think I'm* an idiot...

*I'm = Jane Q. Public...
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Susan Powell's son says, "Mommy's in the mine..."

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 am

In an explosive new development in the Susan Cox Powell case, the missing Utah mom's four-year-old son reportedly said, "Mommy's in the mine, looking for crystals." The boy reportedly made the statement after his mom went missing in Dec. 2009, but it wasn't made public until now.

Police are searching abandoned mine shafts near Powell's home. Adding to the intrigue: according to a report on CNN's Nancy Grace Show, airing Oct. 7, Powell's husband, Josh, once told a friend that a mineshaft would be the best place to dispose of a body.

A 28-year-old stockbroker and mom, Susan Cox Powell went missing from her home on December 7, 2009. On the night she disappeared, her husband claims he took their two sons, ages four and two, camping overnight in the West Deserts of Utah, where temperatures were freezing.

As part of their search efforts, teams are dropping cameras into two silver mineshafts 20 to 50 miles away from the area Josh Powell claims he took his sons camping. These mines are at least half a mile deep.

According to Chuck Cox, Susan's father, Susan and Josh were having marital problems shortly before she disappeared. They seemed to be on the way to patching things up - Josh had begun attending church with Susan again - but "right now in the wake of everything," Cox said, "we`re not sure that it wasn`t just a show." Cox also said that Joshua Powell is preventing his children from having any contact with their grandfather.

Also revealed on the CNN show: Powell, an avid fan of crime shows, is alleged to have told a friend at a 2008 Christmas party that the perfect hiding place for a body would be a deep mineshaft.

This was in the news in October, but I was just recently reminded of it. I'm glad to know that LE is taking this seriously & searching abandoned mines in the area. I'm sure this will be a difficult & dangerous job, but unfortunately, that is most likely where her body is! crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:28 am

To say that to a friend just shows how hard the heart is. Would most people even think of such a thing when discussing mine shafts?---I think not.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Feds want Susan Powell’s childhood journals, father-in-law says

Post by Nama Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:43 pm

The father-in-law of Susan Powell says federal agents came to his home wanting the childhood journals she kept.

Meanwhile, with the anniversary of her disappearance next week, police have issued a new flier asking for the public’s help in finding the missing wife and mother. Events commemorating or reminding people of the disappearance also are planned.

In e-mails to The Tribune, Powell’s father-in-law, Steve Powell, said agents from the U.S. Marshals Service arrived Nov. 16 at his Puyallup, Wash., home.

"The U.S. Marshals asked about Susan’s childhood journals," Steve Powell wrote. "Of course, we are happy to cooperate with law enforcement in any way we can."

In a follow-up e-mail, Steve Powell said: "They asked for a copy and we have worked diligently to quickly create a complete copy. We have let them know their copy is ready, and are waiting to hear back."

A representative from the Marshals Service office in Seattle did not return a call seeking comment Wednesday.

Susan Powell’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, told The Tribune in November they wanted the journals so they could keep them as heirlooms and ensure their grandsons receive them one day. Steven Powell has accused the Coxes of sending one of his daughters to steal the journals from his home.

"It is fair and right for Susan’s husband and children to have Susan’s original journals until she returns," Steve Powell wrote in an e-mail. "Don’t you think?"

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:32 am

Evidently Josh Powell is walking the straight and narrow. I would expect LE to pick him up on other charges that might stick. Like Peterson and Cummings.

Personally I don't think the wet spot on the carpet was anything. I think Susans blood on the carpet would be enough for an arrest. That didn't happen.

I wonder why they haven't told?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:43 pm

That is a good point, Jeanne. It makes me wonder if he may have drowned Susan (while she was taking a bath), and then laid her wet body on the carpet while he wrapped her up to dispose of her. Terrible to think of, but it would explain the wet spot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:42 pm

I try to maintain the faith that Josh will get his one day like OJ Simpson. LE has no evidence and that is why Josh has not been charged with anything. How deep are mine shafts? It really bothers me to think he had those boys with him when he disposed of Susan. 🇳🇴 I feel so badly for those boys and Susan's parents who have been denied contact with their Grandson's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:11 pm

New search for Susan Cox Powell

A new search was conducted in Utah's West Desert for any sign of missing West Valley City mom Susan Cox Powell. An all-volunteer group fanned out along the northern shores of the Great Salt Lake in the first search this year of the missing woman.

"Drill with a cause is what we're calling it," said Jon Watkins with the Bridgerland Fire Company.

The group searched a vast patch of desert on the northern end of the Great Salt Lake for Susan Cox Powell. It also doubled as a training exercise for new recruits.

"One more place to check off and just one more reason to keep her in everybody's minds," said Dustin McKnight.

Susan Cox Powell vanished from her West Valley City home in 2009. She left behind her husband and two children. Police have kept tight-lipped on the case, but have said that her husband, Josh, remains the sole "person of interest" in her disappearance.

Watkins said the Bridgerland Fire Company, a volunteer group based in Logan, originally asked Josh Powell for assistance in some of their earlier searches in Tooele County. He rebuffed them, Watkins said.

"We did not get an answer," he said. "He doesn't like us."

Volunteer searchers have been focusing on Utah's West Desert. Josh Powell allegedly racked up hundreds of miles on a rental car shortly after his wife disappeared. Police had seized the family's minivan at the time.

Another volunteer group, Mojave Underground, has been searching abandoned mines for any sign of Susan Cox Powell.

West Valley City police have said in the past that they perfer that volunteers, no matter how well intentioned, leave the searches to the professionals. Susan Cox Powell's family has expressed appreciation for the searches -- but has also expressed concern for the welfare of the volunteers, encouraging them to work with police.

"We are appreciative of the time and talents of those who continue to search for Susan," family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford said in an e-mail to Fox 13. "It's gratifying to know that we are not alone in our quest for answers. Our heartfelt thanks go out to everybody who is involved in the searches."

In a recent post on a website set up by Susan's family, her father Chuck Cox wrote "we continue to believe that law enforcement is doing everything they can, that Susan will be found and the guilty will be punished."

Saturday's search for Susan Cox Powell found no sign of the missing woman, but the volunteers vow to not give up. Bridgerland Fire Company has planned another search for June.

"We'll just keep hitting everywhere we can," Watkins said. "Eventually, we're going to find that needle in the haystack. We'll just keep moving hay as we go."
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:06 am

Unfortunately, if they do find Susan, it will be like finding a needle in a haystack as her body would be completely skeletonized by now. How sad. Such a vibrant, beautiful, young mother taken at the hands of her husband, allegedly.

This w/be the 2nd Spring and Summer to look for her. I hope she is found and her husband is brought to face his maker. He makes me sick!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 8 Empty Susan Powell: her body may have been found...

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Monday, May 16, 2011

A body has been found in Tooele County near Stockton, Utah, and there may be a possibility it is Susan Powell. The Tooele County Sheriff's office said that Attorney Doug Hogan found the unidentified body.

Susan Powell,28, went missing in 2009. Her husband, Josh Powell, 34, is a person of interest in her disappearance. He said he took his two sons camping in freezing temperatures in the Tooele County Desert around midnight and when they returned Susan was gone.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Wrap I got really excited when I heard this announced on NG. Susans Father is on right now. But this is may not be her.
Susan Powell Update: Remains Found in Idaho Unlikely Those of Missing Utah Mom
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next