Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profiler Pat Brown calls Casey Anthony a Psychopath on the Today show

4 posters

Go down

Profiler Pat Brown calls Casey Anthony a Psychopath on the Today show Empty Profiler Pat Brown calls Casey Anthony a Psychopath on the Today show

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:35 pm

A young Florida woman accused of murdering her own child wants to start a ministry in a recreational vehicle and thinks the end of days is at hand. She also accuses her brother and father of molesting her as a child.

These are among the many topics 24-year-old Casey Anthony discussed in handwritten letters she sent to a fellow inmate in the Orange County Jail in Orlando, where she is being held while awaiting trial. Anthony is accused of the 2008 killing of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, who went missing in June of that year. Caylee’s skeletal remains were found on Dec. 11, 2008, near Anthony’s home. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Jail officials who released the neatly printed letters said that Anthony, who is being kept segregated from other inmates, is no longer allowed to exchange letters with other inmate. She was able to befriend and communicate with Robyn Adams by hiding the letters in a book that was passed back and forth.

‘In God’s loving arms’
In a story filed for TODAY Thursday, NBC News’ Michelle Kosinski reported that Anthony called Adams, a convicted drug dealer with two children of her own, “Cookie” and “Sister.” She referred to herself as “Muffin.”

Anthony writes frequently of God and her newfound religious faith. At one point, she suggested that Caylee was better off dead.

“I’ve had to forgive what happened to my Caylee, but I’m still angry,” she wrote. “She’s safe. She’s in God’s loving arms. In a lot of ways, I’m content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken or see the constant negativity that our society breeds, nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of. The clock is ticking and the end of days is near. I can feel it.”

Pat Brown, a criminal profiler, told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira that in her opinion, Anthony is a psychopath who is trying to get potential jurors to feel sorry for her. The letters are the way she does it, Brown said.

“This will prove she’s a new woman. After all, she’s found God,” Brown said, adding that juries will frequently sympathize with a woman who claims she was abused and mistreated but now has found the light.

“A lot of time women go to court, juries start feeling sorry for them,” Brown said. “It’s manipulation.”

Brown called the letters “a wonderful window into how a psychopath thinks.”

Allegations of abuse
In her letters, while talking about her own faith, Anthony wonders about the state of her family’s souls.

“It’s difficult enough trying to make sure that my brother and father are both saved,” Anthony writes. “My mom is on the right path. Glory to God!”

Yet she also alleges that her brother, Lee, molested her when she was a teenager and suggests her father did, too, when she was much younger.

“My own brother walking into my room at night and feeling my breasts while I slept,” she wrote. Police allege that she told another inmate they had “sexual intercourse” for three years, until she was 15.

April 7: Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, has been exchanging letters with a convicted drug dealer that detail her plans to write a book and her complaints about her mother. NBC’s Michelle Kosinski reports
Today show

She writes, “I think my Dad used to do the same thing to me, but when I was much younger.”

Anthony’s family has denied the allegations, releasing a statement that said: “The Anthony family denies that there was any improper sexual behavior in their family, nor was there ever a time when Casey told them of sexually inappropriate conduct by her brother or father.”

Anthony wrote that she cried when she saw a TV report about Haleigh Cummings, another Florida girl who went missing and has yet to be found.

“Not a day goes by that I don’t think about Caylee and wish that I could have protected her better,” she wrote. In another letter, she says, “I was a GREAT Mom!”

Anthony also confessed that she sometimes used chloroform to put Caylee to sleep so she could go out.

Hair and wardrobe
Anthony writes about starting a ministry with Adams and traveling the country in an RV. She also talks about her hairdo and the image she presents in court.
TODAY
Criminal profiler Pat Brown said that Casey Anthony’s letters are a look “into how a psychopath thinks.

“I already fixed my hair in a smooth updo and a nice bun, lower than usual, and I’m boycotting my glasses. The sexy librarian look doesn’t go well with navy blue scrubs. A shame,” she wrote.

At the same time, she complains about the attention she gets from men who write her in jail and call her “hot” and “sexy.”

“Is this what ‘celebrities’ have to deal with?” she wonders.

Adams suggested to another friend that the letters may have been worth something before they were discovered and confiscated by her jailers.

“This is huge,” Adams told the friend. “I may be the only thing standing between her life in prison or her freedom … Do you think one day they’ll be worth anything? Maybe a spot on the Today Show or Oprah.”

Casey Anthony is accused of the 2008 murder of her daughter, Caylee.

Adams has since been transferred to a federal penitentiary to finish serving her 10-year-sentence.

Kosinski reported that Adams seems to have soured on the friendship over time.

“She’s not really all together up there,” Adams wrote to another inmate. “I cry every single day for my children and she’s inviting me to Costa Rica???”

Wrote Anthony: “Start counting the days to the RV trip.”
source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Profiler Pat Brown calls Casey Anthony a Psychopath on the Today show Empty Re: Profiler Pat Brown calls Casey Anthony a Psychopath on the Today show

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:31 pm

I think when KC suggested that Caylee was better off dead...that to me screams that she did it and is trying to justify it. Barf
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Profiler Pat Brown calls Casey Anthony a Psychopath on the Today show Empty Re: Profiler Pat Brown calls Casey Anthony a Psychopath on the Today show

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 pm

I agree What logical, rational, loving mother would say that?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Casey Anthony is a sociopath and maybe that is a polite way of saying she is a psychopath as Pat Brown called her. Even what she wrote to Robyn is typical of how these people operate - they try to establish immediate rapport with people who really become their victims.
Casey will do wonderfully well in prison - the superficial charm we have all read about in the diagnosis of sociopathy is very apparent in Casey. You can tell how in her writing to a COMPLETE stranger, Robyn, about how they will take trips together! Who talks this way after their child has been taken and murderered? Sociopaths do not have a conscience. Everyone is grist for their mill. Yes Caylee is dead, oh well, she was a cute kid but time to move on - what look shall I have in court today?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:18 pm

I AM a sexy librarian and resent her trying to be like us!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down