Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Real Miss America

3 posters

Go down

The Real Miss America Empty The Real Miss America

Post by NiteSpinR Fri May 14, 2010 3:13 am

This 19 year old ex-cheerleader (now an Air Force Security Forces Sniper) was watching a road that led to a NATO military base when she observed a man digging by the road. She engaged the target (i.e., she shot him). It turned out he was a bomb maker for the Taliban, and he was burying an IED that was to be detonated when a US patrol walked by 30 minutes later. It would have certainly killed and wounded several soldiers.

The interesting fact of this story is the shot was measured at 725 yards. She shot him as he was bent over burying the bomb. The shot went through his butt and into the bomb which detonated; he was blown to pieces. The Air Force made a motivational poster of her:

The Real Miss America Att00011

(Folks, that's a shot 25 yards longer than 7 football fields!)
And the last thing that came out of his mouth ... was his ass!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

The Real Miss America Empty Re: The Real Miss America

Post by NiteSpinR Fri May 14, 2010 3:30 am

Interesting story huh?
I don't doubt for a moment that a woman (ok or man) could make that shot.
The problem I have with it is the basic knowledge I have that a sniper doesn't want anything reflective around them that would draw the attention of an enemy sniper, such as diamond earrings and shiny lip gloss. Not to mention the big ole honken scope on the gun she using. A true sniper would have that thing covered up!

Yep daddy :LE: was also a Marine Corp Sniper, but during WW2 I think they were called Sharpshooters.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Fri May 14, 2010 9:17 am

Hello NiteSpinR, don't you think maybe this was a posed picture just for the making of the poster? I really don't think she was wearing earrings and lip gloss at the time she made that fatal shot. And if she was 725 yards away, I don't think the victim would have seen the earrings or lip gloss. He may have noticed the scope, if he were looking at her, but if she shot him in the butt, he had to have his back turned to her.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat May 15, 2010 12:41 am

concerned4all wrote:Hello NiteSpinR, don't you think maybe this was a posed picture just for the making of the poster? I really don't think she was wearing earrings and lip gloss at the time she made that fatal shot. And if she was 725 yards away, I don't think the victim would have seen the earrings or lip gloss. He may have noticed the scope, if he were looking at her, but if she shot him in the butt, he had to have his back turned to her.
I'm only quoting you because I Can... I CAN!!! The Real Miss America Muahah12

Of course I understand the picture was posed, it was made into a motivational poster. and then I Sarcasm

I just don't see this photo or the statement Motivational, instead it says to me "In The Air Force You Can Be A Shiny Pretty Little Target"
Do you think these motivational posters are hung in the men's barracks? NOPE!

If she were my peer in the military (She's not of course) I'd like to see her and her weapon dressed and fully prepared to cover my ass. Being protected by a fully qualified (Female or Male) professional with a high power weapon... Now that would motivate me!
Thanx For Letting Me Vent! :thanks:
The Real Miss America Stepof11 ha ha
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 15, 2010 7:58 am

Nite, simply put..You crack me up!!! :celebration:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup