Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11

+11
Lilone
CritterFan1
laga
charminglane
jeanne1807
raine1953
cherylz
Nama
lisette
artgal16
Wrapitup
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11

Post by lisette Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Misty Croslin Faces More Years In Prison
Additional Sentence For Missing Putnam County Girl's Former Stepmother
POSTED: Monday, January 10, 2011
UPDATED: 1:15 pm EST January 10, 2010

PALATKA, Fla. -- Misty Croslin, the teenager who was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, will be sentenced Monday afternoon on more drug charges.
Croslin, who is already serving 25 years in prison on a charge of trafficking oxycodone in St. Johns County, is scheduled to be sentenced on seven drug trafficking charges in Putnam County at 1:30 p.m. She could face up 30 years in prison for each count.
Prosecutors said she could qualify for a reduced sentence as a youthful offender, since she was 17 at the time of the crime. That could reduce her sentence to between six and 25 years.
Croslin; Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings; Misty's brother, Hank Croslin Jr.; and two others were arrested in January 2010 in an undercover sting and charged with selling prescription drugs in January.
Prosecutors released surveillance videos they said shows undercover drug deals involving Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings.
Misty Croslin was sentenced to 25 years on a charge of trafficking oxycodone in St. Johns County.
Last summer, Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge that a "landslide of evidence," including the undercover video, led to her to plead no contest to the St. Johns County charges.
Misty Croslin is the last of the five arrested to be sentenced. Ronald Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr. both received 15-year sentences.
During the October sentencing hearing, Croslin told Judge Wendy Berger that she was raped between the ages of 7 and 14 by two people while she was taking care of her great-grandmother. She said that while Ronald Cummings was rough with her, it was an upgrade in her life and she loved him.
During her sentencing hearing, Croslin's lawyer tried to point out that his client was set up in the drug deal. He said investigators just wanted to get her in jail to get information in the Haleigh case.
"God will take care of my daughter," Croslin's mother, Lisa, said outside of court after the sentencing St. Johns County sentencing. Croslin testified that she was a bad mother, and said her daughter had been raped and assaulted several times as a child.
"I feel it was a decision that was made the way it was made because she really knows better to do that, and when she gets out, she will know what to do the next time around," Hollars said.
Authorities have maintained that the drug charges have no connection to the ongoing investigation of Haleigh's disappearance, which they now consider a homicide case.
Haleigh was 5 years old when she vanished from her home in Satsuma, in southern Putnam County. Croslin, who was Ronald's girlfriend when Haleigh disappeared, married and divorced him within six months.
Even with little to no physical evidence, deputies are treating Haleigh's disappearance as a homicide, and investigators have continued questioning the Croslins while in jail hoping to learn new information.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/26427341/detail.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 3 Empty Misty Croslin has received another 25-year prison sentence for the seven drug charges to which she entered a guilty plea.

Post by Nama Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Misty Croslin has received another 25-year prison sentence for the seven drug charges to which she entered a guilty plea.

In October, Croslin received a 25-year sentence on similar charges in St. Johns County, and today's sentence in Putnam County will run concurrently.

In addition to the prison time, Croslin must pay fines totaling more than $2 million and will have her driver's license suspended for two years following her release.

Croslin, along with her brother, ex-husband and two others, was arrested in January 2010.

In Croslin's first sentencing, Judge Wendy Berger decided not to use the "youthful offender" option, which would have resulted in a prison sentence of six years.

In the absence of being sentenced as a youthful offender, Croslin faced up to 240 years.

She entered a no-contest plea to the seven drug-related charges stemming from her arrest.

A "landslide of information" against her led her attorney, Robert Fields, to a plea rather than face a trial.

The prosecution said that information included video of Croslin selling drugs and undercover officers who were eyewitnesses to drug deals.

Croslin told Berger she dealt drugs because she grew up poor and, "That is what you do."

Croslin's brother was sentenced to 15 years in prison, and her ex-husband Ronald Cummings was also sentenced to 15 years. They were arrested along with Croslin.

The Croslin and Cummings names came to public attention in February 2009 when 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from Ronald Cummings' home as Misty Croslin was babysitting.

Haleigh has not been seen since, and Sheriff Jeff Hardy has told the family that she is most likely dead.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=185902&catid=17
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11

Post by Nama Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 pm

The sentences today will run concurrently, meaning Croslin will be in her mid-40s when she is released.

She won't be in for another 25 years; The sentence is to be served concurrent with the first one. It's like one sentence; what the HELL! What a huge waste. I hope she has lost the ability to bear children by the time she gets out.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:41 pm

BJ♥️OR wrote:The sentences today will run concurrently, meaning Croslin will be in her mid-40s when she is released.

She won't be in for another 25 years; The sentence is to be served concurrent with the first one. It's like one sentence; what the HELL! What a huge waste. I hope she has lost the ability to bear children by the time she gets out.

I agree At the very least I hope she cannot get pregnant either while in prison (talking guards/whoever else) or when she gets out. Maybe, I know this is a real stretch, she'll get the idea of getting an education which in prison, way past the high school years, I think that's the ONLY way it's even remotely possible that she could become a productive member of society when she's out.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:10 pm

7 counts and the two counts in another county and all she gets is 25 years. Welcome to Florida!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Wrapitup wrote:7 counts and the two counts in another county and all she gets is 25 years. Welcome to Florida!

Yeah, but Wrap, all she did was sell a few pills to an undercover cop, it's not like she was in on a murder/disappearance of a child or something....:tongue in chee

Oh WAIT, yes she was.

Too bad they can't charge her with something in the disappearance of HaLeigh.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Does anybody know if this is DEFINITELY 25 years or will there be "credit for time served", good behavior, etc.? And it is so sad that we'll never know what really happened to Haleigh.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Lisette, It will be some percentage of the 25 years. I am sure she will not serve the full 25. Even though I do not feel sorry for her, even 15 years is a long time for what she is convicted. When you think of all the child molesters who get far less time, this punishment seems a little off balance. I think they are hoping she will break and tell the truth about HaLeigh, but I doubt she ever will.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:26 pm

If this were any other girl off the street who sold a few drugs I would be shocked at the amount of time she got. When you compare it sentences given to sex offenders who were violent w/ their victims, murderers, just all violent crimes, the punishment does not fit the crime.
I too believe that LE is still hoping that Haleigh will be found because of someone's confession but I really doubt that it will be from Misty, I really think that she was in a blackout and cannot remember.
In no way am I saying that Misty deserves any less time, but I do think her brother knows more of the truth than she does and I so hope someone will eventually talk (but I doubt it).
These Croslin kids never had a chance thanks to their parents and whoever else were their role models in their life, I do feel some empathy for Misty but unless she really gets an education and some common sense while in prison, she'll probably come out and be just like her parents. What a damn waste this family is.
For Haleigh's sake, I pray someone talks so that she can be brought *home* and laid to rest.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm

I too think that Misty really has told all that she can remember of that night that Haleigh disappeared. Unless she herself deliberately killed her, she probably would not get much more prison time than she already has gotten (for an accidental overdose, being an accessory, for helping cover up something, etc.) That's why I think she has already told everything she can...She would tell more in order to get less time if she could. Unless she did actually kill her and would risk the death penalty if she told that...But I just don't see her as being capable of cold-bloodedly killing Haleigh.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Misty's sentence may be excessive for the charges, but how may criminals get lesser sentences and then get out and commit the same crimes again. IMO, we as contributing members of society are going to protected from her for the next how ever many years she serves. There are too many sentences handed out that aren't near as stiff as they should be and then we have to blog about the person that was released too soon........... Lock her up!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:38 pm

laga wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:7 counts and the two counts in another county and all she gets is 25 years. Welcome to Florida!

Yeah, but Wrap, all she did was sell a few pills to an undercover cop, it's not like she was in on a murder/disappearance of a child or something....:tongue in chee

Oh WAIT, yes she was.

Too bad they can't charge her with something in the disappearance of HaLeigh.
Laga, you got me on that one so badly I almost wet my pants.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:41 pm

BJ♥OR wrote:Misty's sentence may be excessive for the charges, but how may criminals get lesser sentences and then get out and commit the same crimes again. IMO, we as contributing members of society are going to protected from her for the next how ever many years she serves. There are too many sentences handed out that aren't near as stiff as they should be and then we have to blog about the person that was released too soon........... Lock her up!

Oh yes, I agree, lock her up. I'm not saying I don't think she should be locked up. She needs to learn to be her own person, not do drugs, get as educated as she can be, etc, so that when she gets out she won't be one of those people or a partner of one of those people we blog about.

Cummings on the other hand, he just may come out worse.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:47 pm

BJ, I agree to a point, however, as a society I think we would be much better protected from child molesters and murderers than the likes of this uneducated, poor young girl who is obviously a product of her upbringing. I am of the opinion that our judicial system is not in balance, too many times, as you stated, criminals get out and repeat. One reason for lesser sentences and early releases is overcrowding of our jails and lack of money in these departments. The hardened criminals are the ones who know the law and how to use it, those are the real threats to society. The justice system needs a complete overhaul giving rights to victims instead of the criminals having all the rights.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Well, Florida law is much tougher than California law
here she would have gotten maybe 5 years on a first offense for this amount of pills. Its excessive in my estimation. If they can charge her for Haleigh then charge her for Haleigh, but 50 years plus millions in fines for handfull of pills for an 18 year old seems way out of line.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read somewhere that Florida has a mandatory 25 years for this offense? It is because of the import of drugs through FL I believe. The only reason Ronald got less than 25 years was because of the deal he cut.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:16 pm

I think in Florida they have to serve 3/4 of their sentence but not sure - she will be nearly 40 then when we gets out.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:17 pm

artgal16 wrote:Well, Florida law is much tougher than California law
here she would have gotten maybe 5 years on a first offense for this amount of pills. Its excessive in my estimation. If they can charge her for Haleigh then charge her for Haleigh, but 50 years plus millions in fines for handfull of pills for an 18 year old seems way out of line.

In CA I doubt that she would have received anytime. She couldn't have had any criminal record, not as an adult since she just turned 18 and I really think she would have skated here.

Yes, the punishment does not fit the crime but the system is so out of balance that this is going to happen until someone finally gets a clue and does something about it.

This whole thing has backlashed into LE faces, I'm sure they thought these kids would talk, they didn't and now LE/the system, whatever doesn't want egg on their face thus the reason for the tough sentences. But Haleigh had the toughest sentence of them all and we all know this is what it's about.

As far as Misty goes, she's better off in jail, at least she'll have half a chance to come out a different person. Who knows.

I really hope that brother of her's will sing, I doubt that Cummings will.

JMOO of course.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Palatka, FL -- Misty Croslin looks over her shoulder at her father Hank Croslin, Sr. before being sentenced on multiple drug counts at the Putnam County Courthouse on Monday, Jan. 10, 2011.

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 3 Bilde2-1
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:38 pm

God she looks awful. She will either get worse in prison
or better - its going to be her choice.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm

This could really be an opportunity for her to get her life together, if she will just use it for that. At least she is off the streets, and is getting SOME punishment for her part in whatever happened to Haleigh. Maybe she will get some education and some counseling...If only she doesn't get caught up with the wrong crowd in prison. (LOL at myself--Is there a "right crowd" in prison?)
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:09 pm

by Lilone Today at 8:51 pm Through the bars... geez! :roll:
Geez! Sorry for asking such a dumb question. crazy3 crazy 1
:thanks: for helping me out. ❤
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 am

lisette wrote:
If only she doesn't get caught up with the wrong crowd in prison. (LOL at myself--Is there a "right crowd" in prison?)

There's nothing funny in this I realize but Lisette, you have me rolling w/ the' right crowd' in prison. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 am

I am still in shock at the tough sentence handed out to her. In Canada, a "life sentence" for murder is usually 25 years!! I do hope that her jail time will be reduced, and that she will use her time in jail to get her "act" together.

As for Haleigh, I think Misty has told everything she knows & that Joe (sorry, I think I'm getting the names wrong) is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance & most likely death. JMO!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:52 am

Unless she herself deliberately killed her, she probably would not get much more prison time than she already has gotten (for an accidental overdose, being an accessory, for helping cover up something, etc.)
See, I respectfully disagree here. I think if she accidentally overdosed her or was an accessory for helping to cover something up (which MAY be what happened)...she fears she would get more time so just plea guilty to the drug charges and take your best shot.

Artgal, she is NOT getting 50 years. The 25 years she already has is running concurrent w/the 25 years she got today. For good behaviour, she could be out in about 18 or so years. Cummings and Croslin, Jr...maybe 8 or 9 years.

The jails are completely overcrowded in Florida with drug dealers. That is why they allow the first time sexual offender's and other people who have committed heinous crimes out early. They are adamant about keeping the drug dealers locked up. Don't ask my why but that's the way it is in Florida..it has a lot to do w/Cuba and the drug trade IMHO.

I don't think locking Misty up will do her a bit of good. She is probably already in a gang in prison by the looks of the new hairdo and will come out of there a hardened criminal. God only knows where Granny Hollars or her parent's will be at that point.

She needs to be in rehab and get an education and make something of herself. She has no self esteem at all. How could she?

I do NOT think she killed HaLeigh, just like Raine said. I think she was way messed up that night and was literally sleeping through it (remember...she had just come off a 3 day bender) or was in a blackout.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
See, I respectfully disagree here. I think if she accidentally overdosed her or was an accessory for helping to cover something up (which MAY be what happened)...she fears she would get more time so just plea guilty to the drug charges and take your best shot.

IF taking her best shot and if that was on advise of her attorney (I know he didn't have much control over her) it was a pretty bad shot. She could have got something like 240 years if the judge didn't rule on the youthful offender deal for yesterdays charges, but still she has received 25 years in each county to run concurrently, but that's still a sentence of 25 years, for drugs. Excessive (moo).

The jails are completely overcrowded in Florida with drug dealers. That is why they allow the first time sexual offender's and other people who have committed heinous crimes out early. They are adamant about keeping the drug dealers locked up. Don't ask my why but that's the way it is in Florida..it has a lot to do w/Cuba and the drug trade IMHO.

No wonder it seems like there's so many child crimes in FL if that's the way the sentences are handed out, re: let the so's and heinous crime prisoners out early. This is something that needs to come to someones attention! It's because Cuba is so close to Florida and is a communistic country. I cannot explain WHY they let the violent sex offenders out before someone selling drugs. But your right, it has to change!!

I don't think locking Misty up will do her a bit of good. She is probably already in a gang in prison by the looks of the new hairdo and will come out of there a hardened criminal. God only knows where Granny Hollars or her parent's will be at that point.

She needs to be in rehab and get an education and make something of herself. She has no self esteem at all. How could she?

I agree completely about the lack of self esteem, rehab, education, etc., but was there any other way but prison? I really don't know what the prison system is like in FL, do they have rehabs and is/how much education is available? Maybe they should have sent her out of state if something like that is not available. Yes, there is a place in Sanford, FL called "The Bridges" where she could have asked for that in lieu of prison. Maybe she did and they turned her down.

Wrap, I didn't think about the prison gangs, I also didn't get a clue about the braids but I bet you are on the dime! What a waste.

I do NOT think she killed HaLeigh, just like Raine said. I think she was way messed up that night and was literally sleeping through it (remember...she had just come off a 3 day bender) or was in a blackout. [/quote]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:02 am

I am really tired and the post above is Raine and I talking. I could not find the above icon's to assist me. Seriously. crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:20 pm

This case will haunt me to my grave, as I believe she will never be found. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue May 03, 2011 11:27 pm

Misty Croslin: 'I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now'
By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel
7:46 p.m. EDT, May 3, 2011

OCALA — For more than two years, law enforcement has pointed at Misty Croslin as the person who holds the answers to the mystery of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Croslin emerged from obscurity after Haleigh vanished from a rural county about two hours north of Orlando in 2009.

She was a chain-smoking, skinny dropout in Putnam County — a 17-year-old who eventually married Haleigh's father in a ceremony broadcast on national television as the mystery lingered about Ron Cummings' missing daughter.

These days Croslin is 19, heavier, divorced from Cummings and clad in a blue prison uniform in a soon-to-be smoke-free state prison for women in Ocala, where she is serving a 25-year sentence for drug trafficking.

But she still maintains — as she has all along — that she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance from her father's doublewide trailer in February 2009.

"I'm not the key to this at all." she told the Orlando Sentinel in a tearful interview Tuesday at Lowell Correctional Institution Annex. "Because if I knew something, they would've known it from Day One. I just don't understand why they keep saying this about me."

In her first media interview since being convicted of drug-trafficking charges in January, Croslin blamed her former husband's risky lifestyle as a drug dealer for his daughter's disappearance, alleging that Ronald Cummings' many enemies and debts may have provoked a kidnapping.

Cummings, who is serving a 15-year sentence for drug trafficking in a Tallahassee-area prison, has previously said he doesn't know what happened to his daughter.

Also Tuesday, Croslin revealed details about clues she gave to investigators.

Croslin said a stranger approached Cummings after Haleigh vanished and told him the "Mexicans" have her. But she did not know who the man was or his connection to the family. Cummings, she said, owes money to people who supported his drug habit and may have taken the girl for ransom.

She said she also received a letter and photo from a man who claimed he had recently seen Haleigh in Kentucky.

But Maj. Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff''s Office said Misty remains the focus.

"Any leads we are given we follow up in detail," Bowling said. "From the difficulty we are having with the case — filling in the details between 9 p.m. Feb. 9 and 3 a.m. on Feb. 10 — we feel strongly Croslin has the information" that could reveal how and when Haleigh went missing.

Detectives have long claimed Croslin is withholding information and has given inconsistent statements. She said she is just as clueless as everyone else with regards to Haleigh's whereabouts.

"I know and God knows that I didn't do anything wrong. As long as I know, that's all that matters," Croslin said. "There are so many stories going around that it's unreal."

Croslin said she fell asleep with the then 5-year-old at the Satsuma home they shared with Ronald Cummings before she vanished.

The details of what happened that night are muddled, but about 3 a.m. the next day, Croslin said she awoke to find the girl missing.

"It's hurting me every day to know I was the last one with her," she said. "I've been locked down for 15 months trying to think of any little thing. There's nothing, though."

No one has been charged in the case, which deputies have classified as a homicide. Croslin said she wants to shift the focus away from her to the Cummings family.

Ron Cummings introduced her to prescription drugs and betrayed the love she gave to his children, she said.

"I cared for his kids," she said. "I'd give my life for Haleigh to come home now."

Though she admits she made mistakes, Croslin reckons she has been unduly judged: "I just know in my heart I am not this person they put me out to be."

She is appealing her sentence, saying she doesn't deserve more time than her co-defendants—including Cummings, her brother Hank Croslin Jr. and two others.

"It's been really hard, but I have to keep myself strong [because] I'm not going to give up," she said defiantly, adding that she isn't a drug dealer. "I'm going to fight to find Haleigh regardless. I'm never going to give up on her. The only reason I'm being strong right now is for her."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-misty-croslin-prison-interview-20110504,0,7575813.story

Interesting video of Misty with the article...I just don't know whether to believe her or not!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 04, 2011 12:09 am

Misty looks the best I have ever seen her look. I completely believed her in this interview. Completely. She made perfect sense. I feel for her. She has had a shit life with literally NO parental guidance.

See what you think!

(I cannot get the above video to embed!!! Of all video's, this is a definite Must See!! Please click on the link on Lisette's post to view it. I would love anyone's take on it. Thanks!)
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed May 04, 2011 1:19 am

I'm sorry, but I can't believe anything she says after all the crap she has spewed in the past.

I think she looks like she hasn't had any drugs in awhile. She always looked messed up to me, with her eyes half open and dilated. In this video, she looked healthy and clean.

Are we to now believe that the previous stories she told were lies and this one is the truth? Why? Her credibility stinks.

I wonder if the story about the "Mexicans" having Haleigh was all about someone trying to extort money from Ronald. Boy, what could they have been thinkin'?
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 04, 2011 1:29 am

I believe that this could be viable..the Mexicans/Ron/drugs/HaLeigh gone.

I seriously think if Ron was physically abusing her, she was scared of him and that is why she changed her story so many times. Plus, as she admitted...she was also messed up on pills. I think she failed the poly's because she Did know more than she was saying. She did not tell LE (as far as we know) about the Mexicans. She probably didn't dare tell LE that Ron was abusive to her and the kids. Crystal said the same thing, and I have zero doubt that he was an abusive ass.

I never thought I would say that I believe Misty..but I do now. What really got me is when she said she kept calling Ron and he wouldn't answer the phone. Then, when he came home, he was messed up and didn't seem to care. We heard him on the 911 call. Was that staged? And the next day falling down and crying those Crock-a-dile tears? B.S. Hell, he could have gotten off work early and given the Mexican's his daughter to pay off his debt. That is something I never thought of before.

She is healthy and clean now and seems to be making sense. When she said she felt like she was back at home living w/her parents due to Ron's pill habit, that made me really feel for her. There is no doubt in my mind that she was speaking the absolute truth about her parents. I wonder what has become of them.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 am

How in the world did you do it? I tried numerous times.
Thanks so much!!

OK, BJ. Just saying Misty is full of b.s. doesn't cut it. You know how I feel about this case. This was an important interview in my mind.

Specifically WHY do you think she is full of b.s. as it pertains to this interview?

TIA!!!!

p.s. It is soooo good to have you back!! I know you had a lot going on. The board is just not the same without you!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 am

I can't tell you. You know what would happen to you if I did!
frying pan Electric Chair
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 am

First Misty said the Mexicans took Misty.
Then Misty said she doesn't know who took Haleigh.
Ron abused all of them. I guess that's why she was so anxious to tie the knot with him. She's as dumb as lint on a door knob.

Last edited by BJ on Wed May 04, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed May 04, 2011 3:57 am

While I agree with you BJ that she's as dumb as link on a door knob (love the way you put that!), I believe her too. I used to think the she just couldn't remember because of drugs/alcohol and that may still be true but she doesn't have anything to lose this time by talking. If she knew anything about Haleigh I tend to think she would have talked at least by the time she knew she was really going to prison. I've said before that this girl never had a chance w/ the parents and upbringing she had and I still believe it. I thought she was guilty as sin of being involved somehow in Haleigh's disappearance even up to the point she entered state prison but maybe the only thing she's guilty of is falling into that lifestyle and being so thick with those people. She probably looks healthier than she has in her entire life and I think prison agrees with her.
I wonder if anyone has tried to interview Ron, if they have I bet he refused. He's going to do his time with his lips sealed, I think he has way more to be quiet about than I used to think.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 6:04 am

I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. I feel no pity or sorrow for her. I will always feel she is to blame (not solely) for HaLeigh being gone. It happened on her watch. Misty saying she was the one taking care of the kids 24/7 and the rest of the family did nothing.....
Lies
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 04, 2011 10:31 am

lindamarie wrote:I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. I feel no pity or sorrow for her. I will always feel she is to blame (not solely) for HaLeigh being gone. It happened on her watch. Misty saying she was the one taking care of the kids 24/7 and the rest of the family did nothing.....
Lies
LM, for all practical purposes, she WAS taking care of the kids 24/7. Remember, Mother Teresa and Great Grandma Sykes said she is just Great with the kids and they trust her and that the kids just adore her.

Ron was working swing shift. He would come home with his beer and smokes, most likely pop a bunch of pills and stay up till about 6 or 7 and then pass out. In that four or five hour span once he got off work, the kids were asleep so he and Misty were also smoking pot and popping pills. She then would drive HaLeigh to school, come back and take care of Jr. while he slept. He would get up (probably hung over) and be in a piss poor mood. This is when the abuse would go on. Also, before he went to bed. On his days off, he most likely got f'd up all day and if the kids (in particular HaLeigh as he "loved her so much" umno ) popped off or did something he didn't like, she most likely was getting smacked around. We have all seen the pics and no way do I buy all those injuries happened at school.

As far as the rest of the family..they were good about making sure HaLeigh, Jr. and Ron had clean clothes. I think it's safe to say that Teresa and Annette Sykes babied and enabled Ron his entire life, so he grew up thinking all the domestic stuff, including taking care of kids, is women's work. He is the poster boy for domestic violence, and on a personal note, I know the "swing shift" scenario very well. It's like being in hell an you start counting the hours "he" w/be home, dreading the hell out of it.

Also, keep in mind that Misty was only 16 when she met Ron. She had/has literally NO role models and grew up with parents who are drug addicts and alcoholics.

I was saddened when she talked about school and how much shame she felt that she would be asked to stand up in class and she couldn't read. I doubt very much her parents were there for her, coaching her in her younger years teaching her the "ABS's" or how to write her name, count, etc. I get the impression she and her brothers were left alone a lot and also I would bet that her first introduction to pot was via her own parents.

That being said..I question also if she was the last person to see HaLeigh.

And, Raine brought up some great points.

I used to think the she just couldn't remember because of drugs/alcohol and that may still be true but she doesn't have anything to lose this time by talking. If she knew anything about Haleigh I tend to think she would have talked at least by the time she knew she was really going to prison. I've said before that this girl never had a chance w/ the parents and upbringing she had and I still believe it. I thought she was guilty as sin of being involved somehow in Haleigh's disappearance even up to the point she entered state prison but maybe the only thing she's guilty of is falling into that lifestyle and being so thick with those people.

Also, IF Ron ever agrees to an interview, it will be one big load of b.s. He thinks he is Mr. Tough Guy. He is nothing but a spoiled, drug addicted alcoholic and an enormous loser! I literally cannot stand to look at him or hear him talk.

I am putting this here as a reminder. I love the narration/view above their heads! It is evident here she is scared to death of him and is afraid to say anything. She seems completely intimidated by him. I get chills watching this girl and this interview.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed May 04, 2011 2:18 pm

I haven't seen that video in a couple of years, it is interesting to go back and see. I do think (now) that Ron had orchestrated that whole interview, Misty looking at him a couple of times when she said something or him staring at her with those eyes, and trying to speak up when the interviewer was asking Misty the questions. Misty looks like she's trying to ball up in that chair like kids do when they're scared.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 3 Empty 2 years later Misty Interviewed

Post by trishd54 Thu May 05, 2011 10:02 am

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/05/04/Woman-denies-knowledge-of-missing-girl/UPI-23531304536429/

She still claims she had nothing to do with it! But, she also says she only smoked Marijuana but in one of the undercover tapes didn't she take a pill right on camera?
trishd54
trishd54

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next