Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Go down

Normal Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Post by artgal16 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 pm

PALATKA, Fla. -- The father of missing Florida girl Haleigh Cummings' trial on unrelated drug charges did not start Monday morning as expected.

Both the state and defense attorneys asked for another 30 days so they could continue working on a plea deal.

Ronald Cummings, along with four others, was arrested in January on charges of trafficking in prescription medication.

His next pre-trial plea date is now set for Aug. 20.
source
http://www.wesh.com/news/24309699/detail.html
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Haleigh's dad reaches tentative plea in drug cases/ Judge sets Aug. 20 date to hear the deal

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Posted: July 19, 2010 - 9:56am

JON M. FLETCHER/The Times-Union

Ronald Cummings, father of Haleigh Cummings, enters the Putnam County Courtroom of Judge Terry LaRue in shackles this morning. Cummings had his pre-trial plea on drug trafficking charges set to August 20.
Photobucket

By Dana Treen
A tentative plea agreement was reached this morning in the prescription drug-trafficking charges of Ronald Cummings, whose daughter Haleigh has been missing for more than a year in a high-profile Putnam County case.

In a seven-minute court appearance, Cummings attorney said his client has agreed to offer a plea in three of the five cases. The state may drop the remaining two in the deal.

Cummings, 26, is scheduled to return to court Aug. 20.

Photos: Ronald Cummings' Pre-Trial Plea Set

Which of the five cases might be dropped was not disclosed in the session before Circuit Judge Terry LaRue.

Attorneys in the case asked for the extension to work out details of the settlement.

Cummings was arrested in January in an undercover narcotics operation that also captured his former wife and others who were connected to Haleigh's case.

Haleigh, who was 5 when she disappeared in February 2009, has not been found.

Misty Croslin, who was married to Cummings for a brief time after the disappearance and who was watching Haleigh the night she vanished, is one of those arrested in the drug case.

Her attorney, Robert Fields, said Cummings' agreement will not change how Croslin's case is handled.

"Ronald's obviously cutting a deal to testify against her," he said.

Cummings' mother, grandmother and sister were among those in the courtroom.

After the hearing, his grandmother, Annette Sykes, said the family was hoping for the best.

"We want what's best for Ronald," she said.

The family is planning an Aug. 10 vigil for Haleigh, marking 18 months since she disappeared.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-07-19/story/haleigh-cummings-father-reaches-tentative-plea-drug-cases

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal proposed plea deal

Post by Nama on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:30 pm

The proposed plea deal will give Ronald Cummings a sentence of 15 years instead of 25. Ronald Cummings will take the stand on August 20th but his sentencing will be delayed until after Misty Croslin goes on trial. The hope is that Ron Cummings will give incriminating testimony against Misty that will help their case regarding her involvement in Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance. Misty Croslin is scheduled for trial on August 23.

2010.http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=8118

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 pm

I would love to know what incriminating evidence Ron could give against Misty, since he made the choice to leave his children with her. BS

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:22 am

I know wrap. No matter how hard Ron tries he will never be able to explain away him leaving his children with Misty.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:13 am

Cummings plea deal takes shape

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:28 AM EDT

Ronald Cummings sat silently Monday morning in a Putnam County courtroom as his attorney discussed a potential plea bargain in the drug case that landed the Satsuma man in jail months ago.

Cummings is widely known as the father of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who vanished in February 2009.

Although not considered a suspect in his daughter's disappearance, Cummings and four others were arrested in January on charges of trafficking in prescription drugs. Authorities released videos of several undercover transactions.

On Monday, officials discussed a plea agreement to drop two of the five trafficking charges faced by the 26-year-old.

Cummings will plead guilty to three other drug trafficking charges, his attorney said.

"He would plead to the three lesser charges," defense Terry Shoemaker said after Monday's hearing in Palatka. "And part of the plea agreement is that he would plead guilty."

Shoemaker is hoping Cummings will only receive 15 years after the plea deal is made with the state, with the two higher charges - which would mandate a 25-year minimum sentence - dropped.

That would happen Shoemaker said, in exchange "for giving all information he has regarding everything and anything they ask him."

Shoemaker could not specify what that would entail, but he said that it would encompass, "everything that is pending throughout the whole year and a half."

Cummings would also give "substantial assistance" in the narcotics case, and depending on the state's needs, testify against 18-year-old Misty Croslin if she goes to trial on the drug charges.

Croslin was babysitting Haleigh when the child disappeared from her Satsuma home. No sign of the blonde-haired kindergartner has been located despite massive searches on land and water.

The case remains an on-going investigation since it was deemed a homicide in April, with investigators repeating that Croslin is the key to the solving the case.

Croslin faces eight counts of trafficking following the narcotics investigation, with the last chance to take a negotiated plea Aug. 16.

Her brother Hank Croslin Jr., 23, pleaded no contest to two counts of trafficking and faces up to 30 years, while 18-year-old Hope Sykes, Cummings' cousin, has received 15-years for one count of trafficking in hydrocodone.

Despite the case being labeled a homicide, the Cummings family still holds hope that Haleigh is alive.

"If you don't have some sort of proof to show me that my great-granddaughter is no longer alive, then don't expect me to just take your word for it," Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great-grandmother, said Monday following the hearing. "We are looking for a live little girl."

Sykes also believes Croslin has information to Haleigh's whereabouts.

"I'm sure she knows something.There has been so many lies told one after another and you don't know what to believe anymore - it is just unreal," Sykes said.

Shoemaker alluded that Cummings may hold similar feelings about the case.

"I think that he believes that law enforcement is heading down the right track," Shoemaker said. "Who all is involved, he doesn't know."

Cummings' family and the mother and father of Croslin were in attendance Monday at the hearing conducted by Circuit Judge Terry LaRue.

LaRue set the plea date for Cummings for Aug. 20 at 11 a.m.

"We would just like to get it settled but we want what's best for Ronald," Sykes said. "I hope they get something worked out."

Teresa Neves, Cummings' mother, added that "he's doing the best he can."

"He doesn't know where Haleigh is and that's the number one thing on his mind," she said.

Neves said she is taking events one day at a time.

"This is a very hard thing," she said. "It's hard to lose your granddaughter and then to look at this for your son."

Oh please. If he was so concerned about his children, he would have made sure they were taken care of by a responsible, drug free ADULT. And how could the grandparents and great grandparents allow their grandchildren to be "taken care of by Misty"?

Sadly, by the time Ron gets out of prison, Jr. will be a teen who will hardly remember him. Ggma Sykes will probably have passed, and Mother Teresa will probably be in a mental ward because IMO, HaLeigh is dead, has been dead since Feb. 9, 2009. I doubt anyone will every find her as I think the gators took her away and Misty was too wasted to remember what happened and we will never know the truth. This is my opinion only.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Wrap, I think Ron's testimony against Misty would be in regard to the drug case, not Haleigh's disappearance, since she has not been charged with anything in Haleigh's case...He should be charged with child neglect for leaving his children with a drug addict.. I guess they don't really have any proof that she was using that night, or that she was not asleep when Haleigh was taken, as she claims.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:11 pm

They have proof that Misty was living with Ron, and that Misty (at the time) was only 17.

I just found it strange that Ron's attorney (who has put on weight and looks like he's ready to kill!) said it would include the last year and a half. Why would he say that since that is the length of time HaLeigh has been gone.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ron Cummings May Take Plea Deal in Court Today

Post by Nama on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:38 am

Ron Cummings, the father of Haleigh Cummings is in court today for an expected plea deal on drug charges.

His hearing is expected to begin at 11 a.m. in the Putnam County Courthouse. Cummings may enter a plea.

Cummings, whose daughter Haleigh was taken from their home in February 2009, was arrested in January along with four other people on drug charges.

His ex-wife Misty Croslin entered a "no contest" plea to the charges against her. She will learn her sentence in October.

Her brother Tommy Croslin was sentenced to 15 years in prison on his charges.

All three are central figures in the search for Haleigh Cummings.

This week, attorneys for both Misty and Tommy Croslin spoke out about the events leading up to the disappearance of Haleigh.

Misty's attorney said Misty hid under the covers as the child was taken, and Tommy's attorney said Tommy believes Haleigh was strangled that night.

She has not been found, and the reward being offered has now topped $30,000.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=163798&catid=3

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Ronald Cummings, whose daughter has been missing for more than 18 months, pleaded guilty this morning to three drug trafficking charges and agreed to testify for the state in future cases involving the drug cases or the missing girl.

Cummings, 26, will be sentenced Sept. 24 and is expected to get 15 years in prison.

Shoemaker said Cummings will testify at any upcoming trials and will continue to cooperate with the investigation of Haleigh's case. The Croslins were arrested in the trafficking case with Cummings.

Cummings' plea today was in three of five prescription drug trafficking cases he was arrested for in January at the end of a monthlong investigation. In exchange for the plea, the state will drop two charges.

The Croslins and two others were arrested in the same drug sting. Misty Croslin has pleaded no contest to eight charges and Croslin Jr. has been sentenced to 15 years in prison on one charge.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-08-20/story/ronald-cummings-pleads-guilty-drug-trafficking-case

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. Bilde
Ronald Cummings enters a plea of guilty on three counts of drug trafficking at the Putnam County Courthouse Friday, Aug. 20, 2010.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100820/ARTICLES/100829978/1002

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Haleigh Cummings' dad pleads guilty in drug case

Related Content
http://www.jacksonville.com
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The father of a missing North Florida girl pleaded guilty Friday to drug trafficking charges.

Ronald Cummings pleaded guilty to three of five charges against him and agreed to testify for the state in future cases involving the drug counts or his missing daughter, Haleigh.

Haleigh was 5 when she was reported missing from Cummings' mobile home in Satsuma in February 2009.
Cummings, his ex-wife, her brother and two others were arrested in an undercover drug sting by St. Johns and Putnam County detectives. Cummings, 26, will be sentenced Sept. 24.

Cummings' ex-wife, Misty Croslin, was watching Haleigh the night she disappeared. Croslin and her brother have pleaded no contest to the drug charges.
This week, attorneys for the Croslins have said their cousin from Tennessee, Joe Overstreet, was responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.

According to the attorneys, the Croslins say Overstreet was at the mobile home with them the night Haleigh vanished, looking for a machine gun. The Croslins said he put the girl in a bag and dumped her into the St. Johns River.

Overstreet has not been charged in the case, and his attorney has said he had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

Following the hearing Friday, Cummings' attorney said Haleigh's father is having a hard time believing the information from Croslins' attorneys. b.s.!!

"Ronald has a hard time understanding why a person who wanted to steal a gun would steal a child instead," Cummings' attorney Terry Shoemaker.
Shoemaker said Cummings will testify at any upcoming trials and will continue to cooperate with the investigation of Haleigh's case.
The other two charges against Cummings will be dropped.
Haleigh remains missing. Investigators won't discuss any information about the case.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/20/1784684/haleigh-cummings-reportedly-taken.html#ixzz0xHfMp6X9

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 am

ByJeff Hess
@ September 23, 2010 7:50 PM

Ronald Cummings is expected to be sentenced on Friday.

Last month he pleaded guilty to three drug traffic charges. Two other charges were dropped. He could face up to 90 years in prison.

He is the fourth person sentenced as part of a January drug sting.

He also agreed to testify as part of any trial related to the disappearance of his daughter Haleigh Cummings.

The last person to see Haleigh, Misty Croslin, will be sentenced on drug charges next month.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/09/cummings-to-be-sentenced.html

This should be good!! Mother Teresa and GGMA Sykes w/be there. I blame him for leaving his children w/a drug addicted teen!!

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:55 am

What can I say. He is a rat and knows a lot more than he has said.

Now to save his own hide he is going to tell more.

Funny he didn't do that for his little missing daughter Haleigh when he might have saved her skin.

I have absolutely no use for him or momma him. They both let Haleigh down. They knew the circumstances they let Misty watch the kids just coming off a drug high weekend.

I hope they throw away the key.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 am

Haleigh Cummings case: Missing girl’s dad to be sentenced on drug charges Friday

On Friday, the father of missing Satsuma, Florida girl, Haleigh Cummings is scheduled to be sentenced on drug charges.

In August, Ronald Cummings pleaded guilty to three drug trafficking charges. According to WOKV, two additional charges against Cummings were dropped.

In May, Cummings agreed to a plea deal in exchange for his testimony in the case. In so doing, he will testify against Misty Croslin, his ex-wife and the woman who was taking care of his daughter the night she disappeared.

In February 2009, while Cummings was at work, Misty claims she woke up to use the bathroom, found the back door of the mobile home propped open with a brick, and discovered Haleigh -- then 5 years old -- was gone. Authorities have kept a close eye on Misty due to her inconsistent statements about that night.

In January, Cummings and his cousin Hope Sykes, Misty and her brother Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr., and two others were arrested for trafficking prescription drugs.

Cummings has now agreed to serve 15 years behind bars in exchange for testifying against Misty -- who he married and then divorced in 2009 -- and her brother Tommy regarding the drug case. Without the deal, WOKV reports that Cummings could face 90 years in prison.

Although Haleigh's disappearance and the drug bust are two different cases, authorities have stated they hope the arrests lead to finding the little girl.

Haleigh has blond hair and brown eyes and is 3 feet tall. Anyone with information regarding the case is urged to call the Putnam County Sheriff's Office 1-386-329-0800.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/haleigh-cummings-case-missing-girl-s-dad-to-be-sentenced-on-drug-charges-friday

I don't get this. He better have some damn good information on her to get a 90 year sentence reduced to 15 years. And, I agree, Jeanne..WHY is he NOW speaking up against his ex wife after all this time? I hope this is televised on True TV.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 am

PALATKA, Fla. -- The father of the little girl who vanished in 2009, sparking an Amber alert that thrust the town of Satsuma into the national spotlight has learned his sentence on drug charges.
Photobucket

Ronald Cummings agreed to plead guilty to three of the five drug cases against him in August, in exchange for two of the cases being dropped.

This morning, he was sentenced to three years and a $50,000 fine, 15 years and a $100,000 fine, and 15 years in the three cases, to be served concurrently

Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin and three other people were arrested in January on drug trafficking charges.

Croslin entered a no-contest plea in August and awaits sentencing in October, where she could be sentenced anywhere from about six years to 240 years.

Croslin was the last person to see Cummings' daughter in Feb. 2009, when she was babysitting Haleigh Cummings in The Cummings' Satsuma home.

Haleigh disappeared and has been the subject of a nationwide Amber alert since, though the sheriff has said he believes her to be dead.

Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said in August that Misty had finally opened up about what happened that night, saying her brother and cousin took Haleigh.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=17

15 years seems to be the magical number..and he has to pay a $150,000 fine? LMAO!! He will have to get out at age 40 (Jr. w/be grown had have no memory of him, Thank God!) and start selling pills to pay off his fine!
Sarcasm

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:30 am

Ronald Cummings pleads guilty in drug trafficking case
He agreed to testify in other cases if asked.
Posted: August 20, 2010 - 12:25pm

Ronald Cummings (center) turns to his attorney Terry Shoemaker (left) while being led out of the courtroom. Ronald Cummings pleaded guilty to three counts of drug trafficking at the Putnam County Courthouse on Friday in Palatka. BRUCE LIPSKY/The Times-Union
BRUCE LIPSKY/The Times-Union

Ronald Cummings, whose daughter has been missing for more than 18 months, pleaded guilty this morning to three drug trafficking charges and agreed to testify for the state in future cases involving the drug cases or the missing girl.

Cummings, 26, will be sentenced Sept. 24 and is expected to get 15 years in prison.

Following the hearing, Cummings' attorney said his client is having a hard time believing accusations this week that his daughter, Haleigh, was abducted and killed by a man visiting from Tennessee.

Misty Croslin, Cummings' former girlfriend and wife, and her brother Hank "Tommy Croslin Jr. have told authorities their cousin Joe Overstreet was responsible for Haleigh's disappearance in February 2009.

The Croslins said Overstreet was at the mobile home with them the night she disappeared and that he put her in a bag and dumped her in the St. Johns River after a machine gun he wanted was not at Cummings' Satsuma mobile home.

"Ronald has a hard time understanding why a person who wanted to steal a gun would steal a child instead," attorney Terry Shoemaker said of the accusations made public this week by the Croslins' attorneys.

Shoemaker said Cummings will testify at any upcoming trials and will continue to cooperate with the investigation of Haleigh's case. The Croslins were arrested in the trafficking case with Cummings.

Cummings' most valuable testimony may be in the form of a timeline concerning the days and weeks leading up to Haleigh's disappearance, Shoemaker said. Law enforcement officials have said Cummings is not a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance.

She has not been found.

Cummings' plea today was in three of five prescription drug trafficking cases he was arrested for in January at the end of a monthlong investigation. In exchange for the plea, the state will drop two charges.

The Croslins and two others were arrested in the same drug sting. Misty Croslin has pleaded no contest to eight charges and Croslin Jr. has been sentenced to 15 years in prison on one charge.

Photobucket
Haleigh Cummings' mother Crystal Sheffield (left) waits for her ex-husband to arrive in court. Ronald Cummings pleaded guilty to three counts of drug trafficking at the Putnam County Courthouse on Friday in Palatka.

Photobucket
Ronald Cummings' mother Teresa Neves (left) and sister Crystal Cummings leave the Putnam County Courrthouse. Ronald Cummings pleaded guilty to three counts of drug trafficking at the Putnam County Courthouse on Friday in Palatka.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-08-20/story/ronald-cummings-pleads-guilty-drug-trafficking-case

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:36 am

Haleigh's Dad Sentenced To 15 Years
Father Of Missing Girl Could Have Faced Up To 90 Years In Prison

POSTED: Friday, September 24, 2010

PALATKA, Fla. -- Ronald Cummings, the father of a girl who disappeared 19 months ago, will serve 15 years in prison and is fined $200,000 for selling prescription drugs.

Ronald Cummings, along with his ex-wife, Misty Cummings, her brother, Hank Croslin Jr., and two other people were arrested in January on drug trafficking charges after an undercover drug sting by St. Johns and Putnam County detectives.

Misty and Hank have pleaded no contest to the charges. Croslin received a 15-year sentence and Misty Cummings faces sentencing in October.

Ronald Cummings, 26, who pleaded guilty in August, could have faced a maximum of 90 years in prison, but reached an agreement with prosecutors that two of five charges he faced would be dropped in exchange for Cummings testifying in any future criminal trial involving the disappearance of his daughter.

At a 15-minute sentencing hearing Friday morning, the state did not call any witnesses, but Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, did make a brief, tearful plea for mercy for her son.

Judge Terry LaRue then sentenced Cummings to two 15-year and one seven-year sentence, but will allow the time to be served concurrently. Larue also sentenced Cummings to pay a $200,000 fine plus court costs, but that could be modified later by a civil judge.

Haleigh Cummings
An Amber Alert was issued Feb. 10, 2009, for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings
MORE ONLINE:
Haleigh Cummings Disappearance Timeline
Tour Of Satsuma Home Where Haleigh Disappeared
All three defendants are central figures in the disappearance of Ronald Cummings' 5-year-old daughter in February 2009. After an Amber Alert, weeks of exhaustive searching and an investigation involving more than 4,000 leads, Haleigh remains missing. In April, the Putnam County sheriff said she is likely dead and described the case as a homicide investigation.

Terry Shoemaker, Ronald Cummings' attorney, told Channel 4's Tarik Minor that his client isn't buying his ex-wife and brother-in-law's account of Haleigh's disappearance, saying a cousin from Tennessee went to Cummings' mobile home to retrieve a gun and took Haleigh instead.

That cousin, Joe Overstreet, has been questioned at least twice by detectives, but never charged or named a suspect in Haleigh's case.

"Ronald has a hard time believing someone would go to the house to get a gun and take a child instead," Shoemaker said. "He questions that aspect of it."

Shoemaker said that if Haleigh's body is never found but police are able to make an arrest, testimony may be the basis of a criminal prosecution. He said Ronald Cummings' relationships with each party is important in developing a timeline leading up to Haleigh's disappearance.

tiny 4 logoChannel 4's Steve Douglas is in Palatka getting reaction to this latest development in the case. This story will be updated throughout the day, with the next live report on the local station at 5 p.m.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/25142768/detail.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 am

PALATKA, Fla. -- The father of the little girl who vanished in 2009, sparking an Amber alert that thrust the town of Satsuma into the national spotlight has learned his sentence on drug charges.

Ronald Cummings agreed to plead guilty to three of the five drug cases against him in August, in exchange for two of the cases being dropped.

This morning, he was sentenced to three years and a $50,000 fine, 15 years and a $100,000 fine, and 15 years in the three cases, to be served concurrently.

He faced a maximum of 70 years if sentenced to the max on all three cases to be served consecutively.

The concurrent sentences mean he faces 15 years total.

His mother took the stand this morning to plea for leniency in the sentence.

"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."

Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin and three other people were arrested in January on drug trafficking charges.

Croslin entered a no-contest plea in August and awaits sentencing in October, where she could be sentenced anywhere from about six years to 240 years.

Croslin was the last person to see Cummings' daughter in Feb. 2009, when she was babysitting Haleigh Cummings in The Cummings' Satsuma home.

Haleigh disappeared and has been the subject of a nationwide Amber alert since, though the sheriff has said he believes her to be dead.

Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said in August that Misty had finally opened up about what happened that night, saying her brother and cousin took Haleigh.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:13 am

No surprise to me. Thanks for posting this information.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:29 am

His mother took the stand this morning to plea for leniency in the sentence.
"He is a good father, he has two children," said Teresa Neves. "We might not know where one is, but he has two children."
Can Teresa count? Ron is the father of three children.

Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. AmberandherbabyJordon
Ronald Cummings dated Amber, pictured above with her's & Ron's son, Jordon, in undated photo. This photo is posted on Amber's abandoned MySpace page. The last log in date was April 30, 2008 where she listed her age as 19.

Misty and Ron have been dating for 5 months when Haleigh went missing. Reportedly, they met when Misty Croslin was babysitting for Amber.
http://www.crimeseekers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=770

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:49 am

I guess Mother Teresa doesn't recognize Jordan. What a shame!!

Haleigh Cummings' father sentenced to 15 years for drug trafficking

Ronald Cummings was sentenced to 15 years in prison and ordered to pay $250,000 in fines today in connection with his drug- trafficking case, prosecutors said.

Ronald Cummings, the father of missing North Florida child Haleigh Cummings, was sentenced to 15 years in prison and ordered to pay $250,000 in fines today in connection with his drug- trafficking case, prosecutors said

Last month, Cummings pleaded guilty to three counts of trafficking in hydrocodone. His sentence came this morning during a hearing in Putnam County before Circuit Judge Terry Larue.

Two trafficking counts were dropped as part of Cummings' plea agreement and he has agreed to "provide truthful testimony" in future cases, including the one involving his daughter's disappearance, said Christopher Kelly, assistant state attorney and spokesman with the 7th Circuit State Attorney's Office.

Haleigh Cummings was a 5-year-old when she disappeared in February 2009. She has not been found.

Misty Croslin, the woman at home with the child the night she disappeared, was also involved in the drug-trafficking case. She faces a lengthy prison sentence for pleading no contest to six counts of trafficking in hydrocodone and two counts of trafficking in oxycodone.

She has separate, tentative sentencing dates of Oct. 4 and Oct. 8 in those cases.

Recently, an attorney said his client saw Haleigh Cummings taken from her Satsuma home in a bag last year. Attorney James Werter has said Hank Croslin Jr. and his cousin, Joe Overstreet, drove the girl to a Putnam County boat ramp, where she was dumped into the St. Johns River.

Werter said Croslin and Overstreet went to the mobile home where Haleigh was being watched by Croslin's sister, Misty Croslin.

He said Hank Croslin described the girl as limp and quiet. Neither man has been charged in the case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-haleigh-cummings-father-sentenced-20100924,0,1041453.story

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 am

Well, for at least 15 years Ron won't be fathering any more children and that's a blessing. :cheering:

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:28 am

Wonder if Mother T and clan are even allowed to see Jordan. If Jordan were my son or grandson there is no way I would want him exposed to the bad influence of Jordan's family on Ron's side.
Notice how Amber, Jordan's mom, has that same washed out look that Crystal had in pics from the Ron era and how Misty C looked washed out, plain, at the beginning of this tragedy.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjustice37 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:21 pm

what a surprise!
ladyjustice37
ladyjustice37

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 pm

LOL, I posted that pic upthread.

Amber is good friends with that Nay Nay drug addict and both have been in and out of the slammer. I don't think Amber is a very good mother. I believe she also lives with the grandmother and the grandmother has custody.

NO Ron or Tommy for 15 years. I w/probably be crooning with Eddie Fischer by that time. And, I have a feeling Misty will get more than the standard 15.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Wrapitup wrote:LOL, I posted that pic upthread.

Amber is good friends with that Nay Nay drug addict and both have been in and out of the slammer. I don't think Amber is a very good mother. I believe she also lives with the grandmother and the grandmother has custody.

NO Ron or Tommy for 15 years. I w/probably be crooning with Eddie Fischer by that time. And, I have a feeling Misty will get more than the standard 15.
I deleted the duplicate picture. I wonder if there was no DNA test done and that is why the Cummings Family ignores Jordan?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 pm

I wonder if 15 years will be enough to wipe that smirk off of Rons face?

Teresa looks terrible. She is almost bald and her arm appears in some kind of splint?

Of that 15 years how much do you think he will really serve? I hope the full 15.

You are right no more poor little kids from Ron Cummings. That in itsself is a blessing.

I guess justice might be slow but it is swift once it gets going.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Haleigh's father sent to prison for 15 years
Posted: September 24, 2010 - 10:26am

By Dana Treen

PALATKA — Ronald Cummings will spend 15 years in prison for taking part in a string of drug deals selling prescription pills.

Cummings, 26, was sentenced this morning in Palatka on three of five counts of dealing that were recorded in an undercover operation that also arrested his former wife and three others.

Photos: Ronald Cummings sentenced to 15 years
http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1082824&CategoryID=9088&ListSubAlbums=0
(must-see photo's)

Cummings, whose daughter Haleigh disappeared in February 2009, didn't comment to the judge in the 15-minute hearing.

His mother, Teresa Neves, told the court her son was a good man and father who had made bad decisions.

Circuit Judge Terry LaRue didn't comment on the case other than to impose sentences of 15 years apiece on two counts and three years on a third count to run concurrently. Two cases were dropped by prosecutors.

Cummings was the only person involved in the case to get a plea deal. His ex-wife, Misty Croslin, still faces sentencing in eight prescription drug-trafficking charges. Three others, including Croslin's brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes and Misty Croslin's friend Donna Brock have all been sentenced to 15 years apiece.

Following the sentencing, Cummings' attorney, Terry Shoemaker, said he thought Ronald's willingness to testify in any cases involving Haleigh's disappearance or the drug cases played a role in the state's willingness to make a deal. Cummings could have been sentenced to 30 years concurrently for the three counts.

Shoemaker said prosecutors may have been sympathetic that Cummings' daughter disappeared. Her case has not been solved and investigators believe the 5-year-old who vanished from Cummings' Satsuma mobile home where she was being watched by Croslin is dead.

Shoemaker said the minimum mandatory 15 years is still a steep sentence, but it's the law.

Family members sobbed and hugged after the sentencing. Cummings also was fined $250,000.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-09-24/story/cummings-spend-15-years-prison

I don't get this...did Ron give the State some new news regarding Misty the night HaLeigh disappeared? If so, how does this help to convict Misty for either killing or knowing what happened to HaLeigh?
Color me confused!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. A1  Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. A2  Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. A3  Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. 31714527E  Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. A4  Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. A5  Ronald Cummings, Father of Haleigh Cummings, Gets Sentenced to 15 years in prison. A6

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:48 pm

I was not surprised to see Crystal Sheffield at Ron's hearing and sentencing. Her hair is shorter and darker and she looks older. I do wonder what the tears are for. Joy? Sadness? Relief?

And, did Mother Teresa really think her dear baby boy, Ron, would get off on the drug charges? I am sick of her and her sobby face.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 pm

His mother, Teresa Neves, told the court her son was a good man and father who had made bad decisions.
I have a feeling that Ron may have learned to make bad decisions by watching his mother.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 pm

I would say by watching the whole family. His sister w/the corn rows (in the past) has served some time herself.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:01 am

Ronald gets 15 years

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:12 AM EDT

Quiet sobs from relatives of Ronald Cummings were heard in a Palatka courtroom Friday morning as the 26-year-old father of Haleigh Cummings was sentenced to 15 years in prison on drug charges.

Shackled and wearing a dark blue jail jumpsuit, Cummings was silent during the hearing. His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, spoke for him, confirming his plea of guilty to three counts of trafficking in hydrocodone pills.

Cummings originally faced five counts after a month-long undercover investigation in January. Cummings would have faced a minimum sentence of 25 years had the two not been dropped.

In a plea deal with prosecutors, Cummings had to provide information dealing with the narcotics case and the ongoing investigation into his 5-year-old daughter's disappearance.

"Personally I think that 15 years is too much, however that's what the statute requires and I understand the state's position," Shoemaker said.

The charges stem from three transactions in which he dealt in a total of 39.7 grams of hydrocodone worth $465.

A camera secretly recorded the transactions and the videos served as key evidence against Cummings and four more people charged after the investigation.

"I think that the reason that we were able to get a lesser sentence than the 25 years is because of Haleigh's case," Shoemaker said. "I think deep down the state feels sorry, whether or not they admit it, and realizes what Ronald's been through with Haleigh."

Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, was the only person to testify Friday.

"I just want you to know that Ronald is a very good man," Neves said. "He has always been a very good father. He made a wrong choice. He has two children, we may not know where one of them is, but he does have two children that need him."

Crystal Sheffield, the children's mother, was present but declined to comment, saying that she was there for "my kids."

Haleigh disappeared from her Satsuma home on Feb. 10, 2009, and no sign of her has been found. The case was declared a homicide in April.

Shoemaker said Cummings spoke with investigators and "offered a lot of valuable information."

"I think he basically tied up a lot of loose ends, which allows them to formulate their theory as to what happened," Shoemaker said.

The majority of the information included details of the days leading up to Haleigh's disappearance, he added.

Chris Kelly, spokesman for the state attorney's office, said Friday's outcome was merely a matter of the facts.

"Each case is evaluated on its own facts and the resolution, and based on the facts of the case is what we felt was an appropriate sentence," Kelly said.

Others arrested in the case include Misty Croslin, 18; her brother, Hank Croslin Jr., 24; Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes, 18; and Donna Brock, 43.

Sykes and Hank Croslin Jr. each were sentenced to 15 years in prison, Misty Croslin is scheduled to be sentenced next month on eight counts of trafficking.

Putnam County sheriff's officials have said the drug investigation was not connected to the Haleigh case.

Authorities say Misty Croslin reported Haleigh missing at 3:27 a.m. just as Cummings returned from his night shift job at PDM Bridge in Palatka. Croslin said when she awoke about 3 a.m., the kitchen light was on, the back door was propped open with a concrete block and Haleigh was gone.

In a frantic 911 call, Cummings can be heard in the background yelling, "What did you do to my daughter?"

Crying, Croslin replied that she was sleeping.

The two married a month later, but divorced after seven months.

Allegations were recently made that Joe Overstreet, Croslin's Tennessee cousin, came to the home with Hank Croslin Jr. the night before Haleigh was reported missing and took the girl when he couldn't find a gun.

Croslin's attorney said her brother told investigators a similar story last spring, which triggered a three-day search of the St. Johns River near the Shell Harbour boat ramp.

No evidence was found in the search.

The sheriff's refuses to discuss the Haleigh case, saying it remains under investigation. Authorities have provided little information to the public about investigation's progress or status.

Last year, detectives said Misty Croslin had provided inconsistent statements to investigators and that she was key to solving the case.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/09/25/news/news01.txt

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:04 am

I want to know what those "loose ends" are!!!!!

And, if he had actually given LE anything compelling about Misty, she would be up on murder charges.

This is such b.s.!! That poor little girl is dead and gone. I would think that if Ron thinks HaLeigh is still alive, he Would have spoken up and his parting words would have been: "Please keep searching for HaLeigh." BS

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:21 am

Wrapitup wrote:I want to know what those "loose ends" are!!!!!

And, if he had actually given LE anything compelling about Misty, she would be up on murder charges.

This is such b.s.!! That poor little girl is dead and gone. I would think that if Ron thinks HaLeigh is still alive, he Would have spoken up and his parting words would have been: "Please keep searching for HaLeigh." BS
head bang I agree Possibly like OJ, OJ was looking for Nicole's killer at golf courses all over America. Ron has been looking for Haleigh Bug in every lowlife bar and dirty crack houses where he gets his pills, you name it. Wrap, u got it, he would have been crying something like :don't give up on on finding by baby girl, something.
Must be some pretty big loose ends. huge waste 🐶
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, was the only person to testify Friday.

"I just want you to know that Ronald is a very good man," Neves said. "He has always been a very good father. He made a wrong choice. He has two children, we may not know where one of them is, but he does have two children that need him."

Teresa seems to have a hard time understanding that Ron is not a good man. He left his two precious children with a girl just coming off a drug binge. He sells drugs. He held back information that might have helped the LE charge somebody and only gave it to "make his own deal". He married the woman everybody thinks is responsible for the death of his child.

Sorry Teresa..he is not a good man. He is a big loser.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:14 pm

I have her email address. I could send that to her but that would be mean (but honest - maybe that's what she needs is honesty) and only make her boo hoo hoo some more.

Thanks, Jeanne. You worded the description of Ron as a "daddy" perfectly!! Ron will not get out until he is 41. Jr. will be 21. Hopefully, Jr. won't remember him or that hellish night.

Ggma Sykes w/probably be dead and gone and if Mother Teresa doesn't calm down, she won't be around either. He will have no one to come to his aid except his sister.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Must see video:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/25150271/index.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:23 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:36 am