Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions

5 posters

Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:56 pm

I saw this on the Columbus Dispatch's website again. I hope I have put it in the right place.

What is wrong with these people killing their innocent children?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ohio mother, 24, kills young children and herself
Wednesday, October 6, 2010 01:21 PM

Associated Press

CARROLLTON, Ohio -- Authorities in northeast Ohio are investigating a possible double-murder suicide involving a woman and her young children.

Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams tells WTOV-TV in Steubenville that a 24-year-old mother shot and killed her 18-month-old son and 6-year-old daughter before taking her own life in a home in Carrollton.

The woman's father notified police around 7:30 a.m. today.

No names were released, and no immediate motive was offered.

The sheriff says both children had out-of-state fathers. He says detailed information will be withheld until the men and other family members are notified.

The coroner's office has been dispatched to the home, about 20 miles southeast of Canton. The answering service handling calls for the office wasn't able to provide further information.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Ohio mother, 24, kills young children and herself

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Here is a story from the Carrollton, Ohio newspaper about this event. A little more information.

Mother, children die in shooting

Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said his department and BCI are
investigating a double murder/suicide that occurred Wednesday morning
at 114 Waynesburg Rd. NW, Carrollton.

When he was leaving the scene at approximately 2:15 p.m, Williams said a
24-year-old woman shot her two children, an 18-month-old boy and a
six-year-old girl and then shot herself. The children were found in
their beds and the mother was lying beside the crib. Williams said all
were shot with a Smith and Wesson semi automatic pistol, which belonged
to the mother.

The mother reportedly was a member of the U.S. Army and also a student at
Kent State University Tuscarawas where she was studying criminal justice
with a minor in psychology.

Williams said the two children had different fathers and he was not
releasing the names until families were notified.

The Sheriff's Department received a call at 7:34 a.m. from the
grandfather of the children, David Hallett, who lives in upstairs of the
home.

The mother left two letters, one for the family and one for law
enforcement. In the letter, she said she was tired of the situation and
the way life was going and didn't want the children being
raised the way things are.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Re: Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions

Post by Nama Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Download4-1
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Re: Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions

Post by charminglane Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Another selfish bitch.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:24 pm

BJ in OR

I love your words at the end of your posts. I will have to pass this one on.

"A study by UCLA's Depart. of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her cycle. If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. If she is menstruating or menopausal, she is more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his chest with a bat up his butt while he is on fire."

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 pm

charminglane wrote:Another selfish bitch.

I agree Charminglane. What gets into these parents? Jeeze, if they don't want to live at least let someone else have their children to raise. Plenty of people are childless and would be more than willing to take and love these children.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 pm

I love it too. I don't ovulate anymore so I'm more of a "duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his chest with a bat up his butt while he is on fire" kind of woman. :cheering:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Carroll County Mother Kills Her 2 Children, Commits Suicide

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Last Update: 5:56 pm
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office is investigating an apparent double murder-suicide that happened at a home just outside of Carrollton Wednesday morning.

Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said a call came in around 7:30 a.m. for three people dead from gunshots wounds inside a home on Waynesburg Road. They were a 24-year-old mother along with her six-year-old daughter and 18-month-old son.

"I've handled homicides in my day, but never a double homicide-suicide," said Williams. "The kids were in bed, and that's all I want to say at the present time."

The woman's father, who also lives in the home, was upstairs when the shootings happened and called 911. Right now, it's being treated as a double murder-suicide. Williams said the mother was in the military, although they're not sure of her status, and she did leave a note.

"We have to analyze that," said Williams. "We have read through it. I want to read through it again."

The weapon was recovered, but officials aren't releasing the names of the victims until all family members have been notified. Williams said the children had two separate fathers, both from Pennsylvania, who they're trying to track down at this time.

Friends and family members of the victims gathered across the street trying to comfort each other and figure out why this happened.

"We need to get more information," said Williams. "Put everything in perspective, and then we'll go from there."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Just what in the hell is going on with all these parents killing their children and then themselves? I try my best to understand that maybe a woman just isn't cut out to be a mother. So be it. Give you children to a couple who cannot have children and allow them to have a decent and happy life.

If she wanted to kill herself, go for it. But, not the kids. NEVER the kids. Selfish bitch is right!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:44 pm

BJ in OR wrote:I love it too. I don't ovulate anymore so I'm more of a "duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his chest with a bat up his butt while he is on fire" kind of woman. :cheering:

I agree ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Praying for Faith, you fit right in to VH. I hope you will continue to log in no matter what happens with Faith. At the very least, I think we have met some great people!!!

BJ, you are too much!!!!!! :lol!:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Sheriff Williams says Madison Hallett left behind two letters with details as to what may have prompted the murder-suicide.

"There's information in the letters as to why she did this. I don't want to get into that right now, because that's part of the investigation," said Sheriff Williams.

According to family members, the mother was a member of the Army reserves and was supposed to be deployed in the coming months.

Neighbors told Fox 8 News she was going through a rough time.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:42 pm

The poor father was upstairs..how badly did she want to destroy his life?
I agree with all of you, SPARE the kids. Do not care how miserable you are and how mad and vindictive people can feel. Spare the children. Do not take away the lives of America's innocent lives. By Gosh, it has got to stop. It is an epidemic.!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:57 am

🇳🇴 Very sad. She had to be in the pits of hell to do something like this. Yes she should have given her children up. Suicide is selfish. I wonder if she had made sure her kids were safe with someone else and then killed her self what people would say about her?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 am

The poor father was upstairs..
Her father was upstairs. Not the father of the kids. Her two children were from separate fathers both living in Pennsylvania.

I thought the same thing, LM. What would people say about her if she had spared the kids? I would say Thank God!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:37 am

Too bad someone did not help her before it came to this. As a Mom and a Grandma I can understand the fear of dying and leaving your kids behind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:46 pm

It sure looks like she was sick and needed help. I wonder what she went upstairs to her father for. Was she going to tell him something? That poor family. Wrap, feel free to delete some of this if it is too long.

Questions still unanswered

FPS staff report
October 7, 2010

Hallett family UPDATED AT 2:10 p.m.

Carroll County Sheriff Deputies are trying to figure out why 24-year-old Madison Hallett shot her two children and then turned the gun on herself.

Sheriff Dale Williams said his office received a call Wednesday morning at 7:34 a.m. from Madison’s father, David Hallett, of 114 Waynesburg Rd., Carrollton.

When they arrived, law enforcement officials found Madison’s 18-month-old son, Drayden W. Hallett-Warnick, and six-year-old daughter, Natalya Marie Carosiellie, dead in their beds. They found Madison lying beside the baby’s crib.

Williams said Madison shot the two children, each twice, with a Smith and Wesson semi-automatic handgun. However, he said Carroll County Coroner Dr. Mandal Haas will rule on the cause of death. Williams told the FPS Madison purchased the gun at Gander Mountain Sept. 12.

Madison and her children lived in the lower level of the home and her father lived upstairs. Williams said Thursday, David Hallett had taken one of his other daughters to school. When he returned Madison came upstairs in the home. Williams said the father told her to go downstairs and get Natalya ready for school. He then went to the bathroom, where he heard a pop. He went to check in the basement and found Madison lying on the floor.

The sheriff said she left two notes, one for law enforcement and one for the family. In the one, he said Madison wrote that she was tired of the situation of life and didn’t want the children to be raised the way things are.

Madison, was a 2005 graduate of Carrollton High School where she was varsity cheerleader and a member of the Academic Hall of Fame. She was a member of the Army Reserves (since 2007) and her Facebook page stated she was a student at Kent State University Tuscarawas where she was studying criminal justice with a minor in psychology. She reportedly was to be deployed within the next month.

Williams said the two children had different fathers, each of whom were notified later in the day.

Carrollton Schools Superintendent Palmer Fogler said an announcement was made Thursday morning at Carrollton Elementary School, where Natalya was a first grade student, “a member of the class has left us.” School counselors and members of the Carroll County Ministerial Association will be available throughout the day Thursday and Friday to talk with students.

Funeral services for Natalya have been scheduled at Allmon-Dugger-Cotton Funeral Home in Carrollton for Thursday, Oct. 14 at 11 a.m with Bob Main officiating. Calling hours will be held Wednesday, Oct. 13, from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be in New Harrisburg Cemetery.

Natalya is survived by her father, Clint Carosiellie, grand parents, Stephen and Connie Carosiellie of Carrollton, and David and Crystal Hallett, both of Carrollton.

Services are not yet scheduled for Madison or Dryden.

Sheriff: Mother May Have Planned Murders, Suicide For Weeks
Social Networking Sites Depict Proud Mother Who Loved Her Children

Updated: 3:58 pm EDT October 7, 2010
CARROLLTON, Ohio -- A mother who killed her two children before committing suicide Wednesday may have planned the shootings for weeks, Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said.

Police said 24-year-old Madison Hallett first shot and killed her 6-year-old daughter, Natalya Marie Carosiellie, while the girl was in bed.

Hallett then went to another bedroom, where police said she shot and killed her 18-month-old son, Drayden W. Hallett-Warnick, while he was sleeping in his crib. Police said Hallett then turned the gun on herself, and her body was found next to her son's crib.

Next to Natalya's bed, police said they found five handwritten letters from Hallett. In one of the letters, she apologized to police for the gruesome scene they were forced to investigate. Williams said Hallett's suicide notes essentially said she was tired of life as it is and didn't want her children to go through that.

Hallett's father, who was in the home at the time and found the bodies, said his daughter also text messaged people before the killings.

Williams said Hallett bought the murder weapon -- a .40-caliber gun -- on Sept 12 at Gander Mountain, an outdoors store in Canton.

Hallett was an Army reservist and her father said she was set to be deployed in about a month. She was also a third-year student at Kent State University's Tuscarawas campus, where she was studying nursing and criminal justice. The sheriff said she was a straight-A student.

Her Facebook and MySpace pages online depict a proud mother who loved her children. A video on the page shows Hallett pushing a happy Natalya on a swing while the mother and daughter give each other kisses.

On MySpace, Hallett posted, "My daughter is 6 and in kindergarten... She just started T-ball!!! My son is 1 year old with 11 teeth and walking!! They are my life!!! I am just happy..."

She also wrote, "My family is so special to me because they help me out whenever I need them and are always there to lend a hand or good advice (thanks Grandma) I always know where I stand and who I am with them."

She lists her religion as Wiccan, a modern form of witchcraft, and posted that among her favorite TV shows were "anything to do with murder and solving crimes...Duh I'm a pre law student!!"

Williams said it may never be clear if the struggle of being a student, being a single mother or her pending military deployment caused Hallett to pull the trigger. Stay with NEWS9, WTOV9.com and WTOV9 Mobile for continuing coverage.

Previous Stories:

* October 7, 2010: Victims' Names Released In Double Murder, Suicide
* October 7, 2010: Mother In Double Murder-Suicide Faced Deployment
* October 6, 2010: Psychologist Explains Warning Signs, Resources For Murder-Suicide Prevention
* October 6, 2010: Police: Mother Shot, Killed Children In Bed Then Killed Self

Victims' Names Released In Double Murder, Suicide

Posted: 11:05 am EDT October 7, 2010Updated: 2:26 pm EDT October 7, 2010
CARROLLTON, Ohio -- Officials have released the name of a Carrollton mother and her two young children who died Wednesday in a double murder-suicide.

Madison Hallett, 24, died Wednesday morning. Police said she shot her 18-month-old son, Drayden W. Hallett-Warnick, and 6-year-old daughter, Natalya Marie Carosiellie, before turning the gun on herself.

Natalya's father is in the U.S. armed forces and is originally from Carroll County, said Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams. It was not immediately known where the father was, but Williams said the American Red Cross flew him home Wednesday.

Drayden's father lives in New Castle, Pa., Williams said. New Castle police went to his home Wednesday morning and asked him to call Carroll County officials. Williams said the father did not call Wednesday, so police were sent again to his home Thursday morning. Williams said the father then contacted the Carroll County coroner.

Hallett's father was home at the time of the killings and made the discovery around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday. A motive was uncertain as of Thursday, but Williams and Hallett's father told NEWS9 the mother left letters and text message before pulling the trigger.

The letters' contents have not been released.

Her father said Hallett was an Army reservist who faced deployment in about a month, possibly to Fort Benning in Georgia.

Stay with NEWS9, WTOV9.com and WTOV9 Mobile for continuing coverage.

Previous Stories:

* October 7, 2010: Mother In Double Murder-Suicide Faced Deployment
* October 6, 2010: Psychologist Explains Warning Signs, Resources For Murder-Suicide Prevention

Psychologist Explains Warning Signs, Resources For Murder-Suicide Prevention

Posted: 4:35 pm EDT October 6, 2010Updated: 7:57 pm EDT October 6, 2010
A 24-year-old mother shot and killed her 18-month-old son and 6-year-old daughter while they were in bed, then fatally shot herself on Wednesday.

The tragedy marks the third double murder-suicide in the Ohio Valley in less than two months.

About three weeks ago, a man shot and killed the mother of his child and another woman in East Liverpool before turning the gun on himself. In September, a Wellsburg man stabbed and killed his wife and 8-year-old stepson. The man was later found dead in the couple's former home in Harrisburg, Pa.

All three of the murder-suicides have taken loved ones by surprise and emotionally crippled many people. But, local psychologists said there is help available to prevent similar tragedies.

Dr. Perry Stanley, a psychologist with Northwood Health Systems, said one of the most important things a person can do is offer support to a loved one if they're going through a tough time and don't shy away from the topic of suicide.

Stanley said people should look out for the following signs in a person: saying people would be better off without them, expressing hopelessness, being less active and being depressed.

"A lot of times people will tell you they didn't see the signs, and sometimes they are there, other times they're not there," Stanley said.

He said the easiest thing to do is ask.

"I don't think we need to shy away from the topic. I think it's helpful if the person's able to talk about it," he said.

Stanley said there are a number of options to take action, like talking with ministers and pastoral counselors, mental health specialists or private practice physicians. He said people can also go online and research suicide prevention.

He said some online resources are funded by the National Institute for Mental Illness.

"Many of them are reputable and I think there is a source for good information," Stanley said.

Mother In Double Murder-Suicide Faced Deployment

Updated: 8:55 am EDT October 7, 2010
CARROLLTON, Ohio -- A 24-year-old mother and Army reservist shot and killed her 18-month-old son and 6-year-old daughter, then fatally shot herself at a rural home in Carroll County.

It happened at 114 Waynesburg Road around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to Sheriff Dale Williams.

Her father didn't want to go on camera Wednesday night, but told NEWS9 that his daughter faced deployment in about a month, possibly to Ft. Benning in Georgia.

The motive was still unknown as of Thursday morning. Her father told NEWS9 that his daughter left letters and sent text messages to the family before she pulled the trigger.

Williams said the woman also left a letter for law enforcement.

The contents of the letters are not being released at this time, and the identities of the victims will be released once all family members are notified.

Stay with NEWS9, WTOV9.com and WTOV9 Mobile for continuing coverage.

Previous Stories:

Police: Mother Shot, Killed Children In Bed Then Killed Self

Posted: 10:32 am EDT October 6, 2010Updated: 5:32 pm EDT October 6, 2010
CARROLLTON, Ohio -- A 24-year-old mother and Army reservist shot and killed her 18-month-old son and 6-year-old daughter, then fatally shot herself at a rural home in Carroll County.

Sheriff Dale Williams said the victims' names are being withheld pending notification of all family members. Williams said each child has a different father in Pennsylvania, and police were still trying to contact the men as of 5 p.m. Wednesday.

Williams said the mother used a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson gun in the killings, which happened inside a home at 114 Waynesburg Road in Carrollton. The toddler was shot to death in his crib and the girl was shot to death in bed in a separate bedroom.

A neighbor said the mother was dealing with life problems and the Sheriff's Department is looking into whether police were ever called to the home before.

Williams said the mother left handwritten letters but would not say who the letters were addressed to, nor would police disclose a possible motive.

The woman's father was home and called 911 about 7:30 a.m., but he did not witness the shootings.

"He seen it after. He heard the shots and went running," said Pam Boring, a neighbor.

Boring said her own son also heard four or five gunshots.

"The neighbor called me and said she was worried the little girl didn't get on the school bus and I said, 'Oh, no,'" Boring said.

Throughout the day, the whole yard in front of the house was blocked off with yellow police tape, and an ambulance was parked in the driveway but its lights were not flashing.

Several deputies were in and around the home, and a group of people who appeared to be family or friends stood in the driveway hugging each other.

This is the third double murder-suicide in the Ohio Valley this year. About three weeks ago, a man shot and killed the mother of his child and another woman in East Liverpool before turning the gun on himself.

In September, a Wellsburg man stabbed and killed his wife and 8-year-old stepson. The man was later found dead in the couple's former home in Harrisburg, Pa.

Mother In Murder-Suicide Took Depression Meds

Posted: 1:14 pm EDT October 7, 2010
CARROLTON, Ohio -- A coroner in a rural area of northeast Ohio said a woman suspected of killing her two young children before taking her own life had been taking medication for depression.

Carroll County Coroner Mandal Haas said Thursday that the woman hadn't given any indication that she would kill her 18-month-old son and 6-year-old daughter.

The victims of Wednesday's shootings have been identified as 24-year-old Madison Hallett of Carrollton and her children, Drayden and Natalya. The children had different fathers.

The coroner said each child was shot twice in the head and the woman had a single gunshot wound to the head.

Investigators are checking a note found at the home.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted dual post. Thank you, Praying for Faith..for these articles! SO sad!)

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Internet postings shed light on life of Carrollton mother

Post by Nama Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  G12c00000000000000018ecff06975817e8fde68fc5fc9f9a173b852815

Madison Hallett, who shot and killed her two children and herself Wednesday, was a 2005 graduate of Carrollton High, had been attending Kent State University Tuscarawas at New Philadelphia since 2003, according to her My Space and Facebook pages.

She posted that she was studying criminal justice with a minor in psychology. In January 2007, she enlisted in the Army Reserves and was a specialist in human resources based at Cranberry, Pa.

According to her web pages, Madison stated her religion was Wiccan.

She also said:

“I love being a mother of two wonderful children. One boy (one year), one girl, (six years).

“I love college and my impressive GPA !!!! Loving Life!!!!!."

The postings were not dated.

Madison further posted, "My family is so special. They are always there to lend a hand. I love my daughter. I love my son."

She was 5-foot-2, weighed 120 pounds, had long brown hair, hazel eyes, and nine tattoos, according to her posts. Madison also said nothing would ever tear apart her and her best friend since the 3rd grade.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:01 am

This is MOO.

I think she was depressed because she was being deployed. I cannot blame her for that. Was her father to take care of her children or were the two dads going to step up to the plate?

I think she probably got pregnant and did the best she could. She was a straight A student studying Criminal Justice and Psychology. She had hopes and dreams for her children's lives. She evidently could not afford to live on her own and was staying with her dad. Where is her mother? What was the relationship with her father?

I think she joined the Reserves for the extra money..the deployment possibility never really hit her until it happened. She likely would have been sent overseas and that freaked her out due to her children. Maybe she felt she could not provide for them anymore because she would not be able to see them everyday.

Was she getting child support from the father's? Were the father's an active part of their children's lives?

Drayden's father sounds like a real winner:
Drayden's father lives in New Castle, Pa., Williams said. New Castle police went to his home Wednesday morning and asked him to call Carroll County officials. Williams said the father did not call Wednesday, so police were sent again to his home Thursday morning. Williams said the father then contacted the Carroll County coroner.

I truly think she felt she did the best she could for her children and felt all of them would be better off dead due to her deployment.

And, WHY in the world would our government deploy a Single Mother with two children..one not even 2 years old? That is just wrong. Are there no jobs in the Reserves in the USA??

What she did was horrific and just plain wrong, but I truly believe she was not crazy, just very, very depressed. This is just so sad! crying

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:01 am

I agree, Wrap! It sounds like she had a "lot on her plate", and was feeling overwhelmed by life. It's too bad that she didn't go for help & share her feelings before it was too late. Maybe she could have gotten out of going overseas... who knows? She seemed to be a very talented & motivated person, who loved her children. It's all very sad... crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:47 pm

I wondered if she might have joined the reserves to get help with the cost of going to school. Although, being a single mom with 2 children would/should qualify her for help I would think.

Also, could her religion, Wiccan, play some part in her decision. I know nothing about it myself.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 am

I kind of doubt it. The Wiccan religion CAN get a bad rap. You would be surprised how many Wiccan's there are. Most, but not all...are born into it.

I do think she joined the Reserves so that she could have benefits. And, it still floors me she was going to be deployed. No wonder. Maybe she didn't want her 18 mo old being raised by her ex boyfriend. Who really knows what was going on with her? One thing, she seemed like she had her act together. We just never know what is really going through a person's mind. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:04 pm

I think I have read this thread 1,000 times. This tragedy hit my family on a personal level. My husband has been life long friends with the family and one of the children's father ( the father of the 6 year old) as well as the nephew to one of the investigating officers. It absolutely breaks my heart, anger doesn't even come close to what I feel right now. Their mother was NOT alone. Her daughter's dad was a VERY ACTIVE role in their life who contributed in more then financial ways. He is active duty in the Marine Corps and he is not living in PA. Only the father of the 18 month old lived in PA. This child was his life. As a mother, it angers me that lives so innocent were taken without even being given a chance! There is no excuse for that, not even being a single mother about to deploy is a good enough reason!!! She enlisted KNOWING the risk! My husband and I are both Marine Corps, so maybe this is the Marine, but I just can not accept that excuse.

We will definitely be thinking of and praying for the family as he lays his daughter to rest this week. No family deserves to go through this kind of tragedy and I wish more people would ask for help when they need it. Suicide does nothing but cause more pain to what is obviously an already painful situation. We love you baby N...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Sorry more than I can say for you loss, VA in VA. My cousin and her husband were in the reserves and served in the Gulf War. Their two year old and 3 month old were cared for by her mother while they were away. Neither of them "expected" to be called to serve, but then the Gulf War started and it happened. Too bad Madison didn't ask for help from someone. I'm sure, had she asked, it would have been available.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:36 pm

I am sorry for this family and friends loss also. I cannot even imagine the sorrow and grief they are going through.

" As a mother, it angers me that lives so innocent were taken without even being given a chance! There is no excuse for that, not even being a single mother about to deploy is a good enough reason!!! She enlisted KNOWING the risk! My husband and I are both Marine Corps, so maybe this is the Marine, but I just can not accept that excuse."

I agree with you, I just cannot understand why the sweet innocent childrens lives have to be taken either.
There is no excuse for that in my book either.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Because she was very ill that is why this happened. VA in VA I too am sorry this happened. I don't think people are saying it was the deployment that caused this suicide but part of the stress she was under. The fact is suicide is up for anyone in the armed forces since the war on terrorism started. I know recruiters who lie to get their bonus for signing a mentally ill person in to the armed forces. My condolences to her family and friends. Some times there are no signs that some one is going to commit suicide. Think about Madison's Father. Think about what this does to the people left behind. Let's try not to place blame on anyone. Madison was ill. That is no excuse but any Mom that kills their little kids in their beds and shoots herself is ill. Anger is part of the grief when a loved one is murdered or committed suicide. This is a tragedy plain and simple. BJ said it best.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Parents say Carrollton woman showed signs of stress

Post by Nama Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  G12c0000000000000002a90fbac30ffaee20e0dce8cdd47f42bc1f5589c

Madison Hallett was emotionally troubled, so say her parents while reflecting on events that pushed the young mother to kill her two children and herself.

Notes from Hallett found at the scene were apologetic and said she was tired of life.

Hallett, 24, shot and killed herself Wednesday after killing her two children: daughter, Natalya Hallett Carosiellie, 6, and son, Drayden Hallett Warnick, 18 months.

The fatal shootings occurred in Carroll County’s Harrison Township in a home the three shared in the 100 block of Waynesburg Road.

The trio lived with the young mother’s father, David Hallett, who heard the gunshots Wednesday morning and called 911.

“She had post traumatic stress from a car accident a few years ago,” David Hallett said. “She had been having problems.”

Madison Hallett, a 2005 graduate of Carrollton High School, was in the Army Reserve. She also had been a student at Kent State University’s Tuscarawas County branch, studying criminal justice.

IT WAS PLANNED

Carroll County authorities are classifying the deaths as a double homicide-suicide.

“She had planned it for a while, I would think,” county Sheriff Dale Williams said.

Williams said the gun used in the shootings was purchased by Madison Hallett on Sept. 12 at Gander Mountain in Canton.

The sheriff described the shooting as a methodical process in which Hallett shot her children one at a time as they slept in separate rooms in the lower-level of the house.

David Hallett was upstairs when the shots were fired.

“I think if he would have walked downstairs and tried to intervene, she would have shot him, too,” Williams said.

Suicide notes were found at the scene, according to Williams. Carroll County Coroner Mandal Haas was in custody of some of those notes. One note was addressed to law-enforcement officers.

In that note, “she was apologetic to put my department through what we went through when we got to the scene,” Williams said.

He said the note to deputies included comments such as, “I’m just tired of life. I don’t want my kids to be raised in this kind of life. I just wanted to end it.”

Haas agreed the notes were very apologetic and that the mother indicated she was very dissatisfied with the past and did not want her children growing up in the world.

The notes were found at the bottom of the stairs outside of the children’s bedrooms.

WHO IS MADISON?

On her Facebook page, Madison Hallett credits her family for “being so special to me ... there to lend a hand or good advice.”

She describes herself as being a “mother of two wonderful children ... love college and my impressive GPA!!! ... Loving life!!”

Her mother, Crystal Hallett, lived in a house across the street from where the shootings occurred. Crystal and David Hallett are divorced.

Crystal Hallett also recalled some troubling signs from her daughter.

“You never think they are that upset,” she said. “She was having problems prior to this.”

Authorities identify the children’s fathers as Clint Carosiellie, who has been in North Carolina, and Richard Warnick of New Castle, Pa.

The funeral service for Natalya will be 11 a.m. Thursday in Allmon-Dugger-Cotton Funeral Home in Carrollton. Calling hours will be 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.

Services are pending for Drayden and his mother with Sweeney-Dodds Funeral Home also in Carrollton.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Myspace

Post by Nama Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:14 am

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Ohio mother, Madison Hallett, 24, kills young children and herself/ Family's deaths leave unanswered questions  Empty Family's deaths leave unanswered questions

Post by Nama Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:14 am

A child's pink motorized car and a tricycle were painful reminders of the family tragedy that occurred inside a home located three miles north of Carrollton Wednesday morning, Oct. 6.

Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams, Coroner Dr. Mandal Haas, deputies, and investigators from the Bureau of Criminal Investigation spent the rainy morning and afternoon collecting evidence from the Waynesburg Road (state Route 171) home where the tragedy occurred. The Stark County Coroner's Office conducted the autopsies.

Investigators continued to piece together what happened and why a 24-year-old Madison Hallett, who, according to her Facebook page, "loved being a mother of two wonderful children" would apparently shoot her two young children and then herself. According to Dr. Haas, it may be weeks before the toxicology results are known.

While the reason is still a mystery, what is clear is that the incident has rocked this rural community. A group of family and friends comforted one another as they gathered across the street Wednesday afternoon.

Sheriff Williams did not release the names until Thursday, Oct. 7, after he was able to reach the children's fathers. Carrollton native Clint Carosiellie, now of Virginia, is the father of 6-year-old Natalya Angelina-Marie, while 18-month-old Drayden W. is the son of Richard Warnick of New Castle, Pa.

"This is the first time this has happened in this county. You think this will not happen close to home, but it does," Williams said of the tragedy that afternoon.

According to Williams, deputies received a call around 7:30 a.m. from the woman's father, David Hallett, with whom she resides.

Williams said the father had returned from taking his youngest daughter to school and had advised Madison she needed to get Natalya ready for school. According to Williams, Madison agreed and went downstairs to where she and her children were living. It was then that David Hallett heard what he described to authorities as "pops."

Williams said David discovered Madison had been shot and called 911, reporting "My daughter just shot herself three times." Williams said the man did not realize at that time she had also shot the children. Each child was shot with a 40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun, which Madison purchased from Gander Mountain Sept. 12.

Madison was a member of the Army Reserves, based out of New Castle, Pa., and was studying criminal justice at Kent State University, where she had been named to the dean's list.

The woman apparently had a history of troubled relationships, Williams said, noting she was named in a series of police reports dating back to 2006. Two of those reports were domestic-violence incidents involving a man she was in a relationship with in between the children's fathers.

Family members have been quoted in published reports stating that Madison suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome caused by an accident, but the Carroll County Sheriff's Office has been unable to find records of that accident.

The sheriff's department confirmed several notes, identified as being in Madison's handwriting, were found on the steps leading to the upstairs area where her father and younger sister resided. Hallett left individual notes for her mother, her father, each of her two sisters and Drayden's father. Also found was a request from Hallett that additional notes found at the scene, already stamped and hand-addressed to law-enforcement officials and to her commanding officer, be mailed after her death.

All of the notes are in the coroner's possession and their full contents have not been released. However, law-enforcement officials characterized the notes as having the same general theme. Hallet wrote that she did not "want to deal with life anymore" and did not want her children to have to deal with it. She apologized to law-enforcement officials for what they would encounter at the scene; and she asked that she and her children "be laid to rest together."

Funeral services have been set for Thursday, Oct. 14, with visitation on Wednesday, Oct. 13. Sweeney-Dodds Funeral Home are in charge of arrangements for Madison and Drayden. Allmon-Dugger Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements for Natalya. All will be buried in the New Harrisburg Cemetery.

On her Facebook page, Madison wrote that she loved being a mother, loved college, and loved life. "My family is so special to me because they help me out whenever I need them and are always there to lend a hand or good advice," she wrote.

Her favorite quote was "Just when the butterfly (sic) thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

Her family, her friends and the community are left wondering why this tragedy happened and are left to grieve for Madison, Natalya and Drayden.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

BJ in OR wrote:Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Very well said, BJ! I looked at her MySpace profile, and found it very sad - esp. seeing the video of her daughter on the swing... so happy. Madison seemed to enjoy being a mom (at least on her profile), but she must have been suffering with deep depression. On her MySpace profile she mentions her "best friend in the world named Angela" - I wonder if she shared with her any of her struggles. Again, this is a reminder to all of us to be aware of family & friends around us who are struggling - esp. single mothers!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 am

“Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down