The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Normal Casey Anthony: jury in for tough schedule

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:03 am

By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:43 AM

ORLANDO --

When the Case Against Casey goes to trial, jurors will need to get comfortable.

Judge Belvin Perry, the state and the defense will travel to another part of Florida and try to find enough people to fill the seats for six days a week, for quite possibly more than a month.

It's an ambitious goal that's never been done before in the state.

"I think it's going to be significantly difficult to get people that are capable of doing that or that anybody would want to do that," said Cheney Mason, one of Anthony’s attorneys.

Trey Fischer is a senior trial consultant in Orlando. He said finding enough jurors will be difficult.

He also said the majority of jurors will likely be retirees.

“Retirees tend to have more conservative views of the case. In Florida, no matter where you are, [you're] going to get a lot of retirees,” Fischer said.

"Two months away from home and sequestered. No phone, no computer, no television, no contact with family, and not to work -- that's a tough deal," Mason said.

Fischer agrees it'll be a tough job for anyone. He said having to sit in court for five long days and then Saturday also could be a double-edged sword.

"You're going to end with an unhappy jury panel. It could be an issue,” Fischer said. “It's going to be lengthy and there are just some things you can't cut out."

It's not unusual for a case to last months, and is quite common in federal court.

However, when you combine high profile, death penalty and a sequestered out-of-town jury, the clock may just seem like it's sitting still in May.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

please see video about finding a jury here:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:36 am

Hummm. Right away I see a problem. Retirees in Florida are not a "jury of her peers". Sorry but that has Foul written all over it.

I have thought about the jury quite a bit. I think I would go absolutely mad listening to attorneys drone on and on and on. I can hardly listen to them the hour they debate at one of the hearings.

They better stock up on some meds. They will need it if this show ever "gets on the road"!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:26 am

I agree, Jeanne. One thing..if the get retirees, they will not take kindly to Casey's party pics. I think that in itself and the fact that it took her MOTHER 31 days to call the police, coupled with the fact she was sleeping around..will do her in. Elderly people shake their heads at things like that. :jaw dropping:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:43 am

Let alone partying in the American Flag!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Normal Casey Anthony what you can expect at the trial

Post by artgal16 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:23 pm

This is the first in a series of some of the basic information and early statements made by Casey Anthony and others that the jury will likely hear. We will be viewing the statements with analysis in a series of studies in preparation leading up to the trial in May.

Looking back over the Casey Anthony case, it can be helpful to review and summarize; especially since the case has had so many characters along with so much criminal and/or unethical behavior.

Question: What advantage is it to analzye known lies?
Answer: There is much advantage in that as principles are employed and although the results are obvious, the knowledge is gained, and the practice then used upon statements of the unknown.

Also, it is of value to analyze the wording of liars; as words come from the subject's mind; even to the point of seeing through the deception and allowing a portrait to present itself; a portrait, or profile, of the subject herself, as well as the probing of the unknown: what exactly Casey did to Caylee.

Casey's words, even though meant to deceive, reveal much.

But we begin with the basic question:

What will the jury hear?

This is a critical question which is why we are reviewing the case, from its simplest beginning.

Cindy Anthony called 911 in an attempt to have her daughter arrested for stealing her car. She may have wanted her arrested for stealing credit cards and money as well, but it began with car theft. Caylee, then 2, was also reported missing, in a series of calls, only after the car theft call.

When Cindy told the 911 operator that Caylee "has been taken", the operator asked to speak to Casey. This is interesting because it is what the jury will likely hear, but it is also interesting for studying Statement Analysis from a known fabrication.

911: Hi. What can you...can you tell me what's going on a little bit?

Casey: I'm sorry?

Statement Analysis principle: a question that is answered with a question is sensitive. "I'm sorry" or "excuse me?" or anything like this is an attempt to stall for time to think. It is likely that Casey thought Cindy was bluffing about calling the police and then about putting her on the phone. Casey was likely used to getting away with lie after lie, about work, money, theft, Caylee, friends, location, and so on, that she thought this would be similar.

If your child was "kidnapped", would you need time to think of what you would say if someone asked you what was going on?

In Statement Analysis, we ask the reader (or analyst) to ask how he or she would answer the question. On the presumption of innocence of the reader, this is a helpful tool, as we seek common sense. Of course, if someone who is mentally ill, or has other issues projects, the "common" sense is not quite as "common" and will produce strange responses.

However, we do not build principle upon exception. Exceptions always exist. This is the first "red flag" that something is wrong with this call, for the 911 operator.

911: Can you tell me a little bit what's going on?

Imagine the surprise of the operator having to repeat the question. This is the 2nd red flag for the 911 operator.

Casey: My daughter's been missing for the last 31 days.

Note that "my daughter" is used and not Caylee's name. The 911 operator likely does not know Casey nor Caylee. Casey did not identify who her daughter is. This is the 3rd red flag for the 911 operator.

911: And you know who has her?

Casey: I know who has her.

Statement Analysis: always note reflective language. It is easier to lie or deceive by reflecting back another's words. If your child was kidnapped and you knew the kidnapper, would you answer the way Casey did, and not include the name of the kidnapper? Casey did not. This is another red flag for the 911 operator; the 4th.

I've tried to contact her.

note that "tried" in past tense means attempted and failed.

I actually received a phone call today.

"actually" is a word that is used to compare two thoughts. What is Casey comparing the phone call to?

Now from a number that is no longer in service.
I did get to speak to my daughter for about a moment. About a minute.

Casey includes "from a number that is no longer in service" which would raise immediate suspicion, but then she uses two different words, "moment" and "minute" to describe the same thing. Note that when language is changed, it should represent a change in reality. If a change in reality is not evident, it is likely deception.

"I drove the car. It broke down. I left the vehicle on the side of the road..."

The car was a car when it drove, but became a vehicle when it would not go. Therefore; the change of language is justified.

In the short 911 call, there are many indicators, or red flags, of deception. In just these few sentences, we see that the caller has a need to deceive the police.

The jury will likely hear this bizarre call and be able to ask themselves how they would react if someone were to kidnap their child, and they will sense the "red flag" that we have identified as deceptive.

Next, we look at what Casey Anthony told the police. First is the statement by itself, with the statement, broken up by analysis, to follow. The police simply asked: what happened?

I got off of work, left Universal driving back to pick up Caylee like a normal day.
And I show up to the apartment knock on door nobody answers. So, I call Zeniada cell
phone and it’s out of service. It says the phone is no longer in service, excuse me.
So, I sit down on the steps and wait for a little bit to see if maybe it was just a
fluke if something happened and time passed and I didn’t hear from anyone. No one
showed up to the house so I went over to J. Blanchard Park and checked a couple of
other places where maybe possibly they would have gone; couple stores, just regular
places that I know Zenida shops at and she’s taken Caylee before. And after about
7:00 when I still hadn’t heard anything I was getting pretty upset, pretty frantic
and I went to a neutral place. I didn’t really want to come home. I wasn’t sure what
I would say about not knowing where Caylee was still hoping that I would get a call
or you know find out that Caylee was coming back so that I could go get her. And I
ended up going to my boyfriend Anthony’s house who lives in Sutton Place.

Here is the analysis of the response of "what happened?" posed to Casey Anthony.

I got off of work, left Universal driving back to pick up Caylee like a normal day.

In Casey's very first sentence, we find enough indicators of sensitivity to know this is a deceptive statement. The same principle used here is used in all statements. Begin with:

"left Universal". There are two things to be noticed here. First, there is no pronoun. This is noted, however, it is not a blaring omission for the sentence did start with "I". It is simply mildly noted. But we then notice the word "left" as a connecting verb. It is an "unnecessary connection", meaning that the word "left" is highlighted as sensitive, 70% likely time sensitive (rushing, traffic, etc) and 30% withholding of highly sensitive information. Since we do not know (as if we are doing this analysis not knowing what we were to learn later), we simply note it as "sensitive".

"driving back" is in the present tense; not past tense.

When a truthful person gives police a statement of what happened, they are not story telling and simply report from memory. This gives us our principle for reliability:

First Person Singular, Past Tense.

"I drove" would have been first person, past tense. Since this formula is violated, we now have an indicator that this statement is not reliable, and it is flagged as such.

Next, we highlighted "normal". Whenever the word "normal" enters an open statement, it is an indication that something is not normal.

If a person (in an open statement) calls themselves "normal" it is an indicator that they have been called "abnormal" When someone tells us what happened, they are to report facts, and not attempt to persuade us of anything. They wish to persaude us rather than tell us, so she needs to tell us that her day was normal. When you see "normal" know that it is about as abnormal as can be.

And I show up to the apartment

"show up" is present tense...again. Enough indicators of unreliablity and we declare a statement to be deceptive.

knock on door nobody answers.

Note the absence of pronouns. Pronouns show ownership and commitment, as does our formula of first person singular, past tense verb. Casey Anthony is not owning her statement, therefore, we cannot own her statement. We cannot say that she went to the apartment and that she knocked and that "nobody" answers (present tense again) as it violates our principle of reliability. Even as early as this in her statement, trained police can know that she is lying and most police, even untrained, will have a sense of lying.

So, I call Zeniada cell phone and it’s out of service.

Present tense language continues and is unreliable. Note also that this phone is also, conveniently so, out of service.

It says the phone is no longer in service, excuse me.

"says" is present tense verb usage; unreliable.

When someone speaks from memory, they use past tense. When someone is making up a story, they often slip into present tense, as they go along. If they repeat the story enough times, they can use the memory of a previous telling to put them back into past tense, which is why the initial statemnet is so important. A story repeated enough will become past tense. It is safe to say, in analysis, that due to the repetition of present tense verbs, Casey Anthony is making up a story and not reporting what happened to Caylee.

So, I sit down on the steps and wait for a little bit to see if maybe it was just a
fluke if something happened and time passed and I didn’t hear from anyone.

"sit" is noted as tension. Whenever "sit, stood, stand, sat, etc" enters a statement, it is a sign of tension. Note "I sit down" is present tense; not past tense.

Note also "to see" gives the reason why she waited. This is to be noted in all analysis as sensitive. A subject should tell us what happened, but when they tell us why something happened, it should be noted as "sensitive".

Note that "time passed" is passive and it is also past tense.

"I didn't hear from anyone"; note "anyone" is not the kidnapper or Zanaida.

No one showed up to the house so I went over to J. Blanchard Park and checked a couple of
other places where maybe possibly they would have gone; couple stores, just regular
places that I know Zenida shops at and she’s taken Caylee before.

Note that she is now back in past tense language. The change back and forth is an indicator of deception. But regarding the employment of past tense language within a deceptive statement: It is likely that on the day she killed Caylee, she did go shopping at "regular" places and likely did go to J Blanchard Park.

And after about 7:00 when I still hadn’t heard anything I was getting pretty upset, pretty frantic
and I went to a neutral place.

Note the inclusion of emotions in the "perfect" place within a story. The reader will have to read prior analysis to understand this concept, but the short version is this:

Emotions and thoughts in truthful statements come after the account, not during. When someone includes thoughts and emotions within the "perfect" place in the story, it is a strong indication of deception and "story telling". (see Tiffany Hartley for example). It sounds right, but in traumatic situations, subjects process later, so when they recall the trauma, they first say what happened, and then report how they felt. The inclusion of Casey's emotions and thoughts is an attempt to justify action, rather than report honestly.

I didn’t really want to come home.

Note the sensitivity indicators with additional words, "didn't really". Note also the principle of Statment Analysis of thoughts as well as the negative:

When a subject tells us what didn't happen, or what wasn't said, or what wasn't thought, it is a strong indication of deception. Here, Casey tells us what she didn't want to do; or, didn't "really" want to do. She likely didn't really want to come home because it meant facing her mother.

I wasn’t sure what
I would say about not knowing where Caylee was still hoping that I would get a call
or you know find out that Caylee was coming back so that I could go get her.

We, again, have the inclusion of thoughts as well as the language that Caylee was "coming back" (verb tense) and that she would go get her: would she come back or would Casey go get her? This is an indication of story telling.

And I
ended up going to my boyfriend Anthony’s house who lives in Sutton Place.

"and"

"I ended up"

When a sentence starts with "And", it means that the subject is withholding information.
"I ended up" is passive, as if it was something that "just happened" to her, rather than her decision to go to her boyfriend's apartment.

The jury will see how, in Casey Anthony's opening statement, how she was deceptive about her missing child.
Statement Analysis concludes that Casey Anthony's statement, like her 911 call, is deceptive.

It will be up to others to judge just why Casey would need to be deceptive when reporting her daughter missing.

Statement Analysis shows deception: Logic, reason, evidence, testimonys, and so on, will then decide why Casey Anthony needed to be deceptive.

It is similar to refusing to take a polygraph. The subject has a reason why they wish to avoid taking a polygraph.

We can show deception, and often the reason for deception is clear.

Note, "my boyfriend, Anthony" is a better introduction than that which she gave Caylee.

How someone introduces another in an open statement is indicative of the relationship

From these two introductions, Statement Analysis would conclude that Casey felt closer to Anthony, than she did to her daughter.

The absence of identifying "Zanaida" would indicate that she has a very, very poor relationship with the nanny, Zanaida Gonzalez. :)

Normally, this would have been our conclusion. We would not have been able to guess that Zanaida did not exist, based soley upon the language. It is such a rare occurance that it warrants more study and understanding.

This is a case where the language can show distance, but only the evidence can show that a person did not exist.

source:

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal More Casey Anthony News: Judge Grants State's Motion Asking For Casey's Jail Pal's Return

Post by lisette on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's jailhouse pen pal will be returning to Central Florida.
Prosecutors in the case asked that Judge Belvin Perry grant permission to return Robyn Adams to Orlando for testimony in the case.
Adams, a convicted drug dealer, is serving time in a federal prison in Tallahassee, but once spent time in the Orange County Jail with Anthony.
Adams exchanged dozens of letters with Anthony while the two were in jail.
Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick made the request.
Perry granted the order, and also notified Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings of his action.
Perry said the Orange County Sheriff's Office or its representative will be responsible for transporting Adams for testimony in the case, "or at such other time as the court may direct." No specific timeline was given.
The letters between Anthony and Adams discuss Anthony's search for Caylee, personal battles, Zenaida Gonzalez and other topics.
Anthony's murder trial is scheduled to begin in May. The next hearing in the case is scheduled Monday at 4 p.m. WESH.com will provide live coverage.

The info on this case is really snowballing now! Almost more than you can keep up with!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:03 am

Yes, it is and it will get more and more interesting as the trial date gets closer. Everything will come out now.

I wonder what the court hearing on Monday is about?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal The Case Against Casey Anthony ~February 2011~

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Please use this thread for all updates in the month of February.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm

The case returns to court on Feb. 4 for another status hearing. WESH.com will provide live coverage.
http://www.wesh.com/r/26611777/detail.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:11 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- One major issue keeps the case against Casey Anthony from being a slam dunk for prosecutors, a legal expert tells WESH 2 News. The state must still prove Caylee Anthony was murdered.

The defense has suffered several setbacks over the last few weeks.

Prosecutors appear to have discredited Texas EquuSearch volunteer Laura Buchanan in documents and depositions released on Friday.

Buchanan once claimed she searched the area where Caylee Anthony's remains were later found, which would have supported the defense claim that someone other than Casey Anthony placed the remains in the woods. Buchanan later said that wasn't the case and admitted to altering a document.

"Time is running out. It's time to move past Laura Buchanan and find a defense that will help you," said Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not affiliated with the case.

Judge Belvin Perry also ruled that unflattering information about former meter reader Roy Kronk's past can't be used in the trial. Kronk found the remains in December 2008.

Perry said the defense can question Kronk's fixation with the area where the discovery was made.

Embed this VideoxEmailFacebookDiggTwitterYahoo BuzzRedditDelicious Link

Share State's Stumbling Block
"He's got this weird role where he's the guy who calls law enforcement and nobody comes. Then someone comes, and look what it is, but is that enough to bring up his past or his character? No," said former prosecutor Jeff Deen.

Deen points to one crucial stumbling block for prosecutors.

"We're talking about murder here, not just death. We're talking about pre-meditated murder," Deen said.

The defense has emphasized the fact that medical examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia did not find evidence of murder. A defense expert is questioning whether she followed proper protocol in Caylee's autopsy.

"There is nothing that I know that tells you this was a murder," said Anthony defense expert Dr. Warner Spitz.

Attorneys in the case head back to court on Friday for a hearing at 1:30 p.m. WESH.com will stream the hearing live.

Anthony's murder trial is scheduled to begin in May.
source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 pm

The article about is completely nonsensical to me. What are we all doing here if this isnt a murder case? Did Caylee bury herself with duct tape over her face? If Caylee was the victim of an accident would she have ended up in the cold ground? Under what circumstances would a child be buried
in a dirty wooded area with duct tape over her mouth if it wasnt foul play?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 pm

"There is nothing that I know that tells you this was a murder," said Anthony defense expert Dr. Warner Spitz.
Exactly artgal. Caylee did not put duct tape over her own mouth and nose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Casey Anthony Update: Defense Witness Changes Her Story
Posted on February 1st, 2011 by Jan Barrett

I have been following this story since it first broke in July, 2008. I remember the caption that caught my attention that lead me to follow this case. The fact that it took the Anthony’s one whole month to even bother to report this little two year old child, Caylee Anthony, missing was very disturbing to me.

Caylee’s remains were found on December 11, 2008 and Casey’s defense attorney’s, a wannabe dream team, have been desperately trying to prove that when Texas Equusearch’s people were in Orlando searching for Caylee that they did not find Caylee when they searched that exact spot so that would mean that someone else placed her remains at that spot after their client had been arrested for first degree murder and has been behind bars ever since.

The defense team claimed they had a witness that signed a paper stating that while searching that area they did not find Caylee and that they in fact did search that particular area despite the fact that others stated clearly that the area was flooded with water at that time, making it impossible to see the body. Based on this so called witness, the defense says this would clear their client.

Well now it appears that the tables have been turned on the defense team. The witness that they were depending on has now admitted in a deposition that she doesn’t even know where the remains were and they may have only been within 35 feet of it when searching. Laura Buchanan signed a form for the defense team swearing that in her opinion Caylee’s remains were not there when they searched that area. She says now that she kept the Texas Equusearch form that she was suppose to turn in reporting her search, and then later altering it before turning it in.

Documents released show that Lauran Buchanan had been in contact with both Cindy Anthony and Jose Baez before Caylee’s remains were fouind and that in an email she even claimed she didn’t believe Casey was guilty of killing Caylee. Of course Cindy Anthony’s attorney, Mark Lippman claims that his client never made any contact with Buchanan. He claims that Buchanan was the one that contacted them first and had been hounding them.

Now investigators have launched a criminal tampering investigation against Buchanan to see if this was just her doing this on her own or if perhaps someone else had been a part of the whole scheme along with her. I mean is it me or is that everytime some kind of evidence pops up that had apparently been tampered with, Cindy Anthony’s name is always involved? And an even better question is that how many times can one person be involved in possible tampering of an ongoing investigation and not be charged for it? Sorry but using the grieving grandparent role doesn’t give her the right to break the law. On several occasions such as washing Casey’s clothes she found in Casey’s car because they had a foul odor to them and by deliberately giving authorities the wrong hairbrush when Caylee’s brush was specifically asked for. And like changing her story everytime you turn around because she realized she had said the wrong thing. Of course she would have to change it after saying something that could be damaging to her daughters case.

According to WESH News no one has been charged yet with tampering with evidence in this case but the investigation is still ongoing. Also they did try to contact Jose Baez for a comment yesterday but he did not return their call.

The next status hearing is to be held Friday at 1:30 pm Eastern time and WESH,com will be streaming the hearing live.

WESH.com has published a list with links to evidence that were released to the public on Friday, January 28, 2011, including emails, transcriptions of depositions and FBI reports on the diary Casey Anthony had that had an entry in it dated June 21 stating, “I have no regrets, just a bit worried” and ending with “just hope that it doesn’t change.”

The whole investigation is interesting. It is amazing what the ink on paper can tell you. WESH also reported that apparently this type of journal was a one time specialty item distributed solely to Dollar General Stores in 2004 so the claim that this entry was posted in June of 2003 would clearly be wrong. Also there appears to be indented sentence fragments from writings that Casey may have ripped out of the diary.

I know she claims she is innocent but how could anyone believe her after all this? I have to admit, it would be very hard for anyone to convince me of that one. Caylee deserves justice in this. She is the only victim in all this. Her life was taken from her before she even had a chance to begin living it. I pray she gets what she deserves so she can rest in peace.

So many innocent children are robbed of their life by people that they trust more than anyone else in the world. How can we teach to our children who they can trust and who they can’t when some can’t even trust their own parents? What is going to happen to the future of our world if we can’t stop this? We need stricter laws. Some don’t give this a second thought because they know most of the time they only get a slap on the wrist and sent home after being told not to do it again. Well that isn’t working. I say NO SECOND CHANCES for anyone harming or murdering a child. If they aren’t given the death penalty, they should never ever be released from prison again. They should never be set free to hurt or kill yet another innocent child. If the laws could be changed maybe people would think twice before risking it. Our children need help and protection. If we can’t give it to them, who can?

My prayers are with all the children like Caylee and let’s not forget the missing ones either like Adji Desir and Haleigh Cummings. Just because there have been no answers on these cases to find them doesn’t mean they should be forgotten. Please don’t give up on finding them. Like Caylee, they deserve better. The person/persons responsible for their disappearance should have to pay for it dearly. May God be with each of these children.

Jan Barrett

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:11 am

It is amazing to me that parents are killing their children to the degree that they are and then coming up with these phony excuses such as zanny the nanny or they gave them to an "underground foster" organization like we all are stupid. The thing that bothered me most about the article I posted is the fact that it states that we dont know Caylee died. This to me is an absolutely crazy statement. Caylee is dead.
She was not quite three - was she buried alive? Suffocated and placed in the ground, drugged, drowned or poisoned? We do not know, but what we do know that under an accidental death no normal person would have wrapped this child in a blanket duct taped her face, double bagged her and buried her where the elements and the critters could get at her.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:34 pm

So does Dr. Spitz think that Casey and Caylee were playing a game, "See who can be quiet the longest", and Casey was just helping Caylee get the idea, resulting in an accidental death? Give me a huge break... Involuntary Manslaughter? Yeah, I'm sure.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:40 pm

I wonder - will the jurors have a choice? I mean
will there be a litany of possilities such as first or second degree murder or manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter or will it just be a straight guilty or not guilty of first degree murder? I sincerely hope that isnt their only choice.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:50 pm

They will have choices.

"Anthony is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to police."

Florida Statutes > Title XLVI > Chapter 782 > § 782.07 - Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child; aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic

Current as of: 2010
Check for updates
(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) A person who causes the death of any elderly person or disabled adult by culpable negligence under s. 825.102(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(4) A person who causes the death, through culpable negligence, of an officer as defined in s. 943.10(14), a firefighter as defined in s. 112.191, an emergency medical technician as defined in s. 401.23, or a paramedic as defined in s. 401.23, while the officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, or paramedic is performing duties that are within the course of his or her employment, commits aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Last edited by Lilone on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 pm

The Florida Bar has confirmed that a new complaint has been lodged against Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez.

"There's a file open and anything else is confidential at this time," said Karen Kirksey, a spokeswoman for The Florida Bar, adding that the complaint is "at staff" level at this point in the process

"That means the Bar is looking into it, asking questions, just looking to see if it has any merit," Kirksey said. "No probable cause has been found."

Baez hung up the phone as soon as a reporter called to ask about the complaint this morning.

The new file is the latest professional or ethical issue raised against Baez, Casey Anthony's lead attorney.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie. She faces the death penalty if convicted. Her trial is scheduled to start in May.

Last month, Chief Judge Belvin Perry hit Baez with a sanction for willfully violating a court order to turn over discovery documents about the defense team's expert witnesses to the prosecution. He was ordered to pay costs to the prosecution, which had asked the court to file sanctions against Baez.

Earlier in the case, back in March 2009, Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, who was then presiding over the case, wrote a letter to The Florida Bar about ethical concerns he had about Baez.

That issue involved allegations that Baez directed investigator Dominic Casey to "walk away" if he found Caylee's lifeless body during a 2008 search — and then contact Baez rather than law enforcement.

Citing sworn statements by Dominic Casey, Strickland wrote, "If truthful, they are extremely troubling. While it is certainly possible that Mr. Baez may have intended to call law enforcement himself, there would be absolutely no reason, legal, practical, or otherwise to call anybody but law enforcement."

The Strickland letter and the entire Dominic Casey issue were investigated by a Florida Bar grievance committee and resulted in a finding of no probable cause against Baez, a Bar spokeswoman said early last month.

When asked to discuss the Strickland letter last month, Baez said, "I have been cleared of all Bar complaints filed against me."

The Florida Supreme Court created The Florida Bar as an investigative arm to "enforce the standards of ethical conduct of our lawyers," according to Bar process information provided by Kirksey.

Bar complaints, if substantiated, can lead to disciplinary action ranging from suspension of the practice of law to disbarment.

"Admonishments can be issued by grievance committees, referees or the Supreme Court of Florida," according to the Bar literature

It's not clear when this latest complaint was filed, and Kirksey said no details about the complaint can be divulged at this stage.

The Orlando Sentinel inquired about the possibility of a new Bar complaint against Baez after reviewing a recently released law enforcement interview with Brad Conway, the former attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony's parents.

During that interview, Conway complained about Baez' behavior and said he had misrepresented certain facts to the court.

Several messages left for Conway this week were unanswered, so it is unclear if Conway's concerns expressed to Orange County detectives were also shared with The Florida Bar.

In August, Conway announced on national TV that he was no longer representing the Anthonys after he was caught up in a legal dispute between Casey Anthony's defense team and Texas EquuSearch.

At that time Conway released a statement saying: "I am now a witness to an inaccurate legal pleading filed in our court system. As such, I cannot continue in good conscience as a legal representative. George and Cindy Anthony have done nothing improper; it is the failure of the defense to verify the facts alleged in their motion that forces my withdrawal."

On Oct. 3, 2010, Conway met with Orange County detectives under a subpoena and spoke with them for about an hour. During that conversation, one detective noted that Conway had recently stopped representing the Anthonys and that Conway stated he might be called as a witness.

That's when the detectives asked Conway why he thought he might be a witness

"On the surface of it, Mr. Baez filed a motion with the court in which he claimed that I had had access to Texas EquuSearch records under circumstances that were untrue," Conway said, "and that I was, let's say, given preferential treatment. That was also untrue."

"On the surface, those statements that he basically swore to in filing this with the court, that was untrue," Conway said.

Conway went on to say that Baez also claimed that Conway had information that would corroborate the defense claim that Caylee's remains were not at the location where they were ultimately found in December 2008 during a brief period when Casey Anthony was out of jail.

"And that was not true," Conway told the investigators.

Caylee's remains were found in a heavily wooded area off Suburban Drive and not far from the Anthony home.

Texas EquuSearch volunteers searched parts of the area in early September of 2008. The questioning of Conway also involved one searcher, Laura Buchanan, who initially claimed she had searched in the exact area where the remains were found and saw nothing in September 2008.

Following an investigation and questioning at her deposition in November, Buchanan changed her story and said she did not know the exact area where the remains were found and probably searched an area 35 feet away.

Many other Texas EquuSearch officials and volunteers have said the area where the child's remains were found was under water and could not be searched in September 2008.
source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Baez hung up the phone as soon as a reporter called to ask about the complaint this morning.
I bet Jose is pissed. One complaint after another, sanctions and KC for a client. I wonder how his stomach is feeling these days?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:05 pm

I wonder if its Conway then who has lodged the complaint. I would love to see them all in the slammer.
Cindy Anthony has gotten away with so much obstruction and they have let her slide because she is the "grieving grandmother". She can count on that just so long before they finally decide to charge her with obstruction in the Buchanan case if it can be proved she had something to do with Laura doctoring those forms.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 pm

New Ethics Complaint Could Cost Casey's Lawyer
Posted: 4:20 pm EST February 2, 2011
Updated: 6:37 pm EST February 2, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, was hit with another ethics complaint. This one is so severe, he could lose his ability to practice law if it proves to be true...
WFTV has confirmed someone, though it's not clear who, has filed a grievance against Jose Baez for allegedly misrepresenting facts to the court...
The grievance apparently comes from an accusation made by Casey's parents' former attorney, Brad Conway.
Conway told Orange County sheriff's investigators four months ago that Baez lied to Chief Judge Belvin Perry about how Conway had seen evidence showing Caylee's body was not in the woods four months before her remains were found, but Conway told them, "I certainly did not see that, wasn't aware of it."...
A two-day hearing has been set for March 2-3. That's when the judge will consider a defense motion to suppress statements made by Casey's parents and brother, her father's self-proclaimed mistress, her jail pen pal, and her statements to law enforcement.

Read more at:

Last edited by lisette on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:55 pm

GUILTY

mercy

Back to top Go down

Normal Hi all...TES search..

Post by LRT on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:42 am

Good Morning everyone.
I am new to your site, I think you all are Great!

I worked at the TES search at the sign in and out table.
You got a form ,filled it out, then showed your ID...you then got a wrist band.
We put all the forms in alphabetical order for them to go to The Sheriff's office..
The Sheriff's office would go through them to see if anyone that was a person of interest in the case was searching.
You could also download a form from the TES site and turn in at the sign in desk.
We signed you OUT  against the sign-in sheet....making sure no one was left behind on a search.
I can tell you we had retired FBI, Law Enforcement etc. On these searches.
If Laura B had a form....she either downloaded from the computer or took an extra one to do exactly what she did..LIE!
I can verify that Suburban Dr. Was under water. I was with a friend that was on previous searches and saw that it was under water.

I hope I posted this is the right spot...
Have a Great Day all!

LRT

Back to top Go down

Normal The Dream

Post by LRT on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:50 am

This Dream was posted by a fellow poster on the Topix Forum..Nov 9 2008..
Wow..did she hit the nail on the head!

Grand mama wrote:
Well she was thinking that after little girl didn't wake up from the deep sleep she induced that she would take her home and make it look like a drowning. But then she came to her senses the little she has. And put baby in trash bags. 3 was in my dream. Used a flat tipped shovel not a pointed one three scoopes on each side in fact would look like an upside down triangle. If I am correct they should find the baby to the left of their home. 80 feet off the old road. Where there are some tree's that hang down to the ground. Not heavy folage light. She placed her there and did not say a word.
I have told this to all my friends and family. I have been right more times than I have been wrong.
This dream was on July 20. I have never been to Florida and can not afford to go. I do believe in my heart that she is not far from the home.
If there is any body that is familiar with where they live is there an ond country road maybe 2 miles from their house. I have no way of knowing which direction the house sits. But if you were in their back yard you would go to the left to an angle to find the road.
I am sorry if I wrote too much but this has been bothering me for quite some time.
Thanks for reading. Have a Good Night.
May God Bless Our Little Angel

Last edited by LRT on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to explain the dream..UGH)

LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:41 am

And see the ONE thing that bothers me so much about people saying she expected her to wake up from the deep sleep is just that...if it was truly an accident, why would she sit in jail all this time letting people believe it was pre-meditated.

I think she knew her daughter would never open her eyes again. She was alive still when she was put in that trunk. what imbecile would really believe they could leave a 3 year old little girl in a hot trunk in florida, with ductape over her mouth and nose, and expect to find her alive when they went to check next? There is evidence she suffocated in the trunk.

The other thing that doesnt fit about the dream is just that. Caylee was in the trunk. She didnt have an accident and then her mom buried her..her mom drove around with her body in the trunk of her car for 2-3 days before she finally buried her. She drove around with her like that IMO because she knew her daughter was dead, so why even bother checking on her. she wanted her to be dead..she really wanted to make sure she was gone, before she got back into that trunk to get rid of her body.

When this case first broke i couldnt believe it was possible. I wanted to believe something had gone horribly wrong and she was just afraid to tell her mom. to tell her family. The kind of fear you experience when you know you are goin to tell someone something that is going to completely rock their world for the worst.

Now i know better. The only reason she said nothing is because she wanted to milk her new free life as long as she could, because she knew at some point someone was going to figure something out. She knew at some point people were going to wonder where her daughter went. She lived it up for 31 days because she *knew* that she had murdered her daughter, and she knew she was going to get caught.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:04 am

Dont forget that the last time Caylee was ever seen alive Casey that evening calmly went to rent videos with Tony L. She was seen on the video all lovey-dovey. At that time Caylee was in the trunk. There is also the diary where she actually wrote down her thoughts about what she had done. In that diary she says she made the "right decision" that means to me that it was an act of will. This was no accident.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 am

This ethics violation has to have been filed by Conway.
The problem I have with the State waiting until after the trial is if Baez gets disbarred would that not open a very valid reason to appeal a guilty verdict? Especially if Casey gets death? I doubt very seriously she would get death - I think she would get life, but still the ethics violation should be taken care of first before the trial. It needs to be settled. If Baez is out,
Cheney Mason is qualified enough to take over. After all, there has to be a contingency for this type of thing
where a head council might have to step down -illness, death etc. To wait until the trial is over and then have Baez disbarred or severely punished, leaves it wide open for appeal.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:04 am

Could it have been filed by OCSO? I don't know how that works. What is this, the third or fourth ethics violation Bozo's been charged with? God, I hope this doesn't give her grounds to change attorneys...
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:24 am

Thats a good point Lil - because wouldnt a defendent
get a say if there was a big problem like this with their attorney? I would think Casey should at least be made aware of this. She cannot be kept in the dark - can she?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Welcome to VH LRT! welcome2
I find it very interesting that you were at the registration desk when TES conducted their search. Could Laura B. have downloaded a search form and then forged it afterwards? I have the upmost respect for Tim Miller (like all of us here) and personally, I don't believe a word of that Laura B. defense. Lies
When I read that comment you provided on 'Grandmama' I wondered if that was actually CA posting back then, what do you think?
I'm so glad you joined VH, this is a great bunch of people.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:29 pm

KC has a right to know. If she thinks another attorney could do a better job, she has a right to ask for another one, but I don't know how much authority the judge would have. I know recently I heard of a case where a defendant asked for a new attorney right in the middle of his trial and the judge in that case told him "NO WAY, JOSE'!"

Last edited by Lilone on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Welcome and thank you, LRT!!! ❤
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 pm

raine1953 wrote:Welcome to VH LRT! welcome2
I find it very interesting that you were at the registration desk when TES conducted their search. Could Laura B. have downloaded a search form and then forged it afterwards? I have the upmost respect for Tim Miller (like all of us here) and personally, I don't believe a word of that Laura B. defense. Lies
When I read that comment you provided on 'Grandmama' I wondered if that was actually CA posting back then, what do you think?
I'm so glad you joined VH, this is a great bunch of people.
No not CA, cause Dane was acctually in touch with her.
Laura could have taken 2 forms and only handed one in.
Apparently it is stated she took over or the team leader that had to leave unexpectedly.
Team leaders had a different form and had certain instructions in a group meeting...she would NOT have been to that meeting...

I just hope she gets charged...
When I did a google search of LB docket numbers...
They exist ...which tells me there is a case. JMO

Thank You for the Welcome.

LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Sorry if a repeat..

Muzikman has posted Laura Buchanan 11/17 depo

LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:33 am

I see the members have welcomed you with open arms LRT. I want to join them in welcoming you to VH. I suspect grand ma ma is CA. Trying to gain some sympathy for KC. By a few facts only known to the person who dumped little Caylee there at the time that was posted. I am sure CA and GA totally believe this was an accident that went out of control. No one else is buying that. Sassy you are so right on with your post. I was proud of how you expressed in writing your thoughts about grand ma ma post. I agree with what you said. KC knew Caylee would not be coming out of that trunk alive. She made sure of it with the duct tape. Again lets hope she did knock Caylee out with chloroform before she put that duct tape over her mouth and nose. That vision of KC putting the duct tape over her daughters mouth and nose is disturbing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 am

BTW another big thank you to lisette and artgal for their idea's on how to keep everyone informed and up to date but in a more organized fashion as we count down the days until Caylee gets justice. I like how the thread is going.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am

Don't forget the status hearing this afternoon at 1:30 p.m. I'm sure the local stations will be carrying it live...Today is my day to go take care of Mom's lunch and bath, etc. so I will not be able to be online at that time...Will have to catch up with it later...Not sure what all will be covered, but I don't think KC is going to be there. At least, that was the last I read.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm

artgal16 wrote:The article about is completely nonsensical to me. What are we all doing here if this isnt a murder case? Did Caylee bury herself with duct tape over her face? If Caylee was the victim of an accident would she have ended up in the cold ground? Under what circumstances would a child be buried
in a dirty wooded area with duct tape over her mouth if it wasnt foul play?

I completely agree, artgal! This is a ridiculous defense - they have nothing to go on!! Not only that, but they have a recording of CA telling the 911 operator, "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!" (I hope I quoted that correctly). Sorry, but those words will never be erased from my memory. Bottom line, Casey murdered her daughter, tried to cover it up, but it didn't work. I don't see how the defense can get around that!! crazy3 la la la head bang

Last edited by Rainbow on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Welcome LRT!! It's great to have someone on here who has been personally involved with this case. Your insight will be helpful!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Jose Baez refused to talk to reporters after Casey Anthony hearing
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
3:18 p.m. EST, February 4, 2011

After a long hearing dealing with scheduling and missed deadlines in the Casey Anthony case, defense attorney Jose Baez left the courtroom today and refused to answer any reporters' questions.

Those include questions about whether Baez lied to former George and Cindy Anthony attorney Brad Conway.

"Mr. Baez did not lie to anybody and you are a pain …," Baez's co-counsel Cheney Mason told a WFTV reporter.

The defense team would not answer any questions related to the case today. Mason grumbled about media coverage being unfair and unbalanced.

Today's hearing was the first in the case since it was learned this week that Baez has another ethics complaint filed against him with The Florida Bar.

He repeatedly refused to respond to questions about whether he is worried about losing his license or staying on in the case.

Baez had a rough time inside the courtroom today as well.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry questioned why Baez still hasn't turned over discovery information to the prosecution as initially ordered late last year.

Perry gave Baez some additional time to produce the information but said no more time extensions will be granted.

Perry insists that any information defense experts don't express in writing or at their depositions will not be allowed in at trial.

I got to watch a little of the hearing on TruTV...JP was really "put out" with Bozo and his missed deadlines. I don't know what the decision was, but Bozo wanted to wait for three of the experts reports after he meets with them on Feb. 21 so he "can explain things to them." (I thought they wrote reports on what THEY observed from the evidence!) From what I could tell, JP was having none of it, but I didn't get to see what he ruled...Jeff Ashton, of course, was objecting, since the latest "deadline" was Jan. 26 (in conjunction with the sanction for not meeting the PRIOR "deadline"!) I can't see why JP would let him get away with this, but who knows?

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I missed the boat today - swamped at work - I only read that Cindy was in court today - I wonder if she went so she could talk to Baez after the latest ethic violation she might be worried and who knows if he returns her calls? If someone sees a link to the hearing please post it as I dont know when Ill have time to get back here.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 pm

The letters of Cindy Anthony to her daughter Casey who sits in jail as a result of her reporting to police that the car Casey was driving smelled like there was a dead body in it, are most revealing. It reveals a profile of someone who is experiencing guilt, denial, arrogance, aggression and omnipotence, who has to be in control. The level her smallness in the name calling of a Channel 9 reporter also reveals her level of immaturity.

CINDY CONTROL

Cindy writes They are still waiting for you to crack. I will not let that happen. This statement shows her controlling nature and feelings of omnipotence as she tells Casey that she will not let Casey crack. The reality is that she has no control over Casey and whether or not she will crack. Maybe she did in the past, but she certainly has no control over Casey now.

CINDY DEFIANT

Then you see a slice of arrogance and defiance when she writes I don’t care who reads my letters.” It is the same defiance we have seen in Casey so it makes us more aware that the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. She also writes How much of this insanity are we supposed to endure ? Once again this reflects her victim mentality as in “look what they are doing to poor me.”

CINDY CONTROLLING FAMILY DYNAMIC

Cindy continues to show her controlling nature as she attempts to control the family dynamic by reassuring Casey that her brother Lee and father support her. This also shows her denial. In my view there is no possible way that Lee or George can fully support Casey when a. they must know deep down that she killed Caylee and b. she outed them for sexually molesting her. If she lied, how can they support her for falsely accusing them? If she is telling he truth, how can they support her for outing them?

CINDY IN DENIAL

Cindy writes “Lee has always been a very private person, so his wisdom has kept him away from most of this nonsense,” This clearly shows how much denial Cindy appears to be. First of all Lee is not so wise. We have all seen him act life a buffoon with his inappropriate laughter during depositions and on the witness stand. We have seen him inappropriately mouth “I love you” to Casey when he was on the stand. That in my view is not wisdom. Instead, it is stupidity. When she write ..kept him away from all of this nonsense it really shows her state of denial. One would never call having her daughter on trail for her life for killing her granddaughter nonsense.

CINDY’S GUILT AND PROJECTION

Her statement “Don’t let them destroy you.,” reflects the guilt she is no doubt feeling . Cindy is feeling destroyed about Casey and her present situation. It was Cindy who told Casey in a fit of anger that she was throwing her out and keeping Caylee. That is when Casey left with Caylee, who was never to be seen or heard from again. It is clear projection on Cindy’s part when she says not to let them destroy Casey because what has happened has clearly destroyed Cindy . It is obviously too painful for her to admit her role in all of this so she tells Casey to
“Hold on to the truth and know that Jesus is with you. He will protect you from your enemies.”

CINDY’S BLAMING THE ENEMIES

Once again we see the: us against them: denial pattern and blaming everyone else out there—the enemies” for her and Casey’s situation. It also reflects Cindy’s lack of taking responsibility and for allowing a dysfunctional stealing, lying. daughter to get away with her antics for a lifetime. Now that it has come to the point that her deviant her daughter is facing the death penalty, all she can do is play the victim and blame others instead of looking at herself and her role in all of this.

CONTROL FREAK CINDY RESURFACES

Her Control Freak nature surfaces once again as she gives Casey orders in command terms by writing I need you to stay focused and strong. Don’t let all of the games that the state’s attorney’s office is playing get to you. Referring to it as a “game” speaks volumes. rest assured that the Prosecution is not looking at this as a game.

CINDY’S FOCUS ON CASEY’S PHYSICAL APPEARANCE

Cindy also holds Casey’s looks and appearance at a premium as she comments on Casey’s hair length and how beautiful she looked. It is no wonder why Casey is so self-conscious in the courtroom and constantly grooms herself. Casey no doubt believes that her only worth in her mother’s eyes is evidently in how beautiful she looks . When a person’s daughter is facing the death penalty, their looks should be the least thing on a parent’s mind.

CINDY’S DISTORTED THINKING BY BEING “PROUD ” OF CASEY

When Cindy wrote in a letter to Casey, “I’m proud of you.” we can defiantly see how she has a distorted way of thinking. What is Cindy proud of? a. her daughter killing her granddaughter? b. Casey’s ignoring her and not acknowledging her in the courtroom as she strains to get Casey’ s attention? c. Casey’s sending law enforcement on a wild goose chase and lying to them? d. Casey’s trying to pin the blame on a fictitious Zanny the Nanny or e. All of the above? No one in their right mind would be proud of Casey under any circumstance.

CINDY’S MANIPULATION

When Cindy trashes the media and says “It makes me sick that I don’t even have some of the pictures of Caylee that they do,” it shows just how Cindy is trying to manipulate Casey even behind bars, as she no doubt did all of Casey’s life.

The photos were no doubt Cindy;s photos at one time . Cindy doesn’t have the photos of Casey she is complaining about because she most likely sold them to the media. How do you think the media got the photos of Caylee in the first place?

Caylee was not a celebrity who was hounded and stalked by paparazzi during her three years of life. So the question is , who sold her photos to agencies , who may have sold the the photos to media outlets? Did Cindy sell them to specific media outlets herself? We know that ABC paid 250,000 dollars for photos. It was Cindy or the Anthony family, who no doubt took Caylee’s photos. It was most likely in my view Cindy who sold them to media outlets, who no doubt paid a licensing fee to use the photos. If Cindy doesn’t have the photos, it is because in my view she sold them.

CINDY’S IMMATURITY IN NAME-CALLING

Once again in blaming mode and making others the enemy, Cindy refers to a reporter as “Little Ms. witchy pooh from Channel 9. No doubt she was referring to Cathy Belich who asks provocative questionsn and who’s physcial appearance may not be up to Cindy’s standards. It also reflects Cindy’s immaturity level in having to resort to name- calling to make herself feel better and to release her anger and animosity at the reporter.

In my view,Cindy;s mis guided anger at the reporter should really be directed at Casey who most likely killed her granddaughter.

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE ANGER AT CASEY

But when Cindy writes to Casey that she wants justice for Caylee more than anyone and says “I will not rest ever until that happens,” her comment may be a passive aggressive dig at Casey. It may be her attempt to indirectly lash out at Casey. She must know deep down what Casey did to Caylee, especially after reporting that the car smelled like a dead body was in it She wants justice for Caylee and no doubt is letting Casey know that she wants Casey to pay for what she did to Caylee.

FALSE IDEALIZATION

We also see a sense of false idealization , The ways he signs off in each leeetr shows how she would like to feel about Casey. But unfortunately the reality is different. In all of her letters Cindy signs them Love you always and forever.I wonder if Cindy will love Casey always and forever as the trial begins and as she hears the gruesome accounts of what Casey no doubt did to Caylee. I wonder if she will love Casey always and forever when she is grilled on the stand and some unpleasant things come out about her pertaining to Casey. I wounder if she will love Casey always and forever if and when a unanimous jury finds her daughter guilty of murdering her granddaughter and sentences her to death.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 4th, 2011 at 4:23 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. Tagged: body language, body language analysis, body language expert, Casey Anthony, Casey Anthony trial, Caylee, Caylee Anthony, Cindy Anthony letters to Casey, Cindy Anthony's jailhouse letters, communicaiton expert, communication patterns, dr. lillian glass, Lee Anthony, lillian glass, m [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You can feed this entry. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
source
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:33 pm

In examining Casey Anthony’s behavior, her body language and communication patterns throughout the years, it is my view that there appear to be are signals of sociopathy or psychopathy based on the characteristics presented in psychologist Robert Hare’s Hare Scale of Psychopathy.” As you recall Casey Anthony’s behavioryou may see that she appears to share many traits listed below:

Factor 1

Aggressive narcissism

1.Glibness/superficial charm
2.Grandiose sense of self-worth
3.Pathological lying
4.Cunning/manipulative
5.Lack of remorse or guilt
6.Emotionally shallow
7.Callous/lack of empathy
8.Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
Factor 2

Socially deviant lifestyle

1.Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
2.Parasitic lifestyle
3.Poor behavioral control
4.Promiscuous sexual behavior
5.Lack of realistic, long-term goals
6.Impulsiveness
7.Irresponsibility
8.Juvenile delinquency
9.Early behavioral problems
10.Revocation of conditional release
Traits not correlated with either factor

1.Many short-term marital relationships
2.Criminal versatility
When a sociopath or psychopath feels that there is no way out and they can no longer manipulate they often become severely depressed. Because of that it is not uncommon for them to commit suicide. Remember this is what occurred happened with Philip Markoff the medical student who killed a woman who’s add he answered on Craigslist. Markoff knew there was no way out of his situation. He knew that he could never finish medical school, or become a doctor, or marry his clueless fiancé and live an upscale life. He also knew that he could no longer live his other life where he abused and tortured and killed women. He was locked away in a cell in a Boston jail with no visitors and no support system. He knew that things would never get better and that he could never talk his way out of this one .So as his final act of desperation and control he found a way to systematically kill himself in his jail cell and as a final act of control. He even wrote messages in his own blood on his cell wall as a shout out to his former fiancé. This dramatic way out could easily happen with Casey Anthony in my view.

Sociopaths and Psychopaths don’t usually commit suicide for the same reasons non- psychopaths or sociopaths would commit suicide. Instead, their reasons for committing suicide is more as a final act of control.

So if Casey is found guilty of the crime of murdering her daughter Caylee and is sentenced to death by the State, she may possibly attempt suicide and succeed. In doing so, it may serve as her final act of defiance and control. She may commit suicide as an act of controlling her own death on her own terms.

There are those who believe that Casey is way too narcissistic, too self absorbed and to too in love with herself to do harm to herself, let alone kill herself. I disagree. If and when she is housed in a prison’s Death Row, Casey will get a rude awakening.

Right now, she is the total center of attention and she seems to love it. She appears to love showing up in court with her different outfits often unbuttoned to show some cleavage. Then there are her varied hair styles she apparently likes to show off in the courtroom as well.

For Casey, the ,most important thing appears that she always looks good. That is why you always see her grooming her hair or adjusting her clothing. She also gets the pleasure of seeing her “crush” and attorney Jose Baez and whomever else she fancies at the moment.

She gets enjoyment in sharing a smile or a laugh with Jose. Most of all she appears to get some joy out of seeing her parents agonizing over her in the courtroom, while she purposely ignores them. She no doubt knows that Cindy is straining to get Casey to look in her direction, but Casey consistently refuses to do so.

In addition, she knows that her every move is televised and scrutinized by the press and no doubt loves all that attention .

But if she is found guilty and sentenced to death, all of that external attention will suddenly disappear. If the recent Jose Baez allegations leveled against Jose Baez are true and the Florida Bar finds that he has done wrong, he may very well lose his license. If that is the case, he will not be able to represent Casey and will have no cause to ever see her again. This would no doubt add to her depressed state as she sees Jose as her lifeline to the world and has come to depend on him as her savior. Is he is no longer there to save her, despair may very well set in.

Add to that the hours and hours of complete isolation and complete boredom in her cell with little or no human interaction for long periods of time. Since Casey requires a lot attention for her survival, the lack of stimulation, the lack of visual and auditory stimulation will be devastating for her.

She may not be able to tolerate her the continuous boredom imposed on her as it will be torture for her. Because of that it is not impossible that she may decide to take matters into her own hands kill and herself because like Craigslist Killer Philip Markoff, she may feel she has absolutely no way out of her miserable existence.

Even though Casey will most likely appeal her conviction, the wheels of justice turn very slow. She may not be able to handle the years and years it will take. In addition, she can forget about the regular attorney visits to add some human contact to her existence and help with her boredom.

While she will most likely continue to receive letters from mentally disturbed fans who support her innocence and who may even ask her to marry them, she may find the written words empty and meaningless as she knows the truth- that her life as she once knew it is essentially over. This realization may be too much for this once party animal to handle so she may take it upon herself to finally end it all.

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:46 pm

ORANGE CITY, Fla. -- The lead attorney in the case against Casey took some more heat late Friday afternoon; Jose Baez was lectured for missing more court deadlines, and this has already gotten him in trouble before.

The defense says it still needs more time, even though one defense expert who hasn't yet written her report is "Tweeting" about nursing her sick cat, working on her new book, and vacationing in Tahiti.

The judge did not give Baez as much time as he wanted and is obviously losing patience with him.

"The experts, do they have telephones?" Judge Belvin Perry asked Baez rhetorically in court Friday.

Judge Perry asked Baez pointed questions after the defense missed Perry's deadline by ten days to give prosecutors reports of defense experts' opinions. Four are not done, which are holding up prosecutors' depositions.

Baez claims two of his experts are not even returning his calls.

"If they don't have the reports in by February 15, I guess they will not be testifying," Judge Perry said.

The defense has also missed the court deadline for telling prosecutors the results of its own DNA testing on Caylee's shorts and the laundry bag her remains were found in; the judge is going to call the lab himself.

WFTV also found out Friday that investigators are testing the ink on Casey's diary in which she wrote, "This is the happiest I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow," and that she knows she made the right decision. It's dated June 21 without a year, and there are pages missing.

Investigators want to find out if Casey wrote it just five days after Caylee disappeared. The defense wants to keep it out.

"I don't like the whole thing," Baez told the judge.

Friday, Baez would not answer WFTV's questions about a grievance filed against him with the Florida Bar accusing him of lying to the judge about evidence in the murder case.

Baez was already fined almost $600 for missing court-ordered deadlines, but Friday there was no talk of finding him in contempt of court, which the judge had said at the last hearing could be the next step.

source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:46 pm

I just read through the comments that were being made on WESH as the hearing was going on. It is evident that JA and LDB are sick and tired of Bozo's incompetence in meeting deadlines, etc. I really don't understand why JP didn't find him in contempt today for not turning those reports over when he was supposed to! I'm thinking that JA was thinking the same thing! I mean he is the one that brought the motion for sanctions because of Bozo's failure to meet deadlines earlier...He probably thinks that the judge should step in and do what's necessary now. Instead JP is allowing Reichs and Logan until Feb. 15, Rodriquez until Feb. 21, and Spitz until Mar. 11...I know JA and LDB are livid!! I don't get it, unless JP is going over and beyond to avoid an appeal or mistrial. IDK. From what I saw today, Bozo is totally incompetent to be practicing law. He is clueless!!
CA was there, and boy! has she gained the weight! Someone on the livewire comments pointed out that she didn't have on a wedding band. Maybe won't fit? or ?
I hope they'll have video of the hearing on somewhere later...I think they were having some audio and/or interference so IDK...WFTV and WESH usually have it, but they didn't ever put the last telephone hearing up when they said they would...Maybe YouTube will have it?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:47 pm

The defense expert who is in Tahiti is Kathy Reichs
also a famous author and originator of the television series Bones.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Lisette where did you see Cindy Anthony =I cant find video of the hearing at all, if someone finds it please post. Andy where is George?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

I saw the part where Jeff Ashton presented copies of Reichs' twitters to prove that she HAS been available to do a report recently...It was hilarious. Bozo was so ticked! I think these experts are avoiding Bozo because they don't want ANYTHING to do with him and this case!
Baez claims two of his experts are not even returning his calls.
Supports my claim! la la la crazy3

Last edited by lisette on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:53 pm

art, I was able to just watch a little of the hearing on TruTV at my Mom's...Was not able to get online...I did go back and read the comments that were being texted during the hearing on WESH after I got home. (The hearing was over.) I do hope somebody has it on later...It looked like a doozy with Bozo being laughable...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:04 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry set new deadlines in the case against Casey Anthony on Friday as he moves the case toward a May trial. Anthony was not present at the hearing.
Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez filed a motion asking for more time to submit several expert witness reports. Baez asked for an additional 45 days for two of the expert reports.
"It's just too late," said prosecutor Jeff Ashton. "I can't wait on other people's convenience to prepare my case."...
Perry set deadlines for each of the four remaining defense experts that range from Feb. 15 to March 11.
Perry said if the defense does not submit reports from the experts by the timelines he set, they would not be able to testify at the trial...
Recently released evidence documents show FBI testing was done on Casey Anthony's diary to determine when entries were written. While the diary has a date of 2003, the test revealed the diary itself was only sold in 2004...
Perry told Baez to file a motion to exclude.
Perry revealed Friday that he would inform attorneys of the location of jury selection on May 2. They will then have several days to inform Perry of any objections.
Baez argued that he wanted 30 days notice of the location....

Read more at:

Last edited by lisette on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: