Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

+16
laga
mommyof3kids
HippieChick
raine1953
littlehalfpint
Praying For Faith
Slys Hunny
Lilone
Wrapitup
Nama
charminglane
Heike
jeanne1807
artgal16
cherylz
lisette
20 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 12 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Help, LM! We're getting multiple Casey Anthony threads! I think we need to merge... :thanks:

lisette

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 12 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 pm

You're OK, Lisette. The comments kind of blend in together. Let's move on and try to keep this thread on the motions themselves. Thanks!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:56 pm

lindamarie wrote:artgal I could not find anything indicating when their courts close for the day. Anyone notice Mason had to excuse himself from Tony's deposition? Why? What made him so uncomfortable in Tony's when in Amy's he was there asking the hard questions.

Jealous of Casey and Tony and their relationship?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Did you catch that Charm? I was blown away that Mason is on record saying "this is making him sick" he can't do it and wanted to leave. I would not doubt he is jealous.
Barf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:25 pm

So does this mean we have a love triangle between Casey, Baez and Mason...and Tony.

What a case this one is. No wonder we are fascinated with all of this.

You could not make all of this up if you tried.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 pm

I got the idea that CM was getting frustrated with something about the technology they were trying to use in the depo with Tony... I think they had to do his long distance, and they were having trouble faxing or emailing his earlier statement or something...I may be wrong, but I think that's why CM left.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Linda- do you still have the list that IIRC you posted awhile back of all the places that will/might have live stream of the jury selection and trial?

TIA

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:13 am

I brought this article over from The Hinky Meter because Valhall gives the most down-to-earth explanation of why JP ruled as he did as any I've read.

Caylee Anthony case: Stain in
Posted on April 22, 2011 by Valhall
It appears the defense team were unable to “Shout it out” on that big ugly, stinky stain in Casey Anthony’s trunk. Judge Perry issued an order yesterday denying the defense’s request to exclude all testimony concerning the stain as irrelevant. Judge Perry found that Casey’s “dream team” did not meet their burden of proof in supporting their motion and ruled that

…any evidence relating to staining in the trunk of the automobile may be admissible upon proper presentation and foundation of the evidence.

So, as many of us were saying through-out this part of the recent hearings (which by the way was only presented in Baez’s most awesome closing statement), why can’t this just be challenged before the jury at trial? I guess that’s what Judge Perry wondered as well!

Now, please note that in Judge Perry’s ruling he states that

…the Defendant bears the burden of proving the facts alleged in her motion and justifying the relief requested. Defendant, however, did not present any factual evidence at the hearing in support of the grounds alleged in the motion, and therefore failed to meet her burden of proof.

Is this true?

Yep! As stated before, no witnesses were presented to support that any testimony concerning the stain would be irrelevant, no evidence was presented to support this particular motion, just Baez…babbling about bananas. Now, in his closing arguments Baez made these awesome statements of nonfact…

Almost every American has a stain in their trunk. <= Not a statement of fact, and not based on any scientific research. Just one man having such an immense ego he thinks he can throw out hyperbole in a court of law and make it stick as a sound argument.
It could have been a banana. <= It could have been excrement from a trapped Chewbacca in the trunk as well, but it’s highly unlikely. There is about as much evidence of a banana in Casey’s trunk as there is a caged Chewbacca, so not a statement based on any fact or evidence, just a…”let’s see I already used the dairy food group, let’s throw in fruit now” speculative statement.
It could be from the trash bag. <= Yes, it could be. Present that at trial. Not a statement of fact, just an alternative argument. That’s what you’re getting paid slave wages for, Baez.
And because Baez’s closing argument wandered like a lost village idiot through various motions never clearly delineating their contentions about the stain versus their objections about chloroform:

It could be from a wet bathing suit saturated with pool water from Tony Lazzaro’s apartment swimming pool from June 2nd, or something like that. <= See banana and Chewbacca crap argument above. Not a statement of fact.
As you can clearly see, not a stick of fact anywhere in Baez’s closing argument concerning this motion he thought he could just file and then do a multi-tasking lip-flap and pen-click at and win.

Go figure.

Valhall.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:31 am

Judge Expected To Rule On More Key Evidence In Casey Case
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The judge in the case against Casey Anthony could rule on Friday on more key evidence found in the trunk of her car.

Read more at:

Since the courthouse is closed today, wonder if his rulings would be released before Monday, even if he did "turn them in" today...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:44 am

Is the court closed today?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Yes Courts are closed for Good Friday. I think every one should get the day off as a National Holiday on Good Friday. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Happy Easter Artgal.
Couple Hugging
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Happy Easter everyone - I think they should give us off Monday after Easter - I always have so much cleaning up to do!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 am

I cannot wait till this is over, justice has prevailed for the beautiful life that was taken away by her mother and that biatch rots in hell for all eternity or gets shock treatment to death.
Tired of looking at her ugly mug and listening to the rest of her f'ed up, gummed up family.

Maybe that is Cindy's problem. She swallows.
The gum.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:35 am

I'm sick of JB, too, and all his total crap. I am anxiously awaiting opening arguments.

Certainly Cindy and George are not allowed to be present during jury selection?? How is that ok- they will be witnesses, testifying, yet are allowed to be there for jury selection?? hmmmm

I can see Cindy, raising her hand- "Excuse me, your Honor, I don't like that last juror."

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 12 888221

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Charming, I LOVED EVERY WORD of your last post!! and 100% AGREED!! good post

Hippie Chick, OMG, I could TOTALLY See gum trying to have a say in the jury selection! I am pretty sure victims family members are allowed to be in court at jury selection... I don't count the Aunts as "Victims(Caylee) Family Members" but in the end... UGH (HUGE GULP) they are considered that in the eyes of the LAW Barf
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Are they REALLY? Even if they are to be testifying? I didn't know that. Seems weird. Well, not to worry. Cindy will not be able to control herself, between the
g u m chomping, water bottle swigging and her usual plethora of nasty looks, sour faces, shaking or nodding her head, general looks of disgust...she will hopefully be tossed out in very short order. "Victims family" (snort) or not.

HippieChick

Last edited by HippieChick on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : yeah ok I edited twice. Why the mean look? LOL)
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:17 pm

I think she will be tossed out for disrespectful actions, too.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Where might Casey Anthony's jury come from?
By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel
4:25 p.m. EDT, April 24, 2011

Anyone asked to report for jury duty the week of May 9 has a chance of being seated as a juror in one of the most notorious murder cases the state has ever seen: the first-degree-murder trial of Casey Anthony.

When a jury is seated, Orange County will be home to the trial for Anthony, accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in the summer of 2008.

But the jury won't come from here. Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry plans to seat the jury in another county and then bring 12 jurors — and eight alternates — to Orange County to be sequestered for the eight-week trial.

Perry won't say where he plans to go for jury selection. The Orlando Sentinel asked several legal and jury experts what regions of the state the defense and prosecution would like to see the jury come from.

Video: Preview of SeaWorld's "One Ocean" show

Tampa/St. Petersburg

Experts say: Favors prosecution

With its large population and high number of educated professionals, the Tampa area would be an ideal place for prosecutors to seat a jury, according to jury consultant Susan Constantine.

The area was home to Jessica Lunsford, a 9-year-old kidnapped from her home in Homosassa and later raped and killed. John Couey was convicted in that trial, which was held in Miami, and sentenced to death.

Tampa and St. Petersburg would also be a good choice for the state because of their retiree populations, Stetson University College of Law professor Charles Rose said. Rose predicts Anthony's jury will have a lot of retirees — because they've got the time to spend sequestered, in another city, serving on a trial that's expected to last two months.

Jacksonville

Experts say: Tossup

Duval County, where Jacksonville is located, has a professional work force in industries including education, health and transportation. Voters there lean Democratic, but only slightly. Leonard Birdsong, a law professor at Barry University, says prosecutors would do well with a jury seated here.

But trial consultant Amy Singer thinks this North Florida city would be better for the defense because of its educated population.

Miami/Fort Lauderdale

Experts say: Favors defense

Defense attorney José Baez has made it clear this is where he wants to choose Anthony's jury from. The area's cosmopolitan feel makes it less likely that people here would have paid a lot of attention to the Anthony case, happening hundreds of miles away in Orlando. Miami-Dade and Broward counties also see their fair share of crime, so populations there may be less sensitive to it, experts say.

Jury consultant Constantine said if she were on the defense team, she'd be pushing hard to get a jury from Miami, Fort Lauderdale or the Keys because South Florida tends to have lower conviction rates and a more diverse population compared with other regions of the state.

Tallahassee

Experts say: Favors prosecution

As the state capital and home to a large university, Tallahassee has many workers in government and in the education field. Leon County leans heavily Democratic, but the court circuit in that area is made up of six counties, some of which have much more conservative leanings and a less-educated population.

Rose, the Stetson law professor, said populations heavy with retirees, military or government employees tend to be more on the side of the establishment: They think the system works and trust the government.

Staff writer Jeff Kunerth contributed to this report. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or 407-420-5735.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:16 am

I have a gut feeling about Tallahassee. The peeps there are generally intelligent, Capitol of Florida, major college town, far enough away that they would not get the latest news coverage. Students are off for the Summer. Perfect scenario for the prosecution.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:13 am

Oh, Charm! You're killing me with your 10:07 pm comment!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:56 am

Tampa and St. Petersburg would also be a good choice for the state because of their retiree populations, Stetson University College of Law professor Charles Rose said. Rose predicts Anthony's jury will have a lot of retirees — because they've got the time to spend sequestered, in another city, serving on a trial that's expected to last two months.
praying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 am

Has anybody figured it out from what JP said. If you leave at 8am you will be there in time. Does it start at 9 or 10. So it would be 5 to 120 miles away.

I think JP is a master at clues. Perhaps they are going to be in the backyard of Orlando.

He doesn't give much but he did say "if you leave at 8 you will be on time". A clue..a clue. :cheering:
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Jeanne, I thought when he said that about leaving at 8:00 am would be fine, How far away could that be? Not very far if things start at 9:00. I mean, you have to allow for traffic slowdowns, etc. Maybe he meant that they could leave at that time the day before jury selection starts and they would be fine? I'm thinking that it would have to be on the very outskirts of Orlando for them to be able to leave at 8:00 the same morning as jury selection and make it! thinking
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Casey Anthony: How damaging is chloroform evidence?
By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Monday, April 25, 2011 6:43 AM
ORLANDO --
There's a mountain of scientific evidence against Casey Anthony. But it'll be up to a judge to decide if a jury will hear about it or if that science is just too new for court.

Brad Conway, who used to represent George and Cindy Anthony, said the state's theory is Caylee Anthony overdosed on chloroform. He said testing centering around chloroform carries the most weight.

"Chloroform is a substance that can be found from a lot of different common substances," Conway said. "But in terms of this case, chloroform is critical in this case because they are seeking a first degree murder conviction and they have to have evidence that is was premeditated and intentional. Chloroform is the only link that they have that is solid enough to support their allegation that it was premeditated and intentional."

Chloroform was detected in the trunk of the car driven by Casey. There's also evidence the chemical was researched on a computer at the Anthony house. The defense wants any and all talk and tests tossed out.

If a judge rules it can't be admitted into the trial, Conway said it'll be more difficult for the state to show premeditation and intention. But Conway thinks the state has a long line of circumstantial evidence.

"They're going for it (death penalty)," Conway said.

News 13's legal analyst David Fussell thinks the alleged "smell of death" could be the most damaging piece of evidence against her if it's allowed in.

Scientists in Tennessee said air samples taken from the trunk of the car show signs of decomposition. The defense said these tests are scientifically unreliable. Never before in a court of law has human decomposition been determined from an air test.

"I think the whole odor issue is going to be fairly critical. If they bring science in that says that this gas is from a decaying body that's going to be damming," Fussell said. "Now in my opinion it shouldn't come in. It's not something that has met a scientific test yet. It's not been admitted anywhere in the country or anywhere in the world for my knowledge, so it's very it's a cutting edge type of experiment but there's no proof yet that's its really, really credible."

Both attorneys agree circumstantial evidence can be compelling.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Casey Anthony trial means code enforcement overhaul for Orlando

ORLANDO --
The city has begun preparing for the thousands of people expected to flock to Central Florida for the Casey Anthony trial.

The trial will draw reporters, spectators and even vendors to stay in Orlando, and the city wants to make sure it's prepared for all of them.

On Monday, the City Council is expected to approve temporary permits for media staging areas.

Officials from the city of Orlando and Orange County met last week to talk logistics, including how to accommodate protestors.

They decided protesters will be allowed in the area, but only if they do not affect the right of way.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:37 pm

I sure hope JP makes his ruling SOON, like Today!! thinking
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:47 pm

The Costs.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Anthony Attorneys Want Photos Excluded
New Motion Says 'Social Behavior' While Caylee Missing Is Irrelevant

...A motion filed last week argues the photos are "irrelevant and inadmissible" because they do not reveal a "consciousness of guilt," as the state has alleged....
The motion acknowledges the photographs could become relevant and admissible in the state's rebuttal case, which would follow the defense case in the trial.
It seeks, for now, to keep the photos out of the state's case-in-chief...

How many times do Bozo and CM have to hear "NO"!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Casey Anthony trial: Judge may rule today on chloroform evidence
Prosecutors want to use novel scientific work focusing on odor and air samples originating from the trunk of Anthony's car.

By Anthony Colarossi and Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel
9:55 a.m. EDT, April 25, 2011

The judge in the Casey Anthony case could issue key rulings soon -- possibly today -- on cutting-edge scientific evidence prosecutors want to use against her in next month's murder trial.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry is expected to decide whether scientific evidence about chloroform levels found in Anthony's car trunk and the growth of plant roots in the woods where Caylee's remains were found could potentially be used at her trial.

Prosecutors want to use novel scientific work focusing on odor and air samples originating from the trunk — an emerging science that has never been used in a courtroom.

Anthony, 25, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter in 2008.

Last week, Perry issued a key ruling about evidence of a stain found in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Anthony's defense team wanted to exclude evidence of the stain found in the trunk of her Pontiac Sunfire, which did not test positive for blood.

But prosecutors say the stain showed the presence of "volatile fatty acids consistent with the byproducts of decomposition."

In his order, Perry said, the defense bears the burden of proving the facts alleged in its motion and "justifying the relief requested."

But Anthony's defense, he said, "did not present any factual evidence at the hearing in support of the grounds alleged in the motion, and therefore failed to meet her burden of proof."

Perry's ruling means any evidence related to the stain may be admissible during the trial — but prosecutors will still have to show proper presentation and foundation of that evidence.

Anthony's trial is expected to begin May 9 with jury selection outside Orlando. If a jury is selected, members will be brought to Orlando and sequestered for a trial at the Orange County Courthouse that will begin May 17.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 pm

HippieChick, I have been looking all over for anything on Florida Law in regards to your question on if the Ants will be allowed at Jury selection because they are also witnesses and haven't found anything. I did just have a thought though.. I am wondering if even KC herself will be at Jury Selection if it is taking place outside of Orange County?? Would they take her all chained up and cuffed? crazy 1 So maybe the Ants can't go either. Maybe just JP, the Prosecution and Defense Attorneys? thinking
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Is jury selection public? That is odd. Its 5:00 oclock
and still no ruling from JP - maybe tomorrow.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:13 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:HippieChick, I have been looking all over for anything on Florida Law in regards to your question on if the Ants will be allowed at Jury selection because they are also witnesses and haven't found anything. I did just have a thought though.. I am wondering if even KC herself will be at Jury Selection if it is taking place outside of Orange County?? Would they take her all chained up and cuffed? The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 12 26510 So maybe the Ants can't go either. Maybe just JP, the Prosecution and Defense Attorneys? The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 12 384792

I dunno. I thought they were going to have a space for her at whatever county jail they were doing jury selection from. And that she would reside there for the duration of their time in that county. Of course I could be wrong, but it seems like I read it somewhere and that's where I got the idea. To have jail officers everyday to get her out of the jail, into transportation, driven to jury selection site, out of transportation vehicle into jail, into her "street clothing" outfit, and seated in the courtroom on time would be a more expensive plan than just keeping her locked up at the county lock-up.

If Ant's can and do go, they will either be paying for their own hotel accommodations or they will be driving the elusive 1 hour away trip everyday, then back home again.

I wonder if people will protest at Ant's house during the trial? I heard there will be people protesting at the courthouse, the county has already set money aside for dealing with the protesters issue.

And one last thought...If the Ant's think they need security, well, that's not surprising to me at all. I expect them to continue to act like the divas they are not, and do outlandish things such as hire security. It's a wonder they aren't trying to petition the state for monies to pay for it, yanno?

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Defense Motion Asks To Prohibit "31 Days" Evidence
ORLANDO, Fla. -- WFTV obtained a new motion filed by Casey Anthony's defense team wanting to prohibit, among other things, the party-girl pictures taken of Casey. The motion seems to suggest the defense team is really worried about the 31 days that Casey didn't report Caylee was gone.

Caylee was last seen alive on June 16, 2008, but Casey never told anyone Caylee was gone until a month later when her mother demanded answers. Why she said nothing is one of the first questions the 911 operator asked her, that investigators asked her, and it's one of the first questions the jury will want an answer to.
Almost three years later, we still haven't heard it....

Motion:

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Hippie, it is a wonder that we haven't seen an ad from tube sock boy seeking a pro bono personal security guard.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:01 pm

George, Cindy Anthony, listed as witnesses, want to attend hearings
The attorney for George and Cindy Anthony filed a motion late Monday asking to be excused from rule of sequestration.

By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel
6:29 p.m. EDT, April 25, 2011

Casey Anthony's parents want to be excused from a rule of sequestration that may be invoked during her upcoming murder trial because they are listed as witnesses but want to attend the proceedings.

George and Cindy Anthony's attorney filed a motion late Monday saying their constitutional rights would be prejudiced if they were excluded from "crucial stages" of the proceedings.

The motion said victims of crimes, including the next-of-kin of homicide victims, have the right to be present, "to the extent that it does not interfere with the constitutional rights of the accused."

Casey Anthony, 25, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie Anthony in the summer of 2008. Her trial is slated to begin with jury selection May 9.

George and Cindy Anthony have been subpoenaed as witnesses for the state, and have been called to testify at pre-trial hearings. In a previous ruling, a judge ruled that the Anthonys could attend the proceedings after they testified.

The motion said that the Anthonys anticipate that they'll only be allowed to attend portions of the trial after they've been released by the Court.

The rule of sequestration is designed to help ensure a fair trial by avoiding "the coloring of a witness's testimony by that which he has heard from other witnesses who have preceded him on the stand," the motion said.

The motion said that during each previous invocation of the rule of sequestration, Casey Anthony has made no request to exclude her parents from attending the hearing because of a prejudice to her.

Cindy Anthony is a familiar face at her daughter's pretrial hearings; George Anthony sometimes attends.

The motion said the court previously ruled George and Cindy Anthony can be present after their testimony, "but this simply is not enough."

The motion asks the court for an order excusing them from sequestration in the event either the state or defense team invokes the rule.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or 407-420-5735

Where do they get this sense of entitlement!? I wish I could buy them for what they're worth and sell them for what they think they're worth! They make me Barf
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:11 pm

I think the above posts answers our questions about the Ants being able to attend the jury selection too..

The motion said victims of crimes, including the next-of-kin of homicide victims, have the right to be present, "to the extent that it does not interfere with the constitutional rights of the accus
ed.

Gag me with a spoon! These Ants think this is THEIR world, and we ALL just live in it! rabbit BS
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:24 pm

You would think in this case when they are both victims of having their grand daughter murdered with the only one person being tried for that murder --their daughter-that they would be recused from sitting in on jury selection?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Wait isnt the trial televised? If so, then all they have to do is watch it on TV if they arent allowed in the courtroom correct?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 pm

artgal16 wrote:Wait isnt the trial televised? If so, then all they have to do is watch it on TV if they arent allowed in the courtroom correct?

I believe if they are sequestered until they testify they are not allowed. I suppose they would be on their honor...........???????
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Ha! Yes on their honor! They will be glued to the TV,
record it and play it over and over! When did they ever tell the truth
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:06 pm

artgal16 wrote:Ha! Yes on their honor! They will be glued to the TV,
record it and play it over and over! When did they ever tell the truth

"It smells like a dead body in the damn car"
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 pm

lisette wrote:Jeanne, I thought when he said that about leaving at 8:00 am would be fine, How far away could that be? Not very far if things start at 9:00. I mean, you have to allow for traffic slowdowns, etc. Maybe he meant that they could leave at that time the day before jury selection starts and they would be fine? I'm thinking that it would have to be on the very outskirts of Orlando for them to be able to leave at 8:00 the same morning as jury selection and make it! thinking

Hi Lisette. I am just getting back to my life on the computer after those carpet guys. What a day.
Ok you say court starts at 9 am..maybe. So if they are leaving Orlando at 8am..per Judge Perry I am guessing they are going within 30 miles. I know you can go 60 miles in an hour but Orlando traffic is really heavy and tough. So I am cutting it down to the 30 mile radias.

There are a lot of towns in that area. Which one will it be?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I believe Casey will be in attendence at the jury selection. It is her right.

I wonder how it will be for her when she hears witness after witness say "I can't serve..she is guilty".

I have a dear friend who lives in Jacksonville. I had heard that city as a potential jury pool. I asked her if she had ever heard of Casey and told her jury selection was starting soon.

She wrote back and said. "Everybody in the state of Florida knows Casey Anthony and knows she is guilty as can be. Who has a missing daughter and doesn't report her missing for 31 days".

All this from a gal pal that I thought would have no clue all this is going on.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I might be Brevard County...Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral area..this is where I lived. 45 miles from Orlando.

I don't see how this would be good for the defense if that is where they are gathering the jury because most people in that area are well aware of the Anthony case.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Will the jury selection be televised?

I would think that would be closed off to everyone..including the Ant's, Casey or the media. Or, do they consider the jury selection part of the trial? Anyone?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:51 pm

I am 99.99% positive the jury selection will NOT be televised or open to the media or public, but kc will take part.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Can we sequester the Ant's for all eternity?

Please? I've been good. Suspect
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:03 pm

I really don't see how they could televise the actual jury selection process...I mean, the jury members are kept secret, not shown during the actual trial, so I don't see how they could televise questioning them, etc. And KC will be there...I remember JP telling Bozo at one point that his client would be transported and kept in the local facilities when and where they went to select a jury.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:13 am

Very interesting Bill Shaeffer interview reference the defense wanting JP to throw out the "31 Days".

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 am

Somewhere or another I read that they are televising jury selection, not the names or faces, and Casey and the Ants were going to be there.

I wonder who will tell the Ants where they are going?

I bet Judge Perry would like to fly away!

"These are the times that try mens souls"
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 am

Casey Anthony: Pros and cons of public records and document dumps

By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:54 AM
ORLANDO --
We know what Casey Anthony has for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We know when her attorneys visit, and how long they stay. We even know what she's buying from the commissary behind bars.

Why is every minute detail about Casey Anthony released to the public?

"The people should have access to what the government has," said attorney Brad Conway, who represented George and Cindy Anthony for a time.

While he agrees the liberal laws in Florida are a hallmark of open government, Conway said the timing and release of discovery can lead to speculation and unfair prejudice.

"The downside is everybody has discovery and has access to it, and they base opinions on that instead of waiting until trial," he said.

Calls to 911, video visitations, letters between jailhouse pals, law enforcement interviews -- it's all fair game for the public and the media.

The Casey Anthony case, in particular, has exploited Florida's Sunshine laws, because of the insatiable appetite for any and every new detail in the case

For Conway, it's a blessing and a curse, because he has had to deal with it on both sides.

"One of the pieces of discovery in this case was George Anthony's suicide letter," said Conway.

In January 2009, police found Casey's father in a Daytona Beach hotel room after his family raised concerns. Public records laws have told us where he was found, and what he had with him.

The letter George wrote was almost released, until Conway stepped in to stop it.

"Judge [Stan] Strickland looked at the letter and realized there is no public value. There's no reason to release this," Conway explained.

We know how much prosecutors are spending on witnesses. We see emails between cops, and we hear their radio logs. If they get a paycheck from Orange County, we can read their personnel files.

Transparency in government and the justice system: Casey Anthony's life in county custody, so far, is an open book.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next