Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turning a Page for Caylee: Making Something Positive Happen!

+2
Wrapitup
janie
6 posters

Go down

Turning a Page for Caylee:  Making Something Positive Happen! Empty Turning a Page for Caylee: Making Something Positive Happen!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:13 am

This morning I found the following video which was the first one of Caylee that made me feel upbeat. I feel in my heart that's it's time to turn a page and make something positive come out of a negative experience. There is a season for everything. For me, it's time to stop mourning and take action. I'll share my thoughts after the video. What are your thoughts about how some positive change can come about as a result of Caylee's death . . . . a change that can affect the lives of others? And how do you think it can be done?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Turning a Page for Caylee:  Making Something Positive Happen! Empty Re: Turning a Page for Caylee: Making Something Positive Happen!

Post by janie Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks for the video lovemysam! I think now maybe a few more parents might listen to their teenage daughters when they say they don't want to keep the baby and put it up for adoption. I know this is a hard choice to make but some people just shouldn't have kids.
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Turning a Page for Caylee:  Making Something Positive Happen! Empty Re: Turning a Page for Caylee: Making Something Positive Happen!

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Great video, LMS!!!

Yes, I completely agree. For me personally, I cannot cry anymore. I am tired of being sad. While I will always keep Caylee Marie Anthony in my heart, it is time for ME to move into a state of action and do anything in my power to prevent her mother or her grandparents and Bozo to stop getting their way. Now, I do not have the power to do that (unfortunately) so all I can do is stay positive that Casey Anthony, and by extension her grandparents..will get what is coming to them.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by babyep Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:22 pm

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but before Caylee touched my life I was so against abortion. But now if a young mother wants an abortion I say go for it. I would rather have them have an abortion than later on kill the child anyways, especially after watching them grow and give hugs and kisses. UGH! Makes me sick that I have come to this thinking. My niece has a daughter 2 weeks older than my lil one and she decided that she wanted someone else to take this lil girl. Well I talked to my sister-in-law and told her that her daughter is so much like NOTmom that it scared me. I gave her sites to check out about how CaA acted and its just like her daughter. I told her to take her lil girl before something happens to her. I am so glad she listened to me. She told me that is so scary cause her daughter acts just like CaA did before she did what she did to Caylee. Wierd how my niece partys it up and doesn't have a care in the world now but at least she doesn't have to worry about her daughter plus she sees her whenever she decides to play mom.
babyep
babyep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:08 pm

My thought was to bring more awareness about Filicide, parents who murder their children. There is plenty of information and resources available to the public about missing children, and it even seems, as evidenced by recent foundations created, that missing children have become big business.

I may have missed it, and if I did, please let me know, but I couldn't find a National Association for the Prevention of Filicide or any type of organization that educates the public about this problem. This is the category that the Caylee Anthony case falls under, not a missing child case. If the media would connect Caylee to filicide and stop connecting her to a missing child case, this would divert attention away from the "foundation." It would be great if the community could have a Filicide Awareness Day, perhaps sponsored by the media. Information could be handed out about local mental health resources, what filicide is, warning signs, triggers, prevention, adoption resources, research, etc. Counselors should be more educated about this as well. Parents who are having terrible thoughts about possibly doing this to their children should be able to tell someone. I haven't read Brooke Shields' book, but I believe she thought about killing her daughter due to post-partum and was put on an anti-depressant.

Anyway, I think this taboo subject needs to come out into the open so another child doesn't become a victim of his/her parent. Education is always the key.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:12 pm

lovemysam wrote:My thought was to bring more awareness about Filicide, parents who murder their children. There is plenty of information and resources available to the public about missing children, and it even seems, as evidenced by recent foundations created, that missing children have become big business.

I may have missed it, and if I did, please let me know, but I couldn't find a National Association for the Prevention of Filicide or any type of organization that educates the public about this problem. This is the category that the Caylee Anthony case falls under, not a missing child case. If the media would connect Caylee to filicide and stop connecting her to a missing child case, this would divert attention away from the "foundation." It would be great if the community could have a Filicide Awareness Day, perhaps sponsored by the media. Information could be handed out about local mental health resources, what filicide is, warning signs, triggers, prevention, adoption resources, research, etc. Counselors should be more educated about this as well. Parents who are having terrible thoughts about possibly doing this to their children should be able to tell someone. I haven't read Brooke Shields' book, but I believe she thought about killing her daughter due to post-partum and was put on an anti-depressant.

Anyway, I think this taboo subject needs to come out into the open so another child doesn't become a victim of his/her parent. Education is always the key.
LMS, could you please either go on Myspace or Facebook and contact Rev. Grund?? Since you live in Florida, you might be able to get together with him (if you have the time) so he can get an organization going.

This is imperative. On a personal note, the Ant's and Bozo are going to attempt to throw Jessie Grund under the bus.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:31 pm

I did a little more research about Brooke Shields' experience to make myself feel more comfortable and found the following:

"And if thoughts of suicide weren't frightening enough, Shields also suffered disturbing visions of seeing her daughter flying through the air, hitting a wall and then sliding down it, although, she is quick to clarify, she was never the one throwing her." Thankfully she sought help and more importantly she knew how/where to get it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:15 pm

lovemysam I think some good will come out of this tragedy. Personally I have taken what I have learned and applied that to how I treat my daughter. Even when I want scream and yell at her I try to not be like CA. So personally Katie is going to benefit from what happened to Caylee. I agree education and prevention is the only way to get a handle on the fact parents are killing their kids with more and more frequency. BlowKisses
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:17 pm

I dont feel her not having an abortion or giving it up for adoption was why she killed her
her mom and dad would have taken her anytime she had options
she was angry enraged and threw a temper tantrum
you know some people want to hurt others when they are angry
see how mad you made me now caylee is dead cause you made me mad.......no caylee's death was not because of abortion or adoption being denied
caylees death was because of how casey is wired
she is a sociopath /psycopath
unable to feel empathy or compassion or remorse
only able to feel regeret as it is a intelligent decision.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 pm

DebB said:

her mom and dad would have taken her anytime she had options
she was angry enraged and threw a temper tantrum
Casey had sole custody. George or Cindy could NOT have legally taken Caylee at anytime. Casey could have and should have had enough maturity to get the heck out of Dodge, get a job and apartment and be a real mother to her daughter just like millions of single mom's do every single day. I know cause I raised 2 boys by myself; no food stamps, welfare, child support. I worked as a PI and though we did not eat steak everynight, my kids knew they were loved, had a roof over their head and food in their stomach.

If the Anthony's had tried to take Caylee illegally, all Casey had to do was call LE. They (George and Cindy) could have been brought up on kidnapping charges.

We do not know what really transpired in the home of the Ant's on June 15, 2008. We do not know if Casey threw a temper tantrum or if Cindy or both did. And, it is pretty safe to say that we will NEVER know.

All we DO know is that Caylee was murdered and most agree that it was done by her mother.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:18 pm

this is only a statement and nothing more. im not agreeing nor disagreeing with anyone, im just putting my post in

I am pro choice.

Caylee's situation does not make me any more or less pro-choice. I am not pro-choice because a good mother can turn bad, i'm pro-choice because a woman knows her ability to raise a child and should be free to choose her own as well as her future family's destiny.
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm re-posting the purpose of why I started this thread b/c I sincerely want to brainstorm:

I feel in my heart that's it's time to turn a page and make something positive come out of a negative experience. There is a season for everything. For me, it's time to stop mourning and take action. What are your thoughts about how some positive change (for society) can come about as a result of Caylee's death . . . . a change that can affect the lives of others? And how do you think it can be done?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Warning from Wrap:

I will allow this comment to stay but PLEASE - let's NOT get into a war of words over "Roe vs. Wade". As long as I see it is not getting out of control, the above comment and any commets coming this way reference Juanita's statement will stay.

Thanks!!

Wrap
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:26 pm

janie wrote:Thanks for the video lovemysam! I think now maybe a few more parents might listen to their teenage daughters when they say they don't want to keep the baby and put it up for adoption. I know this is a hard choice to make but some people just shouldn't have kids.
That's a good point. I keep forgetting that part of the story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:27 pm

lovemysam:

i think the positive change is simply bringing out awareness about missing children as well as awareness of the perpetrators. this case has rocked the very foundation of all of us. we are second guessing our old beliefs on who could possibly kill a child and who could not. now we are learning, anything is possible.

how can a suburban family, seemingly with a perfect home, turn so bad. how can a grandma who spoiled her grandchild become so hateful?

awareness is what is going to improve our life next time around, hopefully this never happens again

i also really hope casey gets justice.

Last edited by Juanita on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

it's a matter of bring awarness to this and they should really have more laws to protect children. If a mother feels that she cannot take care of their children they should be able to give them up with out a fight from the government. is it right that the mother can't/won't have natural love for that child?? NO. but is it right that these "women" kill their children? there's nobody to protect them! nobody to keep them safe and more importantly ALIVE!!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Juanita wrote:lovemysam:

i think the positive change is simply bringing out awareness about missing children as well as awareness of the perpetrators. this case has rocked the very foundation of all of us. we are second guessing our old beliefs on who could possibly kill a child and who could not. now we are learning, anything is possible.

how can a suburban family, seemingly with a perfect home, turn so bad. how can a grandma who spoiled her grandchild become so hateful?

awareness is what is going to improve our life next time around, hopefully this never happens again

Juanita, you made all excellent points here. I would also add that for me personally, I look at my 3 year old grandson and try not to imagine what Caylee (who was one year older than my Noah) went through in her last moments.

It is up to hospitals all over the world to see and recognize the signs of an uncaring mother right out of the gate when the baby is born. If any medial staff sense something amiss, chime in, tell TPTB and make sure she is not released or the baby is not released until the mother is checked out more thoroughly.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:41 pm

That's true, it would be good if somebody would make a commercial with a "Leave it to Beaver" type family and then turn it somehow into what happened to Caylee to make a point about the worst spectrum of abuse. There's a misconception that it only goes happens in rural areas if you get my drift. It's like sex offenders only look creepy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Wrapitup wrote:

Juanita, you made all excellent points here. I would also add that for me personally, I look at my 3 year old grandson and try not to imagine what Caylee (who was one year older than my Noah) went through in her last moments.

It is up to hospitals all over the world to see and recognize the signs of an uncaring mother right out of the gate when the baby is born. If any medial staff sense something amiss, chime in, tell TPTB and make sure she is not released or the baby is not released until the mother is checked out more thoroughly.

I so agree about hospitals. But the true responsibilities are on parents even when their kids are adults. Being a parent is a tough job and tough love don't come easy. Not because it is tough on our kids but on us parents who have a troubled child/adult. Schools and our Church also bear some responsibility as it takes a village to raise a child. Had it not been for counseling and the help I received there with my daughter the Anthony's could have been my family. I am not sure KC was a bad Mother in the beginning. But as time went on her parents should have noticed something and got KC help before this happened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:27 pm

lovemysam,
I have been having those same feelings for a while now. I started coming to the old site because of Caylee. The story was intriquing and all the twists and turns left me puzzling over what really happened. Soon I came to the realization that no matter how many twists and turns, half-truths and lies, the facts presented by LE were clear. I continued to read the blogs and forums and consider the opinions of all the posters. After a while though, I realized it was too much for me to deal with on a daily basis, so I stopped reading so much and just went to the chat room. There I could get the synopsis of the goings on with a little side of humor. I began to think of the others there as dear friends and we always had a good time chattting. When wrap started this site, I wanted to suggest, we, as a group, do something positive for the children, the missing, the abused, do something, anything that could protect our greatest asset from mistreatment. I don't think we should be content to just talk about it, but what can we do???? Everyone here is so passionate about the subject, so caring and so intelligent. Seems we could think of something. Thanks for writing this post and asking for brainstorming, hopefully we will get some good ideas. Realistically, I know these tragedies will continue to happen, no matter what is done, but maybe, just maybe, one could be prevented from becoming another Caylee Marie.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 pm

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Every time I try to view a video on this site, I get an "invalid parameters" message.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 pm

you might need to update your quicktime or your realvideo on your computer jackie
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:47 pm

My thought was to bring more awareness about Filicide, parents who murder their children. There is plenty of information and resources available to the public about missing children, and it even seems, as evidenced by recent foundations created, that missing children have become big business.

Finally got it to work! Who knows what I was doing wrong!

At any rate, Lovemysam, I could not possibly think of a better "brainstorm" idea than what you have already proposed!

If ever such a foundation were needed, it would be now! Don't remember who suggested contacting Richard Grund, but really, that is an excellent suggestion also!

In all seriousness, this would be a true, positive legacy for precious Caylee! :bom:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:49 pm

It was Wrap who suggested Rev. Grund!

Lovemysam, please do this, please? Can you imagine the backing this could received?????? It's endless!!

Can you imagine the ones who would jump on this "bandwagon" (aside from the Anthony's, of course!)

Forgive me for going on and on, but this is the most "brilliant" suggestion I have heard, ever!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:51 pm

well as soon as the Anthony's face the truth and stop worrying about THEMSELVES maybe they can offer something to the world
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:04 pm

(Juanita your pictures are cracking me up!)

I'll get in touch with him as soon as I can - have a couple things to deal with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 pm

JackieLB wrote:It was Wrap who suggested Rev. Grund!

Lovemysam, please do this, please? Can you imagine the backing this could received?????? It's endless!!

Can you imagine the ones who would jump on this "bandwagon" (aside from the Anthony's, of course!)

Forgive me for going on and on, but this is the most "brilliant" suggestion I have heard, ever!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This, coming from the girl who used to love to agree to disagree w/me!!! Gotta love JackieLB!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This, coming from the girl who used to love to agree to disagree w/me!!! Gotta love JackieLB!!

You are way too funny!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:35 pm

Cindy: "Casey if I find out you had something to do with this i'll kill you!"
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Juanita wrote:Cindy: "Casey if I find out you had something to do with this i'll kill you!"
Cindy had plenty of time before Oct 14th. Guess it was hard to keep up w/casey as she was always in Bozo's office. Hmmmmm :o
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:49 pm

That was a wonderful video, lovemysam! :flower: Big Hug There certainly are a lot of women who should not have children. Two women that never should have had children are Cindy, and Casey. 👎
lovemysam wrote:This morning I found the following video which was the first one of Caylee that made me feel upbeat. I feel in my heart that's it's time to turn a page and make something positive come out of a negative experience. There is a season for everything. For me, it's time to stop mourning and take action. I'll share my thoughts after the video. What are your thoughts about how some positive change can come about as a result of Caylee's death . . . . a change that can affect the lives of others? And how do you think it can be done?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down