Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

+12
raine1953
charminglane
adelacruz
TerryRose
Bombshell
Heike
Nama
laga
artgal16
lisette
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
16 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 20 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by laga Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:49 pm

artgal16 wrote:What is all this continuing talk especially tonight on JVM that she hears over and over again say this was probably an "accident". Here is the
definition of the word accident:
An accident is a specific, unpredictable, unusual and unintended
external action which occurs in a particular time and place, with no
apparent and deliberate cause but with marked effects.
OK if it was an accident that denotes that it was not an intended act, therefore can we not assume that even if George took Caylees body away she would show extreme grief for this child who she had the "amazing" relationship with -to quote Mallory.
Are they saying that a child who dies accidentally can immediately be forgotten by her mother who goes on her merry way and immediately that night rents videos and then spends the whole entire next day in bed with her boyfriend. Thats what bugs me about all these people who spout accident. They dont know what they are talking about. If your child drowned or died in a car crash at any age - your grief would be extreme. Why dont they ever point that out. They say one out of every 4 girls may be molested in some way. Molestation doesnt somehow block out grief and caring.

OMG, Artgal! You needed to post that in all caps and bold print. I feel like screaming that from the mountain tops!! GREAT POST!!!!

laga

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 20 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks Laga. But as I heard an attorney on JVM say tonight the media wants people to respond with their blood boiling from all their lame statements about how Casey could walk. And its true it engages us more as we are so outraged at the thought!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Judge Perry has asked the defense to tell him on Friday how many more witnesses they have to be called. That should be interesting.

When the defense if done. Then the state does their rebuttal. Then closing arguments? Defense first and then the State.

Quite honestly...I am ready for this madness to be over. Casey Anthony is everywhere I look. She is even on the cover of my People magazine.

She is on at least two and maybe three tv stations right now.

She was on my Chicago news tonight.

Stop the world. I want to get off.
la la la
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 pm

artgal16 wrote:Thanks Laga. But as I heard an attorney on JVM say tonight the media wants people to respond with their blood boiling from all their lame statements about how Casey could walk. And its true it engages us more as we are so outraged at the thought!

They actually admitted that? I am fine as long as I just watch the trial without the "experts" opinions and remarks. Those opinions and remarks are what is so infuriating, their interpretations of the evidence is just plain stupid. The question is is that really their opinion and belief or are those remarks just for the ratings. If they truly believe what they are spouting, makes one worry that maybe a juror could believe the same. over reaction

Reminds me of all those morons who thought the new millinium and new century began in the year 2000, so many morons that the "general population" seemed to just go along. over reaction
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:44 pm

I don't know if any of you have noticed the commercials. I record everything and then play it while zipping through those commercials.

There are so many now that I no longer can zip. It takes longer.

I tell you everybody's making a fortune off of little Caylee.

When Linda and Jeff stand up or when they are pictured at the table I see my Avatar there with little Caylee between them. I picture her in Linda or Jeffs safe arms.

Why couldn't she have had a mom or dad like that.

Life just isn't fair for some of these little ones. 🇳🇴
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 pm

I was thinking the same thing, seems everyone is bending over backwards to be "fair" to kc and the defense. How is it "fair" when Caylee's team is following the rules, but the defense is not, someone needs to look up the definition of fair.

That also had me thinking of that word "justice". I am typing this through tears.....The person found guilty, convicted and punished is the one receiving "justice", the one getting what they deserve. The victims do not get "justice", they do not get what they deserve. There is nothing that can be done to kc to give Caylee "justice", to give Caylee what she deserved. Caylee deserved a long and happy life, she deserved to go to school, learn how to jump rope, have a first date, learn to drive a car, enroll in college, get married, grow old with the love of her life, oh the places she could have gone and the things she could have done, but for a monster who took her life without any regret or remorse, took her life callously and purposely, then threw her tiny body away like garbage and still today shows no care or concern about what might have been, no remorse or regret for what she did. Electric Chair
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Bombshell wrote:
laga wrote:When cindy was on the stand she mentioned another bag from the garage that was also missing. Remember when it was reproted kc said "they haven't even found the clothes yet"? I think there is another bag of evidence thrown away somewhere, probably to never be found, maybe full of soiled clothes and shoes, duct tape roll, Caylee's backpack and.....

I remember LP saying something to that affect, probably repeating what he had heard. Would be interesting to know what happened to that stuff.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I recall CA testifying that Caylee's backpack was in the car or trunk of same on the stand? Anybody else remember this?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:22 pm

TerryRose wrote:
Bombshell wrote:
laga wrote:When cindy was on the stand she mentioned another bag from the garage that was also missing. Remember when it was reproted kc said "they haven't even found the clothes yet"? I think there is another bag of evidence thrown away somewhere, probably to never be found, maybe full of soiled clothes and shoes, duct tape roll, Caylee's backpack and.....

I remember LP saying something to that affect, probably repeating what he had heard. Would be interesting to know what happened to that stuff.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I recall CA testifying that Caylee's backpack was in the car or trunk of same on the stand? Anybody else remember this?

I just remember geo saying he saw her leave with the backpack on. I thought it was never found. ???? I watched a lot of cindy's testimony but not all and I certainly could have missed that. If you say you heard it, that is good enough for me.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 am

Lawyer: Casey Anthony's parents do not think she is innocent
By the CNN Wire Staff
June 23, 2011 12:10 a.m. EDT
(CNN) -- The parents of Casey Anthony do not believe she is innocent, their lawyer told CNN.
George and Cindy Anthony do not, however, want their daughter to receive the death penalty for the killing, said lawyer Mark Lippman.
Casey Anthony, 25, is charged with seven counts in her daughter's death, including first-degree murder. If convicted, she could face the death penalty.
Lippman's bombshell statement to CNN's Gary Tuchman aired on "AC 360" Wednesday night. It is unclear how the remarks would affect testimony that is scheduled to continue in Anthony's capital murder trial Thursday.
"But this is important and they wanted me to stress this," said Tuchman. "They love her, they support her and they do not want her to get the death penalty and they will do all they can to avoid her getting the death penalty in this case."
Prominent Atlanta Defense Attorny Drew Findling said it is rare for this type of admission to take place in a death penalty trial.
"I never heard of somebody so close to a case like a parent of the child divulging this type of information," said Findling. "For an attorney to say mommy and daddy think their daughter did it, this is unheard of and falls in a very questionable area. I don't think you have a mistrial but it shows a lack of respect for the trial process."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:04 am

George Anthony Attorney Reaffirms Affair Denial
Lippman: 'Anthony Won't Be Discouraged From Stating Truth'

Orlando attorney Mark Lippman issued a statement on Wednesday reaffirming that George Anthony never had an affair with a woman named Krystal Holloway.
Lippman said he issued the statement in response to inquiries created by potential testimony on Wednesday in the trial against Casey Anthony, George's daughter, charged with first-degree murder in the death of her young daughter, Caylee.
Lippman's office issued a news release on Dec. 17, 2010 regarding Holloway, who also goes by River Cruz.
This new statement reaffirmed that George Anthony never had an affair with the woman, never took any money from her and never confided in her about the case against his daughter.
"Further, while it is apparent that the defense is intent on attacking Mr. George Anthony in any way possible, Mr. Anthony will not be discouraged from stating the truth about what he knows," Lippman's statement said.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 am

Wow, lizette! That's really something when the parents of a murder suspect admit they believe their child is guilty of killing their grandchild.
I wish the jury could hear this. How will the jury react to this after the trial if they don't find Casey guilty?
It's late in FL. Wonder if Baez has seen this yet and what is he will have to say about G and C.

Anderson Cooper 360 is on CNN in OR right now.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:16 am

OMG! Here we go again.... Tomorrow should be an interesting day!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 am

. ”They do not believe, George and Cindy Anthony, that their daughter Casey is innocent in regards to the death of their granddaughter, Caylee.”

Jean Casarez of “In Session” told CNN’s Cooper that the parents’ comment was “huge.” But Casarez added: “I guess my question is: Guilty of what?”

The timing of Lippman’s message is intriguing because Casarez reported tonight that Cindy Anthony will take the stand on Thursday. ”I think this is a critical witness for the prosecution, but the defense may try to make her into their witness to actually help Casey, who we now know they believe is guilty of something,” Casarez said.

See why that “do all they can to help her avoid her getting the death penalty” comment could be a message to the defense?

Casarez predicted that the defense may look into Cindy Anthony’s deposition several years ago and may focus on computer searches at the Anthony home.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 am

OMG, if they are really doing this to send a message to the defense that they will do all they can to help, I am back to my lowest of low opinion of them...They all need to be thrown into a deep, dark dungeon and never see the light of day again! They sicken me...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:35 am

I don't know what to think of what C and G said (IF it's even true..Lippman has denied it) but here's a thought from another blog.
It is a red letter day indeed! I am of the opinion that since CA & GA can't speak to her (KC has refused to deal with them for years) this is definitely a message directly to KC! They want her to know they are done with her lies. I say BRAVO Anthonys!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:53 am

Caylee Anthony’s Body Language Showed Unhappiness and Distancing From Casey But Closeness to Grandm
drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com

Very interesting. She was very hard on GA; CA...not so much. Someone else is concerned about that mark under Caylee's eye on the 6/2 pic, and she points out the dark circles on poor Caylee, repeatedly.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:34 am

I keep thinking of Casey and Cindy and the terrible fight that Lee described on Fathers Day night. I am wondering if Baez will question Cindy about that.

In her testimony she described the evening as loving and cuddling while watching the video of grandpa in the nursing home with Casey, Caylee and Cindy.

Lee described to Jesse Grund the neck choking of Casey by Cindy.

I keep trying to think of how it would benefit the defense to bring this up? Cindy would look like a monster but it could be the key to making the jury think like I do that Casey was in such a rage she killed little Caylee.

I donno.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 am

Well, it seems that this could be a VERy interesting day...I am ready. I see that the attorneys are beginning to arrive...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:51 am

Maybe they are telling her about the statement from her parents through Lippman (did we ever hear if that was true?)
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 am

They are putting things into evidence that could give a juror amunition to support reasonable doubt...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:20 am

Just looking at KC...Her eyes look almost wild today, moreso than before. I really think that she is losing it.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 am

I think that this could cause a juror to question the death banding on the hair in the trunk...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 am

"I never heard of somebody so close to a case like a parent of the child divulging this type of information," said Findling. "For an attorney to say mommy and daddy think their daughter did it, this is unheard of and falls in a very questionable area. I don't think you have a mistrial but it shows a lack of respect for the trial process."
The jury is sequestered they wont know of this statement but will Casey know? I do think its a message to Baez, but not that they will help Casey but that they will hurt Baez case if he keeps accusing George and dragging him through Casey's mud
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:26 am

As a lay person, it is very hard for me to distinguish some of the darkened areas from a death band...If experienced examiners also couldn't tell, some of the jurors might question the finding of the death band on the hair in the trunk...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:29 am

"Apparent decomposition" doesn't necessarily mean "death band"...Hairs from living persons can start to decompose if left out in the elements, but that does not mean that they have the death banding...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:35 am

Wonder why they didn't examine the textile fibers found on the duct tape to see if they could have come from KC's car or the Ants' house...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 am

Bozo objected to this power point during direct testimony and they weren't allowed to use it...Now, since he has brought up some issues, he doesn't object to using it...What a waste of time all that was in direct with the objection!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:43 am

We went through all these when the state tried to proffer the power point, but now JA is able to use it because of what Bozo brought up...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:52 am

I think this will all boil down as to how well the jury believes the expertise of the one who did the examination of the hair...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am

Lippman backtracking on his statement regarding the Anthonys believe Casey is "not innocent"
ORLANDO --

In a surprising new development, CNN is reporting the parents of Casey Anthony say they do not believe she is innocent.

It is a stark contrast from what the Anthony's said in the early days of this case when Casey's parents told the media over and over that their daughter had nothing to do with Caylee's death.

Orlando attorney Mark Lippman issued the following statement regarding the Anderson Cooper Show on June 22, 2011.

This is to clarify the reporting done by Mr. Tuckman. First Mr. Tuckman was not given an exclusive interview. Mr. Tuckman approached Mark Lippman as he was leaving the Courthouse today and Mr. Lippman spoke with Mr. Tuckman for approximately four minutes. During this conversation Mr. Lippman was attempting to clarify that Mr. Tuckman had allowed other reports that he provided to various news agencies to become embellished . After this was identified to Mr. Tuckman, Mr. Lippman allowed Mr. Tuckman to make speculations regarding the Anthony family and a further conversation ensued. All of the statements given to Mr. Tuckman were not reported on the Anderson Cooper Show. While Mr. Lippman understands that Mr. Tuckman is a reporter, Mr. Lippman holds Mr. Tuckman to the standard that any and all statements should not be taken either out of context or misrepresent the idea that a breach of attorney client privilege was given specifically to him at any time or in any context. This statement will clear any misunderstanding that either Mr. Tuckman had or Mr. Lippman had with regard to the conversation.

As you all know now on behalf of the Anthony Family, Lippman Law Offices, P.A. have done one of three things:

1. Issued a statement.
2. Done an interview either via television or radio.
3. Specifically stated that a reporter can quote Mr. Lippman.

Unfortunately these three things did not happen to today with regard to Mr. Tuckman. Therefore let Mr. Lippman will clarify statements made today. The Anthony family maintains that they simply want justice in this case. The Anthony family maintains they do NOT under any circumstance support any theory that the defense has put forward regarding George Anthony’s actions. The Anthony family maintains that while they want both the State and Defense to do their jobs respectively, they do not under any circumstance wish to see that the State achieves the ultimate sanction that the State of Florida is looking for, which is the death penalty. The Anthony family maintains they want the truth about what has happened to their Grand Daughter. Finally Lippman Law Offices does not and will not condone the idea that attorney-client privilege was ever breached and any misunderstanding as to statements made should not be considered that the Anthony Family wants anything other than the things identified here.

The murder trial of Casey, who's accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, resumes Thursday, a day after the defense continued trying to poke holes in some key prosecution forensics evidence.

Forensic chemist Michael Sigman had collected and tested air samples from the trunk of Anthony's car in July 2008. Sigman testified Wednesday that he couldn't say for sure there was a body inside it based on his analysis.

Sigman was one of five forensic witnesses to testify Wednesday as the defense continued to attack the prosecution's contentions that Caylee Anthony was suffocated with duct tape and placed for some time in the trunk of her mother's car.

Casey is charged with first-degree murder. She's pleaded not guilty.
source
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 am

Wonder if they tested any of the hair found at the scene with the skull for this banding, and, if not, why? Has that been mentioned at all?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:00 am

They need to show the hair that they're talking about, Caylee's hair, so that the jury can see the band for themselves...Is JA leading up to that, maybe?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:02 am

I think that JA realizes that the jury is getting tired of this and is trying to speed along...He is trying to show the differences between the root banding and the other appearances of decomposition.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 am

Re: Lippman's most recent statement...Although, Tuchman might have embellished what was said, I still think that Lippman expressed that the Ants are doubtful of KC's complete innocence...He is afraid now that he has violated attorney/client privilege, and is having to backtrack...

-------

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:06 pm

OMG KC is really her daughter. She can't believe no one can get the data including her emails from the computer she used at work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:14 pm

LB has asked her some really good questions. Esp about the sign on she used on that desk top. KC would not want her Mom to use her sign on. Ask Sassy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Myspace or facebook. No I did not. :cheering: Because the computer guy said that at the same time those searches were going on the person signed in to myspace and facebook.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20