Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Read These Very Important Tips To Keep You and Your Children Safe!! Please feel free to add your own tips!!!!

+5
CritterFan1
Juanita
janie
adelacruz
Wrapitup
9 posters

Go down

Please Read These Very Important Tips To Keep You and Your Children Safe!!  Please feel free to add your own tips!!!! Empty Please Read These Very Important Tips To Keep You and Your Children Safe!! Please feel free to add your own tips!!!!

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Just a reminder, this has been around before...Be SAFE!!!

Because of recent abductions

In daylight hours, refresh yourself
of these things to do
in an emergency situation...
This is for you,
and for you to share
with your wife,
your children,
everyone you know.
After reading these 9 crucial tips,
forward them to someone you care about.
It never hurts to be careful
in this crazy world we live in.1.Tip from Tae Kwon Do :
The elbow is the strongest point
on your body.
If you are close enough to use it,do! 2.. Learned this from a tourist guide.
If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse,
DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM.
Toss it away from you...
Chances are that he is more interested
in your wallet and/or purse than you,
and he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car,
kick out the back tail lightsand stick your arm out the hole
and start waving like crazy.
The driver won't see you, but everybody else will.
This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars
after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit
(doing their chequebook, or making a list, etc.
DON'T DO THIS!)
The predator will be watching you, and this
is the perfect opportunityfor him to get in
on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,
and tell you where to go.
AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR,
LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

If someone

is in the car
with a gun
to your head
DO NOT DRIVE OFF,
Repeat:
DO NOT DRIVE OFF!
Instead gun the engine
and speed into anything, wrecking the car.
Your Air Bag will save you.
If the person is in the back seat
they will get the worst of it.
As soon as the car crashes
bail out and run.
It is better than having them find your body
in a remote location.
5.A few notes about getting
into your car in a parking lot,
or parking garage:
A.) Be aware:
look around you,
look into your car,
at the passenger side floor,
and in the back seat
B.) If you are parked next to a big van,
enter your car from the passenger door.
Most serial killers attack their victims
by pulling them into their vanswhile the women
are attemptingto get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car
parked on the driver's side of your vehicle,
and the passenger side... If a male is sitting alone
in the seat nearest your car,you may want to walk back
into the mall, or work, and get a
guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator
instead of the stairs.
Stairwells are horrible placesto be alone
and the perfect crime spot.
This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun
and you are not under his control,
ALWAYS RUN!
The predator will only hit you(a running target)
4 in 100 times; and even then,
it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ.
RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying
to be sympathetic:
STOP
It may get you raped, or killed..
Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking,
well educated man, who ALWAYS played
on the sympathies of unsuspecting women.
He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often
asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle,
which is when he abducted
his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point:
Someone just told me that her friend heard
a crying baby on her porch the night before last,
and she called the police because it was late
and she thought it was weird....The police told her
'Whatever you do, DO NOT
open the door..'
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby
had crawled near a window, and she was worried
that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way,
whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.'
He told her that they think a serial killer
has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax
women out of their homes thinking that someone
dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it,
but have had several calls by women saying that
they hear baby's cries outside their doors
when they're home alone at night.

10. Water scam!
If you wake up in the middle
of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a
burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your
outside taps full ball so that you will go out to investigate and
then attack.

Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors!

Please pass this on
This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because
the Crying Baby Theory was mentioned on
America 's Most Wantedwhen they profiled
the serial killer in Louisiana

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Please Read These Very Important Tips To Keep You and Your Children Safe!!  Please feel free to add your own tips!!!! Empty Re: Please Read These Very Important Tips To Keep You and Your Children Safe!! Please feel free to add your own tips!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:56 pm

OMG the crying baby thing is so scary. Or the water running outside another one that got to me. Those are some very good possibly life saving suggestions. So reading this do I use my elbow to rack the guy or my foot like I always thought I would? Hit them where it hurts and run like hell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Please Read These Very Important Tips To Keep You and Your Children Safe!!  Please feel free to add your own tips!!!! Empty Re: Please Read These Very Important Tips To Keep You and Your Children Safe!! Please feel free to add your own tips!!!!

Post by adelacruz Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:34 pm

thanks! i just emailed the list to all my friends!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:16 pm

wrap Thank you so much!!! I just emailed this list to my daughters! These are terrific life saving tips! Bravo
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:04 pm

thank you. ive never been attacked or threatened but i keep a sawed off cue stick by my computer, and a large mag light by the front door. if i need to investigate outside, i have a light that is an instant beat down instrument.

a few months ago my car got broken into. a neighbor rang the doorbell at dawn and i got scared so i hid in the laundry room and got really quiet. that is one of the few places where there is no window view from the outside.

after a while i looked out and saw that it was just because my car had been broken into. i still didnt go outside, i called the police first. he asked if i had gone outside, i said no of course not. i waited till he came.

after that i was afraid to stay alone, so i asked bf if i could spend the weekend there and he was in denial about the whole thing cause it turns out he was kind of scared. so he had this idea of me having a weapon then he started talking about buying a gun.. and i was like WOAH!

so i showed him my sawed off cue (which was in the garage cause it was given to me by my dead ex who was really paranoid) and i brought it in the house and put it by the bed, and then he was happy.

it was kind of a trip, the whole process you go through. but my point is i guess, be prepared for anything, and practice in your head any scenario, and plan for it.

i also keep a steak knife in my car between the front seats.
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:12 am

This is just my own opinions, so here goes.

First take a self defense course. It will pay off in a big way if you are ever attacked.

Second, take a gun defense course and I encourage people to do what we have done, get a concealed carry license.

Third, if you have children, get them into some sort of martial arts. Good for the body, mind, and the soul.

Fourth, follow all the above rules in the original post.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:52 am

Dr. Phil had a wonderful show on about a month ago on keeping safe. He showed a big man trying to snatch a petite woman. She threw herself on the ground, with her legs in the air she was able to kick the big man off of her, and kick his privates. About two days later was when I got attacked by the big dog in my kitchen, I remembered the show, managed to get on my stove, on my bottom and kick the dog off, while hitting him with a pan.
The experts on the Dr Phil show said a woman's legs/thighs, are stronger that anything. I would elbow first and then fall on the ground and start kicking.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 am

This is a biggie, a family should have a code word for their children. If someone they even know comes up to them and tells them,' your mom sent me to get you, your dad is in the hospital'...whatever, the child then asks the adult,' what is the code word'?? If the adult cannot answer that question the child will not believe the adult, hopefully scream and run away. I will never forget when Adam Walsh was murdered, his dad, John Walsh said "I taught him how to ride an bike, I taught him how to throw a ball, I did not teach him how to scream." Adam knew his abductor. Too bad we were not as smart to have things like code words back then, Adam might not have willingly gone with his murderer.
When my children were young our code word was Smurf!! crying
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:50 am

I'm short and was taught to use that to my advantage in self defense. Dropping to the ground forces my attacker into an awkward position. From that vantage point I can trip their feet and knock them to the ground, or incapacitate them (male or female) with a quick upper jab or kick to the crotch.
OR if I am armed with a knife I can cut an Achilles tendon with one smooth slice while I'm down there, this would make it impossible for my attacker to run after me. If I absolutely needed to defend myself I could cut the artery between the leg and groin, my attacker then needs immediate medical care or they will bleed to death.
This is considered close hand to hand combat to Military Soldiers. No one wants to try defending themselves that close to their attackers, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't know how to do it.
You, Me, Our Children, Everyone needs to learn and practice defense tactics. This involves a lot more than just saying out loud "Oh I would fight back. Do this or do that..."
Practice practice practice... Attacks come quickly and so must your reaction to them. Your response time could be a matter of life or death.
Under no circumstance should you allow yourself to be removed from the initial location, it is right then and there you have the greatest chance of escape.

i could go on ya know!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:09 am

9. Another Safety Point:
Someone just told me that her friend heard
a crying baby on her porch the night before last,
and she called the police because it was late
and she thought it was weird....The police told her
'Whatever you do, DO NOT
open the door..'
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby
had crawled near a window, and she was worried
that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way,
whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.'
He told her that they think a serial killer
has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax
women out of their homes thinking that someone
dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it,
but have had several calls by women saying that
they hear baby's cries outside their doors
when they're home alone at night.

Not saying that it couldn't happen but so far it never has.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypad Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:26 am

"CritterFan1 "This is a biggie, a family should have a code word for their children.
what a great idea!! :thanks:
lilypad
lilypad

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:51 am

Lily, my kids knew if it were even the next door neighbor or a friend that they had to know our code word.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypad Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:42 am

I am definitely using a code word.
Critter i loved the smurfs when i was a kid!!
My daughter and i watched the smurfs christmas this year. 🎅
lilypad
lilypad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:56 am

I think this is a wonderful idea. My fear with my grandson is that he is so outgoing that he would probably tell the person the code word. affraid
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypad Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:15 am

Wrapitup wrote:I think this is a wonderful idea. My fear with my grandson is that he is so outgoing that he would probably tell the person the code word. affraid
i know what you mean wrap my daughter is 4 next month and she holds nothing back!
lilypad
lilypad

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:11 pm

I recommend this video for all young children..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 pm

I have a little 6 yr old "grandson" my friend lets me share with her. I really call him my grandson because I love him so much.(I have grand cats and a granddog!!) Will get this for my "boy". We do not want our children to be scared of their shadow, yet we want them to be aware. Could mean life or death.Thx for the link.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down