Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex

+7
HippyChick2
artgal16
charminglane
laga
Nama
raine1953
Wrapitup
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Published July 25, 2011
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
FILE: Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs has been granted a new trial after the Utah Supreme Court overturned his convictions for felony rape.

SAN ANGELO, Texas -- His followers call him a prophet who is God's spokesman on Earth. Prosecutors say he's a bigamist who sexually assaulted two underage girls he duped into "spiritual marriages."
Whether he's a holy man or a criminal, it's hard to find many people who don't have an opinion on Warren Jeffs in this remote, cotton-growing corner of West Texas oil and gas country.

And that was the main challenge as jury selection started Monday in the case of the 55-year-old ecclesiastical head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, an offshoot of the Mormon church that believes polygamy brings exaltation in heaven -- and should be protected under U.S. religious freedoms.

"I would imagine that they would want to transfer it to the moon where you might have a chance that no one would have heard of it," said Patrick Metze, a criminal law professor at Texas Tech University.
Jeffs is charged with sexual assault of one child and aggravated sexual assault of another. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted and will be tried separately on bigamy charges in October.

The accusations stem from an April 2008 police raid on a church compound known as Yearning For Zion outside the town of Eldorado, about 45 miles south of San Angelo. Authorities who believed girls were being forced into polygamous marriages removed more than 400 children living at the compound, and TV images of women wearing frontier-style dresses and 19th century hairdos were shown across the country.

The original call to a Texas domestic abuse hotline that sparked the raid turned out to be a hoax -- authorities suspect that a woman in her 30s living in Colorado made it. Most of the children seized from the ranch have since been returned to their families, but the evidence collected during the raid proved enough to charge Jeffs and 11 other church men with crimes including sexual assault and bigamy.

So far, all seven who have gone to trial have been convicted, receiving sentences of six to 75 years in prison.

District Judge Barbara Walther ordered the Jeffs case moved to San Angelo, which meant transferring it from Schleicher County, with 3,500 residents, to nearby Tom Green County, home to just more than 110,000. Jeffs' attorney said Monday he planned to pursue another change of venue because he had evidence that San Angelo residents were checking out anti-FLDS books at the local library.
Walther said 700 jury summons letters were sent, but only about 280 potential jurors will show up. One hundred twenty were brought in Monday morning, and another 120 were expected in the afternoon, she said.

Jury selection started after Walther rejected a request for a delay from Jeffs' latest attorney. Attorney Deric Walpole told her he was spending 18 to 22 hours a day on the case and still hadn't had enough time to prepare since taking over last week. He said it would be a "great injustice" to start the trial Monday.

"I've done everything I can to get ready," Walpole said Monday. "I'm not asking for a lot given the gravity of this case."

Prosecutors say Jeffs' frequent changes in attorneys are just stall tactics.

San Angelo has already hosted two of the previous FLDS cases -- but none as high-profile as this.

"I do hear a lot of folks taking about the fact that we've had a number of trials and that this may be the biggest and most important nationally," said Phil Neighbors, president of San Angelo's chamber of commerce. But he also said, he'd "heard more talk about the media attention than I hear about the trial itself."

Jeffs' church has its traditional headquarters along the Utah-Arizona border, and Jeffs was convicted as an accomplice to rape in Utah in 2007, though that ruling was overturned by the state supreme court.

He was extradited to Texas in December. Seized at the Yearning For Zion ranch were hundreds of pages of personal journals compiled since Jeffs took over as head of the church from his father in 2002.
Tall and lanky with thick glasses, a chained and shackled Jeffs has made numerous appearances in Walther's court but said little -- preferring to mostly stare at the floor. Church faithful rise when he enters. On Monday, he wore a dark suit and spent part of the hearing for a delay with his head bowed and his eyes mostly closed, as if he were praying.

Jeffs is backed by a church land trust with more than $110 million in property and has retained seven attorneys since December. They have said little about what kind of defense he will mount.

The Texas attorney general's office is handling the case and has also refused to comment on its strategy. Past FLDS cases have relied on documents from Yearning For Zion, though, as well as DNA evidence.
Kearney said in January that if stacked floor to ceiling, the documents in the case would fill most of Walther's courtroom.
Another of Jeffs' attorneys, Houston-based Emily Munoz Detoto, said that numbers of items already in evidence run from one through 1 million.

The case "is a lot of things," said Metze, the Texas Tech law professor. "But simple it is not."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty Re: FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex

Post by raine1953 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:37 pm

This man makes me sick, what a sleeze. I'm so sorry his rape conviction was overturned and am sorry that he only has two counts of sexual assault against him.
If there ever was a sex offender that needed to be kept away from children, this is it.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty Re: FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm

I can't even stand to look at him or listen to him talk with that mealy mouthed voice. Ugh!!!

I have noticed that many "control freaks of the cloth" either have this monotone, little voice or they are Booming. Nothing in between.

He makes me literally sick!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Jeffs delivers a stern statement, says it came from God

San Angelo, Texas • Accused child-bride rapist and self-styled polygamist prophet Warren Jeffs — who is representing himself at trial in a West Texas courtroom — on Friday afternoon delivered a threatening statement he says came from God, claiming those who are prosecuting him will face "sickness and death." crazy3

"I will wrest your power from you. I shall judge you. I shall let all peoples know your unjust ways," Jeffs told the court. "I shall send a scourge upon the counties of prosecutorial zeal to be humbled by sickness and death."

The statement came after an FBI agent had begun testifying about the names of Jeffs’ wives and children.

Jeffs began by interrupting the agent’s testimony with objections, prompting District Judge Barbara Walther to send out the jury.

Jeffs then told the judge he wanted to read from a written statement, which began: "I, the Lord God in Heaven, call upon the court to now cease this prosecution against my pure and holy way coming against my church.

"Let it stop now.

"I am the Lord God over all that speaketh." crazy3

Earlier Friday, Jeffs — who has largely remained silent — had launched into an occasionally agitated hour-long diatribe when prosecutors introduced so-called "sacred" records pertaining to his family
The records apparently list all the people in Jeffs’ household at the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Eldorado, Texas, in December 2004, including his wives, his children and their dates of birth.

Jeffs — the head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints — objected to introduction of the records, claiming they were sacred, should remain secret and that his religious rights were being trampled.

"You are now touching that which is sacred," said Jeffs, this time speaking to the jury. "The mockery must cease, that which is sacred to us must be kept sacred."

He claimed that revealing the family information would cause "irreparable harm" and that the trial "must cease if there is to be justice."

In an apparent defense of polygamy, Jeffs said: "This religious requirement is a pure, natural way of life."

He said polygamy was a religious principle first preached by LDS Church founder Joseph Smith (the mainstream LDS Church disavowed polygamy more than 100 years ago). Jeffs said he was a fifth-generation polygamist, and that he was following "God’s law."

The 55-year-old leader of the FLDS said his 10,000 followers in the U.S. and Canada are good, moral people who do not abuse their children, and who educate and groom them well.

Jeffs — who is accused of sexually assaulting two girls, ages 12 and 15 — did not talk about underage marriage directly, or claim any special permission from God to take young girls as plural wives.
He ended his speech with the word, "Amen."

When prosecutor Eric Nichols stood to respond to the Jeffs’ objection — the first legal move Jeffs has made since the jury was sworn in Thursday — Jeffs repeatedly interrupted with phrases such as "sacred things must remain secret."

Nichols attempted to talk about a 1890 Supreme Court decision that ruled out religious freedom as a defense for polygamy. When Jeffs continued to ignore District Judge Barbara Walther admonitions about interrupting, she called a recess. crazy3

Jeffs’ harangue was in stark contrast to his utter silence of the day before and earlier Friday.

In fact, due to an absence of objections and cross-examination from the defense side, prosecutors had said their case was moving more quickly than expected.

They told the judge they expected to wrap up the guilt/innocence phase of their case by Tuesday or Wednesday. If Jeffs is convicted, the penalty phase trial will begin and the same jury will be asked to decide Jeffs’ punishment.

On Thursday, Jeffs fired his team of high-profile attorneys, asked to represent himself, but then sat silently as prosecutors began to lay out evidence that includes an audiotape of one alleged assault on the 12-year-old girl. Prosecutors say they also have DNA evidence that Jeffs fathered a child with the 15-year-old girl.

Jeffs had said he wanted to act as his own attorney so he could present a "pure defense."
Walther reluctantly granted the request, but ordered the fired attorneys to remain on standby in case Jeffs decides to "reconsider this unwise decision." crazy3

But Jeffs was silent Thursday when his turn came to make an opening statement.

He remained silent, hands in his lap and eyes half-closed, as prosecutors called witnesses to establish a chain of custody for DNA tests done on himself and the alleged 15-year-old victim, as well as the child Jeffs is accused of fathering with that girl in 2005.

Prosecutors said they also will present evidence gathered from a Cadillac Escalade Jeffs was riding in when he was arrested in Nevada in 2006. That evidence includes an external hard drive believed to contain the audio recording of the alleged sexual assault on the 12-year-old girl.

While Jeffs’ erratic courtroom behavior might suggest some mental instability, he was found competent four years ago to stand trial in Utah.

In March 2007, a Utah judge asked Jeffs’ attorneys to have their client evaluated after he appeared emaciated and detached during a hearing that preceded his trial for allegedly abetting a rape by performing a 2001 marriage ceremony between a 14-year-old girl and her 19-year-old cousin.

Two different psychologists met with the sect leader; one described him as depressed, anxious and, while not suffering hallucinations, reported having "impressions." Based on the results of the evaluations, the judge later ruled Jeffs was "absolutely healthy" and competent to proceed and assist his defense team.

Jeffs was convicted, but last year the Utah Supreme Court overturned the rape convictions, finding there were "serious errors" in instructions given to the jury. crazy3
In Texas, Jeffs is facing one count each of sexual assault of a child and aggravated sexual assault of a child. If convicted, he faces the possibility of up to life in prison.

The charges stem from a massive raid on the FLDS Yearning for Zion Ranch in April 2008. More than 400 children were temporarily taken into protective custody and police seized the equivalent of 1.7 billion pages of evidence.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 pm

"I will wrest your power from you. I shall judge you. I shall let all peoples know your unjust ways," Jeffs told the court. "I shall send a scourge upon the counties of prosecutorial zeal to be humbled by sickness and death."
Excuse me? Doesn't the Bible teach NOT to judge? Even the LDS "Bible"? How can he "send" anything? Does he think he trumps "God"? Or, more to the point, does he think he is "God"?

Jeffs repeatedly interrupted with phrases such as "sacred things must remain secret."
Raping and taping "sex" w/12 & 15 year old girls is NOT sacred. Their virginity was sacred and he took that from them and the 15 year old bore his child. How Sick is that? And, you are as sick as your secrets, so he is plenty sick. crazy3

On Joy Behar and Dr. Drew, Flora Jeffers, ex-FLDS member said he orders the little ones to be waterboarded so they learn at an early age not to act out in any way. This is Horrifying!

I cannot STAND this hypocrisy!!! He is a control freak, sick f**k who is a child rapist/molester. It is unfathomable how Anyone could buy what he is selling. He is going to go down in flames! I hope In Session carries this trial!! Can you imagine being on that jury?

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:42 pm

A Texas jury has convicted polygamist leader Warren Jeffs on child sexual assault charges in a case stemming from two young followers he took as brides in what his church calls "spiritual marriages."

The charges came after a massive 2008 raid of the church's remote West Texas ranch. Jeffs faces up to life in prison.

A forensic analyst testified that Jeffs was an almost certain DNA match to the child of a 15-year-old mother. Jeffs also was accused of assaulting a 12-year-old girl.

Jeffs acted as his own attorney and claimed he was a victim of religious persecution.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty Disgusting!

Post by Nama Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:21 pm

12 yr old bride
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
14 yr old bride
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:07 am

One has to wonder if the father of the 12 yr old is one of those that watched Jeffs rape her?

Warren Jeffs' practices will likely continue even though he's behind bars, according to Flora Jessop, who escaped from his polygamist sect when she was just 16 years old.
On Thursday, Jeffs was convicted after less than four hours of jury deliberations of sexually assaulting two underage girls in Texas. He faces the possibility of life in prison.

But Jessop says there are several people "waiting in the wings" to fill Jeffs' leader role in the fringe Mormon sect, including his brother, Lyle Jeffs.

Jessop says Lyle Jeffs will likely take the helm of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (FLDS) -- and says he will to continue Warren Jeffs' practices if he's not stopped.

"This is not a practice that's going to go away," Jessop said. "I want the American people to understand that this is not the only polygamist group out there, and if we don't stand up and demand accountability from these groups, then it's building. It's growing. It's going to be moving into a neighborhood next to you."

Jessop says more people need to be held accountable in this case to deter others.

She says not only Warren Jeffs' wives should be prosecuted, but the mothers and fathers who turned their children over to Jeffs.

Jessop said, "The 12-year-old that was on the tape we listened to in that courtroom, her father is the one who performed the ceremony, giving her to Warren Jeffs."

Jeffs was convicted of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl and fathered a child with a 15-year-old he'd taken as a wife, CBS News Correspondent Bill Whitaker reported.

In 2008, Whitaker reported, police raided the FLDS compound Mormon sect According to prosecutors, Warren Jeffs had 78 celestial wives -- 24 of them under the age of 17. Several sect members were convicted of arranging marriages of underage children, and Jeffs was charged with two counts of sexual assault.

In the FLDS sect today, Jessop said, the people have probably been told that Jeffs is going to jail, but that God will deliver him.

"That just kind of got shot out the window," she said. "But, you know, they're still victims, they're still paying the price, still being abused and we need to remember that."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs convicted of child sex abuse

Post by Nama Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 am

A Texas jury convicted polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs of child sexual assault on Thursday, in a case stemming from two young followers he took as brides in what his church calls "spiritual marriages."

The head of the Fundamentalist LDS Church stood stone-faced as the verdict was read. Jeffs, who acted as his own attorney, stood mostly mute for his closing argument, staring at the floor, for all but a few seconds of the half hour he was allotted.

A law enforcement officer, left, escorts polygamist religious leader Warren Jeffs, right, into the Tom Green County Courthouse Thursday Aug. 4, 2011, in San Angelo, Texas. The defense rested Thursday in the sexual assault trial against Jeffs in which he served as his own defense.

At one point he mumbled, "I am at peace," and said no more. The only noise in the courtroom was the creaking of wooden benches brimming with spectators.

Jeffs, 55, had claimed his religious rights were being trampled on and that God would seek revenge if the trial continued. He now faces up to life in prison. The sentencing phase of the trial began after the verdict was announced, and Texas' attorney general said it could take three days.

Prosecutors used DNA evidence to show Jeffs fathered a child with a 15-year-old girl and played an audio recording of what they said was him sexually assaulting a 12-year-old. They also played audio recordings in which Jeffs was heard instructing young women on how to please him sexually.

The FLDS, which has at least 10,000 members, is a radical offshoot of mainstream Mormonism and believes polygamy brings exaltation in heaven. They see Jeffs as God's spokesman on earth.

Police had raided the group's remote West Texas ranch in April 2008, finding women dressed in frontier-style dresses and hairdos from the 19th century as well as seeing underage girls who were clearly pregnant. The call to an abuse hotline that spurred the raid turned out to be a hoax, and more than 400 children who had been placed in protective custody were eventually returned to their families.

But authorities brought charges against several men from the group, with Jeffs by far the highest-profile defendant.

As the sentencing phase began, prosecutors told jurors they will present evidence that Jeffs had 78 wives, in addition to his legal spouse, and that 24 of them were under the age of 17. Lead prosecutor Eric Nichols also said he would show that Jeffs either witnessed or performed hundreds of polygamist marriages, including 67 church marriages involving underage girls.

Jeffs stood up and made several incoherent objections to what was being said.

"I object to anything pertaining to a religious manner," he said at one point. "A constitutional guarantee involving things sacred must be invoked."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 am

Polygamist leader walks out of sentencing hearing
APBy PAUL J. WEBER - Associated Press,WILL WEISSERT - Associated Press | AP – 3 hrs ago

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) — A polygamist sect leader convicted of child sexual assault walked out of his sentencing hearing in protest Friday, after reading a statement he claimed was from God. The statement promised a "whirlwind of judgment" on the world if God's "humble servant" wasn't set free.

Warren Jeffs, 55, represented himself during an eight-day trial that ended with his conviction on two counts of sexual assault. The same jury must now decide his punishment — which could be up to 119 years to life in prison.

But before the punishment phase began and jurors had even been brought back into court Friday, Jeffs said, "I request the full removal of myself as an objection to all that has been presented."

He asked to keep serving as his own attorney, but state District Judge Barbara Walther said he couldn't leave and continue to represent himself at the same time. Instead, she ordered two lawyers who had been Jeffs' standby counsel, Deric Walpole and Emily Munoz Detoto, to represent him.

"Mr. Jeffs, I know this is difficult for you to understand, but you do not have control over these proceedings," Walther said. Jeffs often stands in court and waits up to a full minute before speaking. He slowly and deliberately began responding, saying "I am ... ," but Walther ordered a recess.

Jeffs never returned to court, and the proceedings continued without him. Walther ordered jurors back to court Saturday to continue hearing testimony but indicated it still may be several days before the case will be handed back to them to decide the punishment.

Walpole said he didn't know if Jeffs would be present in the courtroom Saturday. Walpole wouldn't say whether he planned on calling any witnesses, but told jurors to keep in mind that Jeffs was raised in a strict, fundamentalist community that hasn't changed in centuries.

"He's a product of his environment," Walpole said.

Jeffs is the ecclesiastical head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which believes polygamy brings exaltation in heaven. The more than 10,000 FLDS members nationwide see Jeffs as a prophet who is God's spokesman on Earth.

Jeffs had asked to be taken back to jail, but Walther said that would make it too difficult for his lawyers to communicate with him. Instead, he was placed in a room near the court and will be allowed to return to the hearing whenever he chooses. The judge said Jeffs won't be able to dismiss his attorneys again and go back to defending himself, however.

He burned through a slate of seven high-powered attorneys, including Walpole and Detoto, in the six months before he decided to represent himself, and Walther said he did so in an effort to manipulate the court and stall the case against him.

Prosecutors' strategy during sentencing involves showing jurors evidence of Jeffs committing a slew of alleged crimes not mentioned during his trial.

For starters, Jeffs had 78 wives along with his legal spouse, and 24 of them were under age 17,
said Eric Nichols, lead prosecutor for the Texas attorney general's office, which is handling the case. Nichols also said he would show that Jeffs committed six other sexual assaults and either witnessed or performed more than 500 polygamist marriages, as well as 67 other sect marriages involving underage girls.

Jeffs spent years evading arrest — crisscrossing the country as a fugitive who eventually made the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list before his capture in 2006, Nichols said, and he excommunicated 60 church members he saw as a threat to his leadership, breaking up 300 families while stripping them of property and "reassigning" wives and children.

All of that is separate from the assaults on two girls, ages 12 and 15, that Jeffs was convicted of Thursday, after jurors deliberated for 3½ hours. Prosecutors used DNA evidence to show Jeffs fathered a child with the older victim and played an audio recording of what they said was him sexually assaulting the younger one. They played other tapes in which Jeffs was heard instructing as many as a dozen of his young wives on how to please him sexually — and thus, he told them, please God.

After Jeffs left the courtroom Friday, Nichols gave an opening statement, saying Jeffs was guilty of "a breathtaking quantity of criminal activity" as head of the FLDS.

"The defendant abused not only his position, but those religious views you've heard about as a means of satisfying his own personal greed, desires and appetites," Nichols said.

Walpole responded by saying Jeffs was raised in the church and couldn't betray his own religious tenets. Jeffs took over leadership of the FLDS from his father.

"He would rather go to prison than disagree with those beliefs," Walpole said. "He'd rather make a complete mess of this case."

He later told jurors, "you've shown you can be tough. Now it's time to show you can be fair."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

A polygamist sect leader convicted of child sexual assault walked out of his sentencing hearing in protest Friday, after reading a statement he claimed was from God. The statement promised a "whirlwind of judgment" on the world if God's "humble servant" wasn't set free.

I say set him free to go meet his god.......
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm

He wouldn't meet Any God. Just his 70 some wives and all the female minors. There are literally NO words to describe how mental he is. I hope someone beats him to a pulp or he hangs himself. All those poor females who were tortured by him makes me sick!

How DARE he preach and carry on like he is God. He is nothing but a sick psychopathic child rapist!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Wrapitup wrote:He wouldn't meet Any God. Just his 70 some wives and all the female minors. There are literally NO words to describe how mental he is. I hope someone beats him to a pulp or he hangs himself. All those poor females who were tortured by him makes me sick!

How DARE he preach and carry on like he is God. He is nothing but a sick psychopathic child rapist!

Amen to that!! Wrap, I meant set him FREE of his earthly ties so he can go meet HIS "god"....... Electric Chair
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Wrapitup wrote:He wouldn't meet Any God. Just his 70 some wives and all the female minors. There are literally NO words to describe how mental he is. I hope someone beats him to a pulp or he hangs himself. All those poor females who were tortured by him makes me sick!

I hope before he's beat to a pulp that there's a gang rape pulled on him in the worst way possible. Then beat then I hope someone strings him up and make's HIM jump off and hang. Then he's on his way to see 'his' god who certainly isn't the god any of us plan on meeting. He is disgusting.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:27 pm

And yet the "sect" is still allowed to continue under the guise of religious freedom - the young males are kicked out when they are threat to the older men and young girls are still being victimized by this so-called religion. Why is that do you think?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Nephew, niece allege polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs abused them

San Angelo, Texas (CNN) -- Warren Jeffs' nephew and niece testified Saturday during his sentencing phase about the alleged abuse they suffered at his hands.
The polygamist sect leader was convicted this week on two counts of sexual assault on a child.
Brent Jeffs, 28, told jurors that his uncle raped him when he was 5 years old.
"He began to tell me that we were going to do God's will," he said Jeffs told him. "This is between me, you and God."
Three jurors wiped tears from their eyes as Brent spoke, his voice breaking with emotion.
Several also cried during the niece's testimony, in which she described an incident that allegedly occurred between her and Jeffs when she was 7 years old.
"He made me sit on his lap," she testified, and did "inappropriate things to me."

She was crying so hard at one point that the prosecutor stopped questioning. Neither side pressed her for details. CNN is withholding the niece's name because she is the alleged victim of a sexual assault. Brent Jeffs has published a book about his life and has previously been public about the allegations against his uncle.
Prosecutors say the penalty phase of the trial could last several days.
The leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints faces a maximum sentence of life in prison on his conviction of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old and a 15-year-old who were his "spiritual wives."
Jurors convicted him of two counts of sexual assault on a child -- charges filed after a 2008 raid on a ranch his church operates near Eldorado, Texas.
Texas Ranger Jesse Valdez and Ezra Draper, who left the FLDS in 2003, also testified Saturday. Valdez identified a number of documents seized during the 2008 raid.
Draper said he attended Alta Academy between 1978 and 1987, when Jeffs was principal. He described being summoned to Jeffs' office and receiving a lecture about his behavior, after Jeffs found out that Draper liked a girl at the school and had exchanged notes with her.
Using a yardstick, Jeffs stroked the inside of Draper's thighs, tapping his crotch three times, Draper said. Jeffs then told him: "Better that one of your members be cut off than the whole body be cast into hell," Draper testified.
He went on to describe changes that Jeffs made to the FLDS, such as banning parades, dances, music and even the color red.
During the hearing Friday, Jeffs said he objected to the introduction of items seized in the raid and documents that should get "religious protection."
He requested to be excused from the sentencing phase to avoid hearing his religion degraded. Jeffs remained outside the courtroom Saturday.
"I am God. Cease. Do not present my holy ways as a thing of naught," the self-proclaimed prophet said before he left court Friday. "Hear my warning as a full awakening. Let my holy way be of freedom."
Deric Walpole, one of the defense attorneys Jeffs had fired earlier in trial, is representing him during the penalty phase.
Jeffs represented himself during the guilt-innocence phase of the trial. He was silent during most of his 30-minute closing argument Thursday, mumbling at one point, "I am at peace."
Texas prosecutors rested their case Wednesday after playing a key piece of evidence for jurors: a 20-minute audiotape that began and ended with a man saying a prayer.
Prosecutors alleged that the recording was of Jeffs' sexual assault of a then-12-year-old girl in the presence of three other "wives."
The girl had grown up at Jeffs' Yearning for Zion ranch, authorities said.
Prosecutors showed the jury a photo of her with her arms around Jeffs, and a marriage certificate that listed the girl's age as 12 at the time.
Jurors also heard audio recordings that prosecutors said showed Jeffs instructing a 14-year-old and his other young "wives" on how to sexually please him in order to win God's favor.
Prosecutors said the 14-year-old was Jeffs' "spiritual wife" and conceived a child with Jeffs when she was 15.
Jeffs could be sentenced to five years to life in prison on the charge of aggravated sexual assault regarding the alleged 12-year-old. For the other count, he could face a sentence of two to 20 years.
Jeffs' breakaway sect is believed to have about 10,000 followers. Their practice of polygamy, which the mainstream Mormon Church renounced more than a century ago, is part of the sect's doctrine.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 am

Warren Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday after a jury deliberated for only 30 minutes.

The polygamist sect leader was convicted last week on two counts of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old and a 15-year-old who were his "spiritual wives." The jury sentenced him to life in prison for the first count of aggravated sexual assault and 20 years for the second count of sexual assault plus a $10,000 fine. The sentences were the maximum allowed for each count. The judge ruled that the sentences be served consecutively.

On Monday, the two sides rested their cases, without the defense calling any witnesses.

Earlier Monday, jurors weighing punishment for Jeffs heard audio recordings that prosecutors say show he had sex with underage girls and encouraged group sex.

At times difficult to hear, one of the tapes recorded sounds of two people apparently engaging in intercourse. Other recordings captured Jeffs instructing what prosecutors say were underage girls in how to please him. Girls could be heard giggling in the background.

Jeffs, the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was charged after a 2008 raid on a ranch his church operates near Eldorado, Texas.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 am

Is that life in prison without parole? Because life in prison for many States means you can be paroled after 15 years.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:43 am

Life in prison with the possibility of parole is 30 years
and you could get paroled after serving 1/3 of your sentence.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty WARREN JEFFS: “If the world knew what I was doing, they would hang me from the highest tree"

Post by Nama Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:48 am

Softly telling five girls to “set aside all your inhibitions,” convicted polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was heard Monday giving his child brides instructions on how to please him sexually during a graphic 10-minute tape played for a Texas jury.An FBI agent testified that the 2004 audiotape, in which Jeffs is heard breathing heavily, preceded Jeffs having sex at the same time with all the girls, who were 15 and younger. Several jurors squirmed or wiped away tears during the sometimes-scratchy recording.

Prosecutors showed a page from one of Jeffs’ journals.“If the world knew what I was doing, they would hang me from the highest tree,” Jeffs wrote in 2005, according to one of thousands of pages of notes seized from his Texas ranch.

Last week, jurors heard a tape of what prosecutors said was Jeffs sexually assaulting the 12-year-old victim. Prosecutors suggested that the polygamist leader told the girls they needed to have sex with him — in what Jeffs called “heavenly” or “celestial” sessions — in order to atone for sins in his community. Several times in his journals, Jeffs wrote of God telling him to take more and more young girls as brides “who can be worked with and easily taught.”

FBI agent John Broadway testified that fathers who gave their young daughters to Jeffs — their prophet — were rewarded with young brides of their own. Girls who proved reluctant to have sex with Jeffs were sent away, according to excerpts from Jeffs’ journals that prosecutors showed to the jury. “If they wanted to not be rejected by God, then the new laws (Jeffs) was introducing was requiring them to participate in these sessions,” Broadway said.
The recordings and journals were seized during a 2008 raid on an FLDS ranch in rural West Texas. That raid led to the charges against Jeffs and several of his followers.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:50 am

Not sure what the sentence means but someone on Insession said that considering his age he would spend the rest of his life in prison. Hope that's right!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:51 am

Warren Jeffs, convicted of two counts of sexual assault on a child, was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday after a Texas jury deliberated for only 30 minutes.

The trial, during which Jeffs represented himself, included sermon-like speeches about religious freedom from the polygamist sect leader and an audio recording that prosecutors allege documents Jeffs' sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl in the presence of three other "wives."

The jury sentenced him to life in prison for the first count of aggravated sexual assault and 20 years for the second count of sexual assault plus a $10,000 fine.
cnn.com
I lost the link, I have Charlotte in my arms but this was cnn breaking news.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Ok so one down and all the rest of those men in that so-called religion need to be arrested as, if nothing else accomplices to these crimes. No child should be endoctrinated into these vile peoples cult. The States
need to get in there and break them up. They talk about how backward they are in the middle East of their religious practices, are we any better when it comes to protecting our children?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:26 pm

artgal16 wrote:Ok so one down and all the rest of those men in that so-called religion need to be arrested as, if nothing else accomplices to these crimes. No child should be endoctrinated into these vile peoples cult. The States
need to get in there and break them up. They talk about how backward they are in the middle East of their religious practices, are we any better when it comes to protecting our children?
The women that have allowed this to happen need to be held accountable too. How could a mother that has been abused in this way allow the same for her daughters? I think every adult in this FLDS cult is a pervert. I don't give a damn how long their dresses are or that they wear no makeup. They are all a sick of SOBs and they need to be punished.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm

BJ wrote:
artgal16 wrote:Ok so one down and all the rest of those men in that so-called religion need to be arrested as, if nothing else accomplices to these crimes. No child should be endoctrinated into these vile peoples cult. The States
The women that have allowed this to happen need to be held accountable too. How could a mother that has been abused in this way allow the same for her daughters? I think every adult in this FLDS cult is a pervert. I don't give a damn how long their dresses are or that they wear no makeup. They are all a sick of SOBs and they need to be punished.
I agree I agree with both of you.
Artgal, you're right, how can WE talk about the backwards ways of the religious practices middle east when we have these so-called religious groups raping children? We cannot we're just as bad until the US can figure out a valid legal reason that enables them to go into these compounds and save these children. I also think that all of those seemingly little house on the prairie mothers need to be held accountable for what they allow men to do to their children! They are as guilty as the men and I do not care if it's brainwashing or not, they need to be forced to go by the laws of the US. Charge all the women with accessory before the act or something that will get them some jail time then maybe future women of these groups will watch their children better.
I'm sick of hearing the awful and perverted stories of what these children are forced to endure.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 am

They do NOT play here in Texas! He would be up for POSSIBILITY of parole in 35 years when he is 100. Don't think he's going anywhere but to hell, if one believes in it. I doubt he thinks he will "go there" as he is delusional and one of the most severe mental cases on this planet. He makes me literally sick to watch or listen to. I hope he is paid back in prison for all he did to those children. Let the Big Bubba's get a hold of him. Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 am

Artgal, you're right, how can WE talk about the backwards ways of the religious practices middle east when we have these so-called religious groups raping children? We cannot we're just as bad until the US can figure out a valid legal reason that enables them to go into these compounds and save these children. I also think that all of those seemingly little house on the prairie mothers need to be held accountable for what they allow men to do to their children! They are as guilty as the men and I do not care if it's brainwashing or not, they need to be forced to go by the laws of the US. Charge all the women with accessory before the act or something that will get them some jail time then maybe future women of these groups will watch their children better.
I'm sick of hearing the awful and perverted stories of what these children are forced to endure.
I am on the fence w/the mother's. Most, if not all, were born into the FLDS and literally don't know any better. They think it's normal..natural, even though WE KNOW this is abuse of the highest form. I've listened to the ones that have escaped on HLN (Dr. Drew in particular has them on) and they have said the same thing.

I was highly pissed when the Texas government returned those children to their mothers saying they didn't have "enough evidence." I would think they do now. I think the entire community needs to be taken down. I saw on HLN last night that the COP of El Dorado, TX was writing to WJ when he was in jail. It was stated that WJ was similar to being in the mafia. He had that much power. It was also stated that NOW, his followers will Really think he is the prophet or whatever because like Jesus, he has "fallen on the sword" for them. crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:24 am

The minute they go back in you will hear a hue and cry from religious communities all over the country - just as before. They dont really CARE about the women and children in these concentration camps, they do it because of their own guilt for the things they do in their religious ceremonies. The distortion and use of Christianity, and all other religions as well thousands of years removed from the event that started those beliefs is incredible. The belief that a bible now written and translated from Hebrew from the old testiment and from Greek in the new testiment is word for word correct is just nonsense. As a speaker of the Greek language I can tell you that there are so many different translations for words in greek wiht completely different meanings it can be very confusing and that is new Greek not ancient Greek. Everyone is flying by the seat of their pants when they talk about the "word of the bible".
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:47 am

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

John Lennon
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 pm

The belief that a bible now written and translated from Hebrew from the old testiment and from Greek in the new testiment is word for word correct is just nonsense. As a speaker of the Greek language I can tell you that there are so many different translations for words in greek wiht completely different meanings it can be very confusing and that is new Greek not ancient Greek. Everyone is flying by the seat of their pants when they talk about the "word of the bible".
:cheering: you rock chug Bravo
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:34 pm

lindamarie wrote: ❤ laga I have the same dream for humanity John did.

You may say that we're dreamers
But we're not the only ones
I hope someday they'll join us
And the world will live as one ❤

Last edited by laga on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Warren Jeffs' niece hopes silence ends surrounding abuse

Ben Winslow
FOX 13 News
5:44 p.m. MDT, August 10, 2011

Jerusha Jeffs flips through her old yearbooks and school papers, pointing out family members and friends from years gone by.

"You must keep the spirit of God, keep sweet, love one another," she reads aloud from a school paper she wrote.

Jerusha attended the former Alta Academy, a private FLDS-run school at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon. It was there, she said, that she was raped at age 7 by her uncle, Warren Jeffs. He was the school's principal.

Jerusha testified against her uncle at his sentencing. In an interview with Fox 13 on Wednesday, she said it was with a lot of "mixed emotions, fear and faith." She said she did it to speak out for other abuse victims.

"Hopefully, I can be a voice for them and help them get out and realize it's OK to talk about these things that he's done and start to live your life and be free," she said.

Jeffs, 55, has begun serving a life plus 20 sentence in a Texas prison after he was convicted of child sexual assault stemming from his polygamous marriages to a 14-year-old and 12-year-old girl. At sentencing, Texas prosecutors unveiled more evidence of underage marriages.

Jerusha said the mountains of evidence that emerged at Jeffs' trial reaches his followers within the FLDS Church. Members of her family remain within the polygamous sect.

"I pray that it will reach them," she said. "I hope that it will reach them. It will be by the grace of God if it does reach them."

Jerusha Jeffs said she is moving on with her life, finishing her nursing degree. She said she has been assisted by the group Holding Out HELP, which helps people in polygamous communities transition into a more mainstream society.

With their prophet now in prison, some fear the FLDS may become even more isolated. Jeffs' access to his followers will be limited, but there may be a power vacuum.

"There are a couple of elders down there, so to speak, that are looking at taking over at least as the leader int those communities. Whether or not Warren is the one giving direction from jail has yet to be seen," said Mike Leetham, the coordinator of the Safety Net Committee, a coalition of government officials, social welfare agencies and polygamous groups working to reach out to abuse victims within closed societies.

The Safety Net Committee said it has made some gains within the FLDS community and hopes to keep it going. Members of the church have attended meetings and trainings in the past. They have been able to provide counseling services to some within the church.

"We're hoping that the communications stay open and we're trying not to take one step forward and four steps back," said Leetham.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty Q&A: Warren Jeffs' Nephew Speaks Out on Verdict, Sexual Abuse

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:11 pm

By Maia Szalavitz Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Warren Jeffs, the "prophet" of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS), the nation's largest polygamist Mormon sect, was sentenced on Tuesday to life in prison for the rape and sexual assault of two of his underage wives.

Prosecutors said Jeffs took a total of 78 plural wives, including 12 whom he married at age 15 or younger. Those were not the only children he assaulted. During the trial in San Angelo, Texas, the defendant's nephew, Brent Jeffs, described being raped by his uncle when he was five years old, a testimony that left three jurors in tears.

The jury deliberated for only 30 minutes before convicting the elder Jeffs.

I helped write Brent's 2009 memoir, Lost Boy, which tells his story of overcoming the trauma of growing up in the FLDS with three mothers and 19 brothers and sisters, then leaving the church as a teen. I spoke with him about his recovery and his uncle's trial.

Did you have a chance to confront Warren yourself?

I actually got to walk right up to him and say, 'You finally got what you deserved.' He just looked at me and looked down at the ground and they hauled him off. It was awesome! Talk about closure.

They had just put shackles on his feet and hands and to see him come out with shackles on his feet. I thought, Man, you know what, you had your time. Now it's time for you to have justice served and you're going to see what it feels like to suffer.

[But] when all of the witnesses came to testify [during the sentencing phase], he couldn't face anybody. He was put out into a room in the hall. I don't know if they had audio, but he couldn't face us.

What do you want to tell other survivors of sexual abuse?

There's a lot of healing on a lot of different levels. I think there are three levels of healing. The first is to recognize what you went through and how you feel. Second would be going to see someone for therapy, to try to get rid of all that pain and baggage. And last, if at all possible, is to face that person and either have justice served or be able to say what you want to them.

For me, that was like the chapter was done, it was very cool.

Were you able to attend much of the trial?

I was filled in on what was going on and I was able to sit in the courtroom when they were doing the closing arguments and for the verdict.

How did you feel when the verdict came down?

Oh, my God! I knew it, I had a feeling about it. I knew that the jury was only out for 30 minutes and then they came back with guilty, guilty, guilty, all the way around. I thought, Finally, everyone can see what kind of monster this guy really is. I felt 10 feet tall walking out of that courtroom.

How did your family respond?

They're all extremely relieved and proud of me and of everything I've done and stood up for. I called my family and they put me on speakerphone and I said, 'I did this for us, not just for me, but for all his victims, anyone who he's ever hurt.' I powered through it all because this is something that matters to everyone who he hurt.

What's the important thing for people who are suffering from sexual abuse to do?

For me, the biggest thing was recognizing it and talking about it. You don't have to talk about it with everybody, but find somebody or even a few people to talk to. Maybe talk to others who have been victimized as well. Share your story and have them talk back to you. Don't feel like you're the only one this happened to and beat yourself up. That was huge for me.

It did take a long time. I took my time. You don't need to rush into anything. I went [to therapy] for a couple of years and I remember finally going in one last time and saying, This monster is off of my back. This anger and sadness, all of this finally melted away. That's what helped me to do the book and talk on TV.

I knew that I was a survivor and I knew in my heart that it wasn't my fault, and I could stand tall. That just empowers everyone else to stand up for themselves, too.

What would you say to someone considering leaving the FLDS?

My arms are open to anyone who wants to talk about it, who even has a question, to helping anyone in making that leap or stepping outside that lifestyle into this world.

It was extremely hard for me, and [it helped] to get advice on how to life live outside those walls. I want to reach out to anyone who's willing to talk.

Unfortunately, in Colorado City [which is on the border of Arizona and Utah, where many FLDS members live], they have no Internet or access to the outside world.

I think Lyle [Warren Jeffs' brother, who will take over leadership] will fill their heads with the idea of Warren being a martyr. He took huge blow for the people, [he'll say]. On the other side of the coin, this trial made such a big impact, I'm sure word will get down to people in the community, and they might realize that what this guy did is horrible and maybe they don't want to be a part of that.

I'd also say, Just follow your heart and go with it. The most important thing is finding out who you are and what you want. It's time to take charge of your life — it belongs to no one else.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How does one simply walk away from that cult if they are admonished for any little thing they do? Do they simply say, "Hey, I want to leave?"
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty Is Warren Jeffs sending a message?

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Updated: 5:57 pm | Published: 5:53 pm
Reported by: Marcos Ortiz

Warren Jeffs prison photo

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – Warren Jeffs may be sending a message from his Texas prison.

His newest mug shot is giving his former followers that signal.

The mug shot shows a balding Jeffs. His hair was cut in accordance with the Huntsville Corrections guidelines.

But his demeanor in the photo is what is giving those who know him a strange feeling.

"He had a very defiant look in his eye like ‘I'm going to get every one of you that put me here’," said Carolyn Jessop who escaped in 2003 from the FLDS community in Colorado City.

Jerusha Jeffs is Warren's niece who claims she was sexually molested by him.

"The look on his face was kind of like he's up to something,” she said. “He's very devious. That's the Warren I remember.”

And there is also another image of Warren Jeffs seen so many times leaving the Texas courthouse.

He's slouched, looking down and never talking to anyone.

“He never walked that way,” said Jessop. “He stood tall, with power. He required respect when he walked into the room.

And she believes that walking image of Jeffs was part of his plan.

“Warren Jeffs the man I know is incredibly manipulative," she said. “Everything was this ‘I'm being persecuted’."

A criminal profiler said it's difficult to analyze Jeffs by the one image. But there's no doubt in Pat Brown’s mind that he’s a manipulator.

"Warren Jeffs unquestionably is a psychopath,” said Brown who runs a Washington D.C. criminal profile agency. “He has been manipulating people for years. He is so highly narcissistic. He pretty much considers himself God that he should control everyone around him. That's a psycopath."

His former followers learned a long time ago Jeff's a power monger and these latest images reinforce that belief.

"He doesn't even look ashamed, no remorse or anything,” said Jerusha Jeffs.

He has Got to be one of the ugliest men I have ever seen. He looks mentally deranged. I agree that his mug shot speaks Volumes. He thinks he will somehow get out of prison or there w/be some major collateral damage to the world because of what "the system" did to him. I cannot even begin to imagine what those poor children went through being raped and tortured by this monster! He and that nut case that raped and held Elizabeth Smart captive both think they are "God Like". 🇳🇴 no no affraid Barf angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I understand they are erecting a huge statue of him at the compound. They need to serve indictmens on these young girls mothers - I know they have been brainwashed and indoctrinated or even been child brides themselves, but this has to be stopped. By arresting them and maybe putting them on a probation that requires them to have no contact with the community and taking their underage children out to either live with them or in foster homes it might cause the breakup of this cult by the rest. Something has to be done - he will give them orders through the bars when they visit him - at least the men will visit him.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:21 am

Art, where did you hear about the huge statue they are erecting? OMG! That is despicable to think these people STILL look at him as their leader. Now, his brother is taking over. He is probably just as bad. I hope the FBI and the State of Texas look in to him w/a fined-tooth comb.

I think the mothers of the children born to this monster definitely need to be taken out of that hell hole along with their children in an undisclosed place and are ordered to get therapy. I think if these children are taken away from their mothers, it would be extremely mentally damaging to them because this is all these poor kids know. They have no clue what "normal" children are like. So, I would hope both the mother's and children would be helped. They would require Intense and lengthy therapy to un-brainwash them..if that is even possible. If, in one year these mothers still cannot or will not begin to see the light, then I think the children need to be taken away from them with loving, caring couples who are highly educated in the teachings of the FLDS so they can help them begin to lead normal lives.

This is a tough call IMO. Brainwashing since birth is extremely damaging to their psych. I actually feel pity for these women that have been subjected to the likes of this monster. They are like "Stepford Wives".

I have to believe that somewhere deep inside of them, they know deep down that this is wrong..that something just isn't right, but they have been suppressed for so long that they simply cannot come out of their shell.

This is a very good website that explains in detail the FDLS.

I think it should be called " F the DLS" or the FLSD. Sarcasm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

FLDS Polygamist Leader, Warren Jeffs, guilty of sexual assault of a child & aggravated sexual assault of a child sentenced to life in prison/Jeffs tells followers to abstain from SEX/Jeffs now appoints only 15 men (& their chosen partner(s)) too have sex Empty Statue of Warren Jeffs

Post by Nama Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:26 am

Warren Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison yesterday for child sex—but that’s not stopping his flock from secretly erecting a giant statue of the cult leader.

The statue, according to this source, is planned to go up next month at the activity center of the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints’ (FLDS) compound in Short Creek, on the Utah/Arizona border. At 38 feet, it will tower over a town where most of the buildings are one-story ranches and trailer homes.

The gargantuan metal prophet is being constructed in seven pieces in a clandestine warehouse whose windows have been papered over in San Angelo, Texas, where Jeffs’ trial is being held, according to the source. The project is secret, or as FLDS term it, a “heavenly hush,” which means that anyone who discusses it will be kicked out of the sect. The inside source says that those building the statue believe that this their “way of showing them that they can’t take him away from us.”

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 am

The project is secret, or as FLDS term it, a “heavenly hush,” which means that anyone who discusses it will be kicked out of the sect. GOOD!! These people (the mothers in particular) need to scream it at the top of their lungs! The inside source says that those building the statue believe that this their “way of showing them that they can’t take him away from us.”
Um, doesn't the Bible say not to adore (paraphrasing) false prophets? Or, do these people make it up as they go along? "Heavenly hush??? That's a good one. I think I might be using that phrase from now on. crazy3 Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:45 am

Wrap, I think you can find a passage in the Bible for anything you want to claim. All religions pick and choose which ones they use.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 pm

I agree That's why we have wars. People's interpretations are all different. It's like a statement a person makes to someone. That someone may interpret the statement differently. Then, that person makes the statement to another person in their interpretation. And on and on and on. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next