Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht

+4
CritterFan1
TerryRose
laga
NiteSpinR
8 posters

Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty Michaela's Mom Wants Nancy Garrido to TALK!

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:07 am

By Linda Goldston
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_13404844?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1
As she walked through the dusty remains of Phillip Garrido's backyard Tuesday afternoon, Michaela Garecht's mother paused to stare at five shallow holes, a few inches deep, a young child's body long, that investigators had dug in their search of the property.

No link to Michaela was found in those spots in unincorporated Contra Costa County, although to a mother, the holes "look like graves."

Ever since Michaela was snatched from a Hayward street in 1988, Sharon Murch has suffered through thousands of false alarms — dozens of tips from psychics that went nowhere, 14,000 leads — and counting — to police. So far, none of them has been able to answer the question that grips this mother's heart: Where is Michaela?

"Jaycee Dugard's mom woke up one morning and it was just an ordinary day," Murch said, "and then that afternoon she got a phone call that Jaycee was alive. You never know what each day is going to bring."

This time, standing in the backyard of a couple police still believe could have kidnapped Michaela, the day brought relief as police wrapped up their search of the Garridos' property. Investigators found no evidence linking the Garridos with Michaela or the kidnapping of Ilene Misheloff from Dublin.

But while much of their physical labor has ended — removing more than 20 trucks of debris and trash — police face weeks of the painstaking work of looking through thousands of documents and other potential evidence that was removed from the house and grounds of Phillip and Nancy Garrido.

"This investigation is far from being over," said Hayward police Lt. Christine Orrey. "He's still the strongest suspect we have going."

When Murch heard that Dugard had been found alive, her first thought was "Michaela must be with her." But after hearing and reading about Garrido, a convicted sex offender who brutally raped a South Lake Tahoe woman for hours, "it brought a new world of terrors, thinking of what she might have gone through with him," she said.

But if Garrido is the one, Murch is putting her hopes on an appeal to Garrido's wife, Nancy, that she might tell what she knows. In her blog "The Wondering Heart" at www.thewonderingheart.blogspot.com, Murch relays her belief that Nancy Garrido likely was a victim of Garrido, too, and writes: "I can only pray that if Nancy knows anything, she can find the courage to tell."

Police are confident the Garridos were living on the property near Antioch in late 1988, when Michaela was kidnapped. And there was at least one item of Nancy Garrido's left in the dirt as investigators packed their gear — An American Express card in her name, which expired in 1988.

"It's ironic," Murch said as she walked back to her car. "I've had many things come up all along the way."

After years of depression and then taking time off to focus on her other children, it was only recently that Murch became active about missing children again. She set up a Web site for Michaela — www.missingmichaela.com — in July; wrote a child safety manual and started giving a few child safety talks. Then the news surfaced about Dugard.

"I personally believe it's God making this happen," she said. "I don't know what it all means."

She does know it would help her whole family if Michaela could be found. Only one of them, her son, Alex, who was 8 years old when Michaela was kidnapped, remembers their sister, but the others wish they did. Perhaps the greatest toll has been on Murch.

She's never gotten over her fear that another of her children could be taken. She used to call them every 30 minutes when they were out on their own or with friends.

"Even now, I will text them a message: 'siren check, are you OK?' she said. "I used to send that all the time. Occasionally, they'll say, 'Oh, Mom, lightning won't strike twice.' ''

She never imagined a child she dreamed of having could leave her life so soon.

"I had to take fertility pills to get her," Murch said. "I had wanted kids so badly for so long."

Looking back, recalling the depth of her depression as the days without Michaela wore on, "I don't know how my poor kids survived," she said. "I used to lie on the couch with my eyes closed and cry. But they have grown up to be the most amazing, loving, kind, good people in the world."

With the news spotlight on Michaela again, Murch's other children have pitched in to help her dig out photographs and get them to reporters and television stations. They work with a united hope.

"I think it's entirely possible," Murch said. "Maybe it's time for Michaela to come home."
http://www.missingmichaela.com/
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty Re: Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:46 pm

crying
The website her Mom made is heartbreaking. Please take a moment to view the site. I am adding this little angel face, Michaela to our missing section.
Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Michae10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty Re: Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:51 pm

November 19, 1988
At home.It was a sunny Saturday morning, the first day of Thanksgiving vacation, when Michaela and her best friend, Trina, asked if they could go to the neighborhood market to get some candy and sodas. The market was only two blocks away, but Michaela had only been there a few times, and then only in the company of the teenage girls who lived next door. I didn't want to let her go, and at first I told her no. But she begged and begged, and so I gave in, and let her go. I stood at the door and watched as the girls picked up their scooters from the driveway to leave. Michaela turned to me. "I love you, mom," she said. "I love you, too, Michaela," I told her. Those were our last words to each other. I stood and watched as the girls glided down the driveway and to the end of the block, until they turned out of sight. I went back inside and started washing the breakfast dishes.

Michaela hadn't been gone for long, not long enough for me to worry about her, when I heard shouting out in the street, where Michaela's dad was working on the car in the driveway. A minute later he stuck his head in the kitchen doorway. "Somebody snatched Michaela up at the market," he said breathlessly. "You call 911. I'm going up there." I stood there with my mouth open, unable to comprehend the horror of what I was hearing. Somebody "snatched" Michaela up at the market? What did that even mean? I picked up the phone and dialed 911. They knew my name without my telling them. They asked some questions, and told me to wait at my house for the officer.

"Have they found her yet?" I asked.

"No, not yet," the dispatcher answered. "Just wait for the officer. He will explain everything to you."

I hung up the phone and began waiting, began a lifetime of waiting. I began pacing, tracing figure eights around my small house, figure eights I would continue to trace for years to come, needing to go somewhere but not knowing where, or how to get there.

November 19, 1988
At the market.Michaela and Trina had left their scooters by the side door of the market while they went in and purchased some candy and sodas and beef jerky. When they left the market, they started to walk home, completely forgetting that they had ridden the scooters there. Halfway across the parking lot they remembered, and turned back to get them.

One of the scooters was not by the door where they'd left it. Michaela spotted it first, about three parking spaces down from the door, next to a car. She went to get it. As she bent over to pick it up, a man jumped out of the car next to the scooter, grabbed her from behind, and threw her screaming into his car as Trina watched in horror. He climbed in and started the car, drove out of the parking lot and took off driving erratically down the busy highway which is Mission Boulevard in Hayward. Trina ran into the store for help. The police were called. Trina then called her dad, who drove by my house on his way to the store and told Michaela's dad what had happened. The police response was immediate, arriving before Trina's dad and Michaela's dad.

It seemed impossible for this case not to be solved, and solved quickly. If we'd had Amber Alerts and some of the technology that exists today, perhaps this story would have turned out differently. But we didn't. Michaela is still missing, and the identity of her kidnapper is still unknown.

The FactsMichaela was kidnapped on November 19, 1988, at approximately 10:15 a.m., in Hayward, California (San Francisco Bay Area).

The location was at the corner of Mission Boulevard and Lafayette. At that time it was called Rainbow Market. Today it is Mexico Super.
Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  M_53e210
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:18 pm

thank you nitespinr for posting the link. I have chills and tears. It would be a grand day if she too were found alive as was Jaycee. I hope someone forces the scumbag to talk if he was responsible for her kidnapping.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 pm

This story touches my heart so deeply. It is every mother's worst nightmare that happened to this family. Thank you for drawing some attention to this case by your post. Maybe it will help to find her.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:54 am

nitespinr I wanted you to know Michaela Mother was here last night. She is grateful that you posted this to keep Michaela story out in the public eye. She might be missing but she will never be forgotten.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:22 am

It breaks my heart, all of these years, lost. I saw her friend being interviewed, she says the car that is junked on Garrido's property looks like the car that Michaela was taken away in. I too wish this story would have a happy ending. Wonder if garrido used threats with Jaycee and told her what might happen if she tried to escape, maybe he might have talked to her about other girls. You never know with these nuts what kind of mind games they play with their victims. crying

Last edited by CritterFan1 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : took out an s)
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty Garrido Still Possible Suspect

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:19 am

Oct 14, 2009 7:37
Garrido Still Possible Suspect In '88 abduction of Michaela Garecht

Hayward police released an update Wednesday on the investigation of Phillip Garrido as a potential suspect in the 1988 abduction of 9-year-old Michaela Garecht, but said that so far investigators haven't been able to confirm or eliminate him as a suspect.

Phillip Garrido and his wife Nancy Garrido were arrested in August for allegedly kidnapping then 11-year-old Jaycee Dugard from near her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991.

They allegedly held her captive for 18 years in a series of tents and sheds in the backyard of their home just outside of Antioch, where she gave birth to two daughters fathered by Phillip Garrido.

The couple is in custody in El Dorado County awaiting trial. Together, they have been charged with 29 felonies, including kidnapping, rape and false imprisonment. Both have pleaded not guilty.

After the couple's arrest, multiple law enforcement agencies searched their home on Walnut Avenue in unincorporated Contra Costa County looking for evidence in other unsolved cases.

Hayward police were looking for evidence that could link the Garridos to Michaela's abduction, Lt. Chris Orrey said.

Michaela was kidnapped on the morning of Nov. 19, 1988, in front of the Rainbow Market at 32575 Mission Blvd. in Hayward.

Michaela and a friend had parked their scooters outside the market and gone inside to buy some candy. When they came out, they saw that Michaela's scooter had been moved. When she went to retrieve it, a man grabbed her and pulled her into a car, police said.

Michaela's friend described the kidnapper as a white man between 18 and 24 years old with a pockmarked or pimpled face, longish dirty blond hair and a slender build. He was driving a large, boxy, "ratty", tan or brown sedan.

During their search of the Garrido property, investigators collected several bone fragments. Orrey said today that a forensic anthropologist has confirmed that none of the bone fragments are human.

Investigators are continuing to examine documents collected from the couple's house, but have still not interviewed Phillip or Nancy Garrido.

Contra Costa County sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said last week that other bone fragments recovered from the property and from a neighbor's property Garrido had access to were very old and most likely American Indian.

The first photograph of Jaycee Dugard as an adult appeared in People Magazine this week. In an exclusive interview with the magazine, Dugard, now 29, said she was happy to be back with her family.

http://cbs5.com/crime/garrido.garecht.kidnapping.2.1248849.html
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty David Jensen says he is falsely accused by family member in kidnapping, death of Michaela Garecht in 1988

Post by Nama Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:05 pm

An Exeter family is still attempting to make sense of an intense investigation that occurred last Wednesday at their home on B Street. The Tulare County Sheriff's Department, FBI Evidence Response Team, Santa Clara Sheriffs Department's K-9 Specialized Search Team, Tulare County Fire Department and the Hayward Police Department searched David and Gaylene Jensen's home for hours collecting bags of evidence and digging in the backyard.

A hole was cut in Jensen's interior ceiling, the entire house was searched and multiple items from a PlayStation 3 to multiple CPUs were taken from the home. A backhoe was brought in as law enforcement officials dug multiple large holes, removed several citrus trees and attempted to dodge water and gas lines on the property.

'We are not making any statements at this time due to the sensitive nature of this case,' said Sgt. Chris Douglass, spokesperson for the Tulare County Sheriff's Department, citing that the investigation was related to California Penal Code 293, pertaining to protecting the privacy of victims of sex crimes.

Homeowner David Jensen said he was taken to the Exeter Police Department earlier that morning where he was questioned for more than six hours by several agencies including the Hayward Police Department. He was accompanied by his son, Michael, 30, who also lives at the address. Jensen said Hayward Police questioned him about the November 1988 disappearance of 9-year-old Michaela Joy Garecht. Garecht was taken from Rainbow Market in Hayward after she and a friend rode their scooters to the store. After noticing her friend's scooter had been moved, Michaela went to retrieve it when a man grabbed her and forced her into his vehicle, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

'They showed me a flyer of a girl who had been abducted in 1988,' said Jensen. 'And then they asked me if I knew this girl. I said I'd never seen her before. Then they asked me if I'd ever lived in Hayward or if I had any family there and I said no,' Jensen continued. 'Then he tried to tell me that my youngest son [Gene], who would have been 4 at the time, said that I took him and this girl out into the woods. He doesn't remember what happened, but that when we came back, the girl was dead and I buried her in the backyard.'

Jensen said that law enforcement officials told him that they were digging in his backyard to see if they could find bones. Jensen also claimed that police where trying to make him confess to a crime he didn't commit.

'This guy was trying to make me say I did it,' said Jensen. 'I have no idea who this girl is. I am sympathetic with the parents and I'm sure they want closure, but I said I wasn't about to admit to something I didn't do.'

Upon arriving home after being released by police, Jensen said that no law enforcement officials were present to give an explanation or aid in putting the disheveled home back together. He added that law enforcement officials broke a water line, which was patched but now leaks.

Neighbors, friends and curious locals wondered what was going on behind the yellow crime tape, but that answer is part of a slowly unraveling family story.

Jensen said he had been in communication with his youngest son, 25-year-old Gene Jensen, the day prior to the search of the home.

'He had called me and said he wanted to talk about something, but I was in a hurry to see his mother in the hospital,' said Jensen. 'I told him she was going to have surgery that day.'

That was the last he heard from Gene.

'I don't want to say anything that would be hurtful to him,' said Jensen about their mostly estranged relationship.

Despite the still uncertain details of Jensen's relationship to his son, law enforcement officials are primarily focused on what lies beneath Jensen's property line.

'They said they found bones, but they didn't tell us what kind,' said Jensen. 'But if they found human bones I wouldn't be speaking right now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize a human bone.'

Jensen said that any bones law enforcement found at the home belonged to various deceased pets living there the last 24 years. He said that while he was rattled by the investigation, his first priority is his wife who was in the hospital last week for surgery and that he hopes to have the place cleaned up before her return.

Calls to the Hayward Police Department public information officer went unanswered.

The Sun-Gazette will continue to follow this investigation as it unfolds.

http://www.thesungazette.com/articles/2010/08/25/news/news01.txt
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:21 pm

I remember the story about this girl...When Jaycee was found, there was a lot of speculation about whether the Garridos might have gotten her also...The similarities in looks were discussed...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:45 am

10:43 p.m. PDT, July 13, 2011

There is renewed suspicion this week that there may be more kidnap victims connected to Phillip Garrido.

Hayward police told FOX40 News, Garrido is “not eliminated as a suspect” in the 1988 kidnapping of 9-year-old Michaela Garecht. Hayward police say Garrido is a person of interest in their case and now that the Jaycee Dugard case is over in El Dorado County, Hayward investigators will work with El Dorado County investigators on the Garecht case.

It is believed that Garrido was living in the Bay Area when the little girl was snatched in broad daylight right outside a small market. The description of the kidnapper and his car were similar to the descriptions in the Dugard case.

When officers arrested Garrido for kidnapping Dugard, Hayward police began to investigate whether the convicted sex offender could have also taken Garecht. Their investigators travelled to Antioch and searched the Garrido property.

There are many similarities in the Garecht and Dugard cases. Dugard was 11-years-old, she had blonde hair and blue eyes and was ripped from the roadside during the day, June 10th, 1991.

Three years earlier, Garecht, 9-years-old, a blonde hair, blue-eyed girl was snatched as she left a small market. A man grabbed her and pulled her into a car during the day. That was November 19th, 1988.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-phillip-garrido-may-have-more-victims-20110713,0,5828068.story

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:33 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:57 am

Michaela Garecht
Photobucket
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Born Michaela Joy Garecht
January 24, 1979
Disappeared November 19, 1988 (aged 9)
Status Missing for 22 years, 8 months and 11 days
Nationality American
Home town Hayward, California
Parents Sharon Murch (mother)

Michaela Joy Garecht (born January 24, 1979) was abducted on November 19, 1988 in Hayward, California, San Francisco Bay Area. Garecht was nine years old and was abducted outside a grocery store which was known as Rainbow Market at the time but is now called Mexico Super. The location of the market is at the corner of Mission Boulevard and Lafeyette Avenue. She has been missing for 22 years.

Garecht was abducted at approximately 10:15 am on November 19, 1988. Garecht and a friend left home at 10:00 am and rode their scooters to the market two blocks away from Garecht's home. They left the scooters by the side door as they went inside the store. Upon leaving the store, the two girls started walking home completely forgetting about the scooters. When they realized they had forgotten them they turned back to where they left them however they realized that Garecht's scooter was missing. Garecht spotted her scooter further down in the market car park where it had been deliberately placed near a parked car. When Garecht bent down to pick the scooter up, an unidentified, white male jumped out of the parked car and picked up Garecht from behind and threw her in to the back of his car.

Garecht's friend was the only witness and she ran back into the store to get help. The abductor managed to escape with Garecht and she has not been seen or heard from since.

Garecht's abductor is described as a white male and approximately 18 to 24 years old at the time of the abduction. The most distinguishing characteristic was that he seemed to have severe acne, boils and pockmarks on his face. He had shoulder length, dirty blonde hair. He may have been wearing his hair in a ponytail at the time. He was around 6 ft 0 in height and had a slender build. The abductor drove a large older model American-made sedan. It was possibly a four-door vehicle and was either cream or tannish gold in color. The car may have had cement splatters on the sides and lights set into the rear bumper. The front bumper was battered; the vehicle appeared run-down, it may have previously been in an accident. The car was last seen speeding south on Mission Boulevard towards nearby Union City, California with Michaela inside.

Garecht's kidnapping led to one of the most extensive police investigations by the Hayward Police department and they received 5000 tips in the first year alone. In 1994, The Daily Review reported that police had followed up more than 15,000 leads. More than two decades later, the investigation at the Hayward Police Station continues. Chief investigator Inspector Robert Lampkin declared, "we'll go anywhere, any corner of the earth to try to bring Michaela home".It has also remained an open case with the FBI and it is believed to still be solvable.

At the time of the kidnapping, Garecht's photo was featured as a missing child on milk cartons nationally and thousands of fliers and posters were spread throughout the community.

Garecht's kidnapping was one the most high-profile missing child cases and received national media attention.

Garecht's case was the first missing child case to feature on America's Most Wanted in 1988. The case featured once again on the show in 2009. The case has also featured on numerous other television shows including Unsolved Mysteries (twice) and many talk shows including The Oprah Winfrey Show, Dateline NBC, Larry King, CNN, Geraldo, Leeza, Maury, The Susan Powter Show, The Jane Whitney Show, The Today Show, Good Morning and The Early Show. The case has since caught the attention of the international media.

The reappearance of kidnapped school girl Jaycee Lee Dugard after 18 years in captivity, led police to be initially hopeful that Phillip Garrido might have also been involved in Garecht's disappearance. Hayward is within an hour's drive from Garrido's Antioch home and Garecht's abduction took place three months after Garrido was freed from prison for rape and kidnapping. Like Garecht, Dugard was also thrown into the back of a car in broad daylight and in the presence of witnesses. The general description of the kidnapper and the car used in both kidnappings are also similar. Although no evidence has been found linking Garecht's abduction to the Garridos; a connection to the abductors has not yet been ruled out and the investigation continues.

The anniversary of Garecht's kidnapping is marked every year at the location where the kidnapping took place. Several ribbons are tied to the tree next to where the kidnapper's car was parked.

If still alive today Garecht would be 32 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michaela_Garecht

She looks so much like Jaycee it's mind boggling. Garrido is locked up for the rest of his life. I wish he would confess. What more can they do to him? Even if he made a confession and they ended up giving him the DP..he would be on death row for decades IMHO. Look at Scott Peterson. He's been on death row since 2005 I believe.

I have to wonder if Jaycee ever saw this girl or knows anything about it. I would think the FBI has discussed this case w/her in length.

I feel for her parents. What a horrible way to live..wondering for all this time if your child is dead or alive.
crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:59 am

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garecht_michaela.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty FBI Kidnapping Poster: Michaela Joy Garecht

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 am

MICHAELA JOY GARECHT
November 19, 1988
Hayward, California

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Mg111 Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Mg211 Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Mg311
Multimedia: Images

DESCRIPTION
Date(s) of Birth Used: January 24, 1979

Place of Birth: Unknown

Height: 4'8" (at time of disappearance)

Weight: 75 pounds (at time of disappearance)

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Sex: Female

Race: White

Remarks:
Michaela Garecht was last seen wearing a white t-shirt with the word "Metro" across the front and pictures of people on the midsection. She had on denim pants rolled above her knees, black shoes, and wore three-inch pearl or white colored earrings which resembled feathers.

Suspect(s):
At the time of the abduction, the suspect was described as being between 18 and 24 years old with a slender build. He was approximately 6'0" and 180 pounds with dirty blond, shoulder-length hair. He had a pockmarked or pimpled face. He was driving an older model, full-sized four-door sedan, possibly gold or tan in color, with damage to the front bumper. (suspect composite)
Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Susp110 Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Susp210

THE DETAILS
Michaela Joy Garecht was nine-years-old when she was abducted by an unknown male assailant in the parking lot of the Rainbow Market in Hayward, California, on the morning of November 19, 1988. She was attempting to retrieve her friend's scooter that the abductor had moved closer to his vehicle while the girls were inside the market when she was grabbed by the assailant and pulled into a car. Garecht has not been seen or heard from since this date.

REWARD
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the abductor of Michaela Garecht.

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annacanna Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Oh man, this is my first time hearing this story. Seeing the website is so extremely sad and yet touching, her mother's love is so evident. Tears me to pieces
annacanna
annacanna

https://facebook.com/cannard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:58 pm

It's Great to see you, anna!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hayward Police Have Not Eliminated Phillip Garrido As A Suspect In The 1988 Disappearance of Michaela Garecht  Empty Bone Fragment Could Belong to Missing Girl Michaela Garecht

Post by Guest Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:59 am

Bone Fragment Could Belong to Missing Girl Michaela Garecht

Michaela was snatched outside a Hayward store in 1988 at the age of 9. Ever since family and friends have hungered for justice while hunting for clues about her fate.

October 11, 2012

By Bay City News Service
The mother of Michaela Garecht, who was kidnapped in Hayward in 1988 at age 9, has been told that a bone fragment taken from a mass grave near Stockton may belong to her daughter.
Hayward police, who have been investigating Michaela's disappearance since her abduction on Nov. 19, 1988, as she rode her scooter with a friend to the Rainbow Market on Mission Boulevard, approached her mother, Sharon Murch, with the news on Monday, Hayward police Sgt. Eric Krimm said.
The bone fragment, found in a well in Linden, Calif., in February, has been identified as that of a juvenile between the ages of 5 and 14, Krimm said. The gender has yet to be determined, he said.
The bone was recently analyzed by a forensic anthropologist at California State University at Chico. The anthropologist had received the remains a few weeks ago from Joan Shelley, who was told the bones were those of her 16-year-old daughter JoAnn Hobson, Krimm said.
JoAnn went missing from Stockton in 1985 and is believed to have been murdered by the "Speed Freak Killers" — Wesley Shermantine, 45, and Loren Herzog, who hanged himself at age 46 on Jan. 16. It is believed they buried their victims at the Linden well.

Investigators discovered the Linden site after being directed there by Shermantine.

The two are believed to have killed a number of people in the 1980s and 1990s. They were dubbed the "Speed Freak Killers" because they were allegedly high on methamphetamine at the time of the killings.

Shelley was told by the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office that the bones had been analyzed and
were determined to belong to her daughter.

Krimm said, however, that Shelley "was apparently not confident in the final evaluation of those bones," and she had the remains evaluated a second time by the expert at CSU Chico who determined that there were "two other individuals commingled with JoAnn Hobson's remains."

One bone in particular is believed to be that of Michaela, Krimm said.

The identification of the bone will determine the direction of the investigation, he said.

Shermantine, who has been convicted of four counts of murder and is on death row, sparked interest in Michaela's case when he said earlier this year that Herzog, who attended Linden High School with him in the 1980s, may have abducted Michaela.

Herzog was convicted in 2001 of three counts of murder and accepted a plea deal in which he was sentenced to 14 years in state prison. In 2010, he was paroled to a trailer outside the High Desert State Prison in Susanville.
http://unsolveditn.blogspot.com/2012/10/bone-fragment-could-belong-to-missing.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down