12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Normal Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 am

Jury selections slated for Mesa boyfriend slaying

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 12:07 PM CST
Updated: Dec 10, 2012 6:14 PM CST
By Kelly Hessedal, FOX 10 News - bio

PHOENIX -
Jury selection began Monday in the murder trial of a Mesa woman accused of brutally murdering her ex-boyfriend.

Police say Jodi Arias shot, stabbed, and slit the throat of motivational speaker Travis Alexander.

Monday, both sides started the process of whittling down a very large pool of potential jurors.

Today we heard from all sorts of people, including a makeup artist, a mortgage company owner, and a single mom who could potentially decide the fate of Jodi Arias.

It's a case that made national headlines. Jodi Arias is now 31 years old. She's accused of stabbing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander 27 times -- shooting him in the face -- and slitting his throat.

His body was found inside his east Mesa home back in June of 2008.

We interviewed Arias from behind bars that year. In a soft-spoken voice, she told us she's innocent.

"I've done many things that are shameful but this is not one of them. I would be shaking in my boots right now if I had to answer to God for such a heinous crime," Arias said four years ago.

Prosecutors say they have some very strong evidence in the case against her, including a digital camera card containing intimate photographs of the couple taken before the murder. One on a bed, another in the shower.

Minutes later, on the same card, there are bloody pictures of the 30-year-old after he had been killed.

Police also found a bloody palm print matching both Arias' and Alexander's DNA.

His friends had always suspected Arias was responsible for his death. They say she was obsessed with him.

"I didn't commit murder, I didn't hurt Travis, I would never hurt Travis," Arias said.

If convicted Arias could get the death penalty.

Jury selection is expected to last for 2 weeks. The trial is scheduled to begin January 2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by spayneuteryourpets on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:38 pm

She did it, but I don't think she will get the DP. She's way too pretty. I kinda hope they don't go for it because of what happened in the Casey trial.

I wonder if they have found the gun yet. And who it belongs to.
spayneuteryourpets
spayneuteryourpets

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Minutes later, on the same card, there are bloody pictures of the 30-year-old after he had been killed.
That sends chills down my spine when I read it. I agree about her not getting the DP.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by spayneuteryourpets on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 pm

lindamarie wrote:
That sends chills down my spine when I read it. I agree about her not getting the DP.

Who takes gory pictures of someone they've just killed? She is seriously scary. I'm afraid they will find her not guilty by reason of insanity. Then she'll get out of the mental hospital as soon as she can convince them she is sane. Please someone, tell me I'm wrong and that's not the way it works anymore.
spayneuteryourpets
spayneuteryourpets

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am

They would have already deemed her insane to stand trial. I do agree about the DP though even though this is AZ and NOT Florida.

Still want to know why a camera was in the washing machine and taking pictures????

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am

Remember the killer of Dusty Guenther? He took pictures with his phone of the little boy he had just slaughtered and sent them to his mother, bragging about it. These are sick, self-centered individuals who do this, but not sick-insane, just sick-sociopathic.

We can only hope that a killer's looks will not even be considered by the jury. It isn't her looks that are on trial. It's her audacity and capability to do what she obviously has done.

Only jurors who believe in the death penalty will be allowed on the jury, so I want to believe that her looks won't be the issue. It is only the brutality of the killing, the lack of remorse by the killer, and the total devastation & grief of the victim's family that should be considered in this case.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias trial: Jury seated in murder trial of Valley woman accused of murdering boyfriend

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Posted: 3:22 PM
Last Updated: 40 minutes ago
By: ABC15.com staff
MESA, AZ - The Maricopa County Superior court is reporting a jury has been seated in the case of a Valley woman accused of killing her boyfriend.

Jodi Arias allegedly carried out the unbelievably violent crime after a day filled with steamy sex -- and all of it may have been caught on tape.

Arias' MySpace page still has pictures of her and one-time boyfriend, Travis Alexander, scattered throughout the page. The pictures are from happier times, documenting their travels together and their intense, even obsessive relationship lasting five months in 2006 and 2007.

There are no indications Arias has spent more than four years in jail, no signs of the brutal killing which ended Alexander's life, no indications of the trial which will ultimately determine whether Arias lives or dies.
The two met at a conference more than six years ago. Arias said there was an instant connection. They talked on the phone each night, and court records indicate the two exchanged 82,000 emails.

Alexander was a Mormon, and Arias was so taken with him, she was baptized into the LDS church.

Alexander's family told ABC15, Arias took his virginity, and that she was obsessed with sex. After their relationship ended, the sexual relationship continued.

On June 9, 2008, Arias allegedly came to Alexander's home in Mesa. They had sex, and took explicit photos of each other, according to court records.

Alexander took a shower, and prosecutors say Arias took a picture of him, then pointed a .22 caliber handgun at his head and pulled the trigger. Court records indicate Alexander remained conscious. Arias then allegedly stabbed him, repeatedly.

He suffered 27 stab wounds in all, and records indicate some of those wounds were "defensive." The fatal wounds, according to court records, a deep stab wound to the chest, and a wound which went clear across his neck.

"I would never hurt Travis," Arias told ABC 15 shortly after her arrest. The soft-spoken, attractive 29-year-old took the unusual step of holding a jailhouse news conference after she was extradited from California. At first, she denied even being at the home.

Police would find a camera with the nude photos in a washing machine at Alexander's home, an apparent attempt to destroy the contents of the SD card inside. The pictures, however, remained intact. Court records indicate the camera may have even "inadvertently" captured an image of the attack itself.

DNA evidence was found at the scene, and a fingerprint matched to Arias.

When confronted with the findings, Arias changed her story, saying she was indeed at the home, but acted in self defense.

Arias' demeanor stands in sharp contrast to the brutality of the crime. She has conducted at least two media interviews since her arrest, and has always calmly denied her role in the crime, professing a strong faith in God. Arias was even the winner of a jailhouse Christmas caroling contest two years ago, telling the media she was happy her efforts would benefit charitable causes. Alexander's family says that demeanor masks a much darker, more obsessive side.

"It makes me sick," said Alexander's brother, Steven. "I ask people not to buy into the sweet, innocent persona she puts on."

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty, for what they see as a cold-blooded killing, and a defendant with no remorse. More than four years after the crime, Arias is now on her third legal defense team. At one point, she even wanted to represent herself.

The trial has been continued and delayed by countless motions. In one of them, her lawyers seek to suppress a statement she made in an interview, saying, "no jury will ever convict me."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She even looks like TMLS!!!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Jury selected in Jodi Arias murder trial

By Carol Gantt
updated 9:17 PM EST, Thu December 20, 2012

Jodi Arias is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in Arizona
Seven women and 11 men chosen for jury
Opening statements scheduled to begin January 2

A panel of 12 jurors and six alternates were sworn in Thursday for the Jodi Arias murder trial.

Seven women and 11 men, ranging in age from a male who appears to be in his early 20s to several of retirement age will be deciding if Arias is guilty of killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

During Thursday’s jury selection process, defense attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Wilmott argued that the prosecution was “systematically excluding” women and African-Americans. The jury appears to be all white except for one Hispanic male.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez argued that race and sex had nothing to do with striking the jurors. He cited a couple of women who had previous domestic violence incidents, one female who said she needed to be “100% sure that a person was guilty," an African-American woman who said she thinks the death penalty is akin to murder, and another woman is married to a preacher.

An African-American man was excused because he recognized one of the defense attorneys as a client at his after-school program.

Judge Sherry Stephens ruled the prosecution showed no bias in their decision to dismiss the potential jurors.

Arias is accused of shooting Alexander in the face, stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear.

In June 2008, Alexander's roommates found his mutilated body in the shower at his Mesa, Arizona, home. Prosecutors say Arias killed Alexander after he decided to break off their sexual relationship.

Authorities say Arias has given several stories about Alexander's death. Initially, Arias told police she wasn't with him when he was killed. Then, she said two intruders killed Alexander.

Now Arias is saying she killed Alexander in self-defense because he got violent with her. If convicted, Arias faces the death penalty.

Opening statements in Arias’ trial are scheduled to begin January 2.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Jodi Arias Court Date Set to Feb. 1, Predicted to be Bigger than Casey Anthony Trial
Dec 27, 2012 04:40 PM EST

Jodi Ann Arias court date has been set to begin Feb. 1 and it is considered to be the biggest court proceeding since Casey Anthony.

Jodi Arias, 31, is a photographer accused of shooting her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in the face then stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear.

At her trial, scheduled to begin in January, Arias' attorneys will argue she killed Alexander in self-defense, though they have not offered any details about how they'll try to convince the jury of that.

In early statements to police, Arias said she wasn't with Alexander when he died. Later, after police matched a bloody handprint at the scene to her, Arias claimed she and Alexander had been attacked in a home invasion and the masked intruders killed him.

"No jury is going to convict me ... because I am innocent and you can mark my words on that. No jury is going to convict me," Jodi Arias told "Inside Edition" in a jailhouse interview just three months after her ex-boyfriend's bloody corpse was found in his bathroom.

The trial was originally set to begin February 21, but is delayed until October because Arias' death penalty-qualified public defender, Victoria Washington, withdrew from the case December 23. A death penalty-qualified defense attorney is key to the case during jury selection and will play a major role during the sentencing phase if Arias is convicted of first-degree murder.

"I know this might sound creepy, but I hope to get to watch her die someday after she's on death row," Alexander's sister, Tanisha Sorenson, wrote in an email to HLNTV.com.

Jodi Arias' case has already been more than three years in preparation, and details remain as disturbing today as they were in 2008. In September of that year, Arias was arrested for the brutal slaying of Alexander and instantly made headlines around the world.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am pretty sure this trial starts on Jan. 2, NOT Feb 1.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Who is Jodi Arias: Cold-blooded killer or innocent victim?

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Posted on: 1:36 pm, December 27, 2012, by Web Staff, updated on: 01:46pm, December 27, 2012

By Graham Winch and Katherine Brennecke
For HLN.com

SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. – ”No jury is going to convict me … because I am innocent and you can mark my words on that. No jury is going to convict me.”

That’s what accused murderer Jodi Arias told “Inside Edition” in a jailhouse interview just three months after her ex-boyfriend’s bloody corpse was found in his bathroom.

By many accounts, Jodi Arias is a pretty, well-spoken, smart young woman. She’s also about to stand trial for shooting Travis Alexander in the face, stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear.
At her trial, scheduled to begin in January, Arias’ attorneys will argue she killed Alexander in self-defense, though they have not offered any details about how they’ll try to convince the jury of that. In early statements to police, Arias said she wasn’t with Alexander when he died. Later, after police matched a bloody handprint at the scene to her, Arias claimed she and Alexander had been attacked in a home invasion and the masked intruders killed him.

A jury will ultimately decide whether Alexander was the aggressor in the encounter that led to his death, or whether Arias is guilty of a cold-blooded murder deserving of the death penalty.

“I know this might sound creepy, but I hope to get to watch her die someday after she’s on death row,” Alexander’s sister, Tanisha Sorenson, wrote in an email to HLNTV.com.

The victim
Travis Alexander was a young guy with big dreams. He was active in the Mormon Church and well liked by his wide circle of friends.

In April, 2008, less than two months before he was killed, he wrote on his blog, “This Year will be the Best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined.”

His friend Dave Hall says, “Travis was the type of guy to give you the shirt off his back, you know. He always opened his house to you if you ever needed, threw tons of parties, he was a clean-cut, good, wholesome guy and just a great, great friend. Today he’d most likely be married, and he would have kids and what a great father he would make. And it just kills me to think that he’s not here with us all because Jodi just couldn’t let him go.”

Sorenson says, “Travis was an amazing person and a great example for me. His death was so hard for me. We are the closest in age. After his death, I decided to become a better person and become active in our church.”

Professionally, Travis Alexander was on the move up through the ranks of a pre-paid legal services company. He was a successful salesman and a motivational speaker.

He was at a Pre-Paid Legal Inc. convention when he caught the attention of Arias, a woman who would become his girlfriend and, later, his alleged killer.

Their story begins six years ago, in the fall of 2006. Alexander noticed Arias at the convention in Las Vegas and introduced himself. She was an aspiring photographer and they were both driven to succeed.

Alexander lived in Mesa, Arizona, at the time, and Arias lived five hours away in Palm Desert, California. But the distance didn’t stop them from forging a romantic relationship. Arias says she and Alexander started dating in February 2007.

“He had grown to mean so much to me,” Arias told CBS in a “48 Hours” interview. “You know we grew closer and closer and it was a natural progression. It was a serious relationship,” Arias said in the jail cell interview. Alexander’s friends say Arias began to make his world her own, even converting to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Despite their newly shared faith, which encourages abstinence before marriage, evidence shows they had a sexual relationship. There were steamy, provocative texts back and forth between Alexander and Arias. In the “48 Hours” interview, Arias said she and Alexander videotaped their sexual relations. During the trial, prosecutors are expected to show the jury racy photos of Alexander and Arias and provocative text messages between them.

Something was off
Arias told “48 Hours” she didn’t think Alexander’s friends were aware of the intensity of their relationship. “Nobody really knows what was going on behind closed bedroom doors except him and I.”

Many of Alexander’s friends have said they thought she came on too strong, too fast or that they thought there was something “off” about her.

Dave Hall is one of those friends. He met Alexander through work in 2002, and they became fast friends. Four years later, he met Arias at a company dinner, when she accompanied Alexander as his date. Dave says there was something strange, because Arias seemed to have no friends and never talked about her past.

“I thought ‘Ah, there’s an attractive girl.’ But as the evening went on, I just thought … she might be eye candy on the outside, but she was just very mysterious and I didn’t want to judge her at the beginning, but I just thought, her personality is not very… not very talkative. Very quiet, she just had a vibe about her that just was really mysterious and it wasn’t until after we started hanging out numerous times and doing events together, that me along with everyone that knew Travis, just said, ‘Dude, you can do a lot better. She might be good looking, but this is not someone you want to be in a relationship with.’”

Hall says he witnessed Arias become possessive of Alexander as their tumultuous on-again, off-again two-year relationship developed. “If he talked about another girl or if he looked at another girl… she just had this evil smirk on her face that you could just tell she was the type of person that could smile while she slit your throat, you know. Pardon the pun there, in light of what’s going on.”

A jealous lover
At some point in 2007, Arias got suspicious that Alexander was seeing other people. She told “48 Hours” she saw text messages Alexander sent to another woman. She broke up with him, but then moved from her home in California to Mesa, where Alexander was still living. Sorenson says Alexander’s tires were slashed while he was at another woman’s house. He replaced the tires, and they were slashed again at a different location, which she says means somebody was following him around.

Soon after that, a woman Alexander was dating got an email from “John Doe” warning her that her behavior was sinful. It read, in part, “If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil,” the email read. “You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more.”

Arias moved back to California in early 2008, but said she and Alexander maintained a relationship. In the interview with “48 Hours,” Arias said Alexander was going to visit her in May, but he postponed the trip. So she went on her own road trip in early June, stopping in Los Angeles to photograph her friend’s baby. She had planned to head to Utah after that to visit Ryan Burns, who also worked at Pre-Paid Legal and is a Mormon.

Burns says, “We talked a lot on the phone, but we certainly weren’t together or anything like that.”
Another of Alexander’s friends, Taylor Searle, tells In Session, that around the first week of June 2008, Alexander caught Arias hacking into his Facebook account and told her he wanted her out of his life. Searle says Alexander called him the next day and read the contents of an online chat between Alexander and Arias.

Searle says he asked Alexander, “Aren’t you afraid she’s going to hurt you?”

But as Arias told “48 Hours,” her version of events is different. She said Alexander asked her to come to Arizona to visit him. So she abandoned her plan to see Burns in Utah and headed to Mesa to see Alexander instead.

The killing
In the same interview, Arias said she got to Alexander’s house about 4 a.m. on June 4, 2008. She says they talked, went to sleep and woke up around 1 p.m. the next day. She says they had sex and took some explicit photos.

Police recovered the photos taken that day from the memory card of a digital camera found in Alexander’s clothes dryer. Those photos are a timeline of Alexander’s last hours alive.
At 1:40 p.m., a photo shows Arias posing for the camera nude on Alexander’s bed.
At 5:22 p.m., a photo was taken, and deleted, showing Alexander naked in the shower.
At 5:30 p.m., there’s another photo of Alexander.

Minutes later, he was dead.

Police say a photo time-stamped 5:32 p.m. shows Alexander’s dead body on the bathroom floor.

That bathroom and those details are part of what haunt Dave Hall. He had stayed with Alexander shortly before he was murdered. “I was there in that house. I was staying for a whole week, there in the bedroom next door to where he was murdered. So when I watched the news broadcast, and I hear them talk about the description of the bloody palm print on the wall and in the shower and stuff — I’ve been there. I’ve stood there, I’ve touched those walls, you know, I’ve been in that bathroom. It’s like I’ve stood there, and it’s really eerie to try to get these images out of my mind of my poor friend standing there and being shot, and then stabbed, and I visualize him fighting for his life and trying to get that knife away from Jodi.”
Contradictions

On June 9, 2008, Alexander’s roommates found his body and called 911. They immediately suspected Jodi Arias of killing him and told the operator about her. “He has an ex-girlfriend that has been bothering him and calling and [s]lashing tires and things like that … Her name is Jodi,” said one of Alexander’s roommates.

When police first contacted Arias, she told them she wasn’t there when Alexander died. She said the last time she saw Alexander was in April 2008. She said they had dated for more than five months, but had broken up in June 2007 because they both had jealousy issues. After the breakup, they continued to have sex but kept it a secret. She told police she last spoke to Alexander on the phone June 3, 2008, between 8 and 9 p.m. while she was driving from her home in Yreka, California, to a conference in Salt Lake City.
Arias’ behavior before Alexander died concerned Dave. He says his first thought after finding out Alexander was murdered was that Arias did it.

“Everyone was telling the detectives ‘Jodi’s involved.’ Down in Arizona at the memorial for him, you know, Jodi showed up like this grieving widow, so sad that Travis is gone. And she’s posting on Facebook, MySpace pictures and stuff of her and Travis, and how much she loved him, how much she’ll miss him and stuff. It just all felt creepy because in the back of your mind you’re going, ‘I don’t know how, but you’re involved and I know it.’”

Later, Arias changed her story about the day Alexander died. She said she and Alexander were victims of a home invasion. In a jailhouse interview with “Inside Edition” in September 2008, she says a man and a woman, both wearing masks, burst into the house and attacked both of them. “I witnessed Travis being attacked by two other individuals.” But she says she could not pick them out in a police line-up. “They came into his home and attacked us both.”

She claims she fled, but was too terrified to call the police. When “Inside Edition” asked why she didn’t immediately call the police, Arias said, “I’m not proud that I just left my friend there to be slaughtered at the hands of two other people, I’m not proud of that at all.”

Now, as Arias’ trial quickly approaches, she’s given a third story about that day. On June 22, 2010, her defense attorneys filed a “notice of defenses” notifying the court that they intend to argue that Arias was a victim of domestic violence and was justified in using deadly force to defend herself against Alexander. HLN reached out to Arias’ defense team for comment on the accusations and the defense strategy, but has not gotten a response.

Prosecutors aren’t buying the domestic violence defense, and neither are a lot of other people.

Sorenson says, “I mean she really thought she wasn’t going to get caught and messed up too many times. She thinks she can be that cunning and charming that she’ll be able to have a jury believe her after all this, that she can play the self-defense card after all her previous stories didn’t work out for her.”

In a jailhouse news conference, Arias said she understands that she is facing some convincing evidence. “I need to be honest and the evidence is very compelling. But none of it proves that I committed a murder.”

Warning signs
Hall says in hindsight, he saw the warning signs, but he didn’t believe Arias was capable of murder. He saw Arias the day after Alexander’s death, and thought her behavior was strange. “Ryan [Burns] who lives real close to me, right here in Utah, she started hooking up with him, and so she drove straight from Travis’ house up here to have a little make-out session with my buddy up here. Now, he’s going to have to testify in court, so there’s not a lot he can say to that, but she was up here for her booty call after butchering another human being, and the weird thing is, we were inviting her to go out four-wheeling with us the next day.”

Burns confirms Arias did visit him, but he clarifies, “When he says hooking up, he is saying ‘Utah Mormon hooking up,’ hanging out, maybe going on a date. Maybe not the national understanding of hooking up and getting it on. We never had any sexual anything. That had nothing to do with it. She was coming to get to know me and to hang out.”

Hall says part of what seemed so odd about Arias was the way she was dressed. “It’s June and she had a long-sleeve shirt on and it’s 100 degrees. She had a long-sleeve shirt on and she had bandages on her hand but her hair was completely different. She went from a blonde to a brunette. So, there were three major changes in her appearance. Now, the blonde to brunette, we’re like. ‘Wow. OK. That’s dramatic.’ But the long-sleeve shirt … I’m just sitting here thinking, ‘Man, I am doing everything I can to cool down, I could never wear long sleeves.’”

Burns says he still finds it hard to imagine that Arias could have killed Alexander and then come to Utah to hang out with him and his friends the next day. “I don’t see how she could have killed somebody and said it was self-defense and come and acted normal with me the whole day. There is obviously something wrong if she is saying a murder actually happened and then she spent an entire day hanging out with us and all of our friends after somebody had just been killed. I mean, whichever story she had gone with, the self-defense, the burglary, the ‘I wasn’t there.’ I mean she’s had so many stories now, no matter what it was, the way she acted … the only story that would have fit with that, if it was true, was that she was not there. Because the story that she’s given now, saying she was defending herself or something horrible happened, I just don’t see how she could have acted the way she did.”

The trial
Arias has been in jail since her arrest on July 15, 2008, a little more than a month after Alexander was killed. Her trial has been delayed multiple times. Opening statements begin on January 2nd.

Sorenson says she’s eager for the trial to start and she believes justice will help her sleep at night. “She has already dug her own grave, and I can’t wait ’til her arrogant self is convicted for taking the life of Travis. That is when I will smile and have some kind of closure.”

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm

I think that "franchiseherald" made a huge error. If you read that entire link that I posted, it says it is suppose to start in Jan and later, it says Feb. 1. As far as I know, this trial w/start Wed. Can't wait as I think TruTV is covering it live.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias: The trial of 2013

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:56 pm

The Jodi Arias trial, after years of delay, will finally begin January 2, 2013. In what many are already calling the trial of the year, Jodi is accused of brutally killing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. Investigators say Arias shot Alexander in the face, stabbed him at least 29 times and slit his throat from ear to ear.

Arias’ story of what happened that day has changed a few times. Originally, Jodi said she wasn’t in the apartment at all. Then she changed her story saying she was there but two masked intruders burst into the home and attacked them, killing Travis. Finally, Jodi Arias admitted to killing Travis but claims she did it out of self-defense.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Jodi Arias Trial Begins Next Week to Determine If She Was a Victim or a Murderer

Posted: 12/27/2012 - 8:46 pm PST | Last Updated: 12/27/2012 - 8:52 pm PST

The Jodi Arias trial, in which Jodi Arias is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend, begins next week and will determine if Arias is a victim or a cold blooded killer.

According to HLN, the Jodi Arias trial will begin next week, leaving Arias’ fate in the hands of the legal system. Jodi Arias, 29, is accused of stabbing her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, 27 times, shooting his face and slitting his throat from ear to ear. The Jodi Arias trial will be one of the most publicized trials of 2013 due to the varying accounts of the tragic event from Jodi Arias.

Although Jodi Arias will remain innocent until proven guilty, the Jodi Arias trial has already been spread across the media with the majority already convinced of Arias’ guilt.

The relationship between Arias and victim Travis Alexander began back in 2006. when the two met at a convention in Las Vegas. In February 2007, the two were involved in a romantic relationship despite living 5 hours apart from one another in California.

However, the relationship turned sour when Jodi Arias turned jealous after she became suspicious that Alexander was seeing other people. Even before that incident, friends of Alexander were growing concerned about the relationship. A friend of Alexander, Dave Hall said,

“I thought ‘Ah, there’s an attractive girl.’ But as the evening went on, I just thought … she might be eye candy on the outside, but she was just very mysterious and I didn’t want to judge her at the beginning, but I just thought, her personality is not very… not very talkative. Very quiet, she just had a vibe about her that just was really mysterious and it wasn’t until after we started hanging out numerous times and doing events together, that me along with everyone that knew Travis, just said, ‘Dude, you can do a lot better. She might be good looking, but this is not someone you want to be in a relationship with.’”

After a two year on-and-off again relationship, Jodi Arias broke up with Travis Alexander after suspecting him of cheating and moved to Mesa, where Alexander lived. According to friends of Alexander, Arias slashed Travis Alexander’s tired on multiple occasions when she followed him to other women’s homes. One of the women received an e-mail from a “John Doe,” that read,

“If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil. You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more.”

Different Stories from Jodi Arias
On June 9, 2008, Alexander’s roommates found his body and called 911 where they immediately suspected Jodi Arias of killing him and told the operator about her saying, “He has an ex-girlfriend that has been bothering him and calling and [s]lashing tires and things like that … Her name is Jodi.”

When authorities initially contacted Arias, she claimed that she was not present at the home where Travis Alexander died. However, investigators discovered a digital camera found in Alexander’s clothes dryer with photos that place Jodi Arias at the scene just minutes before his death.

As the Jodi Arias trial will show, Arias then changed her statement to police and said that they were victims of a home invasion and that she witnessed the murder of Alexander by two individuals.

Jodi Arias then changed her story for a third time, as her defense now says she was the victim of a domestic violence dispute.

Opening statements for the Jodi Arias trial will begin on January 2, 2013. Arias has been in jail since her July 15, 2008 arrest.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Then I guess I'll go ahead and post it on the calendar as January 2nd for the trial date until we hear otherwise.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:23 pm

OK, thanks. I am pretty sure opening statements are Wed.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 pm

I put it on the calendar and if it's not the right date I'll change it when we find out. I hope this is on TruTV I'd like to follow it.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:37 pm

I am pretty sure it will be. Really want to watch this unfold. I doubt she will be found Innocent..course, we thought the same thing w/TMLS. But, there is concrete evidence in this case.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias Timeline: Key Dates In Case Of California Woman Accused Of Stabbing Ex-Boyfriend 27 Times

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm

Posted: 12/31/2012 9:04 am EST | Updated: 12/31/2012 11:42 am EST
The trial of Jodi Ann Arias, set to begin Jan. 2, is expected to be the biggest court proceeding to take place since Casey Anthony was acquitted of murdering her child.

The 32-year-old photographer is accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear in the shower of his Mesa, Ariz., apartment.

The case, which has been more than four years in the making, has routinely captured headlines around the world, especially after details of it became public.

CASE TIMELINE
September 2006 – Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was a 30-year-old motivational speaker and legal-insurance salesman. Arias, then 28, was living in Yreka, Calif. and was trying to make it as a saleswoman and an independent photographer. The two had an instant connection and spoke on the phone every day. Court records indicate that the couple exchanged 82,000 e-mails.

February 2, 2007 – Alexander and Arias began dating. Because Alexander was a Mormon, Arias chose to be baptized into the LDS church.

June 29, 2007 – Alexander and Arias broke up. Although they were no longer dating, the couple maintained a physical relationship.

December 2007 – Alexander began dating another girl. He allegedly told friends that Arias was so jealous that she slashed the tires on his vehicle twice. After those incidents, his new girlfriend received a harassing email from a "John Doe." Alexander suspected that Arias was responsible.

April 2008 - Arias moved from Arizona to California. That same month, Alexander made a blog entry stating: "This Year will be the Best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined."

June 2008 - During the first week of June 2008, Alexander told friends that he suspected that Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.

June 4, 2008 - Arias allegedly came to Alexander's home in Mesa. They had sex and took explicit photos of each other, according to court records.

June 9, 2008 - Alexander's friends, concerned because they had not heard from him for several days, went to his home in the 11400 block of East Queensborough Ave. and found him dead inside his standup shower. Advanced decomposition suggested that he had been dead for several days. Large amounts of blood were discovered throughout the master bathroom, including on the floors, walls and sink area.

It was ultimately discovered that Alexander had been shot in the right brow with a .25-caliber gun -- the bullet was found lodged in his left cheek -- and that he had been stabbed 27 times. Someone had also cut his throat from ear to ear.

Investigators found several vital clues inside Alexander's bedroom and bathroom. A spent .25-caliber shell casing was located on the floor near the sink, and a hair and a small latent print in blood were found near the entrance of the bathroom hall. Also, a digital camera was found in the washing machine in the downstairs laundry room. The camera appeared as though it had been run through the wash cycle.

When questioned by police, Alexander's friends and family members indicated that Arias should be questioned.

"[Arias] was totally obsessed with him," Alexander's close friend Sky Hughes told The Huffington Post. "She wouldn't let him go. Whenever he would try to sever all ties, she would threaten to kill herself ... He would tell her he didn't want anything to do with her, and she would show up at his house. We knew it was her. We didn't want it to be her, but [we] just knew it was."

June 19, 2008 - Police contacted Arias and questioned her about his murder. "Jodi stated she last saw Travis in April of 2008," a police officer wrote in a probable cause document. "She admitted they had been seeing each other as boyfriend and girlfriend for over five months but had officially broken up in June of 2007, after some jealously issues on the part of both of them. After they broke up, they continued to have a sexual relationship, but kept it quiet from people they knew. She said she last spoke to Travis on Tuesday 6-03-08."

Later that day, at 10:54 p.m., Arias posted the following message to her MySpace page: "misses Travis. See you soon, my friend, but not soon enough."

June 17, 2008 - Arias went to the Mesa Police Headquarters and was voluntarily fingerprinted. She also gave investigators a sample of her saliva for DNA testing. While waiting for the lab test results to come back, investigators were notified that several shocking images, some of which had been deleted, were recovered from the memory card of the camera found in Alexander's washing machine. The deleted pictures were of Alexander, naked in the shower, just before his death. He appeared to be posing in some of the photographs; however, other photos, which were dark and grainy, "were of a subject on the floor of the bathroom bleeding profusely," police said.

Six other photos, time-stamped that same day, allegedly showed Arias on Alexander's bed. According to police, "all were nude pictures," and in some she was in "provocative sexual poses."

As a result of the photos, an investigator wrote: "Jodi was lying about not seeing Travis since April of 2008. This also proves that Jodi was the last person I can prove had contact with Travis prior to his death."

June 21, 2008 - Travis Alexander was laid to rest in Olivewood Memorial Park in Riverside.

June 26 2008 - investigators were notified that hair and a bloody print found inside Alexander's home belonged to Arias. DNA typing results also indicated that the bloody print was a mixture of Arias' and Alexander's DNA.

July 9, 2008 - Arias celebrated her 29th birthday. That same day, a grand jury in California indicted her on first-degree murder charges in the death of Travis Alexander.

July 15, 2008 - Mesa police detectives and Siskiyou County sheriff's deputies arrested Arias at her northern California home. Arias was booked in the Siskiyou County Jail on suspicion of first-degree murder.

September 5, 2008 – Arias was extradited to Arizona.

September 9, 2008 – A public defender was assigned to represent Arias.

September 11, 2008 – Arias entered a not guilty plea at her arraignment.

September 12, 2008 - In a jailhouse interview with The Arizona Republic, Arias denied killing Alexander but refused to say how she could prove her innocence or refute the DNA and photographic evidence that police claimed linked her to the crime. "God knows I'm innocent. I know I'm innocent," said Arias. "I had nothing to do with his murder. I would never hurt him. He was my friend."

September 24, 2008 – Arias was interviewed by "Inside Edition" and admitted publicly for the first time that she was present when Alexander was attacked by two intruders.

October 31, 2008 - The Maricopa County Attorney's Office filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty against Arias. The notice, filed in Maricopa County Superior Court, accused Arias of committing first-degree murder "in an especially cruel, heinous or depraved manner."

June 23, 2009 – Following her arrest, Arias changed her initial story. She admitted that she was present when Alexander was murdered, but she said that his death occurred during a home invasion. Arias reported that the two were having fun playing with his new camera when things took a sudden turn.

"I heard a really loud pop. And the next thing I remember, I was lying next to the bathtub and Travis was screaming," Arias said in an interview with "48 Hours." "At that point, I sort of was just trying to come around and kind of orientate myself to what was going on," Arias explained. "And I looked up and I just -- I saw two other individuals in the bathroom. And they were both coming toward us."

The intruders, whom she described as a man and woman dressed in black, were armed with a knife and a gun. At one point, she said that the man pointed the gun at her, but she was miraculously spared.

"He pulled the trigger. And nothing happened with the gun. And so I just grabbed my purse, which was on the floor at that point, and I ran down the stairs and out of there and I left [Travis] there ... I pushed past him and -- and his gun. And I just didn't look back."

Arias said that she kept driving and never called the police.

"It was -- I was terrified. And I was scared for my life. And I think there was a naive belief that I could pretend like it didn't really happen," Arias said.

December 2010 – Arias beat out 50 other inmates to win an 'American Idol'-style caroling contest for Inmates held by "America's Toughest Sheriff," Joe Arpaio, at the Maricopa County jail. Her prize was a Christmas stocking full of goodies and a turkey dinner for herself and her cellmates.

August 8, 2011 - Arias told Judge Sherry Stephens of Maricopa County Superior Court that she wanted to represent herself. Stephens granted the request but had Arias' public defenders, Victoria Washington and Kirk Nurmi, remain on as advisory council.

August 16, 2011 – A request to admit letters that Arias claimed to receive from Alexander prior to his death was denied. In the letters, Alexander allegedly admitted to being a pedophile. Prosecutor Juan Martinez told the court that the letters were tested and found to be forgeries. After the ruling, Arias told Judge Stephens that she was "over her head." The judge then reinstated her defense counsel.

Arias' third story was detailed in the court documents as part of the request that she made to admit electronic copies of Alexander's alleged letters.

"Defendant had previously attributed the crime to intruders. She now argues that all of the letters must be admitted to support her domestic violence defense," prosecutors wrote in a motion to preclude the letters. "Defendant argues that the letters are relevant to her claim of self-defense and that she was a victim of previous 'sexual and physical abuse' by Mr. Alexander."

Arias, according to prosecutors, claimed that Alexander "became angry when she dropped his camera" and that she was forced to kill him in self-defense.

December 16, 2011 – Arias' attorney, Victoria Washington, filed a motion to withdraw from the case.

December 21, 2011 – Washington's motion was granted.

December 27, 2011 - Arias' younger sister, Angela Arias, said her sister's statements during the "48 Hours" interview were lies and that Alexander's death was an act of self-defense on her sister's part during an incidence of domestic violence.

"She was not under oath when she spoke on TV and yes, she lied," Angela Arias wrote on Facebook after The Huffington Post sent her a request for comment. "But, it was because she was so in love with that man she did not want people to know what a monster he really was. She wanted everyone to believe that he was as amazing as they thought he was ... My sister is innocent of the crime they are accusing her of ... She did kill Travis but it was not in cold blood, it was not for revenge, it was because she was afraid for her life."

January 2012 - Jennifer Willmott, a death penalty-qualified defense attorney, was assigned to represent Arias.

February 9, 2012 - Judge Sherry Stephens denied a motion in which Arias' defense lawyers requested that the death penalty be removed as a punishment option for Arias. The defense argued that Arias should not face death because she had not planned to kill Alexander. His death was an act of self-defense, her attorneys argued.

December 10, 2012 - Jury selection for Arias' trial began. The court summoned 375 potential jurors.

December 20, 2012 - A panel of 12 jurors and six alternates – seven women and 11 men -- were sworn in for Jodi Arias' trial.

Opening statements in Arias' trial are scheduled to begin January 2. If convicted, Arias could face the death penalty.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:42 am

|
|

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Watch LIVE: Jodi Arias murder trial

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Posted on January 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Updated today at 10:48 AM

Jodi Arias murder trial begins today

PHOENIX -- Nearly five years after allegedly murdering her boyfriend in an unarguably brutal manner, Jodi Arias is facing a jury in what could be the most-watched court case since the Casey Anthony trial.

Please click the above thread to watch LIVE. It is about to start. Click the full screen button for a larger view.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:19 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:39 pm

If anyone finds a link on the trial LIVE that comes in louder, please post. Thanks!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Looks like it won't be televised until Monday. You're right, the sound is awful!

In Session’s live coverage of the Jodi Arias trial begins January 7 on truTV from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Trial play by play comments

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Play by play of the trial.....just keep refreshing the page. Audio is BAD on this site too.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Vinnie Politan

@VinniePolitan
I will have coverage of start of #JodiArias #fatalattraction murder case today 4pm eastern on HLN...

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 pm

I've been watching some updates on HLN from court ... they showed it in small chunks...

For now, i think, i am OK with that .. for some reason, i don't care about watching it LIVE on the net all day long, lol

Would be good though, if they will start to show more of it on HLN .. we'll see..

p.s. Oh! Cool (re: @VinniePolitan coverage on HLN)
My TV is on HLN currently .. so i am ready for it :)
In 25 min. or so, i guess
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks, BJ and Darkman. I hear you about watching it all day. We did that w/CA and I don't know if I have the time or want to sit at my computer all day and watch it.

This girl is so guilty. I do wonder about putting the DP on the table simply because that backfired w/CA. And, I wish NG would STFU and let Dan Abrams make his points. my 2 cents

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:19 pm

In Session’s live coverage of the Jodi Arias trial begins January 7 on truTV from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET.
I wondered about that.Why would they wait until the 7th when opening statements were today? Makes no sense.

I did catch JA w/the kleenex boo hoo hooing like CA did. All fake IMHO!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:39 pm

BJ wrote:Looks like it won't be televised until Monday. You're right, the sound is awful!

Oh great. During CA's trial I couldn't watch it until 12 noon so I was behind always by three hours. But I do wonder why they are starting coverage next Monday when as far as I've been able to determine it started today.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
I wondered about that.Why would they wait until the 7th when opening statements were today? Makes no sense.

I did catch JA w/the kleenex boo hoo hooing like CA did. All fake IMHO!

InSession might be delaying showing the start of the trial so they can get ahead of the live coverage and line up those annoying talking heads who don't even have the courtesy to wait till a break in the courtroom to cut in and blab. Really, I miss the gavel to gavel coverage and wish some network would re-invent "Court TV". By another name of course. Then maybe InSession would take notice, when all of us desperate to see a trial tune in ELSEWHERE.
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Thanks, BJ and Darkman. I hear you about watching it all day. We did that w/CA and I don't know if I have the time or want to sit at my computer all day and watch it.

This girl is so guilty. I do wonder about putting the DP on the table simply because that backfired w/CA. And, I wish NG would STFU and let Dan Abrams make his points. my 2 cents

1. NG will never, ever STFU.

I am really looking forward to the Andrea Newman trial. I want to see that B fry!!!
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Posted on January 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Updated today at 10:48 AM

Jodi Arias murder trial begins today

PHOENIX -- Nearly five years after allegedly murdering her boyfriend in an unarguably brutal manner, Jodi Arias is facing a jury in what could be the most-watched court case since the Casey Anthony trial.

Please click the above thread to watch LIVE. It is about to start. Click the full screen button for a larger view.

Thanks for this link, I was able to watch the trial all afternoon (till 6:30pm my time) on my laptop. I had to use ear phones w/ laptop because of the very low audio. I also got it on my iphone but very small of course and hard for me to see. But for the first time ever for me, I will be able to go out of the house to run errands and not miss any of the trial. How cool is that.
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 pm

That's WAY cool, Hippy!! Lot's to catch up on. They are now saying Travis was stabbed 29 times instead of 27. And, she's pleading self defense after lying twice about her alibi or saying she was not there?

Even if this were self defense, you don't stab someone 29 times, slit their throat from ear to ear and shoot them in the face and he was in the shower..not like he was in "attack mode." And, his poor family are in the courtroom and his poor sister is inconsolable. And, Jodi sits there and boo hoo's. She makes me Sick!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias Trial: Travis Alexander Told Arias He Was 'Nothing More Than A Dildo'

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Posted: 01/03/2013 6:50 pm EST | Updated: 01/03/2013 6:50 pm EST

Testimony continued to get heated during day two of Jodi Arias' murder trial Thursday, when a prosecution witness read an alleged message in court, in which the victim said he felt like a sex toy.

"I was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat for you," Travis Alexander told Arias in a Facebook message, according to Mesa police detective Esteban Flores.

Flores statement came just hours after the detective told the jury that Alexander had sent emails to Arias calling her a "slut" and a "whore."

Arias, a 32-year-old photographer from Yreka, Calif., is accused of killing Alexander.

Alexander was found dead on June 9, 2008, inside his standup shower. Advanced decomposition suggested he had been dead for several days. Authorities determined Alexander had been shot in the right brow with a .25-caliber gun and stabbed 27 times before his throat was cut from ear to ear.

Earlier on Thursday, the jury heard a recording of an interview between Arias and Flores.

During the interview, Arias said she had dated Alexander for about five months.

"[We] tried to remain friends ... We were intimate but I would not say romantic as far as a relationship goes," Arias said in the recording.

The sexual undertone of the trial surfaced early on day one, when Arias' attorney, Jennifer Willmott, said during opening statements that Alexander had pressured Arias into having sex with him. Willmott further alleged that Alexander told her that because of his Mormon faith, anal and oral sex was not as big of a sin as vaginal sex.

Willmott claimed Arias was a victim of domestic violence and killed Alexander in self-defense. Prosecutors contend it is a case of cold blooded murder.

The trial was adjourned Thursday after testimony by a crime scene investigator. Court is scheduled to resume on Tuesday.

If convicted, Arias could face the death penalty.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:08 pm

|
|

By SHANA DRUCKERMAN and ALYSSA NEWCOMB (@alyssanewcomb)
PHOENIX, Ariz., Jan. 3, 2013
Prosecutors in the Jodi Arias murder trial showed jurors a photograph of her former lover, Travis Alexander, lying slashed and lifeless in a pool of blood in his shower.

The gruesome scene was introduced on the second day of Arias' trial, along with a slew of evidence, including a man's bloodied T-shirt.

Defense attorneys for Arias portrayed Alexander as a controlling and abusive lover to the Arizona woman who killed Alexander in self defense.

Evidence emerged today showing they exchanged electronic messages filled with sexually crude references about each other, and the jury heard a recorded phone call between Arias and Police Det. Esteban Flores where Arias said the couple was so distrustful of each other that they shared their online passwords.

"He gave me his Facebook password and MySpace and I gave him my Facebook and Gmail account. Reason we did that [is] because we thought, 'What can we do to reestablish trust?'" she said. "It didn't work."

In a case that is already being compared to the dramatic 2010 murder trial of Casey Anthony, Arias, 32, is facing the death penalty if convicted in the capital murder case.

She is accused of stabbing Alexander 27 times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head in the shower of his Mesa, Ariz., home in June 2008. A jury will have to decide if she is a cold-blooded murderer or was a victim of domestic violence, as she claims, who was forced to kill.

WATCH LIVE: Jodi Arias Murder Trial

In the most dramatic moment today, prosecutors showed the jury a graphic photo of Alexander's face and body where he was found.

Earlier, the prosecution introduced emails between the couple. On cross examination, a defense lawyer asked Flores whether Alexander referred to Arias in those emails with a crude sexual term as well as other insulting words.

"Do you recall her saying he had said several mean things to her?" defense lawyer Kirk Nurmi asked.

"Yes," Flores answered.

Nurmi asked if Alexander referred to Arias "as a slut." "Yes," the detective said.

"As a whore?" the lawyer asked. "Yes," he replied.

Flores testified that the exchange included Alexander writing to Arias, "I think I was little more than a dildo with a heartbeat to you."

Bags of evidence from Alexander's apartment were displayed in court today, including a men's T-shirt soaked in blood that was held up for the jury to see.

Prosecutor Juan Martinzez provided jurors with a look inside Alexander's home, presenting pictures of the garage, laundry room, hallway where Alexander kept his punching bag in his bedroom.

Travis Alexander Murder: 911 Call

Appearing in court Wednesday as the trial opened, Arias cried through much of the opening arguments. Prosecutor Juan Martinez told the court that it's clear that Arias murdered Alexander.

"This is not a case of whodunit," he said. "The whodunit sits in court today."

Prosecutors told the jury Wednesday that Alexander was a devout Mormon who was seduced and then stalked by Arias, and killed by her in a jealous rage when she learned he was dating other women.

"She rewarded that love by sticking a knife in his chest," Martinez told the court. "She slit his throat as a reward for being a good man."

Arias' attorney Jennifer Willmott told the jury her client was forced to kill in self defense, saying that her client -- who recently won a Christmas caroling contest behind bars -- was abused and controlled by Alexander, who she claims was a sexual deviant. Willmott showed the jury a t-shirt she says he made Arias wear, with lettering that says 'Travis Alexander's.'

"That t-shirt is the perfect example of how Travis treated her," she said.

The couple only dated a few months after meeting in 2006 at a work convention in Las Vegas. They broke up in June 2007 but continued a sexual relationship that continued until the day of the crime.

Police found a camera in Alexander's washing machine. They say Arias was literally trying to wash away the evidence.

Found on the camera's memory card were pictures of their final sexual encounter, shots of Alexander in the shower -- seconds before he was killed -- and pictures that appeared to be taken accidently when the camera was dropped. One of the images shows Alexander's bloody body, and another shows Arias dragging his body across the ground.

In a series of jailhouse interviews since her 2008 arrest, Arias repeatedly changed her story. First she denied being at Alexander's house the night of the murder, but two weeks later, she told the TV show "Inside Edition" she was there.

"I witnessed Travis being attacked by two other individuals," she said, "Who were they? I don't know."

Now she admits to killing Alexander, but says she had to after he attacked her when she dropped his new camera.

"Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander," Willmott said in court Wednesday. "The million-dollar question is what would have forced her to do it, and throughout this trial you will hear that Jodi was indeed forced."

Willmott told the court that Arias, who has remained in jail since her arrest, repeatedly lied about the killing because she was scared.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:23 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Jodi Arias Trial: Updates In Day 2 Of Woman Charged With Travis Alexander's Murder
Posted: 01/03/2013 2:23 pm EST | Updated: 01/03/2013 6:47 pm EST

MESA, Ariz. -- Prosecutors presented a phone recording of murder suspect Jodi Arias' first conversation with police in court today on the second day of the long-awaited trial for her boyfriend's 2008 slaying.

The body of 30-year-old Travis Alexander, the man Arias dated for months, was found by his friends in his shower in Mesa, Ariz. His throat had been cut from ear to ear, and he had been shot in the face and stabbed 27 times, prosecutors said Wednesday. Arias was slapped with a first-degree murder charge and faces the death penalty if convicted.

The recording is part of the evidence detailing Arias' behavior shortly after Alexander's grisly death. It was played in court after Maricopa County Prosecutor Juan M. Martinez called Mesa Police Det. Esteban Flores to the witness stand.

Flores, the lead detective in the case, said he was at Alexander's house on June 9, 2008, after the victim’s body was discovered by friends. Flores said he conducted a phone interview with Arias the following day, after he was notified she wanted to speak with him.

During the recorded call, she described herself as a good friend of Alexander’s and said she wanted to help police in any way that she could.

Arias, who seemed to go from giddy to emotional at various times throughout the audio recording, told Flores that she had heard Alexander had passed away and that there was a lot of blood at the crime scene. She asked about what type of weapon was used or recovered at scene, but Flores told her he was unable to discuss that information with her.

Asked by Flores in the recording if Alexander owned any firearms, Arias said he had none that she was aware of. She did, however, offer that Alexander was into mixed martial arts and had a punching bag that he liked to "beat the crap out of." His weapons, Arias said on the recording, were his two fists.

Asked about her relationship with Alexander, Arias said that they had not dated long.

“We dated for like five months and we broke up and actually did not see each other for quite a bit,” Arias said. “[We] tried to remain friends, more like buddies. We were intimate but I would not say romantic as far as a relationship goes.”

Arias added, “I’m telling you this to help in any way I can.”

In regard to the couple’s breakup, Arias said she had a suspicion Alexander was cheating on her. She said she could not trust him and claimed he would get “upset real easily.”

During the interview, Flores told Arias that Alexander's friends had alleged that she had hacked into Alexander’s email. Arias denied the allegation.

"People felt you were taking advantage of him or hanging out when you weren't wanted,” Flores said.

Arias dismissed the opinion of Alexander’s friends and said she feels they talk about her because she is an ex-girlfriend.

“We need to know who had some type of beef with him or why they would want to do this to him. It was an angry situation. Somebody went in there to hurt him and they did –- hurt him really bad,” Flores said at one point in the recording.

Arias said Alexander was really strong and she could not understand how anyone could overpower him. She also said she was concerned because, “He never locked his doors.”

When the recording ended in the courtroom, Martinez turned the witness over to defense attorney Kirk Nurmi for cross-examination.

Nurmi asked Flores if he had ever seen a picture of a French maid outfit that Alexander allegedly wanted Arias to wear when she would clean his home. Flores testified that Arias told him that she had cleaned Alexander’s house, but said he had never seen a picture of the French maid outfit.

The defense attorney then questioned Flores about a tassel or a piece of rope – an item the defense suggests may have been used during bondage play -- that was found at the crime scene. Flores confirmed that pieces of rope were found on the staircase, bedroom and bathroom.

Nurmi moved on from the rope to emails Alexander allegedly sent to Arias. Nurmi asked Flores if Alexander had called her names in the emails, like “slut” and “whore.” Martinez objected, citing hearsay and speculation, but judge Sherry Stephens allowed the question. Flores then confirmed that Alexander had sent messages to Arias calling her those names.

Court was recessed until 3:30 p.m. ET.

Arias maintains that she killed Alexander in self-defense when he flew into a violent rage. Prosecutors contend that she was a jealous woman who killed Alexander because he wanted to end their relationship.

UPDATE (5:40 PM ET):

After the recess, Flores read from a Facebook message that he said Alexander sent to Arias:

"I was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat for you," the message read.

Later, a fingerprint examiner with Mesa police, Heather Connor, took the stand and unveiled evidence found at the crime scene.

Forensic teams took a total of three days to complete processing the crime scene at Alexander's house, and found evidence in his washing machine, Connor said. The contents included clothing and a broken digital camera, which contained a SIM card, though more information about the card wasn't yet released. The clothing items, as well as a towel, appeared to have bleach stains, she said.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Detective testifies against Arizona woman charged with slashing and killing ex-boyfriend

By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, January 3, 7:08 PM

PHOENIX — A woman charged with killing her motivational speaker ex-boyfriend in a jealous rage in Arizona in 2008 calmly denied any involvement in the gruesome slaying in a recorded telephone call with a detective that was played for jurors Thursday.

Jodi Arias, 32, could become the fourth woman on Arizona’s death row if she’s convicted of killing Travis Alexander. Prosecutors said she shot him in the face, stabbed and slashed him nearly 30 times and slit his throat in a volatile, jealousy-fueled attack.

Jurors heard testimony Thursday from Mesa detective Esteban Flores, the lead investigator on the case, and a recording of a conversation he had with Arias on June 10, 2008, a day after the body was found. On the call, Arias denied being involved in the death and calmly told the detective that she had not seen Alexander, 30, in two months.

“I heard that he passed away, and that, I don’t know, I heard all kinds of rumors, I heard there was a lot of blood,” Arias told the detective in the phone call.

Arias said she moved back to California in April 2008 after their relationship ended.

“You haven’t come back in town since then?” Flores asked her.

“No I haven’t,” she replied.

She also told Flores that she knew of no enemies that Alexander had and described him as a very fit man who would have been difficult to overpower.

She later changed her story, telling police two intruders killed Alexander and she managed to escape. She eventually admitted to the killing, but claimed self-defense after he became enraged and lunged at her.

The trial began Wednesday.

The two met in Las Vegas in 2007 and quickly entered into a stormy relationship. Court records show that Arias became jealous on several occasions during their romance, as evidenced in the thousands of emails and instant messages the two exchanged.

Prosecutors argue Arias went to Alexander’s home around June 4, 2008, intent on killing him after learning he planned to take a trip to Mexico with another woman. She claims she ended their relationship, but the two continued to carry on a sexual affair.

Authorities say Alexander was shot with a .25 caliber gun, the same caliber weapon Arias and her grandparents reported stolen from their Northern California home just days before the killing. Police have not recovered any of the weapons used in the slaying.

First I've heard they never recovered the weapons she used. Makes me wonder since she's finally admitted killing him, what she's telling her attorneys as to Where the weapons are.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:35 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm

I think shes another narcissistic little cray-cray, like someone else we know and hate- TLMS. Should be a good trial.
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:40 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:45 pm

They said the jurors will need counseling after the trial from viewing the crime scene pics! Oh my!!!!!
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:01 pm

This is a must-see. Of course, Nancy describes when SHE was a "victim" when her fiance' was murdered..that she couldn't eat and got down to 89 lbs. I find that Very hard to believe. I DO agree w/her referencing HOW could Jodi eat after brutally murdering him?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:06 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:09 pm

HippyChick2 wrote:They said the jurors will need counseling after the trial from viewing the crime scene pics! Oh my!!!!!
I know. Those have got to be some horrific pictures. I think this girl is a cold blooded killer with a hair trigger temper. She's scary!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum