Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY!

3 posters

Go down

Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY! Empty Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY!

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 am

February 16, 2012
Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY! Wife10

A man arrested at the Interstate 95 southbound rest stop in Fairfield has been returned to New York City to face charges that he bludgeoned his wife to death.

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said Tuesday that charges against 32-year-old Jordan L. Hawes include second-degree murder.

The prosecutor said the victim, 33-year-old special education teacher Tara Hawes, was found dead in her bed on Feb. 2. Evidence in the apartment allegedly included two knives and a baseball bat with what appeared to be blood on them.

Hawes was arrested by Fairfield and State Police on Feb. 4 as he left the McDonald's restaurant in the rest stop. Hawes was held in Connecticut as a fugitive from justice, police said. Hawes was hospitalized with a medical issue, Lt. J. Paul Vance said.

Tara Hawes was last seen alive on Jan. 30, and was found Feb. 2 in the Astoria apartment she shared with her husband. Police said she died from extreme blunt force trauma to her head and body. Police did not find any indication of forced entry and discovered the woman's 2008 Jeep Liberty was missing.

According to police, after Hawes killed his wife, he took jewelry and other items, and fled in her Jeep. He texted co-workers on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1, telling them his wife was not going to be able to go to work that day because of a family emergency, and said her cellphone was dead, police said.

Police said Hawes stopped at various pawn shops in Queens to sell jewelry, including his wife's wedding ring, and tried to withdraw money from various ATMs with his wife's debit card. He also returned to his apartment on the day his wife's body was found, staying in the apartment from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., authorities said. A witness told police Hawes "kept his hands concealed in his pockets, his head down and failed to acknowledge (the witness) by saying anything."

Hawes' cellphone was tracked to Connecticut. When approached by police, Hawes surrendered and said "I did something wrong," authorities said.

A note, apparently written by Jason Hawes and stained with blood, read, "Where to begin, my life has been great most of the time. I was raised by my mom and dad, and I have learned so much from my child ... I don't know what the (f---) happened last night, but my life is destroyed. I killed my best friend."

Attorney Sanford Talkin said Hawes voluntarily waived extradition so that he could return to New York and face the charges as soon as possible. Hawes appeared in state Superior Court in Bridgeport on Tuesday.

Hawes was also charged with third-degree grand larceny, criminal possession of stolen property and third-degree unauthorized use of a vehicle.

Talkin declined further comment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY! Empty Re: Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 pm

NEW YORK — A man arrested in Connecticut has been returned to New York City to face charges that he bludgeoned his wife to death.

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said Tuesday that charges against 32-year-old Jordan L. Hawes include second-degree murder.

The prosecutor said the victim, 33-year-old special education teacher Tara Hawes, was found dead in her bed on Feb. 2.

Evidence in the apartment allegedly included two knives and a baseball bat with what appeared to be blood on them.

Connecticut State Police arrested Hawes on Feb. 4 at a southbound rest stop on Interstate 95 in Bridgeport.

Attorney Sanford Talkin said Hawes voluntarily waived extradition so that he could return to New York and face the charges as soon as possible.

He declined further comment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY! Empty Jordan L. Hawes gets prison for killing his sleeping wife

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm

NYC man gets prison for killing his sleeping wife
March 16, 2012, 2:50 p.m. EDT
AP

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for killing his wife with a baseball bat while she slept.

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown announced the sentencing Friday of Jordan L. Hawes.

Hawes pleaded guilty last month to first-degree manslaughter.

The victim, 33-year-old special education teacher Tara Hawes, was found dead in her bed on Feb. 2.

Connecticut State Police arrested Hawes on Feb. 4 at a southbound rest stop on Interstate 95 in Bridgeport.

A note that appeared to have blood stains on it was found at the couple's home. It said: "My life is destroyed. ... I killed my best friend."
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY! Empty Re: Jordan L. Hawes Charged With Second-Degree Murder In The Bludgeoning Death Of His Wife Tara/Hawes sentenced to prison for 25 years ONLY!

Post by lisette Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:59 pm

A New York City man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for killing his wife with a baseball bat while she slept.

25 years!? Should be LWOP, at least.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 pm

I agree. Can't believe that is all he got!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down