Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnant woman, daughter missing /Teresa and Makayla Guajardo are from South Haven/Both found safe

3 posters

Go down

Pregnant woman, daughter missing /Teresa and Makayla Guajardo are from South Haven/Both found safe Empty Pregnant woman, daughter missing /Teresa and Makayla Guajardo are from South Haven/Both found safe

Post by Wrapitup Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Updated: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 11:23 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 5:48 PM EST

By Dani Carlson
SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. (WOOD) - A pregnant woman and her 3-year-old daughter have been missing since Feb. 23. Her mother told 24 Hour News 8 on Tuesday night that she's very worried.

"She's been a great mom with her daughter," said Sherry Ziegler, the mother of 23-year-old Teresa Guajardo. "For her behavior right now -- it's not like her. She's not... She doesn't just disappear for days and nobody knows where she is. Either her [twin] sister knew where she was, or I did."

Teresa Guajardo and her 3-year-old daughter Makayla are missing.

Ziegler said Guajardo is eight and a half months pregnant with a boy. Guajardo is due March 12, but Ziegler is worried the baby could come any day.

Ziegler said she reported her daughter missing on Sunday morning and has no clue what could have happened to her.

"I'm very worried. 'Cause not knowing, you know, are they OK or what?" said Ziegler while shaking her head.

South Haven Police Sgt. Natalie Thompson told 24 Hour News 8 that Guajardo is supposed to take medicine daily and they aren't sure she has it with her.

Ziegler told 24 Hour News 8 that medicine has to do with a past addiction problem. She said that her daughter has been "clean" for three to four months.

Sgt. Thompson said the police department is particularly concerned since Guajardo is pregnant and has a small child with her.

Guajardo does not have a car or a cell phone.

"If you see anyone walking along the side of the road hitchhiking -- maybe hanging around a gas station asking for rides -- we really encourage people to call in," said Sgt. Thompson.

Sgt. Thompson said that at this point, authorities have no reason to believe there has been any foul play, but the longer Guajardo is missing the more concerned the police department gets.

"I'm really really concerned about her safety and her health for both of them. Well, all three of them, actually," said Ziegler.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Guajardo or her daughter is asked to call South Haven Police at 269.637.5151.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Pregnant woman, daughter missing /Teresa and Makayla Guajardo are from South Haven/Both found safe Empty Re: Pregnant woman, daughter missing /Teresa and Makayla Guajardo are from South Haven/Both found safe

Post by Wrapitup Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Pregnant woman, daughter missing /Teresa and Makayla Guajardo are from South Haven/Both found safe Empty Re: Pregnant woman, daughter missing /Teresa and Makayla Guajardo are from South Haven/Both found safe

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Pregnant woman, daughter found safe
Teresa Guajardo said she left willingly

Updated: Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012, 6:43 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 5:48 PM EST

SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. (WOOD) - A pregnant woman and her 3-year-old daughter were found safe about 2:15 a.m. Wednesday at a residence in South Haven Township.

Teresa, 23, and Makalya Guajardo were last seen Feb. 23. Teresa told police she willingly left with friends, and that she and her daughter were not in any danger.

Teresa's mother told 24 Hour News 8 on Tuesday night that she was very worried.

"She's been a great mom with her daughter," said Sherry Ziegler. "For her behavior right now -- it's not like her. She's not... She doesn't just disappear for days and nobody knows where she is. Either her [twin] sister knew where she was, or I did."

Ziegler said Guajardo is eight and a half months pregnant with a boy and due March 12.

"I'm really really concerned about her safety and her health for both of them. Well, all three of them, actually," Ziegler said Tuesday night.

Ziegler said she reported her daughter missing on Sunday morning and has no clue what could have happened to her.

"I'm very worried. 'Cause not knowing, you know, are they OK or what?" said Ziegler while shaking her head.

South Haven Police Sgt. Natalie Thompson told 24 Hour News 8 on Tuesday that Guajardo is supposed to take medicine daily and they weren't sure if she had it with her. Ziegler told 24 Hour News 8 the medicine has to do with a past addiction problem. She said her daughter has been "clean" for three to four months.

Sgt. Thompson said the police department was particularly concerned since Guajardo is pregnant and had a small child with her. Guajardo did not have a vehicle or a cell phone.

Sgt. Thompson said they have no reason to believe there has been any foul play.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:20 pm

She said her daughter has been "clean" for three to four months. Ziegler said Guajardo is eight and a half months pregnant with a boy and due March 12.
So she used drugs for the first few months of this pregnancy? I sure hope they test the baby for drugs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 pm

agreed

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 pm

lindamarie wrote:
She said her daughter has been "clean" for three to four months. Ziegler said Guajardo is eight and a half months pregnant with a boy and due March 12.
So she used drugs for the first few months of this pregnancy? I sure hope they test the baby for drugs.
My first thoughts too when I read that!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 pm

She was probably addicted to heroin and on methadone. You cannot go cold turkey off methadone while pregnant.

Raine, thanks for keeping up on this thread!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 am

No problem, I've never paid much attention to the individual cases on the thread and when I found them today I became obsessed!
Re: drugs, you can be weaned off methadone when pregnant right? It makes no sense if one could not - same goes w/ heroin.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:05 am

From what I am told, yes..but it's a very slow wean.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down