Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year!

2 posters

Go down

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year! Empty School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year! Empty Re: School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 am

The last fb page is in huge support of Karen. Very interesting read.

No way would I have held my composure as she did. Karen is a lady all the way. Would bet the parents of these kids have parents Karen's age. How would they feel if their mother was being bullied?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year! Empty Graphic and Disgusting. This poor woman!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 am

Any parent of these horrible kids should be ashamed. I hope they all get prison time.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year! Empty Some of the kids are now apologizing.

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:12 am

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year! Empty Re: School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year!

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am

Online video of bullied bus monitor in NY raises over $500,000
Global News : Friday, June 22, 2012 12:00 PM

TORONTO – The community website Reddit has once again shown the altruistic nature of strangers by raising more than $500,000 for a 68-year old New York state bus monitor who was verbally assaulted by children on video.

The video, shot on a cell phone, shows Karen Klein sitting alone on a school bus, being verbally assaulted by children who repeatedly call her fat, sweaty, and ugly.

They hurl insults at the elderly woman for the length of the video – approximately 10 minutes. The video went viral, and as of Thursday afternoon, had been viewed more than 1.6 million times.

“I saw the video online and I almost felt heartbroken to see someone getting abused like that,” Max Sidorov from Toronto said. “I had to do something about it.”

Sidorov created a fundraising effort on the website Indiegogo.com after seeing the video with a goal of raising $5,000 to give to Karen to use for a vacation.

The campaign for Karen began on June 20, and in just over 24 hours had raised over $320,000.

“I think she’s going to retire.” Sidorov said. “They’re overwhelmed with the reaction [they’re] getting.”

Klein appeared on NBC's "Today" show Thursday and said that it took "a lot of willpower" to keep relatively calm.

"I'm not usually that calm. Just ask my kids," Klein said during the interview. "I'm sure they don't act that way at home, but you never know what they're going to do when they're out of the house."

The outpouring of support from the strangers on the internet has overwhelmed the elderly woman.

"I'm so amazed," she said.

"I've got these nice letters, emails, Facebook messages," Klein said. "It's like, wow, there's a whole world out there that I didn't know. It's really awesome."

Sidorov has been in contact with Karen’s family and has been given the bank account info that Karen will use.

This is not the first time that people on Reddit have come together altruistically for complete strangers.

“This is one of many things that have happened through Reddit,” Sidorov said. “People coming together to help someone else, it’s awesome, just awesome.”

Earlier in June, a 23-year old Vancouverite with cancer started a discussion on Reddit asking community members to ask him anything. Touched by his candidness and heartbreaking story, the community rallied and raised over $30,000 for the man in just 24 hours.

Read it on Global News: Online video of bullied bus monitor in NY raises over $500,000

must see video at above link.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:57 pm

A bullied upstate New York bus monitor who got national attention after a video of boys lobbing insults at her went viral said she doesn't accept the boys' apologies, according to media reports.

"I think they can do better," Klein told TMZ.

The 68-year-old grandmother got national attention after a video of middle school boys in Greece, N.Y. was uploaded to Youtube. By Friday afternoon, the campaign had sailed above its $5,000 goal — to over $600,000.

In a twist of events, police said the bullies are now being targeted. One boy received more than 1,000 threatening text messages in one night. Someone even called in saying they took one of the families hostage.

"We had to respond to that as it is almost a barricaded gunman," a police spokesperson told ABC News. "Then we had to set up perimeters and get the house surrounded. And then we had to try to make contact with the people, and they are inside their house and they were fine."

Robert Helms, the father of a 13-year-old boy who was caught on video tormenting Klein, said his family has received death threats.

"You've got to remember. He's a thirteen-year-old kid. It was a stupid mistake and he's paying for it," Helms said.

In the days since the video incited outrage and sympathy in equal measure, two of the four boys in the video have come forward to apologize. In statements released through the Greece Police Department — in which their full names are redacted for their protection— the boys, named Wesley and Josh, expressed shame at their actions.

"I am so sorry for the way I treated you," Josh wrote. "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

In its first 24 hours the fundraising campaign — on Indiegogo.com, a website that helps advocates raise money for various causes —raised $125,000. From there, the total jumped approximately $15,000, Klein's annual salary as a bus monitor, every three hours. By Friday afternoon, the campaign had sailed above its $5,000 goal — to nearly $550,000.

More than 7,500 signatures have accumulated on a Change.org petition urging President Obama to allow Klein to receive the donations tax-free — even though the money is not taxable.

In the video, the boys relentlessly hurl insults at Klein, especially about her physical appearance. At one point, a boy says that if he stabbed Klein in the stomach, "my knife would go through you like butter because it's all [expletive] lard."

After they repeatedly poked Klein and threatened to "break into her house" and unleash a pit bull on her, one of the boys uploaded the video to YouTube.

During most of the video, Klein is seen attempting to tune the taunts out. But at one point, the grandmother of eight is seen wiping tears from her eyes.

"Are you sweating? Karen, Karen! Are you sweating?" one student asked.

"I'm crying," she replied.

The fundraising campaign will remain open for 27 more days.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended

Bullied Bus Monitor Meets Man Who Raised $600,000

By NILS KONGSHAUG
June 29, 2012

The four middle school students who were videotaped tormenting their adult school bus monitor learned today what their punishment will be.

The Greece, N.Y. Central School District said in a statement that all four boys will be suspended from school for one year. They are also barred from "school and regular bus transportation."

The video showed the teens lobbing vicious insults and threats at 68-year-old Karen Klein, at one point bringing her to tears. The video went viral, viewed more than two million times. The outrage and the response was were just as great.

An online appeal for funds for Klein pulled in more than ten times the targeted amount. The Canadian man who started the appeal said he was hoping to raise $5,000. The fund quickly rose to more than $650,000.

Klein has also been offered a trip to Disney World by ABC's parent company, Disney. Southwest Airlines has offered to pay for the flight.

The families of all four boys waived their right to a hearing and agreed to the one-year suspensions. During that year, the boys will be educated at the district's Reengagement Center, described as an "alternative education program [that] keeps middle school students on track academically while providing a structured opportunity for students to take responsibility for their actions."

Each of the seventh graders will be required to complete 50 hours of community service with senior citizens and will be enrolled in a bullying-prevention program.

The school district statement says all the boys, "admitted to wrongdoing [and] accepted the recommended consequences."

In the days after the video went viral, two of the boys, identified only by their first names, came forward to apologize.

Josh wrote, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you," Josh wrote. "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean."

Holy cow! Is it just me or is that guy smokin' hot? duct and run
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year! Empty Bullied bus monitor receives $700k check

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:20 pm

September 11, 2012 3:24 PM

(CBS/AP) TORONTO - A New York bus monitor who was relentlessly bullied by four middle school students has received more than $700,000 raised by a Canadian man.

Karen Klein, 68, received the check at a ceremony Tuesday in Toronto.

A spokeswoman for the fundraising site Indiegogo said more than 30,000 people from 84 countries contributed to the fund, which was set up in June. Their sympathies were stirred by a cellphone video of the taunting uploaded to YouTube by a student on the bus. The amount far exceeded the expectations of Max Sidorov, who started the drive with the goal of raising $5,000 to send Klein on vacation.

Two days after Sidorov launched the online fundraiser, donations had already skyrocketed over $500,000. The bus monitor from Greece, N.Y., who made a $15,506 salary from her job at Athena Middle School, said she never saw so much money in her life. She has since retired.

Klein told "CBS This Morning" back in June that she plans on spending a lot of the money on her children. Brian, one of Klein's three grown kids, told CBS News they plan on hiring a financial adviser.

The video shows Klein trying to ignore a stream of profanity, insults and threats from the seventh-grade boys. At one point a student said to Klein, "you don't have a family because they all killed themselves because they don't want to be near you." Klein's oldest son killed himself 10 year ago.

The four students apologized shortly after the video went viral have been suspended for a year from both their middle school and from using regular bus transportation. They are currently enrolled in a special alternative education program and required to complete 50 hours of community service with senior citizens. Klein told The Associated Press she was "fine" with the punishment.

Sidorov, a nutritionist, did not personally know the Kleins when he started the Indiegogo charity. The two met in late June when she invited him to her Greece home.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

School bus monitor bullied to tears: Kids can be 'really nasty' Video shows Karen Huff Klein, 68, enduring insults and threats from middle-school kids/Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Suspended for one year! Empty Bullied bus monitor launches kindess foundation

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 am

Bus monitor Karen Klein was tormented by teenaged bullies and became a figure of national sympathy. A year later, she's turning the goodwill outward.

Karen Klein. (WROC)
Published: June 24, 2013 at 4:59 PMBy GABRIELLE LEVY, UPI.com | Blog

A year after Karen Klein became famous as the target of four bullying seventh-graders, the 69-year-old bus monitor has turned the kindness of a sympathetic public into the start of a movement.

In the days after a 10-minute cellphone video showing the students tormenting Klein went viral, donations to the tune of $700,000 poured in from all over the world.

The idea behind the fundraiser was to give Klein a vacation, but she's trying to turn the money into something bigger than herself.

"I would like to say to please watch out for the bullies," Klein said. "If anybody sees somebody getting bullied, help them out. Don't be afraid."

Klein founded the Karen Klein Anti-Bullying Foundation
seeding it with $100,000 to promote kindness and spread an anti-bullying message.

The foundation launched a music tour, with help from the likes of Miss Teen USA 2012 Logan West, but Klein is also trying restore some normality to her life.

"I would really like to buy an RV and travel," she said. "That is what I would really like to do. What I really will do, I don't know."

Although Klein decided not to press charges against the teens, the incident remains painful.

"Have I forgiven them?" she mused. "I don't know. I really don't know."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down