2-28-13 ~ 03/10/12 - Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #3

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Normal blogtalkradio/ Listen to the recording...if you can stomach it!

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Jodi Arias: did state prove murder one? Vladimir Gagic Fri, March 8, 2013

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Listen to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Blog Talk Radio

I listened to this show. What a waste as the host, Gagic, knew nothing about what went on in the courtroom yesterday. He was asking the callers for details and they knew very little....just bits of what they heard on CNN HLN. Don't waste your time is my advice.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 2-28-13 ~ 03/10/12 - Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #3

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 pm

BJ, I embedded it just in case anyone wants to listen.

I have a question and it's bugged me from the get go. WHY did or DID Travis agree to Jodi driving from Yreka to Mesa to see him? I know he allegedly "waited up for her" as she allegedly got there at around 4am but what were the sequence of events? They were broken up, correct? How long had it been since they had seen each other prior to June 4, 2008? I just don't understand what her reasoning was w/him for this trip. Hope that makes sense. I KNOW he wanted sex but did she call him and say "Hi, I know we are no longer a couple and you are going to Cancun w/Mimi in 5 days but I want to see you so I will drive 1,000 miles?" Color me confused.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal This is What Song I think of When I imagine her driving to see him..One Last Time

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 2-28-13 ~ 03/10/12 - Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #3

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Wrapitup wrote:BJ, I embedded it just in case anyone wants to listen.

I have a question and it's bugged me from the get go. WHY did or DID Travis agree to Jodi driving from Yreka to Mesa to see him? I know he allegedly "waited up for her" as she allegedly got there at around 4am but what were the sequence of events? They were broken up, correct? How long had it been since they had seen each other prior to June 4, 2008? I just don't understand what her reasoning was w/him for this trip. Hope that makes sense. I KNOW he wanted sex but did she call him and say "Hi, I know we are no longer a couple and you are going to Cancun w/Mimi in 5 days but I want to see you so I will drive 1,000 miles?" Color me confused.
They saw each other in April of 2008. I'm not convinced that he knew she was coming to Mesa. Maybe she went into the house through the doggie door. I don't think anyone but Jodi will ever know the truth about what went on in Travis' house that night. Even if she gets the DP I doubt that she'll ever tell the whole truth. She's going to take the truth to her grave.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Photos, email, texts.......if you just want to browse......some have been posted on the thread, but some might be new to you.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm

I wonder if LE has any text messages or records of cell calls incoming or outgoing on that day or days.

Thanks cause this has been driving me nuts!

IF he had no clue she was coming to see him (and there is proof he was on his computer at 4am w/those nutty You Tube videos) I wish to God he had sent her ass packing.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 pm

She says "process" a lot..like she is processing her thoughts. It's almost robotic.

He caught her in something and threatened her with his wrath. His word. Maybe that is why she went there???

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Jodi called Travis several times on the 2nd and 3rd (read that somewhere) but there was no mention of her calling him on the 4th. If he knew she was coming to Mesa wouldn't you think that she would have called him to let him know that was on her way and checked in with him during the trip? I think her arrival was a big surprise to Travis.

ALSO, if the murder was premeditated and she going to Mesa to murder him she wouldn't have told him she was coming......what if he told a friend he was expecting her. It's obvious that she didn't want anyone to know that she was ever in Mesa.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Martinez should ask Jodi for the name of ONE person she had told about her trip to Mesa. JUST ONE PERSON!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 pm

I agree..just bugs me so badly that he opened the door to her. Or, maybe she crawled through the doggie door?? That still blows my mind. MOST people would have kicked her out. He unfortunately thought w/the wrong head and it killed him. I bet his family is super shocked about their sex life.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 pm

BJ wrote:Martinez should ask Jodi for the name of ONE person she had told about her trip to Mesa. JUST ONE PERSON!
Yes, I agree. I wish he would focus on that more. Or, maybe he has..sometimes I miss parts of the trial and don't go back and listen to it.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Travis Alexander Killed In ‘Mormon Blood Atonement Plot,’ Claims Jodi Arias Friend

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 @ 14:06PM | By Debbie Emery, Radar Reporter

Murder suspect Jodi Arias has already changed her story twice when it comes to how Travis Alexander died on June 4, 2008, and now her close friend is claiming the brutal killing was a Mormon “blood atonement plot.”

“Jodi never actually killed Travis – the Mormons actually killed Travis!” Bryan Carr, who regularly visits the murder defendant in Estrella Jail, in Phoenix, Arizona, tells RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

“In the Mormon faith, they have a thing called a blood atonement that the bishop will practice on people high in the church like Travis was if sex sins or adultery were committed,” he explained.

“They believe that it washes away your sins and use a scapegoat — in this case, Jodi – to protect the religion,” says Carr, who is not a member of the LDS church.

“The reason her stories are so shaky on the stand and the reason why she has this lying problem is that because she is making up the story as she goes along,” claims her pal, before dropping another bombshell accusation.

“If Jodi went on the stand and said that it wasn’t her and that the Mormons did this, then they will go after her and her family – their lives are on the line so she is covering up her story.”

Carr claims that in the traditional killing ritual the leaders “slice your throat from ear to ear – just like Travis – they shoot you in the head, and stab you in the heart and in the back. There are too many similarities to his death,” he claimed.

While his story sounds farfetched, there is evidence that Brigham Young, the second prophet of the Mormon Church, publicly preached a doctrine called ‘blood atonement.’

“There are sins that men commit for which they cannot receive forgiveness in this world, or in that which is to come,” he preached in an 1856 sermon. “This is loving our neighbor as ourselves; if he needs help, help him; if he wants salvation and it is necessary to spill his blood on the earth in order that he may be saved, spill it….”

However, there is no forensic evidence or any other witness accounts to suggest that Travis was killed in such a ritual and not at the hands of Arias, as she has claimed she did in self defense after he allegedly attacked her.

check out the comments.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Flores Investigation Report

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Juantage II: Prosecution Opening Statement (End)

Post by Nama on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 am

BJ, Thanks for posting the investigation report. I posted it way in the beginning in PDF form, not embedded like you did. The ONLY thing about this report that bothers me is it says there was a strong odor of decomp when entering the home. How could the roommates not notice that?

And, WHY would this be posted on the "Innocent" site? It shows her Guilt?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:30 am

That's a question that has been in my head for quite a while. I would think anyone entering that house would smell something and w/ each day that went by the odor would be worse. I don't understand why none of the roommates noticed it.
My take on why it's posted on the innocent site is if you notice where it's highlighted in yellow, that's where someone believed it's something that helps JA's case as her being innocent. I may be entirely wrong but if you go back and look at it I think you'll see what I mean.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:45 am

I was under the impression that either LE or the State highlighted those things and also used the *. I could be wrong though but I've seen other investigative reports highlighted and * the same way.

Yes, that smell of decomp has Always bugged me.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:06 am

I don't even remember hearing about this, but I wasn't following the case very closely at the beginning.

Nancy Grace
Aired January 22, 2013

Bombshell tonight. Just revealed, Arias busted, set to run, go on the lam just before cops slap on the cuffs. We learn Arias`s grandparents` house under secret police surveillance, cops watching Arias pack and load boxes to flee. Packed, two knives and a secret .9-millimeter gun, hidden so well only found when her rental car was finally serviced.

JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION" (via telephone): Nancy, we`re learning some absolutely amazing things from a police incident report that we have just gotten hold of. On July 14th, when Mesa police detectives went to Yreka to arrest Jodi Arias, they found her at her grandparents` house.

They visually surveilled her from outside, and they could see inside that she was packing boxes and packing suitcases. They believed she was going to flee. They stayed there watching her. In time (ph) of that night, of July 14th, a car pulled up. She came outside to talk to a female person in the driver`s seat. They believe that was her mother. It was a lengthy conversation. It ended with Jodi going back into her grandparents` house, her mother driving off.

The next day, they found a brand-new shiny rental car outside of the grandparents` house. They subsequently arrested Jodi, executed a search warrant, and found in that rental car boxes of books of Jodi Arias`s. Intermingled amongst the books were two knives. In her suitcase was a box of .9-millimeter bullets, no gun.

Less than a month later, her mother was inquiring where the gun was that Jodi had hidden in the rental car. They traced the rental car at that point to San Francisco, California, and they found hidden in that car a .9- millimeter gun.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 am

Yes, I remember that. Had forgotten about it. Wonder if it w/be addressed by Martinez. Gee, I thought she was going to kill herself! Sarcasm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:56 pm

2-28-13 ~ 03/10/12 - Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #3 - Page 20 W670l

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:03 pm

cryingagain

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias Confident There Will Be A Mistrial, Says Friend

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Thu, March 7, 2013 12:14pm EST by Andrew Gruttadaro

The 29-year-old facing death row for killing her boyfriend (excuse me, she is 32!) is now feeling very confident that she will walk, according to a close friend. Is Jodi being irrational, or is a mistrial an actual possibility?

The last time we checked in on Jodi Arias’ court case, her self-defense story was being turned inside out and she was left bawling on the stand. So why is she now feeling pretty good about her chances?

Jodi Arias: She’s ‘Feeling Pretty Confident’
Bryan Carr, a close friend of Jodi’s who has been visiting her in prison frequently, tells Radar Online that Jodi “is feeling pretty confident that there is going to be a mistrial, and that it is going to look bad for the prosecution.”

So we can be clear, a mistrial occurs when the judge terminates the case prematurely because of some misconduct by one of the participants, the judge determining that his court isn’t legally appropriate to deliver a verdict, or a jury cannot come to a unanimous decision.

Since so far there have been no signs of misconduct, and the time for the judge to declare his courtroom inappropriate is passed, Bryan must be predicting that the jury is going to be hung, unable to unanimously decide if Jodi is guilty or innocent.

Jodi Arias Will Only Be Convicted Of Manslaughter?
And even if a mistrial doesn’t happen, Bryan is confident that Jodi will not be convicted for premeditated murder and will only be convicted for manslaughter, which doesn’t worry him and Jodi at all: “Even if there’s no mistrial, in the state of Arizona, the average sentence for manslaughter for a female is six years, and she has already served over four years in jail so she thinks she could even get “time served” and then five years parole.”

Jodi Arias’ Post-Trial ‘Plans’
That’s some confidence, especially for a woman who was caught shooting her boyfriend in the face, stabbing him 27 times, and slitting his throat.

If all goes as Jodi plans, Bryan says that she will be moving to Rhode Island to stay with a friend.

Bryan, who has been visiting Jodi for over a year, insists that his relationship with the accused murderer is totally platonic: “I am not in love with her. I just look at her as a friend and me being a friend supporting her.”

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Travis Tribute

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:22 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 pm

This is sickening, a post from Matt McCartney on that jodi is innocent site from back in Jan. (Not sure if this has been posted before, it was just mentioned on the Justice for Travis site.)

MM says:
January 3, 2013 at 7:11 am
Take a look at her permanently deformed hand, where he broke her finger in one of his many angry outbursts.

Q. Why wasn’t it set?
A. She didn’t go to the hospital that’s why. She was protecting him.

Q. Why didn’t she go to the hospital???
A. Because a report would be made that could lead back to him and he knew it.
Jodi is an artist. Her hands are a critical element in her life. Not only is she a photographer, she is also a painter.

I personally witnessed the purple finger shaped bruises on her neck. She originally claimed was from a seat belt. Later, after much debate, she admitted they were from him. She assured me that: “He is a good man” and “He didn’t mean it”.

In one of our many conversations, I asked her why she wouldn’t “Just leave him.”
She said: “I can’t leave him, you don’t understand, I’ve tried. He wont let me!” She refused to elaborate.

I was Jodi’s boyfriend for around two years and in that time, she wouldn’t so much as squish a bug. I caught her on many occasions, fishing bugs out of the tub, so they wouldn’t get washed down the drain. She had this crazy neurotic cat, that would flip out and attack her for no reason and she didn’t so much as swat it. Jodi is NOT a violent person!

When we ended our relationship, I was living and working at a distance. During that period, I began spending time with a colleague. One of my douche bag coworkers decided to “inform” her. There was lots of crying, many talks and a few letters. She was NEVER VIOLENT in any way. We remained friends and since then, she had a few other relationships ending with Travis. I personally know the man she was with before Travis. He and Jodi maintained a friendly relationship after they parted. He also had NO issues with violence. So why now? What changed?

Before Jodi was arrested we would talk on a regular basis. I am one of her longest lasting friends and former lovers. I could be a important character witness. At one point, I asked Jodi to leave me out of this situation, so as not draw attention to myself or my new family and since then, she has.

Her life is on the line. She could get the death penalty. Yet she’s made it a point not to involve me.
Why? Because I asked her not to….

That is the kind of person Jodi is!

There's more below that comment at the link, some guy asked him why he wouldn't go be a character witness for Jodi and he says his wife and family are more important to him now, and when the detective asked him if he'd lie for Jodi he said yes, so they probably won't call him. I'm amazed the defense team never called him, as sympathetic as he is to her. He is on the witness list, not sure if Martinez will ever call him though, or is just trying to make JA worry by bringing him up so often.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm

IIRC, didn't he already testify and there is a good possibility he will have to again due to the coded messages in that magazine?

I get all the names of ALL the boyfriends confused.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 pm

OK. He Has NOT testified..yet. I just found this:
Submitted 1 day ago...

Will Matt McCartney be testifying during the Jodi Arias trial?

Jodi Arias has mentioned her ex-boyfriend repeatedly stating that she had confided in him about Travis Alexander's alleged pedophilia and physical abuse that supposedly left bruises on Arias's neck. She also stated that McCartney would never betray her.

Purportedly McCartney was the intended recipient of the secret message that Arias had written in two magazines that were confiscated by prison authorities. The message implied that Arias wanted McCartney to alter his pre-trial statement to corroborate her story.

Prosecutor Martinez has mentioned Arias's "friend and constant supporter" during the cross examination, describing McCartney as a potential ally of Arias, (insinuating that Arias had the expectation that McCartney would be willing to lie for her.)

Notably, at times Martinez seemed to be taunting Arias in regard to assertions about McCartney and in her confidence that Matt would "never betray her".

(Side Note: Should McCartney foolishly opt to lie for Arias he will undoubtedly incur the wrath of prosecutor Juan Martinez and that of the overwhelming majority of the general public. )

Will McCartney be called as a witness? If so, will he substantiate or refute Arias's claims?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:57 am

I like how Martinez keeps asking her if she's sure Matt wouldn't betray her. If nothing else it should give her a few sleepless nights.

Wrap, the bfs who did testify were Darryl, the old guy she lived with for 4 years, and Ryan Burns, the guy she went and "ground" on after killing Travis.

Matt already lied evidently in an earlier hearing of Jodi's about Travis being a pedophile. And he forged those letters that she said were from Travis that JA's mom wanted the Enquirer to print. So he may testify for the state just so he doesn't have to spend time in jail for those previous lies.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:59 am

Love how you said "the guy she went a "ground". LOL. I think the term was "grinding" IIRC. LMAO!!

Yes, I agree..he sure doesn't want to be up on perjury charges.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:01 am

Is She Heading For Lethal Injection? What Lies Ahead If Jodi Arias Gets The Death Penalty

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 @ 7:05AM | By Debbie Emery

The bombshell murder trial for Jodi Arias is finally heading towards a dramatic conclusion following two months of explosive testimony, and with her life literally on the line, tensions could not be higher for the defendant.

If the jury unanimously decides that the 32-year-old is guilty of the first-degree murder of Travis Alexander, they could then make her the fourth woman on death row in Arizona, and RadarOnline.com is taking a look at what the future could hold for her.

Following a potential murder one verdict, the next step is called the ‘aggravation phase’ where the prosecution has the chance to present additional evidence that the death was caused in a cruel manner, according to HLNTV.com. Arizona law defines that as when the victim suffers physical pain or mental anguish and the defendant knew or should have known that the victim would suffer.

Once a decision of cruelty is made, then the jury deliberates for a third time over life or death – if that is unanimous in favor of execution, Jodi will then be immediately sent to death row, most likely in the Lumley Unit at the Arizona State Prison Complex – Perryville in Goodyear, Arizona.

Even after execution is green-lit, convicted prisoners typically go through a lengthy appeals process that can take years – and sometimes even decades – with stays sometimes being made within hours of the defendant’s scheduled death.

Dead men and women walking were once able to choose their mode of execution in Arizona, but now the state has adopted a single-drug method involving a lethal dose of an anesthetic, and full viewing of the grisly process is open to the victim’s family and news media.

Arizona is currently the second busiest state (after Texas) in America when it comes to executions, with six convicts being sent to their deaths in 2012 – all of them male.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jose Baez on Jodi Arias

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:07 am

BS I do not think so kick

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:04 am

If Matt cares so much for his wife and children, he won't lie for Jodi and risk being sent to prison! I can see the District Attorney's Office making him a deal to keep him from suffering the consequences of forging those stupid letters.
There's a reason why Martinez keeps dropping Matt's name in court. There's a reason why she was trying to sneak that message out to him. She claims Matt gives credence to her stories that Travis abused her. I bet that accusation was formulated after she killed him and not before.

Matt cannot compare his relationship with Jodi to what was going on with she and Travis. Matt was never marriage material for Jodi. She wanted a man with money and the lifestyle she saw that Travis could provide for her. She put much more into securing a future with him than she did Matt. Wonder what the date is on his last post on her innocent site? Also wonder what his wife thinks about him being such an avid supporter of the murderess?

About that 9mm gun. Jodi hid that gun in the rental car she was fixing to skip town in. She was arrested before she could leave or retrieve the weapon from the car.

2-28-13 ~ 03/10/12 - Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #3 - Page 20 Spider10

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:13 am

Agree with all you said, Nite.

Re: Blood Atonement, check this out:

Check out the comments!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias' hometown of Yreka mostly silent as her Arizona murder trial continues

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 pm

By Sean Longoria
Posted March 9, 2013 at 10:38 p.m.

Jodi Arias dropped out of Yreka High School after the 11th grade and later got her GED while awaiting trial on charges that she murdered her boyfriend, Travis Alexander.

During her 16th day on the stand Wednesday, 32-year-old Jodi Ann Arias calmly answered more than 100 questions submitted by the jurors in her murder trial.

Arias, formerly of Yreka, is accused of the June 2008 savage murder of her boyfriend, 30-year-old Travis Alexander, of Mesa, Ariz. Police and prosecutors have said Arias shot Alexander in the head, stabbed him nearly 30 times and cut his throat from ear to ear. Friends found Alexander’s body in his shower days later.

Arias was arrested in September 2008, and her trial began Jan. 2 after years of legal posturing on both sides.

Proceedings have focused mostly on the sordid details of the sex life Arias and Alexander shared and the conflict between the woman’s initial claim of a home invasion and her eventual admission that she killed her one-time boyfriend in what she now says was self-defense.

The death penalty case has grabbed national headlines in what many media outlets have dubbed one of the most talked-about cases since Casey Anthony was acquitted of murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter in Florida.

Few details have come to light about Arias and her life before meeting Alexander. Much of her family still lives in Yreka, although they’ve been publicly silent on Arias and what impact the trial is having on the community.

In stark contrast to the national attention paid to the case, the rest of Yreka is seemingly following the family’s lead — few, if any, are discussing the case in public.

Silent city
Originally a gold rush boomtown, Yreka sits at the northern edge of the Shasta Valley, tucked into an idyllic scene of sprawling farm and ranch lands northwest of Mt. Shasta that many would describe as serene.

It’s a town that’s either aging or growing younger, depending on which way you drive.

Yreka’s southern edge seems new, ripe with shopping centers, hotels and drive-thru fast-food restaurants. The College of the Siskiyous maintains a campus nearby as retailers hope to pull in traffic from Interstate 5.

Driving north, the town shows its age with old shops adorning Main Street.

Downtown shoots west on Miner Street near the city’s northern edge. Lining about four blocks are shops as old as some can remember — stationery, hardware, antique stores, restaurants and more sit on the same street as local police and fire stations.

More than a dozen business owners, employees and Yreka citizens declined to talk about the case. Many said they knew nothing about the trial or Arias family; others said they didn’t want to speak publicly about it, and a few simply said nothing.

At the Yreka Chamber of Commerce, administrative assistant Susan Dickison offered a theory on the silence in the community: the murder didn’t happen locally, or even in California, so exposure has been limited to media coverage.

“I’m sure everybody knows about it. I have no doubt about that,” Dickison said.

Her office sits just across Main Street from Daddy O’s Diner, a restaurant opened last year by William and Sandy Arias, Jodi’s parents.

At Yreka High School, where Arias attended before dropping out after her junior year, faculty and staff are likewise tight-lipped.

“Our teachers are instructed not to comment” said Shasta Odbert, administrative assistant for the Yreka Union High School District.

The silence leaves many of the details of Arias’ life shrouded in mystery beyond what has been released during her trial.

Who is Jodi Arias?
The petite, soft-spoken woman with delicate features at the center of trial, Arias seems ill-suited to carry out the brutal murder of which she’s accused.

Arias has attempted to explain the killing as an act of self-defense while prosecutors have said the murder was the coldblooded act of a jilted former lover.

Either way, the case tells the story of a relationship turned sour, then deadly.

Arias was born in Salinas, and her family later settled in Yreka. She lived in Palm Desert in Riverside County when she met Alexander in September 2006 at a conference in Las Vegas, the Huffington Post reported. They forged an instant connection and exchanged thousands of emails and phone calls.

Arias converted to Mormonism for Alexander just two months later, and the couple dated on and off for the next year, maintaining a mostly physical relationship.

Arias had blonde hair during much of the relationship, although in the more than four years since her arrest, her hair has darkened and she’s taken to wearing glasses with rounded frames.

At one point she lived with her grandparents in a three-bedroom house that sits on a street lined with “No Parking” signs that dead-ends into a driveway. The home was the site of her 2008 arrest by Mesa, Ariz., police and Siskiyou County sheriff’s deputies.

The white house with blue trim is still home to Sonny and Caroline Allen, who declined to speak about the case or their granddaughter.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Caroline Allen politely said last week before closing her door.

The family as a whole has so far rebuffed attempts from reporters seeking comment on the case or more information on Arias herself.

Other members of Arias’ family live south of the center of town in another white, single-story house on Oregon Street. The front door faces north, away from the street, and a small chain-link fence separates the sidewalk from the front yard. A red-and-white classic Cadillac sits just off a paved driveway in gravel.

The family restaurant opened last year. Attempts to reach family members there also were unsuccessful.

Arias herself hasn’t shied away from publicity since her arrest.

“God knows I’m innocent,” she told the Arizona Republic after her 2008 arrest.

She was interviewed by “Inside Edition” the same month, admitting for the first time that she was present during Alexander’s killing.

“No jury is going to convict me ... because I’m innocent, and you can mark my words on that one — no jury will convict me,” Arias told “Inside Edition.”

She also was interviewed by “48 Hours” in 2009 and a year later won an “American Idol”-style Christmas carol contest for pretrial inmates at Maricopa County jail held by Sheriff Joe Arpaio, CBS News reported.

Arias would go on to seek to defend herself during the trial. Judge Sherry Stephens granted the request, which was later rescinded by an overwhelmed Arias.

The trial
Arizona prosecutors quickly sought the death penalty. An October 2008 notice of intent filed in Maricopa County Court accused Arias of committing the first-degree murder “in an especially cruel, heinous or depraved manner,” the Huffington Post reported.

She rented a white sedan at Budget Rent-a-Car in Redding in early June 2008, saying she planned to use the car only locally, the franchise owner testified during the trial.

The car actually was used for a five-day road trip to Mesa, Ariz., where she killed Alexander in his home, prosecutors said.

Arias initially said Alexander was killed by intruders who broke into his home. She later admitted she killed him and testified the killing was an act of self-defense.

Throughout nearly two weeks on the witness stand, Arias has made numerous assertions that Alexander owned a gun, physically abused her and had illicit desires for children, none of which has been corroborated by testimony or witnesses, The Associated Press reported.

Prosecutors concluded cross-examination of Arias this month, after hammering her repeatedly over her lies and efforts to create an alibi immediately after she killed Alexander.

She acknowledged she dumped the gun in the desert, got rid of her bloody clothes, tried to clean the scene at Alexander’s home, and even left the victim a voice mail on his mobile phone within hours of killing him and dragging his body into the shower. She said she was too scared and ashamed to tell the truth.

Arias’ grandparents had reported a .25-caliber handgun stolen from their Yreka home about a week before the killing — the same caliber used to shoot Alexander — but Arias says she never knew her grandfather had the weapon. Authorities believe she brought it with her, although she has testified she shot Alexander with his gun as he chased her into his closet after body-slamming her and threatening to kill her.

She also fielded more than 100 questions from the jury, read by Stephens. Arias responded with calm, concise answers, the AP reported. Arizona is one of just a few states where jurors are allowed to ask questions of witnesses during a criminal trial.

The questions from jurors provided a glimpse into the panel’s thoughts after hearing Arias testify about practically every detail of her life, from a self-described abusive childhood in California to her stormy romance with Alexander and her conversion to the Mormon faith.

They asked her about past relationships with other men, how it could have been so easy for her to get a gun from the victim’s closet as they fought and he chased her in a fury on the day of the killing. Jurors also wanted to know why she tried to clean the bloody scene at Alexander’s suburban Phoenix home.

Her trial is expected to last through mid-April. shocked3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Her trial is expected to last through mid-April. shocked3
Lord help us!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 pm

ALERT: Jodi's new boyfriend, Bryan C. Carr, is a convicted felon in his home state of Ohio.

Licking County Common Pleas Court - Thursday, November 18, 2004 - BOND HEARINGS

Bryan C. Carr, 21, 160 Village Gate Blvd., Apt. 106, Pataskala, was indicted on one count of burglary, a third-degree felony. Authorities allege Carr trespassed in the Village Gate apartment of a woman with the purpose of committing a theft on Oct. 26.

Case No. 2004-CR-00539
Case Type: CRIMINAL
Case Judge: MARCELAIN, THOMAS M
Case Status: CLOSED
File Date: 11/05/2004

CARR, BRYAN C -DEFENDANT

Public Defender/Bar Code/Phone Number - GUSSLER, STEPHANIE (59803) (740)349-7414

Original Charge: 2911.12 BURGLARY-2911.12 (Felony 3rd Degree)

Disposition Date (Sentenced): 01/12/2005

Docket:

11/05/2004 - INDICTMENT FILED FOR BURGLARY, A THIRD DEGREE FELONY.

11/05/2004 - WARRANT & INDICTMENT ISSUED TO LICKING CO. SHERIFF BOND HEARING: NOV. 8, 2004 AT 8:30 A.M. 11/08/2004 - JUDGMENT ENTRY; DEFENDANT APPEARED W/O COUNSEL FOR HIS INITIAL APPEARANCE;

ARRAIGNMENT IS CONTINUED TO 11/16/04 AT 8:30 A.M. BOND IS SET AT $5,000 C/S. DEFENDANT SHALL HAVE NO CONTACT W/ THE VICTIM OR ROGER DOLES.

11/10/2004 - AFFIDAVIT OF INDIGENCY FILED

11/10/2004 - COURT APPOINTS STEPHANIE GUSSLER AS COUNSEL FOR THE DEFENDANT.

01/12/2005 - ENTRY OF GUILTY PLEA FILED. JUDGMENT ENTRY; DEFENDANT WAIVED HIS RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL & PLED GUILTY TO BURGLARY, A THIRD DEGREE FELONY.

COURT FINDS THE DEFENDANT GUILTY AS CHARGED. COURT IMPOSES 3 YEARS OF COMMUNITY CONTROL. DEFENDANT IS TO PAY SUPERVISION, RESTITUTION, $250 FINE, ATTY. FEES.

01/18/2005 - COURT COSTS NOTICE SENT CARR, BRYAN C was sent notice for $ 710.65.

02/16/2005 - COURT COSTS NOTICE SENT CARR, BRYAN C was sent notice for $ 714.65

4/06/2005 - 2ND COURT COSTS NOTICE SENT CARR, BRYAN C was sent notice for $ 664.65

04/15/2005 - MEMO - BAD ADDRESS - SENT TO COLLECTIONS

01/03/2008 - JUDGMENT ENTRY; COURT TERMINATES THE DEFT'S COMMUNITY CONTROL UNSUCCESSFULLY. COSTS TO THE DEFT.

Bryan C Carr - Pataskala, Ohio (Voting Record)

-------

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum