Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.

+5
NiteSpinR
raine1953
samgoodwin
Nama
Wrapitup
9 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Re: Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

samgoodwin wrote:oh geez, She's gonna be with Jesus. I can totally see stabby ending up like this.
Many say she wasn't coo coo for cocoa puffs..that she was smart and that the govt abused her rights. I think that the majority of serial killers ARE intelligent but in that dark spooky eerie way. However, Hodi is NO Einstein. I do not think so

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Re: Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.

Post by samgoodwin Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:40 pm

I dunno, Wrap, thinking the police have programmed your brain with sound waves, might be a tad nuts. LOL. Charlize really did a great job portraying her in that movie.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:29 pm

I think she was a complete nut job..and scary as Hell!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Anyone have any idea what this will let us see? I'm guessing the session on the 21st was the one with Alyce? Maybe this will include hearings in chambers as long as the jury wasn't involved??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 am

samgoodwin wrote:Anyone have any idea what this will let us see? I'm guessing the session on the 21st was the one with Alyce? Maybe this will include hearings in chambers as long as the jury wasn't involved??

From the Travis Alexander Facebook page: All bench conferences and hearings conducted in chambers shall be unsealed with the exception of ex parte and juror/witness hearings. We'll post them here as they become available.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Jodi's Allocution

Post by Nama Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:55 am

Some months back, while the first phase of this trial was ongoing, my Mom visited me just like she had been doing every week since trial began. She told me that after leaving the courthouse she was idling at a stop light and she happened to look over at the car next to her and Travis' siblings were in that car. My Mom and I were silent for a few moments when she finally voiced exactly what I was thinking. She said "I know they're going through hell." Yet nothing drove that point home for me more than when I heard them speak last week. I never meant to cause them so much pain.

When Stephen said he read on Travis's 3 by 5 card that it said "Call Stephen" and that he never got that call, I know that's because of me. And when Samantha showed us the last picture that she took with Travis I know it's because of me that will always be the last picture that she'll ever take with Travis.

Throughout this trial I've avoided looking at Travis' family for a variety of reasons that I won't go into but I have wondered "Where is his Grandma?" "Is she here?" I didn't learn until last week what happened to her. Samantha said that Travis was the glue to their family. Around Thanksgiving last -- not last year -- in 2007, Travis called me. He was really upset. He said his grandmother was ill and frail and that he didn't know if she was going to make it. He said he didn't know what his family would do if she didn't make it because she was the glue to their family. To know now that both are gone and that I may have also inadvertently induced her passing destroys me.

Every time I've had the thought or desire to commit suicide there is one element that has always, almost always caused me to waver. They're sitting right over there (turns and points to her family in the gallery). They're my family. At times I've lost track of that element. For example, the incident I testified to when I took my razor apart in the Siskiyou County jail I managed to convince myself that they would get over the pain with time and that in the long run I was doing them a favor by unburdening them of my presence in their life. I wrote a bunch of them goodbye letters, addressed specifically to each person, and in the letters I didn't focus so much on explanations but on how much and why I loved each of them. Then I wrote a general explanatory letter to help them understand my decision. At that time I saw it as taking myself off of life support. I didn't know a lot of anything about prison at that time and I didn't think it was fair to expect my family to have to support me for the rest of my life.

I didn't know then that if I got life instead of death I could become employed and self-reliant. I didn't know that if I got life there are many things I can do to effect positive change and contribute in a meaningful way. In prison there are programs I can start and people I can help and programs that I can continue to participate in. I'll share a few examples that I thought of. [takes pieces of paper from table] A few months before the trial, and by that I mean jury selection, my hair was past my waist and I donated it (positions paper on projector to show image on monitor) to Locks of Love, a non-profit which creates wigs for cancer patients who have lost their hair. In fact that was my third donation to that organization since I was arrested. If I'm allowed to live in prison I will continue to donate to that organization for the rest of my life.

[removes image from projector]

Over the years I have spent in incarceration I have received many requests from women to teach them Spanish or American sign language. Because my case was pending I just didn't have the time. In prison I will. If I'm sentenced to life I will live among the general population of women and I'll be able to share my knowledge of those subjects with them, the ones who have a desire to learn also. I may even be able to start classes.

If I get permission, I'd like to implement a recycling program. The women's prison in Goodyear houses thousands of women and each week huge loads of waste are hauled off to landfill. A substantial portion of that could be kept out of landfill and recycled instead. It may even create new jobs for the people there. This is one small thing that could have a far reaching and positive impact on the community and on the planet.

There is a higher rate of illiteracy in prison than in everyday society. I know that reading has enriched my life by expanding my knowledge base and opening my eyes to new worlds and different cultures. I can help other women become literate so that they too can add that dimension to their lives. Along the lines of literacy I'd like to start a book club or a reading group, something that brings people together in a positive and constructive way so that we can share and recommend other good books and stimulate discussions of a higher nature.

Additionally I've designed a t-shirt (shows t-shirt with "Survivor" printed on it). This is the t-shirt, which 100% of the proceeds go to support non-profit organizations which also assist other victims of domestic violence. Some people may not believe that I am a survivor of domestic violence. They're entitled to their opinion. I'm supporting this cause because it is very, very important to me.

These are only a handful of examples. I've never been to prison. I don't know from personal experience what it's like there, but I'm certain that after I arrive I'll likely find many other ways in which I can contribute to the women there.

I'd like to share with you now a few things about me and a few things about my family. [takes remote control begin a presentation of photos]

When I was little my Mom took a lot of pictures of me. I'm the first child. She almost...she, she had her camera everywhere and she would take a lot of pictures of me when I was first born. Selinas is near the coast and it seems that many were overcast days but when it was sunny she would take me out to the backyard and turn on the sprinkler so I could play. That's me attempting to dress myself.

A few years later, um, Carl came along. My little brother. And we became inseparable. When we were little my parents took us everywhere, including Sea World here and Hawaii. But my fondest memories with him are of us sneaking off at home on a lazy Saturday, just making a mess of the living room in our pajamas.

When I was 11 years old and the slide is background I apologize, when I was 11 years old my little sister Angela was born 4 weeks early. [indistinct] possibly came here. I was so excited to have a baby sister. I watched my Mom study(?) growup I watched Angela come into this world and after the doctor swaddled her he turned to me and he said to my Mom "Do you want to hold her first?".

These are various school pictures and on occasion my family and I would get together for family portraits such as these. In ninth grade my family and I moved back to Yreka but I still went back to Santa Maria periodically to visit friends.

This is Patti. She was my best friend for years. She was here last week to testify on my behalf, as you heard Mr. Nurmi tell you in opening statements but she didn't return today because she and her 9 year old daughter were threatened and harassed if she came back to the state.

I'm 21 years old here. After I moved out of my parents house at the age of 17 my relationship with my Dad improved a little. This is my Grandma and her twins. My aunt is on the left and my Mom is on the right.

These are my parents when they were just a little bit younger. This is Bobby and I. It's a little out of order chronologically. We're hanging out in our dirty little rundown house in Montague that I have mentioned previously. At times we lived there without power and phone. The winters were freezing, we could see our breath inside the house.

My parents did not support this relationship and we were young and just trying to figure out life on our own. When this picture, when I see this picture I'm reminded of that quote by Charles Dickens when he says "they were the best of times, they were the worst of times." We're smiling here in this picture taken by [indistinct]. It was a difficult relationship but Bobby will always always be special to me.

I'm 21 here. This is a photo of Matt McCartney and I taken a few months after we broke up, a few months after he moved down to Big Sur where I was working at Vintana. As you know we remained friends and on this day we realized Vintona's company passes to tour the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Darryl and I began seeing each other a little over a year after that. In this photo I'm coming out of a red-headed stage that I went through for a few years. This is one of my favorite pictures of Darryl and me. We were at Chinos a restaurant in Monterey where our friend Tony and his band were playing blues and regae live. He dedicated songs to us and we danced. Darryl was a good dancer.

When we began dating we started a yearly tradition in which we'd go camping every summer at this remote little campground, it's called Kirk Creek. It's south of Big Sur in an area that the locals call south coast.

This is Darryl, Jack and I at Vintana. It's hard to see in this photo but the ocean is in the background. It's on the terrace.

After we bought our house in Palm Desert we sought out some snow in the nearby mountains that first winter. We settled in and made a little life for ourselves for that span of time. Jack was always with us on the weekends. He took that picture of me. I made friends with my co-workers and sometimes we'd go out after a shift just to chill and hang out. Darryl, Jack and I did a lot of things together. Here we rode the aerial tram in Palm Springs at the top of the San Jacinto Mountains. Darryl's ex-wife took this picture. We were all at Chucky Cheese's celebrating Jack's seventh birthday. Jack and I bonded, he's a great kid. I haven't seen him since June 3rd 2008. I hear he's much bigger now, taller than me.

My family and I still got together periodically for group portraits. These were taken at a park in Yreka. In 2010 my little sister gave birth to this beautiful little girl on the right. The tiny premature baby that I witnessed come into this world now has a baby of her own. She's a mature, responsible, dedicated mother. She's also engaged to a wonderful man and his daughter, this gorgeous girl on the left is my niece's new big sister.

I've met these girls only through a thick pane of glass. They get along like they have always known each other. I won't be at my sister's wedding when she ties the knot next year. And I won't be at, I won't be her wedding photographer like we had always talked about.

The same is true for my brother Carl. The boy I grew up with became a family man. He and his wife married in 2010. I wasn't there to celebrate with them and I wasn't there to take their pictures and I have no one to blame but myself. A few weeks before trial they welcomed this precious little baby into the world. I haven't met her yet.

Until a few weeks ago I had huge hopes of becoming a part of these girls lives someday. My nieces are the closest I'll ever come to motherhood because I'm not going to have children of my own. I'm not going to become a mother. Because of my own terrible choices I've had to lay that dream to rest.

You've heard before that I'm an artist. As it now stands I'll never create another oil painting but these are some of my drawings. I'm pretty good with hands and nature but I'm best with portraits. There's Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Elizabeth Taylor. This picture is a little distorted. This is my niece where she was a bit younger, playing the piano. Well, attempting to play the piano.

My family and I have a lot of memories, especially ones like this at Christmas. We won't be creating any more of these kinds of memories together. This is how I used to spend the holidays with my family. It was Carl's idea to hold my portrait in this Christmas family photo taken a few years ago. My parents were there, my siblings were there, my brother's wife was there. From now on this is how my family is going to spend the holidays with me.

Following my arrest I wanted so much to avoid trial. Not necessarily the outcome, although that's naturally not something I was looking forward to, but trial. All of the graphic, mortifying, horrific details paraded out into a public arena. Instead I was hoping to go quietly into the night, whether off to prison or the next life. But with the amount of attention my case received early on I felt, in my ignorance, that it was necessary to speak out.

I got on TV and I lied. I lied about what I did and I lied about the nature of my relationship with Travis. It'snever been my intention to malign his name or character. In fact it was a goal of mine to preserve his reputation. I didn't want to drag out Travis' skeletons or mine or explain my experiences with them. I didn't want to unveil all of those ugly text messages and emails and that awful tape. All these things which now stand as public and permanent testimony to the darker aspects of our relationship. To 18 strangers, in front of Travis' family, in front of my family, in front of what feels like the whole world.

It's never been my intention to throw mud on Travis' name. When I took the stand I was obligated to answer the questions posed to me and if you'll remember many times I was quick to defend him in the same breath. I loved Travis and I looked up to him. At one point he was the world to me.

This is the worst mistake of my life. It's the worst thing I've ever done. It's the worst thing I ever could have seen myself doing, in fact I couldn't see myself doing it. Before that day I wouldn't even want to harm a spider. I'd gather them up in cups and put them outside. To this day I can hardly believe I was capable of such violence, but I know that I was and for that I'm going to be sorry for the rest of my life. Probably longer. I was horrified by what I had done and I'm horrified still.

In many ways my family has also suffered a great loss. Their pain is fresh because they only learned about it two weeks ago, the moment the verdict was read. The moment their hopes of ever welcoming me home someday were dashed. My Dad who is here today lives in California awaiting anxiously in front of the TV. My Mom came to visit me after court that dark day. She had spoken to my Dad on the way over and she told me that in 34 years that they had been together she's never heard him cry the way he did that day. I've caused that pain. I've caused them to hurt that way.

And I will concede that with Travis' family their's is a much greater loss and I can never make up for it. It is my hope that with the verdict you have rendered thus far that they will finally gain a sense of closure. Stephen said he doesn't want to look at his brother's murderer any more. If I get life he won't have to.

I have made many public statements that I would prefer the death penalty to life in prison. Each time I said that, though I meant it, I lacked perspective. Until very recently I could not have imagined standing before you all and asking you to give me life. To me life in prison was the most unappealing outcome I could possibly think of. I thought I'd rather die, but as I stand here now I can't in good conscience ask you to sentence me to death because of them [Jodi points to her family]. Asking for death is tantamount to suicide. Either way I'm going to spend the rest of my life in prison. It will either be shortened, or not. If it is shortened, the people who will hurt the most are my family. I'm asking you please, please don't do that to them. I've already hurt them so badly along with so many other people.

I want everyone's healing to begin and I want everyone's pain to stop.

Thank you.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 am

thank you Now I am going to Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:33 pm

All about me, by Stabby. LOL
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Some months back, while the first phase of this trial was ongoing, my Mom visited me just like she had been doing every week since trial began. She told me that after leaving the courthouse she was idling at a stop light and she happened to look over at the car next to her and Travis' siblings were in that car. I don't believe her. My Mom and I were silent for a few moments STABBY CANNOT stay 'silent' for a few seconds..b to the s! when she finally voiced exactly what I was thinking. She is now a mind reader. No 'fog' in sight. eyerolling She said "I know they're going through hell." Yet nothing drove that point home for me more than when I heard them speak last week. I never meant to cause them so much pain. "PAIN" is an understatement. She had the perfect opportunity to DESCRIBE the 'pain' she has brought them..to get on her knees looking straight at them and tell them what a POS manipulator/murderer/liar she is.

When Stephen said he read on Travis's 3 by 5 card that it said "Call Stephen" and that he never got that call, I know that's because of me. And when Samantha showed us the last picture that she took with Travis I know it's because of me that will always be the last picture that she'll ever take with Travis. (She didn't have to say that..we ALL know it's because of her.)

Throughout this trial I've avoided looking at Travis' family for a variety of reasons that I won't go into (BIG MISTAKE, Hodi. Yet ANOTHER opportunity to go into the EXACT reasons she has not looked at them.)but I have wondered "Where is his Grandma?" "Is she here?" I didn't learn until last week what happened to her. BS I don't buy this. Samantha said that Travis was the glue to their family. Around Thanksgiving last -- not last year -- in 2007, Travis called me. He was really upset. He said his grandmother was ill and frail and that he didn't know if she was going to make it. He said he didn't know what his family would do if she didn't make it because she was the glue to their family. To know (WTH?? "KNOW"?? She KNEW Travis was gone at 5:30 PM MST June 4, 2008!!) Pfff sign Electric Chair now that both are gone and that I may have also inadvertently induced her passing destroys me. MAY have?

Every time I've had the thought or desire to commit suicide there is one element that has always, almost always caused me to waver. They're sitting right over there (turns and points to her family in the gallery). They're my family. At times I've lost track of that element. "Element". WHO the hay uses this word re: 'suicide"? I wish she had pulled out one of her pens right there and committed hari kari in front of us. For example, the incident I testified to when I took my razor apart in the Siskiyou County jail Never heard about this until she said it. Is this documented? I managed to convince myself that they would get over the pain with time and that in the long run I was doing them a favor by unburdening them of my presence in their life. She "managed". GMAB!! She would be doing EVERYONE an enormous favor to stab herself in those cold dark eyes. I wrote a bunch of them goodbye letters, addressed specifically to each person, and in the letters I didn't focus so much on explanations but on how much and why I loved each of them. This was a ridiculous thing to say..explanations. She NEEDS to 'explain' Exactly WHY she allegedly wanted to end her stinking life..tell everyone exactly what she did IN DETAIL and WHY and while she's at it, tell the world where the knife and gun are. Then I wrote a general explanatory letter to help them understand my decision. Who writes a 'general explanatory letter or who words things like that when discussing suicide? She talks like a robot. At that time I saw it as taking myself off of life support. Can WE help?? I didn't know a lot of anything about prison at that time and I didn't think it was fair to expect my family to have to support me for the rest of my life. No worries there. Unfortunately, the taxpayers have you covered. angry

I didn't know then that if I got life instead of death I could become employed and self-reliant. I didn't know that if I got life there are many things I can do to effect positive change and contribute in a meaningful way. In prison there are programs I can start and people I can help and programs that I can continue to participate in. I'll share a few examples that I thought of. [takes pieces of paper from table] A few months before the trial, and by that I mean jury selection, my hair was past my waist and I donated it (positions paper on projector to show image on monitor) to Locks of Love, a non-profit which creates wigs for cancer patients who have lost their hair. In fact that was my third donation to that organization since I was arrested. If I'm allowed to live in prison I will continue to donate to that organization for the rest of my life. Wouldn't take a wig from this psychopath if it was the only one left in the world..and I HIGHLY doubt she's contributed to Locks of Love EVER!

[removes image from projector]

Over the years I have spent in incarceration I have received many requests from women to teach them Spanish or American sign language. Bet she's recieved many requests to just do herself in. Because my case was pending I just didn't have the time. BS It's not like she's a CEO. She's in Prison..not running a company! In prison I will. I agree here..she'll have 23 hours per day but she won't be teaching anyone anything. Hopefully, she will come back the 2nd time around and BEG for the DP!If I'm sentenced to life I will live among the general population of women I do not think so and I'll be able to share my knowledge of those subjects with them, the ones who have a desire to learn also. I may even be able to start classes. Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 2609465518

If I get permission, I'd like to implement a recycling program. The women's prison in Goodyear houses thousands of women and each week huge loads of waste are hauled off to landfill. A substantial portion of that could be kept out of landfill and recycled instead. It may even create new jobs for the people there. This is one small thing that could have a far reaching and positive impact on the community and on the planet. la la la Note to Hodi. You are not wanted on THIS planet. You are not even FROM this planet. Please get OFF our planet!

There is a higher rate of illiteracy in prison than in everyday society. Really? Gee, thanks for the tip. We were all clueless to that fact. I know that reading has enriched my life by expanding my knowledge base and opening my eyes to new worlds and different cultures. Ya, reading all the text messages and emails on Travis' phone and computer. I can help other women become literate so that they too can add that dimension to their lives. Along the lines of literacy I'd like to start a book club or a reading group, something that brings people together in a positive and constructive way so that we can share and recommend other good books and stimulate discussions of a higher nature. MORE BS crap

Additionally I've designed a t-shirt (shows t-shirt with "Survivor" printed on it). This is the t-shirt, which 100% of the proceeds go to support non-profit organizations which also assist other victims of domestic violence. Some people may not believe that I am a survivor of domestic violence. They're entitled to their opinion. I'm supporting this cause because it is very, very important to me. The absolute most stunning and outrageous thing she could possibly say to make the peeps that hated her already hate her even more. Travis did NOT 'survive' you lying, murderous POS!! angry angry angry

These are only a handful of examples. I've never been to prison. Get ready!! I don't know from personal experience what it's like there, but I'm certain that after I arrive I'll likely find many other ways in which I can contribute to the women there. Do I even have to 'go there'??? crazy 1

I'd like to share with you now a few things about me and a few things about my family. [takes remote control begin a presentation of photos]

When I was little my Mom took a lot of pictures of me. I'm the first child. She almost...Almost WHAT?? she, she had her camera everywhere and she would take a lot of pictures of me when I was first born. Selinas (It's spelled Salinas) is near the coast and it seems that many were overcast days but when it was sunny she would take me out to the backyard and turn on the sprinkler so I could play. That's me attempting to dress myself.
Thank GOD she didn't show the naked pics!
A few years later, um, Carl came along. My little brother. And we became inseparable. When we were little my parents took us everywhere, including Sea World here and Hawaii. But my fondest memories with him are of us sneaking off at home on a lazy Saturday, just making a mess of the living room in our pajamas.
Hope poor Carl kept a can of mace close by!
When I was 11 years old and the slide is background I apologize, (She apologizes here but NOT to The Alexander's. Mind Boggling!) when I was 11 years old my little sister Angela was born 4 weeks early. [indistinct] possibly came here. I was so excited to have a baby sister. I watched my Mom study(?) growup I watched Angela come into this world and after the doctor swaddled her he turned to me and he said to my Mom "Do you want to hold her first?". Isn't Angela the 'dumb' sister?? wink

These are various school pictures and on occasion my family and I would get together for family portraits such as these. In ninth grade my family and I moved back to Yreka but I still went back to Santa Maria periodically to visit friends. (Yes, Hodi..we heard all about this ad nauseum your first day on the stand.)

This is Patti. She was my best friend for years. She was here last week to testify on my behalf, as you heard Mr. Nurmi tell you in opening statements but she didn't return today because she and her 9 year old daughter were threatened and harassed if she came back to the state. B to the S! She did NOT testify b/c she KNEW Juan would have a field day w/her record.

I'm 21 years old here. After I moved out of my parents house at the age of 17 my relationship with my Dad improved a little. This is my Grandma and her twins. My aunt is on the left and my Mom is on the right. We know..we saw them everyday in court. Move on, please.

These are my parents when they were just a little bit younger. This is Bobby and I. It's a little out of order chronologically. We're hanging out in our dirty little rundown house in Montague that I have mentioned previously. At times we lived there without power and phone. The winters were freezing, we could see our breath inside the house. You should have stayed w/Bobby. Maybe he would have beaten the crap out of you in your little hell hole haven and you would have grown up REAL fast!! OMG, I was speechless yet again when she showed Bobby. Like anyone (but Hodi) CARES!

My parents did not support this relationship (go figure!) and we were young and just trying to figure out life on our own. When this picture, when I see this picture I'm reminded of that quote by Charles Dickens when he says "they were the best of times, they were the worst of times." (Yet another BS statement. WORST of times would be stabbing someone 29 times, slitting their throat, dragging them dead to the shower, shooting them in the face, trying to wash off all the horrific blood and leaving them to rot w/out telling a soul..then LYING about it for what..2 years??) We're smiling here in this picture taken by [indistinct]. It was a difficult relationship but Bobby will always always be special to me. Good for you, Hodi..GLAD he's ALIVE and you can smile while The Alexander's sit there and listen to your load of CRAP!

I'm 21 here. This is a photo of Matt McCartney and I taken a few months after we broke up, a few months after he moved down to Big Sur where I was working at Vintana. As you know we remained friends (Oh yea..we KNOW..you were passing cryptic notes to him in a magazine!) and on this day we realized Vintona's company passes to tour the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Darryl and I began seeing each other a little over a year after that. In this photo I'm coming out of a red-headed stage that I went through for a few years. This is one of my favorite pictures of Darryl and me. We were at Chinos a restaurant in Monterey where our friend Tony and his band were playing blues and regae live. He dedicated songs to us and we danced. Darryl was a good dancer. How lovely. Bet Travis was a good dancer, too. OMG!

When we began dating we started a yearly tradition in which we'd go camping every summer at this remote little campground, it's called Kirk Creek. It's south of Big Sur in an area that the locals call south coast. (Who gives a crap!)

This is Darryl, Jack and I at Vintana. It's hard to see in this photo but the ocean is in the background. It's on the terrace. rabbit

After we bought our house in Palm Desert we sought out some snow in the nearby mountains that first winter. We settled in and made a little life for ourselves for that span of time. Jack was always with us on the weekends. He took that picture of me. I made friends with my co-workers (WHY didn't Darryl and the so-called friends testify on your behalf in the penalty phase??) and sometimes we'd go out after a shift just to chill and hang out. Darryl, Jack and I did a lot of things together. Here we rode the aerial tram in Palm Springs at the top of the San Jacinto Mountains. Darryl's ex-wife took this picture. We were all at Chucky Cheese's celebrating Jack's seventh birthday. Jack and I bonded, he's a great kid. I haven't seen him since June 3rd 2008. I hear he's much bigger now, taller than me. Yea, and ALIVE!!

My family and I still got together periodically for group portraits. These were taken at a park in Yreka. In 2010 my little sister gave birth to this beautiful little girl on the right. The tiny premature baby that I witnessed come into this world now has a baby of her own. She's a mature, responsible, dedicated mother. She's also engaged to a wonderful man and his daughter, this gorgeous girl on the left is my niece's new big sister.

I've met these girls only through a thick pane of glass. eyerolling They get along like they have always known each other. I won't be at my sister's wedding when she ties the knot next year. And I won't be at, I won't be her wedding photographer like we had always talked about. (Didn't hear anyone sobbing that you won't "be there".) Barf

The same is true for my brother Carl. The boy I grew up with became a family man. He and his wife married in 2010. I wasn't there to celebrate with them and I wasn't there to take their pictures and I have no one to blame but myself. kick Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 3108173770 A few weeks before trial they welcomed this precious little baby into the world. I haven't met her yet. I hope you NEVER do! Let's keep babies and children FAR away from you!

Until a few weeks ago I had huge hopes of becoming a part of these girls lives someday. BS She KNEW her goose was cooked Years ago! My nieces are the closest I'll ever come to motherhood because I'm not going to have children of my own. I'm not going to become a mother. Because of my own terrible choices I've had to lay that dream to rest. Travis is 'layed to rest you idiot!!"Choices". Hmm..Pre-meditation. She just blew it again! Cannot IMAGINE this monster w/a child of her own..she would Never have one. She's too damned selfish!

You've heard before that I'm an artist. Ya, the entire world is reading your tweets and seeing your faux artwork on EBAY. As it now stands I'll never create another oil painting but these are some of my drawings. I'm pretty good with hands This is an understatement in more ways than I can say here....and nature but I'm best with portraits. There's Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Elizabeth Taylor. ALL copied!This picture is a little distorted. Like your MIND??This is my niece where she was a bit younger, playing the piano. Well, attempting to play the piano.

My family and I have a lot of memories, especially ones like this at Christmas. We won't be creating any more of these kinds of memories together. THEY will..just not with you hiding behind a Christmas tree! This is how I used to spend the holidays with my family. It was Carl's idea to hold my portrait in this Christmas family photo taken a few years ago. Ya, right! My parents were there, my siblings were there, my brother's wife was there. From now on this is how my family is going to spend the holidays with me. Lucky them!

Following my arrest I wanted so much to avoid trial. You wanted to avoid getting caught! Not necessarily the outcome, although that's naturally not something I was looking forward to, but trial. All of the graphic, mortifying, horrific details paraded out into a public arena. Instead I was hoping to go quietly into the night, whether off to prison or the next life. But with the amount of attention my case received early on I felt, in my ignorance, that it was necessary to speak out. BS Lies crap CYA crazy3 eyerolling la la la frying pan Electric Chair Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 3926180479 Barf

I got on TV and I lied. I lied about what I did and I lied about the nature of my relationship with Travis. It'snever been my intention to malign his name or character. What a complete LOAD of CRAP!! In fact it was a goal of mine to preserve his reputation. I didn't want to drag out Travis' skeletons or mine or explain my experiences with them. I didn't want to unveil all of those ugly text messages and emails and that awful tape. All these things which now stand as public and permanent testimony to the darker aspects of our relationship. To 18 strangers, in front of Travis' family, in front of my family, in front of what feels like the whole world. Feels Like? It is the whole world listening to your sex tape that you set up w/out his consent to frame him with. OMG!

It's never been my intention to throw mud on Travis' name. BS BS BS When I took the stand I was obligated to answer the questions posed to me and if you'll remember many times I was quick to defend him in the same breath. eyerolling I loved Travis and I looked up to him. At one point he was the world to me.
Really? That's what you do to someone you LOVE??
This is the worst mistake of my life. MISTAKE??? It's the worst thing I've ever done. It's the worst thing I ever could have seen myself doing, in fact I couldn't see myself doing it. Lies Lies Before that day I wouldn't even want to harm a spider. I'd gather them up in cups and put them outside. To this day I can hardly believe I was capable of such violence, but I know that I was and for that I'm going to be sorry for the rest of my life. Probably longer.Never understood what that meant and don't even Want to know! I was horrified by what I had done and I'm horrified still. Yet another opportunity to get on her knees and beg for forgiveness...'horrified by what I HAD done?' HAD? She's STILL doing it..dragging his name through the mud and throwing everyone under the bus.

In many ways my family has also suffered a great loss. Their pain is fresh because they only learned about it two weeks ago, the moment the verdict was read. Trust me, her parents have been in pain over this broad Long before she butchered Travis! The moment their hopes of ever welcoming me home someday were dashed. My Dad who is here today lives in California awaiting anxiously in front of the TV. My Mom came to visit me after court that dark day. She had spoken to my Dad on the way over and she told me that in 34 years that they had been together she's never heard him cry the way he did that day. I've caused that pain. I've caused them to hurt that way.

And I will concede (is she a politician? CONCEDE?)that with Travis' family their's is a much greater loss and I can never make up for it. It is my hope that with the verdict you have rendered thus far that they will finally gain a sense of closure. Pfff sign Stephen said he doesn't want to look at his brother's murderer any more. If I get life he won't have to. He won't have to if you get the DP..but he'll watch you die for sure!

I have made many public statements that I would prefer the death penalty to life in prison. Each time I said that, though I meant it, I lacked perspective. Until very recently I could not have imagined standing before you all and asking you to give me life. To me life in prison was the most unappealing outcome I could possibly think of. I thought I'd rather die, but as I stand here now I can't in good conscience ask you to sentence me to death because of them [Jodi points to her family]. Asking for death is tantamount to suicide. Either way I'm going to spend the rest of my life in prison. It will either be shortened, or not. If it is shortened, the people who will hurt the most are my family. I'm asking you please, please don't do that to them. I've already hurt them so badly along with so many other people.

I want everyone's healing to begin and I want everyone's pain to stop. Please kill yourself and Everyone's Pain w/stop!!!

Thank you. I do not think so karma
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Juror No. 6 in Jodi Arias trial reflects on experience

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Must see video..Cannot embed.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Verdict day: Arias juror considered not showing up

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:28 pm

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
2 hours ago
Here's the latest in the retrial hearing. As I said on Dr. Drew today, the odds are that Juan will move forward with retrying the penalty phase. The family, who gets a say on whether they will settle for life, is determined to move forward and try for the death penalty, according to my sources. However, the retrial may not happen on July 18 as scheduled. Word is Jennifer Willmott has a scheduling issue and the date may be pushed. Of course these sort of delays have been common throughout the trial so I would expect no less.

~ Shanna Hogan
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Jodi Arias Trial: How Do You Explain The Jodi Arias Supporters?

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Check out the comments..
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Jodi Arias Trial: Travis Alexander’s Brother-In-Law Says He And Family Are ‘All Emotionally Drained’

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:14 am

Posted on May 28, 2013 @ 5:39AM | By radarstaff

Travis Alexander‘s brother-in-law Harold Sorenson admits the murder victim’s family is “emotionally drained” and “overwhelmingly grateful” in the wake of the murder trial and ongoing penalty phase involving Alexander’s killer, Jodi Arias.

Sorenson — clarifying that the commentary was his and his only — said that while the Alexander clan is already browbeat following the marathon trial, the penalty phase “will be even harder on them then what they’ve experienced during the past phases of this trial,” encouraging readers to “please keep the family continually in your hearts.”

Here is his full statement posted to the Justice4Travis Facebook page:

“I will make a comment ! These are my words only. this is not from any of the Alexander family. or even from my wife Tanisha. they are all emotionally drained. at the same time they are overwhelmingly grateful ! to the court, to judge Stevens, to the jurors all of them, especially to Juan Martinez, to the Attorney General of Arizona, who they will be meeting with very shortly, to prepare themselves emotionally mentally, for the re trial of the [third] phase, the penalty phases. this will be even harder on them then what they’ve experienced during the past phases of this trial. if ever they needed the world’s love and support of the overwhelming majority that have been there for them. it would be this re trial of the penalty phase. please keep the family continually in your hearts, in your prayer as the fight for justice is not just for Travis alone, but for the past and future victims of the world that the DP can be respected, and upheld when it truly is warranted. let goodness prevail over evil, we love you, and deeply respect the overwhelming support . god bless true victims and justice for Travis Alexander. thank you [Harold] Sorenson.”
As we previously reported, the mistrial announcement came last week after around 13 hours of deliberations, as the jury was unable to determine in unison whether the Jodi should receive life in prison or execution in Alexander’s brutal 2008 death.

A new jury will be selected for the penalty phase, with a retrial date of July 18. Should the second panel deadlock, Judge Sherry Stephens will then hand Arias a sentence of life in prison or 25 years with the eligibility of parole. (The death penalty would not be an option in that scenario.)

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Jodi Arias Juror: She Planned Murder To Be Last Person Travis Alexander Ever Had Sex With

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:25 am

Posted on May 29, 2013 @ 15:29PM | By David Perel

Jodi Arias meticulously planned her murder of ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander and wanted to make sure she was the last person he would ever have sex with, says one of the jurors from the infamous trial. I completely agree!!

Tara Kelley, who was Alternate Juror Number 17, said in an online interview Tuesday that the camera Arias left at the murder scene was the most incriminating piece of evidence because it “showed a timeline of how quickly things happened.”

And Tara, in her interview with WildAboutTrial, also revealed that she did not buy the defense’s contention that Jodi was a victim of domestic violence.

Asked if she thought defense expert witness Alyce LaViolette’s analysis of domestic violence applied to Jodi, the juror answered: “No! I feel she is an advocate and truly believed Jodi was abused! However there was NO proof only her word.”

She did acknowledge that Alexander wasn’t always nice to Arias but added: “I thought at times he said some mean things but I never thought she was abused!”

And Tara’s theory of the crime is one of twisted premeditation. She told WildAboutTrial in a Twitter interview that she believed Travis Alexander found out about the sex tape (audio recording Jodi had made) and Jodi then threatened to blackmail him.

“I believe on May 26, Travis was trying to break it off completely with Jodi!” Tara said. “She got mad and threatened him with the sex tape! He started calling her those names b/c he thought if he did she would finally leave him alone, especially when he said u r the worst thing that ever happened to me!

“He was hoping that would make her stop! It only made her really mad knowing he no longer wanted her! She couldn’t take it!

“She planned the burglary and started planning his death! She wanted to make sure she was the last he ever had sexually! She wanted that power of knowing she was his last.”

One thing Tara did believe from the defense is when Jodi’s attorney Kirk Nurmi said “9 days out of 10 I don’t like Jodi Arias”

Said Tara: “I believed it! There was never interaction b/w him and Jodi at the table! He never looked happy by her.”

Arias was lying constantly on the stand, Tara believed, and now that the trial is over she thinks the tapes of the police interview with Arias’ parents would have been a “game changer” (against the defense) if they had been allowed into evidence.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Jodi Arias ~ Alpha Girl or Punked?

Post by Nama Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:55 am

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 am

I enjoyed your comments on Stabby's allocution, Wrap. This one made me chuckle especially.. "I wish she had pulled out one of her pens right there and committed hari kari in front of us."

It irritates me that Wilma is already pulling delays on this, I'm sure the defense is hoping it all dies down and everyone forgets what a horrible butcher and liar Stabby was so they can get a jury who will give her life.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 am

I couldn't sit back w/out doing a parody on her ridiculous litany of bullshit. Feel free (everyone) to add your own! We could probably take it on the road! Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 1661984022

Not surprised by Wilma's Duh-lays. In fact, I expected it..NO WAY their will be a vetted, seated jury by July. As I said..I see this 2nd round going into the holidays. I hope I am wrong and this butcherer/lying/psychopath w/get the DP IF that's what The Alexander's want. I think they are NOT going to back down and I don't blame them. Whatever they want, I want.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty A message from Steven Alexander

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:39 am

June 4th will forever be a dark reminder of who has been ripped from our lives. June 4th will always be the day we stop and think this is the day Travis was murdered. You will think about all the horrible pain and suffering he went through. That day will always come.

I believe with every ounce of my being that June 4th will be an everyday reminder to her. A reminder of why she sees the inside of a cell for 23hrs a day. A reminder of what she did. All alone, every day, a living hell. Until she gets the ultimate freedom, the needle. I hope its many years before that happens.

Soon June 4th will be a day that we remember she is on death row. Watching the hour glass until the last grain of sand. I hope her last thought is of Travis and June 4th.

Until then we have to take a look at our loved ones and remind ourselves that tomorrow is a gift. It’s never too late to love them more. Hold them close. Cherish every moment. Remember tomorrow is a gift.

Justice for Travis Victor Alexander “The Great” has been delayed. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. We all will be standing behind Travis, my big brother. Moving forward, passing down his legacy. You were born to be great, you are special! That is your destiny! Except nothing less! A pebble has been thrown into the pond. We are the ripples. Thank you for your love, your stories, your support and your prayers. June 4th is Justice for Travis Day!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:08 pm

That's a great message from Steven. I'm glad they are looking forward to tomorrows while still remembering Travis.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Steven says he hopes it's "many years before that happens" when discussing 'the needle'..so he has NO Problem w/her sitting on death row......I found that interesting..he and his family and dear friends just want her to eventually get the needle.

I have to wonder what is going through her mind today. I bet she wishes she could go back 5 years as at this time..she was allegedly asleep next to him. The last ALIVE sleep he ever had. It\\'s Not Fair karma
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Wild About Wild 05/29/2013 Wild Interviews ‘The Manicurist’ Tara Kelley, Juror In The Jodi Arias Trial

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm not sure if I believe this, or if NG was just reporting this to get more callers on her show, but she said on her show tonight that there is a "secret" deal being worked on right now to present a plea to take death off the table and give Stabby life with parole at 25 years.

Everyone on the show said there was no way that Juan would go for that, but one guy said it's not up to Juan, it's up to his boss. (Montgomery, I think.) One of the talking heads tried explaining to NG that in AZ they don't actually have "parole" they have Natural life, or life with the "possibility of release." This means that even when her 20 years was up, she could try to get release, but it very rarely happens in AZ, they just get refused.

Nancy, of course, refused to listen and just kept talking over this person. pulling hair But it sounds to me like even if she does get life with possibility of release, she'll never see the outside again. whew.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Haven't watched Dis-Grace for about a week now.

I think The Alexander's have the final say. At least I hope they do. Even if they don't, the judge could sentence her to LWOP. So, IMHO, NG is FOS. my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Arias juror No. 16 says she feels relieved, satisfied

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Sam, I think this is what you were talking about? She is Something Else!

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:23 pm

eyerolling eyerolling eyerolling
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Arias lawyers respond to Montgomery

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Exclusive: Jodi Arias juror 6 answers your twitter questions

Exclusive: Interview with Jodi Arias' best friend

By Michael Kiefer
The Republic | azcentral.com
Tue Jun 4, 2013 8:29 PM
On May 8, Jodi Arias was convicted of the 2008 murder of her sometime lover, Travis Alexander, but on May 23, the jury reached impasse on whether to sentence her to death or to life in prison. A week later, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said that his office would go forward with the trial to convince a new jury to impose the death penalty, but ...

“If they were to make an offer for resolution, I think I have an ethical responsibility to consider that,” he said.

Today Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott issued a joint statement in an exclusive to The Arizona Republic.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

“It is solely for them to determine if continuing to pursue a death sentence upon Ms. Arias, who is already facing a mandatory life sentence, is a good and proper use of taxpayer resources.”

The decision will indeed be up to Montgomery. Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens has set a tentative court date of July 18 to seat a new jury just to consider the death penalty, but Willmott has already indicated that she has a scheduling conflict then.

Montgomery’s statement that he would consider “offers” from the defense indicates he might consider concessions from Arias, such as not pursuing appeals. But courthouse regulars suggest that Arias, 32, could just as easily take her chances going back to trial. And in the event she gets death, she would have 20 years or so to do battle in state and federal appeals court to try to get a lesser sentence or a new trial.

Ultimately, however, offers have to come from Montgomery. His office, not the judge, makes the decision to seek the death penalty. And at this point, because Arias is already convicted of first-degree murder, there is no need to reach a settlement with Arias in order for her to be sentenced to life in prison. Montgomery only has to lift the intent to seek the death penalty and she would receive a mandatory life sentence.

Judge Sherry Stephens would then choose between life in prison or natural life in prison. The former is frequently referred to as “life with chance of parole after 25 years,” but that is a misnomer often used even during court proceedings.

Arizona discontinued parole for first-degree murderers in 1994. Anyone sentenced since then might be sentenced to life with possibility of release after 25 years. Parole is only available for those who committed murders before 1994.

“Now the only chance of release is commutation from the governor through the Board of Executive Clemency,” a more difficult process, said Ron Reinstein, a retired Superior Court judge who chairss the Arizona Supreme Court’s capital case oversight committee.

“It doesn’t happen very often,” he said.

And given the fact that the jury found an aggravating factor in Arias’ case, it’s unlikely Stephens would impose that sentence.

If she had committed the murder after 2012, release after 25 years would not even be an option, because the Arizona State Legislature has abolished the sentence for premeditated first-degree murder. It is still a possibility for juveniles convicted of murder or adults convicted of first-degree felony murder, which means that someone was killed during the commission of another felony.

What a LOAD of Crap! She has BPD..she is NOT mentally ill. They had a very long time to find shrinks that would/could deem her unfit to stand trial due to mental illness and they FAILED!! NOW, they are saying that because Dr. DeMarte says she has BPD that she is coo coo?? BS
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Wrap, according to the defense a states witness said that Jodi was mentally ill. I don't remember every word of testimony and I can't verify this.

Jodi Arias‘ lawyers called her “a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” in response to Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery’s vow to continue seeking the death penalty with a second jury after the first could not decide her fate.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott told The Arizona Republic in a statement Tuesday. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Samuels, LaViolette and that other one that came in at the last spoke re: her 'mental health' or lack thereof. I don't remember ANY of the 3 stooges saying she was mentally ill. She allegedly had PTSD. They didn't EVER say she had BPD or was bi-polar or schizophrenic. Juan would have been ALL over that. Thus, DeMarte said she had BPD..the defense (Wilma) argued and tried to sway DeMarte but DeMarte didn't budge. I think the Duh-fense is full of it!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:20 pm

None of it really matters, because she did the crime in AZ and they don't give parole as stated above. You get "possibility of release after 25 years" - which is much harder to get. So either way, she's in there for life - or gets death.

Either way would actually be fine with me, although I prefer the DP just because that's what Travis's siblings want.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:27 pm

BTW, NG has "inside the Estrella jail" on tonight and tomorrow night. These are some tough looking women with lots of charges. NG asked them about Stabby, but they didn't have much to say - except they thought she blew it by taking the stand.

They're showing their individual cells though and life in there. A LOT of complaints about the food, they said much of it is moldy. eeuuww. Nancy sampled a meal and thought it was good. LOL.

NG was having a seriously bad hair day when she filmed this, but she seemed to really relate well with this group of women convicts.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 pm

They're showing their individual cells though and life in there. A LOT of complaints about the food, they said much of it is moldy. eeuuww. Nancy sampled a meal and thought it was good. LOL. Ya, right!! Like she's going to say the food tastes like poop! LMAO!!

NG was having a seriously bad hair day when she filmed this, but she seemed to really relate well with this group of women convicts.
She filmed this the first time she went to Phoenix as I remember her interviewing some of the inmates and the guards.....guess HLN saved this for when Nance is on vaca. Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:39 pm

samgoodwin wrote:None of it really matters, because she did the crime in AZ and they don't give parole as stated above. You get "possibility of release after 25 years" - which is much harder to get. So either way, she's in there for life - or gets death.

Either way would actually be fine with me, although I prefer the DP just because that's what Travis's siblings want.
agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty A message from Tanisha, Travis' sister

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 pm

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
A message from Tanisha, Travis' sister:

Today it has been 5 years since my sweet brother was taken out of this life and our hearts are crushed and sadden by the horrible reminder of this day. Although the pain is still as fresh as it was 5 years ago , at least we know that Justice is near and we will soon have some closure.

I miss and love Travy so very much! I hope someday not to be haunted with the anger I have inside of me for the one who has caused my family to hurt like this . I know Travis doesn't feel anymore pain and he is with Our Heavenly Father and Our Savior Jesus Christ. I just can't get out of my mind what he was thinking and how scared he must of been on that horrible night.

Travis will never be forgotten and his memories will never fade, and look at all these people who he still touches and inspires today.

Together we will stand united as we seek Justice for Travis!

Our hearts are filled with great gratitude for the out pouring of support we have gotten from around the world. We feel the love in all the cards, donations, gifts, the sweet comments and messages thru this page and other pages. We know you will continue to support us as we endure thru this nightmare and until we have Justice. We will continue to love all of you for brightening up these dark days.

Travis and his Legacy Lives on and I can see it in all of you as you reach out with kindness.

Justice4Travis!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Arias trial: Transcripts of juror questions unsealed

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 pm

By Michael Kiefer
The Republic | azcentral.com
Wed Jun 5, 2013 6:07 PM

Much of the Jodi Arias trial took place behind closed doors or at the judge’s bench with conversations drowned out by the whir of a white noise machine.

Midway through the trial, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens began to seal the record of those sidebars and in-chambers discussions.

But the information is beginning to leak out. Stephens has released the text of the questions the jurors asked as they came to an impasse on whether Arias should be sentenced to death.

On May 30, Stephens ordered that much of the secret conversations be released to the public as well. Court staff are working on making them available. Stephens, however, is still sitting on perhaps the most controversial material by keeping the seal on sidebars or closed-door hearings where witnesses or jurors were present. Those hearings contain details of the death threats against witnesses and attorneys, and what the judge did or didn’t do about them. They contain details about why three jurors were dismissed.

But unsealed transcripts obtained by The Arizona Republic show how defense attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott and prosecutor Juan Martinez quibbled over witnesses and evidence while at the bench, and how at times, the back and forth turned insulting.

Arias, 32, was found guilty of first-degree murder on May 8 for the brutal 2008 slaying of her sometime lover, Travis Alexander, 30. Five years ago this week, Arias shot Alexander in the head, stabbed him nearly 30 times, slit his throat and then dumped his body in the shower of his Mesa home. She claimed she killed Alexander in self-defense; the jury thought otherwise.

On May 22, the jurors sent a note to Stephens asking which form they should use in the event they couldn’t reach a unanimous decision on whether to sentence Arias to death or to life in prison. Stephens called them into the courtroom and read them instructions on how to resume deliberation.

The next day, according to juror questions released today, the jurors said “We would like to explain our earlier question ....” They had not yet reached impasse, they said, but wanted to know what to do in the event they did. Stephens wrote back that they should use a juror questionnaire form.

Later that day they sent another message.

“After long and careful deliberation, we are unable to reach a unanimous decision,” it said.

Stephens scribbled a note back to them: “Do you think breaking until Wednesday, May 29, could benefit your deliberations?”

The response: “We do not feel further deliberations will change the outcome.” Stephens told them to complete a verdict form to that effect. It was over.

Other unsealed materials are yet to come out. But a review of on-the-record transcripts give a glimpse into what the lawyers and the judge talked about during trial sidebars.

On Feb. 5, for example, it was Kirk Nurmi worrying that TV cameras showed Jodi Arias’ leg braces; in-custody defendants wear devices to prevent escapes. It was Stephens complaining about Arias’ long drawn-out answers to questions. The next day it was the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office complaining that Arias should not be allowed to go into the judge’s chambers because of escape risk.

There were frequent arguments over what could and could not be admitted as evidence: Martinez’ concerns over playing an explicit audio recording of a phone call between Arias and Alexander, and discussion over whether it should come into the trial during Arias’ testimony. On another day, Martinez insisted that a photo of a sexy woman wearing a French maid’s costume be cut out of a document allegedly sent to Arias by Alexander as a suggestion of what she should wear when she cleaned his house.

Later that same day, as the lawyers discussed how to introduce the defense’s theory that Alexander was possibly a pedophile, Martinez went on a discourse about a series of 10 letters on the topic that Arias claimed were written by Alexander and which Martinez avowed were forgeries — only to discover that Nurmi was not talking about them at all.

On Feb. 20, Nurmi raised his concern that members of Alexander’s family were rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at testimony. (An e-mail to Stephens a few days later claimed that one of the jurors was trying to coach Arias with head gestures as she was in the witness box.)

And exchanges on April 2 and 4 show the lengths of discourtesy sometimes reached at Judge Stephens’ bench.

One argument began as Willmott was explaining what she expected to elicit from defense witness Alyce LaViollette, a domestic violence expert who raised so much controversy both in and out of court that she became a target of death threats. Specifically, Willmott was discussing whether Alexander at one point told Arias that he would kill himself.

“There’s a lack of trustworthiness there,” Martinez said. “She’s a liar. So I’m just having a difficult time seeing how she can say that Mr. Alexander attempted suicide.”

Willmott and Martinez bandied back and fortth. then Martinez said, “But the thing is that if Ms. Willmott and I were married, I certainly would say I F’g want to kill myself. That doesn’t mean I want to kill myself. It just means there’s a bad relationship and I want you to leave me alone.” ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Willmott protested. “Judge, just for the record, I think that that was an insult because he’s trying to say that if he and I were married ...”

Martinez cut her off: “That was a compliment, bad joke.”

Willmott: “I don’t see it as either.”

Stephens did not reprimand Martinez. Instead she said, “All right. Let’s move past that.”

Two days later, the subject came up again at another bench conference, when Martinez said to Willmott, “Well, then maybe you ought to go back to law school.”
thumbs up

Stephens did not step in.

Nurmi did, asking Stephens to admonish Martinez for both the law-school and the marriage remarks.

“Counsel, I understand some of this is tongue and cheek (sic),” Stephens finally said, “some of it is just the stress of trial, but let’s try to be as professional as possible when we have these bench conferences.”

must SEE video above link..it starts on its own so did not embed.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:12 am

These peeps are SICK!! OMG!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:20 am

Must give Nancy kudo's for tonights show. The inmates seemed to relate quite well to her I must say.

I found the majority of the inmates to be pretty book smart. The one gal said she had planned to become a doctor. These girls are not stupid. They spoke intelligently..some (the older ones in particular) know they have messed up their life and I feel they "get it" but it's too late. The younger ones I fear w/get out and go back to the same place and start on that downward spiral again.

Very sad!! And, most have kids and some are pregnant. Heartbreaking!!!

Am looking forward to part 2 tomorrow night.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:37 am

Beth Karas - Bring Back Beth
From Beth's own page yesterday.

"Today was my last day at In Session/HLN. I covered trials for 19 years across the country. It was a great run... Looking forward to the next adventure."

We will miss you Beth but we will stay tuned and follow you wherever you go! Know that!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:38 am

LOVE Beth! HLN is nuts to let her go!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 am

Wrapitup wrote:These peeps are SICK!! OMG!

Oh yuk, you are right!
Hysterical what Juan said to Stephens 'if Wilma and I were married'...... omg I almost spit my tea on the screen!!!!!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 am

I couldn't agree more on Beth, don't understand why HLN would let that one go!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:04 pm

samgoodwin wrote:BTW, NG has "inside the Estrella jail" on tonight and tomorrow night. These are some tough looking women with lots of charges. NG asked them about Stabby, but they didn't have much to say - except they thought she blew it by taking the stand.

They're showing their individual cells though and life in there. A LOT of complaints about the food, they said much of it is moldy. eeuuww. Nancy sampled a meal and thought it was good. LOL.

Sam I agree with all above. I have to give credit when credit is due. NG really did seem to relate well to those women and it was a good show. I actually programmed NG for tonight so I could watch the second half. But I do agree, she really had a bad hair day!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Reporter who interviewed Jodi Arias tells Jane Velez-Mitchell "Jodi is a very mentally ill person."

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:41 pm

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:31 pm

I do NOT think STABBY is "mentally ill" to the point that she doesn't remember her actions. She PLANNED this butchering down to gas cans and calling his vm after she killed him. Is she a stable person? NO. Is she more than likely a serial killer if she were let out tomorrow? Probably. Does she have BPD? Definitely. MOSt peeps w/BPD do NOT harm others..if they are going to do any harm, it is to themselves. This is a crock and more experts on the Duh-fense side w/be called to say she is a nutjob. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.  - Page 11 Empty Transcript of April 2 sidebar discussion

Post by Nama Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Dr. Drew was pretty funny tonight, they talked about the released snarky comments of the lawyers and Dr. Drew had some of the panel "act out" the scene where Juan told Wilma if he was married to her he'd want to kill himself. Mark Eiglarsh (sp?) played Juan, it was great.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next