Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Will Never Forget

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 Empty Re: We Will Never Forget

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 pm

We are a STRONG nation and can take just about anything...but to be threatened of another disaster comparable to 911 has everyone's nerves on edge. My sister works in NYC and she told me this morning that ALL New Yorkers are on pins and needles.

IMHO, IF they attack, it w/be in retaliation for the killing of Bin Laden. And, I hope I am WRONG but it could be anywhere..not just NY. I am NOT trying to frighten anyone but we need to stay realistic. fingertap over reaction Group Hug

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 Empty This is my favorite video so far. Inspiring.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 Empty This is RAW, undedited 911 call.

Post by Wrapitup Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:15 pm

9/11: The 25 Most Powerful Photos
One decade after 9/11, an unsettling number of images from Ground Zero and its environs remain seared in our collective memory -- unsurprising, perhaps, given the scope and scale of the destruction. But the fact that the deadliest, most visually arresting attacks occurred in New York City also meant that many of the world's best photographers were, in effect, already on the scene when the terrorists struck. Here, to mark the tenth anniversary of 9/11, and in hopes of lending coherence to our shared, turbulent recollections, LIFE.com presents the 25 most stirring, visceral photographs from that day, featuring pictures from the likes of James Nachtwey, Joe Raedle, Spencer Platt, Mario Tama, and other celebrated photojournalists (and one intrepid amateur). These are the pictures we remember: wrenching, indelible photographs that tell the tale of a still-resonant late summer day that changed everything.
Photo's here:
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/9-11-the-25-most-powerful-photos-1315611364-slideshow/25-most-powerful-photos-photo-1315610966.html
crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:16 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:35 pm

9/11 First Responders Need Cancer Treatment Coverage!

signatures: 27,039
deadline: ongoing
signature goal: 30,000
overview petition
Target: Dr. John Howard, head of the U.S. Government's World Trade Center Heath Program
Sponsored by: Care2.com

9/11 rescue workers and other first responders showed America what it means to be hero. Now, ten years later, they shouldn't have to be worried about their healthcare, but they are.

These heroes suffered intense exposure to known carcinogens in the days after the attacks. There are countless reports of young responders developing cancers only seen in individuals 40 years their senior.

When the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act was passed, it was supposed to protect first responders from the aftereffects of working at Ground Zero, except that it doesn't include cancer under its coverage.

Support 9/11 first responders in their struggle. Demand that the Zadroga Act cover cancer as part of its protections.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/591/903/186/?z00m=20060995
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Austin firefighters reflect on ten year anniversary of 9/11
by JADE MINGUS / KVUE NEWS

Posted on September 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM

The Austin Firefighters Association hosted a September 11 remembrance ceremony at Buford tower in Downtown Austin Sunday morning.

Attendees read the names of all 343 New York firefighters who perished in the attacks. An American flag hung high above the ceremony attached to a fire engine ladder.

U.S. Congressman Lloyd Doggett (D) of Austin told the crowd that 9/11 will live in infamy the same way Pearl Harbor does.

“The courageous efforts of those who gave their all ten years ago will not soon be forgotten, nor the continuing sacrifice of all firefighters,” said Doggett.

Austin City Council member Mike Martinez, a former Austin firefighter, also spoke at the event. During the ceremony he acknowledged the work of Central Texas fire crews battling wildfires across the area including the massive blaze in Bastrop.

“They stand there sacrificing themselves to serve us and to save us. In some cases, like during this last week, as their own homes were burning down,” Martinez said.

During the ceremony the names of all Austin firefighters and retirees who have died in the past year were also read.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Austin-firefighters-reflect-on-ten-year-anniversary-of-911-129613593.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 Empty Flight, baggage incidents draw quick responses

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:16 pm

By the CNN Wire Staff
September 11, 2011 6:05 p.m. EDT

Terminal B at Kansas City International Airport was closed and evacuated Sunday morning.

NEW: Three passengersn are removed from a Frontier flight that landed in Detroit
Passengers reportedly acted suspiciously on a flight from Los Angeles to New York
Two fighter jets scrambled out of an abundance of caution, TSA says
In another incident, a man was detained after his carry-on bag raises concern
(CNN) -- A suspicious bag and passengers acting suspiciously brought quick responses -- including the scrambling of two fighter jets -- on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, authorities said Sunday.

In the first incident, the Transportation Security Administration was notified of passengers allegedly behaving oddly on American Airlines Flight 34 from Los Angeles International Airport to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, said TSA spokesman Greg Soule.

Out of an abundance of caution, authorities scrambled two F-16 jets to shadow the flight until it landed safely at JFK at approximately 4:10 p.m. ET, Soule said, adding law enforcement will interview passengers.

Tim Smith, a spokesman for American, told CNN that a passenger alerted the crew to a perceived security concern. The captain investigated and elected not to declare a security threat and no one requested military or law enforcement assistance, Smith said.

The second incident involved Frontier Airlines Flight 623 from Denver to Detroit.

Crew members noticed two men acting suspiciously. One spent about 20 minutes in a bathroom in the back of the plane while the other waited in a forward gallery before using the restroom, also for 20 minutes, said Frontier spokesman Peter Kowalchuck.

"The crew did not feel threatened", Kowalchuk said, but "maintained surveillance" of the men.
Authorities took three passengers, including the two acting suspiciously, into custody when the aircraft landed in Detroit, Kowalchuk said. There have been no arrests, said Sandra Berchtold of the FBI.

The Airbus A318, which had 116 passenger and four crew members, was taken to an auxiliary pad after it landed.

In a third incident, a carry-on bag at Kansas City International Airport caused a security guard at a checkpoint to be concerned, said airport spokesman Joe McBride.

A man was uncooperative when asked if if the bag could be search and was subsequently detained, McBride said.

Terminal B was closed and evacuated abut 9:30 a.m., and a bomb squad was brought in. The squad used water hoses to open and inspect all of the man's bags, including those that were checked, McBride said. The terminal reopened by 2 p.m.

Authorities were questioning the man, McBride said.

The FBI's Bridget Patton said agents went to the scene. No explosives were found in the luggage, she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/09/11/flight.security.disturbances/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Now, really...you don't mess with the TSA if they ask to search your bag..especially on the 10th anniversary of 911~~~
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 Empty Coincidence?

Post by Nama Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:15 pm

9/11 Hollywood Predictions

Name: The Simpsons, The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson (cartoon)

Release Date: September 21st 1997, 4 years before 9/11

Commentary: Lisa trying to convince Homer to go to New York holds up this magazine that has a promo saying that bus tickets are just $9… If you look closely you’ll see the Twin Towers make 9/11. The stranger thing about this episode is that it basically takes place in the Twin Towers. Homer’s car is parked between the Twin Towers for that matter! Yet another strange prediction of 9/11…

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 911

More on link:
http://liestheytellus.com/2011/05/911-hollywood-predictions/
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:57 pm

omg affraid
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Flight 93 victims remembered

by NOELLE NEWTON / KVUE News
Posted on September 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM

SHANKSVILLE, Pa.-- KVUE News has been in Pennsylvania throughout the weekend with the family of United Flight 93 pilot, Captain Jason Dahl. Sunday, the 40 victims were remembered in a special service.
Ten years ago, 40 people on board United Flight 93 forced terrorists to crash their plane into a Pennsylvania field instead of its intended target-- our nation's capital. We'll never know how many lives they saved. Sunday we remember their sacrifice and bravery.

The service began with four moments of silence; one at 8:46 a.m., 9:03 a.m., 9:37 a.m. and finally 10:03 a.m. That final pause was for the men and women who died on board Flight 93.

Family members read the names of the victims aloud. With each name, two bells rang.

Jeff Grizzle joined hundreds of people at the memorial. He watched the plane go down.

"Then, [I] actually drove to the crash site and saw that there was, no one survived, not even a sign that there was human life there,” he recalled.

Grizzle and his wife Connie drove eight hours to the site Sunday morning to find what many are still searching for.

"To get closure, see the wall, the memorial to see what's happened to this place,” he said.

President Barack Obama flew in around noon and placed a wreath beside a marble wall with the names of the 40 fallen.

It's an image Lowell and Deborah Dahl,brother and sister-in-law of pilot Captain Jason Dahl, will carry with them as they head back to Austin.

"I feel renewed and I feel that more than ever Flight 93 was God's gift to America because we needed hope and Flight 93 gave us some,” she said.

They encourage others to carry on the spirit of those brave passengers.

"We have a real commitment here,” said Lowell Dahl. “We are the stewards of the legacy of 9/11. The 40 individuals gave us something that we have to use to enrich our lives and help others like they helped each other on that flight."

The memorial is $10 million dollars short of completion. You can make a $10 dollar donation by texting “memorial” to 90999. You can also go to www.honorflight93.org.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Flight-93-victims-remembered-129623303.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 Empty Biden delivers tender, personal tribute to 9/11 victims

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 pm

By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 2 hrs 13 mins ago

Vice President Joe Biden takes a lot of heat for his gaffes, his occasionally salty language and a speaking style that, at times, is more meandering than message. But that's not the Biden who delivered a stirring, tender, poignant and intensely personal tribute in Shanksville, Pa., to the victims of 9/11 and, perhaps more so, to the loved ones who yearn for them—a speech obviously built on memories of the 1972 car accident that claimed the lives of his first wife and their baby daughter.

He said, in part: "I know you see your wife every time you see her smile on your child's face. You remember your daughter every time you hear laughter coming from her brother's lips. And you remember your husband every time your son just touches your hand."

Remarks by the Vice President at the Flight 93 National Memorial Commemorative Service
Flight 93 National Memorial
, Shanksville, Pennsylvania
10:30 A.M. EDT
THE VICE PRESIDENT: Thank you, Mr. Secretary. Superintendent—Jeff, you've done a remarkable job here. And the thing I notice when I speak to you is you're invested in this place. It sort of has a—sort of stolen a piece of your heart. And that's why I'm confident that all that you plan will happen.

Patrick, you're keeping the flame alive, and keeping the families together is—from my experience, I imagine you all find solace in seeing one another. There's nothing like being able to talk with someone who you know understands.
And it's an honor—it's a genuine honor to be back here today. But like all of the families, we wish we weren't here. We wish we didn't have to be here. We wish we didn't have to commemorate any of this. And it's a bittersweet moment for the entire nation, for all of the country, but particularly for those family members gathered here today.

Last year, the nation and all of your family members that are here commemorated the 10th anniversary of the heroic acts that gave definition to what has made America such a truly exceptional place—the individual acts of heroism of ordinary people in moments that could not have been contemplated, but yet were initiated.

I also know from my own experience that today is just as momentous a day for all of you, just as momentous a day in your life, for each of your families, as every September 11th has been, regardless of the anniversary. For no matter how many anniversaries you experience, for at least an instant, the terror of that moment returns; the lingering echo of that phone call; that sense of total disbelief that envelops you, where you feel like you're being sucked into a black hole in the middle of your chest.

My hope for you all is that as every year passes, the depth of your pain recedes and you find comfort, as I have, genuine comfort in recalling his smile, her laugh, their touch. And I hope you're as certain as I am that she can see what a wonderful man her son has turned out to be, grown up to be; that he knows everything that your daughter has achieved, and that he can hear, and she can hear how her mom still talks about her, the day he scored the winning touchdown, how bright and beautiful she was on that graduation day, and know that he knows what a beautiful child the daughter he never got to see has turned out to be, and how much she reminds you of him. For I know you see your wife every time you see her smile on your child's face. You remember your daughter every time you hear laughter coming from her brother's lips. And you remember your husband every time your son just touches your hand.

I also hope—I also hope it continues to give you some solace knowing that this nation, all these people gathered here today, who are not family members, all your neighbors, that they've not forgotten. They've not forgotten the heroism of your husbands, wives, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers. And that what they did for this country is still etched in the minds of not only you, but millions of Americans, forever. That's why it's so important that this memorial be preserved and go on for our children and our grandchildren, and our great-grandchildren, and our great-great-grandchildren—because it is what makes it so exceptional. And I think they all appreciate, as I do, more than they can tell you, the incredible bravery your family members showed on that day.

I said last year my mom used to have an expression. She'd say, Joey, bravery resides in every heart, and someday it will be summoned. It's remarkable—remarkable—how it was not only summoned, but acted on.

Today we stand on this hallowed ground, a place made sacred by the heroism and sacrifice of the passengers and the crew of Flight 93. And it's as if the flowers, as I walked here, as if the flowers were giving testament to how sacred this ground is.

My guess—and obviously it's only a guess—no two losses are the same. But my guess is you're living this moment that Yeats only wrote about, when he wrote, pray I will and sing I must, but yet I weep. Pray I will, sing I must, but yet I weep.

My personal prayer for all of you is that in every succeeding year, you're able to sing more than you weep. And may God truly bless you and bless the souls of those 40 incredible people who rest in this ground.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/biden-delivers-tender-personal-tribute-9-11-victims-180436821--election.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:26 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/life-a-tribute-to-lower-manhattan-slideshow/
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Will Never Forget - Page 2 Empty We Will Never

Post by hnyb Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 am

'She died of a broken heart': Tragic 9/11 widow suffers heart failure brought on by accidental drugs overdose 11 years after United 93 pilot husband perished

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 18:52 EST, 14 September 2012 | UPDATED: 18:52 EST, 14 September 2012

Comments (37)

The widow of the captain of doomed 9/11 flight United 93 died of heart failure brought on by an accidental drug and alcohol overdose, an autopsy released on Friday has revealed.

Sandy Dahl, who was married to captain Jason Dahl, passed away unexpectedly in her sleep in May while staying at a friend's home in Lakewood, Colorado.

The death came after a decade of tireless work maintaining the memory of those on board Flight 93 who perished on September 11, 2001 after crashing in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203529/Widow-52-United-93-pilot-dies-heart-failure-taking-alcohol-multiple-prescription-drugs.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
hnyb
hnyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2