Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Springfield Three

3 posters

Go down

The Springfield Three Empty Re: The Springfield Three

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Have you ever covered the case of the Springfield Three on here? I couldn't find it in a search. I was reading about another case and just stumbled across this Missouri case.

Here is short info on the case:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Springfield_Three

http://kymp.hubpages.com/hub/Missing-Person-Stories

and a fb page on them:
https://www.facebook.com/seeking.thelost.news/posts/361322763965381

Some felt this Carnahan guy was involved, but evidently he was never even questioned in connection with their case.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:03 pm

VERY Interesting!! Thanks, Sam!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The Springfield Three Empty The Springfield Three

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Sure. I thought maybe you had covered it under one of the girl's names, so I wasn't sure. It really sounds like an interesting case.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

The Springfield Three Empty The Springfield Three

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:41 pm

The Springfield Three 1-21-210
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 pm

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

The Springfield Three Empty Springfield Police Department Headquarters

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:04 pm

A reward fund of $42,000 has been established for the location and prosecution of the persons responsible for the abduction of the three women. Anyone with information into the disappearance of Mrs. Levitt, Miss Streeter, and Miss McCall is requested to contact the Springfield Police Department or Crime Stoppers.

Springfield Police Department Headquarters
321 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802-3899

417-869-TIPS (8477) Crime Stoppers
417-864-1810 (SPD 24-hour voice line)
417-864-1713 (SPD 24-hour fax line)

The Springfield Three Suzies10Suzanne Streeter

The Springfield Three Stacym10Stacy McCall

The Springfield Three Sherri10Sherrill Levitt

The Springfield Three Suzies11
Suzie and Stacy's Graduation Picture June 1992

http://www.springfieldmo.gov/spd/GeneralInfo/3missingwomen.html
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:08 pm

You are so efficient! LOL.

So what do you think happened to them?
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 am

Well now where should I begin speculating?
When I heard first that Suzy had connections with grave robbing satan worshipers, I thought "Oh that must be it!"
*Of course factoring in that the cemetery where they were pillaging graves would be the perfect place to hide bodies.
*Suzy was supplying LE with information on the grave robbing friends and that could be the reason these people (Michael Clay and Dustin Reckla (sp?) wanted to get rid of her.
BUT...
Suzy and Stacy weren't suppose to be at the house on Delmar Street that night.
SO...
The more likely candidate in my mind would be Robert Cox.
1) He has prior records involving robbery, assault and abduction and at the time he was recently released from prison and living in Springfield.
2) At some point during that time he was working at a used car lot and could have had access to any number of vehicles that would be hard to trace back to him.
3) He was also employed in Springfield with an underground utilities company. He could have been working on the property being developed into the parking garage at the hospital where the bodies are rumored to be buried under concrete. (That might very well explain why none of the remains have ever been recovered.)
4) Cox's ex-girlfriend has since recanted her statement to LE that he was with her in church that Sunday morning. (I mean what better alibi could someone give by claiming they were in in Church of all places?)

I speculate Cox may have seen Sherrill through a window alone in the house on Delmar Street and walked right in through an unlocked door. He was probably still inside when Suzy and Stacy arrived there and he hid out in Sherrill's darkened room until the girls settled into bed after removing their makeup, jewelry and clothing.
If they had been drinking that evening one could have very well slept through the other being bound or even killed right beside her. Taking them on one at a time might explain how this person was able to handle all 3 women.
There was a witness that saw a van being driven in the neighborhood by someone fitting Suzy's description. Perhaps he had already loaded the other 2 victims in the van before he woke Suzy up. That would explain why all 3 of their vehicles were still at the house after they went missing.
Because their clothes, purses and cigarettes were left behind inside the house is proof alone that they were removed after they were incapacitated or killed.
If LE had taken the sheets from the beds or cigarette butts from the ashtrays as potential pieces of evidence, DNA might have linked Robert Cox to the crime. But DNA was in it's infancy back then.

My money is on Cox being the guilty party. Why would he have to make up an alibi to his whereabouts if he's innocent?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Sounds good to me, Nite! I agree that all their belongings left there means they were either knocked out or dead.

I guess we have advanced a long way in using DNA, etc. to solve crimes, although sometimes with all the DNA and handprints in the world (Stabby) you still can't get the death penalty for someone.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down