Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leah Freeman's Mother Continues Quest for Justice in Murder Nine-Years Ago

+5
michelle_ellis
Heike
Cory
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leah Freeman's Mother Continues Quest for Justice in Murder Nine-Years Ago - Page 2 Empty Re: Leah Freeman's Mother Continues Quest for Justice in Murder Nine-Years Ago

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Acuiriz!! It's Great to see you! Isn't this the best News EVER? BlowKisses

mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Leah Freeman's Mother Continues Quest for Justice in Murder Nine-Years Ago - Page 2 Empty Re: Leah Freeman's Mother Continues Quest for Justice in Murder Nine-Years Ago

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi Acuiriz.
Mommy, thank you for all of your wonderful news and updates. WHEN this case goes to trial I would love to be there, and sit behind Cory for Leah!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by acuiriz Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:40 am

No kidding, I live in North Bend, but I would drive to coquille everyday if this does eventually go to trial (and it will) I lived in Coq. for 25 years and I know alot of people, including Cory. I would not miss it. She needs all the support she can get, not that she is not doing a great job. My daughter was killed also, but I know how. God Bless You Cory. There will be justice for Leah!!!!!
acuiriz
acuiriz

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 am

Acuiriz, I know that you have been down the same hard road as Cory. Bless your strength!! butterfly
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:20 pm

You are too kind and sweet Acuiriz! Bless your heart for all you have been through in life and the loss of your daughter crying I will be sitting with you and critter behind Cory, supporting her as well. BlowKisses
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Oh cory im so sorry for your loss i have prayed every night you will find justice for your pretty little girl no we do not know one each other but i have followed your daughters case for almost 10 years now and i hope and pray that the animals that were responsibal
for your poor little girl will pay for what they have done justice is on its way my dear and you will have your answers i know it in my heart please feel free to talk to me any time im here i want them behind bars just as much as you do
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 pm

CritterFan1 wrote:Cory, don't make me cry. I try to imagine it was quick for Leah, I pray that she did not suffer. No child should have to suffer. It just breaks my heart to imagine that she might have suffered. Too late, tears are running down my neck. Have been sad today, about HaLeigh, about LindaMarie having to put her precious Romeo down, thinking of Leah so much sadness.
Justice For Leah Freeman in 2010~

Critter, my friend ~ Please don't cry! That's all we can do for now is hope and pray Leah didn't suffer for long. Her pain is over now. And now....well it's all about JUSTICE FOR LEAH NICOLE FREEMAN. One day it will happen. I just know it will. And then we can all celebrate!!! For reals!!!! I feel it in my bones!! God will grant us peace of mind with getting Leah's justice. Here Critter..... Couple Hugging Hope that helps! You are such a wonderful woman and I am blessed to have you - even if only on the net!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:17 pm

CritterFan1 wrote:You wait, lets get Nick to trial, I will be sitting behind you, along with most of VH!!!! Leah just touches my heart because of my Walker being the same age, you know that. it bothers me that it is not fair.

I know Critter. I just LOVE you! Such a big heart!! :iluvu:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Leah Freeman's Mother Continues Quest for Justice in Murder Nine-Years Ago - Page 2 Kcby_i10
COQUILLE, ORE - The news seemed to have broken out of the blue, as investigators called their first press conference in the Leah Freeman investigation in about nine years. But it was actually many months in the making.

Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier and Coquille Police Chief Mark Dannels came together to announce that the investigation into the 2000 murder of the 15-year old Coquille girl was indeed gaining momentum.

They were not going to go into any great detail as to why this was able to happen now, but the discussion at the press conference seemed to suggest three main reasons.

First, it all started with about a year and a half of hard work by investigators, headed-up by Chief Dannels, organizing years of information into a more manageable system.

Once they were able to achieve that, they could then start looking into the changes in technology that could help them find evidence that was not available to them back in 2000. Again, they would not go into detail on what kind of technology, or lab work, they were looking into but did seem excited by the possibilities.

Finally, they say time has helped as people who were reluctant to talk to investigators eight or nine years ago are now willing to sit down and meet with law enforcement.

The one thing that has remained the same is the desire of all involved to bring justice Leah and her family, its just that now there is a newfound confidence that justice could come sooner rather than later.

Anyone with information, new or old, on the Leah Freeman case is urged to call Coquille Police at 541-396-2114.

A $10,000 reward has been established for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the death of 15 year old Leah Freeman.

I hope a 10,000 dollar reward will get people to talk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Me too, money can bring out the truth.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks for posting that LM! It is so nice to drive through town and see those posters up in many of the businesses! God bless my family member for upping the reward!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:44 pm

how is everyone doing im still praying for you cory
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 pm

thewrightone wrote:how is everyone doing im still praying for you cory

Thank you!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Leah Freeman's Mother Continues Quest for Justice in Murder Nine-Years Ago - Page 2 Empty Still in Limbo

Post by Nama Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:52 am

Parents of murdered victims all have one thing in common: They need answers.

“They want to know how they died. They want to know the details. I think what they want to know is, ‘did they suffer?’” said Maureen Knudsen, director of the Coos County Victim Assistance Program.

Cory Courtright still has a lot of questions about her daughter’s death in 2000. The mother of Leah Freeman, a Coquille 15-year-old whose body was found six weeks after she disappeared, Courtright has never learned exactly how her child died.

To this day, police haven’t charged Leah’s killer.

“That’s what gets me — the not knowing,” Courtright said. “This was my child. I think any mother would want those answers.”

Police closed the case in early 2001 after exhausting leads.

“Whenever I’m sick or sad or whatever, I always want my mom; and I wonder if that is what she wanted in her final hours,” Courtright said.

But Courtright couldn’t move on. She started going to Coquille City Council meetings, first asking and then demanding investigators reopen the case. For 10 frustrating years, Courtright said, her life has been put on hold while she has waited to finally understand what happened to her youngest child.

“Someone has walked free for 10 years knowing they killed her and they’ve gotten away with it for this long,” she said. “Someone put the brakes on my life 10 years ago.”

Last month, a group of investigators reopened the cold case.

Courtright said that if the case is finally resolved and her questions answered, she’ll be able to move on with her life. Her sister, Carrie Ann Shields, said Courtright’s main focus in life is Leah.

She and Courtright said they are hoping that will soon change.

“I just think her killer behind bars would put my mind at ease,” Courtright said. “Maybe I’ll be able to spend more time with my grandkids and my daughter I have left. ... I won’t know until this is all behind me.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2