Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday

Go down

The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday Empty The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday

Post by Wrapitup Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:23 pm

The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday
Posted on August 4th, 2009 by Simon Barrett

This just in from TJ Hart. We are also working on another story, however we are awaiting some conformations before rolling with it - Simon

Balloon Release

HaLeigh Cummings has been missing since she was taken from her Satsuma, Florida home on February 10, 2009. In a few days, this five-year-old girl will have been missing for six months. In a few more days, she will have her 6th birthday. Her family prays and hopes she will be returned home safely in time to celebrate that birthday.

HaLeigh’s biological parents are holding two separate events in mid-August to raise help raise awareness nationwide that this child is still missing.

The paternal family of HaLeigh Cummings is inviting people across the United States to join them in a balloon release on August 17th to honor HaLeigh’s 6th birthday. The balloons will each contain a flier with HaLeigh’s information from the FDLE Missing Child website.

HaLeigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, stated, “I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that is helping with HaLeigh’s birthday balloon release. Please bring my baby home. I love her and I miss her with all of my heart.”

HaLeigh’s family is very thankful to all those that are joining the family in honoring HaLeigh on her birthday, as well as in helping to keep HaLeigh’s picture out in the public eye.

Ms. Teresa Neves, HaLeigh’s paternal grandmother said, “I hope that somebody will see HaLeigh’s flier and it will help bring my baby home to the family who loves her and misses her dearly.”

Here is how you can participate:

1) print out a HaLeigh’s flier from the FDLE Missing Child website link below.

2) You can then take the flier to any location where a helium balloon can be purchased – purchase either a red or a purple balloon, which are HaLeigh’s two favorite colors – roll up the flier, insert it into the balloon, and have the balloon inflated.

3) The family is asking everyone to release the balloons on August 17th at exactly 2:16 p.m. EDT in honor of HaLeigh’s 2:16 a.m. birth time.

The family feels that the 2:16 p.m. release time is a perfect time to honor HaLeigh’s birth. “We would be in the middle of HaLeigh’s birthday party if HaLeigh was home with us, so that is the perfect time to release the balloons,” said Ms. Neves.

Please join Ronald Cummings and all of HaLeigh’s family and friends in releasing a balloon on August 17th at 2:16 p.m. EDT, in honor of HaLeigh’s birthday and to help HaLeigh find her way home.

Fliers can be easily printed from the listed website:
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us

(Please remove excess paper on the printed flier so your balloon will fly)

For further information, contact: balloonsforhaleigh@gmail.com

HaLeigh’s Closet

The maternal family of young HaLeigh is also holding a community public awareness event on Saturday, August 15, 2009 at River Front Park in Palatka from 10am to 5pm. referred to as HaLeigh’s Closet.

According to the website:https://sites.google.com/site/haleighscloset, HaLeigh frequently told her schoolmates: “Caring is sharing.”

The website instructs you to check the student supply list and teacher’s wish list at left to see what items 1st graders need and then visit your favorite online retailer to order (links provided).

The site indicates that most online retailers will deliver the items to their local stores free of charge and the site suggest you check the links on the site for details.

Those who live in the Putnam County Area are invited to join HaLeigh’s family and friends at River Front Park in Palatka on August 15, 2009 from 10am to 5pm to drop off your donated supplies and celebrate Haleigh’s birthday.

Her family is also asking you to please consider donating your priceless time and talents at your local elementary school in honor of HaLeigh.

You may also send your donated supplies to HaLeigh’s grandmother:

Marie Griffis. at
12222 Mud Lake Rd.
Glen St Mary, Fl. 32040

TJ Hart

http://www.bloggernews.net/121787#comment-1373453

Please read the comments below the article.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday Empty Re: The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Wrapitup,

I am glad that the BIO parents & extended families are going to bring attention to HALEIGH on her special day. From the bottom of my heart, I hope ALL INVOLVED, remember that the day is about HALEIGH, about GETTING her picture out, about reminding people that she is loved, missed, & that the PUBLIC & MEDIA are needed to bring this child home.

IMO, I hope the ANT's don't see this as an OPPORTUNITY to BARGE in on Chrystal's efforts & try to take over the MICROPHONES & promote themselves.
Ron has made if CLEAR he does not want their SELF SERVING efforts, hopefully Chrystal will follow.

thanks for the article. 6 LONG MONTHS MISSING! BRING HALEIGH HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday Empty Re: The Families of Missing HaLeigh Cummings to Hold Events in Honor of Her Birthday

Post by Wrapitup Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:41 pm

I think this is a wonderful thing they are doing for her birthday..but really..WHY haven't they been on NG or JVM or HLN or Greta?? Why are they staying silent??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down