Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced

+5
adelacruz
artgal16
Juanita
Marica
Wrapitup
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced - Page 2 Empty Re: MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced

Post by cherylz Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:05 am

Boy, really turns your stomach, doesn't it?
To me that is CPS "101"--child w/ STD...duh...how does one get an STD? Remove child from home. What is the problem? Another child ...gone.
Makes you wonder just how many kids you see out and about...at the library, stores, malls, etc...that are victims of abuse/neglect. I think of this sometimes. So very upsetting. :mad:

cherylz

Back to top Go down

MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced - Page 2 Empty Re: MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:13 am

Cherylz,

You make a really good point, you just have to wonder about all the kids we see at the stores.malls/libraries you mentioned, how many are abused?

Cherylz, the thing is, the children love the abuser, many times a single parent, its all they know. In the case of EMMA, it is just unbelievable to me to know her mother was a nurse & basically sacrificed EMMA's life to a pediphile/molester. When CPS finally arrived, they were familiar with him, he has molested 3 other kids of another girlfriend.

There is a pattern here, locate a lonely single woman, befriend her because she has little children, then the sexual abuse starts. Just makes me sick!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:22 am

Marica emailed me and asked me to post that link. She just had foot surgery and said she was in a fog. I give her a lot of credit for keeping up with this case since she isn't feeling well.

CPS needs an entire re-vaming. Not just in Texas but in every state. I think it is up to our Health and Human Services Director to start these changes. There is no excuse for what this poor baby endured!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:51 pm

The statement that STD is NOT enough reason to remove a child from the home makes me so mad I could just slap the person who said that. HOW STUPID can CPS be? Mommy being an RN and doing NOTHING but LIE just burns my biscuits to charcoal
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm

I added Emma to our memorial wall.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced - Page 2 Empty murderer of EmmaThompson in jail

Post by Marica Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:59 am

MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced - Page 2 EmmaThompsonTX
Emma Thompson
Lucas Ruric Coe, 27,charged in the beating death of
4-year-old Emma Thompson was released from jail
after posting a $100,000 bond, Sept 12th.

Coe was back in jail two days later when Judge Keel
ordered he provide a urine sample and he failed to give one.

His attornery said he has a medical condtion which prevented him from urinating on command.

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/09/suspect-in-emma-thompsons-death-back-in-jail/
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:52 am

A medical condition that prevents him from urinating on command? What is it called "scared chitless"?
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 am

CritterFan1 wrote:A medical condition that prevents him from urinating on command? What is it called "scared chitless"?
Don't they mean "on demand"? Is he a dog? Well, YEA he is a dirty dog, a complete skanky ass hole...but I doubt anyone is "commanding" him to urinate! faint

I've taken many pee tests for job interviews. Is the lawyer saying he has a prostate problem? If so, back it up with medical reports.

I'm just glad he's locked up!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:45 am

Yes he is a dog.
:lol!:
Now that he is locked up the world is a little safer place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MURDERED 4 YEAR OLD GIRL Emma Thompson/ Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced - Page 2 Empty Abigail Elizabeth Young And Lucas Ruric Coe sentenced

Post by Nama Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 am

The jury that convicted Lucas Coe of super aggravated sexual assault has reached a verdict in his punishment.

The jury returned a verdict around 12:30pm Thursday that Lucas Coe should spend his life behind bars for raping four-year-old Emma Thompson.

Evidence showed Emma had blunt force trauma to the abdomen, a skull fracture, head lacerations, about 80 bruises, and bleeding from a torn genitalia after the attack on June 27, 2009. She was later taken to a hospital, where she died.

“Life’s not even really enough for what he’s done,” prosecutor Colleen Barnett said in court. “Sometimes the smallest voices are actually the loudest. And you know that she’s talking to you.”

Closing arguments this morning for both sides were short, taking less than an hour.

“I respect the decision that you made in this case. I don’t agree with the decision that you made in this case. I respect whatever decision you make in punishment in this case,” said Coe’s attorney, William Van Buren.

In the punishment phase of Coe’s trial, jurors heard testimony about other assaults and brutality by Coe. A 10-year-old boy said he was hospitalized for several days after a beating by the defendant.

Prosecutors pushed for the maximum sentence and that is what the jury handed down after deliberating for less than three hours. Coe had faced a sentence of 25 to 99 years behind bars. There is no possibility of parole for him. He was also fined $10,000.

Coe, 28, had no reaction to the sentence in the courtroom.

After Thursday’s punishment was read, Ben Thompson, the biological father of Emma, told us that Coe is not a man and his life is worth nothing. Thompson added that he will never forget writing a letter to his daughter after her death that he failed her.

“I don’t think he’s going to have a very comfortable life where he’s going to. I think that I’m gonna think of him as dead until someone in prison makes him that way and then I’m not going to think about him anymore,” Ben Thompson said.

The jury of eight men and five women took less than three hours to sentence Coe to life in prison with no possibility of parole. They convicted him Tuesday of super aggravated sexual assault for the mortal injuries he inflicted on the 4-year-old old girl last year.

After the sentencing, her family was able to tell Coe how their lives have changed.

“We will not forget what evil was done to Emma Thompson. And we know who did it,” said Emma’s grandfather, Jim Thompson.

Emma’s grandmother, Laurie, spoke directly to the defense, admonishing them for their depiction of Emma as clumsy and sickly, and asking them not to forget her.

“I wanted everyone to share in some way in the future, in some small way to have a reminder of Emma and how her life mattered,” Laurie Thompson said.

“I can’t fault the grand jury. What that family has gone through has been horrendous. Had the roles been reversed, had I been in dad’s shoes, I don’t know if we’d be in the courthouse,” said Coe’s attorney William Van Buren.

Emma’s aunt said she hopes Coe is haunted by the vision of Emma’s face.

The toddler’s mother, Abigail Young, was sentenced to 20 years in prison on July 12 for failing to protect her daughter from Coe.

Coe’s attorneys have already filed an appeal in the case.

http://pysih.com/2010/09/23/update-2-abigail-elizabeth-young-and-lucas-ruric-coe/
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:00 am

Justice at Last!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 am

Yes justice but Id really like to have seen the mother get the same punishment - she was equally guilty.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am

cryingagain RIP Emma. I agree with you artgal. Mothers need to be held MORE accountable than they have been.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2