Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

+7
TerryRose
charminglane
misshesitation
lisette
Nama
CritterFan1
Wrapitup
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Empty Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:16 am

A friend of mine from High School is missing. He's been missing since Sunday, April 11th, 2010. Trying to get the word out and praying for his safe return! Unfortunately, I don't have any additional information aside from what is on this poster. Please help bring Jeremy home safe! Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Jeremy13
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Empty Re: Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 am

Another picture of Jeremy

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Jeremy16
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Empty Re: Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:03 am

WithPurpose, what can you tell us about him? Is he married? Divorced? Children? Where does he work? Do you know of any enemies he had? Does he do drugs? Does he have siblings?

Just anything you can tell us may help.

p.s. He is quite handsome.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:49 am

I haven't kept up with him in the last few years, but this is the most recent information I knew:
* not married
* no kids
* athletic - mountain biking and hiking
* younger sister lives in Nebraska
* older brother lives in Nebraska

He's always been a very nice guy. The type of guy every girl's parents wanted to bring home :). He would drink occassionally, but never used drugs that I'm aware of or ever heard of. Unfortunately, none of our other old friends seem to know any more than I do at this point. The things I worry about:
* growing up with him, he seemed to have a tendency towards depression.
* being single and athletic, it probably wouldn't be unusual for him to have gone out hiking or biking and not let anyone know. I have a very athletic male cousin that just recently moved to Arizona that I keep nagging about his day trips--letting someone know and better yet, take someone with him.

Hopefully, this will just be a case that he needed to get away for a short while and didn't let anyone know, but that just wouldn't be like the Jeremy I always knew.

And, yes, he is very handsome. He hasn't changed much since the day we graduated from high school! He always had an amazing smile.

Last edited by WithPurpose on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 am

Thanks, With Purpose.

What are the circumstances reference how he went missing?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:20 am

Unfortunately, right now, we (myself and other old friends of his) don't know any of the circumstances around when he went missing. This is very frustrating.

Hopefully, I'll know more tomorrow morning. Thanks Wrap!

Last edited by WithPurpose on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:56 am

It made sense. Keep us informed and we will do whatever we can to help.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:15 am

Hello. His mtn bike could have been barely touched by the wrong rock or tail end of a car and he could have gone right off of a mtn trail.....Always ride in pairs. My husband was knocked off of his bike a few yrs ago, by lumber shifting in a truck. His helmet cracked like and egg! Any more news on Jeremy?
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:24 am

Any new's today? I am going to try and research this more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:53 pm

No new news or additional information which is incredibly frustrating. Thank you all for asking about him. I'll update as I receive more information. We are all just very confused about him being missing.

Last edited by WithPurpose on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Jeremy's car is also missing (info on the poster). Jeremy has some contacts in California related to mountain biking. His sister just had a baby earlier this month.

Last edited by WithPurpose on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Empty Updated info w/ Jeremy

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:54 pm

I don't know any of you but wanted to post some information to those praying for him and his family right now and to the high school friend here. I just came across the site just now, some hours after hearing the deeply troubling news of Jeremy.

My older brother is a very good friend of Jeremy through work for some years now and Jeremy and I became new friends this past year skiing together here in Colorado.

I'll keep to the facts that I am aware. My brother got off the phone w/ a detective earlier today with his case as he had questions for him. Indeed, Jeremy just up and...well, left. To where, no one knows. He did not take anything of great importance with him, drain his bank accounts or take any vacation from his work. Why? This is conjecture now based upon what I do know: He has gone through a very, very bad divorce to a woman who, yes, has a drinking problem(not a drug one, as far as I know or he had mentioned to me, either but drinking? Yes, she has a real problem.). As far as I could casually tell hanging w/ him a bit, Jeremy was not a drug user or drinking abuser, at all. He is 39, not 19 and I think his approach to the areas of drugs 'n alcohol were that of someone fully aware of the nature of consequences attached to their potential abuse - being married to an alcoholic would make anyone even more keenly aware of this.

My brother talked to him a week and a half or so ago and.....Jeremy told my brother he was struggling still w/ the divorce, the pain from the process(which became even more incredibly difficult the last few months, evidently) and issues inside the divorce settlement but a strong indication that he would....well, up and disappear without a word or note to his family and friends? Well, that has left my brother dumbstruck along w/ everyone else who knows him.

I am not a good friend of Jeremy - my brother is. I am still looking forward to becoming much better friends with him as we hit it off incredibly well the few times we've hung out together when my brother was in Colorado and we went skiing. Hang our hats on HOPE here, folks. Blow the winds of love, encouragement in the direction of Colorado and Jeremy....that he is still with us is very much a possibility despite how bad and out of character this all seems to those who know and love him. Leave plenty of wiggle room for unexplainable good news to occur for all and God to step inside the difficulty of the present.

It's a shot across the bow - this kind of realization, known all to well to many who visit this site, I'm guessing. This kind of disturbing event begs a prayer to us all to have us have more receptive hearts to the people in our lives, to stay alert, to be aware of a potentially deeper hurt that people around us in our everyday life may feeling or struggling with(or we may ourselves be feeling, as well), so we may reach out with them in encouragement and share the love of own gifts and lives and of a higher power outside of ourselves, whatever you need to call that but which I simply know as God.

Any other news you all may here, please post.....I will do the same.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 pm

notlameguy, thank you for posting and Welcome to VH!!

Have you or your brother told law enforcement what you have shared with us? Do you or your brother know if his wife has a rap sheet? Do you know who the last person was to see him?

We will definitely post anything we hear and I hope you do the same. And, I loved what you said about being more receptive to the people in our lives.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:32 pm

My brother has talked to a detective on his case about what he knows.

Do not think Jeremy's wife has been arrested, she just has serious troubles with alcohol(and I think has been in treatment but can't 100% confirm). Do not know how the last person to see him was either.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Thank you so much for the additional information notlameguy! Jeremy has always had a great personality. To meet him was to love him! I'm so sorry to hear about his recent divorce.

I just received this information which isn't much more:
"Unfortunately we really don't have much more info. He is not married, with no children. Enjoys mountain biking, and all things outdoors. He was last seen at his home in westminster by his room mate at around 11:30am on Sunday and that's where the trail ends. No camping gear was taken, no signs that he went anywhere but just out to the store. It is completely crazy."

Jeremy has always had a heart of gold. There are so many lives he has touched through the years. I personally believe that maybe he just needs some time away right now and has just kinda "disappeared" for awhile. I strongly believe he will be found safe and sound. I continue to pray for him, his friends, family and all those that are searching for him!

Last edited by WithPurpose on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:37 pm

notlameguy wrote:My brother has talked to a detective on his case about what he knows.

Do not think Jeremy's wife has been arrested, she just has serious troubles with alcohol(and I think has been in treatment but can't 100% confirm). Do not know how the last person to see him was either.....

notlameguy, the information I just received had said the last person to see him was his roommate. Do you know if that's true? Do you know who is roommate is?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:37 pm

By the way, I believe his wife's name was Kelli. I think her maiden name was Carlson.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:56 pm

I don't know his roommate or relationship to him, only that he had one once he and his ex-wife had formally separated.

As I mentioned and which has been mentioned above, lift high hope that he's okay, alive and coming back. He's just checked out in a most complete, across the board manner this week. I know *I* can relate to the thoughts of just wanting to completely dis-engage from intensity and inflow of life's problems sometimes and it makes sense to me(and I can see Jeremy doing this, as well) to just.....well, "Go"...for a bit. Unplug the phone, hit the mountains, find a cheap hotel, eat bad food and wrestle with myself, push for perspective, pray and push forward once again.....then come on down when it all made better sense.

It's all our hopes that is the situation here.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Empty You People Are Total Bottom-Feeders

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Unlike the rest of you, I DO know Kelli and Jeremy personally, and am appalled by the posts below. Did you fail to read the part about not posting slanderous comments in the agreement you signed to join this site?

Do you have any compassion for the families involved here? As if this time isn't hard enough for them, when they go online to find out whatever they can about Jeremy, they have to read the lies and innuendos you morons have posted. I really like the part about your not being fed enough information on what's going on. I'm sure those close to Jeremy are apprised on the situation - it's the irrelevant parties (such as yourselves) that are being kept in the dark.

To those reading the posts below, please take them for what they're worth. "With Purpose" is obviously a small-town, Minden Gossip, and "NotLameGuy" totally is (hence the defensive posturing with his screen name.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Look...we're concerned. VERY concerned. Compassion? Well, not sure what your definition is inside the suddeness of all this but that's not evident here? Come on. Back up, take a deep breath and look for a bit perspective and assume that there's a whole lot of concern, compassion and love for Jeremy. This is not a time to be shelling out name calling for what a few of us DO know and start slinging mud.

We're engaged, however imperfectly, and really, really worried...is that okay? What I said above, I do know...informed from him and what I've learned in the past six hours, it's not much other than what he has been truly struggling with. That's it. People are trying to make sense of something that does not have a lot in it. Our reach inside of all this...well, human.

So please lay off, search for some kindness of what we'd all want from each other in any tough times with such a backdrop of uncertainty....I'm not going to into any further what you accuse me of other I shared that with people who are concerned what I do know as first hand as I am able to share.

This is not a time - at ALL - to sling this stuff around. It's time to come together for him, to push some positive energy out there and life some prayer for a joy-filled ending.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:51 pm

by A Today at 5:01 pm"With Purpose" is obviously a small-town, Minden Gossip, and "NotLameGuy" totally is (hence the defensive posturing with his screen name.)
I don't know "NotLameGuy", since he just joined VH today, but I have known "With Purpose" for quite some time and she is a valued member of this site. We are here to share news, information and ideas. That's what we do. Please don't attack the members. Isn't it possible that they know something that you aren't aware of?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:52 pm

"A", it's good to have someone here that knows both parties, so welcome!

If you have any other comments reference the "morons" here - please PM the person(s) you are unhappy with. I will NOT have name-calling or rudeness on VH. Period.

This will be your only warning.

1. If you disagree with a poster, that is fine; (If we all thought the exact same things it would be a Very Dull World!! ) however..NO rudeness of any kind ON THE PUBLIC FORUM. You are welcome to take it to a PM. NO gay bashing or bigoted statements. ABSOLUTELY NO cursing God. Period.

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/for-members-only-f46/member-s-rules-updated-on-03-14-10-all-members-please-read-s-t860.htm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:38 pm

notlameguy, I very much appreciate how you have reached out and provided information about what you know and your very positive perspective on Jeremy and the situation. Obviously, there are a lot of people that know and care about Jeremy and from what I can tell, Jeremy is fortunate to have you for a friend. Definitely not lame at all.

A, I don't know you, but I assume you are also concerned about Jeremy. I do apologize if frustration with not having more information to give to those that may be able to help find Jeremy was offensive to you or anyone else. A lot of people are doing what they can to help find Jeremy as a result of the family's requests for help. As it turns out, there just hasn't been much of any information to give. I'm not sure what your purpose was here, but everyone else here is concerned about one thing...getting Jeremy home safe and sound to his friends and family. There's a lot of love and concern out there for Jeremy and his family. They are all very nice people and no one wants to see anyone go through something like this, especially them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Hope and pray that Jeremy is safe and just in need of a time away from all stressors. I went to HS with his very recent ex-wife and can say with certianty that she is as concerned as anyone regarding his well being. Praying for Jeremy.....SH
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Smarks, welcome and thank you for your comments. I didn't know Jeremy's wife but I'm sure she was a very special person to grab Jeremy's heart. Despite the divorce and whatever problems may have occurred, I'm sure this is extremely difficult for her too. My heart goes out to all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:19 pm

We heard from the family and no additional information aside from what notlameguy has already shared (thank you). The family appreciates everyone's efforts to help find Jeremy. I think we will all breathe a sigh of relief soon. Praying that if he's taking time to get away and take care of himself that he is successful and finds the peace and clarity he needs. My brother went through a tough time once in which he just up and disappeared for awhile. However, we knew he wanted to get away. A PI was able to track him down just so we had some peace of mind that he was ok. He came back when he was ready.

Last edited by WithPurpose on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 pm

I live in Minden and my husband knows Jeremy. I've been sending out the missing person poster on my twitter account periodically throughout the day. My family is thinking of him and his family and hoping he is safe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 am

welcome2 to victimsheartland, Jamberta! You have found a site that cares about the missing and their families.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:31 am

I received word this morning that based on cell tower data, they think they have jeremy pin pointed around woodland park and are starting to search the area. Anyone in the area that wants to help and has four wheel drive is welcome to help in the search.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:19 pm

From Jeremy's Family today:
Urgent: We believe Jeremy’s last known where a bounce is west of Woodland Park within roughly a 25 mile radius. We have family on the ground that are exhausted and need your HELP. Anyone that can help search the area would be a great help. Our goal is to see if we can locate the car. 1999 Black 2 Door Honda Accord (Colorado License 940 jSE). If you see Jeremy or the car, please contact Westminster Police Dept at 303-658-4360 Case #2010 6054. Please post this to your info as well to help get this new information out.

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Jeremy17

I have several friends that are out there or on their way out there. I wish I could be out there helping them. Please continue to pray for Jeremy and his family & friends.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Here's a little more detail on the cell phone ping data of Jeremy's phone. Last ping was at the below location and it stayed their for 2 days before the phone died.

His cellular phone last pinged off of a tower located at 38.98624 -105.06916 which is near woodland park.

this is located near Trout Creek rd, Tranquil rd, CO rd 25
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Thank you Chad! Welcome to VH!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:19 pm

This is good news that there is a particular location in which to search...I am praying that he is found quickly and that everything is OK...I don't know anything about this area...By needing "four wheel drive", I assume that it is rough terrain...Is that correct?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by misshesitation Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm Praying all will turn out Good! Hoping for the best!
misshesitation
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Welcome to all the new member in the quest to find Jeremy!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Family worried about missing Westminster man
By The Denver Post
Posted: 04/17/2010 05:19:55 PM MDT
Updated: 04/17/2010 05:20:03 PM MDT

Westminster resident Jeremy Griess disappeared on April 11 and family members are asking for the public's help locating him.

Griess left his Westminster home last Sunday, family members said. They believe he was driving his black, 1999, two-door Honda Accord equipped with a roof rack. Cellular "pings" from Griess' phone put him in the Woodland Park area on Monday with an additional "ping" from an unknown tower two hours later.

"If people can really be on the look out it would really help us," said Amy Cannella, Griess' sister-in-law.

Westminster Police have been working with the family, said Cheri Spottke, police spokeswoman.

"We've exhausted all law enforcement resources," Spottke said.

A final cellular "ping" hit the unidentified tower on Wednesday, she said, and no financial activity has been detected on Griess' accounts since his disappearance.

Family members are searching and exhausted, Cannella said, and concerned Griess is injured.

"He's an avid fisherman, a biker, and outdoorsman," Cannella said. "We're getting a little despondent and running out of time."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_14905690?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Empty Search Information and Contact Information

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Last Tower Info if anyone goes through this area was:
5903 Trout Brook Road, Woodland Park, CO.
Lat: 38.9864 Lon: -105.06916
Order of priority of Search form site: west then south then east within a 25 mile radius.
Please be on the look out for the 1999 two door black Honda Accord (Colorado License 940 jSE).

Jeremy's family is searching for him in addition to coordinating search efforts. As you can imagine, the family and close friends involved in the search efforts are exhausted. Anyone that wants to help in the search, please send me a message and I will provide you with the contact names and number. Because family is coordinating the search, the contact number is directly to them so I just ask that you give me an idea who you are and how you know or know of Jeremy in your request for the contact information. Thank you!

Keeping the faith!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch Empty Adventure Rider site posting about missing outdoorsman

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:48 pm

"Missing Outdoorsman" post From Adventure Rider site:

Today, 03:25 AM #1
Rabit
nOObalicious
Oddometer: 8 Missing outdoorsman and motorcyclist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I am working a missing person case and this one touched close to home so I am trying to use unconventional methods to find this person.

His name is Jeremy Griess he is driving a 1999 black Honda Accord Colorado license 940JSE.

Jeremy is an avid outdoorsman and rides a dirt bike frequently.

Jeremy disappeared under circumstances that make him an endangered missing person, meaning he may be depressed about recent events in his life.

His cellular phone last pinged off of a tower located at 38.98624 -105.06916 which is near woodland park. The phone pinged in the same location for about two days before dying. His favorite places are Spinney Mountain, Rampart Range, Buffalo Creek, and Deckers.

When out and about this weekend check the trailheads and mountain parking lots for his vehicle If found call the Westminster police department or the local law enforcement agency.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570339
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:50 pm

cool to see all the new members who want to help in the search to find Jeremy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Hello everyone, I would love to help with the search. I am in Denver, and am planning on driving up to Woodland Park tomorrow morning via Rampart Range Rd. and would love to connect with the search party before then if possible.

Please contact me via email at thejlb77@gmail.com
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:02 pm

I spoke with a good friend of Jeremy’s that’s been heavily involved in the search today. I’ll write what he told me as closely as I can repeat it. My comments are in parenthesis.

“In summary, as was posted previously, they localized the last identifiable cell tower with the help of a detective from the Westminster Police Department.

(This tower was mentioned previously and is here: ”(Google Maps))

Unfortunately, an additional tower picked up Jeremy’s cell phone 26 minutes later. This tower is unidentifiable according to AT&T (his service provider). The ID number is “LAC 15201”. At this point, his phone continued to periodically try to retrieve data until sometime on Wed when it presumably ran out of battery power. We believe this is where Jeremy and his phone came to rest and if we could identify the tower, we’d be within a 15 mile radius.

Roughly 25 people showed up in Woodland Park, including locals, to take up the search this morning (Sat 17th). One of the search party members came up with the idea of driving from the last known tower in the direction where he’d most likely lose service for 26 minutes. Two search parties, each with AT&T cell phones, drove in broad loops in the SW and NW directions for 4 ½ hours. The parties tried to create a breadcrumb trail of cell phone contacts in the most likely direction. To do this, each AT&T phone sent text messages every 4 to 5 minutes to another cell phone in the car and wrote down the mile marker and time. Our hope was that one of the phones would have pinged that final unknown tower (LAC 15201) and we’d be able to correlate the time to where we were on the road.

The Teller County Sherriff graciously contacted AT&T to run the other to phone logs. Unfortunately, AT&T would not release the phone records even though both cell phone holders gave permission….!!!??? AT&T replied that they could not do this because the lives of those phone holders were not in danger…!!!??? Unfortunately, we hit a roadblock.

The parties then contacted the Westminster Police Department where jurisdiction exists and the original phone logs were retrieved. To retrieve Jeremy’s phone log the night before, they had to persist in their efforts for 4 hours to prompt the police to help. Returning calls to the PD this time met a dead end because, according to the police, a subpoena for the AT&T info cannot be issued due to the fact that this is unlikely a criminal case…

Currently (Sat night) many searchers are going to rest as they’ve been up since 5 a.m. Friday morning. However, some of them are returning to the police department to see if pressing for the new phone log info will help. Additionally, a Private Investigator has been contacted by the family but it is unknown at this time if he will be able to work with the DA to force AT&T to release the phone records that could help locate Jeremy.

Friends and family, through a broad effort, will be able to mobilize such resources such as an airplane, ATV’s, hikers and mountain bikers if we are able to localize the search near the unidentifiable tower.

Thankfully, Channel 7 has agreed to interview the family and will televise it tomorrow.

Please keep Jeremy in your thoughts and prayers and if you have any ideas or know how to make influences in this matter, please post them here and someone will contact you. Thank you so much for your help!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:14 pm

The Teller County Sherriff graciously contacted AT&T to run the other to phone logs. Unfortunately, AT&T would not release the phone records even though both cell phone holders gave permission….!!!??? AT&T replied that they could not do this because the lives of those phone holders were not in danger…!!!??? Unfortunately, we hit a roadblock.

The parties then contacted the Westminster Police Department where jurisdiction exists and the original phone logs were retrieved. To retrieve Jeremy’s phone log the night before, they had to persist in their efforts for 4 hours to prompt the police to help. Returning calls to the PD this time met a dead end because, according to the police, a subpoena for the AT&T info cannot be issued due to the fact that this is unlikely a criminal case…

That is absolutely ridiculous! I hope the PI can help, but IMO..the police have the power to get the info from AT&T or any cell phone company.

The fact that this is not a criminal case (that we know of) is moot. This man is missing. It is imperative that the cell records/pings be released if it will in any way help in finding him.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Thank you David and welcome to VH! I've heard from several people today that are heading to Woodland Park to assist in the search tomorrow. We are fortunate to have so many caring people that are helping to find Jeremy.

Where I work, we've run into problems with them not giving information out for emergency--911 calls so emergency responders could locate patients. I will check with the individuals that worked on those issues for us to see if there may be another way they can think of to get that information.

Lots of prayers going up for Jeremy, his family and friends!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Wrapitup wrote:

That is absolutely ridiculous! I hope the PI can help, but IMO..the police have the power to get the info from AT&T or any cell phone company.

The fact that this is not a criminal case (that we know of) is moot. This man is missing. It is imperative that the cell records/pings be released if it will in any way help in finding him.

Aside from rules, regulations and jurisdictions, bottom line--releasing the records is the right thing to do. They would be doing it in good faith that someone may be in danger. Sometimes common sense and/or humanity is just lacking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:59 pm

I have a friend that is a manager for another cell phone company in Denver. He's going to see what he can find out or come up with rules/regulations wise that may help the family get those records. Keep your fingers crossed everyone!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:02 am

I also contacted someone I know that works on cell towers. He didn't know a way to look up that tower number, but is going to try to find out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:31 am

Those wanting to help with today's search:

Teller County Sheriff's Office, 11400 West Highway 24/P.O. Box 27, Divide, CO 80814 (719) 687-9652 Fax (719 )687-7927

You can PM me for a number to the family for specific details on how you can help.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Its probably a long shot, but I sent a request to the admin of the website Antennasearch.com. to see if they can do a cross reference of the the LAC 15201 against their data base. They have information on several million cell antennas and towers, many of which are unregistered. When you do a search, you can actually run a report which will come back with a excel spreadsheet which includes the cell tower ID number. The problem is, you have to isolate a 4 mile radius which can be a bit difficult when the region is so remote. This is why Im hoping the admin of the site can run a more sophisticated search against their data base. Hopefully they wil be willing to help.

If they can actually give additional information on the LAC 15201 tower, I will be happy that it may help find Jeremy, but at the same time, I will be a little pissed that I can do more to find information on cell towers online than the police department and the actual cell phone company can provide or acheive.

This information has to be out there, and there have to be people capable of resolving it.

Hope they find him soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Chad, Thanks so much for this help and idea. I just got an update that the Westminster PD did get AT&T to release the data for the phones that were used to locate the unknown tower. It sounds like they were able to narrow down the location to Hwy 67 near the Douglas and Teller County lines.

They are requesting the help of anyone that can drive around in that area to check in with the Teller County Sheriff (per the info two posts above) as they are coordinating the search and will be able to direct people to areas that haven't been covered.

His car was not an off-road vehicle so it should not be too far down a jeep road or too hard to find.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Could he have sold his car for some cash to get away?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next