Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

+7
TerryRose
charminglane
misshesitation
lisette
Nama
CritterFan1
Wrapitup
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by charminglane Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Could he have sold his car for some cash to get away?

charminglane

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Anything is possible, but that would be very uncharacteristic of Jeremy.

A friend has set up an account to help with donations for the family in their search.

Family is very concerned that Jeremy was in an accident and is out there in woodland park area injured. It would be very uncharacteristic of Jeremy to not communicate his whereabouts and what he is doing if he was able to do so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:22 pm

This is my first post. Does Jeremy have a father or close relative that is fighting cancer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? The reason I ask is because a few months ago I saw a man that looked identical to Jeremy with an older man at chemotherapy. Please
let me know. Thank you
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 pm

No, Jeremy's dad lives in Nebraska.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:08 pm

I have read all of the above posts and am sorry that I live too far away to be of much help, but a few things come to mind while reading them: To me, he resembles a young John Travolta, so I would be on the lookout for a Travolta look-alike in a black car. Secondly, it seems to be out of character for him not to inform his employer that he would be away if that was his intention. Thirdly, taking no supplies for an excursion and letting his cell phone die and not charging it does not bode well for his having planned this just to get away for awhile. God speed all in finding him since he might be in need of medical help right now.
Welcome to all his friends, please keep us posted.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Jeremy's Dad...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Is Jeremy's dad Ted Griess from ?? Minden, NE?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:16 pm

uncanned6pack wrote:Is Jeremy's dad Ted Griess from ?? Minden, NE?

Yes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 am

Faithful wrote:This is my first post. Does Jeremy have a father or close relative that is fighting cancer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? The reason I ask is because a few months ago I saw a man that looked identical to Jeremy with an older man at chemotherapy. Please
let me know. Thank you
Welcome faithful to VH.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 am

notlameguy wrote:I don't know his roommate or relationship to him, only that he had one once he and his ex-wife had formally separated.

As I mentioned and which has been mentioned above, lift high hope that he's okay, alive and coming back. He's just checked out in a most complete, across the board manner this week. I know *I* can relate to the thoughts of just wanting to completely dis-engage from intensity and inflow of life's problems sometimes and it makes sense to me(and I can see Jeremy doing this, as well) to just.....well, "Go"...for a bit. Unplug the phone, hit the mountains, find a cheap hotel, eat bad food and wrestle with myself, push for perspective, pray and push forward once again.....then come on down when it all made better sense.

It's all our hopes that is the situation here.....
Not Lame Guy, I know the feeling of wanting "to check out", we all do. But to let it go on this long knowing his family is worried, I just do not know. I would be worried he ran out to the store and had a wreck. I pray he is found alive.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am

Hiker is missing in the Woodland Park area

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 2:01 p.m.

TELLER COUNTY, COLO. -- Westminster Police are asking for the public's help with information on a missing hiker.

Jeremy Griess disappeared on April 11, 2010, from his home in Westminster. Jeremy is 39 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 165 pounds, has dark brown/black hair and hazel eyes. He has a faint scar above his lip.

Griess' family believes he was last wearing jeans, a t-shirt and boots. He is driving a 1999 black two-door Honda Accord with a bike rack on the roof (CO tag 940 JSE).

Until Saturday, his family had no information on his whereabouts. However, using cellular phone data technology, they now believe he is within a 20-mile radius of the AT&T cellular phone tower in Woodland Park, most likely the northwest, west or southwest sectors.

Based on areas he frequently visited, they believe the most logical search areas are the following:

* Along Highway 67, between Deckers and Woodland Park

* Along Highway 67, between Divide and Triple Creek

* On highway 24, between Eleven Mile State Park and Woodland Park

Search efforts Sunday are being coordinated from a public parking lot directly in front of the Teller County Sheriff's office, located on Hwy.24 in Divide. The family requests that anyone interested in helping search for Jeremy meet at the parking lot after 11:30 MST to better coordinate efforts.

The family understands that it is not uncommon for someone to "go missing." However, they say this is very uncharacteristic of Griess, who is an excellent communicator. "We are deeply concerned that he is injured, and we are desperate to find him before we run out of time. We have a lot of ground to cover," said sister Amy Cannella.

Anyone with information in this case can contact the Westminster Police Department at 303-658-4360 and reference case number 2010 6054.

Information provided by Jeremy Griess' sister Amy Cannella.

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=445256
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 am

Search Crews Look For Missing Man In Teller County
Dozens of friends are mapping out where to look for Jeremy Griess while the family clings to hope that they will find him.

Posted: 11:27 PM Apr 18, 2010
Reporter: Marybeth Brush
Email Address: mbrush@kktv.com

No one has heard from 39-year-old Jeremy Griess in a week. Family and friends are arriving from out of town and out state to help look for him in Teller county. Griess is familiar with the outdoors but his family is worried for his safety. "A lot of messages and texts were sent and just nothing was returned," says Tony Griess, Jeremy's brother.

So, Tony contacted Jeremy's cell phone provider looking for clues. The Griess family tells 11 News that Jeremy's love for the outdoors brought him to Teller county, and they know this because they traced his last known cell phone signals. "We've been working hard with AT&T and we've actually used other cell phones to localize towers ... and we believe we got it pinpointed to Woodland north to Deckers," says Tony Griess.

His sister Cassandra Kanter says it's very unusual for Jeremy not to call. "Jeremy is the most precise person always, ya know, lets us know things and is detail-oriented ... just odd for him all of a sudden to not communicate with anybody," says Kanter.

Dozens of friends are mapping out where to look while the family clings to hope. "I just want all the eyes and ears out there that are living around here to look for him and his car. I just have a feeling in my heart that he is there and he needs someone to find him," says Kanter.

Jeremy's sister believes if they find his car, they will find him. Jeremy's car is a black 1999 two-door Honda Accord, with a roof rack. The Colorado license plate is 940-JSE.

If you have any information on where Jeremy Griess is or if you see his car you are urged to call the Westminster Police Department at (303) 658-4360.

VIDEO Link: http://ww2.kktv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?clipId1=4713732&flvUri=&partnerclipid=&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=PLAY%20VIDEO%3A%20Search%20For%20Missing%20Man%20In%20Teller%20County&d1=171100&redirUrl=www.kktv.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv&rnd=45785812

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/91445179.html

It's good to see more media attention to help find Jeremy. Another friend is trying to get the search for Jeremy on Fox.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 am

Wonder if any flyovers have been done? Or is it too wooded to help?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Search continues Monday April 19th, 2010

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:54 am

Today April 19th, the area of search is now a 15 mile radius. The sheriff department is assisting in addition to the civil air patrol, but the weather is not cooperating. Family is exhausted but will be going out again this morning after a few hours sleep. Please keep Jeremy, his family and friends in your prayers!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 am

I spent the day yesterday in the search area - mostly 4 wheel stuff, logging roads, remote county roads, high country ones that ended as dead ends because of snow....it was a good day in area of having a solid pin=pointing of where his last known location was and isolating it - breaking it down. Monday should have begun with less area to cover.....

I was in a remote area he is known to travel through that was devastated by a huge fire 10 years ago - and did see a plane fly over that I believe was from the Colorado Air Patrol - it was so close, it felt like I could have touched it.....

Expect good news w/ finding the car soon and bringing Jeremy out of there........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 pm

On Sunday 4/18 three of us drove from Denver, covering Highway 67 from Sedaila to Deckers. At West Creek, two of us covered West Creek Road all the way back to Hwy 67 and another covered the highway to Woodland Park.

Once we all arrived in Woodland Park, we met up with the family / search party, and continued our search around Rampart Range. The three of us searched the following roads:

CR 22
Rampart Range Road - To the gate closure
Forest Road 312
Carrol Lakes Road
Forest Lakes Road
Forest Road 314
Forest Road 315
Forest Road 320
Forest Road 322
Forest Road 323

No sign of Jeremy or his car, but we passed out several flyers.

Good luck to the search party, it sounds like they have at least narrowed down the area and focusing their attention on certain areas. I can only imagine how tired and worn out the family is, as I am sore from head to toe riding the motorcycle through all that area.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:56 pm

I am so impressed with all of the effort to find Jeremy. I am keeping him and family in my prayers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:07 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with Jeremy and his family.

Am I missing something though? AT+T doesn't know where this cell tower is? WTH? If it went down, I'm sure they'd locate quickly enough!
frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

I agree with Frogs. What is up with this cell tower? Anything new in getting AT&T to release records?

Jeremy certainly has many loving friends. I hope he is found safe. He needs to know how special he is to so many.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:56 pm

From www.jeremygriess.com

Jeremy Griess Missing since 4/11/10, Westminster, CO
Help us find Jeremy Griess

The family appreciates everyone that came out yesterday to look for Jeremy. Unfortunately, despite a great effort, we did not find Jeremy or his car. There is not currently an organized search, but we appreciate anyone who wants to keep looking in the area. Please notify the Westminster Police Department at 303-658-4360 or the Teller County Sheriff’s office at 719-687-9652 with any information.

Thank you!

Written by lmwong

April 19, 2010 at 11:14 am
Posted in Uncategorized

If you are planning on mountain biking today and live in this area, or you need an excuse to get off your butt, PLEASE COME AND HELP. We have narrowed the area to Hwy 67 between Woodland Park and Deckers, Rampart Range Area (see google map below). Please check in to the command post located in front of the Teller County Sheriff’s department as we are keeping track of the areas already covered.

Teller County Sheriff’s Office, 11400 West Highway 24/P.O. Box 27, Divide, CO 80814 (719) 687-9652 Fax (719 )687-7927.

Jeremy is an avid mountain biker and although he did not take his bikes, it is believed he knows these trails well and might have gone for a hike. We need as many people as possible to ride these trails.

And be on the lookout for his black honda 2 door with bike racks!

Written by lmwong

April 19, 2010 at 10:06 am
Posted in Uncategorized

Last Cell Tower Coordinates

38.98624 -105.06916

Jeremy’s Blackberry was last pinged on Wednesday 4/14 at this cell phone tower.

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Google10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I agree with Frogs. What is up with this cell tower? Anything new in getting AT&T to release records?

Jeremy certainly has many loving friends. I hope he is found safe. He needs to know how special he is to so many.

David wrote Sunday April 18th:
"I just got an update that the Westminster PD did get AT&T to release the data for the phones that were used to locate the unknown tower. It sounds like they were able to narrow down the location to Hwy 67 near the Douglas and Teller County lines."

All of your concern and prayers and everyone's help is incredible. You're right, Jeremy and his family is very special to a lot of people. Thanks!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Official Website

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Please refer to: http://www.jeremygriess.com for updates. The family has established that website as an official source for information regarding Jeremy's case.

Thank you for your help.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Friends of Jeremy sending our Prayers to the searchers

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 pm

I have been friends of Kelli and Jeremy and was actually in their wedding. Living in Omaha, I am sending my prayers to Jeremy's family and my dear friend Kelli, his ex-wife. In reading some of these posts, I wish some of you could know how greatly this is impacting Kelli. Jeremy's wife of 11+ years has had to deal with having been diagnosed with colon cancer last year, batteling fiercely with the help of Jeremy and her family for over a year, an unwanted divorce and ongoing health issues today as a result of the invasive surgeries and procedures she has had to endure as a result of the cancer. I am embarrassed for the person who felt it was okay to post the ill informed comments on this site and only wish you knew the real story. Regardless, this is a terrible situation for all of us who care for and appreciated having Jeremy in our lives.. INCLUDING his ex-wife, Kelli who was his best friend for many, many years.. I have said what I have to say and hope folks who don't really know the couple will keep praying but keep your personal commentary and hear-say to a minimum. Thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Curious if the unknown tower is simply an off-grid tower operated by the military as there is a nearby Air Force base? Just a thought. Can't figure out any other reason why ATT would be so hands-off.... Who knows.. Just feel very helpless being here in Omaha and unable to help with the searching.. My prayers are going out in force that Jeremy is found safe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:54 pm

lmwong wrote:Please refer to: http://www.jeremygriess.com for updates. The family has established that website as an official source for information regarding Jeremy's case.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for posting the website. Kudos to whoever built it.
Victor1a your post really brought tears to my eyes. How sad for her. Thanks to all of you sharing in your search for Jeremy with victimsheartland. It is very touching.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Victor1a, thank you for your post. And thank you for bringing awareness to us reference Jeremy's ex-wife. I know this has got to be so tough!

To Jeremy's family & Kelli:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. Please keep us apprised of Jeremy's status and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Victor1A, I personally do not think the reason for the divorce is important enough for any of us to concern ourselves with here, unless, of course, it becomes an issue to law enforcement at some future time. Let us hope that Jeremy will be found and will be okay and that is primarily what everyone here at VH cares about, not what kind of a wife he had or the reasons for his divorce from her.

Welcome to VH. We aren't typical bloggers here. We don't believe in slander and name-calling here. We find ourselves drawn to each other as a group because we care about children and others who are victims of crime. When you get to know us better, you will find this group is made up of many fine people who don't indulge in or condone insult or vicious slander.

Last edited by TerryRose on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelling of member's name.)
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Yes TerryRose that is intuitive. My comments were directed at an earlier post by notlameguy in reference to my friend which you may not have read. I agree, this is NO place for hurtful comments nor is it the time. Thank you. :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I hope that all that come to this site realize how fortunate we are that someone created this topic to help find Jeremy. If it hadn't been for this site, there's at least 11 of us guys, just that I know of, that wouldn't have had the information we needed to help the family in the search for Jeremy. We know and care about Jeremy, but we had no idea who to contact so we could help search for him. Some of us don't know Jeremy's family. Some of us don't know Jeremy's ex-wife. But that's not the point. We know and care about Jeremy.

I am in awe of the two individuals here that were bashed by another member a couple days ago. Despite what was said about them, they remained focused on the task at hand which is to get information out and find Jeremy. I just want to recognize and thank withpurpose and notlameguy for not engaging in that behavior and for continuing to provide information and encouragement.

The family has created a site now, and that is really great. I will be looking for updates on that site. However, there are a lot of great people here that have done an awesome job of sharing information in order to help in the search for Jeremy. I hope you guys (and gals) will continue to share information here like you have been.

Thank you and bless you all as we unite in prayer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Family Still Has Hope That Jeremy Griess Will Be Found

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Family Still Has Hope That Jeremy Griess Will Be Found
The Griess family believes 39-year-old Jeremy Griess went missing in Teller county more than a week ago. They are anxiously searching for any clue to his whereabouts.

Posted: 7:02 PM Apr 19, 2010
Reporter: Marybeth Brush
Email Address: mbrush@kktv.com

A Colorado family is anxiously searching for any sign of 39-year-old Jeremy Griess. The Griess family believes he went missing in Teller county more than a week ago. No one has heard from him since Sunday, April 11th. Based on the last traces of his cell phone, the family is centering their search on a 20-mile radius around Woodland park. The family is hoping more people volunteer to help find Jeremy.

Rosa May is a waitress at Jo-Mama's Pizza and Pasta, in Woodland Park. She empathizes with the family and wants to help find Jeremy. "The family members came in very upset, brought in fliers, saying last time they saw him was on such and such day, and he's not normally a person who would disappear, so they're scared something majorly bad happened to him," says May.

Cassandra Kanter pleads for help in finding her brother. "We are really counting on local people, that know the area, and that are out and about," says Kanter.

While the search still continues, many volunteers have had to get on with their lives and get back to work. Jeremy's father, Ted, is trying to cope with the pain of missing his son. "Every time I see a missing person report on television, I would emphasize and say ‘that is too bad,’ then I go on with my daily life. But when you are thrust into the situation yourself, you realize the pain they go through," says Ted Griess.

The family believes a key to finding Jeremy is finding his car, which is also missing. It's a 1999 two-door Honda Accord. It's black with a roof rack on the top. The Colorado license plate is 940-JSE. To see a picture of the car, click on the photos tab at the top of this story.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/91561134.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 am

Victor1a wrote:Curious if the unknown tower is simply an off-grid tower operated by the military as there is a nearby Air Force base? Just a thought. Can't figure out any other reason why ATT would be so hands-off.... Who knows.. Just feel very helpless being here in Omaha and unable to help with the searching.. My prayers are going out in force that Jeremy is found safe.

Right on Victor1a!!! That may be the unknown tower. With that understanding, the family is focusing the search on Rampart Range from an area North of Devils Head down to Woodland Park. Praying today is the day Jeremy is found!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:54 am

Some hopeful news this morning, folks from http://www.jeremygriess.com/
++++++

The unknown tower Jeremy may have hit might have been the air force tower which could be why we were facing resistance from AT&T. With that in mind we are now saying to focus the search on Rampart Range from an area North of devils head down to Woodland park, with the greatest focus on the inner 2/3 of the route.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:08 am

Important New Info This Morning just in:

This just posted on the main site: http://www.jeremygriess.com/

Someone from Victor, CO recalls Jeremy’s car sitting at the corner of Victor and 3rd about a week ago. She said she really remembers the bike rack. He was headed toward Phantom Canyon on Country Rd 67. This road has very steep drop offs. Based on that information we are also focusing our search efforts today on: Country Rd 67 from Victor to Canyon City.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 am

http://www.takemytrip.com/colo/76a.htm
http://www.stevegarufi.com/rampartrangeroad.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:20 am

A friend that is a Captain in the Commissioned Corps has said he will put out a notice to the Commissioned Officers Readiness Force to see if there are any of them that can assist with the search. With their experience and training, they could be very helpful. It's a long shot, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm

I cannot understand why the car has not been spotted.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty County Road 28

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Has anyone had the chance to go down county road 28 (CR28), south east of Woodland Park?

Thanks
Gabe Griess (Cousin)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty County Road 28 (CR28)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Has anyone had the chance to go down county road 28 (CR28), south east of Woodland Park?

Thanks
Gabe Griess (Cousin)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

I have a question for the Mountain biking friends of Jeremy's on this site who are familiar w the trails and roads in area... I realize there are many cliffs and ravines.. Is it likely, in this area, that a vehicle could have a fall or accident and not be visually detected for this long? Also of interest would be any data or statistics we could from the Parks authority or CO Dept of Roads on the area in question! They keep this data on vehicle accidents, locations of the accidents, hazardous roadways etc... In short, may be another tool to narrow down the searching efforts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:24 pm

I am not 100% here but it was my understanding that he did not have his bike with him when he left - he did not take anything that yielded any clues that he was doing anything specifically outdoors(for example, he took none of his fishing stuff), other than possibly hiking.

The search party has been looking over cliffs and ravines along the roads for the car, though...I spent a lot of time in Sunday getting out on forest roads looking over particularly dangerous turns and I know others were as there is the very real possibility that he could have lost control of his car along one of the roads he was driving.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Some of the areas it is very difficult to see down in the canyons and ravines. So it is possible a vehicle could go over and be extremely difficult to spot. That's what makes air patrol so helpful in this case. They can often see from the air what can't be seen on the ground. A pilot did do a search over the areas yesterday, but didn't see any sign of the vehicle. Many of those roads aren't regularly maintained.

Gabe, Welcome to Victim's Heartland! As you can see there are a lot of people here that care about Jeremy and his family and friends and his safe return home. I know some of the members here, as well as some guests that have been watching the site, have helped in the search, so I hope you receive an answer to your question soon. I am so sorry for what your family is going through right now. Jeremy and his family have a lot of love and support out there. There are still some people out there that want to help, but maybe can't help in the search, and aren't sure how they can be of help. If there are ways outside of the search efforts that you become aware of (like equipment needed, people to open up their homes for searchers to stay, someone to just take phone calls, etc), if it can be posted here and/or on the main site for Jeremy (www.jeremygriess.com) then perhaps some of the others that can't search can be of help in another way.

There has been a great increase in the media attention in Colorado and Nebraska (Jeremy's home state) which is wonderful and seems to have led to a couple of possible leads. I won't post all of that here as they all pretty much say the same thing and they are all linked on the main site.

News from the main site (www.jeremygriess.com) today:
"The family is working on an important lead at this time that may change our search efforts. We are currently making every effort to validate this lead before asking for volunteers to search the area, but we ask all volunteers to standby. We continue to ask for everyone to keep a look out for Jeremy and his car. The family appreciates all your thoughts and prayers and we continue to thank each and every one of you for your support. We hope to have an update this afternoon."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Prayers to Jeremy and all who love him. butterfly
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Midwife2theSoul Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 pm

I can't join the search tomorrow, but i will keep Jeremy and his loved ones in heart and mind. May he return safely...
Midwife2theSoul
Midwife2theSoul

http://www.gentlepasstimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Due to a winter storm warning and probable heavy snow overnight, in addition to heavy snow between Denver and Colorado Springs, we are postponing the Saturday search for now. We hope to resume the search 4/25, Sunday morning at 9 am. We will post an update between 4 and 5 pm tomorrow. We hope we can search this weekend, but need to make sure we are able to access small roads and that our search will be worthwhile. Please check the website tomorrow for details.

Thanks,
Chris Madden

http://www.jeremygriess.com/
This is bad news. I am so sorry to hear this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

griess - Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 2 Empty Man with York ties missing in Colorado

Post by Nama Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:23 pm

The family of 39-year-old Jeremy Griess continue to search for him after he disappeared April 11.

Griess has ties to the York area, says Art Roemmich who is a distant relative. He said the young man’s family originated in the Sutton community and he is related to the Hornbacher family in this area.

News reports from the Woodland Park, Colo., area say that Griess left his home to pick up some food and never returned.

Cell phone records show Griess’ phone last sent out a signal from Woodland Park. That’s where his family have been searching with dozens of volunteers.

He was said to be driving a 1999 black two-door Honda Accord with a Colorado license plate of 940JSE.

Investigators also say there has been no financial activity detected on Griess’ accounts since his disappearance.

If anyone has any information about the situation, they are asked to call the Westminster police at 303-658-4360.

There is also a Web site where information on the case is constantly updated, at www.jeremygriess.com. Concerned individuals may also leave messages for the family at the Web site.

http://www.yorknewstimes.com/articles/2010/04/24/news/doc4bd2da399b481877098596.txt
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:14 am

This is all very heartbreaking to see what the family and close friends are going through. I hope you all had a chance to get updates on www.jeremygriess.com. His mom wrote a beautiful letter to Jeremy. If you are the mother of a son, it will tear you up. There is such a special bond between mothers and sons and she has so eloquently exemplified this. Thanks to all for searching, watching, praying! Blessings to all!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Any news on the search for Jeremy?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Tears on my keyboard as I type this. Unfortunately, still no news on Jeremy. The search efforts this past weekend did not locate Jeremy or his car. I think the general feeling is that of hope that Jeremy just needed some time away and will come back when he's ready to take on the world again. The search has not stopped, but currently there are no organized searches. Updates related to the searches will continue to be posted on www.jeremygriess.com. I know some friends have tried to get his disappearance into the media in states in addition to Colorado (where he lived and was last seen) and Nebraska (his homestate). This has not been very succesful. The hearts of Jeremy's family and friends have been heavy with worry, but not one has lost hope. I know Jeremy's family and friends will never cease to continue looking for him until he comes home or is brought home. Please continue your prayers. It is no doubt that it is through faith, love and prayers that the family continues to have strength to continue in the search.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:30 pm

The site the family built to help in the search for Jeremy is really nice. I could feel his Mother's pain
reading her letter/post to Jeremy. I can't believe even his car disappeared. Thanks for keeping Jeremy story going on VH.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon May 03, 2010 10:32 pm

I couldn't find anything on the internet dated after the 27th of April. I hope someone that lives in the area will post something to let us know if there is anything new.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon May 03, 2010 11:15 pm

BJ in OR wrote:I couldn't find anything on the internet dated after the 27th of April. I hope someone that lives in the area will post something to let us know if there is anything new.
I tried too BJ and it looks like people have searched so thoroughly and are facing the issue of not being able to do any more. There is just nothing new on this case as of tonight, it seems.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:46 pm

That's correct TR. Some are still searching on their own, but there hasn't been any organized searches. I think we're all praying he just needed a break from life's stressors and will come back when he's ready. We all love Jeremy and the pain is palpable.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next