Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10

+14
jeanne1807
laga
TerryRose
lilypad
cherylz
mommyof3kids
Lilone
NiteSpinR
charminglane
misshesitation
adelacruz
CritterFan1
Wrapitup
Nama
18 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10 - Page 19 Empty Re: Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Baby Gabriel's mother due back in court today

by Catherine Holland
Posted on March 26, 2010 at 6:48 AM
Updated today at 7:08 AM

PHOENIX -- The mother of Baby Gabriel, the Tempe baby who's been missing for three months now, is due back in court this morning.

The last time she was in court, Elizabeth Johnson, 23, asked the judge to fire her court-appointed attorney. The judge denied that request.

Johnson faces a variety of charges including child abuse and kidnapping.

Gabriel was 8 months old when he was last seen in late December in San Antonio, and police don't know whether he's alive. A search of a San Antonio landfill was completed earlier this month, but uncovered no clues as to what happened to the baby.

Johnson, who has not cooperated with police in the investigation, has told stories, saying first the she killed Gabriel. She later that she gave him to a San Antonio couple.

Police say Johnson drove the boy to San Antonio from Tempe, stayed about a week, then took a bus to Florida without him. She was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and was extradited to Arizona.

Johnson has a history of refusing to leave her cell for scheduled court appearances. Today's procedure is an evidentiary hearing.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about Gabriel Johnson is asked to call 1-800-THE-LOST.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Baby-Gabriels-mother-due-back-in-court-today-89261932.html

Back to top Go down

Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10 - Page 19 Empty Re: Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Baby Gabriel's Dad Awarded Sole Custody

POSTED: 10:35 am MST March 26,2010
UPDATED: 12:23 pm MST March 26,2010

PHOENIX -- Logan McQueary was awarded sole legal custody of missing baby Gabriel Johnson during a custody hearing late Friday morning.

Elizabeth Johnson, Gabriel's mother, was not awarded any parenting time.

Gabriel was last seen with Johnson the day after Christmas in San Antonio, Texas. She now faces criminal charges of kidnapping and custodial interference in connection with the case.

During Friday's hearing, which was not connected to the criminal case, the judge and attorneys questioned Johnson about Gabriel's whereabouts; however, she invoked her fifth amendment right against self-incrimination throughout her time on the stand.

In December, the judge awarded temporary custody of Gabriel to his father, Logan McQueary, because Johnson did not show up for a hearing. Johnson left for San Antonio shortly after.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22966714/detail.html

http://www.kpho.com/video/22967709/index.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm

I don't really understand why they had to go through this little court circus. I mean obviously Logan would receive custody over EJ. They just wanted to get her out of her cell and on the stand again--not that there's anything wrong with that, in this case, but I'm sure that wasn't easy for Logan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10 - Page 19 Empty Dr.: "Mom", Elizabeth Johnson, Not Interested In Baby Gabriel

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:05 pm

POSTED: 9:38 pm MST March 26,2010
UPDATED: 11:02 pm MST March 26,2010

PHOENIX -- After viewing a video of Friday’s custody hearing about missing baby Gabriel Johnson, well-known Valley forensic psychologist Dr. Erin Nelson said Elizabeth Johnson didn’t appear interested in her child.

During the hearing, Johnson broke down in tears on the stand when Maricopa Superior Court Judge Michael McVey questioned her about Gabriel’s whereabouts.

Gabriel was last seen with Johnson in San Antonio, Texas, on Dec. 26. She was arrested a few days later in Florida and extradited to Maricopa County.

Upon advice from her attorney during the hearing, Johnson replied to each question by saying, “I invoke my right to remain silent.”

Judge McVey awarded Gabriel’s father, Logan McQueary, custody during the hearing.

Nelson said Johnson’s behavior indicated that her primary concern is not her son, but her own fate.

"The one thing I take away from today is that clearly Elizabeth Johnson is somebody who has her own interests as her number one priority,” said Nelson.

Johnson only became emotional when she was being questioned about issues that could impact the charges against her.

She did not visibly react when the judge awarded custody to McQueary and revoked her right to spend time with Gabriel.

“Her behavior doesn't bode well for her level of interest in the child,” said Nelson. "It is noteworthy that at the time that custody is awarded to the father, she is stoic."

Johnson still refuses to reveal what she did with Gabriel after she took him to Texas last December.

Nelson said that may not be an indication of guilt, but it could be a way for Johnson to retain control over the situation.

"For certain people, just that level of control can be intoxicating,” she said. “To have people all over the world hanging on your word, that's a pretty powerful place to be and that could a feeling she's not ready to relinquish.”

Nelson said nothing that happened in court Friday clearly indicates whether or not Johnson harmed her son, but the fact that Gabriel has been missing for almost three months is a concern.

“That amount of time without any significant hit or any that I'm aware of doesn't bode well for a happy ending,” she said.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22972837/detail.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:45 pm

I am glad to see some sympathy to Logan. His Son was stolen and either given away or killed. I know he is no saint but at least he cared enough about his Son to go for custody. So many Fathers just turn and walk away.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:26 pm

I wonder if LE could fool her by claiming to have found a body and are awaiting tests for identification, but indicate they believe it may be Gabriel, all the while watching and evaluating her response. This is so frustrating, knowing she knows the truth, but refuses to tell where he is.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Laga, surely there could really be a body found in San Antonio in the near future...I'm sure there will be murders or accidental deaths in which a body will be discovered....They wouldn't have to tell her it was a baby's body...They wouldn't be lying, but they could get her reaction...I think it's a great idea!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10 - Page 19 Empty Private Investigator Breaks Silence in Missing Gabriel Johnson Case

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Updated: Wednesday, 31 Mar 2010, 1:32 PM MDT
Published : Wednesday, 31 Mar 2010, 1:01 PM MDT

New information is coming out in the search for a baby missing since December: the family's private investigator breaks his silence.

Ken Gamble is the private investigator hired by Gabriel Johnson's father, Logan McQueary. Gamble believes Gabriel's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, did not hurt her baby, but rather brought him to a San Antonio, Texas park as she was told to do.

"We have been able to confirm through the investigation so far that this is the park where Elizabeth handed the baby to a couple." said Gamble. "That information is supported by her own handwritten notes in her journal. She wrote down directions to the park...she arrived..the couple was already sitting in the park so we now know they were sitting at one of those tables..they immediately got up and they greeted her. They said something to her which we are not revealing at this point to identify themselves."

Gamble is asking anyone in San Antonio who saw the meeting to come forward.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/missing_baby_johnson_case_033110
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:49 pm

The above post which quotes Ken Gamble gives us renewed hope that little Gabriel is being well-cared for.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 pm

TerryRose wrote:The above post which quotes Ken Gamble gives us renewed hope that little Gabriel is being well-cared for.
Let us hope so!!!!!!!!!! Fingers Crossed
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 pm

I sure hope this information is correct and they are getting closer to finding baby Gabriel. Was this journal of EJ's ever mentioned before? When did that surface? Did she typically keep a journal? If not, I would be suspicious that whatever was written in that "journal" was just to throw everyone off. Not very common for people to maintain journals anymore, and if I was going to commit a crime, I certainly wouldn't be documenting the information in a journal. I'm sure they've already checked out the authenticity of the journal. It also makes me wonder if the PI has uncovered other information, because I doubt so much would be held on the journal alone. JMO

I pray that this PI is being guided closer to finding baby Gabriel and he'll soon be reunited with his father.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:14 pm

Digital Billboards are now being seen around San Antonio, asking people for help locating Baby Gabriel Johnson.
As soon as I can find a picture of one I'll post it here. (unless BJ beats me to it of course!!!) The signs ask people with information on the missing child to call 1-800-The-Lost and mention the $5000.00 dollar reward that is being offered by SA Crimestoppers.
I personally think that if the reward was bumped up it would give people the incentive to come forward. Where is EJ's car? Perhaps it could be sold and the money used to help with that!

Sadly I don't think the couple who took him would have hung around long. I know that Logan is hoping to just one day cross paths with his baby but, I think San Antonio was just the meeting place to make the exchange.

As far as the journal is concerned, it could be something like a notebook where she was organizing her traveling plans.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:28 am

Well, if this is true, Gabriel is hopefully in a good, loving home, BUT you have to wonder about people that would adopt in this way...There must be a reason they could not adopt LEGALLY...Oh me, what a tangled web...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:59 am

I agree with you also, NiteSpinner. Makes me wonder if they came to Austin or just got out of Texas and possibly went to Mexico, as has been mentioned.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 am

lisette wrote:Well, if this is true, Gabriel is hopefully in a good, loving home, BUT you have to wonder about people that would adopt in this way...There must be a reason they could not adopt LEGALLY...Oh me, what a tangled web...
Maybe they couldn't adopt due to finances. Most adoption agencies make sure the couple is financially sound. Or, maybe they spent all their money on fertility treatments that didn't work. Or, maybe one of the parents did something stupid when they were younger and have a record. It could be a number of things.

One thing I do think is that either Tammi Smith or someone she knows helped draw up paperwork to make this adoption look legal.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:08 am

You're right Lisette, we can only hope that he is being loved and cared for as he should be.
Unfortunately there are many reasons why people can't adopt legally (finances, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, etc.) (and of course criminal histories.)
The fact that they haven't come forward makes them appear as shady characters. But that could be because the persons who arranged the adoption instructed them no matter what to stay quiet. Or perhaps the new parents don't read or speak English, don't have a TV and the guy that EJ was with in San Antonio was the Translator. :scratch:
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:45 am

WRAP I agree with your impression about Tammy.
I also think she skated around the Legal System a few times, started feeling a little too cocky and got careless with her actions. I'd bet money she has used the names of relatives on other paperwork.

Remember the Craig's List Babysitter saying she overheard an argument EJ was having with someone on the phone? I think we pretty much all agreed she was talking to Tammy Smith.

Do I think that EJ could be so vengeful against Logan that she would stay locked up to carry out some diabolical plan? NO!
I think EJ was over confident about her own intelligence. She thought she could get rid of the baby to hurt Logan and then just disappear. She didn't need to know the name of the people taking her baby because she never planned on getting caught.
not the brightest bulb afterall.
 Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10 - Page 19 1382011
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:56 am

No, not the brightest bulb and not what I would remotely call a "mother".
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:13 am

Quote from article upthread: "They said something to her which we are not revealing at this point to identify themselves."
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:06 am

If there is a couple that did illegally adopt Gabriel
what would be their incentive after all this time to come forward? None, I believe. If they were going to do the right thing after seeing EJ put in jail and also possibly be charged with murder they would have given up and come forward by now. They have not, so if this is true, and no one can prove it is, IMO, then EJ is sunk. LE is going to go after her for the highest charge that they can make stick and she is going to spend a lot of time in prison. She has no defense
and I dont see a posse of lawyers coming to help her!
There apparently is only one Casey Anthony case doesnt it seem? No one coming to help Misty Cummings or any of the other cast of monsters that we discuss on our site daily.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I would think that if someone were to adopt this little baby, that SOMEONE would see him around town.. unless he's not in the USA any longer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Problem with the adoption is "it is not an adoption". It is kidnapping. If Gabriel is out there the people that have him should be charged.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:50 pm

lalotobo wrote:completely agree! Someone who takes a child like this illegally is not a "good" person.

cool I agree with you. I have faith that one day if Gabriel is alive these people will be caught.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:00 pm

If they died his hair dark - and are from another state
I dont believe he will ever be found, if in fact he is alive, unless the police put out the word that they will give complete immunity to the couple who took him -
its the only way after all this time.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:43 pm

lindamarie wrote:Problem with the adoption is "it is not an adoption". It is kidnapping. If Gabriel is out there the people that have him should be charged.

I agree
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Yes someone took him illegally - if they were willing to go the illegal route would it matter to them what happens to EJ? I also wonder if they were really an inappropriate couple to take him in the first place that worries me a lot.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Missing Baby Gabriel Still Alive, PI Says
Baby Gabriel Victim Of Illegal Adoption, Ken Gamble Says

POSTED: 1:49 pm MST April 1,2010
UPDATED: 2:50 pm MST April 1,2010

PHOENIX -- Missing baby Gabriel Johnson is alive and probably the victim of an illegal adoption, according to a private investigator hired by the boy's father.

Gabriel was last seen with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson, in San Antonio, Texas, on Dec. 26. Johnson now sits in a Maricopa County jail on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference, while Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, continues to search for the boy.

Private investigator Ken Gamble, who has been aiding McQueary's search for several weeks, said handwritten notes from Johnson's journal indicate that she met a couple at Raymond Rimkus Park in San Antonio.

"I do believe he is alive because I do believe the meeting here occurred," Gamble said. "I believe a third party is involved. This is what the evidence is suggesting."

Gamble said he thinks the third party set up the meeting where Johnson gave Gabriel to the couple.

The man and the woman who took Gabriel were in their 30s or 40s, and the man was tall with short, dark hair, Gamble said. The woman was about 5 feet, 6 inches tall and had long, blond hair.

Gamble said the mystery couple probably knew the adoption was illegal.

"It's very unlikely that the couple don't know what's going on," he said. "They just have very strong beliefs about the child."

It's unlikely that Gabriel is still in San Antonio, Gamble said. The couple probably drove to Texas to pick up the baby.

Johnson has cooperated with authorities, Gamble said.

"She's made full admissions to police," he said. "At this stage, some of that information we can't discuss because it's still under investigation."
Gamble also said he's waiting for more information, including records and subpoenaed documents, but he's "very confident we can find out who was involved."

He believes finding the third party is the key to finding Gabriel, and he said that anyone with information as to the identity of this person or the couple should call the missing persons hotline at 800-THE-LOST.

"Someone out there knows," Gamble said. "Someone has enabled these people. Someone must realize that these people have taken in a baby recently."

http://www.kpho.com/news/23028193/detail.html?treets=pho&tid=26511763111813&tml=pho_4pm&tmi=pho_4pm_1_06000204012010&ts=H
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Johnson HAS cooperated w/authorities? REALLY?? So, what are they saying..that SHE has no clue who these people are that she handed off her baby to, or where they live? Oh, PLEASSSSSSE!!!

Third Party????? Tami Smith or someone else that Tami relies on for illegal adoptions. No brainer.

We need a smiley of a person tearing their hair out!!!! head bang

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 pm

artgal16 wrote:Yes someone took him illegally - if they were willing to go the illegal route would it matter to them what happens to EJ? I also wonder if they were really an inappropriate couple to take him in the first place that worries me a lot.
I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Has LE decided this is no longer a murder investigation? How and when do they consider her cooperative...like the time she refused to come out of her cell?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Tammi Smith and Elizabeth Johnson scheduled to go to trial Aug 9 to face criminal charges in the case of the missing Gabriel Johnson/ / Johnson said she killed her son Gabriel/ Audio of Elizabeth's call to Logan just released 12/14/10 - Page 19 Empty Gabriel Johnson update: Private eye says he found park where missing baby was given up

Post by Nama Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:02 am

The private investigator hired by Logan McQueary, the father of missing baby Gabriel Johnson, says he's found the park where the child was given away.

Ken Gamble told WOAI that Elizabeth Johnson, Gabriel’s mother, kept a journal that contained directions leading to Raymond Rimkus Park off of Huebner road and Evers Road in San Antonio, Tex.

This leads both Gamble and McQueary to believe that Johnson did not hurt the baby, but instead went to the park and gave the baby away.
Gabriel has been missing since December, when his mother fled the Tempe, Ariz. area with him. While on the run, she contacted McQueary saying she’d killed the baby by suffocating him. Later, after being arrested in Miami, she told authorities she gave Gabriel to an unidentified couple in a San Antonio park.
She is now charged with custodial interference, kidnapping, and child abuse in connection with Gabriel’s disappearance.
“We have been able to confirm through the investigation so far that this is the park where Elizabeth handed the baby to a couple,” Gamble said.
“That information is supported by her own handwritten notes in her journal. She wrote down directions to the park...,” Gamble continued. “…she arrived… the couple was already sitting in the park so we now know they were sitting at one of those tables... they immediately got up and they greeted her.”
Gamble is asking anyone with information to come forward and help identify the mystery couple, according to Fox News.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d1-Gabriel-Johnson-update-Private-eye-says-he-found-park-where-missing-baby-was-given-up-video
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 pm

New Leads Emerge In Baby Gabriel Case
Elizabeth Johnson Kept Journal While On Run

Pat McReynolds
Reporter, KPHO.com

POSTED: 11:02 pm MST April 1,2010
UPDATED: 9:49 am MST April 2,2010

TEMPE, Ariz. -- When Elizabeth Johnson refused to tell a judge what she did with her missing baby Gabriel Johnson at a custody hearing last week, the boy’s father was sitting just feet away, seeing his ex-girlfriend for the first time in months.
Watch: Baby Gabriel's Dad: We Will Find Him
Related: Missing Baby Gabriel Still Alive, PI Says
Every one of her denials was maddening to Logan McQueary, and Johnson refused to look him in the eye.

“I wanted Elizabeth to tell the truth when my lawyer questioned her and when the judge questioned her again. It looked like she really wanted to talk and I was just wishing that she would,” said McQueary.

But what he couldn’t get from her testimony, his private investigator has now found in the journal Johnson kept while on the run. She left written directions to Raymond Rimkus park on the morning of Dec. 27.

McQueary said they have evidence a third party arranged for Elizabeth to meet someone at a park bench at 10 a.m. that morning, and hand the boy off to a couple she’d never met.

“I know he’s out there and he’s alive and he got handed off to a couple and we pretty much believe we know who they are,” said McQueary.

That’s why Thursday, McQueary’s private investigator met with the San Antonio Police Department and gave authorities every bit of evidence they have gathered.

“I think we opened up their eyes a little bit more. I think we did point them in the right direction today,” said McQueary.

The FBI has even come forward, telling McQueary they want to do more to help in the search. But unless the San Antonio Police Department changes the case from a homicide to missing persons, the FBI can’t even open a case file.

“We’re really close. Closer than we’ve ever been,” said McQueary.

If the San Antonio Police Department changes the classification of the case, McQueary wouldn't have to count on the whim of the woman behind bars. With more resources, McQueary truly believes they will soon find Gabriel on their own.

“It doesn’t matter to me how much time she gets or how little time she gets. She can go along with her life and I can go along with mine. As long as I have Gabriel. That’s all I want,” said McQueary.

http://www.kpho.com/news/23032430/detail.html?treets=pho&tid=26511763111813&tml=pho_12pm&tmi=pho_12pm_1_02000104022010&ts=H
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:51 pm

I think that is a great and gives us hope!

IMHO, and I believe many of us have said this before...Logan needs to stop talking.

You can bet the couple who has Gabriel are reading the paper, going online and watching the news. I don't want them to go "on the run" & make this case harder than it is now.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:36 pm

OMG! This would be wonderful if they're really that close to finding this little boy!

“I know he’s out there and he’s alive and he got handed off to a couple and we pretty much believe we know who they are,” said McQueary.

I hope that's the case. Did anyone hear more on what EJ has told LE?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:24 pm

The FBI don't handle homicide cases? Since when? I hope the FBI reconsiders and will help Logan find his Son.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 pm

they should classify it as a kidnapping crossing state lines - thats FBI territory for sure
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

MCSO: Baby Gabriel Mom Assaulted Inmates
Elizabeth Johnson Sent To Psychiatric Unit

POSTED: 3:06 pm MST April 12, 2010
UPDATED: 3:34 pm MST April 12, 2010

PHOENIX -- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of still-missing Baby Gabriel, has become a management problem and was relocated to the psychiatric unit facility after assaulting two inmates.

Arpaio recently had said during media interviews that Johnson was a model inmate who had not created any problems.

Within the last week, however, Johnson was placed on Arpaio's controversial nutra-loaf program -- commonly referred to bread and water.

The loaves consist of nonfat dry milk powder, an assortment of fruits and vegetables, chili powder, and bread dough compacted into a brick-like loaf. The program gives inmates two loaves a day in isolation, rather than providing two regular meals consisting of a sack lunch in the morning and a hot meal in the evening.

Johnson submitted a document titled "My Advanced Directive's Will" to jail staff after several days on the loaf program and claimed she was starving because she refuses to eat the loaf, which she said was full of rotten vegetables and worms.

Jail officials said the letter prompted her transfer to the jail's psychiatric unit facility for evaluation.

The loaf program faced legal challenge in the case Bugoni vs. Coffman, which claimed it was unconstitutional punishment; however, when the federal judge granted summary judgment in favor of the Sheriff's Office on Friday, the issue was dismissed.

Arpaio said he started the loaf program 10 years ago as a means to prevent inmates from assaulting detention officers and other inmates.

"I will not tolerate prisoners abusing my officers and other inmates by throwing urine, feces or assaulting them," Arpaio said. "For that type of behavior, they will go on bread and water."

http://www.kpho.com/news/23129173/detail.html?treets=pho&tid=26511763111813&tml=pho_4pm&tmi=pho_4pm_1_06000104122010&ts=H

ROFLMAO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:51 pm

GOOD!! Maybe if you just give her b&w, she will finally talk!!

On the flip side, this shows she has quite the temper and it makes me wonder if she went ballistic on her little one. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:01 pm

How did she even get the opportunity to assault inmates? I thought she was being kept in isolation for her safety. Maybe that only lasted for awhile. Or maybe I'm thinking of another case. Perhaps she is becoming angry because they are getting closer to finding Gabriel...then Logan will have Gabriel...and she will rot in prison.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:42 pm

At least if she is taken to the psychiatric ward they will give her three meals a day in the hospital. But when shes goes back, she will back on the loaf I assume. Im not entirely on board with basically not feeding inmates.
I dont think she could assault to any degree the guards
but even if she did, then put her in solitary and dont let her out - pass her food through the slot and let her come out in handcuffs for her 1 hour to shower and exercise. Im not a fan of this Sheriff or his "rules"
but I know many people are. I think she should
be penalized in some way for her transgressions, I just dont think that these loaves are something any person should be asked to eat. I used to watch all those terrible black and white prison movies especially from the 1930's and I know things were brutal back then. I hope we have progressed since then, but I just dont like this idea of depriving some of nourishment. Prison food isnt very good in the first place, but to make her eat these loaves twice a day is too much for me accept.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm

She assaulted two inmates - one she sprayed windex
in their face, the other I couldnt find out about. Im sure they were ragging on her. They also said that she asked in this will to be buried next to her mother. I think they put her in the psych ward to make sure she doesnt try to commit suicide.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 pm

I'm not crazy about Arpaio either, but I have to admit, some of his tactics work. There are a lot of former "residents" of his that avoid a further life of crime because they don't want to go back. I don't like the idea of criminals living and eating better than citizens that are homeless and starving because they choose not to be criminals. I guess somewhere in between may make more sense. Although I don't necessarily agree, I fail to have sympathy for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Yes, waterboarding works too, but I dont believe in it.
I guess what Im saying, shes innocent until proven guilty but even if convicted, I think that prisoners need to be treated humanely. Fyodor Dostoevsky said
the degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons. I know making them eat the loaves isnt torture but for some reason, it just upsets me. I believe she is genuinely mentally ill - and maybe she gave her child away to have a better life - I dont know if we will ever know - but I also dont want to see her driven to kill herself in prison. There has to be better ways to adjust her behavior than by putting her on bread and water.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:48 pm

This treatment doesn't sound good to me either, not just because it seems harsh, but I don't see it being good for behavior modification. Taking away priviledges, like their cable tv, visitation, mail privileges, etc. would be more effective I think.

That phrase, "innocent until proven guilty" needs to be changed. It needs to be simply "not proven guilty". If a person commits a crime that person is in reality guilty from that point on, they are "not proven guilty" yet, but they are NOT innocent.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 am

I was watching a show on discovery or NatGeo... something like that on prisons. And they were showing how those loaves are made, they look like meat loaf.(maybe made differently in each prison, but from the sounds of it... Arpaio isn't the only one that uses this method of control). They are packed with nutrients and veggies and vitamins! The cook that made it even ate it and said "I think it's good... it's just the reputation that the prisoners don't like." Maybe it's just lacking some flavor, but I wouldn't classify it as cruel and unusual punishment.

Cruel and unusual punishment is filling your child with drugs and giving him away to strangers! I certainly don't feel sorry for her because she's not being given a turkey sandwich. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh to some, but maybe if she would take responsibility for her actions & confess, then she wouldn't have to eat the loaf and would be transferred to better quarters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:26 am

lalotobo wrote:I was watching a show on discovery or NatGeo... something like that on prisons. And they were showing how those loaves are made, they look like meat loaf.(maybe made differently in each prison, but from the sounds of it... Arpaio isn't the only one that uses this method of control). They are packed with nutrients and veggies and vitamins! The cook that made it even ate it and said "I think it's good... it's just the reputation that the prisoners don't like." Maybe it's just lacking some flavor, but I wouldn't classify it as cruel and unusual punishment.

Cruel and unusual punishment is filling your child with drugs and giving him away to strangers! I certainly don't feel sorry for her because she's not being given a turkey sandwich. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh to some, but maybe if she would take responsibility for her actions & confess, then she wouldn't have to eat the loaf and would be transferred to better quarters.

I agree
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next