Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl

3 posters

Go down

Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl Empty Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:44 am

Jun 30, 2010 8:02 PM CDT
Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl 12734010
TULSA, OK -- A judge sentenced a Broken Arrow man who raped a 5-year-old Broken Arrow girl in 2007 to life in prison.

Douglas Polk, Jr, 32, pleaded guilty after being charged with sexual assault, rape, lewd molestation and kidnapping in late April.
Broken Arrow Police say Polk abducted the girl from her front yard, sexually assaulted her, then dumped the girl - naked and bleeding - on a county road.
Polk was also charged with the sexual assault of another child.
During Wednesday's hearing, Polk was ordered to serve six life sentences; four for sexual assault, one for rape and one for lewd molestation. He was also ordered to serve 40 years on the kidnapping charge.
The judge ordered the sentences to be served consecutively.
During his sentencing hearing Wednesday, the girl who is now 8, testified in court.
On the other charges, the judge ordered Polk to serve one year in the county jail with all those sentences to be served concurrently.
A break in the case occurred in April, when Broken Arrow Police investigated an incident involving Polk and the rape of a family member.
"We worked heart and soul for many, many months and breathed and lived this case for a very long time." said Major Carole Newell, Broken Arrow Police.
After talking to Polk, they connected him to the BA angel case.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl Empty Re: Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Admitted Broken Arrow rapist gets six life sentences
One victim, now 8, says in court that she doesn't want him hurting anyone else.

SENTENCED ON MULTIPLE COUNTS
Doug Polk: He appeared to make no eye contact with a little girl, now 8, as she read a statement in court. The girl became known as the "Broken Arrow Angel" after being abducted, raped and then dumped miles from her home in 2007. Polk was sentenced to six consecutive life terms, plus 40 years.
By BILL BRAUN World Staff Writer
Published: 7/1/2010  2:25 AM
Last Modified: 7/1/2010  4:06 AM

An admitted rapist who heard from the "Broken Arrow Angel" in court was sentenced Wednesday to six life sentences plus 40 years in prison for crimes against that child and another girl.

Douglas Harold Polk Jr. "should not ever leave the penitentiary," Tulsa County District Judge Tom Gillert said before imposing seven consecutive prison terms for seven felony offenses.

Gillert sentenced Polk to life in prison on each of four sex-abuse counts, plus single counts of rape and lewd molestation. Polk got a 40-year sentence for kidnapping.

Polk, 32, of Broken Arrow, did not address Gillert or anyone in the courtroom gallery before the sentencing, but a small child directed a statement toward him.

"I don't want you hurting anybody else. That's why you should be in jail forever, so accept it," said the girl, now 8 years old, who has become known as the Broken Arrow Angel.

Polk appeared to make no eye contact with her as she stood and read her statement.

The girl, then age 5, was abducted from the front yard of her Broken Arrow home and raped in an alley before being dumped miles from her home in September 2007.

On May 7, Polk pleaded guilty to three counts involving her — first-degree rape by instrumentation, kidnapping and lewd molestation.

In a background report prepared by the Department of Corrections, the girl's mother wrote that "the image of my 5-year-old daughter lying on a table with the rape swab kits covered in her blood has been permanently seared into my mind."

The girl "has a new vocabulary thanks to Douglas Polk," the mother wrote. "It consists of abduction, trauma, rape, victim and various other words that no child should be forced to understand."

In a case involving a different girl, an 11-year-old relative of the defendant said in April that she was raped by Polk at a residence in 2006. She also said Polk engaged in sex acts with her this year, Broken Arrow police reported.

Concerning that girl — who did not attend Wednesday's sentencing — Polk pleaded guilty in May to four counts of sexual abuse.

During the sentencing proceeding, District Attorney Tim Harris argued that Polk "needs to breathe his last breath behind bars."

On Polk's behalf, Assistant Public Defender Brian Rayl asserted that Polk is remorseful and that by resolving the case in an expedited manner, "he did not put these children through court proceedings."

According to the DOC sentencing report, "Polk stated many times that he needed help but no one would help him. This is Polk's way of stating that it is the fault of others for not getting him the help that he needed."

Polk was charged April 30. He pleaded guilty a week later without the benefit of any agreement with prosecutors concerning his punishment.

Also on May 7, Polk pleaded guilty to committing four misdemeanors on April 16 — domestic assault and battery in the presence of a child, violating a protective order, interfering with an emergency phone call and obstructing an officer.

He pleaded no contest to an additional count of domestic assault and battery in the presence of a child.

On the misdemeanors, Gillert imposed five one-year jail terms that run concurrently with each other and with Polk's prison time.

Polk has a previous felony conviction for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon that resulted in a three-year suspended sentence when he pleaded guilty in 2006.

The Broken Arrow Angel’s written statement

You need to respect your punishment, that was a bad thing you did.

I don’t want you hurting anybody else that’s why you should be in jail forever, so accept it.

God made you but you are not like God’s person, you are the devil’s person.

You should have been on God’s side and this would never have happened.

Back then I was the little angel fish and you were the great white shark.

Now I’m the great white shark and you’re the little clown fish.

I’m going to forget all about you and go on with my life how I want it to be without any bad person stopping me.

I was only five years old, now I’m eight.

I’m going to be what God wants me to be and nothing’s stopping me, especially you!

Read more from this Tulsa World article at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl Empty Re: Douglas Polk, Jr, Receives Six Life Sentences For Kidnapping and Sexual Assault Of Young Girl

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:47 am

The system failed again. What the heck was he doing on the street??
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down