Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl

2 posters

Go down

Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl Empty Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
September 13, 2010

Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl Bilde10

A Jackson man charged with raping a 5-year-old girl more than six years after the incident pleaded guilty today to two counts of child rape and has been sentenced to 20 years without possibility of parole, according to a court officials.

Jackson police charged Darius Amontee Cole, 20, with rape of a child after DNA evidence matched him to the rape, police have said.

Cole is serving a 10-year prison sentence for another sexual assault that occurred in 2004. He will that sentence in addition to the new 20-year sentence.

Authorities were able to match a DNA sample taken from him in prison to DNA from the rape of the 5-year-old. Police have said the rape occurred when the little girl was playing outside at a neighbor's house on Nov. 22, 2002, in the 300 block of East Forest Avenue.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl Empty Re: Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Thank goodness for the DNA databases that are being kept now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl Empty Re: Darius Amontee Cole, Sentenced to 20 Years in Rape of 5-Year-Old Girl

Post by laga Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:44 pm

I agree LM, a valuable tool. I wonder will the 20 years run consecutively or concurrently of the 10 years.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 pm

I hope it will be consecutively. How many children have to be hurt or die because the system was lax when it comes to crimes against children? nitespinr you post some interesting thought provoking topics. Your humor and insight here on VH is appreciated.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 pm

lindamarie wrote: I hope it will be consecutively. How many children have to be hurt or die because the system was lax when it comes to crimes against children? nitespinr you post some interesting thought provoking topics. Your humor and insight here on VH is appreciated.
What a very nice compliment to give me... but I still can't hold a candle to all you do here sweetums!
you rock
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down