Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

+19
Lilone
lorrie89
charminglane
Turtle
raine1953
concerned4all
Love4My5boys
mommyof3kids
misshesitation
adelacruz
NiteSpinR
CritterFan1
jeanne1807
artgal16
TerryRose
Nama
cherylz
Wrapitup
lisette
23 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Sauvie Island searcher: 'Bones, we're looking for bones'

Post by Nama Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 100310_sauvie_island_search2-crop

For the second day in a row more than 100 searchers combed an island north of Skyline School where Kyron is believed to have disappeared nearly four months ago.

This marks the largest Kyron-related search we've seen in weeks – with Monday being exactly four months since Kyron was driven to school by his stepmother Terri and then disappeared.

Searchers spent both Saturday and Sunday on foot, and sometimes using dogs, horses or even ATVs all over the island. Investigators had the Sauvie Island school doubling as a command post as the headed up a search they do not expect to last past the weekend.

On this balmy Sunday, searchers were instructed not to talk to the media or discuss their tactics. However, we did overhear one searcher with a dog – one of five dogs sniffing over Sauvie Island Sunday – say "Bones, we're looking for bones."

However, no one within the investigation will confirm what it is they're exactly looking for. They will only confirm there aren't any new tips making them spend the weekend searching this water-riddled island.

"By following up on and being thorough here we are getting closer," said Lt. Mary Lindstrand with the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. "I can't give you any specifics on when there will be a resolution, but it's steps. Step by step and we've got to make sure we get all those steps and be as thorough as possible."

While investigators can't say what searchers are looking for on Sauvie Island, it's obvious some piece of information – new or old – made them reassemble the largest search for Kyron we've seen in weeks.

Fund-raising tally rises
On Friday, Kyron's mother Desiree Young remained confident then that Kyron was still alive. (Watch the press conference.)

"He's out there," Young told news cameras on Friday. "We just need to bring him home."

She made a public plea asking for anyone to come forward with information, and she asked for the public to help raise the reward that's currently at $50,000.

As of Sunday, The Oregonian reported that $85,500 had been raised for Kyron-related efforts. Our assignment desk editor spoke to Desiree Young by phone Sunday afternoon.

Young tells us the fund raising breaks down to nearly $30,000 in a fund maintained by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office for search-and-rescue and investigation costs. In an interview with KATU Reporter Anna Canzano in September, Multnomah County Search and Rescue Coordinator Diana Olson identified this fund as a Bank of America account.

As of early September, none of the sheriff's Bank of America fund had been spent. At the time Sgt. Olson said it had not been determined whether the sheriff's office account would go toward reimbursing search and rescue costs that had already been incurred. It has since been decided that $8,000 of that fund will go to search and rescue costs, with the rest going into the sheriff's office general fund for investigation expenses, according to The Oregonian's Sunday report.

The reward fund reportedly was seeded by a $50,000 anonymous donation. Young tells us all reward-money donations are being handled by the sheriff’s office.

Young also said the Kyron Horman Foundation has received more than $8,000 to date from fundraisers and the sales of T-shirts and wrist bands. That foundation is organized by Young and her husband, Tony Young, along with Kyron's father Kaine Horman.

"It continues to be overwhelming the amount of people that show their support and are doing things for him," said Kyron's father Kaine Horman in a September KATU interview. "It's incredible."

Inmates repeatedly step forward
Also giving toward the cause was a group of inmates at the Oregon State Penitentiary in Salem. They raised more than $500, according to The Oregonian's report.

"Every dollar helps," Young told us by phone. "And here are prisoners who came up with an innovative way to help find Kyron.”

This is not the first time inmates at the Oregon State Penitentiary have gathered up funds to keep a child's memory, or in this case his search, alive. In January the story of a 2-year-old girl hit by a truck and killed in a Salem parking lot touched the hearts of prisoners at the state pen, who raised enough to ensure her a proper gravestone.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104248539.html

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:19 am

You know I still don't understand why Kaine nor Deseree would not give that man with the search dogs something with Kyrons scent.

He picked up the scent a long time ago and they would not give him anything.

Does anybody know why? Heck I would have given everybody and their brother anything to find my son.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Harry E. Oakes Jr./ International K-9 Search and Rescue Services

Post by Nama Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:51 am

International K-9 Search and Rescue Services
P.O.Box# 1472 Longview, Washington 98632 USA.

Hello, my name is Mr. Harry E. Oakes Jr. I’m the chief SAR Coordinator for International K-9 Search and Rescue Services.
We’re a professional K-9 SAR Dog team based in the state of Washington. We’re on call 24 / 7 to respond anywhere in the world to find missing persons...........................

http://www.k9sardog.com/missing_children.htm
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty pleas to Kyron’s family

Post by Nama Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:53 am

Kyron Horman, I’ve never met you. I’ve seen your smile in your photos your family has shared. I’m trying to bring your home. Safe where you belong. Holding out all hope that you may still be alive. I’m not alone in this quest. I’ve got MILLIONS of extra eyes out there trying to help. Mothers, fathers, their sons and daughters, law enforcement and volunteers from all walks of life. We’re all trying to bring you home safe.

The Captain from the Multnomah Co. Sheriff’s office made a promise to you and your family that,” he’s going to bring you home”. He made this statement while tears ran down his face on TV. This hit home. As a former police officer and as a parent; and now as a grand father. I feel his pain.
I’m not the sheriff’s enemy, I’m just one man of many trying to help the Captain whom I have a lot of respect and admiration for, keep his promise.

So Kyron please know, we have good men and women in uniform and out of uniform trying to bring you home. I can’t do this alone.

I’ve been sent thousands of prayers for strength and success. I can’t begin to tell you what this means to me. It’s priceless. I’ve received over 1000 emails since you’ve come up missing pleading for me to get involved and start my search for you. There’s a lot of folks out there who know my success stories. So now I’m taking time off work and trying to do just that. I’m doing everything I can to bring your case to and end and bring you home where you belong.

To everyone who has offered to help and to all of you who are helping; thank you.

We will continue our mission and try to find Kyron.

My pleas to Kyron’s family. Please help me understand why you won’t help you bring Kyron home? Why won’t you give me a scent article so my dogs can do their job and track Kyron?

I just don’t understand.

Harry Oakes

SAR Coordinator www.k9sardog.com

http://www.k9sardog.com/popup_kyron.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:45 am

Boy I wondered about Harry Oakes and his scent dogs for a long time.

If that was my son I would give everybody in the world a scent.

Harry said his dogs got a scent down by the water in the very early stages.

Too bad he didn't get to follow up. I am pretty sure it is way too late for Harry now.

What a shame.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:22 am

I am so confused with this case. First of all, Why wouldn't any parent give searcher's a scent of their missing loved one? That in itself raises my red flags.

Jeanne, I could not agree with you more. WHAT A SHAME!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Kaine waited for his daughter Kiara to take a nap and then took some time out from his Sunday to talk over the phone with KGW.

“I know people want an arrest. I know they want this thing to move along but what people need to remember is that the minute there is an arrest, the minute there are charges, the clock starts ticking and no one can afford to make a mistake. "If we're not ready, if there are holes, that would be tragic. We can't afford to let whoever was responsible get away with it. We have to be patient."

I think they are working overtime looking for Kyron's body so Terri Horman can be arrested and they don't want to arrest her unless they know it's going to stick. They need a body.... I don't think anyone is looking for a live Kyron.

Last edited by BJ in OR on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Kaine Horman made a statement that the family had given articles of clothing to LE. Why doesn't LE give the clothing to Harry E. Oakes? Something doesn't add up here.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Multnomah County plans another search next weekend of Sauvie Island for Kyron Horman

Post by Nama Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 8937240-large

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office hopes to carry out another search of areas of Sauvie Island next weekend in hopes of finding Kyron Horman, who disappeared four months ago.

“It depends on the weather and who we can get,” said Lt. Mary Lindstrand, spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office. “Most of the resources on the weekend are volunteers.”

On Saturday, nearly 170 people, including searchers on foot, ATVs, horseback and with dogs, scoured sections of Sauvie Island and then more than 110 people returned for a new search effort on Sunday. The searchers came from multiple agencies and nonprofit groups from Clark County to Marion and Yamhill counties.

The effort focused on certain areas, including the central part of the island, west of Northwest Reeder Road. No divers were used and buildings were not searched, Lindstrand said. Mainly, crews covered grasslands and areas thick with vegetation, such as blackberry bushes.

Lindstrand said the dog teams found coyote and deer bones but no sign of the boy, whose eighth birthday was Sept. 9.

“They didn’t find Kyron,” she said.

Besides the search effort, the sheriff’s office is finalizing the task force that will be in charge of the investigation. Lindstrand said several agencies have agreed to participate but that several others had declined, citing fiscal and personnel concerns.

“It’s really tight right now,” Lindstrand said.

Multnomah County will devote two detectives to the investigation. Lindstrand said the sheriff’s office will announce the makeup of the task force when it’s finalized, which she hopes is soon.

“It’s almost done,” she said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/multnomah_county_plans_another.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by annacanna Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 pm

annacanna wrote:
lindamarie wrote:anna i know you have been in contact with that family. What tip did you share with them or can you say? I am praying Kyron is found today.
Linda, Umm, I don't think I have ever been in contact with Kyron's family. I think you are thinking of my involvement with Sylar Newton. I wish I could ask them though.

I just sent a message to that Harry Oakes guy asking him to check out what I found, in case LE didn't.

Didn't get the help from Harry I was hoping for.
My friend and I found a boy's sweater on Sauvie Island. We talked ourselves out of believing it had to do with Kyron because they never said he was wearing a sweater. We took pictures but left it there.
Shortly after leaving we both were greatly regretting that we didn't call police because we were both overwhelmed with "What if it was his?". So we both called the tipline about the sweater.

After I heard nothing back from LE I kept being bothered by the 'What if' so I emailed Harry telling him also exactly where it was. I told him I hoped he would go find to tell me if LE had already located it.
He only responded by saying, "Sounds like a good lead, you should call the tipline"

ARRG! I already did! I called on Friday, then 160 Searchers were out there Sat. I just want some one to tell me if police got my tip or not!
annacanna
annacanna

https://facebook.com/cannard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:06 am

Ever since the HaLeigh Cummings case (who has been missing since 02/09 & has yet to be found) I do not have a lot of faith in LE & their searches. Maybe Multnomah County is different. I certainly hope so. I can name case after case where LE has (IMO) botched a search and/or have not been diligent in their search.

This Harry Oakes guy sounds like he comes w/a pricetag. If that had been me, I would have said to either go pick up the sweater and take it to LE or I would have myself. Complacent is the word that comes to mind in these searches. The only person who is NOT complacent is Tim Miller. I wonder why Desiree & Kaine have not contacted him?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Kaine Horman court filing: Terri's silence implies guilt/ Horman Divorce Case On Hold Till Jan.

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 am

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- An Oregon judge will hear two pending motions on Thursday from the father and stepmother of a boy missing since June.
Kaine Horman says he suspects his wife, Terri Horman, to be involved in the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman.
Kaine Horman has filed for divorce and a restraining order against her.
Judge Keith Meisenheimer will hear Kaine Horman's motion questioning the source of money Terri Horman used to pay her lawyer, Stephen Houze, an amount he claims totals $350,000.
Terri Horman's attorneys deny she paid that much.
Terri Horman says in filings that she will agree to a dissolution of her marriage, but is asking Meisenheimer to delay resolution of other issues, such as financial settlements.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine--Terri-Horman-due-in-court-for-divorce-hearing-104487169.html

Last edited by lisette on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:02 am

Divorce Proceedings To Continue For Hormans
Terri Horman's Lawyers Argued To Postpone Divorce
POSTED: 7:45 pm PDT October 6, 2010
UPDATED: 7:14 am PDT October 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The father and stepmother of Kyron Horman will continue their divorce proceedings in the midst of the search for the missing boy.
A clerk for Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer said an abatement hearing for Kaine and Terri Horman is scheduled for 9 a.m. Thursday.
No television cameras will be inside the courtroom for Thursday’s hearing. Meisenheimer also scheduled an afternoon session that would start at 1:30 p.m. if needed.
Lawyers for Terri Horman moved for abatement in August and argued to postpone divorce proceedings until the criminal investigation into Kyron's disappearance had ended. They claimed Terri Horman would not be treated fairly because of intense media coverage related to the search for the boy.
The issue remained unresolved and the judge ordered a new abatement hearing to take place.
Kaine Horman filed for divorce June 28. He also filed a restraining order against his estranged wife the same day on grounds that police gave him "probable cause to believe" Terri Horman tried to hire someone to kill him and was involved in Kyron's disappearance.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25309879/detail.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:08 am

This article has now been changed and does not say that a source is calling this a recovery effort:

Source: Kyron search now a recovery effort

Published: 6:42 am
Last Update: 7:58 am

(Lory Olson, KOIN )
The search for Kyron Horman has now become a recovery effort, a source tells KOIN Local 6.

Investigators still have not named Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, a person of interest, but new evidence could tie her to Sauvie Island, where searchers were seen last weekend.

Over 160 searchers combed parts of the island Oct. 2 and 3, and will be back on Oct. 9 and 10 to search for the boy.

One source told KOIN Local 6 that searchers were looking for the Kyron's body, after investigators were following up on cell phone pings from the area.

That source said those pings were linked to Terri Horman's cell phone back on June 4th, the day Kyron was last seen.

Investigators said they may be able to find new evidence because weather has changed, making some sections of the island easier to get to.

Also Thursday divorce proceedings and an order to show cause will be heard in a Multnomah County courtroom.

At issue: whether the divorce will be held in abatement and where Terri got the alleged $350,000 in attorney fees to pay Stephen Houze.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Source-Kyron-search-now-a-recovery-effort/TK8a5e4l6kamcz-eOG46Fw.cspx

Last edited by lisette on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Tweets from KATU reporter who is in the courtroom:

Neither Terri or Kaine are wearing their wedding Rings. At the last court hearing in August, Terri was wearing a band on her ring finger.
less than 5 seconds ago via web
KATU News reporter Dan tilkin is in the courtroom with Terri and Kaine Horman. Follow the developments on our... http://fb.me/HyvVSdrV
12 minutes ago via Facebook
Reporter Dan Tilkin is in the courtroom with Terri and Kaine Horman. Follow the details on Twitter. http://fb.me/B9pbNTFP
12 minutes ago via Facebook
Bunch says If judge delays divorce case, he will ask for restraining order changed to allow some visitation for Terri with Kiara.
14 minutes ago via web
Peter Bunch: “She will stipulate to an immediate divorce. If Mr. Horman wants to divide everything today, we’ll do that.”
20 minutes ago via web
Peter Bunch: “The danger to her is neither fanciful or imagined. There is no doubt she is in the cross hairs of the investigation.”
20 minutes ago via web
Peter Bunch, Terri's Divorce Attorney: “There is no doubt, whatsoever Miss Horman is the focus of the investigation.”
21 minutes ago via web
This is the first time they have been in same room since Kaine moved out in June after learning of murder for hire plot as far as we know.
21 minutes ago via web
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:01 pm

The search for Kyron Horman has now become a recovery effort, a source tells KOIN Local 6.
One source told KOIN Local 6 that searchers were looking for the Kyron's body, after investigators were following up on cell phone pings from the area.

The article no longer calls this a recovery search, so I am changing the title of this thread...However, I think they must be looking for remains, just are not wanting it reported that way.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Article now reads:

Investigators still have not named Terri Horman, Kyron Horman's stepmother, a person of interest, but new evidence could tie her to Sauvie Island, where searchers were seen last weekend.

Over 160 searchers combed parts of the island Oct. 2 and 3, and will be back on Oct. 9 and 10 to search for the missing boy.

One source told KOIN Local 6 that searchers were in the area following up on cell phone pings from the area.

That source said those pings were linked to Terri Horman's cell phone back on June 4th, the day Kyron was last seen.

Investigators said they may be able to find new evidence because weather has changed, making some sections of the island easier to get to.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Source-Kyron-search-to-continue-this-weekend/TK8a5e4l6kamcz-eOG46Fw.cspx
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

More KATU tweets from the courtroom:

Kaine Lawyer: “[Terri's] request for abatement serves her self interest over what is best for the children... which is timely resolution."
less than 20 seconds ago via web
Adds Thom Jensen: Cook says he got way too involved and tried to sever ties to K & T 4 to 5 days before the sexting story broke.
2 minutes ago via web
Court records say Cook began a sexual relationship with Terri shortly after Kaine moved out of their house 22 days after Kyron disappeared.
3 minutes ago via web
Mike Cook is outside the courtroom. He received a subpoena to testify. Cook is a high school friend of Kaine Horman's.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:35 pm

11: 20 Court has adjourned. Judge Meisenheimer says he will rule on abatement issue at 1:30. Then they will take up "Suit Money" issue: Where did Terri Horman get the $350k to hire her laywers?

11:18 a.m. Peter Bunch says this is the most complex case he’s encountered in Family Law.

11:17 a.m.: Peter Bunch: says Kaine’s lawyer has mounds of information from the investigation: “It is fundamentally unfair for Kitty (Kiara) and for Miss Horman for me to be hamstrung in the divorce case for the information I have compared to what they have.”

11: 15 a.m.: Peter Bunch: “The publicty that’s going on is not being driven by Ms. Horman, it’s being driven by Mr. Horman, when he tells national media there’s no doubt Ms. Horman is involved.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Terri Horman willing to agree to immediate divorce, with delay in settling custody issues to avoid self-incrimination
Published: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 11:30 AM Updated: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 11:30 AM
Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian
Terri Moulton Horman and Kaine Horman met in family law court for the first time today since Kaine Horman filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against his wife.

Terri Horman's divorce attorney, Peter Bunch, asked the judge to hold the divorce proceedings in abatement while the criminal inquiry proceeds, but Kaine Horman's attorney is fighting any delay.

Bunch argued that a parallel civil divorce case, while the criminal investigation proceeds into Kyron's disappearance from Skyline School, would jeopardize Terri Horman's Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself.

"Everything at issue in the divorce is fodder for the state in its forging of additional links in its evidence," Bunch said. "Virtually anything she says can be used by the state....The state has the ability to obtain every single information that is produced in this case and that is outside the bounds of what it could do were this proceeding not occurring."

Further, Bunch argued that if the divorce proceedings were allowed to proceed, he'd instruct Terri Horman to invoke her Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself.

"There's no doubt police will use what she says if she doesn't," Bunch told the judge.

Bunch also contends he'd be at a major disadvantage because the state and police aren't sharing their investigative material, not even allowing them to obtain a copy of a 9-1-1 call Terri Horman made in December.

"You've got Mr. Horman, who is getting regularly briefed by police," Bunch said. "I'm at a complete and utter disadvantage in this divorce case."

Stephen Houze, Terri's criminal defense attorney, said they have subpoened to depose the lead criminal investigator in Kyron's disappearance, Robert O'Donnell, and Rudy Sanchez, the landscaper investigators say was approached by Terri Horman to carry out a murder-for-hire plot.

Houze said he expects the district attorney's office to thwart that discovery. And if either side can't proceed with discovery, Houze argued that the civil case couldn't practically proceed.

Terri Horman is willing to stipulate to an immediate divorce, while asking the court to delay decisions on custody and parenting time for at least two years.

Yet, if a divorce abatement is granted, Bunch said he'd asked the court to alter the current "no parenting time" restriction Terri Horman faces to allow some type of supervised, reasonable contact between Terri Horman and her daughter, Kiara.

"She's the primary parent. That child needs to see her," Bunch said. "Her complete primary focus is her relationship with her daughter."

Kaine Horman's divorce lawyer, Laura Rackner, hasn't spoken yet this morning. She is expected to also argue for Terri Moulton Horman to disclose the source of her fees for high-profile criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze.

Kyron has been missing for four months. He was last seen at Skyline School early June 4 when his stepmom took him to school for a science fair. His stepmom Terri Moulton Horman is the last person to have seen Kyron that morning.

Although law enforcement has not publicly named a suspect, investigators have been intently focused on Terri Horman.

Kaine Horman filed for divorce June 28, two days after investigators informed him of an alleged murder-for-hire plot that his wife had discussed with a landscaper to kill him about six months before Kyron's disappearance.

Kaine Horman left their rural Northwest Portland home immediately, but has since forced his estranged wife out of the home.

Kaine Horman's divorce lawyer argued that the divorce proceedings need to move forward.
Rackner said Terri Horman's request to delay the civil divorce case is not in the children's best interest, but "it's about her concerns and what she wants for herself."
She cautioned the proceeding could be delayed indefinitely, which would not provide stability for the children. Rackner referred to both Kiara, the couple's 22-month-old daughter, and Kyron.
"In this case, we don't even have an indictment, so we don't even have a limit as to how long this can go on," Rackner argued.
Rackner's assisting attorney, Alex Nowlin, said they never indicated they'll be compelling testimony from Terri Horman.
"The Fifth Amendment does not give the right to delay a court proceeding because she's unwilling to testify," Nowlin said.
Terri Horman, dressed in a blue suit, sat between her two attorneys, while Kaine, wearing a white dress shirt and trousers, sat at the other end of a table, besides his two divorce attorneys. They avoided eye contact throughout.
The hearing broke at 11:18 pm. Judge Keith Meisenheimer said he'd rule on the motion to delay the proceeding at 1:30 p.m.
-- Maxine Bernstein

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/terri_horman_willing_to_agree.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Lisette excellent coverage. I feel like I am right there in that courtroom. Thank you..good job.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm

KATU News reporters werre in the newsroom and sent real-time dispatches to KATU.com.

Follow the Kyron Horman missing child case
NOTE: Newest posts appear at the top.

The hearing has ended. KATU will have more on this story at 4 p.m.

2:10: Judge's Reasoning: Proceeding would comprise Terri's 5th Amendment rights: “Some of these issues… may have changed significantly by then. The burden on Mr. Horman, while not insignificant, that’s still within the 8 months we normally try these cases.”

1:50: Judge delays ruling on the Horman divorce until January 6th.

1:45 p.m. Judge: “The court recognizes Mr. Horman finds himself in middle of any parent’s nightmare, any human’s worst nightmare, and that is true by just the fact than his son has disappeared, but to add to that worst nightmare is that police came to him in June and informed him they had probable cause, that in their view it was more likely than not that Ms. Horman was likely involved in Kyron’s disappearance and she had hired someone to kill him.”
1:36 p.m.: Terri Horman lawyers filed court documents that say the $350K she supposedly used to hire her attorneys is inaccurate, and that whatever money they have been paid came from a third party and is therefore not a marital asset. But they did not reveal the identity of third party.

1:25 p.m.: It appears the court proceeding are about to resume.

11:50: Dan Tilkin reports that he talked with Mike Cook and Cook told him that court papaers were wrong, that he did not have sex with Terri Horman, but they did exchange "sexting" cell phone messages.

11:33: Terri and Kaine have left the courtroom but KATU reporter Anita Kissee says an attorney has told her the proceeding will resume after 1:30 p.m. and may run until 5 p.m. As Kaine Horman left, he responded to questions by saying he could not comment. Unknown if both Terri and Kaine will return to the courtroom today. Watch for updates.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Judge delays Terri and Kaine Horman's divorce case until January, agrees Terri faces 'substantial legal risk'
Published: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 2:05 PM Updated: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 3:08 PM
Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian

Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer decided this afternoon to delay until Jan. 6 the divorce proceeding between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman.

The judge called the issues "extraordinary, difficult and complex," and unlike any that's come before state family law court.

He said he had to weigh Terri Horman's constitutional rights with Kaine Horman's interest in a prompt resolution of the custody, parenting and financial matters in the divorce.

He said Terri Horman's lawyers could return to him, if they sought to extend the divorce delay.

Meisenheimer said he was convinced there is a "substantial overlap at least in the relevancy of the evidence" in the pending civil case and the ongoing criminal investigation into Kyron's disappearance.

"Though it's pre-indictment, Ms. Horman has very substantial legal risk in the dissolution case," Meisenheimer said.

"The highest interest in this whole proceeding is to try to find the child alive," Meisenheimer said.

Terri Horman and Kaine Horman met in family law court for the first time today since Kaine Horman filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against his wife.

Terri Horman, dressed in a blue suit, sat in between her two attorneys, while Kaine, wearing a white dress shirt and trousers, sat at the far end of a table, besides his two divorce attorneys. They avoided eye contact throughout.

Kaine Horman said after the judge's ruling that he was fine with the brief delay.

"Hey that's 90 days, 3 months from now, " he said, speaking outside the courthouse's front doors.

But Kaine Horman questioned why his wife worried about getting on the stand during a divorce proceeding.

"If you put the truth out there, why would you have to plead the Fifth? Kaine Horman asked.

He said it didn't upset him to see his wife in person for the first time since he left their house June 26. He said he stayed focused on his daughter and his family during the hearing. He declined to comment on whether he would want Terri Horman to be allowed any parenting time with Kiara.

Kaine's attorney also had planned to argue this afternoon for Terri Moulton Horman to disclose the source of her fees for high-profile criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze, but the matter was set aside after the judge ruled to stall the divorce proceeding.

Terri Horman's lawyer argues that the alleged $350,000 amount Kaine Horman has cited in legal papers that Terri Horman paid to retain high-profile criminal defense lawyer Stephen Houze was not accurate.

Further, Peter Bunch wrote in court filings today that a "third party or parties paid for Mr. Houze's attorney fees," and it was neither a gift to Terri Horman or a loan. Therefore, Bunch argues, the money is not a marital liability.

Bunch contends Kaine Horman's interest in seeking the source of Terri Horman's attorney fees is to interfere with his estranged wife's attorney-client relationship with Houze and to "aid police in their investigations."

Michael Cook, an old high school friend of Kaine Horman who investigators say had gotten into an intimate relationship with Terri Horman after Kaine Horman left the home in late June, was outside the courtroom most of the day.

Cook said he had been subpoened to court today by Kaine Horman's lawyer, presumably to discuss the text messages between he and Terri Horman regarding the cost of hiring Houze as a lawyer. His testimony was not needed since the two sides never discussed the attorney fee matter.

-- Maxine Bernstein

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/judge_delays_terri_and_kaine_h.html

So I guess this means that no visitation with Kiara is allowed until something is decided in Jan.?
Is the Restraining Order still in effect? Not clear on this...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Thank you Lisette, you are so good to us!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Interesting bit of info that came out of hearing yesterday:

During the hearing, Bunch [Terri's lawyer] corrected Rackner [Kaine's lawyer], who suggested that Terri Horman's son James was living with his father. No, Bunch said flatly, James is living with his mother.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/judge_delays_terri_and_kaine_h.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Community Day at Roloff Farms Supporting Kyron Horman Foundation

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Farm_map

Roloff Farms and the family of Kyron Horman would like to invite the community to "Community Day" at the Roloff Farm this Saturday, October 16th. Hours are 10am to 6pm. Parking is $2.00/car and admission to the Pumpkin Patch is free.

The Kyron Horman Foundation will be selling t-shirts, bracelets, and buttons and there will be a silent auction which will include a private tour of the farm. Digital finger printing will be available to children at no cost.

From Portland take Hwy 26 west to Exit 61 (Shute/Helvetia Rd). Turn right (north) onto Helvetia Rd at the exit. Continue for approx 3 miles and follow the signs to Roloff Farms. You can find more information about the Roloff Farms at www.therolofffamily.com

Please bring your family and have fun while enjoying one of Kyron's favorite holidays.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Wow. I am sure this will be on their television show.

What a nice thing to do.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:59 pm

I was wondering that too. Well, I am taking the kids when it first opens in case it gets too packed. I am sure there will be a huge turn out and I didn't want to miss this one!! The kids are going to be excited.

I emailed my oldest sons teacher, he is in 3rd grade, and asked if he had time today to put together a poster signed by all the kids in his class that we could give to Kaine and Desiree if they showed up to put on the wall of hope. he never got back to me, so I am not sure they had time. I will still have my kids make a poster tonight to give to someone there or maybe even Kaine or Desiree to put on the wall of hope. My oldest son has been following this case with me and always asks if Kyron has been found yet crying I hate having to tell him NO. He also doesn't understand how he just came up missing from school.... I told him that sometimes we can't even trust friends and family not to hurt one another and to not just trust anyone and to always go with your gut feeling if you feel something doesn't feel right, it's ok to run away from that person and find a teacher or the principal to call your parents or 911 for that matter.

Poor little Kyron trusted his Step-Mom so much, he probably never had a chance to get away crying IMO
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Terri Horman Fights To See Her Daughter

Post by Nama Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 am

Lawyers for Terri Horman have filed a motion requesting some parenting time with her and Kaine Horman's 22-month-old daughter Kiara.
Last week, Kaine and Terri Horman appeared in court for a hearing on their divorce.
A judge postponed further proceedings in the case until January, but Terri’s lawyer argued that a new parenting plan needed to be put in place before then.
Kaine Horman filed for divorce from Terri in late June after he says police told him Terri was involved with Kyron’s disappearance and that she tried to hire someone to kill him several months earlier.
Kaine also took out a restraining order against Terri which barred her from spending any time with their daughter Kiara.
Terri Horman's lawyer argues that Kiara's health and well being are at stake if she doesn't get time with her mother.
FOX 12 contacted Kaine Horman for his reaction to the new motion and he says, "We are actively working to settle the situation in such a way that protects Kiara and provides her with the best development moving forward.”
Kyron Horman has been missing since June 4th.
Detectives still have not named a suspect in the case, but Terri Horman continues to be the focus of the investigation.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25407463/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Terri Horman details visitation request for daughter Kiara

Post by Nama Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:58 am

In the motion, Terri's divorce lawyer Peter Bunch says that Kaine had refused repeated requests by Terri to be able to visit Kiara, until a recent divorce hearing when he seemed amenable to supervised visitation.

"There should be regular and frequent contact between Kiara and her mother," Bunch wrote.

Terri also argues via her lawyer that Kaine should pay for whatever form of supervision might be granted. He broached the subject, the motion says, and Terri can't pay as she "is not employed and has no income or significant assets."

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story/Terri-Horman-details-visitation-request-for/IYT25v-5qEOcDyNFZGsbnA.cspx
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:47 pm

HELVETIA, Ore. – While thousands of people packed the Roloff Farm in Helvetia Saturday to search for the perfect pumpkin, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young continued the search for their missing son.

Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline School on June 4th. His parent’s hoped to raise awareness about their missing son and to raise money for search efforts.

Amid pumpkins and petting zoos, there was a booth selling Kyron t-shirts, dog tags and posters. There was also a booth for families to create child identification kits.

The family was very familiar with the pumpkin patch; they had taken Kyron pumpkin picking at Roloff Farm in years past.

"He loves little pumpkins," said Desiree. "Kyron loves to come and pick out just the right pumpkin, just the right size. So we got one for him today and we're going to go put it out at the Wall of Hope."

Amy and Matt Roloff, the stars of the reality show, "Little People, Big World," said they wanted the Roloff Farm to help Kyron's family.

"We knew that we would have a busy pumpkin season and we wanted to do what we could to continue to get that word out," said Matt Roloff.

Kyron's parents said they're not giving up hope. "Ultimately just be on the lookout for Kyron always," Desiree said.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyrons-parents-raise-search-funds-at-Roloff-pumpkin-patch-105111144.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 pm

It was definitely PACKED at the Roloff farm today. I was glad I went and the kids made a nice poster which they gave to Kaine who said he will put it on the Wall of Hope for us. He had Kiara(sp?) there who was adorable and very active. Desiree was seen everywhere visiting and talking to friends and supporters. I am hoping the Roloff's donate some of the earnings they made today to the Foundation for Kyron.

The boys said they hope that Kyron comes home for Halloween because that would be sad if he missed it. crying
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Knowing the Roloff's just from television, I would think they would donate, don't you?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Original
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Kaine: Terri may have caused 'unimaginable harm' to Kyron

by Frank Mungeam
Posted on October 22, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Updated today at 5:51 PM
PORTLAND, Ore. -- In new court documents, Kaine Horman states he believes Terri Moulton-Horman "abducted and may have caused unimaginable harm" to Kyron Horman.
It's the most strongly worded statement yet by Kyron's parents about Terri's possible involvement in Kyron's disappearance.
Kyron Horman was seven years old when he disappeared from Skyline Elementary School on the morning of June 4. No suspects have been named in the case.
The statement comes in a court filing by Kaine Horman opposing a request by Terri Moulton-Horman for visitation of their young daughter.
Stating in the filing that Terri "also attempted to hire a third party to murder him," Kaine urges the court not to grant Terri visitation with their daughter. "Such extreme and unexpected behavior cannot be taken lightly by Petitioner (Kaine Horman) or the Court when making decisions affecting the well-being of an almost two-year-old child."
Previously, Terri Moulton-Horman had filed motions to delay action on Kaine's divorce filing, but to expedite a hearing seeking to modify the existing restraining order, which prevents her from seeing their daughter Kiara.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Kaine-Terri-abducted-may-have-caused-unimaginable-harm-to-Kyron-105567163.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Kaine said Friday that he really doesn’t understand why this desire to see Kiara is coming now from Terri.

Terri Horman did not first hire a family attorney to seek visitation with her daughter but instead hired an expensive criminal defense attorney, Stephen Houze. Then allegedly she had phone sex with another man.

Kaine said he does not believe that Terri should see their daughter because it would not be in the best interest of the toddler. He also does not believe supervised visitation would be wise. In addition to the physical harm he believes Terri caused Kyron, he believes there is a risk of emotional and psychological harm with the two being in the same room.

In the court filing, Kaine says that Terri’s odd behavior “cannot be taken lightly (by the court) when making decisions affecting the well-being of an almost two-year-old child.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/105573988.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:55 pm

In the documents, Kaine Horman said he objects to Terri Horman’s request to fast-track the motion, which would require modifying a restraining order.
The paper work also says Terri is not willing to participate in any legal process regarding the divorce. It also says Terri has refused to provide any financial information or explanation of how she was able to afford her, $350,000, high price lawyer.
The records also said Terri Horman waited too long to request time with Kiara.
“It has been three and a half months since Respondent (Terri Horman) was served with the restraining order. She has waited until now to file a motion for parenting time, and she seeks to force the matter before the court in an abbreviated fashion,” according to the documents.
http://www.kptv.com/news/25483652/detail.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:32 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The divorce and child custody battle between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman took another turn Monday.
As first reported by The Oregonian, Kaine Horman on Monday asserted in court papers that Terri is seriously emotionally disturbed, and "unfit" to parent their daughter.
Read: Court filing (PDF)

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-Terri-unfit-105734863.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 20 Empty Kaine Horman releases Terri Horman's Sexting Messages/ Terri Horman described as unfit mom in court papers

Post by Nama Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 pm

2 separate links to the messages:

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/redacted-text-messages.PDF

http://www.portlandsoldies.com/cc-common/mlib/11653/10/11653_1288062593.pdf

Last edited by BJ in OR on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Monday's filing also included more explicit texts between Terri and Michael Cook, including photos she sent of her breasts and of her masturbating, and a text in which she wonders if she’s “going to get any ever again.”
Kaine disputed Terri's claims that she was their child's primary caregiver, noting that he worked from home many days of the week, saying Terri spent more time on the internet than on parenting.
Kaine also stated in the filing that it was common for Terri to be visibly impaired from alcohol, including slurred speech and a staggering gait.
Kaine states that Terri spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with their young daughter, typically "passed out from heavily drinking." Kaine also stated their young daughter was often "up past midnight playing and/or watching TV." The court document states that their daughter Kiara would often be up and awake at 1 a.m. while Terri "was asleep from alcohol."
(Why did he put up with this? Where was his concern for Kyron and Kiara?)
In the court filing, Kaine also says Terri's behavior and actions focused "primarily on her own appearance and needs," including leaving Kiara at the gym daycare for "hours at a time" while she worked out. Kaine also states in the filing that, at home, Terri spent "an "unhealthy amount of her time on the computer" on internet sites for social networking such as Facebook, body building sites, or on email.
Kaine concludes: "She spent more time on the computer than caring for the children."
"I believe that any contact that Respondent (Terri) has with our daughter will be detrimental and will jeopardize her physical safety and emotional well-being."
http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-Terri-unfit-105734863.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:44 pm

All I can say is OMG!

Warning! Graphic!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 pm

I wouldn't blame Terri if she left the country and died her hair. I sure would if these messages were mine?
Give me 15 min
and i will make you moan. Ru getting horney yet? I want u so bad.
That one was tame!

Eeewww
If I copied and pasted some of the texts here I bet Wrap would ban me.

-------

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4179
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20