Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Monster’ stepdad abused kids, tortured family pets/Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.

Go down

‘Monster’ stepdad abused kids, tortured family pets/Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.  Empty ‘Monster’ stepdad abused kids, tortured family pets/Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 6:37 pm

TIMMINS, Ont. — Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.

The 40-year-old Fox Lake Reserve man was previously found guilty of 12 charges, including six counts of sexual assault, two counts of sexual exploitation and one count of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

He was in Ontario Superior Court of Justice in Timmins on Monday for a sentencing hearing.

The Crown has asked for a 15-year jail term.

Typically, in sexual assault cases involving close family members, the identity of those involved is under a publication ban to protect the identity of the victim.

The victims in this case, however, took the unusual step of waiving that right, thereby allowing their names and the identity of their abuser to be published.

The offences Murray has been convicted of occurred over a 10-year period beginning in 1997 when the victimized family was living in the Chapleau, Ont., area.

Victim impact statements taken from two of the stepchildren and from the children’s mother were read to the court.

Assistant Crown attorney Rob Parsons said the stepdaughter, Jessica Mizuguchi, was subjected to “ongoing sexual assaults involving full intercourse or anal intercourse accompanied by extreme emotional brutality” over a 10-year “reign of terror.”

The sexual abuse began when Mizuguchi was eight years old.

Reading from her statement, Mizuguchi recalled how she was robbed of her childhood and how she had been forced by Murray to “inflict pain” on her younger brother, Jeremy Pilote.

“Every time I see Jeremy, I have flashbacks and I continuously apologize to him for what I have done,” she said.

Pilote, who is now 17, spoke of how Murray would “get a laugh” watching him being suffocated. He said Murray would force Jessica to “put plastic bags, pillows and blankets over my head just to see me panic.”

As a stepfather, Murray should have been a paternal source of love and caring in her life, Mizuguchi said.

“Mike was complete opposite of that. There was no love. It was rape. There was no care. It was a beating," Mizuguchi said.

“This man, this monster, did so many unspeakable and despicable things to me over the years. I will never ever forget how he made me watch him torture and kill our family pets.”

Court heard previously how Murray would frighten the children by beating their dog Mojo with the fat end of a pool cue or stringing him up by the neck.

“I can still smell the burning flesh of my ferret and see the small, little scratch marks inside the piping hot wood stove,” Mizuguchi told court.

The children were subjected to Murray’s physical and sexual abuse, typically while their mother, Kim Mizuguchi, was at work.

Kim would eventually flee from the family home with her children and seek refuge at a women’s shelter in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.

In her victim impact statement, she admitted feeling burdened by guilt for having brought Murray into their lives.

“I blame myself for what has happened to my children every day because if it was not for me, my children would not known this inhuman coward,” Kim said.

She said Murray gave no freedom to her children and controlled every aspect of their lives.

“They were not allowed to play with friends, play outside, use the phone, eat when they were hungry, had to ask for a glass of water, were not allowed to go to my parents for Christmas or to even just visit. No birthday parties, no school dances.”

Kim urged the judge the impose a lengthy jail sentence, suggesting the only way their family will feel safe is by knowing Murray is behind bars.

“Your honour, I am asking you today to protect my children, to secure the safety of their future.”

Defence attorney Paul Bragagnolo countered the Crown’s request for a 15-year sentence by suggesting a term of three to five years would be more appropriate.

Bragagnolo said Murray’s behaviour was likely the product of being raised in a “dysfunctional” home by an abusive, unloving and alcoholic mother.

Parsons responded by saying the Crown has already taken Murray’s difficult upbringing into account — which is why, he added, the Crown is only asking for 15 years and not 20 or 25 years.

“Twenty-five years is not out of the range and 18 years would not be unheard of,” Parsons said.

Judge Robert Riopelle said he needs time to go over some of the lawyers' arguments presented at Monday’s sentencing hearing before rendering his decision.

The sentence is expected to be handed down Wednesday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

‘Monster’ stepdad abused kids, tortured family pets/Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.  Empty Re: ‘Monster’ stepdad abused kids, tortured family pets/Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Defence attorney Paul Bragagnolo countered the Crown’s request for a 15-year sentence by suggesting a term of three to five years would be more appropriate.

Bragagnolo said Murray’s behaviour was likely the product of being raised in a “dysfunctional” home by an abusive, unloving and alcoholic mother.
BS He should never get out of prison.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

‘Monster’ stepdad abused kids, tortured family pets/Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.  Empty Re: ‘Monster’ stepdad abused kids, tortured family pets/Michael Murray was a sadistic “monster” who sexually abused his young stepdaughter and took pleasure in torturing family pets, his victims told court Monday.

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Torturing animals and children...this is the early life of a serial killer. The only time I ever stand behind the death penalty is when there is the premeditated abuse and/or death of a child. This POS tortured and tormented these children and tortured and murdered animals for his own pleasure. 3 to 5 years...I don't think so. If he gets anything less than 15 years (which isn't enough in my opinion) then this is a complete and total miscarriage of justice for these victims. This sadistic piece of filth doesn't deserve to live as far as I am concerned.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 pm

For the record...my mother was abusive and a drunk and drug addict...my father was extremely abusive and a drug addict. Neither cared at all whether I lived or died unless it got them attention...and I'm nothing like this so that's not an excuse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 7:54 pm

SixxChick wrote:For the record...my mother was abusive and a drunk and drug addict...my father was extremely abusive and a drug addict. Neither cared at all whether I lived or died unless it got them attention...and I'm nothing like this so that's not an excuse.
Couple Hugging
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 29, 2012 9:53 pm

SixxChick, that's probably WHY you're such an advocate. You went in the other direction and broke the curse. Good for you!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down