Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit

4 posters

Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit

Post by raine1953 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:22 am

CARSON, Calif. (KGO) -- A disturbing report out of Southern California -- a preschool in the city of Carson is shutting down while allegations of sex between preschool children are investigated.

The father of a 4-year-old boy plans to file a lawsuit Monday against the First Lutheran Church of Carson after his son described receiving sex from a 5-year-old girl.

At least one other boy at the school is making the same claim.

The state's Department of Social Services has cited the school for at least one sexual incident between the kids, plus lack of overall supervision and an improper teacher-child ratio.
Child Protective Services is investigating the girl, but could not comment on the investigation.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by raine1953 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Carson preschool to close after alleged student sexual activity

Post by raine1953 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 am

CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- Shocking allegations of sexual activity among 4- and 5-year-olds have come out of a local pre-school in Carson, and the school is now shutting down.
This is a MUST Read: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Re: Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit

Post by Wrapitup Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 am

WTH??? I cannot begin to imagine this. The ONLY thing I can think of is this 5 year old child has witnessed this at home and thinks it's OK.

This is CRAZY!! faint
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Re: Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit

Post by raine1953 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:32 am

Richard McCarthy says his 4-year-old son often received oral sex at school from a 5-year-old girl.
This Dad was on TV last night and I admire the guts he has! He says he cannot just take his son and put him in another school as the two boys who received this 'feeling' don't understand it of course but they want it again and he feels his own son would be a predator if he just put him in a school w/ a bunch of kids.
This is only being reported on channel 7 down here so far but I have a feeling it's going to be big news.

"He told me about all the bad things that girl had been doing to him," McCarthy said. "It went down in the classroom, it went down in the bathroom and it went down out on the playground."
That poor little girl must have been molested herself in order to do this to these boys! How in the world would she have just made this up? Rhetorical. I feel so bad for these kids!

The California Department of Social Services cited the school for at least one sexual incident between the kids, overall lack of supervision and an improper teacher-child ratio.
But as usual, they let it go and closed the case!

Parents are angry they were only given two weeks' notice that the school is shutting down for now. Church leaders wouldn't go on camera, but told Eyewitness News off-camera that there were only two incidents involving inappropriate touching among the kids, and those cases are closed.
ONLY two incidents involving oral sex involving four and five year olds??????? Those church leaders need to be charged with something!!!!

They also said the school is closing because the director is leaving for personal reasons, and no teacher wants the job. They insisted student sex has nothing to do with the closure, something McCarthy said is a lie. I agree with him!!!!
All of this is just my opinion only.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 am

I commend the father for stepping forward, but I don't think he should have made a public statement and shown his face. This should have been done off camera to protect his child. The world doesn't need to know that it was HIS SON that experienced this abuse.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm

You make a good point BJ. I had lost sight of that fact. He probably should have hidden his face and possibly had a family/friend spokesperson who could appear on camera. I do think if at all possible this makes an impact, an adult standing up and facing this but the price is too much for the son.
It will be real interesting to see how this is handled. There's already been the attempted cover up.
I feel so for all of these kids and that little girl who started it all (allegedly) has experienced something horrible either by experience or as viewing as Wrap has said.
JMOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:31 pm

BJ wrote:I commend the father for stepping forward, but I don't think he should have made a public statement and shown his face. This should have been done off camera to protect his child. The world doesn't need to know that it was HIS SON that experienced this abuse.
agreed
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Carson preschool sex case: 6 children part of lawsuit

Post by raine1953 Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm

CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- More families have come forward saying their children participated in inappropriate behavior during preschool hours at First Lutheran Church of Carson School.

Attorney Greg Owen said families for four girls and two boys have joined his lawsuit against the school, which is set to be filed Tuesday morning.
much more at link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 pm

The father and his attorney are on Dr Drew (pacific time) right now.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:04 pm

This blows my mind..many of us here have children or grandchildren that are 4 and 5. It's outrageous!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:17 pm

I saw this on Dr Drew and have to say I was surprised. So far ABC have been the only ones covering this story. I think this is going to get big and it should. Those poor little kids and their parents!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Tried to find it on Dr. Drew/HLN but it's not posted. Shame! Am going to try to get the transcript.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Dr Drew transcripts link

Post by Nama Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm

I don't think the transcripts are available until the following day. Here's the link:

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Breaking News: Carson preschool in oral sex case is shut down

Post by raine1953 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm

First Lutheran Church of Carson School, where oral sex allegedly took place between preschoolers, has been shut down, the California Department of Social Services announced.

On Tuesday, the first of six families filed a lawsuit against the school over allegations that their children participated in sexual activity on the campus.
abc7.com
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty 2/5/13 ~ Dr. Drew Transcript

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Next up -- we`re going to get you guys back, by the way. But next up, I`ve got four and five-year-olds engaged in sexual activity at a church school. We`ll talk about it after the break.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Welcome back. I am here with psychologist, Wendy Walsh, my co-host this week. And now, warning about this upcoming conversation. This could be graphic and disturbing with sexual content, but it`s important that we have to get into this material. Here it is.

Several pre-schoolchildren, I`m talking about four and five-year-olds, are alleged to have taken part in sex acts, oral sex with one another, at a recess, during naps and in a bathroom. Their school is closing for good on Friday.

Wendy, I know you and I hear a lot about child on child sexual abuse. It is much more common than people realize.

WALSH: Yes.

PINSKY: But it is very problematic.

WALSH: It`s also important that we make the distinction between normal developmental sexual exploration between peers and something that seems to be a symptom of sexual abuse that`s come from another adult source, perhaps.

PINSKY: OK. So, the way to understand this for people out there is, if a child is showing -- looking at anatomy, exploring, that`s one thing. But when it becomes directed sexual behavior, that does not happen in children, does not -- unless an adult has introduced that, and sometimes, other children can introduce that.

The father of one of the allegedly victimized boys, the father, Richard McCarthy (ph), and his attorney, Greg Owen, is here with us. Owen represents several families who are now suing the school. The lawsuit was, in fact, filed today. Los Angeles County sheriff`s department is investigating this case.

Richard, thanks for being here. I know this got to be hard to talk about. Thank you on behalf of other people who need to know about this. What happened to your son?

RICHARD MCCARTHY, SAYS PRESCHOOL SON WAS SEXUALLY VICTIMIZED: On October 8th, I was -- my wife came home and informed me that I needed to have a conversation with my son to try and get information on what took place at school.

PINSKY: And what did you learn?

MCCARTHY: I learned that the police were there, and that`s all I learned. My son didn`t tell them anything. The next morning, I went to the school. When I brought my kids back to the school and the director -- the director gave me a story that is turning out not to be the truth. I was originally told that this -- this little girl and my son were caught in a bathroom and my son`s pants were around his ankles.

I didn`t think anything of it, but, you know, kids pulling each other`s pants down. It wasn`t until child protective services showed up at my house a week later when I learned that, one, an adult was present.

WALSH: Oh!

MCCARTHY: And there was a sworn statement by the adult. When she opened the bathroom door, this little girl was performing oral sex on my son.

WALSH: Oh my goodness.

PINSKY: OK. Now, you know, when kids go through something like that, it`s very important they get treatment. It doesn`t -- you know, it`s important -- it`s problematic, but there are treatments and you`ve got to be sure to avail yourself with this. I would suspect that that girl was --

WALSH: Sexually abused.

PINSKY: -- was sexually abused by an adult.

WALSH: That`s heart -- I mean, in my heart --

PINSKY: That`s specifically how it goes.

WALSH: -- breaks for your son, but my heart immediately breaks for little girl wondering where did she learn this act?

PINSKY: But this is the contagion. This is the cancer that gets in that adults introduce and then it goes through children and it just keeps growing. Now, I have to read a statement from the school. Mr. Owen, I`m going to give you a chance to respond to this. The school says it is not closing as the result to the allegations, but because of a personnel matter.

Here`s part of a statement from the first Lutheran School of Carson to CNN, quote, "The incident that Mr. McCarthy has raised, though unfortunate, happened last October and was addressed and dealt with at that time. Mr. McCarthy chose to keep his son enrolled in the school until a week ago. We do not know why Mr. McCarthy has waited until now to take these allegations to the media.

Greg Owen, you`re the attorney on this case. Tell us, what`s that all about?

GREG OWEN, ATTORNEY FOR FAMILIES SUING SCHOOL: Well, let me tell you what it`s about. Mr. McCarthy`s son was not the first child. We know that this started back in June and that at least two parents went to the school and said, my child has been molested. Those children then went to the school officials, they gave them full and complete reports. Those school officials then chose to hide the information.

We have the memos. They did not tell the other parents. They did not call the appropriate authorities. Our position is very, very simple. If they had made a report and stopped the incidents after the first June incident, none of this would have occurred.

PINSKY: Was the girl or any of the kids referred for treatment or help?

OWEN: I believe that -- well, here`s the thing. It`s a difficult area. This is a socioeconomic development in that particular area. It`s difficult, but these folks found $500 a month to put their children in a school that they thought was safe. They made a contract that the school said, hey, pay us $500 a month, and we promise you that when your children walk up those stairs, they will have sets of eyes on them until you pick them up.

PINSKY: This is so scary, Mr. Owen and for all of us who send our kids to these preschools.

WALSH: Heartbreaking.

PINSKY: Yes -- when they leave the gene pool, it`s scary. I got to take a break. We`ll wrap this up after this.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: I`m back with psychologist, Wendy Walsh. We`ve been discussing claims of sex acts between four and five-year-olds at a California pre-school.

WALSH: So disturbing.

PINSKY: It`s disturbing, and we also have mentioned that we speculated that the little girl may be have been sexually abused. We, of course, have no direct knowledge of that. It`s purely us as professionals reporting on the patterns that usually develop when these kinds of things break out.

Richard, my question for you is, what`s the message for people at home? What do you want people to know?

MCCARTHY: You know, at any age, you got to have an open conversation, some kind of dialog with your kids. You know, if you`re leaving them at school, daycare, you need to talk about their day.

PINSKY: And I think -- I always say, Wendy, that no one ever say not my kid. I mean, if you ever say that, you drop your guard for that moment and that`s the moment something happens.

WALSH: Well, and to expand on what he said, and also to teach your children that they can come to you.

PINSKY: Yes.

WALSH: That they won`t be punished, that there`s no shame in this, because a lot of small children feel great feelings of shame when sexual abuse or molestation happen, and they don`t tell because they`re afraid they`ll get in trouble.

PINSKY: And Mr. Owen, I`ve got about 15 seconds or so to wrap this up. What would you like to say?

OWEN: I think you said it correctly.

PINSKY: Yes.

OWEN: Ask your children detailed questions, even though, go body part by body part. There`s something called safe touch, bad touch. Once they learn that curriculum, they`re much less likely to be victims.

WALSH: They need the language. YES.

PINSKY: And to empower them to withstand and say no and all those good things that we hope our kids will do, but boy, it is a sexualized dangerous world. We don`t know the impact that pornography has on kids. So, I appreciate you guys bringing this story to us. Greg Own, Richard McCarthy, thank you so much.

snipped:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 am

Thanks for finding that and posting Wrap.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Allegations of sex between preschoolers investigated at preschool in Carson, CA, First Lutheran Church of Carson, Atty Greg Owen set to file lawsuit against school, 6 children now involved in suit Empty Mother Of Girl At The Center Of This Shocking Story Of Sexual Activity Speaks Out

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 pm

February 03, 2013

The mother of a little girl at the center of a shocking story of sexual activity at a local church preschool is speaking out.

"It's unfathomable on so many levels. For one, that it actually happened. For two, where it happened. For three, how often something happened," the mother said in an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News.

The woman, who asked to be identified only as Jane Doe, said her 5-year-old daughter was caught by a teacher inside a bathroom at school giving oral sex to a 4-year-old boy.

"I said, 'Where did you see this? How did you know that this was something to do? 'She said, 'I saw another little girl do it.' I said, 'Well, where?' 'Here at school.' 'When?' 'During nap time,'" the mother recalled.

Jane said investigators found no evidence of child abuse at her home. She provided us documents from the County of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services showing the case was closed as inconclusive.

The First Lutheran Church of Carson School was cited by the California Department of Social Services for a sexual incident between kids. Jane's daughter said it wasn't an isolated incident.

"The way that she explained it, it was kind of like it was an everyday thing...from pulling the pants down to exposing themselves to, you know, trying to get somebody to put their mouth on the privates," said Jane.

Eyewitness News first broke this story on Friday when Richard McCarthy told us exclusively that his son often received oral sex at the school.

"It went down in the classroom, it went down in the bathroom, and it went down out on the playground," said McCarthy.

After seeing that story, attorney Greg Owens said more people started asking to join his lawsuit against the school and the church, so he is no longer planning to file it Monday. He is going to wait.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Carson Station says the story is prompting it to ask questions of various state agencies to see if any crimes were committed.

The school itself is set to close on Friday. School officials still haven't gone on camera, but told me off camera that they believe there were only two incidents involving inappropriate touching among the kids.

They said the school is closing because the director is leaving for personal reasons and no teacher wants the job. They insist student sex has nothing to do with the closure.

"I think they definitely tried to cover up the incidents," said Jane.

Jane pulled her daughter out of the school in October. She said her daughter is in public school now and doing better. As for Jane, the reality is still tough.

"As a mother, I tend to blame myself, thinking what if I had just asked the question, what if I could have found out somehow that this is going on," she said.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down