Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WAS PUTTING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK ON THE TABLE, THE BEST DECISION?

4 posters

Go down

WAS PUTTING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK ON THE TABLE, THE BEST DECISION? Empty WAS PUTTING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK ON THE TABLE, THE BEST DECISION?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:58 am

JMHO, when the State decided to put the death penalty back on the table, it really bogged the Judicial System down.

Was this a heinous crime, unforgiveable, does KC deserve the DP? IMO, she does.

1. I heard this morning on Court TV, that the average stay for execution in FLA. is twelve years. They are in a 7 X 9 jail cell 23 hrs. a day, get a bath EVERY other day, can have radios & other things in their cells, eat in their cells, & get 1 hour of exercise a day.

2. When putting the DP on the table, it brought A Lyons into the mix. She is going to argue this is NOT a death penalty case. LK Baden, says she is trying to save KC's life. That would mean, probably, LIFE in PRISON. Will she win? I don't know, the STATE is solid, imo.

3. I am NOT opposed to LIFE IN PRISION because I fear a jury will not give her the death penalty. I fear GA will get up there & cry & cry, look into space, bat his eye lashes, & the jury may feel sorry for him. He will beg for KC's life.

4. If the DP were thrown out, maybe A Lyons would go back to teaching law school & BOZO would again be the moronic LEAD CANCEL!

I absolutely WANT KC TO GET HER DUE, but, in this particiular case, LIFE might be the worse Punishment for KC since she is so social, she is so needy of attention, no one would come to see her then except GA/CA/LEE/Mallory.

The thing about LIFE, the ANT's would serve some of the time mentally with her. KC would call COLLECT everyday, calling CA a bitch, cussing GA out, blaming them for Caylee's death, (they made her do it!) The ANT's have made excuses & tried to FIX everything KC has done. This can't be fixed. They, imo, deserve the calls KC will make to them.

Hopefully, they would then accept some of the responsibility for KC's behavior, go to counseling, learn to accept exactly what happened in their dysfunctioal household, & move on in their lives. Family as they knew it is over. IMO, as soon as KC's trial ends, they will divorce. Caylee was the ONLY loving thing in that household that tied the family together. Surely an American Tragedy, all jmo.

What do my friends think?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WAS PUTTING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK ON THE TABLE, THE BEST DECISION? Empty Re: WAS PUTTING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK ON THE TABLE, THE BEST DECISION?

Post by cherylz Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Yea, I know Artnut. To me death is too easy for her. To truly suffer would be to be alone w/ minimal human contact in a cell, day after day. Imagine, only her thoughts to occupy her mind. Loneliness slowly kills the mind, body and soul. That is the punishment I would like for her to endure.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

WAS PUTTING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK ON THE TABLE, THE BEST DECISION? Empty Re: WAS PUTTING THE DEATH PENALTY BACK ON THE TABLE, THE BEST DECISION?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:23 pm

I think the death penalty best serves the victims family. If that is what they want and will bring them peace I am all for it. I think the best justice for KC is life in prison not the death penalty. The death penalty has added huge costs to the tax payers, delayed justice for Caylee and will complicate a guilty verdict. Only about 50% of people that serve on a jury believes in the death penalty. Tax payers think it will save them money in taxes. I laugh at that because it is more expensive to house an inmate on death row. I could post actual data showing sentencing inmates to death saves no one any money. And are some things not more important than money? Like Justice? If tax payers want to save money make the legislators in your state understand the importance of the old “chain gang” theory. Make them pay room and board to sit in jail and prison.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 pm

I think that it is great that the State of Florida feels they have enough evidence for the DP. That in itself says there is a lot of evidence we still don't know about. However, I agree that life in prision is a far worse punishment.

If I had a choice, I would tell them to give me the needle. I would rather be dead than know I have nothing to look forward to..no future at all.

The ONLY concern I have with life in prision: Is it REALLY Life?? How many times have we heard the term Life in Prision and then 30 years later thru appeals or some glitch in the system, they are walking free? It HAS to be stated: Life in Prison with NO possibility of parole.

Also, it is a process of elimination. DP on the table. The jury decides no DP. Next step..Life in Prison. If the DP were NOT on the table, it is possible Casey could have walked after 10 or so years. This way, it pretty much seals the deal she will get life behind bars.

Hope I've made sense!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:58 pm

Also, on Court TV today, the Criminal Analyst were saying that Carolyn Wormus, (the monster), was on Death Row & came into court one day, & Said, "I did it! I want to die as soon as possible. I am sorry for the victim's families, I am sorry. I hope my execution will bring the families some measure of peace."

The analyst described it as almost unbearable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:01 pm

wrapitup, we can expect A LYONS to argue this is not a DP case. When the arguments are made, imo, the STATE will be forced to release more heinous details in this case.

lindamarie,you have also made a good point, the DP adds so much costs, but more importantly, DELAYED JUSTICE for CAYLEE! If KC got "LIFE w/NO parole," maybe her appeal would be denied & we would never have to listen to her or her family again, jmo!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Artnut, no matter what..I think Casey will appeal. And, I also think she will say Bozo was ineffective counsel. As soon as she if found guilty, she will NOT think so highly of him.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 pm

wrapitup,You are exactly correct. Not only that, she could claim they had an affair! KC is a liar, & when legal analyst discuss the flirting between the lawyer & his client, that is unprofessional.

In the beginning, when KC was so smug, BOZO was smirking more, he seem to openly flirt w/KC. Judge Pirro was on Geraldo, (at the beginning of KC's case) & she didn't let up on BOZO's conduct nor did Kimberly Gilfree (sp?).

The thing about KC appealing, she has no money. The ANT's have no money, they have no ability to pay a High Profile Attorney. BOZO, nor all the other att.'s involved in her case now will participate. LK Baden did not show up for the 2nd Phil Spector Case in which Spector was found guilty, although she did attend some of the hearings. WHY? Because there is NO money in it for them & this is a losing case.

Also, the statistics are pretty high that most criminals are convicted on an appeal, I seem to remember something like 70 or 80 %.

KC will be stuck with a Legal Aid attorney, jmo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Artnut, no matter what..I think Casey will appeal. And, I also think she will say Bozo was ineffective counsel. As soon as she if found guilty, she will NOT think so highly of him.
Guilty she will be or there is no justice in America. The bloom between KC and Bozo has worn off.....now that reality has set in!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:10 pm

CritterFan1, you nailed that CORRECTLY! I was thinking the same thing. BOZO seems under-impressed with KC now. You're right, R E A L I T Y !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Critter you’re so right. I did not notice the flirty looks going on between KC and Bozo at the last hearing. The honeymoon is over. But if Bozo was "hitting it" like KC suggested to Tracy oh boy will KC have grounds for an appeal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:02 pm

I think the reality of her "situation" has finally hit her. As of 10/14, she will be in jail for a full year. I think she never ever thought this would go that far. She figured Caylee's body would never be found. Once it was, she still sat in her private jail cell in denial. Now that she has gained all the weight, her parents nor anyone goes to see her, she had had almost 12 months to figure out she is in deep shit. I bet Bozo doesn't go visit her as much either. What is there to say really?

HLN is talking right now about the Ant's in court tomorrow.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:07 pm

just put on HLN, thx for the heads up.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:09 pm

CritterFan1 wrote:just put on HLN, thx for the heads up.
Your welcome!!!!!!! :cheers:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

wrapitup, you are right, imo, KC has had almost a year to digest her situation. IMO, BOZO has done her a tremendous diservice, imo, he had her convinced she would be getting off on "reasonable doubt." IMO, BOZO has gotten a real education in his first "murder case," DON'T BELIEVE YOUR LYING CLIENT. Both have gotten just what they deserve. KC's case has to be costing his firm a fortune.

IMO, A Lyons has explained the exact reality of what she has to look forward to. The destruction KC has caused to so many lives, besides murdering Caylee, is unbelievable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:28 pm

That is just wrong that so many people have been hurt by one person. KC. Not often is there a person that I can not find empathy for. I don't have an oz of empathy for her. Putting the video up of Caylee on the home page gets me all emotional when I log in and there it is. All kinds of emotions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Lindamarie...I know what you are saying. That is what I meant when I said thanks for keeping the pic of Caylee up in the "In Memory" section. In some weird way it gives me comfort to see her pic there, knowing so many people have come to know and love her. Knowing that even strangers care for a little girl they never met. However, it makes me sad and angry...angry that she is gone. Sad, because it didn't need to happen.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjustice37 Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:49 pm

I have recently discovered when the two options of death or life are offered - the only thing the attorney has to fight for is life.

There are some options here
1. she could get death - which I doubt will happen, jurors have a heart and when they see KC family emotional they will never do it. (and they will not see and hear all the evidence, jury never does)
2. the jurors could by some chance let her walk unless she is charged w/ crimes associated w/ this and she pleads guilty to some and not guilty to others and then she would def do some time.

It is really tough for me to say at this point because I have not read the exact charges/crimes that she is being charged with (When I say exact, I mean what the jury has to say guilty/not guilty to)
art, it can go both ways - sad to say but the courtroom is a game that people get to play in, at the unfortunate expense of another.
ladyjustice37
ladyjustice37

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down