Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links

+3
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
Juanita
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links - Page 2 Empty Re: Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 pm

by michelle_ellis Today at 4:46 pm

An added note...I am going to use what would have been Leah's 25th birthday on October 29 as a new reason to pitch them. "Leah Freeman would be 25 years old this October 29, but tragically her life was cut short when she was murdered at 15. It has been almost a decade since her murder and the case is still unsolved..."
And this is why you do what you do as a profession. I would have NEVER thought to do it that way. You are a wonderful brilliant PR Professional!!! Thank you for all you do for this case!! Just let me know what I can do to help :)

mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links - Page 2 Empty Re: Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links

Post by michelle_ellis Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Thanks, but really it's all about thinking like a journalist. You have to ask: what makes this story pertinent? The media doesn't cover anything that isn't timely (usually, unless it's a fluff piece and those are hard to get). So you make your story timely, doing things on anniversaries - pitching key dates - 5 years, 10 years, 15 years...and so on. That is why I suggested Cory hold another candlelight vigil in August on Lee Valley Road - it was pertinent because it was the anniversary of the day Leah's body was found and it was the location where her body was found. And we got press coverage for it, which was great.

I'm hoping maybe something else can happen on the anniversary of what would have been her 25th birthday because that would be pertinent too. Depending on what Paul Frasier says to Cory tomorrow - maybe people should plan to picket outside of the courthouse on that date. Who knows, just something because the date is already newsworthy.

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Great Point Michelle and that makes perfect sense.
It makes me sad knowing that she was only 2 years younger then me and probably would have a young family of her own right now crying It\\'s Not Fair
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2