Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp

+2
cherylz
mommyof3kids
6 posters

Go down

Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp Empty Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:01 am

NEW YORK (CBS) Joran van der Sloot has confessed to disposing the body of missing American student Natalee Holloway in a swamp in Aruba, according German news agency RTL.

Holloway has been missing since May 30, 2005. She was on a high school graduation trip to Aruba at the time of her disappearance. Her body has never been found.

The statements by the Dutch suspect were made in front of RTL News cameras Tuesday. Van der Sloot was recorded making a similar statement last year by a reality star friend in the Netherlands. At that time, investigators in Aruba did not think his comments were credible.

But now, chief prosecutor Peter Blanken told "De Telegraaf" that the recent confession resulted in a new investigation into Holloway's case, according BNO News.

"If she was left there (swamp), the chances of finding her are extremely small," Blanken said in a statement quoted by BNO News. "After several days, nothing would have been found except bones and maybe a plastic shoe."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/23/crimesider/entry6234250.shtml
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp Empty Re: Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:04 am

I hope they really do start a new investigation, but this guy lies like no other! He has come up with so many stories it's rediculous! He thinks he is untouchable and I hope to god this confession lands his ARS in jail for the rest of his pathetic life! huge waste
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp Empty Re: Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp

Post by cherylz Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 am

This is big!!
I never understood why his past confession was never taken seriously? Notice, this came shortly after his father's death...his staunch supporter.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 am

True Cherylz! Even if this is just another one of his lies, they need to re-investigate this case! This is a great Year for Leah and Natalee!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Joran van der Sloot Confession: I Killed Natalee Holloway, Dumped Her Body in Swamp Empty Natalee Holloway confession branded ‘fantasy’

Post by Wrapitup Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:43 am

Suspect claims he dumped missing Ala. teen’s body in swamp on Aruba

NBC News and msnbc.com
updated 7:44 a.m. CT, Tues., Feb. 23, 2010

LONDON - The suspect in the disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway has confessed to disposing of her body in a swamp on the Caribbean island of Aruba, according to a Dutch tabloid newspaper and Aruba's chief prosecutor.

Joran van der Sloot made the statement in a sit-down interview with a television journalist, De Telegraaf reported Tuesday.

However, Aruba's chief prosecutor Peter Blanken told NBC News that the suspect's story was "very unbelievable."

Holloway, from Mountain Brook, Ala., was 18 when she was last seen leaving a bar in the Aruban capital on the final night of a high school graduation trip in May 2005. Her body has never been recovered.

Authorities in Aruba reopened the investigation after they found out about the alleged confession, which is believed to have been recorded in August.

"The locations, names and times he gave just did not make sense," Blanken told NBC News.

'Lies'
De Telegraaf quoted Blanken as saying that van der Sloot's statement was "held together by lies and fantasy."

The interview was not aired by German broadcaster RTL because of doubts about whether van der Sloot was telling the truth, Blanken added.

Van der Sloot claimed that Holloway had died accidentally and insisted that he did not kill her, Blanken said.

In 2008, the suspect was secretly taped saying that Holloway had died after suffering a seizure on a beach and that he had dumped her body in the sea.

Van der Sloot later said he had been lying in a bid to impress the man he was talking to.

He also told a U.S. journalist that he sold Holloway to a man on a boat for $10,000. However, he subsequently insisted he had also made up that story.

Holloway disappeared on May 30, 2005. She was last seen getting into a car with van der Sloot and two of his friends.

The three men have been questioned repeatedly by police but have never been formally charged.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35533792/ns/world_news-americas/

I agree. We all know he did it. I, too, do NOT understand WHY his confession is not taken seriously?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

mommyof3kids wrote:True Cherylz! Even if this is just another one of his lies, they need to re-investigate this case! This is a great Year for Leah and Natalee!
I agree AND, if this can also please be the year to find little Haleigh Cummings, dead or alive - this poor child needs to come home!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:55 pm

What does this guy think, if he tells a lie-confession and is arrested based on his lie which then can't be proven because it's a lie, he will go free? Maybe not, that didn't work for a couple of guys here that thought it would. Husband and best friend tell different tales about the events of one night when new mother (3month baby) is murdered in home. They each implicate the other, thinking neither will be prosecuted. Surprise...they both are arrested and convicted and given life sentences for the murder. Arrest this jerk and put him away. He's been free too long already. :mad:
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 pm

This boy is a pathological liar and Aruba has no JUSTICE system whatsoever. His father is dead and that leaves his mother who worshiped the ground he walks on to deal with. Talk about an enabler. Both his parents were and he came out a big sociopath.
Nothing he says is true except that I do believe he did dispose of Natalees body in the ocean.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

What a sleazebag this guy is! I can't stand to look at him...I can't imagine how Natalee's parents must feel when he comes out with these tales! I can't understand why they can't use his own words to at least charge him with manslaughter or negligent homicide or something!! He's said that he was with her when she died, so he must have done something with her body...Why can't he be charged with something!?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:49 pm

The answer to your questions Lisette is that it is because the crime took place in Aruba and they have a corrupt Government :pale:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:29 pm

You're right, mommy, and it still makes me angry when I hear people talk of going there on vacation and when game shows give away trips to Aruba...I know everybody on Aruba wasn't part of the cover-up, but we should let them know how unhappy we are with their handling of this by refusing to spend our money there...I would like to know if the tourism dollars dropped any because of how they handled this case...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 pm

I wish the US could have some input and jurisdiction in this case, afterall, Natalee was a US citizen. She should have the same rights of protection we all have, she didn't give them up just to visit another country did she? The way I understand our laws IF she had been murdered on an airplane or ship or was a family member of a US official, judge, LE or several other specific provisions, we would have jurisdiction in this case. Makes one think twice about visiting any foreign country, not just Aruba. I do agree we should make a real effort to let Aruba know how we feel. I wonder how many school groups still plan trips there.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down