Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

+7
TerryRose
charminglane
misshesitation
lisette
Nama
CritterFan1
Wrapitup
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 3 Empty Re: Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:46 pm

That's correct TR. Some are still searching on their own, but there hasn't been any organized searches. I think we're all praying he just needed a break from life's stressors and will come back when he's ready. We all love Jeremy and the pain is palpable.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 3 Empty Re: Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by Guest Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 am

From www.jeremygriess.com:
May 7, 2010 at 8:50 am

URGENT- We Need Your Help, Please Help Us Notify National Media About Jeremy’s Story.

Would you please copy the statement shown in blue below and email to each member of this National Media list. If you would like to send it to other media sources, please feel free to do so. Please help us tell Jeremy’s story.

Please use this subject for the email:

Please Help Us Find a Mother’s Missing Son

On this very special Mother’s Day weekend we pray for all Mothers with missing children.

On April 11, 2010 our beloved, Son, Brother, Uncle, Nephew, Cousin and Friend went missing without a trace. After two extensive and exhaustive searches by hundreds of volunteers, countless phone calls and the distribution of thousands of flyers, we have unfortunately been unable to locate him or his vehicle. This Sunday May 9, 2010 , is Mother’s Day, but also marks exactly one month since Jeremy’s disappearance. His mother and entire family are utterly heartbroken. Because Jeremy has committed no crime and is thirty-nine years of age, the authorities are paying very little attention to his disappearance. They are wrong. Every Mother knows that no matter their age, they will always be remembered as their little child. We ask that everyone please remember, every missing person is someone’s child.

A Message from Jeremy’s Mother:
Mother’s Day is fast approaching. A day set aside each year for celebration of Mother/Child relationships all around the world. For my children, it has always been a day to lovingly honor me with love and respect. For me, it has always been a day to celebrate my children with love and pride. As all of you know, a Mother/Child relationship goes well beyond what mere words can describe…it is Love at its best…it is a deeply emotional experience, a spiritual attachment at the very deepest level.

This year, Mother’s Day will be a little different for me than in years past. Although I will be ever so thankful for my other three children and ever so grateful to celebrate the specialness of Mother’s Day with them, a piece of me aches for my missing son, Jeremy. We will all feel the void left behind in his absence…a void that was always filled with his presence and all the love, laughter, joy and comfort he added to all occasions.

This Mother’s Day marks a first for me…my first Mother’s Day without my Jeremy. I know my other 3 children will create a sense of specialness for me as they always have. But, we will be short one family member, our Jeremy, who always added his special touch to this and every day.

I have but one Mother’s Day wish this year and I need your help to make that wish come true. I need help to get Jeremy’s story out across our country. The best way I know how to do this is to make an attempt to snag the attention of the National Media and let them tell our story. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the key in reuniting us with our Jeremy and bring a sense of wholeness back to our aching hearts.

Happy Mother’s Day to All. Please give your children an extra hug this Mother’s Day just for me and my Jeremy. That might just be the spiritual punch we need.

Thanking all of you in advance from deep within my soul…Remaining forever grateful to all of you and all your help!!!

Sincerely,

Wanda LaPage

Please help Jeremy’s mother receive the greatest mother’s day gift of all by helping find her child. The following website has been created;

www.jeremygriess.com

There you will find specific information about Jeremy and his disappearance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 3 Empty Continued support for missing Griess

Post by Nama Mon May 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Ted Griess, Minden
I learned long ago that life is not fair. As we journey down the path of life, we all hope for smooth sailing with few, if any, troubles. Lately, for my family and me, it has been anything but smooth sailing.
Chances are you have noticed that, for the past few weeks, the Hub has been reprinting previous columns. I have currently set aside my passion for gardening or writing about gardening. My focus has been elsewhere.
On April 11, our youngest son, Jeremy John Griess, was reported missing from his home in Westminster, Colo. Jeremy moved to Colorado nearly 10 years ago, but his roots remain in Nebraska. He proudly supports the Big Red over the Buffaloes, but he loves Colorado. His passions include mountain biking, snow skiing, snowboarding, fly fishing, white-water rafting, motorcycling, camping - and the list goes on.
As of today, we are still looking for him. Not knowing his whereabouts and the state of his health and well-being gives each of us indescribable feelings of despair and helplessness. A gut-wrenching emptiness consumes me.
In our early searches for Jeremy, we concentrated our efforts where his cell phone pinged. We believed that he might have been lost in an area surrounding Woodland Park, Colo.
That first week of his disappearance, members of his family, friends of our family, friends of Jeremy’s, and many concerned strangers joined forces with area sheriffs’ departments and forestry personnel to conduct an intensive search of the area.
The following week, another comprehensive search was launched. Sadly, both times, we were unable to locate Jeremy or his car.
Majestic and beautiful as they are, I now realize the Rocky Mountains also are a hostile and treacherous environment, one that makes it difficult to locate anything or anyone who might be lost.
Next week, I will probably resume writing about gardening. Today, however, I wish to express heartfelt gratitude to you, the readers of my column; to our neighbors; to our friends; to the St. Paul Lutheran youth group; to students of C.L Jones Middle School; and to the many strangers who have offered prayers and expressed sincere words of comfort. Thanks also to the many who have unselfishly donated their time, given monetary gifts or provided food. Such thoughtfulness and kindness are deeply appreciated.
On a daily basis, I continue to hear, “What can we do to help?”
To that, I reply, please support Jeremy and all of us through the power of prayer. However, if you are in Colorado or know someone who lives in Colorado, we are asking that you please direct him or her to our family’s search website www.JeremyGriess.com. Viewers can help by downloading and printing the missing person flyer available on this website, then place the leaflet in places where many people will see them.
We are convinced that the more eyes we have looking for Jeremy, the greater our chances will be to locate him. In addition, by viewing the website, one might gain a better understanding of our search efforts and have the opportunity to read some of those wonderful, comforting comments people are sharing.
It is true that the path of life’s journey is not always fair, but I will continue to hold Jeremy close to my heart and with the grace of our Lord and Savior and with a little good fortune, just maybe, this particular path might still lead to a favorable outcome. For that end, I hope and pray.
YARD and GARDEN is provided by University of Nebraska Extension - Buffalo County. It is written by horticulture aide Ted Griess of Minden. Questions can be directed to him by sending e-mail to tgriess2@unl.edu or calling the Buffalo County Extension Office at 236-1235.

http://www.kearneyhub.com/news/opinion/article_92951c7c-61c5-11df-a8f7-001cc4c002e0.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by misshesitation Mon May 17, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm still praying for a good out come to this story! I think of him and his family alot! And I don't even know them. We all need to remember that People that don't even know us Love and Care about us! And we count. Are lives have a meaning!
misshesitation
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 pm

BJ, I just clicked on that website you have listed and the very top comment was from the family of Jeremy. The post says that his body and vehicle were discovered last nite near Paradise Valley Ranch. The family is in the process of planning his funeral.

Such a sad ending for this family.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon May 17, 2010 10:03 pm

OMG, concerned4all, it is not what so many had hoped for!----Oh, so sad, and with all the people looking for him and he couldn't be saved---- crying He seems to have been a really nice guy---so very sad.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch - Page 3 Empty Jeremy Griess found deceased, he and his vehicle found in Paradise Valley Ranch

Post by TerryRose Mon May 17, 2010 10:08 pm

quote from the family website: "With deep regret we post this information. Unfortunately, late last night Jeremy’s body and vehicle were discovered near Paradise Valley Ranch. At this time the family is working on his burial arrangements and will provide the details as they become available.

We would like to thank everyone from the bottom our hearts for all the love and support.

Thank you
-Griess Family"

Thank you, concerned4all, for drawing our attention to this latest news.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 10:18 pm

So very sad. He was young, attractive and had lots of friends and loving family.
crying

You can read the rest of the posts here:

http://jeremygriess.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/family-update/
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Posted : May 17, 2010 4:27 PM
Updated: May 17, 2010 4:42 PM
Photobucket

Teller County Coroner Dr. Earl Byrne says the body of a man found yesterday in a car between Divide and Florissant appears to be that of a man missing for more than a month.

A hiker found the body in a remote area. The car's license and description matches that of one belonging to Jeremy Griess, 39. He's a Westminster man reported missing on April 11. The identity has not been confirmed, but that should happen after an autopsy, which is scheduled for Tuesday. The cause of death is not known at this time. Foul play is not suspected.

Flyers with his picture have been displayed from Woodland Park to Hartsel. Friends and family launched a website, and Facebook page to assist in the search.

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/body-found-in-teller-county-autopsy-planned/
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Body Of Missing Man Found In Teller County
Jeremy Was Found Inside His Car Along Highway 24

POSTED: 3:36 pm MDT May 17, 2010
UPDATED: 5:56 pm MDT May 17, 2010

TELLER COUNTY, Colo. -- The sister of 39-year-old Jeremy Griess tells NEWSCHANNEL 13 police have found his body in Teller County Sunday.
Chandra Griess-Maraman said Jeremy's body was found inside his car along Highway 24 between Divide and Florissant on the Paradise Valley Ranch.
The coronor tells NEWSCHANNEL 13 Griess appears to have died from gun shot wounds, and that a gun was found in the car.
Griess left his Westminster home on April 11 to pick up some food and never returned. He’s a Nebraska native, but calls Colorado home.
The cause of death has not been determined pending an autopsy.
Cell phone records showed Griess’ phone last sent out a signal from Woodland Park. That’s where his family searched, but even with dozens of volunteers, they found nothing.
“He’s always got his computer with him. He’s always got his phone with him,” said Cassandra Kanter. “He’s always communicating. It’s just not like him to not communicate with us.”

http://www.krdo.com/news/23583674/detail.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 11:08 pm

A gun shot wound. Could he have taken his life over the divorce? How sad!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 pm

It sounds like he must have committed suicide because one report said that it didn't look like foul play...It is such a sad way for this young man's life to end...His family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 pm

It sounds like it, doesn't it Wrap? But, of course, if he had a gun in the car, it could have misfired, but, to go out for food and park yourself in a remote area instead sure does sound like it was self-inflicted at first glance.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 am

crying I am so very sorry. Thank you all for the updates.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 am

TELLER CO., Colo. -- Mike Holler said he was on his motorcycle Sunday evening when he spotted the car near his home.

"I drove up along side the car, and saw Jeremy, and I could tell he was dead," said Holler. "I just turned around and called the sheriff."

Westminster resident Jeremy Griess, 39, was last seen April 11. The Teller County Coroner said it appears the death was a suicide, and a gun was found in the car. He said it looks like Griess has been dead for several weeks.

Holler lives at Paradise Valley Ranch, off Highway 24 between Divide and Florissant. Griess' car was only about 200 yards from his home, but Holler said snowy weather prevented him from finding it sooner.

The last call from Griess' cell phone came from the Woodland Park area, and his family has spent weeks combing the area. Griess' sister tells NEWSCHANNEL 13 that the family had searched near to where the car was found, but had avoided the area because it's private property. Holler has been in touch with the family since his discovery Sunday.

"My wife and I lost a child, so we know what his family is going through now," said Holler, whose 28-year-old daughter died four years ago.

He said with his home so nearby, he wishes Griess would have stopped and talked.

"I wish that he had, like all of us, we wish we had a do-over," said Holler. "We all wish we could intervene when someone is hurting."

Griess' divorce was finalized soon before he went missing. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesdayhttp://www.krdo.com/news/23587451/detail.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

It is so sad that he could not climb out of that hole in his mind that told him there was no life without his ex-wife...From what I've read, that seems to be the main cause of his depression...It is so hard to get beyond the darkness to see that there is light ahead if you will just give it some time...I will pray for his family and friends...I had a family member that took his life, and I know that they will wonder: What could/should we have done? Why didn't we realize he was to this point?
It is a difficult road to travel.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 12:45 pm

I found this article and want to share it with all of you.
http://www.wikihow.com/Help-Someone-Who-Is-Dealing-with-the-Suicide-of-a-Loved-One
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue May 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Breaks my heart.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Memorial Service For Jeremy

A Memorial service for Jeremy will be held this Saturday May 22, 2010 at 11am in Minden, Nebraska.
Jeremy John Griess

Services will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, May 22, 2010 at St. Paul Lutheran Church.

206 North Colorado Avenue, Minden, NE 68959-1623 (308) 832-1343‎

Pastor Donald Becker will officiate.

Link to Church

He is survived by his Mother, Wanda LaPage; Stepfather, Roger LaPage;
Father, Ted Griess; Stepmother, Rita Griess;
Brother, Dr. Anthony Griess; Sister-in-law, Dr. Amy Cannella;
Sister, Cassandra Kanter; Brother-in-law, Troy Kanter;
Sister, Chandra Maraman; Brother-in-law, Paul Maraman;
Nephews, Baxter and Parker Kanter and August Griess;
Nieces, Vivian Griess, Sheridan and Lydia Maraman;
A host of relatives and many friends.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Letter from Mike, The Man who found Jeremy

===================================

Dear Griess Family;

I am Mike Holler, the man who found the body of your beloved Jeremy. My heart not only goes out to you, but honestly breaks with yours. Your Jeremy was a beautiful man and oh, how I wish I could have known him in life! The pictures and the stories you have posted tell me of a man who was loved and talented and full of life. His passing is tragic and the world is the worse for it.

I spoke with Tony a little while ago and (with his blessing) gave an interview to Lindsay Watts of Channel 13 (who was very sensitive). If you get a chance to see it (10 PM Mountain Time, perhaps you could see it online), the camera will show the view from where Jeremy died. For what little comfort it may provide, it is breath-takingly beautiful, and if any of you would ever like to see it in person, please let me know. He carefully chose a place that was as magnificent and as wild as his spirit. He said goodbye to this earth looking at Pike’s Peak, and ascended into a heaven more splendid still.

My wife Cathy and I lost our oldest daughter 4 years ago at the age of 28. I tell you this only so that you will know that we are familiar with your overwhelming grief and sadness. No one can say the right thing or take the pain away. What sustained us were the prayers of the saints, the knowledge that God was near, and the hugs of everyone who came to us. May God be near you now and reveal His love in ways you never knew before.

I often said that the only time I did not feel like I was falling was when someone who was standing held me tightly in their arms. I wish I could do that for you right now, but there will be many through your door. I encourage you to throw your arms around them and let them hold you and hug you long and hard. Cry as hard as you feel and let your tears run on their shirts. They want to do this for you, and you will find some comfort there.

We have wept sweet tears over your beloved son and brother. Tears, because his passing is so painful to you all. Sweet, because he was so beautiful and his life such a blessing. For now, all you will feel is the sadness of your loss, and the life cut short. In time I can safely promise you that the happy memories will become larger and more lovely, and the sorrow and sense of separation will lessen.

Until then, may God hold you near and provide you His peace that passes all of our understanding. Please feel free to call or write any time, and if there is any way that I may be of service, please ask.

Mike Holler
crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue May 18, 2010 5:18 pm

What a gentleman. angel
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue May 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Jamberta wrote:I live in Minden and my husband knows Jeremy. I've been sending out the missing person poster on my twitter account periodically throughout the day. My family is thinking of him and his family and hoping he is safe.
Welcome to VH Jamberta~~~ :groupwave: welcome2 butterfly
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue May 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Whatever emotional stress, Jeremy is free, free of sadness, freedom of how to climb out of the :black hole, we can all fall into. The poor man, to have suffered do.
Was he on medicine, an anti anxiety or prozac or something.
My heart goes out to all of his family and to all who loved this beautiful man.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Mike Holler --you are a very special man.
As difficult as finding Jeremy must have been 'everything happens for a reason'.
Thoughts and prayers with Jeremy's family and yours.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Mike Holler wrote the most beautiful words about someone he never met. And yet, it was as if he knew him. Thank you, Mr. Holler, for finding Jeremy & for sharing your pain as well. You are a good man.

And to Jeremy's family, my thoughts and prayers are with you. There really are no words that one can say at a time like this. Just please know that we at Victim's Heartland are very, very sorry for your loss - and to all of his friends that joined just to post and ask for help in searching for him, Jeremy was very loved. That is quite evident. May God bless him!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 am

Mr. Holler's letter was heartfelt and beautifully eloquent.
I agree that all things happen as they are meant to be. The place Jeremy chose could have been any where on Earth, but Mr. Holler was meant to cross paths with him.
We here at VH, knew within a short time that Jeremy was a special person by the outpouring of concerns voiced by his friends and loved ones. Our thoughts and blessings are with you all.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Wed May 19, 2010 11:57 am

Wrap and Nite, both of your posts above were very well written and spoken from the heart. I'm sure we all totally agree with what each of you said. Big Hug
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 12:21 pm

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and help in finding Jeremy. Many of you didn't even know Jeremy before his disappearance, yet you provided suggestions, help and kind words and demonstrated an incredible outpouring of concern and compassion for Jeremy and his family and friends. We had hoped and prayed for the search to end with finding Jeremy alive and well. As some of you here already knew and some of you recently learned, Jeremy was such a wonderful person. Our hearts are grieving that his direct presence is no longer with us. Yet I know that Jeremy will always live on in our hearts. We are all a little better for having known him. This world is a better place today because of all the things Jeremy has done in all his yesterdays.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3