Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole!

+12
le
Heike
cherylz
Lilone
raine1953
charminglane
laga
lisette
Nama
artgal16
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole! - Page 5 Empty Re: Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole!

Post by phxxtc Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:01 pm

actually she was a friend of Sharon the roomate, but partied with the mother and stepfather on occasion. I can't believe she did this. She just tried to get back in touch with me on Thanksgiving and then kills a little kid on Christmas eve.

phxxtc

Back to top Go down

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole! - Page 5 Empty Re: Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole!

Post by tdavis2 Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm

My brother is/was the stepfather of Jonathan. I spoke with him minutes after they found out Jonathan was missing and then later with Angela. The comments regarding my brother having something to do with this saddens me. I understand that until the story unfolded there were doubts from outsiders and that in order to fully investigate this case everyone must be eliminated as a suspect. My brother has been cleared and to this day struggles with Jonathan's death. There is so much more to the story regarding David and Angela and their relationship.
Being close to this case I can understand the comments being left by Mona's family and friends, I felt the same way about my brother that there was no way he was involved. The difference between Mona and my brother is the fact that video shows her leaving Jonathan's body in that ditch alone. I guess what I am trying to say is I feel sorry for Mona's family and friends and pray that they will be able to not only accept the outcome of this trail but that they may also have some peace. The trail won't bring back Jonathan, but I pray it will bring peace for everyone involved.

tdavis2

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:48 pm

welcome2 to VH tdavis2! I'm so sorry for your Brother's loss and his wife (I assume that's Angela?), and of course for Jonathan's family/friends who lost him so horrifically.
This is one case that we don't hear anything about anymore and I for one do google Jonathan's name from time to time.
We usually only have the media's version of what happened in a case, I didn't know your Brother had been cleared and whatever you can tell us we'd really like to know. I do very much remember that Mona was caught on video.
This must be so hard to go thru' and I do agree with you about Mona's family/friends, it must be horrible to hear and then accept your loved one has anything to do with something so awful.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by tdavis2 Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:24 pm

raine1953, thank you for the kind words. I was alittle worried about writing my relationship in this case but find it important to let others know how families feel when they are involved. It is tough finding anything on story and after two years we are still waiting for justice.
Yes my brother was cleared and infact the detectives apologized to him for the way they treated him during their questions. I am not sure what information you would like me to share but I am happy to help.

tdavis2

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Welcome, tdavis2. I have wondered what was happening with this case. Is the trial still set for May 7? Please keep us up-to-date on developments. I was horrified about what happened to Jonathan and hope that your brother and family find some peace in the days to come.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Thank you for sending me to this thread raine. So glad you were on today to welcome tdavis2 to VH. welcome2 to VH
tdavis2.

I went back through the thread to refresh my memory a little on this case. It is so nice to see the new members that have joined our forum. I would love to hear more from all of you. Welcome to our other new members that we may have missed greeting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:12 am

Per the Harris County District Clerk's Office - Houston, Harris County, TX:

Mona Yvette Nelson's jury trial is now scheduled for 10/15/2012 at 9 a.m. CDT in State District Court 182 in Houston, Harris County, Tx.

Judge Jeannie Barr presiding judge.

Nelson's next court appearance is scheduled for 10/15/2012.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 am

I need to go back and read this thread again before the next court appearance on 10/15/2012. Thanks for bringing the case to light again raine and BJ.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by tdavis2 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:19 am

According to court documents the trial is now set for 5/6/13. Does anyone know why this was pushed back again?

tdavis2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 am

tdavis2, thanks for posting and Welcome! Do you have a link please? Am going to google this and see if I can find more info.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 am

I just googled "mona nelson" and found nothing current. Would love a link that states the trial date is set for May 2013. Thanks in advance.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tdavis2 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 am

I spoke to my brother this morning and he told me it was moved. I found the date on the link above.

tdavis2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:35 am

Thank you, tdavis2. It sure does state the trial date is in May 2013.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 am

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 07/02/2013 - 03:04

NAMENELSON, MONA YVETTESPN00653626DOB
03/06/1966
JAILJA09/4J2 01CBOOKING DATE12/30/2010
UP DATE OUT DATE 

If the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE #129030601010BOOKING DATE12/30/2010
CHARGECAPITAL MURDER
COURT182COURT DATE08/09/2013
BOND AMT250000.00FINE BALANCE DUE 
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole! - Page 5 Empty Defense Seeks To Throw Out Murder Suspect Mona Nelson's Statements

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 pm

August 12, 2013

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole! - Page 5 Aaa13

The defense in a capital murder case is asking a Houston judge to quash statements made by a woman accused of the kidnap-murder of a 12-year-old boy on Christmas eve 2010.

The defendant, Mona Nelson, has taken the unusual step of having her capital murder case heard by a judge, not a jury. The trial opened Monday before Houston district judge Jeannine Barr.

In court, Nelson's attorney, Allen Tanner, pointed out Monday that Houston police investigators questioned Nelson or took her to spots where evidence was being collected over a 17-hour period before she was finally arrested in the death of Jonathan Foster.

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole! - Page 5 Aa12

Tanner said during that time she was allowed to stay at her home for four hours, but police slept outside in their cars.

"We thought that the police conduct during this interview period was improper," Tanner said, adding that some of Nelson's statements given to police were "irrelevant and improperly done.''

However, prosecution witnesses testified that Nelson's five statements, many of them videotaped, were voluntarily made. Several Houston police officers said that she was free to go at any time.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Finally, some news on this! I don't have anything in my google alerts either and I should!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole! - Page 5 Empty Prosecutors Say They Will Show How 12 Year Old Jonathan Foster Died

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:00 pm

August 14, 2013

Prosecutors promised Wednesday they could show how, but not why, accused killer Mona Nelson callously ended the life of a 12-year-old boy after he disappeared on Christmas eve 2010.

In her opening argument in the third day of Nelson's trial, prosecutor Connie Spence said: "I'm going to hit on some big questions in this trial. But the why-the motive-there's not going to be one."

She then gave a lengthy, detailed accounting of what happened in the time leading up to kidnapping of Jonathan Foster, just minutes before his mother returned home from her job at a Houston meat market.

Spence said that one of the key pieces of evidence will be a sweatshirt that the boy's mother identified as her son's that also had Mona Nelson's blood on it and was found in a trash can by Nelson's house.

On Tuesday, state District Judge Jeannine Barr denied most of a request by Nelson's attorney that statements his clients made to police be tossed out. That decision cleared the way for opening arguments in the case in which Nelson has pleaded not guilty to the kidnap and murder of Jonathan Foster, a fifth grader.

Nelson's defense attorney, Allen Tanner, began his opening argument by stressing that his client had "zero, zero motive to kill that boy.''

However, the victim's mother, Angela Davis, standing in the hallway and wearing a button with a picture of her red-headed son, said she had no idea why Nelson would want to kill her son. "The only thing I can say is that my justice will be given when she meets her maker. There's no telling why she would do this. She's just pure evil. She let Satan command instead of God.''

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Mona Nelson charged with capital murder after murdering 12 yr missing Jonathan Foster in Houston w/a blow torch. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole! - Page 5 Empty Mona Nelson, Accused of Torching Boy to Death, Found Guilty

Post by raine1953 Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 am

A woman accused of using a blowtorch to kill a 12-year-old boy has been found guilty of capital murder. She will now spend the rest of her life in prison with no chance of parole.
Mona Nelson is accused of killing Jonathan Foster back in 2010. The Durham Elementary fifth grader was reported missing on December 24. His badly burned body was found four days later.
Police say a woman fitting Nelson’s description driving a car like Nelson’s was seen on surveillance video dumping the boy’s body. Nelson had asked the judge to decide her fate instead of a jury.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Justice Always Good To Hear.
That poor little boy...
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5