Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says

+5
Praying For Faith
raine1953
lisette
Slys Hunny
TerryRose
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says

Post by TerryRose Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 pm

This hour Obama will address the nation, Bin Laden is dead and the US has his body:(Live streaming video on NBC)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says

Post by Slys Hunny Sun May 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Oh what a wonderful day for the USA !!!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty BREAKING NEWS: Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!

Post by lisette Sun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Usama bin Laden is dead, multiple sources confirm to Fox News.
President Obama is expected to deliver a statement from the White House Sunday night to discuss the major development.
Sources said bin Laden was killed by a U.S. bomb a week ago. The U.S. had been waiting for the results of a DNA test to confirm his identity.
The announcement comes nearly a decade after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks which started a tireless hunt for the terrorist mastermind and Al Qaeda leader.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty Re: Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says

Post by Slys Hunny Sun May 01, 2011 10:27 pm

God Bless our troops. I hope this doesnt make the war worse. Im sure it will bring out more crazys who want revenge, but it sure feels good to know this monster is gone and cant hurt another person.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun May 01, 2011 10:43 pm

:thanks: American Troops you rock

Bin Laden is dead and in custody of our troops!!! cool Group Hug Couple Hugging :celebration: :thanks: flower3 :cheers: BlowKisses Bravo :lol: :lol: :lol: :winnie: its all good rocking smile

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 01, 2011 11:01 pm

It took awhile, but WE GOTCHA!! Told you we would!! frying pan :groupwave:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty Sources: Al-Qaida head bin Laden dead

Post by Praying For Faith Sun May 01, 2011 11:04 pm

BREAKING NEWS:Osama bin Laden killed in an attack led by U.S. military
AP
Sources: Al-Qaida head bin Laden dead

By JULIE PACE and MATT APUZZO, Associated Press – 9 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the glowering mastermind behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks that killed thousands of Americans, was killed in an operation led by the United States, President Barack Obama said Sunday

A small team of Americans carried out the attack and took custody of bin Laden's remains, the president said in a dramatic late-night statement at the White House.

A jubilant crowd gathered outside the White House as word spread of bin Laden's death after a global manhunt that lasted nearly a decade.

"Justice has been done," the president said.

The development comes just months before the tenth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Centers and Pentagon, orchestrated by bin Laden's al-Qaida organization, that killed more than 3,000 people.

The attacks set off a chain of events that led the United States into wars in Afghanistan, and then Iraq, and America's entire intelligence apparatus was overhauled to counter the threat of more terror attacks at home.

Al-Qaida organization was also blamed for the 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa that killed 231 people and the 2000 attack on the USS Cole that killed 17 American sailors in Yemen, as well as countless other plots, some successful and some foiled.

Click image to see photos of Bin Laden, reaction to death

There are pictures at the above link.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sun May 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Yipee!!!!!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 11:07 pm

HOW did we get him? I just screamed in joy!!! OMG!!!

I wonder what all the right wingers w/have to say about this! GWB sure couldn't get him!! :muahaha: :cheering: :woot: :cheers: Bravo :groupwave: its all good rocking smile
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty Osama Bin Laden killed by American Forces in Pakistan - Justice has been done!

Post by artgal16 Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 pm

WASHINGTON — Osama bin Laden, the Saudi extremist whose al-Qaida terrorist organization killed more than 3,000 people in coordinated attacks on the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001, is dead following a military operation in Pakistan and the U.S. has recovered his body, U.S. President Barack Obama announced Sunday night.

.."Justice has been done," the president declared as crowds formed outside the White House to celebrate, singing "The Star-Spangled Banner" and "We Are the Champions," NBC News reported.

Obama said bin Laden, whom he called a terrorist "responsible for the murder of thousands of American men, women and children," was killed in Pakistan earlier in the day after a firefight in an operation that was based on U.S. intelligence.

Charles Wolf of New York, whose wife, Katherine, died on Sept, 11, 2001, rejoiced at the news, which he called "wonderful."

"I am really glad that man's evil is off this earth forever," Wolf said. "I am just very glad that they got him."

Former President George W. Bush said in a statement that he had personally been informed by Obama of the death of the terrorist leader whose attacks forever defined his eight years in office.

"This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001," the former president said.

"The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

Obama echoed his predecessor, declaring that "the death of bin Laden marks the most significant achievement to date in our nation's struggle to defeat al-Qaida."

But he stressed that the effort against the organization continues.

Advertise | AdChoices"We must and we will remain vigilant at home and abroad," he said, while emphasizing that "the United States is not and never will be at war with Islam."

Bin Laden shot in the head, U.S. says
Officials had long believed that bin Laden was hiding a mountainous region along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. In August, U.S. intelligence officials got a tip on his whereabouts, which led to the operation that culminated Sunday, Obama said.

U.S. officials told NBC News that U.S. Special Operations forces carried out the attack on the al-Qaida compound, killing bin Laden when they shot him in the head during a firefight.

The special operations forces returned with the body to Afghanistan, the sources said.

Reaction to the news was swift.

Bonnie McEneaney, 57, whose husband, Eamon, died in the 9/11 attacks, said the death of bin Laden was "long overdue."

"It doesn't bring back all the wonderful people who were killed 10 years ago," McEneaney told msnbc.com by phone from her home in New Canaan, Conn.

"I'm completely numb. I'm stunned," she said.

"The first thought I had in my mind was that it didn't bring my son back," Jack Lynch, who lost his son, New York City firefighter Michael Francis Lynch, on Sept. 11, 2001, told msnbc.com.

"You cut the head off a snake, you'd think it would kill the snake. But someone will take his place," Lynch said. "But people like him still exist. The fact that he's gone is not going to stop terrorism."

Lynch, 75, is a retired transit worker. His family's charity, the Michael Lynch Memorial Foundation, has made grants to send dozens of students to college. He said he would not celebrate bin Laden's death.

Advertise | AdChoices"I understand that bin Laden was an evil person. He may have believed in what he was doing. I'm not going to judge him," Lynch said. "I'm sure some people will look at this and they'll be gratified that he's dead, but me personally, I'm going to leave his fate in God's hands."

Reaction from U.S. officials who have been entrenched in the battle against al-Qaida for years were more jubilant.

'The world is a better place'
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., Obama's opponent in the 2008 election, said he was "overjoyed that we finally got the world's top terrorist."

"The world is a better and more just place now that Osama bin Laden is no longer in it," McCain said in a statement. "I hope the families of the victims of the September 11th attacks will sleep easier tonight and every night hence knowing that justice has been done.

"I commend the President and his team, as well as our men and women in uniform and our intelligence professionals, for this superb achievement," McCain continued. "But while we take heart in the news that Osama bin Laden is dead, we must be mindful that al-Qaeda and its terrorist allies are still lethal and determined enemies, and we must remain vigilant to defeat them."

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, said that "today, the American people have seen justice."

"In 2001, President Bush said 'we will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.' President Bush deserves great credit for putting action behind those words," King said in a statement. "President Obama deserves equal credit for his resolve in this long war against al-Qaeda."

But the development also raised concerns that reprisal attacks from al-Qaida and other Islamist extremist groups could follow soon.A U.S. official said there were no immediate plans to urge state and local officials to change their security posture in response, but police in New York, site of the deadliest attack on Sept. 11, said they had already begun "ramp up" their security on their own, strictly as a precaution.Check back for updates on this developing story.

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Here is what my son had to say on his FB. LOL

So Obama got osama. Do you feel better America? I'm not left or right,but the timing sure is nice. Cheaper gas on Monday!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sun May 01, 2011 11:20 pm

LOL my friend on Facebook just posted TRUMP GOT TRUMPED. Guess Obama did have better things to do than chase down a birth certificate.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Slys Hunny wrote:LOL my friend on Facebook just posted TRUMP GOT TRUMPED. Guess Obama did have better things to do than chase down a birth certificate.

I love it Sly! Trump certainly did get trumpeed!!!!!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Trump can kiss this Hiney Cannot stomach the man.

He's fired!!! Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun May 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  AAQQ
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty BREAKING NEWS: Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 12:32 am

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is a live feed. Ground Zero in NYC and the White House are some happy campers!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 02, 2011 12:34 am

As a "right-winger", I have to say that I am very proud of our brave military that are the ones that carried this out, not GWB nor Obama...And though the final blow came during this presidency, it has been an ongoing operation that began shortly after 9/11. I am just proud to be an American, period.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 12:37 am

Lisette, I am not a "right winder". OMG, I said "winder". LOL, I meant "winGer" but I agree with what you said!! God Bless our Troops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 12:39 am

If this is the way May is starting, one can only imagine all the good news that is to come!

Justice for Leah and Caylee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon May 02, 2011 1:01 am

Thanks for the picture, Bomb!

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  230200_1634650439603_1636963871_1190572_5259391_n
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 am

Has anyone heard where all the others are that were in the house where Bin Laden was killed? His 'youngest' wife and some of his children were reported to have been in the house. Where the hell are they?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Mon May 02, 2011 1:55 am

raine1953 wrote:Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  AAQQ

Love the picture raine!!!!

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon May 02, 2011 1:56 am

I haven't heard where the rest of them are and I listened for a long time. I'll be sure and post if I hear anything!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon May 02, 2011 1:56 am

Praying For Faith wrote:
raine1953 wrote:Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  AAQQ

I wish I could take credit for it but a friend of mine posted it on their FB page and I copied it! I love it too!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 1:59 am

BJ wrote:Thanks for the picture, Bomb!

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  230200_1634650439603_1636963871_1190572_5259391_n
Holy sh*t on a stick! faint
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 am

raine1953 wrote:
Praying For Faith wrote:

I wish I could take credit for it but a friend of mine posted it on their FB page and I copied it! I love it too!
I second that emotion!! It's amazing how fast people can come up with the best pics!!!!

Sleepy time!! Hearing at 8:30 CST and Casey will be there. crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon May 02, 2011 2:11 am

Bin Laden's body has been buried at sea already according to CNN.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Mon May 02, 2011 2:38 am

BJ wrote:Bin Laden's body has been buried at sea already according to CNN.
[Updated, 3 a.m. ET] A U.S. official said that Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea. The official said his body was handled in the Islamic tradition, but did not elaborate.
I see this on the CNN site only so far. I can hardly believe that this is the Islamic tradition and to do it so fast as to have no proof for the American people that it truly was Osama bin Laden. I don't understand this if it is true. MOO!

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 am

I heard that there will be pictures of his dead body released......proof enough for me. The US needed to handle the body in the Islamic tradition. Seems a little silly.....The US shows him respect after the US kills him, but why anger his supporters even more? I still want to hear where the youngest wife is......and where is the oldest wife?? And any other wives?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 am

:cheering: What a way to wake up. Wrap I love what your Son posted. Lisette I agree with you it is our Troops we have to thank for justice finally being served. I also agree with the month starting out like this Justice for Leah and Caylee next!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!! US gathered 'an awful lot of information' in weekend raid, Panetta says  Empty Bin Laden’s burial at sea questioned by Islamic scholars

Post by Praying For Faith Mon May 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Bin Laden’s burial at sea questioned by Islamic scholars
By HAMZA HENDAWI Associated Press May 2, 2011 10:32AM

CAIRO — Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden’s burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship.

“The Americans want to humiliate Muslims through this burial, and I don’t think this is in the interest of the U.S. administration,” said Omar Bakri Mohammed, a radical cleric in Lebanon.

A U.S. official said that the burial decision was made after concluding that it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. There also was speculation about worry that a grave site could have become a rallying point for militants.

The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not say where the burial took place.

U.S. President Barack Obama said the remains had been handled in accordance with Islamic custom, which requires speedy burial.

But the Lebanese cleric Mohammed called it a “strategic mistake” that was bound to stoke rage.

In Washington, CIA director Leon Panetta warned that “terrorists almost certainly will attempt to avenge” the killing of the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks.

“Bin Laden is dead,” Panetta wrote in a memo to CIA staff. “Al-Qaida is not.”

According to Islamic teachings, the highest honor to be bestowed on the dead is giving the deceased a swift burial, preferably before sunset. Those who die while traveling at sea can have their bodies committed to the bottom of the ocean if they are far off the coast, according to Islamic tradition.

“They can say they buried him at sea, but they cannot say they did it according to Islam,” Mohammed al-Qubaisi, Dubai’s grand mufti, said about bin Laden’s burial. “If the family does not want him, it’s really simple in Islam: You dig up a grave anywhere, even on a remote island, you say the prayers and that’s it.”

“Sea burials are permissible for Muslims in extraordinary circumstances,” he added. “This is not one of them.”

But Mohammed Qudah, a professor of Islamic law at the University of Jordan, said burying the Saudi-born bin Laden at sea was not forbidden if there was nobody to receive the body and provide a Muslim burial.

“The land and the sea belong to God, who is able to protect and raise the dead at the end of times for Judgment Day,” he said. “It’s neither true nor correct to claim that there was nobody in the Muslim world ready to receive Bin Laden’s body.”

Clerics in Iraq — where an offshoot of al-Qaida is blamed for the death of thousands of people since 2003 — also criticized the U.S. action. One said it only benefited fish.

“If a man dies on a ship that is a long distance from land, then the dead man should be buried at the sea,” said Shiite cleric Ibrahim al-Jabari. “But if he dies on land, then he should be buried in the ground, not to be thrown into the sea. Otherwise, this would be only inviting fish to a banquet.”

The Islamic tradition of a quick burial was the subject of intense debate in Iraq in 2003 when U.S. forces embalmed the bodies of Saddam Hussein’s two sons after they were killed in a firefight. Their bodies were later shown to media.

“What was done by the Americans is forbidden by Islam and might provoke some Muslims,” said another Islamic scholar from Iraq, Abdul-Sattar al-Janabi, who preaches at Baghdad’s famous Abu Hanifa mosque. “It is not acceptable and it is almost a crime to throw the body of a Muslim man into the sea. The body of bin Laden should have been handed over to his family to look for a country or land to bury him.”

Prominent Egyptian Islamic analyst and lawyer Montasser el-Zayat said bin Laden’s sea burial was designed to prevent his grave from becoming a shrine. But an option was an unmarked grave.

“They don’t want to see him become a symbol, but he is already a symbol in people’s hearts.”

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon May 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Well, they tried to comply with Islamic rules, but who can please these people anyway? Are they so sure that the terrorists Bin Laden sent to highjack our planes died and burned up with their heads facing Mecca? Perhaps he was never a true Islamic anyway? If Islams have proclaimed that their religion doesn't condone terrorism then why should they complain about the improper burial of a terrorist? Seems to me terrorists will find any reason they can to be upset to justify their actions.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon May 02, 2011 5:10 pm

When the Israeli's captured Eichmann in the 1960s and tried him in Israel, after he was convicted he was
cremated and they took the ashes in a boat beyond Israels boundaries in the ocean and threw them overboard. They didnt even want his ashes in their territorial waters. I hope they did the same with Bin Laden.. food for the fish? He wasnt even fit for that
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Well I think we all knew this was coming. I hope Americans every where are on high alert.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 pm

There have been many terrorist attempts since 9-11-01, both here and abroad. In this country, diligence and alertness has prevented some from happening. I hope people will not make the mistake of blaming the demise of Bin Laden for any future attempt. These crazy terrorists need no provokation, they would have tried the same thing if Bin Laden was never caught. They will play on our fears now is all.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 7:39 pm

I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 7:39 pm

lindamarie wrote:Well I think we all knew this was coming. I hope Americans every where are on high alert.
Sassy, did you mean you knew Bin Laden would finally be killed or that this will bring out the nutjobs?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Mon May 02, 2011 7:41 pm

I think burial at sea was too good for him. Perhaps we should have responded in the same barbaric way they have treated our civilians and military in death? I will never ever get the picture out of my mind of the 4 military contractors mutilated bodies being dragged thru the streets of Iraq only to be hung from the bridge and burned. Was that proper?

UGH.. Makes my blood boil with all of their rules and laws. Maybe we should have stoned him to death as the poor women in those barbaric countries have been?

Dumping him into the ocean does a few things. One, none of the islamic fanatics can build a place of worship with his buried body. Two, this is where we dump garbage.

Now he is among the trash and bottom feeders. Good!
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Mon May 02, 2011 7:43 pm

And as to the threat of Al Qaeda using a nuclear device they were saving for when Bin Laden was captured or killed, baloney. If those mass murderers had a nuclear device in their possession, they would have used it by now.

They feed on death and destruction. Pure Evil !
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 7:44 pm

I hate the fact we dump garbage in the ocean. :tongue in chee
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Sorry, I know I'm coming across very emotional. But 9/11 touched much too closely here. My very brief story.

I was flying to LAX on 9/11. Well, I was supposed to be. For my job, I travel. And back then, I had a very heavy travel schedule. I was in Providence RI airport at 8:30 a.m. waiting to board a flight to JFK and from there I was going to LAX. My flight was at 9:30 a.m. Thankfully we never left the ground. Before I could board, they called for a ground hold. And those waiting had no idea any of the destruction was going on at that point. When they made an announcement at 10am that all flights were being cancelled until the next day, that was when I was guessing something big had happened.

We had to go rebook for the next day - it was chaotic. And to think that they thought we would just resume normal operations the next day!! But then we had to go get our luggage and it was at that time I saw all of the TV monitors with the replay of the plane going into the building over and over and over. It was surreal. Other people were filing off of planes which had been brought back to the gate. Look of shock on everyone's faces. How do you react to this?

There is more but I'll stop here. One more thing. I had flown on flight # 11 American Airlines the month previous to go to the same account. This is the plane that went into the tower. I was told that the flight was too expensive and so they put me on the flight out of Providence since it was cheaper. And I remember fussing about having to take 2 flights to get there when flight # 11 was a direct flight that left at 7 in the morning and arrived in LAX at 11am (PST)

I don't think I'll ever forget. I saved the email from our travel group. Being fiscally tight saved my life.
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I hate the fact we dump garbage in the ocean. :tongue in chee
ha ha
What I meant when I said we knew this would happen. That some people would not be as happy as us that he is dead and meeting his maker. Of course there will be complainers about how we handled his remains. There will also be those that will retaliate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Wow Boston Lady that had to be terrifying for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 pm

It wouldn't have mattered if we had given him a five course meal before shooting him or had given him a funeral like MJ's..with stars and music to boot. They are lunatics and will and have made any excuse to attack not only the US but all over the world.

I wholeheartedly agree w/TR. I hope if we or any country is attacked, this is not blamed on Obama for getting Osama.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Boston_Lady, your story gave me chills! OMG, how terrifying! Thank goodness your business was wanting to be a bit frugal!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Boston_Lady Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm

That day was awful for so many. But my kids were petrified. They knew I was going to LAX but they assumed I was going out of Boston Logan Airport because I always did. I very infrequently used Providence. My son was very upset with me because I didn't call him right away at school to let him know I was okay. But I didn't think they would know all this was going on at school. He's now the Marine.. my protector :)

But I think I was in a numb state for a few days that week.
Boston_Lady
Boston_Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 pm

So many young people out in front of the white house'and in New York were only in middle school in 2011, I think it frightened so many of them and they remember that fear - I was so happy to see them
celebrating. I was so happy that they killed him. I hope that they show his body to the world.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks for the laugh about dumping the garbage in the ocean, Wrap, lol. But, yes, how appropriate that is for Bin Laden when you picture that as such.
I don't think it was only an impression on the young in middle school at the time, I really do believe that everyone has been afraid of terrorism ever since, though the young have become more complacent. I think it has preyed more heavily on the minds of older adults myself and made us all feel less secure than we once did. People as old as I am were taught to fear a very possible nuclear attack from the Soviet Union back when I was in grade school. We were drilled constantly about what to do when it happened. We were told that our particular city was #2 or 3 on the list of the probable places that would get nuked. We lived in fear then. Then came talks later on and agreements with the Russians and fear was forgotten until 2001. When things go along nicely for a few years children forget the fears, but the adults always remember them it seems.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next