Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole

+3
Praying For Faith
Wrapitup
NiteSpinR
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Agreed! Also, why give him mental help? He is in prison for the rest of his life! How many people who have never committed a crime are of dire need and cannot get the help they need because they have no insurance? This is CRAP!!

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In January, 2011, long before Georgia prosecutors called Andrea Sneiderman a "co-conspirator" in the murder of her husband, the victim's parents had their doubts about their daughter-in-law.

"Andrea called us sobbing and in tears, (saying) 'I'm so so sorry,'" Don Sneiderman told ABC News Atlanta affiliate WSB-TV, "and I asked her if she had lied to me. And her brother said we're hanging up now. And they hung up the phone."

Don Sneiderman is the father of Rusty Sneiderman, 36, an entrepreneur and father of two who was gunned down in the parking lot outside Sneiderman's son's Dunwoody, Ga. nursery school in November, 2010. Two months later, Don Sneiderman said, police called to inform him that Andrea Sneiderman's boss, Hemy Neuman, had been arrested for the murder.

Neuman pled not guilty by reason of insanity but yesterday, after a three-week trial, a jury found him guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt but mentally ill." The "mentally ill" designation means Neuman will receive mental health treatment in prison.

Don and Marilyn Sneiderman were interviewed by WSB-TV before yesterday's verdict was announced. He said his daughter-in-law made her emotional phone call to him not long after he'd learned of Neuman's arrest. Sneiderman said that he asked her whether she had been lying about initially not knowing who killed Rusty, prompting the hang-up.

"I thought she knew on Jan. 4 ...I asked her if she had lied to me. All this whole charade has done is confirm everything that I thought. Nothing's changed my mind," he said. "I think she knew. I don't know what she knew."

Neuman, his estranged wife Ariela Neuman, Neuman's defense lawyers and prosecutors in Neuman's trial have all said that Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman were having an affair. Both the defense and the prosecution have argued that Andrea Sneiderman played a role in her husband's death.

Andrea Sneiderman has denied having any romantic relationship with Hemy Neuman and has not been charged in connection with her husband's death. Sneiderman testified that Neuman killed her husband after she refused his many advances.

In what has proven to be another point of contention, Sneiderman also said that no one at the day care would tell her what happened to her husband and she did not know he had been shot and killed until she arrived at the hospital at 11 a.m.

"I pulled up my vehicle to caution tape, police cars and Rusty's car," Sneiderman told the court. "I fell out of the vehicle and was picked up and taken inside."

But Don Sneiderman testified at the trial that Andrea called him at about 9:30 a.m. to telll him Rusty had been shot.

"I didn't know it was important, but it is," Don Sneiderman told WSB-TV.

"I would have thought she would have been more cooperative trying to convict the guy who supposedly killed her husband," Don Sneiderman said of Andrea Sneiderman's testimony, "and she didn't do that."

Also in an interview with WSB-TV, Rusty Sneiderman's mother, Marilyn, recalled meeting Hemy Neuman at her son's funeral.

"I say, 'Gee, I have heard of you -- you're Andrea's boss, and he said yes, and he said, 'Isn't it a tragedy?,' and I said 'Yes, it certainly is,'...I grabbed Don and said I want you to meet my husband, and I said, by the way, I'm Rusty's mother," she said. "He said, 'Please excuse me I have to go talk to the people from GE that came with me.' His voice didn't even quiver."

In a statement released yesterday, Andrea Sneiderman's lawyer Jennifer Little said, "Andrea is grateful for and relieved by the jury's guilty verdict and the sentence. Nothing can bring back her husband, but it is reassuring to her that, after all of the noise and distractions surrounding this case, some measure of justice has been done for Rusty."

Little said Andrea Sneiderman had no plans to make any further public statement and asked the public and media respect that decision "in the interest of the entire Sneiderman family."

I just finished watching this on 20/20 and if I had any doubt that Andrea Sniderman did not play a part in the killing of her husband, those doubts are gone after watching tonight. I couldn't believe her callous remarks on the stand. She was NOT a grieving wife..she seemed Annoyed and had a very "could not care less" and snarky attitude.

I urge everyone to watch it and I will post the entire show once it's up. They stated the case is NOT closed and Andrea may be called in for questioning. The male prosecutor had me in stitches with the way he worded things. He did not mince his words.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Shooting victim's widow in spotlight after verdict

By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press – 19 hours ago

DECATUR, Ga. (AP) — When a Georgia judge sentenced a former General Electric supervisor to life in prison without parole for killing his subordinate's husband outside a preschool, the case seemed far from closed.

That's because the focus of the monthlong trial was as much on the victim's wife, Andrea Sneiderman, as it was on the accused. After Hemy Neuman was found guilty but mentally ill Thursday of the November 2010 murder of Russell "Rusty" Sneiderman, the question quickly became whether prosecutors would charge her with a crime in her husband's death.

Neuman's defense attorneys and Russell Sneiderman's family said they hope to see prosecutors investigate Andrea Sneiderman in the killing. Russell Sneiderman's brother, Steve, said the family has long suspected Andrea was involved in Russell's death, and the trial only confirmed their suspicions.

"Why? What is she hiding? These questions must be answered and answered soon," he said, adding: "We'll have no peace until everyone involved in Rusty's death is held accountable for their actions. In the meantime it's clear to me that Andrea is covered in Rusty's blood."

DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James said his office is reviewing the case and, when pressed after the trial on whether imminent charges would be filed related to the victim's wife, he said: "Stay tuned."

"Everybody's asking that question," said James. "And I'm not going to stand up here and be disingenuous and say that's something that's not being considered."

Andrea Sneiderman has denied knowing anything about the shooting and her attorney said after the verdict that her client was grateful for the conviction and sentence. She wouldn't comment on the possibility of a criminal investigation.

"Nothing can bring back her husband," said attorney Jennifer Little, "but it is reassuring to her that, after all of the noise and distractions surrounding this case, some measure of justice has been done for Rusty."

Days of testimony during the trial targeted whether Andrea Sneiderman was involved in an affair with Neuman, whether she knew about the details of her husband's death suspiciously early and whether she worked with her former boss to cover it up. This week's closing arguments only ratcheted up the rhetoric.

Attorney Doug Peters, who represented Neuman, called her a "tease" who took advantage of Neuman's rapidly deteriorating mental state, saying that while his client may have had the gun, "the trigger, I respectfully suggest, was pulled by Andrea Sneiderman." James took it a step further, suggesting that the widow was a "co-conspirator."

"Hemy didn't hide his crime from Andrea because Andrea already knew," James said in the trial.

J. Tom Morgan, a former DeKalb County district attorney, said a prosecutor can't ethically accuse anyone of the crime to the news media unless that person has been charged, indicted or granted immunity. But that doesn't prevent a prosecutor from suggesting a witness was involved in a criminal act to a jury as long as the evidence backs it up.

"So the D.A. can do something in closing he would be prohibited from doing in a press conference," said Morgan, who is now in private practice. "Whether Robert is going to do something with her after the trial is anyone's guess."

Peters said he's confident his client would testify if charges are brought and she goes to trial.

"I believe that she planted the seed. I believe that as primed the pump. I believe that as stoked the fire," Peters said. "And I believe the evidence in the case indicates quite clearly that she wanted her husband murdered and that she manipulated him."

Phone records showed Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman exchanged multiple phone calls on the eve of her husband's death and immediately after the killing. And while she testified she didn't discover her husband had been shot until she reached the hospital about an hour after the shooting, her father-in-law and a close friend both said she called to deliver the bad news only minutes after he was shot.

Andrea Sneiderman, who has repeatedly denied being involved in an affair, said she made mistakes by holding hands with Neuman, dancing with him at a bar and having long dinners with him while on business trips. But she said she didn't report his advances because she feared for her job, and didn't air her suspicions that Neuman was involved because it seemed unfathomable.

"The theory that my boss could kill my husband, it seemed kind of stupid at the time," she testified.
Andrea Sneiderman was hired in early 2010 because her husband was having trouble finding a steady paycheck. She hit it off with Neuman and the two exchanged 1,500 phone calls and text messages in the months before the killing. On work trips, they shared intimate dinners and inside jokes — and, attorneys say, sexual relations.

Her husband, a Harvard-educated entrepreneur who she met in college at Indiana University, was gunned down on Nov. 18, 2010 after dropping his 2-year-old son off at Dunwoody Prep. Police say a bearded man with a hoodie shot him four times and sped away in a rented minivan. Neuman was charged with the crime about six weeks later.

He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, saying he couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong during the shooting. His lawyers say he fell so hopelessly in love with Andrea Sneiderman that he believed he was the father of her two children and that the only way to protect them was to murder her husband.

Prosecutors said Neuman simply wasn't suffering from a "made up" mental illness, only jealousy for what he couldn't have. A jury agreed, rejecting Neuman's claim that he didn't know the difference between right and wrong at the time of the killing. They found him guilty but mentally ill, which means he'll have access to mental health treatment while spending his life behind bars.

Some legal experts who have been following the case said there were advantages to charging Neuman but not Andrea Sneiderman.

"The fact she wasn't indicted allowed her to be called as a witness," said John Petrey, an ex-DeKalb County prosecutor who is now in private practice. "And from the prosecution's point of view it was important that the jury hear and see Andrea Sneiderman. Had she been charged they couldn't have done that."

Petrey said prosecutors may take their time and develop a strong case that could secure not just an indictment but also a conviction.

"I'd marshal my best prosecutors and see if there's enough to indict and convict Andrea because if they're ready to make that leap they would want to be able to quickly take her to trial," he said.

James, the district attorney, said his office will do its best to seek justice for the victim's family.

"It's something we're looking at. I know it's important to this family. It's important to America," James said. "But as a prosecutor I have an obligation to follow the facts ... and make a decision that seeks justice."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty 20/20

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:23 am

Wrap, both Dateline and 20/20 were about this trial and the wife, I watched 20/20 as you did and have the exact same feelings that you do. That woman is up to her eye balls in this. I feel very bad for their children!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 pm

I taped Dateline last night but it said it was going to be about a rape. W/have to check it out.

I agree w/the prosecutor. Hemy held the gun, but Andrea pulled the trigger.

Didn't you just love that male prosecutor? He really made me laugh out loud when he talked about the "horizontal mambo"!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:02 am

Killer's wife files for divorce
Ariela Neuman cites adultry, abuse and murder in court filings

WSB-TV
Ariela Neuman

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — The wife of a man who shot and killed a Dunwoody father has filed for divorce, according to documents obtained by Channel 2 Action News.

Ariela Neuman cites adultery and her husband Hemy's arrest and conviction in the murder of Rusty Sneiderman as reasons for the divorce. Ariela Neuman also accuses her husband of cruel treatment, including bodily and mental pain, according to the document.

The Neumans married in October 1988 but legally separated in October 2010, just one month before the shooting.

Hemy Neuman was sentenced to life in prison without parole last week. During the trial, prosecutors spelled out a relationship between Neuman and Sneiderman's wife, Andrea, which included several work-related trips, and extensive phone calls and text messages.

Emails previously obtained by Channel 2 Action News that showed Rusty Sneiderman was trying to help Hemy Neuman find a new job and that the pair had lunch on at least one occasion to discuss future business ventures.

A source also confirmed to Channel 2's Mike Petchenik that Ariela Neuman helped Andrea Sneiderman obtain her job at General Electric by giving Hemy Neuman her resume over a year ago at the request of a mutual friend.

Attorney Esther Pantich told Channel 2 in June 2011 that her client would wait to file divorce papers until after the trial because staying married to Neuman gave her the privilege not to have to testify for or against her husband in the murder trial.

Ariela Neuman is asking that conditions of the couple's separation hold for the divorce and that she receive alimony should her husband ever be released from prison.

The couple has three children, but only one daughter is a minor. The agreement gives Ariela Neuman custody of the child and control of all property and assets the couple owned.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Sneidermans sue to visit grandchildren

Less than a week after Hemy Neuman was sentenced to life in prison for murdering their son Russell Sneiderman, Marilyn and Donald Sneiderman of Beachwood petitioned Georgia courts for visitation with their two grandchildren, saying their daughter-in-law Andrea Sneiderman is preventing contact between them and the children, Sophia and Ian. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the Sneidermans filed the petition Wednesday, March 21, in Fulton County, Georgia, where Andrea Sneiderman now resides. After Neuman’s sentencing, DeKalb County district attorney Robert James confirmed to the media that he is evaluating whether he has enough evidence to charge Sneiderman in connection with her husband’s murder. According to the AJC, the petition also states “Both grandparents and the family of (Rusty’s brother) Steven Sneiderman are also ready, willing and able, should the court find it in the children’s best interests, to accept primary custody of the children.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Grand jury subpoenas Andrea Sneiderman testimony

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 am

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A DeKalb County grand jury has subpoenaed Channel 2 Action News for the entirety of Andrea Sneiderman's testimony given during the recent trial of her husband's killer, signaling criminal charges against the victim's widow could be imminent.

Following his successful prosecution of Hemy Neuman -- sentenced to life in prison for the fatal shooting of Rusty Sneiderman outside a Dunwoody day care -- DeKalb District Attorney Robert James told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution he had "strong beliefs" the businessman's widow was involved in her husband's death.

"It is something we have under review right now," James said in a post-trial press conference March 15. "Stay tuned."

Channel 2 said it would comply with the subpoena.

The subpoena by the grand jury -- convened to determine whether a criminal indictment is warranted -- reinforces the importance of the nearly two days of testimony from Andrea Sneiderman, who denied allegations she was romantically involved with Neuman, her former supervisor at GE Energy.

"There were things she said on the stand ... it was the first time she had ever said those things," said DeKalb Chief Deputy District Attorney Don Geary.

For instance, prosecutors now know when the woman first learned her husband had been shot.

According to the widow's testimony, the news was broken to her by an emergency room doctor at Atlanta Medical Center the day of the shooting, Nov. 18, 2010. The mother of two said she went the hospital, accompanied by her parents, after she had gone to the shooting scene, Dunwoody Prep, and to the home she shared with Rusty.

The significance of that disclosure surfaced later in the trial when the widow's former best friend Shayna Citron and father-in-law Don Sneiderman testified that Andrea called and told them Rusty had been shot -- before she had arrived at the hospital.

Her attorney at the time, Seth Kirschenbaum, said his client testified to "help the prosecution" secure a guilty verdict against Neuman. Andrea Sneiderman has denied any involvement in her husband's shooting.

"Mrs. Sneiderman knew she was going to get beaten up on the witness stand," Kirschenbaum told the AJC in a late February interview.

Andrea Sneiderman's new attorney, Jennifer Little, declined comment on the latest developments.

Prosecutors also are tight-lipped, though they made it clear following the trial that the widow might face charges.

"When Mr. Geary and I walk into a courtroom with a case, he and I are satisfied that we have a good shot at proving that case beyond a reasonable doubt," James said.

Neuman's attorneys told the AJC last month they believe the district attorney should seek Andrea Sneiderman's indictment.

"I believe she needs to be prosecuted for murder," defense lawyer Doug Peters said. "It's documented and supported by the evidence."

Rusty Sneiderman's family has also indicated they suspect their daughter-in-law knew more than she told them about her husband's death.

"She knew. She knew in advance. She knew then what was going on," Don Sneiderman told the AJC. "How she knew or what she knew, I don't know."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:31 am

I feel horrible for the children but do think that the wife needs to stand trial!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:47 am

I agree, and I think she just might!! If so, we'll start a new thread on her.

I am not sure if she came out and told him to kill her husband but I think at the very least, she hinted around and if he's the nutcase that he portends, it didn't take much for him to act on it.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Neuman aftermath underway

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Neuman aftermath underway

On November 18, 2010, Russell "Rusty" Sneiderman was gunned down outside a Dunwoody preschool. Hemy Neuman, the former boss of Sneiderman's wife, was indicted and plead not guilty by reason of insanity. On March 15, 2012, Neuman was found guilty but mentally ill of malice murder and guilty of possession of a firearm during commission of a felony. He was sentenced to life in prison without the chance of parole, and an additional five years for the firearms count.

Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:19 am | Updated: 11:21 am, Tue Apr 24, 2012.
By John Schaffner For The Crier

The first three days of May will bring two trials in the aftermath of the conviction of Hemy Neuman for the murder of Dunwoody resident Russell “Rusty” Sneiderman—both to be heard by the same Fulton County Superior Court judge, but neither is directly related to the other and in neither case is Neuman expected to be in court.

On the morning of May 1, Dunwoody attorney Esther Panitch will appear before Fulton Superior Court Judge Bensonetta Tipton Lane with her client Ariela Neuman, the estranged wife of Hemy Neuman, for the initial hearing in a divorce action that was filed on March 22.

The divorce case was initially assigned to Fulton Superior Court Judge Tom Campbell and the first hearing was to have been April 25, but it was reassigned to Judge Lane on April 16 because she had heard an earlier legal separation action filed by Panitch on behalf of Ariela Neuman.

Then on May 3 Judge Lane will hold an initial hearing in a “domestic relations” case filed March 21 by Donald and Marilyn Sneiderman, the parents of the Dunwoody entrepreneur who was murdered by Neuman outside the Dunwoody Prep daycare center on the morning of November 18, 2010.

The petition, filed on behalf of the parents of Rusty Sneiderman asks the judge to grant them visitation rights with their two grandchildren, claiming their daughter-in-law Andrea Sneiderman has “limited and most recently eliminated contact between the grandparents and the minor children.”

However, Andrea Sneiderman has now filed a petition with the Fulton Superior Court in response to her in-laws’ request for visitation with their grandchildren 6-year-old Sophia and 3-year-old Ian, in which she claims the in-laws are not acting in “the best interests” of their grandchildren by alleging she was involved in her husband’s death.

Hemy Neuman, who was found guilty but mentally ill on March 15 in the DeKalb Superior Court of Judge Gregory Adams, was the supervisor of Andrea Sneiderman when they both worked for GE Energy in Cobb County in 2010.

Following the verdict in Neuman’s trial, DeKalb District Attorney Robert James and Rusty Sneiderman’s parents and brother Steven Sneiderman expressed beliefs that Andrea Sneiderman was involved in her husband’s murder and the DA is investigating to determine if there is enough evidence to bring charges against her.

The DeKalb grand jury recently subpoenaed the entire video recording of Andrea Sneiderman’s testimony during the Neuman trial from WSB-TV.

However, Andrea Sneiderman has denied she had any role in her husband’s death and also has denied she was having an affair with Neuman, which became the focal point of the cases for both the prosecution and defense in Neuman’s trial.

In her filing with Fulton Superior Court, Andrea Sneiderman denied she has kept her two children away from their grandparents. She alleged that even before her husband’s death, the Sneidermans had “very little contact with their grandchildren.”

“They may love the children very much, but they have shown very little outward affection during their visits,” the filing said. She contends her in-laws passed up opportunities to spend time with their grandchildren, saying they did not see them from November 2010 through May 2011.

However, Don and Marilyn Sneiderman say they saw Sophia and Ian regularly via Skype, an Internet phone service. The day Rusty was killed, the Sneidermans said they shared a long-distance conversation with their son and grandson.

The Sneidermans are seeking immediate access and specified visitation rights with their grandchildren and have requested that a schedule be put into a place for telephone and webcam contact.

Meanwhile, while both the Sneidermans battle it out in court over visitation rights with the grandchildren and Ariela Neuman seeks to get a final divorce from her husband of 23 years, Hemy Neuman has been moved from the DeKalb County Jail, to a mental facility in Augusta, where he is undergoing treatment, according to his defense lawyers Doug Peters and Robert Rubin.

In her divorce suit, Ariela Neuman seeks to have all debts transferred to her husband and asks that the judge restore her maiden name, Ariela Barkoni.

In another recent action, Hemy Neuman’s defense attorneys Peters and Rubin filed a motion March 30 for a new trial on behalf of their client and ask that the March 15 verdict of life in prison without parole be set aside.

The defense attorneys cite as grounds for granting a new trial: “The verdict is contrary to the evidence and without evidence to support it; the verdict is decidedly and strongly against the weight of the evidence; the verdict is contrary to law and the principles of justice and equity; the Court committed an error of law warranting a new trial.”

Peters and Rubin said the motion filed on March 30 is just the first step in the appeal process on behalf of their client. “It is a fundamental motion which then will be amended at a later time,” they said in a phone interview with The Crier.

Both Peters and Rubin, as well as the DeKalb District Attorney’s office, said it could be many months before the motion will be heard and a decision rendered. Both parties said first the trial transcript has to be completed, which could take months. Then the transcript, which will be voluminous, has to be reviewed by the prosecution, the defense and the court judge, “which also will take quite a bit of time” Peters and Rubin said.

After the defense team has thoroughly reviewed the trial transcript, Peters and Rubin said they will amend the motion for a new trial with more specific grounds for the filing.

The motion for the new trial will be heard by DeKalb Superior Court Judge Gregory Adams, the judge who presided over the four-week trial in February and March.

As for potential criminal charges being filed anytime soon against Andrea Sneiderman in the death of her husband or related to the trial of Hemy Neuman, DeKalb District Attorney Robert James will only say that his office is reviewing all aspects of the case to determine if charges can be supported. He simply says, “Stay tuned.”

Peters and Rubin told The Crier, “We certainly believe there is evidence and her conduct that support her involvement in her husband’s death.” They said they believe the district attorney is evaluating potential charges.

Dunwoody attorney Panitch, who has been very closely involved with the Hemy Neuman case with her handling of Ariela Neuman’s separation and now divorce proceedings, told The Crier she believes the subpoena of Andrea Sneiderman’s testimony during Neuman’s trial by the DeKalb grand jury certainly suggests that some charges may be imminent. She indicated that at the very least perjury charges could come out of the actual testimony.

Panitch also suggested that testimony during the trial indicated “a lack of candor” on the part of Andrea Sneiderman in her providing of information to the Dunwoody Police and District Attorney’s Office during the murder investigation. She said charges might also result from that.

If DeKalb DA James does bring charges against Andrea Sneiderman, that civil case filing by Rusty Sneiderman’s parents in Fulton Superior Court could lead to a custody battle for Rusty and Andrea’s two children, Sophia and Ian.

The Sneiderman’s petition to the Fulton court states: “Both grandparents and the family of Steven Sneiderman (Rusty’s brother) are also ready, willing and able, should the court find it in the children’s best interests, to accept primary custody of the children.” The petition requests the court appoint a guardian to “investigate and make a recommendation as to what is in the children’s best interest.”
But, at the present, there have been no announcements forthcoming from the District Attorney’s Office or from the DeKalb grand jury. In the words of DeKalb DA James, “Stay tuned.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Hemy Neuman's now ex-wife speaks for first time

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 pm

5:52 PM, May 1, 2012

Written by
Duffie Dixon

ATLANTA -- Moments after her divorce from convicted killer Hemy Neuman was signed, the woman formerly known as Ariela Neuman spoke to 11Alive News.

She is now using her maiden name, Barkoni, and until now has never granted a televised interview.

The Israeli born mother of two talked about the drastic turn her life has taken since her husband's arrest and conviction.

"It's not easy but this is what I have to do and I have to continue to move on for my life and first of all for my kids' lives. We deserve it," said Barkoni.

Hemy Neuman was convicted in March for shooting and killing Rusty Sneiderman outside a Dunwoody Daycare.

Much of the evidence and testimony alleged an affair between Hemy Neuman and the victim's wife, Andrea Sneiderman.

Because Barkoni was only estranged from Neuman, not divorced, she could not be called as a witness.

"She stayed married to him through the trial so she could not be compelled to testify for him as well as testify against him. She was willing to testify against him," said Panitch.

Barkoni's attorney, Esther Panitch, has said it was her client who long suspected the affair and that she wanted nothing to do with the trial to spare her reputation and protect her children.

Andrea Sneiderman herself denied the affair when she testified at the murder trial, but prosecutors called her a liar and labeled her a co- conspirator in her husband's murder.

There is no word on whether the District Attorney will try to seek an indictiment against her.

Panitch made it clear that is what her client and she would like to see.

"While my client is happy that the divorce proceedings against Hemy Neuman have been resolved peacefully, we do not believe the investigation into the murder of Rusty Sneiderman is finished," Panitch said.

Hemy Neuman and Barkoni met in Israel, were married for years and have two children.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Victim's widow faces wrongful death lawsuit in Neuman case

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 pm

The Associated Press
Published Friday, May 18, 2012 Updated: Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 12:39am

ATLANTA — The widow of an entrepreneur who was fatally shot outside a suburban Atlanta preschool is facing a wrongful death lawsuit from her in-laws.

The brother of Russell “Rusty” Sneiderman filed the complaint on Friday against Andrea Sneiderman in Fulton County Superior Court. It contends she conspired with her ex-boss, Hemy Neuman, “to manipulate and influence him” to kill her husband.

The lawsuit, which also names Neuman, claims that Andrea Sneiderman “actively and knowingly participated in the murder and the planning of the murder of Rusty Sneiderman.”

Andrea Sneiderman hasn’t been charged with any criminal wrongdoing. Neuman was convicted in February and sentenced to life in prison without parole and must undergo mental health treatment.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys both sought to link the shooting to an affair between the two during the high-profile trial. Andrea Sneiderman and her attorneys have repeatedly denied the allegations.

Her attorney J. Tom Morgan said he’ll launch a “vigorous and complete defense to ensure that Andrea is fully exonerated of these false accusations.”

Russell Sneiderman’s relatives said in a statement they decided to file the complaint to bring closure “to all of the issues that continue to haunt us.”

“Without resolution of these issues, our family has no chance to heal. Without resolution of these issues, there will be no Justice for Rusty,” the family said in the statement. “Our family will never stop pursuing justice for Rusty.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Widow of Dunwoody daycare murder victim sues brother-in-law

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:11 am

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 5:06 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 18, 2012 5:13 PM CDT

DEKALB COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
The widow of the victim in the Dunwoody daycare murder case responded to a wrongful death lawsuit and filed two lawsuits on Monday.

Andrea Sneiderman denied having any involvement in her husband's murder. Now she's filed a lawsuit against her brother-in-law for defamation. Andrea Sneiderman also sued Hemy Neuman for wrongful death. He's the man convicted of killing her husband, Rusty Sneiderman.

Andrea Sneiderman has been at the center of a tug of war with her in-laws since her husband was killed outside a Dunwoody daycare in November 2010.

Monday, she denied being a co-conspirator in her husband's death and she asked for the dismissal of a civil wrongful death lawsuit filed in May by her brother-in-law, Steven Sneiderman. It accused Andrea Sneiderman of having an affair with Neuman and conspiring with him to kill her husband.

Andrea Sneiderman also filed a counterclaim against Steven Sneiderman. She's suing for libel, defamation, slander and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Part of the lawsuit against Steven Sneiderman stems from a press conference held on March 15, 2010 immediately after Neuman was convicted of killing Rusty Sneiderman.

At that time Steven Sneiderman said, "our family has long suspected Andrea's involvement in Rusty's death."

The lawsuit claims Steven Sneiderman made false accusations against Andrea, alleging she conspired to kill her husband.

"Andrea's covered in Rusty's blood, and there are not enough rabbis in the world to wash away those stains," said Steven Sneiderman on March 15, 2012.

Andrea Sneiderman also filed a lawsuit against Neuman for the wrongful death of Rusty Sneiderman. She seeks damages for his murder.

CBS Atlanta News reached out to both sides for a comment. We received this statement from Steven Sneiderman's attorney, Bill Ballard:

"Today was Rusty's 38th birthday. Thus out of respect and remembrance we're not going to be making any comments in the media about the case or about the defendant's filings, which were made this morning. We will file their response at the appropriate time and look forward to continue to pursue justice for Rusty as the case progresses."

must see video at above link.
Wow, what a tangled weave. I definitely think she was having an affair w/Hemy and probably promised him the moon and the stars if she could just "find some way to free herself of her husband" So, the ex bil sues the ex sil and now the ex sil is suing the ex bil for defamation. Shocked 2
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Andrea Sneiderman seeks protective order against in-laws

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 5:52 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 10, 2012 5:53 PM CDT
By Aungelique Proctor, FOX 5 reporter

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -
The widow of Rusty Sneiderman wants to keep information about herself private from her in-laws.

Andrea Sneiderman asked judge for a protective order on Tuesday. Andrea Sneiderman's former boss, Hemy Neuman, is serving a life sentence for killing her husband, Rusty, outside a daycare in Dunwoody in November 2010.

Rusty Sneiderman's parents, Don and Marilyn, are seeking more access to their grandchildren, who are aged 3 and 6. The grandparents are seeking to bring the children to Cleveland, where they live and where Rusty grew up.

Andrea Sneiderman told a judge through her attorney that she is not opposed to Rusty's parents visiting her children, but she is opposed to a court order mandating those visits.

Andrea asked for a protective order to ensure that attorneys for her in-laws do not get access to her financial status, her professional life or her personal business. Andrea also wants to limit discovery around the death of her husband, saying those issues are irrelevant to visitation.

Fulton County Judge Bensonetta Tipton Lane said she will rule on the issues soon.

Andrea Sneiderman recently filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Hemy Neuman.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:25 am

Wrapitup wrote:Thanks. That was "my bad" confused

You were not bad. LOL I made a category for Andrea Sneiderman just yesterday. I have been seeing insession advertising that is the next trial they will be covering.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 am

I could have sworn I started a new thread on Andrea when I read she had been arrested. Don't mind me..lots' on my mind and just waking up. Thanks, Linda!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:13 pm

|
|
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm

I heard that Barry White is tweeting...

"Hemy Neuman is a dweeb!"
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Lilone wrote:I heard that Barry White is tweeting...

"Hemy Neuman is a dweeb!"
ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 am

20/20 has this on right now on the west coast.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:16 am

Sure wish he'd testify against the person who egged him on!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:46 am

I don't really think he could testify anyway, his crazy ass would be considered an unreliable witness.Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Crazy12 You have to take into account that Olivia and Barry might show up in the courtroom with him.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:05 am

You do make a good point about Olivia and Barry... but I wish they would take the chance!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:28 am

I think he'd have to be a hostile witness.
Perhaps the DA dropped the charges in hopes that Hemy will be deemed competent at some point.

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:34 am

I hope. Otherwise she's going to get away with murder. I do not like that woman at all. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:31 pm

by NiteSpinR Today at 2:46

I don't really think he could testify anyway, his crazy ass would be considered an unreliable witness.You have to take into account that Olivia and Barry might show up in the courtroom with him.

good post lol ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ha ha ha ha 

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Hemy Neuman Seeks Retrial Since Andrea Sneiderman’s Perjured Testimony Helped Convict Him

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:31 pm

March 3, 2014

The man who acknowledged killing a Dunwoody entrepreneur outside his son’s daycare facility will return to court Tuesday seeking a new trial.

And much like his 2012 trial, Rusty Sneiderman’s widow is expected to figure prominently in the hearing.

Lawyers for Hemy Neuman — found guilty but mentally ill in the November 2010 murder — say that since Andrea Sneiderman’s perjured testimony helped convict their client, he deserves a new hearing. Sneiderman was convicted last August on nine of 13 felony counts, including perjury, making false statements to investigators and hindering the apprehension of a criminal.

“What happened in [Sneiderman’s] trial is of tremendous significance to our case going forward,” Neuman co-counsel Doug Peters said last August.

Peters said they’ll seek a ruling from an appellate court if DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory A. Adams rejects their motion. Neuman, a former engineer with GE Energy, was sentenced to life without parole.

Sneiderman, his alleged paramour, was sentenced to five years on each count to run concurrently. Adams credited her with time served for the three weeks she spent in jail after her Aug. 2, 2012, arrest and the following 11-plus months she was under house arrest before the withdrawal of murder charges against her on July 29.

She is eligible for parole in late April.

Neuman is not expected to testify Tuesday but will be in court, said co-counsel Bob Rubin. He did not testify in his own defense and has yet to speak publicly about the murder or the alleged affair with his victim’s spouse.

His attorney argue that Sneiderman manipulated their client to believe that killing her husband would solidify their relationship.

Rubin said Neuman had no idea he was being used and was initially reluctant to let the defense go after Sneiderman, who worked under him at GE.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 Empty Judge Denies Hemy Neuman’s Appeal For New Trial

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 pm

March 17, 2014

Hemy Neuman Claimed An Angel Told Him To Kill Rusty Sneiderman Outside Preschool Because He Wanted to Be With Rusty's Wife Andrea~Neuman Found Guilty But Mentally Ill Was Sentenced To Life With No Parole  - Page 2 A18

Dunwoody day care killer Hemy Neuman’s bid for a new trial was denied Monday by the same judge who sentenced him two years ago to life in prison.

Lawyers for Neuman, who acknowledged fatally shooting local businessman Rusty Sneiderman, had argued their client deserved a new hearing because he was convicted in part by perjured testimony from Sneiderman’s widow.

Andrea Sneiderman, who has denied any romantic involvement with Neuman, her former boss, was convicted in August on nine of 13 felony counts, including perjury, making false statements to investigators and hindering the apprehension of a criminal. She’s eligible for parole next month.

Neuman’s attorneys say they’ll seek a ruling from an appellate court after DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory A. Adams rejected their motion for a new trial. In his decision, Adams agreed with prosecutors that Sneiderman’s testimony was not crucial to the prosecution of the former GE Energy executive.

“The evidence was more than sufficient to enable a rational trier of fact to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that (Neuman) was guilty of the crimes for which he was convicted,” Adams wrote.

Sneiderman, treated by prosecutors as a hostile witness, was barraged with questions from both sides about her alleged affair with Neuman during his 2012 trial. She was eventually thrown out of the courtroom by Judge Adams and, last fall, was convicted on false statements she made in court and during the investigation that followed her husband’s death in November 2010.

The Dunwoody widow insistence that Neuman was obsessed with her seriously hampered their client’s insanity defense, said attorney Scott Key.

“The defense was premised on the fact that there was a relationship … that led him to insanity,” Key said at the hearing earlier this month. “If she lied about it, if she said a relationship didn’t happen, that undermined the central component of the defense.”

Prosecutors said at the time Sneiderman was called as a witness to establish motive, but she ended up helping the state mount its case against her.

The defense argued she was not in love with her boss but rather used him to get out of an unhappy marriage.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Eligible for parole already?????

NO surprise about Newman's denied appeal.

Thanks for the update, Nite!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:25 am

Andrea Sniderman makes me sick. She paid NO PRICE for her crime, home incarceration, bullshit. She will end up in the news again.  Barf 
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2