Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lewis Eddleston

2 posters

Go down

Lewis Eddleston Empty Lewis Eddleston

Post by Wrapitup Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Body of a young male found in a ditch in the village of Edenthorpe, near Doncaster
Schoolboy Lewis Eddleston, 13, has been missing from the area since Sunday afternoon
The teenager was last seen when he left a group of friends on a playing field a mile from where the body was discovered
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The identity of the body has not been confirmed, but police are linking the discovery to the search for the missing schoolboy

By KERRY MCDERMOTT
PUBLISHED: 12:47 EST, 7 November 2012 | UPDATED: 16:51 EST, 7 November 2012

The body of a teenage boy has been found in a ditch in Yorkshire by police searching for a 13-year-old who disappeared from the area at the weekend.

Lewis Eddleston, 13, has not been seen since he left a group of friends on a playing field just a mile from his home in the village of Edenthorpe, near Doncaster, on Sunday afternoon.

Police said it was too early to confirm the identity of the body, which was found today in a ditch a mile from where Lewis was last seen in the village, but officers are linking the discovery to the search for the missing schoolboy.

Lewis was playing on the field on Sunday when he asked his friends to look after his mobile phone while he went to the toilet. He never returned.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said today: 'Police can confirm that the body of a young male has been found in a ditch close to The Boulevard, Edenthorpe, Doncaster.

'The Ambulance Service attended the scene and attempted resuscitation, which sadly was unsuccessful.
'An investigation has commenced into the circumstances surrounding this tragic event - at this stage, it is too early to determine a cause of death or confirm the identity of the male.

'Formal identification procedures will take place but officers investigating are linking this to the 13-year-old boy recently reported missing in Doncaster.'

A cordon has been erected around the area where police discovered the body today in Doncaster

Before the body was discovered Lewis’ mother Diane said his disappearance was out of character as she appealed for her son to return home.

She said: 'He has never done anything like this before - it is totally out of character.

Rabbi drowned after carrying out ritual 'mikveh' bathing ceremony during high tide at Welsh resort
'We had had a lovely family bonfire on Saturday night and there were no problems at home or at school.

'Worried sick': Lewis' mother Diane had made an emotional appeal for her son to return home
'We just want to know he is safe, we have no idea where he is or what has happened and we are worried sick.

'I just hope he sees this and gets in touch to let us know he is OK.'

There had been no news of Lewis' whereabouts since Sunday, although there had been unconfirmed sightings of the schoolboy in the Balby area of Doncaster.

The family's neighbour Royce Lambert, 49, said news of the discovery had rocked the estate.
'People are devastated,' he said.

'He was a great kid, your typical 13-year-old boy. I had to tell him off a few times for climbing on my garage but that's just what lads his age do.'

The retired Royal Marine said: 'My thoughts are with the family. 'It's been hard for them while he has been missing but this news is truly heartbreaking.

'Nobody knows what's happened to him yet, whether it's been an accident or something else.

'I just hope they find out as quickly as possible - for the sake of the family if nothing else.'

Police have erected a cordon around the scene where the body was found at Hunger Hill Lane, an area locals said was used mainly by dog walkers and youngsters using it as a short-cut to school.

'We were told that the body of a young lad had been found but nothing else,' one resident said.

'Other than the lane that runs through it, it's mainly marsh land and reeds with a sort of ditch running through the middle.'

Lewis' family were said to be too upset to speak today.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Lewis Eddleston Empty Re: Lewis Eddleston

Post by Wrapitup Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Body found in search for missing teenager Lewis Eddleston
The body of a teenage boy has been found in a ditch by police searching for missing 13-year-old Lewis Eddleston.
The discovery is being linked to the hunt for the teenager, although officers have said it is too early to confirm an identity.

Lewis Eddleston has been missing since Saturday (Picture: Ross Parry)
The youngster has not been seen since leaving a group of friends on a remote playing field on Sunday.
He was just a mile from his home in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, when he asked pals to look after his phone while he used the toilet. He never returned.
Neighbour Royce Lambert, 49, said the news had rocked the estate. 'People are devastated,' said the married father of two.
'He was a great kid, your typical 13-year-old boy. I had to tell him off a few times for climbing on my garage but that's just what lads his age do.' His mother Diane had earlier appealed for information about Lewis. 'We just want to know he is safe, we have no idea where he is or what has happened and we are worried sick,' she said.
Older brother Martin said there had been recent reports of a motorist who followed youngsters but fled when challenged.
'He could have been abducted or anything,' he said. 'We just don't know and need to hear from him or anyone who knows where he is.'

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:42 pm

8 November 2012

Friends of a 13-year-old boy who drowned after leaving them playing in fields near his home have written him an anguished note saying: 'Wish we followed you'.

Schoolboy Lewis Eddleston was playing just a mile from his home in Doncaster, South Yorks., on Sunday when he told friends to look after his phone while he used the toilet at around 4pm - but never came back.

Yesterday, police said they had found the body of a boy in a ditch just over a mile from the field where Lewis was last seen, and they confirmed the cause of death as drowning today.

Today, bouquets of flowers, cards and pictures were laid in the field where popular Lewis was found - which can be seen from his house.
One tribute read: 'Going to miss you loads bro. Wish we followed you.
'Going to miss you and your typical but amazing ways. Love you millions. Lewis Eddleston RIP. Bro rest in peace. Love you.'

Other emotional messages said: 'To my prince Lewis. Thinking of you always. Lots of love. I love you. Leonie xxxx' and 'My beautiful Lewis Eddleston. Rest in peace gorgeous. I won’t forget you. Lots of love Katie'.
Another said: 'To Lewis RIP dude your (sic) never going to be forgotten. I love you my little soldier. Lots of love Kirstie.'

The brightly coloured flowers were laid against a gate on Hunger Hill Lane, where police found a body in a ditch.
Lewis's family criticised police today over their handling of the search. His brother Michael said the family was 'very angry' with the lack of initiative by officers.

He told ITV Calendar News: 'My mum has sat at home having to phone the police every few hours.

'But we didn't even get phone calls from them, no updates. We've just been sat there having to do it ourselves. We've been on our own, apart from the community.'

Lewis Eddleston Article-0-15EAC9F2000005DC-190_634x395
Moving: Friends and family left flowers and emotional messages near the field that Lewis vanished from
Police today officially confirmed that the body found close to the Boulevard in Edenthorpe was that of Lewis, who lived nearby.

A post-mortem examination revealed he died by drowning soon after he was seen leaving playing fields on Sunday evening, police said.

His death is not being treated as suspicious.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: 'Family liaison officers continue to support Lewis's family at this difficult time.
'South Yorkshire Police wish to reiterate its thanks to the local community for the support provided in the search for Lewis, which was complicated by a number of false sightings reported on social media sites.

'An investigation continues into the circumstances surrounding the tragic event.'

Graham Wakeling, the head teacher of Hungerhill School, which Lewis attended, said: 'The school community is devastated by the news of Lewis's sudden death which was a shock to us all.

'Our thoughts and condolences are with his family and close friends at this very difficult time. Lewis was an extremely popular young man with a good sense of humour.

Lewis Eddleston Article-2229911-15E5FA6B000005DC-238_634x413
Discovery: Police officers found Lewis's body in a ditch in Doncaster, near to where he disappeared

Lewis Eddleston Article-2229911-15EB6E89000005DC-969_634x478
'He was a lively character around the school and always had a smile on his face. Lewis will be sadly missed by pupils and staff at Hungerhill.'

A number of teenagers and adults left flowers at the police cordon as news of the discovery spread yesterday.

Jack Neal, 14, said he was in the same school year as Lewis. 'He liked to have fun,' Jack said. 'He always had a laugh. He was a good friend.'

Jack's mother Clair Neal said: 'There's a lot of youngsters this age tonight feeling pretty devastated. There's lots of upset people. I spoke to a few of the mums that've got children in the same year. He was such a well-liked boy.'

Lewis’ mother Diane was too upset to speak on today. A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: 'Lewis was a lovely lad, everyone knew him. We are a close knit community and this will hit us hard.'

Lewis Eddleston Article-2229911-15E5FA59000005DC-900_634x428
A cordon has been erected around the area where police discovered the body
Lewis’ neighbour Royce Lambert, 49, said: 'People are devastated,' said the married father of two.

'He was a great kid, your typical 13-year-old boy. I had to tell him off a few times for climbing on my garage but that’s just what lads his age do.'

Lewis Eddleston Article-2229348-15E58C7B000005DC-640_306x423
'Worried sick': Lewis' mother Diane had made an emotional appeal for her son to return home
The retired Royal Marine said on Wednesday: 'My thoughts are with the family.

'It’s been hard for them while he has been missing but this news is truly heartbreaking.

'Nobody knows what’s happened to him yet, whether it’s been an accident or something else.
Before the body was discovered, Lewis’s mother Diane said his disappearance was out of character as appealed for her son to return home.
She said: 'He has never done anything like this before - it is totally out of character.
'We had had a lovely family bonfire on Saturday night and there were no problems at home or at school.
'We just want to know he is safe, we have no idea where he is or what has happened and we are worried sick.

'I just hope he sees this and gets in touch to let us know he is OK.'
Police have erected a cordon around the scene where the body was found, an area locals said was used mainly by dog walkers and youngsters using it as a short-cut to school.
One resident said: 'Other than the lane that runs through it, it's mainly marshland and reeds with a sort of ditch running through the middle.'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down