Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Katelyn Wolfe

3 posters

Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Katelyn Wolfe

Post by raine1953 Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:55 pm

LINTON, Ind. - The search for a missing 19-year-old girl in southern Indiana stretched into its fourth day on Monday, with friends and family turning to social media to help spread the word about her disappearance.

Katelyn Wolfe, 19, was last seen about 3 a.m. on June 6 in Linton, in Greene County.

Wolfe's last message was posted on Facebook. In the post, she indicated she felt she was being followed and that she was "out on a walk with creeps that keep driving by."

Wolfe has not been seen or heard from since. Her father reported her missing later that same day.

Wolfe is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs about 110 pounds, police said. She has black hair, wears glasses and a nose ring.

At the time of her disappearance, police believe she was wearing a black and white striped shirt and blue jeans.

A Facebook page -- " Finding Katelyn Wolfe " -- was created on Sunday, picking up nearly 1,000 "likes" by Monday morning.

The page was being used to coordinate searches for Wolfe and to spread her missing poster.

Linton Police Chief Troy Jerrell said that his staff has been working with Indiana State Police "around the clock" in the search for Wolfe.

"It is crucial anyone with pertinent information comes forward with whatever information they may know," Jerrell said in a statement. "We are following up on (every) lead that comes in and this takes time."

"It's not like her to be gone for this long without communicating," Jerrell told the Greene County Daily World . "We do believe she's in danger."

Tips can be called in to Greene County Crime Stoppers at 812-847-5463 or toll-free at 866-446-4672.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by raine1953 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Re: Katelyn Wolfe

Post by raine1953 Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Katelyn Wolfe 998136_579385022084879_1995973543_n
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Search continues for Katelyn Wolfe, police ask anyone with information to come forward

Post by raine1953 Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Katelyn Wolfe, 19, reported missing by her father, communicated with someone around 3 a.m. on Thursday, June 6, when she would have been in the area of C Street NW in Linton. Jerrell said Wolfe was on the phone talking to someone and was looking for people to "hang out with."

Since that time, there has been no activity on her cell phone or her Facebook account.
much more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Search Continues for Missing Linton Teen

Post by raine1953 Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 am

A community is coming together to look for a missing Greene County teen.

Katelyn Wolfe of Linton has not been seen or heard from for more than four days, and police are investigating any and all leads.

The 19-year-old disappeared around 3 a.m. on Thursday and police believe she could be in danger.

Indiana State Police have joined forces with the Linton Police Department and are working round the clock on the case.

Officers say they're interviewing persons of interest in the disappearance, and believe that she could be in harm because it's out of her character to not contact friends or family.

Those around the Valley have also teamed up to help find Katelyn.

A Facebook page for the missing teen -- only a day old -- has already gained nearly 1,600 likes.

"We are a close-knit community and family here and a lot of people have pulled together and pulled together the resources and helping us in anyway possible that we've asked for during this investigation. We've not given up hope yet so we are still looking for her," said Linton Police Chief Troy Jerrell.

A reward is being in the case.

If you have information, call the Linton Police Department immediately at (812) 847 - 4411.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Officers find body in Greene Co. woods

Post by raine1953 Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:56 am

Updated: Monday, 10 Jun 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 10 Jun 2013, 11:19 PM EDT

GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - News 10 is following a developing story at this hour.

Police tell us around 5:00 Monday evening, Indiana Conservation Officers found a body in rural Greene County.

According to Linton Police, that body matches the description of Katelyn Wolfe.

At this time the investigation is still open.

Linton Police say foul play is suspected.

We will continue to bring you updates as they come in.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:57 am

OMG!!!!! This is the second girl today who has been found dead!!!! When will it stop. That poor child....
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Breaking News: Body found in rural Greene County believed to be missing teen Katelyn Wolfe

Post by raine1953 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:00 am

Katelyn Wolfe 1875883-L
Linton Police Chief Troy Jerrell announced late Monday evening that officers have located the body of a deceased female in rural Greene County.
"Although we do not have 100 percent identification, we do believe this is Katelyn Wolfe," said Jerrell, "and we do suspect foul play.

See updated story for more information.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Updated Breaking News: Police say body of missing teen Katelyn Wolfe has been found; homicide investigation continues

Post by raine1953 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Linton Police Chief Troy Jerrell announced late Monday evening that officers had located the body of a deceased female in rural Greene County.
"Although we do not have 100 percent identification, we do believe this is Katelyn Wolfe," said Jerrell, "and we do suspect foul play.
much more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:56 pm

I wish the media or the different LE agencies would put out the same story, re: body ID'ed as Katelyn or not.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty MEMORIAL SERVICE: Community Remembers Kathlynn

Post by raine1953 Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:54 am

A Webster County teenager who was abducted and killed last month will be laid to rest Thursday.
A memorial service for Kathlynn Shepard is scheduled for 1 p.m. at South-East Webster-Grand Middle School in Boxholm.
The service is open to the public.
Kathlynn and another teenager were abducted from a bus stop in the town of Dayton on May 20th. The other girl escaped to safety. Volunteers spent the next two weeks searching hundreds of miles of ground for Kathlynn.
Her body was finally found in the Des Moines River last week.
Authorities say Kathlynn was abducted by Michael Klunder. He was found dead from an apparent suicide on the night of the abduction.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty 'There is an outrage now for what has happened'

Post by raine1953 Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Purple ribbons adorn every tree, statue and bike rack outside the Southeast Webster-Grand school building in Boxholm.

Inside, the gym is set up with enough folding chairs and bleacher space for 700 mourners. They’re coming to say goodbye to 15-year-old Kathlynn Shepard, who was abducted while walking home from school on May 20.

Shepard’s body was found in the Des Moines River on June 7.

Flowers line the stage where the memorial service will take place. A wreath with purple, yellow and white flowers bares a ribbon that says, “Loving Daughter, Sister.”

A section of bleacher seating sits reserved for the Southeast Webster-Grand choir, a group Kathlynn was an active member in. They’ll be singing a song in her memory.

Hundreds who volunteered and those who watched, waited and hoped as this case unfolded are expected to gather here to share in their grief and show support for Shepard’s family.

Even more people are expected to line the streets of Dayton for a “Celebration of Life” procession following today’s service.

Follow Register reporters Emily Schettler and Grant Rodgers on Twitter for live updates from today’s events.

Check back at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]often for updates throughout the day.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Katelyn Wolfe 681382639

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Katelyn Wolfe Empty Lemonade stand raises more than $2,000 for Katelyn Wolfe's family

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 am

June 13, 2013

Katelyn Wolfe's aunt spent Thursday with a group of youth who set up a lemonade stand to raise money to offset funeral expenses.
Beth Wolfe said she was pleased to see the local youth raising funds for a the tragedy that struck their family this week.

"The whole family is just touched by what is going on here. I thought I should do something to help myself in this situation, so I decided to spend the day out here with these kids who have such big hearts and compassion," Wolfe said Thursday afternoon.

Tyler Vivian, 9, set up at the Tracy Keen State Farm Office on State Road 54 in Linton on Wednesday afternoon with a small lemonade stand and a sign that said "Lemonade for Katelyn."

Even though he didn't know the 19-year-old who was taken from her family too soon, he wanted to raise money to help with her funeral expenses. Katelyn's father is laid off from work and the family had no money for a funeral.

By the end of Wednesday, he had raised more than $300 to donate to the fund set up in Katelyn's name at Regions Bank.

Thursday morning, Vivian's friends Avery Keen, 7, Aidan Keen, 10, and Kaylin Ewers, 9, joined him to prepare for a busy day at the lemonade stand.

As of late Thursday afternoon, they had raised more than $2,000 to help raise funds for Katelyn's funeral.

"I didn't expect it to blow up like this, but it feels good doing something for other people," Vivian told the Greene County Daily World.

Wolfe said despite the tragedy that has shaken our community and her family, there is still something positive to look to.
"This is one of the bright spots," Wolfe said.

Anyone wishing to donate to help offset funeral costs by visiting any Regions Bank and donating to the Katelyn Wolfe funeral fund.
There are other fundraisers being planned to help offset funeral costs, including a fish fry Friday at the Old 41 Diner in Sullivan from 4 to 8 p.m. The organizers will donate 50 percent of the proceeds from the fish fry to the Katelyn Wolfe funeral fund.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:42 am

Katelyn Wolfe Katelynwolfe5

Katelyn Wolfe Katelynwolfe2

Katelyn Wolfe Katelynwolfe6

Katelyn Wolfe Katelynwolfe4

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:44 am

Katelyn Wolfe was a graduate of Stockton High School, Class of 2012.  She listed Ivy Tech Community College on her Facebook page along with a quote on her wall:  "I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."  She also had a favorite quote by William S. Burroughs, "I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.  The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."  She is survived by a father, Eric Wolfe, and a stepmother, Laura Wolfe.  Her mother passed almost three years ago as one poignant poster made reference to on her Facebook page since her death, "Tell your mom I said hi beautiful. Love & miss you."  We know Katelyn loved her mom very much as she posted on Mother's Day, May 12, 2012, "to everyone who has their mom.  Please appreciate them today.  Cause you never know what might happen.  I say this from experience.  Give that woman who brought you into this world respect and love today.  I know i would if i still had mine."  

Katelyn liked Metal music, but she also liked older rock 'n roll like The Doors, Queen, and the Beatles.  She liked to watch Family Guy, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia among others.  For reading material, she listed The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson and Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski which I found interesting choices for one so young.  I thought her "likes" might have caught the essence of her spirit - "Doing whatever."

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:47 am

Katelyn Wolfe 1014255_580319511991430_1268248609_n
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:53 am

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 am

WOW!! Amazing how much she looks like Jaren Lockhart.

SO SAD!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down