Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swine Flu and H1N1 Vaccinations

+12
adelacruz
mommyof3kids
babyep
laga
NiteSpinR
Nama
CritterFan1
cherylz
TerryRose
Juanita
Wrapitup
ladyjustice37
16 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Swine Flu and H1N1 Vaccinations - Page 9 Empty Re: Swine Flu and H1N1 Vaccinations

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:28 pm

He was diagnosed with asthma. He now is on steroids twice per day even if he has no symptoms. He also has a bilateral ear infection; pus in both ears and bronchitis.

He was great in the car and at the doctor's office..go figure. He has been so lethargic and cranky. Poor baby. DIL was at work but my son put her on speaker so she could hear. The doc said cig smoke is the absolute worse thing for asthmatic babies - even 2nd hand smoke - even if you smoke outside. The smoke gets on your clothing and skin and the baby gets sick. She told Andrew he either needs to wear a smoking jacket that he keeps outdoors and away from Quinn or better yet..quit smoking.

I will be watching Quinn tomorrow. He cannot return to damned daycare until he has gone 48 hours w/no fever. Also, he was put on antibiotics.

p.s. I hate it that he goes to daycare. I don't think he is physically ready but what can I do?head bang

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu and H1N1 Vaccinations - Page 9 Empty Re: Swine Flu and H1N1 Vaccinations

Post by raine1953 Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:05 am

Wrapitup wrote:He was diagnosed with asthma. He now is on steroids twice per day even if he has no symptoms. He also has a bilateral ear infection; pus in both ears and bronchitis.
Poor little guy! When my g'son was four months old he was wheezing real bad, the Dr told my son it was baby asthma and he was on steroids and we had to use a nebulizer which meant putting a mask over his face, holding it there for the duration of the meds (10 minutes?) and he was such a trooper! Turns out he did not have asthma, he was allergic to cows milk so he got lucky since his Dad had did have asthma starting when he was five months old (& both his Dad & I smoked).

He was great in the car and at the doctor's office..go figure. He has been so lethargic and cranky. Poor baby. DIL was at work but my son put her on speaker so she could hear. The doc said cig smoke is the absolute worse thing for asthmatic babies - even 2nd hand smoke - even if you smoke outside. The smoke gets on your clothing and skin and the baby gets sick. She told Andrew he either needs to wear a smoking jacket that he keeps outdoors and away from Quinn or better yet..quit smoking.
Plus he needs to stay away from the doors/windows when he smokes and wash his hands before near the baby!

I will be watching Quinn tomorrow. He cannot return to damned daycare until he has gone 48 hours w/no fever. Also, he was put on antibiotics.
Wrap, I don't want Sebastian to go to daycare either! The few times he has been (when I was sick because I don't have a back up), he ended up sick although he loves to go but he's only two and I say why rush it? How old is Quinn?

p.s. I hate it that he goes to daycare. I don't think he is physically ready but what can I do?head bang
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:25 am

He should get better now. I am surprised that Quinn Mom smokes while she is pregnant. Please everyone that can get a flu shot this year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 am

My DIL does NOT Smoke. Her parents smoke like trains. I hate going to their house cause it reeks of stale smoke.

This w/be interesting in how her parents will handle this as both will be smoking to their grave. They are in their late 60's.

Rainbow, thanks for your post. I am in a rush as have to go watch him. Quinn is 14-1/2 months old.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:25 am

Sebastian just got his flu shot on Monday, I am getting mine next week as I always wait until October.
If those parents smoke in the home then the whole house is soaked in smoke & Quinn will have a real hard time. At the very least they need to smoke outside - does Quinn's parents live with the parents?
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:36 am

Wrap...the steroids will work wonders. I hope they ordered him a rescue inhaler too.
Yep, now would be the perfect time to quit smoking...what a motivating factor!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:37 am

Having H1N1
(and still paying for my hospital visit) last year--get your flu shot, everyone!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Swine Flu and H1N1 Vaccinations - Page 9 Empty Swine Flu and H1N1 Vaccinations

Post by Wrapitup Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:15 pm

The kids are getting their flu shots next week.

NO, DIL's parents do NOT live w/my son and DIL.

Cherlz, he is on Cedefinr (antibiotic), Pulmicort and something that starts with an x. I think before I said z.

It is SO important everyone get their flu shots! I am waiting till October as well.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum