Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Defense Challenges Death Penalty Motions Call Death Penalty Unconstitutional, Demand Justification

4 posters

Go down

Anthony Defense Challenges Death Penalty  Motions Call Death Penalty Unconstitutional, Demand Justification Empty Anthony Defense Challenges Death Penalty Motions Call Death Penalty Unconstitutional, Demand Justification

Post by Nama Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:24 pm

Casey Anthony's defense team filed nearly a dozen motions on Monday, including one that challenged the state's death penalty.
Anthony is currently awaiting trial on murder charges in the death of he daughter, Caylee.
One of the motions filed by attorney Jose Baez argues that the death penalty is unconstitutional. One defense attorney WESH 2 News spoke with said that motion is a formality in case of a future appeal.
Baez also filed a motion asking the judge to force the prosecution to reveal why it believes the death penalty should be on the table. He argues that the prosecution cannot establish why or how Caylee died and wants to know what evidence the state that justifies the death penalty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Anthony Defense Challenges Death Penalty  Motions Call Death Penalty Unconstitutional, Demand Justification Empty Re: Anthony Defense Challenges Death Penalty Motions Call Death Penalty Unconstitutional, Demand Justification

Post by Nama Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony say Florida's laws on the death penalty are unconstitutional.

The accused child killer's lawyers want the lethal injection taken off the table by the judge. They say State laws violate her Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment rights and also trample on sections of the Florida constitution.
255 pages of motions signed by defense attorneys Dr. Andrea Lyon and Jose Baez argue that laws on who is eligible for the dead penalty are too vague and put the burden of proof on the defense in the death penalty phase.
The State announced it would seek the death penalty in April. Miss Anthony's defense has call it an attempt by prosecutors to secure a favorable jury.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Anthony Defense Challenges Death Penalty  Motions Call Death Penalty Unconstitutional, Demand Justification Empty Re: Anthony Defense Challenges Death Penalty Motions Call Death Penalty Unconstitutional, Demand Justification

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Let them take it to the judge. I don't even care anymore. That is all the defense does is file one pathetic motion after another.

IMHO, even if they take the DP off the table, this girl is guilty. I would be happy with her having to spend the rest of her miserable life in jail with absolutely no possibility of parole. That for me would be enough right there to make me smile really big! :D
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:51 pm

I suppose this motion is de rigueur for the defense
but really - now they want to change the constitution
of the state of Florida to suit Casey Anthony? I wonder when Strickland is going to start to rule on all these motions. Someone posted they had "motion sickness"
and I understand that. I hope Strickland keeps the trial in line and doesnt go Hollywood on us.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:18 pm

I say NO death penalty. I would rather have Casey spend the rest of her life behind bars thinking about what a Bella Vita she could have had if she wasn't such a skank.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:16 am

well, he has to take great pains to dig through the law books all the way back to the constitution, i guess hes trying really hard to defend her.. maybe its because they really have no explanation for the physical evidence that they've uncovered as well as caseys rediculous display of regret and sorrow about losing her daughter that we've seen over the year. maybe thats why casey wore an american flag to that party, its a free country and she wants to be free!
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down