Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher

+7
cherylz
lisette
Nama
mommyof3kids
pookiebear
Wrapitup
artgal16
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher - Page 2 Empty Re: Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher

Post by cherylz Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 am

It's all just ridiculous isn't it?
And not to sound catty...but..."my what dark circles she has under her eyes"...I wonder why? :shock:
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher - Page 2 Empty Re: Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher

Post by TerryRose Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

cherylz wrote:It's all just ridiculous isn't it?
And not to sound catty...but..."my what dark circles she has under her eyes"...I wonder why? :shock:

-----she doesn't look like a "10" anymore does she? She is fading like an aging starlet. That fact alone might lead to a more fair trial because she won't be charming her way out of things anymore with her youthful beauty she once had.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:25 pm

She is fading fast isn't she? She has gained weight, she has dark circles, acne and a very unstylish hairdo. Oh, I feel so "bad", I guess she brings the worse out in me too!
Sort of like...from this... stripper
...to this... :trampoline:
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher - Page 2 Empty Judge Delays Ruling On EquuSearch Documents

Post by Nama Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Judge Stan Strickland delayed a ruling on the release of search records in the Casey Anthony investigation on Monday.
Anthony's defense team is seeking about 4,000 pages of documents from Texas EquuSearch, but Tim Miller, who is president of the group, opposes the motion. Miller called it an invasion of privacy for volunteers who searched for Caylee.
Anthony's attorneys want to know the names of the volunteers who searched the area around Suburban Drive and Hidden Oaks Elementary.
Defense attorney Jose Baez argued the records provided to him by EquuSearch are incomplete and difficult to read. He said EquuSearch claimed 32 volunteers searched the area where the remains of Caylee Anthony were found, but Baez said they've discovered more volunteers were there.
"We have been able to uncover specific individuals who also reference two other individuals -- both of them cadaver dog handlers and one of them a police officer," Baez said.
The defense has also claimed they've interviewed several volunteers who searched the area where the remains were found and did not find a body.

Attorney Mark NeJame represented Miller at the hearing. He said that Miller and the records have been available for months, and no request was made by the defense to speak with him or visit his office to review the documents.
"I think they should have the time to come to my office and review the 4,000 documents they're jumping up and down they haven't had access to because they haven't made the time to come over," NeJame said. "It is beyond me. It is incredulous to suggest that there is this bombshell, that things have been hidden from them when they're still sitting in my office."
NeJame also argued that the volunteers asked themselves not to have their identities revealed because of the intense media scrutiny of the case.
Judge Stan Strickland presided over the hearing at the Orange County courthouse and said he would issue a ruling later.
Casey Anthony is being held on no bond on the Orange County Jail. She is charged with murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in December 2008 by a meter reader. Anthony, 24, maintains that a nanny by the name of Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.
Texas EquuSearch conducted searches for Caylee for months. Thousands of people from all over volunteered their time to search for the missing little girl.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 pm

"I think they should have the time to come to my office and review the 4,000 documents they're jumping up and down they haven't had access to because they haven't made the time to come over," NeJame said. "It is beyond me. It is incredulous to suggest that there is this bombshell, that things have been hidden from them when they're still sitting in my office."
What I think is so ironic is that Mark Nejame was the Ant's Attorney and took himself off the case because they (in particular, Cindy) would NOT listen to him. LMAO. Now, he represents Tim Miller who says Casey never once mentioned Caylee and Cindy stopped her from marking an "X" on the map.

Karma is truly a bitch!! :woot:

Cherylz, you crack me up! ROFLMAO
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:51 pm

rabbit Just as I thought, this Court date was frivolous pick in But at least we got to see how uglier NOT mom is getting while she sits in her "room" at her "Dorm" this whole time!

Cherylz.. Girl, you are NEVER Caddy! We all feel the same and get that same hee hee feeling when we see her just wilt away in that cell of hers!! rocking smile ha ha
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher - Page 2 Empty Defense won't fight release of jail letters

Post by Nama Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Tempers flared Monday morning as Casey Anthony headed back to the Orange County Courthouse. Her lawyers accused the state of withholding crucial evidence in the murder case.

Defense attorney Jose Baez says the state failed to hand over a letter from a volunteer searcher who told detectives that he searched the crime scene months before the body of Caylee Anthony was discovered and found nothing.

"Why are they so afraid to tell us the truth and get to the bottom of this?" Baez said outside the courtroom.

Baez said the letter furthers defense theory that Caylee's remains were placed at the crime scene after Casey was already in jail.

"I think that's a serious discovery violation," Baez said of the state not immediately providing the letter to the defense.

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick stood up in court and said that Baez "is just plain wrong" to accuse them of breaking disclosure rules. It was also pointed out that the alleged witness has never been questioned under oath.

Judge Stan Strickland said he'll rule Monday afternoon on the defense motion to gain broader access to Texas Equusearch records.

Defense won't fight release of jail letters

Jose Baez said Monday that the defense will not object to the public release of jailhouse letters Casey wrote to another inmate.

"There's no admissions," he said.

The 250-plus pages of letters could become public record as soon as this week.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Casey looked more worried today or at the least very glum. She also never once glanced at her parents and in todays court there was no one sitting in front of the Ants to block their view. Cindy in all her outrageousness and showing utter disregard for the judges order of not chewing gum in court sat there and chewed gum the whole time. Amazing to me that she would disregard an order that Strickland took the time to mention in his court - no gum chewing! Cindy respects no one - absolutely no one - and she is showing her disdain for the cout and its proceedings to flaunt the judges request!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't know folks. Could she get off? Is this enough for "reasonable doubt" in just one jurors mind?

This case still has to play out.

By the way how long can Casey be a guest of the state. The state is funded by me the people and I am getting tired of paying her room and board.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:40 pm

From Hal Boedeker the TV guy:
More fireworks this morning in the Casey Anthony case.

A battle over Texas EquuSearch records was the top story on noon newscasts of WFTV-Channel 9, WESH-Channel 2 and WKMG-Channel 6.

“It got extremely heated,” WFTV’s Jeff Deal said. “Attorneys on both sides almost yelled at each other in the middle of the courtroom during this hearing. Casey’s defense was trying to ask for documents related to the search for Caylee’s remains that were done by the group Texas EquuSearch.”

Deal described Casey Anthony as “very stoic” during the hearing this morning. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Mark NeJame, attorney for Texas EquuSearch, lashed out at the Anthony defense team and said the records were available at his office for the defense’s review.

“They should have the time to come to my office and review the 4,000 documents that they’re jumping up and down they haven’t had access to because they haven’t made time to come over,” NeJame said in an oft-repeated clip.

NeJame said he was “incredulous” at the defense team’s suggestion there was “a bombshell” in the documents.

In a noon interview on truTV’s “In Session,” defense attorney Jose Baez dismissed NeJame’s complaints. ”I don’t think that that point is a valid one,” Baez said. “We shouldn’t have to review evidence in front of a … third party who decides to hold press conferences to argue points of the state. I don’t see that as beneficial to the defense in any way.”

Baez complained that the defense can’t photocopy the documents or write from them. He also hinted that more volunteers could be of interest to the defense beyond 32 listed by Texas EquuSearch.

“What is wrong with full discolsure?” Baez asked.

NeJame has argued that making the volunteers’ names available to the public could open those people to public harassment. NeJame has argued that making the names public could hurt Texas EquuSearch’s efforts to attract volunteers.

Also on “In Session,” defense attorney Cheney Mason said a private conference with the judge had nothing to do with today’s proceedings. Mason said the discussed top was “an extremely confidential matter” and “may come out later.”

Mason took a swipe at NeJame, saying the contentious hearing was expected “given the personality of the little player there for Texas.”

Cheney added: “We are not going to lightly be relegated to having to rely on the judgments and expertise of Mr. NeJame or anybody else as to what’s relevant or is not. Even the state can’t determine that. They have to give it all to us.”

Mason repeated his contention — which he made long before he joined the defense team — that there is no forensic evidence to link Casey Anthony to her child’s murder.

And what about those 50 letters that Anthony wrote to a fellow inmate at Orange County Jail? Baez told “In Session” that they contain his client’s communications about food and what she’d like to do when released.
source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Cheney Mason is a windbag - ok so maybe hes taller in height than Nejame - but I'd take Nejame as my lawyer over him any day. And hes wrong -there is forensic evidence linking Casey to the killing of Caylee
and even if there wasnt they can still convict her - remember Scott Peterson - there was no direct forensic evidence against him either -and he is on death row. Casey looked totally put out today - I wonder why? Im sure she is just so "tired" of being dragged to court to appear. I cannot wait until the trial, she was shooting daggers today and so were George and gum-smacking Cindy. They really are all alike.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:59 pm

And what about those 50 letters that Anthony wrote to a fellow inmate at Orange County Jail? Baez told “In Session” that they contain his client’s communications about food and what she’d like to do when released.

What she is planning to do when she gets out la la la
What a FREAK that Crazy is!! ROFLMAO!!! ROFLMAO
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 pm

When I read that, I thought, hmmm Baez is probably then not going to argue against their being released.
I read somewhere that it was unflattering toward George and Cindy - but I also read that the prosecution feels those letters could help them. Maybe
because the letters dont talk about Caylee - as in how much Casey misses her, or other references to her daughter.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

This is a good slideshow of Casey's body language in court today! I am still ROLFMAO!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Breaking news - Judge rules with Equusearch!

Orange County Judge rules in favor of Texas EquuSearch. The search group will not be forced to turn over information on its volunteers to Casey Anthony's defense team.
Hurrah!!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm

What about the letters?????

What happened to 15 days? I was at work during this hearing...who has news on when we hear about the letters (gritting teeth) hahaha

Thanks for keeping us updated, ladies!

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher - Page 2 Empty State seeks transcript from August hearing

Post by Nama Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Prosecutors want transcripts of an August hearing where one of Casey Anthony's defense attorneys announced her innocence in court.

Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick wants the transcripts for the two-hour hearing on Aug. 21, 2009. She doesn't explain in her one-page request filed Monday why the state seeks the information.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The 2-year-old's remains were found in woods less than a mile from her family home in December 2008.

At the August hearing, attorney Todd Macaluso, who is no longer a member of the defense team, announced in court: "The body or remains of Caylee Anthony were placed there after Anthony was locked up in the Orange County facility."

The defense at the time wouldn't go into details about what evidence they had. Macaluso's statement was part of the defense's request to obtain records from Texas EquuSearch, the volunteer group that helped search for Caylee.

The group claims there was too much flooding in the area and they could not search the exact location where Caylee was later found.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher - Page 2 Empty Casey Anthony: Will EquuSearch volunteer testimony save Casey from death?

Post by Nama Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is there a possibility that Casey Anthony will be spared the death penalty due to the testimony of one volunteer? Casey Anthony’s attorneys were in court today trying to obtain documents that they believe may prove Casey Anthony is innocent.

The documents are focused on a volunteer, Joe Jordan, who said that he searched the area where Caylee Anthony’s remains were found in December 2008.

The volunteer reportedly searched the area in September 2008 and found nothing. Since Casey Anthony was in jail in September 2008, it would prove that she was not the one who moved Caylee’s remains to the location.

A battle is brewing, however, as the volunteer group Texas EquuSearch says that the volunteers did not search the area in question due to the fact that it was underwater.

The fight was heated as the judge stated that the defense may freely look through search records provided by Texas EquuSearch. Casey Anthony’s defense counters, however, that they have been withholding information, particularly in regards to searches that were not included in the documents.

Joe Jordan is the volunteer who stated that after Caylee Anthony’s body was found, he contacted police to state that he searched the same area on September 1, 2008 and doesn’t believe that Caylee’s remains were there. He has since retracted the statement.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony in court April 5th/Judge Strickland rules in favor of T ES and they do not have to turn over info to Anthony's defense team!/ State seeks transcript from August hearing/ Defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher - Page 2 Empty Casey Anthony defense won’t get illegally recorded interview with searcher

Post by Nama Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:25 pm

The judge in the Casey Anthony case won't allow her defense team to have a taped interview of a volunteer who helped search for Anthony's daughter.

Defense attorneys had asked Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland for access to an illegally made recording by Joe Jordan, a member of Texas EquuSearch who assisted in a search for missing 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony in 2008.

Jordan recorded a conversation he had with his lawyer and an investigator for the defense team. He later turned the recording over to law enforcement.

Prosecutors said they never listened to the tape, but investigators interviewed Jordan later, in November.

In Florida, it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge. The court had previously ordered that the recording would not be used or be disclosed by anyone.

Volunteers claimed the area where Caylee was found was too wet at the time of their search. Jordon told the investigator that he had personally searched the area where Caylee was found but she was not there and it was dry.

In a three-page ruling today, Strickland wrote order that the defense can use Jordon's statement to investigators but cannot have access to his illegal recording.

The illegal recording statement is of no more value that what Jordan told detectives, Strickland ruled.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Caylee. The toddler's remains were found in woods close to her family home in December 2008.http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-taped-interview-20100407,0,1105956.story
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:41 pm

go the the hinky meter she has an excellent
article about Joe Jordan too with images.!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Any explanation ever given about why Jordan didn't show at the hearing the other day?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah, LM, I read that yesterday...I hope the prosecution will use maps like this and the wind direction info to discount the ridiculous assertion that Caylee wasn't there when they searched!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

Joseph Jordan located and marked on his TES search map were somewhere between 50 and 100 feet on east of Caylee’s remains on September 1, 2008.

Jordan states both dogs (one was Danny Ibison’s land-certified cadaver dog Tyler, and the other reportedly – but not confirmed – a search and rescue dog – note, not a cadaver dog – owned by a Panama City police officer) were taken into the standing water where the cooler was. He states they went into the water as far as belly-deep, stayed just a couple of minutes and were taken out without hitting on anything. Danny Ibison, however, states Tyler was recuperating in his truck at that time and he left Tyler there, never deploying him to the cooler finding.
One was a picture, he states, of Tim Miller, Danny Ibison and his dog Tyler, Yuri Melich and John Allen. This is the picture he is referring to:

Here’s another one of Danny and Tyler…

These are taken from Orlando Sentinel’s photo gallery of the Casey Anthony case, beginning at photo number 52. There are several more of the search on Suburban Drive on September 1, 2008 at that location. Let’s get straight what we’re looking at. As we have read in several of the searcher’s accounts recently released, on September 1st the search on Suburban Drive was centered to the east of the school. According to all statements referencing the finding of the dog/animal bones, including Mr. Miller’s statement, dog/animal bones were found out in the area to the east/southeast of the school and Mr. Miller came later in the day to check it out.
This is where the pictures of Danny Ibison and Tyler, along with Mr. Miller, Yuri Melich, John Allen and others are taken. (notice the big red circle?)
And apparently, in Jose’s world, somewhere around 5 miles is relatively close as well.

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by lindamarie on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added photos and cleaned it up so it is not a CC. of the Hinky Meter post.)
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:12 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Judge Stan Strickland has granted a request from prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case for a transcript of one of the more memorable court hearings.

On Aug. 21, 2009, Anthony's defense announced they had significant evidence that someone else placed Caylee Anthony's remains in the woods after her mother was locked up.

At that time, the defense also announced they were waiving their claim that the group Texas EquuSearch was acting as a so-called "agent of the state."

Defense attorney Jose Baez appeared to contradict that position at a hearing this week and used it in his argument to gain access to records from the volunteer search group.

It's unclear if the prosecution will need to use that transcript since Strickland denied the defense request for complete access to those EquuSearch records.

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 pm

artgal thanks so much for posting the Hinky Meter article. I loved it. Sorry you can't see it wrap. I did edit the post artgal as I do not think the Hinky Meter would like us posting his articles word for word. I added the pictures and tried my best to make sure the post made sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:01 pm

My point is that someone like ValHal (she is female by the way) can do such a wonderful and detailed analysis of these points, hopefully the prosecution
also will be able to and destory Baez's stupid arguments!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:06 pm

I could access the Hinky Meter. I believe that was 'WithPurpose' who couldn't. LM, thanks for editing and adding the pics!! Great article!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2