Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:26 am

good post

How sad for her little one. She has probably forgotten her after 6 months. crying

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Re: Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:02 pm

LM. Thank you for posting that you tube video. I loved it. The age progression of Paige was fantastic! It really made me feel close to her.

It seems like she was raised properly by the look of the video. I wonder what happened. She had a child at such a young age, and gave the baby up to the dad and his family. I bet her parents are so sad. Where could she be?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Ronnie Rider, Paige's on and off boyfriend for four years but not the father of her child, said the couple was planning to move into an apartment together.

Rider, 20, said he saved $1,400 working for a temporary service to get an apartment the pair could share.

He said he is still in love with the "popular girl" he met in 2006 at Ollie's Skatepark in Florence.

"I just want everyone to know that she is a very good girl," Rider said. "She is very respectful. I had a lot of love for that girl. I just want her to come home."

Detectives have questioned Rider, a convicted burglar, about his relationship with Paige. He said he cooperated fully except for taking a lie detector test.

"My attorney advised me against that," Rider said.

He said he wasn't fleeing the area when he traveled to Minnesota one or two weeks after Paige's disappearance. Rider, who remained there Friday, said he traveled north to help an uncle rehab recreational vehicles.

Rider, a mechanic by trade, said the move took the pain of Paige's disappearance away by keeping his mind focused on work.

"That is how I've been coping," he said.

He's my number one suspect.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101025/NEWS0103/10230351/
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 pm

From Oct 25, 2010

The mother of Paige Johnson has a minor criminal record and is raising four children in a motel room in Florence. One of the children is her own 2 1/2 month old.
Paige's father is a convicted felon.
Paige dropped out of school at 15 after giving birth.

More at:
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101025/news0103/10230351/1179/news&template=iphoneart
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 pm

I wonder how many of the children have the same father?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Watching the video I agreed with Wrap that it looked like she was raised right. Then I read about her mother and her father with their problems and I too wonder what happened.

Paige looked so happy and loving with her little adorable daughter, but I guess at 15 years old she would not be able to raise her daughter on her own. I always wondered why her mother was not able to help raise Paige's daughter. Now I know.

My thoughts always leaned towards the guy that dropped her off in Covington, Ky on a street corner. I never even thought about this Rider guy. I hope her family gets justice for her.

crying It\\'s Not Fair

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:20 pm

COVINGTON - When Paige Johnson went missing Sept. 23, Lisa Little wondered if the 17-year-old Florence girl may be in trouble.

The 37-year-old Little didn't want Paige to think she couldn't reach out for help because of past differences. Little once banned her own teenage daughter from hanging out with Paige because she was a "trouble maker."

Little created the "Paige You Are Safe Here" page on Facebook to reach out to the missing teen. Paige regularly used the social networking site to communicate with friends and family.

One month later, Paige still hasn't been heard from and the Facebook page has morphed into an exchange for more than 15,000 people seeking information on the teen's disappearance and remembrances of her.

Whether Paige will ever make it to a safe place, or see what her friends and others concerned about her say is very much in doubt, investigators say.

Investigators with cadaver dogs spent two days last week searching the 10,000-acre East Fork State Park in Clermont County but found no signs of a dumped body. The search concentrated on the park because Jacob Bumpass - who police said was the last person known to have seen Paige - sent a text message from the area about 4:18 a.m. on Sept. 23.

Friends and family describe Paige as a social butterfly who was always trying to lift other people's spirits despite being raised in an unstable family situation. Her father is a convicted felon, she dropped out of high school after giving birth at 15, and has no job.

Paige's 37-year-old mother, who has a minor criminal record herself, is now raising four additional children, including her own 2½-month-old, in a motel room in Florence.

Despite her lack of advantages growing up, Paige "was never the type of person who sat down and complained and whined about everything going on in her life," said Little's daughter, 19-year-old Paige Hanna. "She tried her best not to let anything get her down."

It was a combination of streetwise hardness and Paige's need for attention that often got the teen in trouble, friends said.

Bumpass, a 22-year-old convicted felon from Taylor Mill, admitted to Paige's mother that he gave alcohol to the girl in the hours before she disappeared. Another friend, who has since completed substance-abuse rehabilitation, recalls smoking marijuana with Paige.

Abby Schmitz, 17, of Edgewood, recalls being told to stay away from Paige because she was "nothing but trouble" when she moved into the same neighborhood five years ago.

Abby didn't listen and said she soon saw another side of Paige.

"She had so much personality," Abby said. "She was always happy. She wouldn't let anything get her down. If I was sad, she would do anything she could to cheer me up."

They became loyal friends, but the spontaneity of Paige's personality also got the pair in trouble.

"She kind of looked for trouble back then," Abby said. "She used to hang out with all the wrong people. ... She used to be the party girl. Me and her both were."

Abby said that changed when Paige had a child.

"Her role at being in the spotlight just slowed down a lot," Abby said.

Paige slept at Abby's house for three nights before she disappeared and didn't mention anything about planning to run away.

"I want her to be alive so bad," Abby said, "but it isn't looking good."

Little said Paige had no responsibilities that would cause her to want to flee. Paige's daughter, Makenzie, who is now 2, is being raised by her father and his family.

"She didn't have a reason because her responsibility with Makenzie was taken care of," Little said. "She was allowed to be a 17-year-old girl."

Paige's mother, Donna Johnson, 37, of Florence said her daughter was maturing. A week before her disappearance, Paige had picked up applications at Gateway Community and Technical College. She wanted to continue her education after dropping out of Simon Kenton High School soon after having her child.

She had also put in a series of job applications.

"Why would she try to find a job and go to school if she was planning to run off?" Johnson said.

Ronnie Rider, Paige's on and off boyfriend for four years but not the father of her child, said the couple was planning to move into an apartment together.

Rider, 20, said he saved $1,400 working for a temporary service to get an apartment the pair could share.

He said he is still in love with the "popular girl" he met in 2006 at Ollie's Skatepark in Florence.

"I just want everyone to know that she is a very good girl," Rider said. "She is very respectful. I had a lot of love for that girl. I just want her to come home."

Detectives have questioned Rider, a convicted burglar, about his relationship with Paige. He said he cooperated fully except for taking a lie detector test.

"My attorney advised me against that," Rider said.

He said he wasn't fleeing the area when he traveled to Minnesota one or two weeks after Paige's disappearance. Rider, who remained there Friday, said he traveled north to help an uncle rehab recreational vehicles.

Rider, a mechanic by trade, said the move took the pain of Paige's disappearance away by keeping his mind focused on work.

"That is how I've been coping," he said.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101025/NEWS0103/10230351/
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:25 pm

I went ahead and printed out the entire article with the video.

I agree that this Rider boy is suspect. Why won't he take a lie detector test?

WOW. The pics sure made it look like her home life was stable. How sad!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Interesting comments between a reader and someone accused as being Jacob Bumpass' mother on this website.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Missing-Teens-Friends-Use-Facebook-in-Search/_zgTrVd4Gkigf-pFJl2b4w.cspx?p=Comments
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 pm

COVINGTON, KY (FOX19)--As the Paige Johnson case moves into a half year of police work, investigators say they're still combing through hundreds of leads on the missing 17-year-old.

"We're just searching out those sources and making sure we show due diligence and following up on all the leads that receive," says Spike Jones with the Covington Police Department.

Jones says one lead, a tip about phone records, could lead investigators to a second person who may have been with the teen the night she disappeared in September 2010. But, Jones say his department is cautious about the tip, and he won't say more about who this person might be.

"We're not calling anybody a second suspect or pointing a finger at anybody in that respect, but we are certainly going to follow up on the leads," says Jones. "We are by no means calling this case cold. I know there are a lot of us around here that--we hope to resolve it--and as soon as possible. It's become rather personal for a lot of folks."

http://www.fox19.com/story/14318322/investigators-look-through-new-leads-in-paige-johnson-case?redirected=true
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Could Paige Johnson Have Been the First Victim of A Cold-Blooded Serial Predator?

Post by Wrapitup Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Published:November 30th, 2011 06:53 EST
By John G. Kays

Why did Jacob Bumpass drop Paige Johnson off in Covington, Kentucky (at 1 AM on September 23, 2010)? What vehicle was Jacob using that night? Why didn`t his cell phone pings match the Covington vicinity for the 1 AM time? Did Bumpass give Paige alcohol that night? What did Paige mean by her frenzied message sent on Facebook to her older sister Brittany Haywood at 12 AM: "GIRL, I need to talk you IMMEDIATELY!"

If Jacob Bumpass did drop Paige off in Covington that September night, some fourteen months ago, was it perhaps because he was making advances towards her, and she wasn`t reciprocating. This might explain why he drops her off in such a random location. It would also give an iota of meaning behind Paige`s cabalistic text that reeks of desperation.

With this alternative scenario in mind, which is recognizable as a hypothetical projection or a simulated model of possibilities, maybe someone else had abducted Paige Johnson that night. I don`t know everything I ought to know about Jacob Bumpass, but he seems to better fit the profile of a petty criminal, not a violent offender or possibly a serial-type of killer. Bumpass is not our man (I`ll opine).

A private investigator in Florida, Bill Warner, is painting a different picture for what may have happened to Paige Johnson. I`m buying Warner`s theory more than I`m buying the theory that Jacob Bumpass did it. For one thing, Jacob knew Paige`s family, lived in the same apartment complex, and the family knew Paige was with him that night. A much more likely playback of the tape, has a serial predator prowling the streets of Covington (overt your eyes for an instant), late at night on September 23, 2010.

Bill Warner`s blog from Monday has refined his theory a mite to link `asphalt paving projects` that coincidentally were going on at the time (and in the locales of those five small towns) that five women went missing. The women are: Lauren Spierer, Katelyn Markham, Holly Bobo, Karen Swift, and Paige Johnson. By clustering these cases together everything makes much more sense from an investigative perspective!

Paige Johnson would be the first case. Warner has been able to link some scheduled road construction in the area of where each of these young women went missing. I may have already said that, but this is big! Many of these construction workers have expansive rap sheets that would make them good candidates for our phantom of a predator, such as what is staring us in the face.

I hate to say it, but the way these five women completely vanish from the face of the earth, reminds me more of Ted Bundy. If you have the guts, you may want to read Ann Rule`s book, The Stranger Beside Me. I don`t myself, because Ted`s case still haunts me from when I first read about it in The Rolling Stone back in the late 1970s. An easy abstraction, however (as we collectively turn our eyes), is that this predator is a cold-blooded professional at work, who "plans his work, and works his plan.`

I`m not attempting to be humorous, I`m serious! Look at each case individually, then look at them as a whole. It starts to make much more sense. These various boyfriends or husbands have many character flaws, but they`re not crazy sociopaths who walk around killing their girlfriends or wives. This is a different sort of creature, a psychopath more along the lines of Ted Bundy (as much as I hate to admit it).

http://thesop.org/story/20111130/could-paige-johnson-have-been-the-first-victim-of-a-coldblooded-serial-predator.html

I am beginning to think the same thing.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Search for Florence teen leads to Knox County

Post by Praying For Faith Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:37 am

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20120729/NEWS0103/307290043/Search-Florence-teen-leads-Knox-County?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Search for Florence teen leads to Knox County

11:20 AM, Jul. 29, 2012
Written by Michael D. Clark

COVINGTON — A crime tip has moved the two-year-old search for a missing Florence teen to southeastern Kentucky.

Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders is reporting on his web site this weekend that federal prosecutors relayed a tip to his office Thursday from an Ohio law enforcement source regarding the disappearance of Paige Johnson of Florence.

Sanders stated that federal, state and local law enforcement officers are now investigating Johnson’s case in an area around a farm outside of Barbourville in southeast Kentucky’s Knox County.

The then 17-year-old Paige disappeared in September 2010 after leaving her Florence home to visit friends in Covington.

According to Sanders, a large team of investigators searched this weekend for a shallow grave that may contain Paige’s body, based on the tip.

“Law enforcement officers cleared a very large area of brush and overgrowth. After sifting through bucket after bucket of dirt turned up nothing, a backhoe was called in to slowly unearth the entire area. Before the search ended, investigators had dug 6 to 8 feet deep in an area about the size of an Olympic swimming pool with no luck in finding any sign of Paige,” wrote Sanders.

Sanders described the search as "frustrating in its lack of fruition, but impressive in scope, cooperation and effort,” Sanders said.

He added that “the information received was obviously not accurate in its exact location but he would not rule out the possibility Paige Johnson’s body is in Knox County.”

"Paige could still be close by but I assure you she's not where we were led to believe," said Sanders.

Also on Sanders’ web site were comments from Covington Police Chief Spike Jones, who stated: "As we approach the two- year anniversary of Paige's disappearance, it's important for the public and Paige's family to know we have not given up.”

Anyone with information should call Covington Police at 859-292-2222 or contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at www.missingkids.com.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Facebook Link for Paige Johnson

Post by Praying For Faith Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paige-Johnson-Endangered-Missing/160017684043260

A Facebook Link for Paige Johnson.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 am

17-year-old Paige Johnson disappeared nearly two years ago in September, 2010. But now a tip has led investigators to converge on a farm in Knox County, Kentucky; expecting to find Paige's body. But they didn't.

Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders says a tip was received Thursday night from authorities in Ohio. Friday morning a search team headed to Knox County.

Paige Johnson, mother of a 2-year-old, was last seen September 23, 2010 in Covington.

Posters went up all over town, there were rallies. A search of East Fork Lake State Park turned up nothing, but even after a year Paige's family was hoping for the best and thanking those who'd been helping.

According to Prosecutor Sanders, this latest tip indicated Paige's body would be in a shallow grave in Knox County.

But despite several hours of digging a swimming pool size hole from six to eight feet deep, nothing was found.

Sanders called the search frustrating in result; but impressive in effort. He said the information received was obviously not accurate in its exact location, but he would not rule out the possibility that Paige's body is in Knox County.

Paige could still be close by but I assure you she's not where we were led to believe, Sanders said.

Sanders also said the Ohio tip came in as part of an ongoing investigation unrelated to the Johnson case and no other details would be released about who provided the tip because that could compromise the Ohio case.

Among those working on this latest tip and search were the Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney's office, Covington Police, Kentucky State Police, the US Attorney's office, the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office, the Norwood Police Department and the Secret Service.

And why is the secret service involved? No one is saying.

No suspects have been named in Paige Johnson's disappearance. An acquaintance, Jacob Bumpass, is believed to have been the last person seen with Johnson.

He is currently in jail on an unrelated probation violation and has not been charged with anything in this case.

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Tip-Leads-Investigators-On-Search-For-Paige/3_4O8lMJ_keGxvRlpKHgZA.cspx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 pm

That is interesting to hear that the Secret Service is involved! I wonder who gave this tip to the LE?

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm

The secret service part of it makes me think Human Trafficking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Oh, I did not think of that! Thanks LM!

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Search For Paige Johnson's Body Turns Up Empty, But Hope Remains

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:10 am

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Search-For-Paige-Johnsons-Body-Turns-Up-Empty-But/3_4O8lMJ_keGxvRlpKHgZA.cspx

Search For Paige Johnson's Body Turns Up Empty, But Hope Remains

Published: 7/29 7:50 Updated: 5:09 pm

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Story
Paige Johnson 17-year-old missing from Covington (Covington Police )

(Looks like the green type is the new information to this story. BBM and I also used the Green Color.)

The first new lead in months takes the search for a missing Northern Kentucky teenager into the woods of Appalachia and another dead end. But, police hold out hope they will find Paige Johnson who's been missing since September of 2010.

Last Friday, acting on a tip, a small army of police officers dug for several hours outside Barbourville, Kentucky in Knox County. Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story from the beginning.

He reports that police say the information came from a separate investigation in Ohio involving Norwood Police, the Secret Service and the U.S. Attorney's Office. They found nothing in Knox County, but are holding out hope they might actually be getting closer.

In the dark, using backhoes and flashlights, the search for Johnson took a three hour road trip last Friday. Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders says, "We had roughly 30 people all digging through a piece of land about the size of a large swimming pool. Unfortunately, we came up with no sign of Paige whatsoever."

The 17-year-old single mother has not been seen since September 23, 2010. Since then, volunteers and police have searched high and low, including an extensive two day search at East Fork Lake, and found nothing.

Cell phone pings from the man she was last seen with, Jacob Bumpass, led them to East Fork. But what was it that led them half a state away? Covington Detective Bryan Frodge says, "The information is credible. It fits a lot of the rest of the investigation. It was credible enough to the point where we needed to follow up on it."

But still no body. Do police feel they are closer to finding the missing girl? "I think it's very possible. The areas we searched in Knox County... I think there's a very good chance that is involved. Now, it's just a matter of pinpointing the exact location."

"I would say it's possible her body would be in Knox County or it's still entirely possible Paige is up here somewhere locally."

For Johnson's family, it's another painful twist in a slow-moving drama. But they, like investigators, are hopeful. Paige's mother Donna Johnson says, "Yeah, it's disappointing, but I know they have given it 100 percent... It's just wonderful they are going to the extent they are to find her, and I want them to know I am so grateful and so thankful."

The bottom line is there is no sign of Johnson, and no one charged with anything related to her disappearance. Bumpass's probation was revoked after the investigation got underway, but he has not been charged with anything tied to Johnson's disappearance.

It is still a mystery, and no one is sure if the Knox County information is a solid lead or another dead end. But, so far, it's turned up nothing.

Paige Johnson was 17 when she disappeared. She would turn 19 next month.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:56 pm

You are welcome LM. Maybe someday we will learn what the case is in Norwood , Ohio and why the Secret Service is involved in that case. At least that is how I now read it. I still do not trust that Jacob Bumpass at all. The comments to that article were interesting to read. Her mother looks so young, she must of had Paige at a young age also.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:27 pm

I thought her Mother looked young as well. I seem to remember reading some where when Paige went missing that her Mother did have children at a young age. Just like Paige did. I wonder how her little girl is doing? I read she lived with her Dad's parents.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 pm

I remember that Paige's daughter was living with her father's parents also.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Police searching business connected to Paige Johnson

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 7:37 AM CST
Updated: Jan 12, 2013 12:52 PM CST
Posted by Cora Allen - email

LATONIA, KY (FOX19) -
Police have been scouring the area around a Latonia business that is believed to be connected to missing Florence teen, Paige Johnson. A number of police have been searching around 35th and Decoursey along with k-9 units.

Police have been scouring the area around a Latonia business that is believed to be connected to missing Florence teen, Paige Johnson.

Police say they are working on an unconfirmed tip that they should search the area, however they have not officially stated that the search has any connection to Johnson.

A vigil for her was held at the property that is owned by a friend of Paige's mother.

An officer was on patrol at the business over night, more units arrived at the scene as sun came up. A tent has been set up and more equipment is being brought in.

Johnson went missing in September of 2010, she was seventeen at the time.

FOX19 was on the scene first and will continue to update

http://www.fox19.com/story/20569772/police-searching-business-connected-to-paige-johnsons-family

Must-see video!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Police search N.Ky. cistern for body of Paige Johnson, acting on tip
Johnson has been missing since Sept. 23, 2010

Posted: 9:11 AM
Last Updated: 1 minute ago
By: Shannon Kettler, Shannon.Kettler@wcpo.com

KENTON COUNTY, Ky. - Police in Northern Kentucky are looking for the body of missing person Paige Johnson.

Johnson, 17, has been missing since Sept. 23, 2010.

Police are acting on a tip that Johnson's body might have been dumped in an old cistern in the 3500 block of Decoursey Pike in Latonia.

"This is a tip out of left field compared to all the information Covington police have gathered so far so I don't hold out a lot of hope," Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders said.

Special equipment has been brought in to help investigators search inside the cistern.

"It's got a brick top to it but it is a poured concrete crypt basically. It was what they used to use as part of the sewer system. When they started getting city sewers, they detached the cisterns from the building sewer system and often times started filling them with trash and other debris and that's what we have here. We have all sorts of old bottles, broken pottery," Sanders said. "It looks like black dirt with lots of broken pieces of pottery and that's what they are sifting through at this point."It's a time consuming process that involves removing debris bucket by bucket.

Sanders said the officers did find bones but they are not human.

"It's confirmed to be some sort of animal bone, don't know what kind of animal," Sanders said. "In an abundance of caution, they are going to keep digging and sift through all of it to make sure there's no human remains mixed in with these animal remains that have already been found."

Paige Johnson's cousin, Alisa Johnson, stopped by along with other relatives to check out the Decoursey scene.

"We are never giving up," Johnson said.

Johnson told 9 On Your Side the building site where police are searching was at one point a ceramic store called Paint Yourself Silly. The owner, Lisa Little, held a vigil for Paige Johnson not long after she went missing in October 2010. Alisa Johnson said the store closed not long after the vigil was held.

The search of the cistern is expected to last into the afternoon.

"We are leaving no stone unturned. We are going to do whatever it takes and exhaust any possible lead related to the site. If in fact, Paige is not located here, we will move onto the next step of the investigation which is looking for more leads," Sanders said.

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/police-searching-building-for-paige-johnson-acting-on-tip#ixzz2Hn8I7kbM
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm

by Chelsea Hoffman

Where Are Paige Johnson's Remains?
January 12, 2013 01:45 PM EST

The search for Paige Johnson's remains continues after more than two years, and officials are still focusing their efforts in northern Kentucky. Reports indicate that officials are looking around a cistern in an area in Covington of all places—where she was last seen, even though there are reports that she could have been taken out of state.

Will the remains of this missing teen ever be located? This was once a very high profile case that has been compared to the disappearances of Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer, Shelly Mook and many others in the same 400-mile circumference on the map. In fact, her disappearance has been speculated by some experts as being connected to some of these other missing women.

Cadaver dogs are being used while officials hope to locate Paige Johnson's remains. Hopefully today's search ends up successful and at least some kind of clues are located in this aging case.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981837371
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Search for missing KY teen renewed

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 1:16 PM
Updated: Jan 12, 2013 1:43 PM

Police in northern Kentucky say they are searching again for the remains of a missing 17-year-old girl.

Police tell NBC-affiliate WLWT in Cincinnati that they are searching a cistern in Covington for the remains of Paige Johnson, who was reported missing in September 2010.

Specialized search teams and cadaver dogs were at the scene Saturday morning after police got a tip that the girl's body may have been dumped there.

Police say the search is expected to last much of the day.

Johnson's family told LEX18 that Paige was declared legally dead about a year ago.

In the summer of 2012, authorities responded to a tip that Paige Johnson was buried in a shallow grave in Knox County, but no remains were found.

The man last seen with Johnson is Jacob Bumpass.

Investigators say Johnson went missing after Jacob Bumpass said he dropped her off at her Covington home.

http://www.lex18.com/news/search-for-missing-ky-teen-renewed-317020/
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Nothing turns up in latest search for NKY teen

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Jan 12, 2013

COVINGTON — An old cistern turned out to be a dead end Saturday in the case of missing Northern Kentucky teen Paige Johnson.

Investigators went to the cistern at 3508 Decoursey Pike on Friday and returned Saturday after The Enquirer forwarded them a tip it had received that Paige’s body may have been dumped there. The teen has been missing for more than two years.

The search of the cistern was called off about 4 p.m. Saturday after turning up only animal remains, according to Covington Police Chief Spike Jones. There was nothing to indicate a crime had occurred there, he said.

Cadaver dogs indicated Friday there might be human remains in the cistern but that could have been because of methane gas coming from the underground reservoir, Jones said.

The mother of one of Paige’s friends once operated a paint-your-own ceramics shop at the location. There was even a candlelight vigil held outside the business shortly after Paige’s disappearance. Residents have dumped trash down the cistern for as long as 60 years, Jones said.

Forgotten cisterns like the one being searched dot Covington’s older neighborhoods.

Helping Saturday were members of Covington police and fire departments, Northern Kentucky Tech Rescue, Erlanger fire and Kenton County Homeland Security.

Because of the instability of the cistern and the presence of methane gas, police got the help of a fire and rescue team trained in recovering people from confined spaces.

No one has seen or heard from Paige since Sept. 23, 2010. That’s when acquaintance and convicted felon Jacob T. Bumpass said he dropped her off at 15th Street and Scott Boulevard in Covington. Shortly after Paige disappeared, police began to focus on Bumpass, then 22. He is still a person of interest, investigators said.

While Bumpass said he dropped off Paige at about 1 a.m. in Covington, phone records place him near Paige’s Florence home at that time. Bumpass, now 24, was released Aug. 1 from prison after being re-incarcerated for parole violations discovered within days of Paige’s disappearance. He was arrested again in October after a parole officer found alcohol in his apartment, a violation of his probation.

Police have followed Paige’s trail through her phone records, Bumpass’ phone records and tips, searching two states in two years.

They searched East Fork Lake State Park in Clermont County with cadaver dogs in 2010 after they discovered that Bumpass’ phone accessed a cell tower near the park.

A scene late in July in Knox County was eerily similar. Norwood police received an anonymous tip that prompted a search of some woods near Barbourville, Ky., where they dug up ground searching for Paige's remains – to no avail.

While Jones said he hopes Paige is found alive, he and Paige’s family acknowledge she is likely dead.

“This is an open case and it’s not going to ever be a closed case until we find Paige and bring her back to her family,” Jones said on the two-year anniversary of her disappearance. “We haven’t forgotten.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130112/NEWS0103/301120086/Nothing-turns-up-latest-search-NKY-teen?nclick_check=1

Was so hoping it was her yet relieved it wasn't her. Hope that makes sense. Just wish there would be closure one way or another.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Empty Family, community gather for fourth anniversary of teen mom's disappearance.

Post by Wrapitup Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Holly Pennebaker, John Genovese
9:34 PM, Sep 23, 2014
6:56 AM, Sep 24, 2014
Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter - Page 2 Wcpo-paige-johnson1_1411523127212_8358114_ver1.0_900_675
COVINGTON, Ky. -- A Northern Kentucky teen mother hasn't been seen since her disappearance four years ago, but her family's memories of her will never fade.

As they have in previous years, Paige Johnson's family gathered in Covington's Goebel Park Tuesday evening, the fourth anniversary of her Sept. 23, 2010 vanishing.

Paige was last seen by Jacob Bumpass, 22, at 1 a.m. when he said he dropped her off in Covington, at 15th and Scott streets.

Even though numerous searches for Paige have turned up empty, her family and community hope she's "still out there."

Tuesday marked four years of searching for Paige Johnson
"We've met down here the last 3 years, gathering in a place where a lot of people could come and gather with us," Johnson's aunt, Rhonda Stadtmiller said. "It's a daughter that's missing ... it's a sister ... it's a cousin ... it's a niece, granddaughter ... it's a mother. We'll never quit looking, even if it's just us that show up here."

Gary Johnson misses his daughter's smile and character every minute she's gone.

"She's very loving and compassionate person and that's what sticks in my mind all the time is that smile - it'd light a room up," he said.

His determination remains as strong as ever.

"We will not stop until we find her ...  we will, definitely," Johnson said. "There's definitely hope and we're never gonna give up hope."

Investigators share the family's drive to find Paige, and say their search efforts haven't slowed.

"A mother is missing their daughter and her daughter's missing her mother. That's what keeps you going and that's what keeps our team going," Dave Rader of the Texas Equusearch Ohio Chapter said.

"We just have to keep our eye on the prize and that's bringing her home."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/kenton-county/covington/family-community-gather-for-fourth-anniversary-of-teen-moms-disappearance

must see video..above link.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2