Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison

2 posters

Go down

Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison Empty Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison

Post by charminglane Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 am

Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison
By Hector Gonzalez, Staff Writer
Posted: 01/05/2011 04:14:49 PM PST

Jaime Elvis Elizondo was killed in prison by his cell mate, prison officials said Wednesday, January 5, 2011. Elizondo was convicted of assaulting a 5-year-old girl inside an Arcadia bookstore in 2008 and sent to prison in September for 30 years.

ARCADIA - A registered sex offender convicted of assaulting a 5-year-old girl inside an Arcadia bookstore in 2008 and sent to prison in September was beaten to death in his cell, state corrections officials said Wednesday.

Jaime Elvis Elizondo, 35, of San Gabriel was killed Dec. 20. His High Desert State Prison cellmate, Steven Cisneros, 36, is the prime suspect, said Lt. Charlie Hahn, prison spokesman.

The Lassen County Sheriff-Coroner's Office said Elizondo died of blunt force trauma.

Elizondo was convicted in September of exposing himself to the young victim inside a Borders bookstore at the Westfield Shopping Mall in Arcadia in 2008. The assault was captured on the store's video system.

A witness confronted Elizondo and later found his photo on a Web site listing registered sex offenders and gave police the information.

The Megan's Law website lists Elizondo as having a conviction for lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 14, but it does not list the date of that conviction.

At the time of Elizondo's arrest, Arcadia police praised the witness not only for confronting Elizondo and interfering with his abuse, but also for following up and reporting the crime to police.

Elizondo was sent to High Desert State Prison to begin serving a 30-year-to-life term for lewd acts on a child under 14 following his conviction in the Arcadia case.

Cisneros, 36, arrived at the prison in November to serve a 56-years-to-life sentence for murder, officials said.

The 5-foot, 4-inch, 200-pound killer was convicted in February 2010 of first-degree murder in the stabbing of his roommate, Lawrence Kaiser, 44, at a sober-living facility in Santa Barbara.

After Elizondo's beating death, Cisneros was placed in segregation while the homicide is investigated, Hahn said.

Both Elizondo and Cisneros arrived at the 4,600-inmate facility in Susanville on the same day - Nov. 30, prison officials said.

At his request, Elizondo was being housed the prison's "sensitive needs yard," a special ward for inmates "with victimization concerns, who feel their safety could be put in jeopardy" if mixed in with the general inmate population, Hahn said.

Cisneros also was being housed in the sensitive needs yard, Hahn said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Karma, Karma, Karma. Gotta love it!!!
This happened at "my" mall in Arcadia.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison Empty Re: Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 am

I feel that way to about the Karma. I felt the same way when I heard Jeffrey Dahmer was killed in prison.
I love your signature charminglane.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison Empty Re: Convicted San Gabriel child molester killed in prison

Post by charminglane Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Looking for a change in the New Year, LM.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Karma's a bitch and it does indeed come around.
Another one dead and forever off the street.
I don't feel sorry for him one bit either.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down